Product & services pricing Rating 9.47/10 9.47/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.78/10 7.78/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.78/10 7.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I want to say how satisfied I was with my purchase experience with Coleman Furniture. From the time I placed the order, to when it was delivered, I was kept informed of the status and could not be happier with the level of service. I will order from them again the next time I need to purchase new furniture. The customer care team was helpful and in contact with me throughout the process."

"Excellent customer service. Coleman Furniture kept in regular contact with us and emailed numerous updates about our order movement and delivery scheduling. The white glove setup delivery was very impressive. We live a little distant from any major city, and were amazed that they were able to service our area as frequently as they do. Very happy with our first order experience with them and absolutely love the new furniture!"

"I was VERY nervous ordering a large dining room table, 8 chairs and china hutch online and having it shipped all the way to California - but did it anyway because the price was so incredible and included free shipping. I had also previously viewed the same style at another store at a much higher price and knew we loved it. I ordered it and received notice the following week that the delivery company had received it and would be contacting me. I waited a few weeks because it was during the Christmas holidays. I called them and was told a piece had come in damaged and they were having a furniture repair person look at it. Now I was even more nervous! I called back the next week and received a delivery date. The men who delivered it were very good. I looked at each piece upside down and sideways trying to see what had been repaired and could not find anything wrong with it. It is beautiful and everything I wanted it to be. When we opened the glass shelves right before the delivery men left, we found that two were broken. I noted it on the invoice and left a message for the company as directed. They called back a few hours later and I received new shelves the next week. It took a total of five weeks from ordering to delivery which I thought wasn't bad considering the holidays and how far away we are. We are very happy!"

"Everything arrived as described and delivery men were very good and helpful. I was leary when I saw alot of negative reviews but I'm happy to say that everthing went well from time of ordering to delivery."

"My girlfriend and I were shopping for the perfect sofa. We are from the San Francisco Bay Area so there are a lot of places locally to purchase our sofa.

We found a place with the sofa we liked. In-store price didn't match their online price. I asked about it and the person said the online site is not accurate. That bothered me.

So I went online to search for the brand and model of the sofa we liked. We found COLEMAN FURNITURE online that had the same sofa for much less than local competitors. Not only that but they offered FREE shipping and delivery.

That's a big deal especially considering the local store was going to charge us delivery fee AND additional cost for bringing the furniture up 3 stories. COLEMAN FURNITURE said not only will they ship our sofa free of charge but also deliver it to our floor and set it up.

I have to highlight SILKA KATZ who assisted me in processing and guidance regarding their online purchase. Silka was even kind enough to correct my mistake I made when entering our shipping address.

I have not yet received the sofa since our move in date is still 2 weeks away but based on initial experience I feel confident the sofa will be perfect and the delivery team will be as professional and courteous as Silka was.

I will write a follow up review once the sofa arrives at our new apartment.

Thank you Coleman Furniture for your customer service and product. And a special thank you to Silka Katz.

"never ever I will buy from Coleman furniture , I have ordered a pepper slay bed from them and after comparison with other furniture places on Google they(Coleman) were more expensive but offered the drawers storage in their description as a feature of the bed so i paid more but to my surprise they told me that its an optional item and I told them that they list all the optional items in the feature but the storage drawers were not optional, I also told Nicole that I paid more for your bed b/c of the storage when there are other companies like home clicks sells this same bed with the trundle under the bed for $62.00 less, they still don't want to send my what I orders and refuse to credit my account the difference, and by the way they did promise 2-4 weeks and I did not get until 16 weeks later due to what they said was a broken foot board, i SENT AN E-MAIL TELLING THEM THAT THEIR ADD IS PLAINLY INDICATE A DRAWERS EXPLAINING THE DURABILITY OF THE ENGLISH DOVETAIL CONSTRUCTION AND SENT THEM A COPY OF THEIR OWN ADD AND THEY STILL OFFERED ME A RETURN WITH A 75% RESTOCKING CHARGE,DON'T BEE FOOLED LIKE I DID WITH THEIR DECEIVING WAYS OF ADVERTISING AND THEN PUTTING YOU IN A LOSS LOSS SPOT "

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-26-2014

colemanfurniture, Coleman Furniture rep has responded

“Here at Coleman Furniture - we strive to make every experience as positive as possible.

This customer ordered a bed without ordering the optional trundle. We explained this to customer - and offered a discount on ordering the optional trundle.

We never want a customer to experience any issues with their orders. However - when a question or concern arises - please reach out to our friendly customer care team - who will be happy to assist you. Please call us at 800-974-5255.”

"The worst experience I had so far buying furniture! DO NOT BUY from them. If anything goes wrong, you do not like the quality of the furniture a lot of lack returning it. It is yours forever. They do not value the customer. They care only to get your money! Stay away from COLEMAN FURNITURE!!!"

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-26-2014

colemanfurniture, Coleman Furniture rep has responded

“Our #1 goal is customer satisfaction.

Customer placed an order for a cocktail table which was shipped to them via fedex. Customer stated that there were issues - and we requested a form to be completed and emailed photos of the damage. Customer does not want to work with us with this needed information - in order to resolve the outstanding issue. When we finally received the photos - items were determined to be as pictured on our website.

Customer has option to ship back the product for a refund. Please reach out to our customer support team if you would like to send back the item.

Email us or call us at 800-974-5255.”

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PLACE!Ordered a table set and a BRset for our son from this place.Delivery co. called & said there was damage and they would have to send it back.Finally when it arrived weeks late, breakage on several of the stools and the support to hold the fold-in leaf was completely broken, so the table could not be closed, kitchen is small, so it was unusable.Problems were reported @ delivery.Steven at coleman told us that the parts would be sent to repair this. A month later, incorrect parts arrive. Many more times over the next 4 months, calls to Steven and repeatedly wrong parts sent. Every one of the dozens of calls,I got the same answer from steven...will call Ashley(manufact)and get back to you,and never did. I finally called Ashley directly, and told them of this store. They contacted their rep for that store, and immediately got back to me.Finally, with Ashleys influence,They sent a new table.Coleman had wanted to charge us $150 delivery! Absolutely not!the first one was delivered damaged, I am not paying a cent more!They conceeded.7 MONTHS of waiting!"

modified review This review was modified by klgh on December 26 2013 06:22:51 AM

"EXTREMELY HORRIBLE COMPANY. I ORDERED BEDROOM SET. THEY DELIVERED INITIALLY ON TIME BUT DRESSER WAS DEFECTIVE. SO THEY TOOK IT BACK, REPLACEMENT DRESSER CAME 1 MONTH LATER WHICH WAS ALSO DEFECTIVE. I REFUSED DELIVERY, THEY SENT THE DELIVERY PERSON BACK TO MY HOUSE AND SAID SOMEBODY WILL COME TO HOUSE AND DO THE REPAIR. NOBODY CAME, SO I CALLED , GUY NAMED STEVEN SAID THEY CANNOT FIX IT, SO THEY WILL REPLACE IT. IT'S BEEN 3 MONTHS SINCE THAN AND I HAVE CALLED 100 TIMES WITH SAME ANSWER EVERY TIME- I WILL FIND OUT FROM WAREHOUSE. HE DOES NOT CALL BACK AND HE DOES NOT RESPOND TO EMAIL.
I ASKED STEVEN MULTIPLE TIMES THAT I WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOVE HIM, HE SAID I" I AM THE BOSS". WHEN I ASKED FOR REFUND FOR GIVING ME DEFECTIVE PIECE, HE SAID I CANNOT DECIDE THAT, I HAVE TO ASK OTHER PEOPLE, WE DONT GIVE OUT MONEY LIKE THAT. ONE THING FOR SURE THEY DO GIVE OUT DEFECTIVE FURNITURE AT HIGH PRICES.

"I purchased a coffee table and 2 end tables from Coleman. After I ordered I ran into a lot of negative reviews and was nervous. As it turns out I had no issues. They answered my call and email about delivery, they followed up after, the delivery company worked with me on time and a last minute change in delivery location. Everything arrived in great shape. I ordered it on 11/09/2013 and received it on 11/21/2013, they said it would be about 3 weeks so it arrived ahead of schedule. Everything was pre-assembled and setup, brought into the living room, no boxes to deal with. All in all, would by from again. And love the Nassau tables!"

"Horrible service! Ordered a leather chair that took a couple of weeks longer than promised, then the chair arrived and had a horrible smell. 3 months later and this horrible company is STILL giving me the runaround about compensating for the smell to get the chair cleaned!"

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-26-2013

colemanfurniture, Coleman Furniture rep has responded

“This customer was notified of her slight delay. We had heard about her "issue" well after is was delivered and signed for clean. In order to accommodate, we offered compensation which was turned down by the customer. We are currently waiting for her to accept the compensation if she chooses to do so.”

"I took the chance and ordered the Academy Dining Table from Coleman Furniture... even though there were some mixed reviews about this company. I placed the order on 10/28/13 and received the first email on 11/5/13, which said my order has now been shipped from the manufacturer and is currently en route to their delivery company and depending on where it was going, the process can take anywhere from 1 day to 1 week. I waited patiently and gave them 7 business days before calling them to follow up on my order, since I did not get the next email to tell me that it is being prepared for shipment. Turns out that the manufacturer did not end up shipping out my table until yesterday, 11/13/13! So I asked the representative at Coleman why I received that confirmation email and was even charged for it. And shouldn't they have some sort of protocol in place to follow up on these orders that they should be receiving from the manufacturer, if they don't receive it by a certain date? Of course she didn't know how to respond to that and said she doesn't know why the manufacturer didn't ship it out until yesterday. Then she offered to track this order for me personally to make sure it gets to the next stage. Shouldn't they already have someone tracking these orders daily? I just hope there is nothing wrong with the dining table because there were many bad reviews about that process with Coleman. I will update this rating and review if all goes smooth with the delivery.

*** UPDATE: I finally got my table delivered just in time for Thanksgiving and GUESS WHAT... the table was chipped!!! I had to refuse delivery and am now without a dining table again. Customer service at Coleman is saying that they reserve the right to repair the table to factory standards. But I did not pay for a repaired damaged table. When I asked for a full 100% refund since I did not accept the delivery... she said that I may get charged a 25% restocking fee. I then told her to penalize the shipping company, Select Express for the 25% restocking fee since they are the ones who probably chipped the table if they are all claiming that they do an inspection of the merchandise once they receive it and when they ship it out.

IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BUY ANY FURNITURE FROM COLEMAN, PLEASE THINK TWICE. There have been several reviews from unhappy customers who have purchased damagaed furniture from Coleman. It is not worth all the trouble or headache!

"The furniture that arrived looked even better than it did in the photos online. I was nervous about buying an entire living room set online, but my nerves definitely went away when my beautiful set arrived. Thank you!"

"Got my furniture this Friday. I'm happy with the furniture as well as with the delivery company. Planning to order again and hoping that their service will stay same. :)It did take longer than four weeks (as promised) but because the furniture arrived in excellent condition i will not make fuss about the waiting."

"This is the worst after delivery customer support I have ever received...and I am NOT exaggerating. It has been over one month since I received my furniture. One arm chair had a defective leg and I was told by the delivery company that a replacement leg would be sent out. The other issue is that the dining room table that I spent over $3000 on has a large scratch. Neither issue has yet to be resolved and the worst part is that I call and am placed on hold for 30 minutes or I write emails and no one ever responds. I do not recommend any purchases from this establishment...totally disappointed in the lack of service and quality of the furniture I received."

Coleman Furniture is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Coleman Furniture is a merchant member
Coleman Furniture participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,880 merchant members.