Product & services pricing Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.93/10 3.93/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.93/10 3.93/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

""Cheaper Then Dirt" should be avoided!!! They show no respect to their customers!
The price gouge at every opportunity! At the moment AR15 magazines are in high demand, almost impossible to find or buy!
So what does "Cheaper then Dirt" do, the jack up their prices by over 100%!!! A C-Mag drum that normally retails for $300 is now $600.00!!! A Colt 30 round mag is $100.00..!!!!
This is how they treat their customers!!! Boycott these sleazeballs!!!!

"In checking my receipt after returning home I discovered that, CTD double scanned a gun bag at 59+ dollars+tax, in Dallas store, I drove 150 miles to store 1 way. Called to get the double billed gun bag back off credit card and talked to manager and they said only thing I could do was drive the 300 mile round trip and rescan my credit card to do reversal. They were iron clad unresponsive. So anyone else who has this issue who, and paid with a credit card can call their card customer service and dispute the charge and that will work around these DAs. I will never waste my time at their stores or online again. They made the error at checkout and expected me to drive 300 miles round trip to correct their error of a total $64.88 including tax. It would cost me more gas/mileage than the overcharge. "

modified review This review was modified by rmassingill on December 29 2012 08:26:31 PM

"Purchased a gift card, ammo, and magazines on Dec 3. Still have not received any of my order. Emailed them, and they say that it shipped, but gave no tracking number. I asked for the tracking number, and they say USPS doesn't provide one. Seeing as I ordred ammo, (which can't be shipped USPS) I emailed them back, and they stated that the ammo, and magizines were never in stock. The kicker is that my bank account was drafted for the ENTIRE order!!! I still have not received the gift card that they clamed shipped. Going to file a complaint with the BBB, as they are no longer responding to my reqest for a refund. Crazy concept to pay $250 for NOTHING."

"I've been a loyal customer with Cheaper Than Dirt for many years. In less than a year I have spent almost $1,800 with their company. That will be the last that I ever spend with them!!!!!!!! I find it sickining that they jack their prices like this! I guess when they say reorganizing, they mean jacking there prices. No new laws have been passed! WOW, wrong move CTD!!!!! I hope that I can find a company that does not practice the same policies as CTD. If anyone knows of one, please reply back. I would like to do buisness with them!"

"Well after this recent crisis, cheaper than dirt raised there pmag's from $12.95 to $60.00 within a few minutes. What's even worse, after they sold out, they changed there price back to $12.95. Talk about complete and utter greed mongers. I hope they enjoyed the extra profit they made because I and many others out there will never forget what they have done. So sad but true. Will never buy anything from these people!"

"Horrible business, way over priced and did i mention they are cowards?"

"I have purchased many thing from CTD and all have gone well. I have ordered through the website and also made purchases by phone. Their site isn't always the cheapest... that's why we shop-around.

They were courteous and helpful. The items arrived quickly and in excellent condition.

"ordered two items on wednesday after 5pm items arrived on friday at 2 pm items exactly as described and what i wanted shipping was a little high but overall transaction was good will definitely buy from again"

"Worst customer service I have ever seen. I purchased 308 ammo from them last week. They sent me 308 MAR ammo which is smaller than 308 Winchester. I called Cheaper Than Dirt and they told me too bad so sad. That is $250.00 worth of ammo that they refuse to exchange. I cannot believe a company can stay in business with this kind of customer service. I will never buy from them again!"

"Ordered 4 boxes of ammo. The rounds were tarnished in one box so I contacted Federal and found out the 9mm ammo was 11 years old. The box of .45 ammo had been tampered with and rounds were dented like someone tried to chamber some. One even had a deep scrape so no way I would shoot that. CTD rep told me "call Federal and they will replace the ammo." When I noted that they would not, the supervisor Latosha basically told me to go butt a stump. Federal said the .45 ammo was from a run for a law enforcement agency, which makes me think CTD buys old lots of ammo and sells it. For example when a department has a change in service weapons. BUYER BEWARE "

"Prices are good but they do not stand behind their sales - instead of returning bad ammo sold by them for replacement with new, non-defective ammo with the customer picking up any difference in cost, they instructed me to take it up with the manufacturer."

"I had a very positive experience with CTD. From the comments you would think this site takes your money and runs. Not only did CTD beat any prices online, the items I ordered are very high quality for such a low price. I made an order for a GunTec USA quad rail and GunTec USA rear sight. I ordered about 10pm Central 9/24/12 and received the items at 3pm on 9/26/12. CTD sent an invoice, tracking number, and later a conformation saying it was delivered. Will order from again."

"The fat Guy that always wears camo is an ass and will not help you if you are a women or if you look young and will try to rip you off on selling your firearms, I will never trade with again as long as they have scum like that working for them."

"I placed an online order for 15 boxes of ammunition with Cheaper Than Dirt on their website at www.cheaperthandirt.com for a total cost of $330.92. A short while later, I received an email confirming my order. The money was deducted from my bank account. Then I received an email stating the ammunition was out of stock and that I will be receiving a refund. I checked online and www.cheaperthandirt.com still had the ammunition in stock, but at a much higher price. I called and spoke to a customer service representative who stated the ammunition is available, but at the current ($552.75) price. When asked about the order I placed at the lower price, she stated that lot was sold out and the website just hadn't updated. She also stated the ammunition was still available, but at the higher price (a price difference of $221.83).

It's sad when a large company like this has to pull this kind of crap. Cheaper Than Dirt, the only thing cheaper than dirt here is your ethics.

"Cheaper than Dirt does not deserve your business. It's better to pay a dollar or two more and get reasonable service than use these DIRT bags that can't even send a package to the correct address.

I had to change the credit card I had used in the past. The billing address was different than the other card but the shipping address was the same. These idiots decided to use the billing address for the "ship to" address and sent the package about a thousand miles away from where I am. Now I'm the one that's supposed to be responsible for their screw up. Well screw them.

Buyer beware!

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member
Cheaper Than Dirt does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!