Stores > Cello Mobile International

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.58/10 9.58/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.72/10 8.72/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10

What is this?

"Have used Cello Mobile a number of times for Germany and Italy. Couldn't be happier with the whole experience starting with the telephone contacts to returning the phones after the trips. There has never been a problem with the quality of the phones or their ease of use."

"The phone came on time, worked perfectly well and I was pleasantly surprised how strong the battery was and we only charged it once for a short time during the entire trip (better than my iphone).  This is definitely the way to go ... no unlocking or sim cards to deal with.  We will use Cellomobile any time traveling outside the US.  I have already recommend your company to our friends and family.
Jeffrey G.

"I rented a mobile hotspot and phone for use in Spain, France and Italy. I went through as many providers as I could find to see who I could rent from and chose Cello because their data is truly unlimited (other providers said it was but when I looked at fine print and user reviews they were cutting off data if usage was "excessive" or just slowing you down so much that you could not use the data.) So for $10 a day for the mobile hotspot I went off to Europe with the phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 which served as phone and hotspot). They even gave me an extended range external battery and a Eurpean-correct charging plug so I did not need a voltage converter or plug adaptor for use in Europe. The service was great, albeit a little slow - fine for emails and using GPS on the phone, but the service was not good for transferring or receiving large files or videos. I am not sure if that was due to the cell service in the areas where I was traveling (secondary and small cities) or if that is just the way a phone can work with its bandwidth availability). I did call twice to get some help and the service rep was knowledgeable and answered my questions fully. I also emailed once and got my answer via phone a few hours later. Overall I was very happy with the experience. Oh yes- one other thing - I was able to pay them a few dollars more (forget how much) and I could then use the phone for unlimited free calling to the USA and give people in the USA a local (USA) phone number that would ring me in Europe. That call back to me was expensive ($.50 per minute) but it was convenient for everyone and I just called people back with my free calling capability. This was much easier than bringing a hotspot with me and trying to buy SIM cards in every country I was visiting. If you want a simple, good service with excellent support use these guys."

"This is the 2nd time I chose to travel Europe & use cello mobile. As always they were reliable & helpful, answering any questions I had (by email) promptly. The way you order and billing is extremely straight forward which is always a plus. Also, it was such a relief having the ability to call our family when we got engaged without having to worry about getting slammed by the hotel phone fees! Thank you so much for giving us that opportunity & those memories. I will always travel with a cello mobile phone. "

"I have used Cello Mobile several times and have been extremely happy with their service. Their prices are very inexpensive and their staff is very efficient and friendly. Anytime I'm overseas, I'll use Cello Mobile."

"I rented a smart phone when I traveled to Europe with an unlimited talk, text and data plan. Cellomobile delivered exactly as promised. the phone was a brand new Galaxy phone, I had the piece of mind to talk, text and browse without counting the minutes... and their customer service reps were very nice and helpfull too, i would recommend their unlimited plan to anybody traveling abroad. well done!!! "

"Havent tried it yet but just watch out for 50 Euro charge on your credit card that that don't tell you about in advance.
They refund the unused credit when you mail back the sim card but it's still a surprise.
Here's a follow up to the above review. I'm sure I would have upgraded my review when I got back from Europe but, because I didn't leave them 5 stars, Pia and Robin dropped me like a hot potato and canceled me like a bad check after calling me a liar for not reading the fine print. Guess I'll be using my MOBAL phone in Europe instead. Whew!
Here's a follow up to my follow up. I'm glad they yanked my order! I found HolidayPhone sim cards about the same price and they don't charge $10 shipping and they don't pre-charge my credit card. Put that in your cell phone Robin and Pia!

Rep reply posted Aug-06-2015

travelpro, Cello Mobile Internationa rep has responded

“We sell over 200 products, and all our billing terms and conditions are outlined online in large, easy to read format. We are not in business to fool or trick anybody. Every product has different ways of how we bill that product, and in your case (Germany prepaid SIM card) it was a "prepaid" product (we offer both prepaid and postpaid products) and we require an initial fee as a prepaid amount to be added into your account, and we give a full refund for the unused credit if you send it back.

In your case, we decided to cancel your order before it shipped out when you sent us numerous emails with false claims, which we feel is incorrect, and we chose not to do business with you. This is our decision, and you have the choice to seek another company to do business with.

We wish all the best, and we hope that you will find another SIM card that provides at least incoming calls free in Germany and you pay only $0.06/min. to call the USA/Canada like you would have had with our prepaid SIM card.

Customer Support Supervisor”

"Cello Mobile was wonderful to deal with. I called them with a complex itinerary for more than ten countries, they worked out exactly what equipment I would need and the best, lowest-cost way to provide it. The equipment showed up, worked reliably, and was easy to return. I am impressed."

"Couldn't be happier with the service I've received so far. Won't be using my device until September but my experience with the ordering process was wonderful. My agent, Faigy, was knowledgeable and very helpful to me in making my choice and reservation. I can only expect this good service will continue when using my MiFi device on vacation"

"Used International phone for first time. Called support for instructions for dialing. The support staff was patient in explaining how to dial in each country I was to visit. upon arrival phone worked first time and every time. Would use again!"

"Travelled to Italy for 10 days and the mi-fi we rented worked great! The group we travelled with initially went under the assumption that free Wi-Fi was available everywhere. Luckily they were able to use the extra slots we had available. The only exception I had with the product is that the battery life faded as the trip progressed. The battery, spare battery & the extended battery would fade well before the day ended near the end of the trip. Otherwise I would definitely use them again."

Rep reply posted Jul-29-2015

travelpro, Cello Mobile Internationa rep has responded

“Hi Steven,

I'm glad to hear that your group took advantage of the wireless hotspot (people still have the assumption that Wifi is readily available, but it's still not available everywhere).

Wireless hotspot devices have worse battery life than phones because of it being connected to the cellular tower and the devices that connect to it, however we now offer 4G LTE devices which are more battery friendly, and stay ON longer. I invite you to take advantage of that next time you travel, and don't forget to mention that you are a returning customer for a special discount :-)

Customer Support Supervisor”

"After reviewing all the terrible options for temporary international coverage offered by AT&T, I opted to rent cellular Wifi routers from Cello for a 5-day trip to Canada, and I could not be happier with the results. Devices arrived promptly, worked exactly as advertised, and were accompanied by very clear instructions as well as supplemental internal and external battery packs. My traveling companion opted for a temporary cellular data package from AT&T, but was never able to get any acceptable data service. Anywhere. Including Toronto. Meanwhile, I ran a 50-mile trail race in the woods of Blue Mountains with a Cello Mifi in my backpack, and was able to send and receive texts, email, and photos the entire time. I will absolutely rent from Cello again when I travel outside the US."

"Worked great all over Germany and Switzerland. After getting my final bill and seeing no additional charges for calls and data I am a real happy customer!! I will definitely use your company again in January when I travel to Italy."

"Easy to use and great on line service!"

"Great customer Service --- answered all my questions/inquiries in a timely and thorough fashion"

Share Cello Mobile International's store rating

Cello Mobile International is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cello Mobile International is a merchant member
Cello Mobile International participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,682 merchant members.