Stores > Cardpool

Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.22/10 2.22/10

2016-03-19

Great Way to Save Some Money

"I've bought several Express gift cards from cardpool and they've always contained the amount stated. I've been able to save quite a lot, usually they are 23-25% off. With Express sales and coupons I've been able to get around $325 sticker prices worth of clothes for less than $100."

This review was modified by Zatek on March 19 2016 01:08:29 PM

2016-03-19

Huge Scam

"I reached out to Cardpool to sell a gift card I no longer wanted. It was a Costco gift card given to me by my employer. The gift card was worth $625 and Cardpool offered me $550.04 for the gift card. I agreed to sell them the gift card and gave them my address and cell phone number. They emailed me a shipping label and suggested that I just send it via USPS first class mail. They informed me that as soon as they received the card they would email me and process it within one business day. Three days later I received an email staring that my card had been received and processed and they would be issuing me a check the next business day. I received a call from Cardpool saying they needed to verify my identity before sending out the check. I told them ny name, date of birth, and how I came to be in possession of the gift card. The woman on the phone told me that my order would be processed. On Feburary 25, I got an email claiming that my check had been sent and that I should except it to arrive in 3-7 business days. I waited and on the 8th business day I emailed the company (given that they provide no phone number) and requested information on the whereabouts of my check or a specific arrival date. They could provide me with neither. All they said in their response email was that sometimes there are delays and I should email back if I didn't receive the check three weeks from when they first claimed to send it. They also said that if in three weeks time if I still hadn't received the check, they would issue me a new one. At this point, I decided to look up reviews for this company online, something I should have done before ever placing an order. I came to find dozens of people explaining a situation identical to my own. They claimed they waited the three weeks and when they emailed the company back, they company simply said "our records show that the check was cashed" but no one ever received their check. I eventually found a phone number online that claimed to be the Cardpool help desk, but when I call someone answers the phone, but doesn't say anything. Most of the reviews online are negative, but then there are positive reviews claiming Cardpool issued them a check and all was well. These are obviously fake reviews used to trick people into doing business with this fraudulent company. This company is obviously large and profiting off people if they are able to go through so many steps to trick people into sending them money. This business needs to be stopped. They are conning hundreds of people out of their money. "

This review was modified by Kt2896 on March 19 2016 01:05:10 PM

2016-03-03

Terrible service

"Did not deliver. Their verification system did not work (said it was unavailable). I tried again later and it told me I had already verified or had declined to verify and someone would be in touch (Yuck). A couple days later I got an email asking to call customer support - I did that and was then verified. I then tried to order two cards. Both orders were cancelled due to "Risk Assessment". I contacted support to ask what that meant - they told me me they could not disclose that to me, but i was welcome to "Try to resubmit the orders at a later date" . No thanks - My credit rating is A+ and there are a lot of companies happy to accept my money. I dont need to deal with these bozos"

This review was modified by billNY on March 03 2016 12:57:21 PM

2016-02-24

I WISH THEY WERE FASTER!

"Be careful! If you order a gift card to order something from a place having a 1 day sale, you might not get it for a day or so and miss the sale. It does state that they send it to you within 24 hours, but I wish they could deliver it within 1 hour. I missed countless 24 hour flash sales because I did not receive the card info until the next day."

This review was modified by AvalancheGary on February 24 2016 12:23:07 PM

2016-02-24

Love the savings!

"I've made 5 purchases from cardpool in the last week. The first two were a bit slow do to their security systems. The first order requires them to call you and ask verification questions, and the 2nd purchase has you do an extra verification online. I totally understand them needing to be safe on their end. The following purchases went much more quickly. So far I've just purchased codes, not physical cards. Very happy with my savings."

This review was modified by hlbtimes2 on February 24 2016 10:27:17 AM

2016-02-23

Slow eGift card delivery!

"Sadly, unlike the other merchants for giftcards out there (Raise, ABC, GiftCardZen, etc.) these guys are WAY behind the times. They don't make timely eGiftCard deliveries and cause huge inconvenience to their customers. Not to mention that their support is slow and lacking. They really need to get with the program or lose people's business. Everyone else can do it - not hard to see why you have such low ratings guys."

2016-02-22

Heed the Warnings!!

"I'm not sure how these people are in business..... When you place an order with this company, they cancel the order. When you ask why they cancelled it, you get this answer: "Thank you for following up with us. Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to accept the order at this time. Your credit card has not been charged for the order. Unfortunately due to the nature of our business, we do not currently disclose the parameters of our risk assessment. We truly apologize for any inconvenience to you."

I'm pretty sure that them not being able to 'accept' the order, is that they were attempting to sell something they didn't have.

Needless to say... I'm keeping a close eye on my card to make sure the charge doesn't get processed.....

Buyer beware! YIKES!

This review was modified by SwaggerWagon77 on February 22 2016 12:04:08 PM

2016-02-22

verification email for $80

"Waited to get my GC for 4 days and got verification email, have no clue what they need to verify for $80. It goes in voice mail whenever you call them, no response of voice messages. STAY AWAY. It's nothing but waste of time."

This review was modified by Hssnz on February 22 2016 09:48:57 AM

2016-02-15

Cancel your oder without giving legit reason

"Extremely irresponsible seller. They cancel your order without telling you any precise reasons. I contacted the customer service and was told the decision was made by their "risk assessment team" based on a black box scheme, which they have no idea on and no control over it. My friend had an even worse experience with them. They contacted to verify ID after the order was placed and told my friend that they would send the card one day after. Two days later, the same email containing order cancellation message, of course, decision made by this mysterious risk assessment team, arrived. Avoid this company if you can. "

2016-02-15

Still waiting...

"I ordered a total of eight cards from two different orders. I still haven't received them. First you have to call to verify your address. I called four different times until I was actually able to reach a person to speak to. Then I didn't receive what I paid for. Good luck. There is absolutely no person you can ever talk to if there is a problem. There is email support that doesn't answer your questions or complaints. I frequently use Raise and ABC cards with no difficulty at all. In fact, I placed those orders days after this order and I received them immediately while I am still waiting for my order to be filled from Cardpool. NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE!!!!!"

This review was modified by stephanies621833 on February 15 2016 02:09:07 PM

2016-01-27

AVOID AT ALL COSTS THEY ARE SCAMMERS

"I, wanting to trust this company regardless of the reviews got screwed. Like the person below me they accepted my card but after a week of being processed (when turn around time was supposed to be a day) they said they could not accept my order and no further explanation could be provided. I tell them to ship my cards back to me, they give me a invalid tracking number. Email them again asking where is the valid one, they state it has been processed according to usps (it does not show up that way on their website, they have no record of the transaction, nor is it a real number). They then proceed to tell me I must wait 30 days to get my card back. Are you kidding me? A woman named Vanessa Ware. Seems like their senior partner's name is amanda feldman. So Amanda could you adress this issue?

Thanks

This review was modified by Kylemagon on January 27 2016 11:54:59 AM

2016-01-22

What A Joke

"I tried to buy several cards from them and risk management cancelled my transaction. Tried to call them to find out why and you can not call them..I emailed them and got we dont know why risk management does what they do....I have excellent credit and pay all bills monthly........."

This review was modified by deloKer on January 22 2016 04:21:06 PM

2016-01-22

SLOW, delivery and no way to contact them.

"For an E-card with delivery within 24 hours I've been waiting for close to 36 hours with no response from Cardpool yet. Website "verification" didn't work causing further delay, causing me to have to wait 12 hours for a cryptic call from customer service asking the strangest questions. Discount on gift cards was mediocre, and speed of delivery was awful.
I would highly recommend CardCash instead. CardCash delivered my E-card within 5 minutes of completing checkout and the discount was 3% better.

2016-01-19

This is a SCAM. Confirmed and I'll tell you my story.

"I've placed an order on their website for American Eagle Outfitters giftcard. They placed a pending charge on my AMEX credit card and, like all other gift card exchanges, called to confirm the order, but I don't want to pick up the phone. Because I later did some research and doubt the this particular GC exchange website. However, I am concerned they will abuse my credit card info.

They finally dropped the order at 1/18/2016. And in the morning of 1/19/2016, right after I wake up, there's an Under Armour gift card pending charge on my AMEX credit card. MY CONCERN CAME TRUE! So I called Under Armour to cancel the order, called AMEX to replace the card. And I know for sure this is how they operate.

Use your credit card to buy GC, sell it at discount to John Doe while obtaining John Doe's credit card info, use it to buy GC, sell it to Bill Smith, etc....

So...here's my story, and my guess of theirs. Why can I figure this out? Because I work in lending business too, and am quite alert to any fraud.

This review was modified by Victim2016 on January 19 2016 12:09:55 PM

2016-01-15

What a fraudulent website!!!

"I had to be one of the idiots that had to learn the hard way with this stupid website Cardpool! First off they took my money off my $50 Best Buy gift card and lied and said there was $30 on it. So I just gave up and agreed to their fee for the $30. So then they tell me 4 weeks ago that my check will be received in 3-7 business days. 4 weeks later I have nothing and email Cardpool support and tell me my check may have got lost in the mail(WTF!). SO they say that they will send another. NOW I get an email saying that the check was already cashed. I never received a check so therefore couldn't cash a check I don't have! Plain and simple this website is an ABSOLUTE SCAM and stay far away from it!"

This review was modified by rwelb on January 15 2016 09:12:54 PM

Share Cardpool's store rating

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,517 merchant members.