DealExtreme - Coupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.82/10 6.82/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.55/10 5.55/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.94/10 6.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.35/10 7.35/10

"Dealextreme aka DX has been my go to online store for a couple of years now and they keep improving. I still can't believe they can offer such a great assortment of gadgets, tools, even mobile phones and almost anything one can or even can't think of. Best part of it being that the prices are really low, for me (I live in Holland) and the shipping is always free.
Delivery can take some time, sometimes weeks, but all that is stated transparently on the site, and I accept that.
Descriptions on the site are detailed and mostly the reviews helped me further to make my choices.
Customer service is also very good: I received some parts with (inexplicable) slight damage and the customer service was very helpful in sending a replacement or refunding.

Great job, DealExtreme

"Nice place where you can find interesting and useful stuff. Very good warranty period."

"I just love DX, I am constantly on the look for gadgets and tools to buy. It is so cheap and always free shipping! For the prices they charge, you can't find anything better. And when something goes wrong, they will always refund or re-ship the item within a few days. By far never had any problems, I have been order from them for years. I can spend hours looking at their great deals."

"I liked to buy at DX because of price and sort, but I didn't like because I bought 45,92 but it was charged 47,30 (3% more than the right price), besides the delivery time took too long. The products delivery was apparently stopped during almos 2 months and the total time to arriving was 69 days"

"Reasonable delivery time, great customer and refund service."

"Interesting products, timely delivery, good service, timely refund if goods lost pattern during the delivery of the world!"

"Pour ce qui est du service clientele rien à dire,tres bonne communication et rapidite dans les reponses des e-mail
Pour ce qui est de la reception des commandes,je trouve que le temps dure longtemps et meme tres longtemps
Et enfin pour le rapport qualite/prix je dois dire que c'est satisfaisant

"Black friday's purchase has still not arrived.
We are almost in May. 6 months!
Their customer support workers are robots. Not real people.
These are the rats that are eating the empier from the grounds.
Is this how china wants to conquer the world? Thats a joke!

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-29-2015

“Dear orensomething,
Thanks for your review while sorry for the inconvenience you've been through.
About the returned package RI245683795CN,we have arranged a new replacement order,which is 150430001095098267.
We will proceed on it asap.
Thanks again for your patience.
If you have anything else,please contact our ticket service or live chat service.
Thanks so much.

DX”

"purchased couple robo fish, after 2 month DX still instists I should wait for my delvery, delaying my refund, one day asking for 1-3 more days, 2 weeks later for another few days, pathetic, for pitty $7 they putting their reputation on line, will never ever use them again, imagine if there would have been mre expensive purchase

avoid avoid

How to deal with DealExtreme (v1.1)

1. Lodge a claim or dispute with PayPal as soon as possible. If it's been < 45 days since you ordered, you might get your money back. If DealExtreme contacts you outside of this process and asks you to close the dispute, DO NOT DO IT. This is how they continue to get away with what they do.

2. Continue talking to DX support personnel by lodging a ticket at http://services.dealextreme.com/ as long as they keep responding, but keep a full account of everything they send you, as I did. As you get responses from customer support, post it in a thread on their forums at http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx so that all the other customers can see what hoops you are jumping through. Knowledge is power. If you eventually get ripped off, at least you have this full transcript to send to Paypal or a complaints website or to use in a lawsuit.

3. While you are putting your support dialogue into a forum post, request assistance from moderators on the forum. They can't act as support personnel but they can forward your service ticket # to the support personnel for action. It might help, so it's worth a try.

4. ALWAYS film yourself opening the intact DX package. DX CONSTANTLY neglects to pack certain items you have paid for, but if you tell them the item is missing they don't believe you unless you have a clear video of yourself opening the package and the items contained inside. So FILM YOURSELF OPENING THE PACKAGE from start to finish, otherwise you can NEVER get the missing items sent to you.

5. DON'T order a heap of items in one order. That is a perfect way for them to leave one or two out and it's much harder to get your money back than if you had got each item individually. There's also less chance of the items being lost or damaged in transit.

6. DON'T TAKE ANY BULLSHIT FROM THEM. If they continue to delay, or ask you to wait, or tell you they've given you a refund but you don't have one, or your item says "pending", go to PayPal IMMEDIATELY. DX relies on delaying you for as long as possible so that when enough time passes, you can't go to PayPal to get your money back or even make a complaint. DX will tell you to do RIDICULOUS things, like suggesting you "fix" a broken item yourself, or to go to each post office in your state/province to look for the missing package. That is bullshit. Don't listen to them, they are just trying to delay you so that they can eventually ignore you with no consequences.

7. Don't give up easily. If they stop responding to your support ticket for a couple of weeks, start a new one. Never forget that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease", DX will eventually become so pissed off with your persistence that they just might send a replacement or refund just to shut you up. This has happened to me.

8. LODGE COMPLAINTS ONLINE at any one of these sites under the same name as your DX account (so they can tell who made the complaint). DealExtreme support personnel DO READ THESE SITES!!! And I have personally lodged a complaint at resellerrating and the NEXT DAY they miraculously started talking to me again, and made mention of my my review at resellerrating (I gave them 1/10 and went on a huge rant about how I was ripped off). DX support staff also lodge fictitious glowing reviews at these sites themselves! D O D G Y! (If they didn't, then the store would be rated at 1/10)

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-28-2015

“Dear werdas,
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Your order has been shipped on 3/10/2015 2:55:39 PM without any tracking code.
Since it is a less than 15USD order shipped by ordinary airmail,it often takes much longer time than standard airmail to deliver.
Could you please kindly close the dispute now?
We will request our post office to look into it.Once they confirm it is lost,we will make full compensation.
Hope you can understand us and pur yourself in our shoes.
Thanks.
If you have anything else to query,please reply us in the ticket#1F7EB0F6E75F4BEAAA2728F3A5E18AC9.

DX”

"Very prompt and reliable service from dx.com. The refund was also credited very early, as per online standards. Overall very happy shopping with dx.com"

"This is a ripoff company. they say that they have shipped your items then they just keep telling you to wait. after a few months you just give up. i do not understand why some state attorney general cannot stop this"

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-29-2015

“Dear one_searcher,
Sorry for being late to reply you.
You must misunderstand your order status.
We checked your order has just been shipped on 4/11/2015 4:13:06 PM.
The ETA is about 2-4 weeks,which have to exclude weekends,holidays,etc.
Why did you say a few months?
Now your order is stuck in custom security check. Could you please wait for another 2 weeks for the update?
If you have anything else,please contact our live chat or ticket service.
Thanks.

DX”

"I ordered from Deal Extreme EU Direct but I have nothing but trouble with them.
They sent the order in 2 packages. One arrived (after 3 weeks... Express Shipping???), but the display I received was defective (DOA).

The second package is being held at customs because they did not include the required customs declaration form. I ordered from EU direct and that guaranties me no Duty and VAT fee (as clearly stated on their website!

* Free Express Shipping
* Free On-time tracking
* No Duty and VAT

After fling a complaint they replied that I will have to sent the Defective display back to Hong Kong. They will only refund partially.

As for the second part of my order that is being held at customs they say they will only compensate 50% of the customs fee and VAT,

I have decided that I will not sent back the customs form and then the package will then be returned to Hong Kong (if DX included the required return address, otherwise it will be destroyed by customs).

I asked them to give me a written confirmation that they will give me a full refund, if I return the defective display (DOA), but I am getting no more responses from them.

It looks like I just lost $105.37 and hours of support-desk trouble to Deal Extreme!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
27th of April 2015:
My response to Deal Extreme:

It's too late for that now. I had to respond to customs within 8 days by letter and that window has past. The second part of my order will be shipped back to you.

I will need you to confirm that I:

1. Send back the defective display and you will cover the return shipping fee as explained by you below.
2. You will **completely refund** my order ($105,53) since I won't get the second part of my order anymore.

Or:

You will sent me a working display , VR glasses and tablet cover all in ONE Express shipment, free of VAT and Duty, after I sent proof of the returned display.

Mistake on you website or not: It's your fault/mistake. NO Duty and VAT = NO Duty and VAT!
Your customer services should learn to read what a customer is writing so you will not make such customer unfriendly mistakes."

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-26-2015

“Dear tb303,
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please give us an oppotunity to explain.
1. First of all,there is no delay of your order. You can read the FAQ about handling time and delivery time for Belgium customers.
2. Secondly,about custom issue,there is an error on our site. "No Duty and VAT" is an error which we have ever put forward to our IT guys to mpdify. Actually customers can buy EU DIRECT Import Tax & VAT Insurance Service(SKU 844377218) together with products,so that we can refund full amount tax if items are detained by custom. This time we have to report your case to our manager and decide how to handle it.We will reply you in the ticket#B28A6D67C6E64772904F03767F74A5C1.
3. About postage of sending back defective items,We will cover the actual postage according to the shipping receipt you provided; but less than 60% of the defective item(s) value and less than $40. This is our return policy.

If you have anything else,you can also report in the ticket.

DX”

"As always, DX offered me a perfect service. I often make purchases from that website and never had any problem. As an example, this particular product arrived with a broken piece (first time for me; and I already ordered tens of products in the last years); I sent a message and in 24 hours they answered me and sent me a new product right away."

"i'm very glad from dealextreme, they have wonderfull customer service, thanks."

"I found this Company to be very honest and reliable. Something rare in the business world these days. They have a huge range of products at very reasonable prices. I highly recommend them "

Share DealExtreme - DX's store rating

DealExtreme - DX is a Merchant Member! Learn more

DealExtreme - DX is a merchant member
DealExtreme - DX participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,840 merchant members.