Stores > Cymax Stores

• Address: 4170 Still Creek Drive
    • Contact: inquiries@cymax.com
    • Phone: 866-740-9830
    • Customer Support: 866-740-9830
    • Business Hours: Customer Service: 8:00-16:00 PST, Mon - Fri / Sales: 8:00-17:00 PST, Mon - Fri 8:00-16:00 PST
    • Fax: 604-629-4708

Product & services pricing Rating 8.02/10 8.02/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.50/10 8.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.55/10 8.55/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.03/10 8.03/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.66/10 7.66/10

2016-05-13

Big mistake buying from Cymax. Don't trust product reviews.

"Big mistake purchasing Hillsdale Aspen 24"-30" Adjustable Bar Stool in Oyster Grey from Cymax. Stool is not quite as pictured or described. Basically a pretty stool with an unusable back. Pictures shown show a back you can use, more or less upright. The 1 stool I put together has a 110 - 115 degree angle. The result is I've purchased 4 worthless stools. I can return 3. Not the one put together. I have to pay shipping both ways. The real kicker is the restocking fee was 25%. Worst of all I am unable to leave a review on the Cymax site for the horrible stools. Seems like they want to keep the high 5-star rating for the stools. Very fishy. Their customer service suggested I try to sell the stools myself. I wouldn't buy them, why would I pawn them off on someone else?

UPDATE:
After 3 weeks of emailing and calling Cymax and providing proof that stool I put together looked nothing like picture on their website Cymax arranged for all 4 barstools to be picked up and issued a full refund. This was incidentally also after contacting the BBB. Before I contacted BBB and after I had provided pictures showing the clear difference Cymax was holding to charging restocking and me paying to return the unacceptable items. During the 3 weeks I received exactly 2 calls from Cymax. One telling me they had arranged to have them picked up and the other asking me to update this review. On the latter call I mentioned that since we were discussing reviews I found it suspicious that their site wouldn't allow me to review the 5-star item I was dissatisfied with. I was told the site "had" been broken and was now fixed, then nope, it's still broken. As of today unsuspecting buyers will see the item in question with a 5-star rating because no reviews can be left.

This review was modified by Oommma on June 03 2016 05:39:17 AM
Rep reply posted Jun-01-2016

A rep from Cymax Stores, Cymax Stores, has responded

“Hi Terri,

Thank you so much for working with us to resolve the matter.

Can you please confirm that all has been resolved and that you are satisfied with the resolution provided?

Kind Regards,

Cymax Customer Support ”

2016-05-11

Satisfying [product

"Easy to build good quality for a good price."

2016-05-10

Reasonably Priced Desk

"Desk fits perfectly in my small office. Was pretty easy to assemble but took a few hours. I should have bought the side table or drawers to go along with it. "

2016-05-09

Speedy and Special

"The headboard and night stand arrived within 36-48 hours of of placing the order! The pieces are beautiful and were a great price! What more could you ask for?"

This review was modified by jstandridge on May 09 2016 09:04:27 PM

2016-05-09

Resolved a very difficult problem

"1. ordered BLACK headboard (Hillsdale Furniture Brand)
2. Received WHITE headboard instead (Direct from Hillsdale) Hillsdale's mistake. Not Cymax.
3. Contacted Cymax and was told that HILLSDALE required photographic proof that is was white and not black
4. Emailed photo of WHITE headboard
5. Cymax apologized and told me that Hillsdale Furniture (their supplier) required a photo of the BOX it came in as well.
6. Sent a photo of the box
7. Cymax apologized again because HILLSDALE FURNITURE told them that until Hillsdale Furniture figured out why THEY sent white instead of black. I would have to suffer until they figured out how THEY made the mistake."
8. A Cymax Supervisor (Dominique D.) to handle the situation. She said that the entire thing was handled poorly and that she would get Hillsdale Furniture to issue a call tag for the headboard for a return.
9. Two days later I got an email saying that Hillsdale Furniture would be sending a carrier with a call tag to pick up the headboard.
10. Stayed home the entire next day and around 4:00PM UPS shows up with ONE call tag. Yet the headboard came in TWO boxes, not ONE. To make things worse the call tag was a ONE ATTEMPT pickup instead of the normal Three Attempt type. UPS wanted to take ONE of the two boxes, but I wouldn't let them do it. I wanted the entire headboard returned.
11. By this time Cymax had had enough of the hassle Hillsdale Furniture was giving me about the return and we made a FANTASTIC deal for a monetary compensation.

Thank you Cymax for handling the impossible situation Hillsdale Furniture put me through with such Customer friendly care.

You are STILL my go-to furniture supplier

This review was modified by itsjustdad on May 18 2016 01:08:51 PM

2016-05-08

More than books!

"This holds books AND clutter my boys leave around the living room. And it's super cute that I'm okay to have around even where it's so visible. Shipping was super fast AND it was packaged so well to prevent any damages, really well! But I was surprised to find the quality of the product not so "quality", what the pictures can't show (not to cymax's fault). :) Wouldn't mind the price if the quality was better but now I feel like it was a little more than I would've want to spend."

2016-05-04

twin bed

"Good guilty bed and materials. Game in a solid box and delivered on time"

2016-05-03

"Love, Love, Love it.....!"

2016-05-03

The Stars say it

"I was looking for kitchen counter stools that are low cost, sturdy, metal, white and come completely pre-assembled. These very inexpensive but comfortable kitchen counter stools checked all 5 boxes. Hence the 5 stars."

2016-05-02

Good strong furniture....not so great finish

"The Sauder computer desk is strong and very convenient. It was easy to put together. However I am disappointed in the fake finish. It is shows some uneven spaces and is very low on the reality scale."

Happy mama

"So happy I stumbled across Cymax. After buying all my pieces for my bedroom set and getting it, loving the prices and the furniture. Can't wait to buy more. Their customer support is amazing when I had a question. Love these guys and gals!!!!"

This review was modified by jennirochford71 on May 23 2016 01:06:47 PM

myrm

"This was the easiest and economical way to purchase."

2016-04-28

IMPRESSED!

"I recently purchased the Crosley outdoor furniture and I love it soooooooooooooo much I am ready to purchase another right now! Beautiful set for an affordable price.

Happy Customer

2016-04-28

Be sure to ask if you can return an item if you upgrade to Gold Delivery

"After posting a negative review on this site, Cymax contacted me and allowed my return. Make sure to ask if you can return an item if you upgrade to Gold Delivery. It took several hours of my time to fix this issue. I was refunded in full. "

This review was modified by AmyLZ on June 17 2016 02:21:35 PM

2016-04-19

Satisfied Consumer

"I ordered some tables a few months ago from Cymax. I received the order quickly and very pleased with the product"

Share Cymax Stores's store rating

Cymax Stores is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cymax Stores is a merchant member
Cymax Stores participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,536 merchant members.