Cymax StoresCoupons

• Address: 4170 Still Creek Drive
    • Contact: inquiries@cymax.com
    • Phone: 866-740-9830
    • Customer Support: 866-740-9830
    • Business Hours: Customer Service: 8:00-16:00 PST, Mon - Fri / Sales: 8:00-17:00 PST, Mon - Fri 8:00-16:00 PST
    • Fax: 604-629-4708

Product & services pricing Rating 7.78/10 7.78/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.82/10 7.82/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.95/10 7.95/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.98/10 6.98/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.80/10 5.80/10

"I AM SOOOO FRUSTRATED with Cymax. I have not received the table I ordered almost an entire month ago. Nothing has been resolved. I have not heard from anyone within the last few days. I have tried contacting Cymax a couple of times since I last spoke with a customer service rep. This is just totally unacceptable!!! How can they do business like this? When they realized the table hadn't been shipped, there should have been one go out immediately. Aaaarrrrgggghhh"

"Update:
I was contacted by a friendly rep from Cymax who arranged to have the furniture returned and my account fully credited. It took them a while to get in touch with me, but when they did, the problem was quickly solved.

Updated the star rating to 4.

Original:
I purchased a set of furniture from cymax and received merchandise that was not as described. So far Cymax has not responded in resolving this issue.

I called cymax agent prior to making the purchase and they assured me that the items were made of wood. We have a newborn in the home with a special condition and so we cannot have composite board furniture in the home. We received furniture made of composite board.

When I contacted Cymax they sent me a stock email with charges for shipment and a restocking fee of over $500 offering no other recourse even though this was not our mistake but a misrepresentation of their product on their part.

I just want to have the furniture returned with a refund in full and with a prepaid shipping label.

"It is a nightmare dealing with Cymax. I have put in an order of a bed and a nightstand on 9/9 (tuesday). On 9/13 (Saturday), I received an email stated that the nightstand is discontinued, and Cymax will not be able to ship the nightstand to me. The email stated that if I need to cancel other item of the order, I have to log onto "my account" to do that. On 9/14 (sunday), I logged onto my account, and cancel the "bed" as it is no good when the nightstand is discontinued. I want and I ordered a set. Since Cymax can't fullfil the order, I requested to have the whole order to be cancelled. On 9/16 (Tuesday), I called the customer service and asked about my cancellation status. The customer service looked at my account and told me that I should have received the confirmation email within 3 business days as noone works on the weekend. He further stated that I shouldn't have any problem about the cancellation. On 9/18, I received an email stated that the bed has shipped. I called customer service again, and the guy told me that he didn't know why the shipping information is added to "my account" page, but my cancellation request is ignored. So, he told me that he would put in a "return request" for this item. This is such a headache dealing with Cymax. All I want is a full refund of $1,323 if you can't simply fulfill my order. I just don't want to buy a mismatch furniture, and I simply don't want to deal with Cymax any further. This is ridiculous as Cymax has no concept of customer service. "

"I ordered a conference table from Cymax. While it took a little longer than I had hoped to receive the table, their customer service agent contacted me to apologize and was extremely kind. The table far exceeded my expectations. It was beautiful and of very good quality for the price paid. Even the assembly was simple. "

"Have ordered online for years from Amazon, Overstock and many others. Decided to try Cymax. Product was priced lower than competitors. Here is what happened: Placed my order, credit card was charged, very nice online system confirmed my order. I can go online and track my order. Everything seemed fine.
Order was to ship in 3-4 days. Sure enough, in a few days their website tells me that "Lindsay" confirmed pick up in North Carolina, item was "In Transit". Few days later, get an email to "Schedule Delivery". Cool, I picked a date and time. Received email and text reminders of my delivery date...extra cool. 6pm the night before my delivery I received a phone call that my item would not be delivered tomorrow..."Delay in Transit".
Cymax uses Manna Distribution to schedule/move their products. So a call to "Alexandria" tells me the product did not reach the local delivery carrier. Could not tell me if it fell off the back of the truck, could not tell me when delivery would be scheduled and, I loved this one, indicated they would not call me or update me. Hmmmm.
Called them every day. Spoke to Todd, then Michael, all of them would look at my order and tell me they would have to make some calls and get back to me/email me. No calls back or emails. You will love this..check the website and it tells me my product is ready to leave North Carolina in a week. So, another call and they tell me the product was never shipped the first time. So what exactly were they tracking? A little "smoke and mirrors" going on. Their automated system lets you think your product was shipped. So 3 weeks into this, the website says my product is in my hometown. Am out of town on business...waiting for the delivery scheduling email. It never comes. It has been sitting with the local delivery carrier for a week. Fortunately in one of my many calls to Manna Distribution, I asked for the name of the local delivery carrier (just to verify they actually exist). I pulled my notes, googled them and gave them a call. Yes, my product is sitting on their loading dock, waiting for Manna Distribution to give them the delivery schedule date. So I drove to their loading dock and picked it up myself. So much for the "white glove delivery to your door/over threshold".

"I placed an order for a twin loft beds on 7/11/2014. After 4 attempts, I still do not have my order. On the first attempt, the distributor never received the merchandise even though Cymax told me they did. On the second attempt, the distributor received the merchandise but it was damaged. On the third attempt, the distributor never received the merchandise even though Cymax told me they did. On the fourth attempt, the merchandise was damaged again. After all that, I cancelled the order on 9/18. This was the WORST customer service I have ever received. I will NEVER do business with this company again!"

"I ordered 2 of the Avenue Six Malta Office Chairs in Red.They are really red which I love. I use them at my kitchen table. I need a chair with casters because of a disability . I am heavy, so I worried that they would not be stable. They are wide enough for my body and very sturdy. My son-in-law (who is not a Mr. Fix It) put these chairs together in a short amount of time. These are great chairs. They are very comfortable and look much more expensive then they are. I would recommend this chair to anyone. I love it. "

"I never heard of Cymax before but when I goggled corner tv stands Cymax came up with the best selection and PRICE!! I received the tv stand faster then they said I think I got it in 5 days which is great!! it was perfect and as advertised easy to assemble. I am very pleased with my purchase and will definitely use Cymax again. Thank you "

"Absolutely terrible service. Never order with this company. I put an order for bedroom furniture that was showing "in stock" at the time of order. One week after the order they sent me the wrong mirror, but not the dresser or the nightstand, which all of a sudden turned out of stock. It has been more than 3 months since I have put the order, and they have not sent me the products which i was supposed to get in 7-10 days. I called them a thousand times, but they never apologized for this neither did they offer any discount. I still have not received my products.

Finally the items came on 10/10/14. and guess what they re damaged. Cymax wants to charge restocking fee, shipping charges, and will take 2 weeks to return the items. Never order with them, you will be in trouble.

"Took some time to put together, but well worth it. Desk and hutch are great!"

"Crosley Culinary Prep Kitchen Cart in Stainless Steel

Overall decent product. Although the small screws holding the metal laminate to the compressed wood underneath were not adequate and came a bit loose, so I replaced with better ones. I would not expect to have to do this at this price range. Also, the product came damaged but Cymax was helpful in providing me with replacement parts.

One last thing to keep in mind is that the stainless steel surface scratches very easily.

"I found exactly what I wanted for our new house on Cymax and had an easy experience, and was even able to pay through my Amazon.com account. It shipped so quickly, too. I am looking for another item for our new house and Cymax has the best selection and the best prices. I will definitely check Cymax in the future when I need something and will recommend Cymax to my friends and family."

"CYMAX IS THE WORST PLACE EVER THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE THEY CANCEL ORDERS WITHOUT TELLING YOU THEY SELL FALSE ADVERTISEMENT ON SHIPMENT DATES AND THEY ALSO LAUGH AND HANG UP ON THE CUSTOMERS. IF YOU EMAIL THEY TAKE DAYS TO RESPOND AND THEY DONT NOT CALL YOU BACK"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-12-2014

Cymax Stores, Cymax Stores rep has responded

“Hello,

Thank you for your review.

In order for us to assist you, can you please provide your order # that was provided to you at the time of purchase?

We would be happy to help and rectify any issues you may have had.

Kind Regards,

Cymax Customer Support”

"The child's bed was beautiful! Solid pine wood and steel structure made this the best purchase. It provides ample growing room, with the accessory, and the grey color goes great with pick. One of my best purchases! "

"I was looking for a chair for company to sit in. I have a limited space here where I live. This chair is just perfect! It arrived in good condition and on the exact day I was told that I'd receive it. Everyone who has seen the chair commented that it was "nice looking" and very comfortable. It was also priced reasonably. I had a great experience shopping with Cymax and would gladly recommend trading at this store."

Cymax Stores is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cymax Stores is a merchant member
Cymax Stores participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,865 merchant members.