Cheaper Than Dirt Reviews - page 3 - cheaperthandirt.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.67/10 92 reviews

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member
Cheaper Than Dirt does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I ordered three (3) cases of ammo Product number AMM-723 from them and when I got it and was sorting it out the cases were filthy and there were several UNLOADED bass casings mixed in with the loaded stuff. ONLY THE CASES are from Lake City arsenal. The headstamp is a mix of LC 03 and LC 05 military brass with the NATO marking. WARNING! This stuff is reloaded by Bubba in his garage! One of the rounds was loaded with an orange tracer bullet. It is all mixed bag reloaded crap, yet they say it comes directly from the Lake City Arsenal. THEY LIE !!!!!"

"I ordered a Mossberg 500 from them on Monday and my FFL was calling me on Thursday saying that it was ready to be picked up. I've ordered a lot from Cheaper Than Dirt and they always have shipped very quickly and have been nice any time I've called. They shipping can be a little high when you are buying small items though."

"CTD could care less about their customers. I was given two different stories about my order within 4 minutes and never got my stuff. It seems as though the people operating the phones insulate the managers as a customer is not allowed to speak to anyone with half a brain.

Suggestion: Stay away from CTD.

"I ordered a Traditions Vortek Ultra Light CeraKote/Black .50 Caliber Muzzleloader With Scope/Rings and Bases. The item description states, "include a Cabela’s 3-10x40 Powderhorn muzzleloader scope with trajectory-compensating reticle, rings and bases."

Specifications and Features:
Available: CeraKote/Black
Hand-removable Accelerator breech plug
Drop-out trigger
Includes a 3-10x40 Powderhorn scope

Of course I received the muzzleloader without he Cabela's 3-10x40 muzzleloader scope, rings or bases. Customer Service stated that they would not honor the item description and supply the scope, rings, or bases.

"I'm a NJ resident. I had ordered rifle ammo successfully from CTD several times. Last time I ordered I received an email from them stating that I must supply copies of my DL & FID. when I asked why they first told me that NJ law had changed. When I challenged that statement they referred me to a previously existing statute on requirements for purchase of "hand gun" ammo. When I pointed out thanh order was for "rifle" ammo, they actually said that since some rifle ammo "could" be used in certain hand guns, they were requiring all NJ residents to supply DL & FID. Needless to say, I told them to eat sh##. I placed the same order with "Ammunition To Go" and it shipped the same day, no questions asked. CDT has officially sold out to the man and slapped NJ gun owners in the face. Probably won't be long before they refuse to sell high cap mags and hollow points. Looks like "Cheaper Than Dirt" has gone "Left On Americans"."

"Ordered a single item (quad rail). Fairly priced and received in timely fashion. That is when everything broke down with CTD. Realized I had ordered wrong size so called to get RMA which I did, and asked for Return Label to be emailed as there was not a label in the box. Several days later, no email. I checked inbox, junk, etc. I called again. They said it had been emailed. I asked for a label to be snail mailed to me. My address was confirmed but a week later, no label. I called a third time, and gave a second email address. Still no label several days later. On 26th, I emailed customer service with all this info and still have not heard back. I will persist until I get a response and will do all to let appropriate agencies and customers know about this complete failure of customer service."

Rating 4/102/5

"I just got my 1st box of a order I placed. It had the shotgun scabbard and a Shark, Euro Pro steam mop that I didn't order.
I guess it was cheaper than dirt, since I didn't order it and they don't sell the steam mop...but wait is it some kind of new weapon I don't know about ? I hope the rest of the order shows up...maybe with the parts for the mop.

Rating 4/102/5

"does not ship to california. (chanced since) but too late! found a cheaper vendor w/o the hassle. "

"I ordered some 32 cal ammo online, 5 minutes after ordering realized it was not compatible with my new 32 TomCat and tried to call them, no answer, then emailed them return receipt and delivery. A customer service rep immediately shot back and stated it was already shipped (On Sunday, yea right!). I tried to work it out with them, no luck. I contacted AmExpress and they only were able to get $33 out from a $56 order refunded. DO NOT SHOP THERE!!!!! Go to www.luckygunner.com as an alternative."

"I ordered a KABAR Pestilence Chopper Knife from the website on 02/14/12. The listing had a description and picture of the knife at a great price of $19.58. I received the shipped item on 02/2012 and opened the box to find a ridiculous metal sign. I pulled up the invoice and it showed I ordered a knife but when I checked the item they changed their website to show the sign. I called CTD and they refused to honor the price and send me the knife. I spoke with Jan and then her supervisor. They said they had a mistake on their website and corrected it but they didn't bother to call the customer and instead shipped me this ridiculous sign. I'm getting a refund but they should be obligated to honor their advertised item and price. Bait and switch and no concern for the customer."

"I bought a Kel Tek P11 on wed. and it was at my FFL Friday afternoon. That was great shipping and they only charged %10.95 to ship the gun. Plus it only cost $221.00 and that was the very cheapest I could find anywhere. When I called I will admit I was not treated with the respect I expected but oh well. I think I bothered them on their lunch or something. Oh well... best gun price and very fast shipping.. A+A+A+"

"CTD is awesome. A lot of the time they ship within the hour of the order. I have done a lot ( over 50 transactions) with them over the years. I trust this company and they are Texas based. Never a problem with returning merchandise if needed, with a quick turn around. Their customer service has always been top notch for me. "

Rating 8/104/5

"I have bought from here before. They are good not great in my opinion. They have just about anything you could ever want, so that is a plus. Their prices are again, good not great. I have only made one purchase from them and it was ammo. They were the only ones who i could find had the ammo i wanted in stock (Hornady .380 critical defense ammo). Shipping was fast, you just have to make sure you order from the right warehouse, they have 4 of them and your shipping price will be different from each. There are better places to buy from, but if someone asked of they are good to buy from I would say yes."

"Buyer Beware! They have guns listed on their website that can be bought and paid for, but they are not in stock and will never ship! I waited 2 weeks for a tracking number then finally contacted them and they said that they were out of stock and would refund my credit card. I asked to wait for them to be in stock, but they would not let me and forced the refund. Had I not contacted them I never would have known they were out of stock and they never would have given me a refund. They sucker you in with cheap prices, but back it up with crappy, fraudulent service.

This is not an online firearms company that can be trusted. I would not be surprised if they sold firearms to terrorists. How the ATF allows a shady company like Cheaper Than Dirt to sell firearms in asinine.

""Do Not Buy From This company" They advertise very low prices on items they do not have in stock. When they finally get the item you've been waiting on the other items you wanted are either not in stock or the price has increased. "They ship from multiple warehouses and charge double shipping rates for one order. They claim that their customers are okay with it. These locations are not theirs, but the manufacture, drop shipping the item for them. I have watched items increase in price when they come available comparable to bait & switch tactics. Companies like this pray on folks wanting a "GOOD DEAL" who are blinded by smart marketing tactics. "