"RIPPED OFF BIG TIME by COMP-RECYCLERS! TheY have refused to answer four email messages requesting an RMA # thus COMP-RECYCEL STOLE $77.00 from a RETIRED SENIOR CITIZEN trying to live on social security. ALL PARTS RECEIVED WERE 100% DEFECTIVE OR DOA. I ordered 2-WESTERN DIGITAL WD200 HARD DRIVES but got 2- DOA MAXTOR DRIVES. I also orderd 4- NVIDIA TNT2 16 GB VIDO CARDS. Two were as pictured on the website but both had serious screen streaking thus both defective and not useable. The other two video cards were not as pictured and not AGP slot compatible so I haven't a clue if they work or not! I have sent a Certified Mail demand for an RMA # but after finding this site I will be going directly to the US Post Office Inspectors. By the way, these bums use US Postal Service Priority Mail Envelopes for their shipping packing. "

"It is a shame that the US postal service, Texas DA office, Plano police department has let these crooks operate for this long. They need to be stopped! They have taken too many people's hard earned money!"

"I have also fallen victim to this scam! I wish I had found this website sooner. Today I received a Seagate 40 GB hard drive that is DOA! I will be reporting these THEIVES to the FTC and the Plano, TX
Police DEPT. I have a phone number from the address of Allen Wagonburg (972)208-0371. No luck yet.

"I ordered 3 pci modems, 1 has battery acid all over it, 1 has a capacitor missing from the board, and the third doesn't work-ALL 3 DOA,
also ordered a quantum 6.4 gig hard drive, wasn't even in the box, ordered a dual ide ribbon-received a single ide ribbon, and last but not least ordered an external modem, which amazingly does work, but from the way it sounds when it ti dialing, it too will soon be an unusable peice of junk.
To sum it up, I ordered 6 items, 1 was missing from the order, 3 are doa, 1 was not whwt was ordered, and 1 works-but probably not for very long

"He has MY home phone number on his WHOIS data!!!

I have been doing some investigating after receiving numerous phone calls since last summer for comp-recycle. Finally, a gentleman today told me where to find the WHOIS data for the comp-recycle web site. I don't know how much of the data is fictitious but I know the phone number is MY HOME phone number! We are in no way associated with this person or business but are getting phone calls from irate customers from all over the country (at all hours of the day).

The current name on WHOIS data is Steve Pittman but apparently it was formerly Allen Wagonburg. According to my 'whitepages.com' search Allen Wagonburg lives at the 6617 Phoenix Place, Plano, TX address (currently the WHOIS address). The whitepages.com phone number for Allen Wagonburg at this address is 972/208-0371. I tried to contact him but got no answer or voice mail.

According to the Collin County Appraisal District, the property is actually owned by Guy Tucker, 2424 Creekview Drive, Plano, TX.

I'm anxious to get a resolution to this problem for everyone. I haven't ordered anything from this company (thank God) but am tired of getting phone calls from the customers who have been ripped off.

Best regards,
D. Edwards
Plano, TX

"Purchased 9 motherboards from these guys. was only sent 6 out of the 9 that I paid for. 5 out of those 6 boards were DOA. Unable to contact via Phone or e-mail. Steer clear!"

"Hey fellas! I am a fraud investigator with the Plano PD and just came across this site. I have several reports on file with this company that I am compiling. I am attempting to prove fraud and need as many victims as possible to do this, if I can. If you have been victimized, teh esaiest way is to go to www.ftc.org and file a complaint. The will send the complaints via fax to our agency and we will reate a report to be compiled. I will also check on USPS and Attorney General to see if they are takign any actions as well. "

"Thanks a million. am glad I found this site in time to cancel my order. Even if it ships(no reply from Ph6617@waaboo.com) I won't accept delivery. I will warn as many others as possible."

"THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD
O ORDERED A SONY KEYBOARD AND IT IS PIECE OF JUNK WAS FILTHY AND DOESNT EVEN WORK. ITS NOT THE MONEY ITS THE PRINCIPAL. THEY ARE CROOKS AND THERE WEBSITE IS NOT SHUT DOWN IT IS STILL UP AND RUNNING AND OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE STILL DOING BUSSINESS. HERE IS THERE WEBSITE http://www.comp-recycle.com/bindex.htm I LIKE THE IDEA THE OTHER GUY HAD ABOUT ORDERING AND NOT EXCEPTING IT. I WISH I COULD GET MY HANDS ON THIS CROOK. GOES TO SHOW THE INTERNET IS A DANGEROUS PLACE.

modified review This review was modified by EMAN123 on November 25 2003 02:58:02 PM

"pART SENT TO ME WAS NOT THE PART i ORDERED. hIS WEB SITE HAS NO EMAIL ADDRESS, NO PHONE NUMBER OR OTHER CONTACT INFO. I TRIED TO COMMUNICATE VIA HIS ONLINE ORDER FORM, BUT NO RESPONSE."

"This company is a complete and utter rip off.
They send bad parts, c.o.d. usps ONLY, then give you an rma # to have them replaced. You send them back, and never hear from them again.
I bought two athlon 1000 processors, both came DOA. after numerous emails, they gave me an rma number to return them, said they would be replaced.
Now, over a month later, no processors, no answer to numerous emails, and their email address has been shut down due to a terms and use agreement violation.
This company has 22 reports filed on them at www.ripoffreport.com
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

"As an update: there is a new Det. involved with the case I spoke with Det. Mike Halloway of the Carrollton Police Dept. (at 972-466-3290) and he said that they are going to compile everyone's statement together and give them to the Attorney General to prosecute the scammer. He said to write up a Detailed Afidavid (explaining all contacts, all info- everything)sign it and have it Notorized. Then send it to:
Carrollton Police Department
Attn: Det. Chevallier
2025 Jackson Rd.
Carrollton, TX. 75006

The new Det. on the case is Jeremy Chevallier, they said that Martin Allen Cw.... had an address in Carrollton and then Plano but they are not exactly sure where he is at the moment. I also recomend everyone file a complaint of fruad with the US Postal Service so they cab reach a high enough number of complaints to investigate this also.

Ok, to get even: have everyone you know order several things from him (make sure they are heavy like a monitor etc.) they can use their real info etc. it doesnt matter (better to use real info) when the order gets to them, they will refuse it- they can say nothing or say they found out after placing the order that the guy is a scam etc. This gets him because he has to pay the shipping out of his pocket up front and when the package is refused and no COD collected it goes back and he loses the money he spent. On my order he would have lost 16 bucks, enouh people do this he will have to shut down because he will never know which orders are real. I am even doing it myself to him right now,hehe! (you obviously cant use any of your old info to do it and will need valid email addresses, he tends not to respond to addresses like yahoo etc. but thats easily solvable.)

I just received an order today that I placed with computer recyclers and they left out the Hard drive, sent the wrong motherboard and memory + all the items are junk. which is a total loss of $73.90. when I look up his website info it says Steve Pittman and thats the name he used when contacting me, so I dont know what is going on, but I am filing complaints everywhere I can.

I selected (in the ratings it has you do to post) that he is high priced because paying 73.90 for a pile of junk is pretty high to me, lol.

modified review This review was modified by eBandit on October 23 2003 09:28:53 PM

noprob's Avatar
Mountains WV. USA.

"Ordered a Soyo motherboard online at his site.
Recieved a Dead Chaintech in turn.
Please people do Not do bussiness with this individual.
I have seen posts via Google that date back to 2001.
I used search inquiry=Comp-Recycle
Would have been good had I of done so before the transaction.

"I had ordered an ACER motherboard V72MA and was sent and unknown kind. After many hours of research I have finally been able to narrow down the motherboard ID as either a Packard Bell MB850 or a GVC FR500 (They only ship C.O.D.). Still no response to my emails from this company. If anyone can provide a valid telephone number for these crooks I will greatly appreciate it."

modified review This review was modified by Nydia on October 06 2003 09:32:29 AM

"bought a dvd rom from this place when the drive arrived the thing was busted on the inside.and had parts in it that didn't belong on the drive to start with.i am going to texas next week on business and on my list to do is stop by comp recycle and open a can of whoop ass on who ever i find there.10/11/03 HEY AFTER I WAS SCREWED BY THIS CONPANY I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE POST OFFICE AND MY LOCAL POLICE AND ALSO THE INTERNET FRAUD SITE.I ALSO CALLED THE POLICE IN TEXAS WERE THESE PEOPLE ARE FROM AND I THINK WE DID IT I THINK WE SHUT THEM DOWN THERE WEB SITE IS NO LONGER ON THE WEB!!!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by bigcountry47 on October 10 2003 11:10:41 PM

Comp-Recyclers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Comp-Recyclers is not a merchant member
Comp-Recyclers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!