• Address: 268 Bush St. #3744, San Francisco, CA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.18/10 3.18/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.61/10 3.61/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.75/10 1.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10

"Horrible customer service. I have made two purchase with them. The first one went well. The second one will end up costing me more money than I saved. I tried to do a bulk purchase with Best Buy. Found out to late that you can only use 5 gift cards to purchase at bestbuy.com. Had to use electronic cards to purchase real gift cards. Now over a week later I am still waiting for my cards and have missed the TV sales that I was trying to take advantage of. Finally found a number to call at Cardpool and the lady who acted like I woke her up ask me how I got this number. Really??? that is what you are concerned with. "

"I bought 8 different gift cards of various values in order to save on a large purchase at Home Depot on a washer and dryer. The codes were emailed to me within 12 hours, and I was able to save about $120 on my LG washer and dryer set! No problem at all. Thanks Cardpool! "

"I mailed in 3 apple store gift cards totaling $325 two weeks and a day ago and no response. I emailed Cardpool yesterday as there is no customer service phone number to call and I got an email that says it takes 24 hours to respond, however, due to the holidays it may be longer. This was a month and a week after Christmas. I went to the website today and invalid url came up. I am really hoping this is not a scam by so far it is feeling like one. The worst part is that i went out and bought skies assuming the money would be here in a week and nothing so I am now stuck with a high credit card balance until this is worked out (if it ever is). I am very disappointed and would not recommend this service. I would be open to changing this review if the customer service team comes through and rectifies the situation "

"I’m here to counter all the negative reviews, and NO, I don’t work for cardpool or am associated with them in any way.

I use many card resellers and cardpool, along with one other, is my favorite for a variety of reasons. Good discounts, GOOD, FRIENDLY, POLITE, PROMPT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Yep, via email, but absolutely great.

Look at the negative reviews. In every case, I see a customer who is being outrageously unrealistic and demanding. I’m half-way through the review and I think, “Jeez. What a douche.” Let’s go over the parameters and limitations of using a gift card reseller.

1. About 20% of the gift cards you buy are fraudulent. Someone uses a stolen credit card number (i.e., hacked from Target, sold openly online at sites that sell criminals stolen numbers; grafted onto a credit card) and buys a gift card. They then sell it to a reseller. The reseller sells it to you. It takes a while, but eventually the company whose gift card you bought gets stiffed by Visa or Mastercard and, identifying the gift card as having been a fraudulent purchase, zeroes out the card.

In the two years I’ve been buying gift cards, I’ve had 3 that were fraudulent. Both companies, cardpool and the other one I like, IMMEDIATELY refunded my money. I merely emailed cardpool with the information, they responded the next day, and my money was back in the bank within 3 days. IT’S THE COST OF DOING THIS KIND OF BUSINESS, so get real. You are saving quite a bit of money, and people stuck with gift cards they don’t want have a wonderful place to offload them without the hassle of ebay or Craigslist.

It is YOUR responsibility to use up the card during the guarantee period. It is YOUR responsibility to write the “expiration date,” if you will, on a calendar, so you know when the guarantee ends. Almost all the resellers are 60 days…but Cardpool is the only one I know of that is 100 days (for plastic cards. E-cards, which I’ve also bought, are less).

2. You are not going to get your e-card or plastic card in a hurry. Cardpool takes a little longer than others to get theirs to you by mail…but they tend to have better discounts on the cards I like. If you are buying an e-card or plastic gift card to purchase something that’s on sale RIGHT NOW, good luck. You need to be realistic and give yourself a MONTH’S leeway (you read that right: a MONTH)—from the moment you purchase the card to the moment you receive it. 99.999% of the time, the card arrives within a week (or the emailed e-card # in a FEW DAYS), but stuff happens, mail gets waylaid. And remember, 20% of the time, the cards are fraudulent.

So, you buy the card, you keep it in reserve for “the great sale.” But you must use it within the guarantee period.

Bearing these minor hardships in mind, as far as I’m concerned, it’s completely worth it for the money I’ve saved. I almost never make a purchase anymore—drugstore, department store—unless I’ve got a discounted gift card.

Framed as above, Cardpool is one of the very best.

Now, to those who have sold your card to Cardpool (or any other place). I’ve never sold a gift card to any reseller. But if I ever do, you can be sure I’ll spring 80 cents (or more, if the price goes up) for a TRACKING NUMBER. Duh! Unless you can PROVE your card was received, you are out of luck. In fact, I’d pay a few more pennies to get a signature, too! And if they paid you with an Amazon gift card, and you had trouble with that gift card…did you contact them (via email)? WHAT DID THEY SAY about your Amazon gift card? Unless you complete the story of your complaint, you have no valid complaint.

Again, I have no relationship with the company other than as customer. They’ve always done right by me and don’t deserve the mean-spirited reviews.

"Great service!!! I mailed in my gift card with the prepaid postage but realized 2 days later I forgot to place my packing slip in the envelope. I emailed customer service explaining the dilemma and within a few hours received a response letting me know they could still look up my transaction even though it was not their norm.

I too got worried after all the negative reviews but after 1 week checking the status I received an email that they found my gift card and it is was being processed. 3 days later I got the check in the mail. Thanks cardpool!

"Great service and very fast. I've placed a couple orders with CardPool.com and have not had any problems. eGift cards were emailed out within a couple hours. Physical cards arrived within a week or so.

The one time I made a mistake with my order, they fixed it up very quickly as well.

I highly recommend them to anyone I know.

I don't have experience with Selling cards to them, just with Buying cards from them.

"I sold them a $150 card, next day received an email stating they decided not to buy it, the card now has an $8 balance and I have nothing.

Total scam, stay away!

"I sent a 50 dollar gift card with the understanding I would recieve a check for $42.50 only to recieve an email stating my gift card had a zero balence on it. This is a very dishonest practice."

"I just start shopping at cardpool. I love the site. I bought many of gas cards to give them out for christmas gift. I will continue to shop at this site. I buy card at sicount price and free shipping. There are not many sites that always offer free shipping."

"They sent me the Nike e-codes. I needed those e-codes for immediate purchase at nike.com. But the e-codes were invalid at the time of my purchase at nike.com. Contacted NIKE customer service and they confirmed that the e-codes were invalid. Then I asked Cardpool for help. They didn't respond right away. I also called them but it was an answering machine. I didn't want to miss the NIKE sale event, so I paid the purchase by my credit card instead. They responded a day after and it was too late. I asked them for refund because I had no use of the e-codes anymore. They refused to do that. They are the worst gift card company with the worst/slowest customer service. Will never purchase from them again. If you want to buy gift cards, buy them from other online gift card companies!!!!"

"Cardpool was a complete waste of my time. I am not sure if my credit card is going to have issues. I placed two separate orders and hours later I received emails that the orders were being refunded. No particular reason why. Not likely to use this again."

"I give it one star because I can't give it any less. I purchased my gift cards from it, and they asked for a verification, then I hand it over to my husband who is the cardholder. My husband give them several phone calls, no one replies. Later on, they replied to my email and saying we can call them now. We are at work, this brings us a lot of inconvenient. Then I said cancel the electronic gift card parts, the staff there cancelled all of my purchase. A totally waste of time.
A reminder, if you don't have trouble purchasing, it works good. If there's some unexpected trouble, don't count on them working out for you! Stay away from this company. Horrible experience.

"I am very happy with Cardpool. I had a Safeway gift card that I was unable to use where I live, because there are no Safeway's. I didn't know what I was going to do with it... until I discovered Cardpool.com! I was very satisfied with their services, and I'm looking forward to purchasing gift cards from them in the future so that I can also save money! "

"Terrible company. I tried to sell some cards to them, but after I had an offer and email confirmation from their website and mailed the cards to them, their "risk assessment" team decided they couldn't buy the perfectly legitimate cards. Someone named Mark emailed me and said they were canceling the order and would not comment on why, even when pressed.

This is a terrible company. They have no qualms about screwing their customers and then don't even have the courtesy to offer an explanation. There are plenty of other gift card trading sites out there. Go to any of them instead of here.

"the worst online shopping experience I've ever had. apparently they are under-staffed so they do not provide a customer service number. i purchased an ecard which should delivered to me within 24 hours but it's been over 24 hours and i still receive nothing. i sent several emails to the customer service and no one respond. horrible company. never order from them again. stay away!!!!"

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,856 merchant members.