DealExtreme - Coupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.63/10 6.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.43/10 5.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.62/10 6.62/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.26/10 7.26/10

"Beware - scammers!! I placed an order on the 17th of October, 2014. I still haven't received what I ordered. Here is what happened:

On the 4th of December I opened a support chat session and was asked to open a ticket. I did that.

The response was:

Don't worry , we have requested the post to check the package via offline methods, it needs time to investigate, we will tell you as soon as we get the result from the post office.
So please give it another 1 to 3 days, you know it needs time to process.
if you also still don't receive till then ,contact us again ,we will follow up.
don't worry ,if the packages are lost on the way or returned to us or something happen after our investigation ,we will arrange a refund or reshipment to you.

I waited until January, which I believe is patient enough and then gave them another status update. They replied to check if my address is really correct and to check with my local post office if they have the package. Usually you get a notification, but what the heck I called them and they didn't have it.

I told them that and got the answer that, "upon further investigation" my package was lost in transit...

Also the following: Please do not worry, as we have the following 3 solutions for you:
1. Replacement (we will resend the item(s) to you) (we also need to confirm your address)
2. Refund (refund to your PayPal account or credit card directly)
3. Store credit (save the money in your dx account for future purchases)
Please let us know which you prefer, so we may further assist you.
We strongly suggest that you pay $1.7 to add a tracking number to your package for future purchase. Tracking allows you to trace your package by yourself anywhere at any time.

I then thought, yeah it could be a mistake and chose a replacement, which was arranged on the 8th of January and turned out to be a huge mistake.

On the 2nd of March I opened a new ticket and got the following response when I claimed that my package is still not there:

After checking, your package has been shipped without a tracking number.
Please don't worry. Maybe your package was delayed in transit. Delays are usually caused by a backlog of packages or delays in Customs. We strive to make sure the items reach you smoothly and safely and we will follow up until you receive your package.
Please kindly wait several days with patience and see if it arrives. Thank you.

Now, one month later on the 6th of April (of course it's STILL not here), so I replied, claiming for a refund or that I want to speak with the supporters' supervisor but the requests are ignored. Instead (and this is unbelievably ridiculous) I was asked to check my address AGAIN. Also, they asked me to check with my local post office again to see if they got the package, which I already did for a second time at the end of March.

So, in my opinion DX is a scammer website. They try to delay the whole process so you can't open up a Paypal dispute. As you can see, I am long over the 45 days period. I lost all hopes in ever receiving what I ordered or getting a refund.

I recommend no one buying anything from their website and I will do my best to spread this experience so that no one else falls for their shady business scheme.

“Dear spelaben,
We are so sorry for what you've been through.
We are not scammer. You can read other reviews on this site. It's hard for us to control since the packages are shipped out from the cooperative post office.
There might be any unexpected reason which might cause the "package lost",such as irresponsible post man at home and abroad, the poor transportation condition, or custom detention, even natural factors like flood, fire disaster,etc.
We have no ability to list all the factors but one thing we can guarantee that if customers' packages are confirmed lost by our post office,we will make full compensation.
About the replacement order 150108001076455487,it might be lost again,this time we will issue overdue refund for you.
It will take about 2 weeks for you to receive money.

Sorry again.If you have any other query,pls contact us via ticket#F3E89DB7C6BE47E68F9C276C3B325597.

DX”

"My husband bought a quad copter from them. It took a month to receive it, but it it DealExtreme two minutes to charge our credit card.

The copter didn't even last two hours.

I will never buy anything from these crooks again.

Buyers beware!!!!!

I saw their response below. When I said the copter didn't last 2 hours I should have said it doesn't work at all after he flew it for a few minutes. It just rolls around on the ground and won't fly.

Period !!!

“Dear jrmangino,
Sorry for the inconvenience there caused.
I checked that you placed this order on 3/19/2015 9:46:04 AM and we shipped it on 3/20/2015 6:47:04 PM.
Then it was delivered on 2015-04-04 15:57.
It didn't take a month while it's very normal.
On FAQ,we clearly state that for standard airmail,the ETA is about 14-21 working days.

About your second question,please refer to the specification of this item:
Battery Capacity 300mAh
Battery Type Li-polymer battery
Charging Time 60minutes
Working Time 6~9minutes

If you have any further query,please open a ticket via the link https://cs.dx.com/Ticket/Index.

DX”

"Zboží poslali vždy, když n?jaký parametr nesouhlasil nabídli vrácení zp?t, nebo refundaci - bral jsem refundaci 10 dolar?. U nefunk?ního zboží cht?li fotografii a zaslali ho op?tovn?, nabídli i vrácení pen?z. Z mého hlediska úplná spokojenost."

"Good Service, great products, awesome prices"

"I bought a easycap, a video recording tool, it's for 7-10 useful days and the ninth day was today and it's not coming, please DX if you can tell me what happened. This is my adress so you can check the delivery and tell me what have gone wrong:
Rua Olavo Bilac 518 Londrina, PR, Brazil
CEP:86062260

“Dear PedroCervantes,
Since you don't tell us your order number,we cannot help you on this matter.
For this kind of case,you need to contact our live chat or ticket service to check.
7-10 working days are only time to prepare items before shipment,while not the delivery time.
If you have any further query,please click this link https://cs.dx.com/Ticket/Index to open a ticket by using your order number.

DX”

"I made a purchase on Dealextreme more -dx the product was lost in delivery. I contacted them DX me
treated very well. sent me another product
I am very pleased with the DX, Ja made many purchases and so this has been lost I think it was in the post office BRAZIL
The DX staff did not blame the problem. Plus they fix everything Dealextreme DX satisfaction guaranteed.
Elio Brazil
Fiz uma compra na Dealextreme -dx mais o produto se perdeu na entrega . entrei em contato com DX eles me
trataram muito bem . me enviaram outro produto
estou muito satisfeito com a DX , Ja fiz varias compras e so esta que se perdeu acho que foi nos correios do BRASIL
O pessoal da DX não teve culpa do problema. Mais eles resolveram tudo , Dealextreme DX satisfação garantida.
Elio brasil

"***BEWARE - All good if you have no issues but GOOD LUCK if you have a problem***
I ordered a smart watch, a tire pressure gauge and a couple of other items. The smart watch was a supposed to be a gift but came with no instructions, the tire pressure gauge does not work. I have a ticket which was opened on the 5 Mar 15 and have done everything asked ie. photo's of the items. Have been in contact with their live support staff who tell me that the ticket staff will respond. No one is responding!!! The smart watch is useless to me now as it is well past the birthday. Didn't think it would take 20+ days to get a set of instructions... Have purchased from DX in the past and have had positive experiences. This however has made me think twice... All I want to do is return the defective items!

“Dear klingus,
Sorry for the inconvenience we brought to you.
The ticket staff who was responsible for your case has quited her job,but our manager has forwarded your case to another ticket girl to handle.
You will get replied within 24-48 hours via ticket#CC63B2E202834E18B2167B38A1E2C660.
Sorry again.

DX”

"Nice place. I can say only about electronics, and it's good, you get that, what you order. It's works good. Also once i get broken item i take a picture ,send it, and they give me money back just in one day, without any problems.
So it place where can try to seek that,what are you looking for.

"Horrible Customer Service.
Originally ordered an item on March 18th to use for my honeymoon around the end of April. Extremely vague descriptions about processing and shipping times .. But even with that they are totally off. Initially claimed to have shipped item on the 23rd. Was not able to use tracking information to find anything after a few days. Emailed CS and asked Live Chat to give me something that shows me it really has been shipped. Also asked if it hadn't been shipped yet to please cancel my order because the chances of it getting to me in time are almost 0. Both guaranteed to me it's on it's way.

May 28th rolls around and I get a change of shipment email stating that the item got rejected in shipping and they had to reship it with no real details on how this large of a company could have something as simple as a camera get rejected in shipping. Now two days later new tracking number again doesn't show up in any system they have linked me to and for some reason the only thing that comes up in google is that it possibly is a tracking number for the Netherlands???

Absolutely ridiculous. I've bought many things in China before without issue.

In Reply to their response:
You say that no one can expect the issue but you are a LARGE company in China that sends thousands of packages daily. Again it's already an unacceptable situation. I asked for the order to be cancelled if it wasn't on the way and instead you send it back out again?? And asking to be patient? It's already going to arrive here After the time I specifically bought it for.

“Dear kuroiokami,
Sorry for the inconvenience.
We checked your order but we think it is in normal process.
You placed order on 3/19/2015 8:58:08 AM and we shipped it on 3/24/2015 8:00:22 AM.
Please understand that we often need 3-5 working days to prepare items before shipment.
The first time we tried to ship it by CN post but it failed to pass custom security check,which nobody can expect, as it depends on the periodical custom policy and its implementation strength.
After that,we changed the shipping channel into NL post.
Now it is normally on the way. You can track it on http://www.17track.net/en/.
Could you please wait patiently?

DX”

"I've been a DX Customer since 2012, and made order more than 30 orders, happen to receive DOA (Death On Arrival) twice, for the first case I get a full refund without send back the item (the item is cheap -- only about 3 USD), the second case I send back the item and I get full refund plus the shipping fee. the third case I happen is the item defective (90 days after arrival), the DX CS ask me to send back the item to get the replacement, but I just realize that on my country now forbid to send electronic outside the country, so I cant send back the defective item. after negotiation with the DX staff they said they cannot send replacement if I not send the defective item, they offer me a store credit and give me half of the price value into my store credit. I think its fair enough. overall I recommended DX as they give a good service."

"On September 27th, 2014, I ordered a battery from Dealextreme. On November 5th, since I didn’t get my order, I applied to customer service and they promised me that I have nothing to worry about. On December 5th, customer service notified me that package probably lost and suggested three alternatives:
1. Credit in Dealextreme store.
2. Reshipment.
3. Refund by Pay-Pal
Since I wanted the battery, I choose reshipment. On December 10th they notified me it was shipped.
In January 13th, since I didn’t get my order, I applied to customer service. I was chatting with ‘Cher’ and she suggested I will wait another week. On February 5th DX applied to me and asked me to confirm my address (same address they used for previous orders) I obviously confirmed my address. Four days lated they suggested I will go to the local post office and check whether I have a package waiting for me...
On March 4th, after I applied again they suggested again store credit or adding $1.70 in order to get the item. This time I insisted to have full refund and on March 12th Elaine promised me that “The refund $5.22 will be issued to your paypal account”. On March 24th I applied and asked why I didn’t get the refund yet. Joice asked me to wait one week more. On March 31st, I applied again asking why I didn’t get refund. Fiona wrote “i am sorry, i see our related staff has not submit your refund successfully, would you like to keep the money to store credit , then you can use it right now?”.
Summary: 6 months after I ordered, I have neither battery nor my money.
I feel I felt victim to a bunch of crooks

“Dear Arie63,
Sorry for all inconvenience.
Our previous staff who made a mistake on your order and submitted a wrong order to our manager.
She has been published for the wrong.
Now we submitted the overdue refund request to manager again. You might receive money in about 2 weeks.
Hope you can forgive for this and trust in us.
I created a ticket#9E3B507CBA194BF498C285CB27C0A04B to follow until you get your money.

DX”

"DX seems to have a very extensive return policy. (http://www.dx.com/Page-Conditions#return_policy)
Sadly I ordered an item and I never received it.
Upon wish from your customer service board we gave them extra and extra time to wait for the items to arrive. After more than 2,5 Months (!!!) the item still did now arrive, but we are still supposed to wait. While I gave them this extra time, our right of asking the money back through paypal expired.
This is very sad to see, that our generousity was used like this, which we did not expect from a plattform like dx.com

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-29-2015

“Dear anita_AT,
We make a sincere apology to you.No matter how positive or negative your review is, it means a lot to us.
Your order has been confirmed lost, meanwhile we have issued full refund to your paypal.
It is gonna take about 24 hours for you to recieve the money.
Sorry for all.
We have no ability to list all the factors but one thing we can guarantee that if customers' packages are confirmed lost,we will make full compensation.

If you have anything else,please contact us again.

DX”

"Very poor service, Its been almost a month and still now sign of the goods. Would never use again"

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-26-2015

“Dear doris11,
Sorry for the inconvenience but please keep objective.
We checked your order that you placed it on 3/12/2015 12:15:12 PM and we shipped it on 3/13/2015 10:05:49 PM.
Since your order is without tracking number,it often takes longer time than the ones with tracking code.
It usually takes about 2-6 weeks(i.e. Mon-Fri, excluding public holidays in Hong Kong and in your country),though sometimes this could be much longer than expected.
The delivery time varies from different destinations and different shipping routes.Besides,there might be any unexpected reason causing the delay.
Hope you can understand us.
Please let us know if you have any further question. Have a nice day!

DX”

"It was my first order at DealExtreme. I ordered 9H tempered glass for iPhone 6 for really excellent value for a money. Unfortunately, there was some damage on the item. I was a bit scared on DOA procedure, but I was really impressed. There was user friendly interface, they required uploading only two photos and a short description. I received a kindly excuse message from DX staff shortly and they offered me either replacement item for free or crediting full order amount on my sole discretion. I decided for a replacement item and they shipped that immediately. I recommend this company as really reliable and fair. "

"I have buyed many products from DX. Everything is correct and they fast ship the items."

Share DealExtreme - DX's store rating

DealExtreme - DX is a Merchant Member! Learn more

DealExtreme - DX is a merchant member
DealExtreme - DX participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,853 merchant members.