"I purchased 2 power supplies which do not work. This guy is a thief. The owner's name contact info is:
Allen Wagenberg
6617 Phoenix Pl
Plano, Texas 75023
Tel: 972-208-1440
I urge all of you to call his house.

modified review This review was modified by aratheman on August 20 2004 02:05:26 PM

"I too have been ripped off by Comp-Recyclers in Plano TX; I order a power supply; they sent the wrong part and now I am unable to contact them to return the item. I lost $32.65 to these theives."

"For one, I never received an "Invoive Number."
2) The product I received was the incorrect one.
3) I shipped it back after promptly getting an RMA from them.
4) I've e-mailed them twice since June 26 when they received the returned product and I've never heard back from them.
5) I can't find a phone number for them -- that's how I got here
6) I'm currently out $38.35 for a product (computer power supply) I've never seen and no longer have a need for (who wants to wait 8 weeks to fix their computer?)???

My RMA number was 1222.

"This guy is a fraud. Normally I look at the vendor ratings but this time I was in a hurry and I ordered a power supply for my hp pavillion for $24 on 7/22/2004. I got an email next day as follows.

" Thank you for your order.
Your total with USPS COD shipping is $37.75
Please have a US Postal Money Order payable to "Comp-Recycle" ready for the Mailman when he delivers the package.
The Mailman will accept cash plus an extra $0.90 (money order fee}.
Shipping Today. Will arrive in 2-3 days.
Thanks
Steve "

I received the package by COD and paid the mailman $38.75 on 07/26. I opened the box and it is not the item I ordered instead they sent me an junk Dell power supply. I emailed this guy couple of times but no reply till now. Looked at the other reviews and now it is obvious to me that I was duped.

Beware of this site.

modified review This review was modified by HenPete on August 10 2004 12:38:49 PM

" ordered a Compaq power supply from www.comp-recycle.com. They only take C.O.D. Once I submitted my purchase,(which was $17.00) it said I would be contacted by email with the shipping and total price. The next day (Thursday July 17, 2004) I received this email from ph6617@bidzee.com

“Thank you for your order.
Your total with USPS COD shipping is $30.75
Please have a US Postal Money Order payable to "Comp-Recycle"
ready for the Mailman when he delivers the package.
The Mailman will accept cash plus an extra $0.90 (money order fee}.
Shipping Today. Will arrive in 2-3 days.
Thanks
Steve”

I responded the same day with two emails.

“Why is the shipping $13.00 For this? “

and

“Can I get a USPS tracking number, I’m not in the office on Saturday, if it happens to come in then.

Thanks”

I never received an email back. On Monday, July 19, 2004 I received the package. I wrote a check to USPS for the C.O.D. After opening the package I saw that it was not a Compaq power supply nor is it compatible with my computer. Later on that night I tested it in another computer, and found this item not to work at all.

I then tried to find a phone number for them. I did a whois and found the number that was not his number. In fact the lady said she receives numerous calls asking for this individual. I then searched for his address off of whois (which isn’t his address as well), and found forums that had stories of similar experiences with this individual. Here are some links:

This is his forum, with all bad posts

There are 89 posts, all negative

I encourage everyone to read these forums for other buyer’s experiences.

(Including: fraudulent USPS tracking numbers, broken/defective parts, incorrect parts, and never a refund or replacement even when the merchandise is returned.)

He also owns a domain called bidzee.com (his auction site)

The individual’s name is Allen Wagenberg, and is thought to be a sole proprietor, but also uses numerous other names in emails, including “Steve” in mine.

From all the posts, this has been going on since 1999 and before on both of these domains.

These sites need to be frozen/removed, and investigated for fraud. Some people have reported activities to some agencies, but I’m being very proactive in this situation. People can not continue to get swindled for another 4 to 8 years by these practices.

I am in the process of contacting the following people which might include your organization:

ICANN.ORG

Networksolutions.com

Godaddy.com (registrar)

Gnax.net (hosting company)

coastinc.com (hosting company)
tweakedhosting.com (hosting company)
USPS Postal inspection

Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC)

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

AOL (His ISP)

EBAY.COM (Sells here as well)

Plano Texas Police Department

Carollton Texas Police Department

Virginia Beach Police Department (my local police)

Federal Trade Commission (FTC)

Better Business Bureau of Plano and Carollton Texas

Any cooperation is appreciated
please email me at abuse@floodlevel.com with your complaints. Im trying to rally everyone together, because after 8 years, the police isnt doing much.

"Add me to the list of people RIPPED OFF BY THIS COMPANY.
I ordered a motherboard to fix a sound problem on my daughters laptop. Like everyone else who has posted here it arrived DOA. It was wrapped in a postal paper envelope and shoved in a box with newspaper. Nice packing for a delicate piece of electronic equipment, HUH?
DON'T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

"I submitted a web order on 6/6/2004, got a reply 6/7/2004. I received 2 used keyboards from Compu-recycle on 6/11/2004. It turns out that both keyboards are broken with stuck keys and smells of soda (must have spilt on them). I tried to get an RMA number from Steve (with email Ph6617@bidzee.com) the next day, and no replies. I cross-referenced their name on reseller ratings and got a list of complaints. These guys are buying or getting defective items and reselling them as 'working used' items. This business is a fraud.

I would like my 37.67 dollars refunded. Unfortunately, I don't think this will happen.

"I usually check this site before ordering from a new company. I was in a hurry this time and I was only ordering a power supply so I went ahead. Well, like the rest of the people who have posted here, I was ripped off by these low-life slugs. The power supply was DOA.
THIS COMPANY IS A SHAM AND YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF IF YOU ORDER FROM THEM.

FYI I did file a complaint with the FTC.

"Ordered powersupply, unit arrived DOA, Paid COD, returned untin and never heard from them again. No responce from e-mail as well. Company is a total rip off. Buyer Beware"

"Needed a replacement AC supply for my Laptop. Saw they had the cheapest prices for one, so I ordered. Adapter came 4 days later DOA. Now I see why they only ship COD. I mean how hard is it plug the AC Adapter in and see the transformer light doesn't light up. No paper work was included in the package they sent, so I have no recipt. Another reason they might like to COD items. Now I have 7 days to get a RMA, and reship with insurance to them. Really not worth it for 13+ COD charges I've already paid. Bottom line if it looks too good to be true....... Have read other reviews on this site. It seems this place does what they did to me alot. Just goes to show always read the reviews before you buy."

modified review This review was modified by yeadon563 on April 18 2004 01:42:01 AM

"A complete scam. We ordered a replacement power supply and received the wrong one and the wrong one was even DOA. He has not responded to any atempts at contace whatsover.

Stay clear of this fraudulant site.

modified review This review was modified by stillglade on April 16 2004 09:44:09 AM

"This seller is also selling under ebay alias ph6617

You will note that he specifically purchases DOA items. He also appears to be using ebay to distribute broken items.

"These crooks sent me a pile of junk as they did everyone else. This was back in 1999. I returned over 100.00 worth on non working crap they sent to me and never heard a word back from them. Numerous emails were ignored, they did not answer my many attempts to phone calls. Never got any of the stuff back or my money. I finally gave up and chalked it up as "experience". How can a company/individual do this so long without being shutdown?"

"Anyone who has been ripped off buy this guy, please contact me. I have also been ripped off.. He sent me items and almost nothing worked.

We can get this guy but need to hear from those of you who have been ripped off.

modified review This review was modified by trvman on March 19 2004 02:28:37 PM

"These folks are rip-off artists. They will get there cash up front, send you crap, then ignore you. Buyer beware."

Comp-Recyclers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Comp-Recyclers is not a merchant member
Comp-Recyclers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!