Stores > Cardpool

Customer service: Rating 1.34/10 1.34/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
2017-01-06

no response

"sent them email five times, but still no response in 10 days. "

This review was modified by mulangren on January 19 2017 04:27:51 PM

2017-01-06

false advertising

"I was offered $5 off a gift card at Cardpool through someone's blog. After purchasing a $10 Starbucks card for only $5, they sent me an email stating this: "Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to process your order at this time." This is a message I have never been given in my life. I have a feeling it's simply because they don't want to honor the $5 off deal. No good."

This review was modified by EmeraldLillies on January 19 2017 04:28:02 PM

2017-01-05

Update 1/5/17

"I posted a review earlier about not receiving payment from Cardpool from the gift cards I sold on 12/27/16.

I just checked my email at 8:06pm and there was an email from Cardpool with Amazon E-Gift card. It appears that Cardpool may have been overwhelmed with transactions occurring over the past week which I why it took so long to receive payment.

Cardpool should at least stay on top of communicating issues with its customers instead of leaving us in the dark about what is going on. If they would have emailed me back saying it could take a extra few days, that I would understand.

This review was modified by Travism718 on January 19 2017 04:28:11 PM

2017-01-04

No Service, Canned Support, Scam

"I sold two orders to Cardpool o Dec. 13th. On Dec. 14th, I mailed them my gift cards in an envelope with a pre-paid label. Shortly thereafter, I was paid for the first smaller order via e-mail with an Amazon e-gift card. I still have not been paid for my second order which was in the exact same envelope. It took them almost 2 weeks to get back to me with canned responses. They delete all comments and complaints on Facebook and then block you if you complain. I am still waiting for resolution. Their latest canned response was that they never received my order, which is untrue as I was paid for half of it when they received it. So somebody at their place of business has my gift cards and I have not received total payment."

This review was modified by geekness on January 19 2017 04:28:23 PM

2017-01-03

Absolute Scam! Avoid at All Costs

"They don't pay when you sell them your gift cards, and they delete anyone and everyone who posts on their facebook page requesting an update. Their email and phone contacts are unresponsive. When I screenshotted my facebook post that was deleted, they blocked me from their page. I was able to see several other people in the exact same boat respectfully posting and then having their posts deleted. I can only assume they were blocked as well.

Do not do business with this company. They will take your gift card and then leave you high and dry!

This review was modified by Dhunt89 on January 19 2017 04:28:42 PM

2017-01-01

mailed gift cards...still no payment

"I accepted an offer for my unwanted gift card and mailed it to them with their printed shipping label 2 weeks ago....the order status says they haven't received it yet and they are not responding to my emails. I can't find a phone number to contact them. So apparently they just get you to mail them your gift cards and then break all contact with you.
I don't understand how they are still in business, with their gift cards all stolen from people. Stay far away from this scam of a business!

..Will update if I ever do hear back from them.

Update: after three weeks, they never actually responded to any of my emails, but after I sent one asking for my gift card back, later that day I got an email with my amazon payment

This review was modified by woodchuck1255 on January 19 2017 04:28:51 PM

2016-12-31

Cardpool is the Best

"I sold my first gift card Friday night. I received my Amazon egift card Saturday morning; Amazing turnaround time!!! I received communication via emails throughout the entire process. They also showed the status of my transaction online too. Excellent job Cardpool !!!"

This review was modified by Destiny313 on December 31 2016 05:45:04 PM

2016-12-21

BEST SCAM ON THE INTERNET!!!!!

"Sent me an e-card with ZERO balance and won't respond. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE OR PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT ANYONE!! All you get are auto-generated emails. STAY AWAY FROM CARD POOL!!!!"

This review was modified by jel40041 on January 07 2017 08:59:45 AM

2016-12-20

DONT TRUST THIS COMPANY

"I bought two gift cards on Sunday got an email to confirm. Tried to email them no replies had to google there phone number no answer goes right to a voicemail. Went on my cardpool account and saw my purchase was pending review. I called my debit card company and cancelled the card so the purchase wont be with drawn. Also send them an email saying to cancel the purchase I will never recommend them to any one."

This review was modified by chris3481512001 on January 19 2017 04:29:12 PM

2016-12-15

I was unsure but it worked out!

"So I bought a JCPenney gift card today for a pretty good deal $30.81 for $22.50 (that was with their current promo running code) So that was great now 30 minutes later I was wondering where the electronic gift card was and they sent a email wanting me to confirm the order and my link didn't work so I went to google and typed in CardPool order verification phone number and saw a number (415) 419-8787 and this is where is all turned around. Guy that answered was very professional he said he just had a few questions to verify my identity, odd question but ones that I would only know so that was reassuring. I do appreciate the level of security they obviously offer but I do think it may be to much especially for those used to other discount card websites. After the phone call he said he would put my order to processing and that I would receive my gift card within 24 hours about 3 hours later I received my gift card and was able to make the purchase I wanted from JCP for a steal! Overall I would use them again. That phone number though was probably a big factor in my transaction going smoothly. Hope it and this review can help you out! Thanks"

2016-11-16

Would never do business here-

"I used to buy from Cardpool but lately they seem a little shady. Be advised that electronic gift cards are not refundable. It is hard to disputes with your credit card company so there is not much protection and they do not have a number to contact them. "

This review was modified by boduong on January 19 2017 04:29:59 PM

2016-11-11

Bad Card No Refund

"Received a card that was invalid, returned it per instructions, and now they claim they never received it. I'm out $40 plus dollars and will be initiating a chargeback on my credit card. Never again. They make you pay for the return, and I didn't pay extra for tracking which apparently I should have because they state they do not take responsibility for lost items. I have no way to prove that they have received it. Also, no one should have to pay for a company's mistake. A return post paid envelope should have been provided."

This review was modified by dajfamily on January 19 2017 04:30:27 PM

2016-09-20

Very Happy

"Surprised by all the bad reviews. I've been buying card from them for about 18 months. Mostly restaurants but also Home Depot and Lowes. I've bought about $1,800 worth of cards. Last week I had my first problem with an Applebees card. I emailed Cardpool and they credited the amount back to my credit card the very next day."

2016-09-14

Horrible experience!

"I purchased a Red Lobster gift card from cardpool.com and received the e-mail with the gift card later in the day. I decided to verify the balance of the gift card on Red Lobster only to find out that it was zero and the card was not valid. This is the first time ordering an online gift card and I did so reluctantly. I am so glad I checked before going to Red Lobster and looking like a fool trying to use an invalid gift card. I sent an e-mail to the support department and still haven't heard back from them so I disputed the charge with my credit card company. NOT IMPRESSED!"

This review was modified by margeh on January 19 2017 04:30:49 PM

2016-09-12

Don't Expect Customer Support for Problem Cards

"I have been purchasing discounted gift cards from Cardpool for several,years. Until this year(2016), I never had a problem This year, I have encountered problems twice. In March, I purchased a card for my daughters birthday. When she tried to use it, it had no money on it. After several messages to their support email (I couldn't find a phone number that worked), I finally got a refund. So I tried buying more cards. In August, I purchased a Red Lobster card that did not work. After three emails to Cardpool's support email over three weeks with no response, I hired a website to try to get my money back. They finally succeeded. The bottom line is: Don't count on quality customer service from Cardpool if you experience a problem with the cards you purchase."

This review was modified by ljm111449 on January 19 2017 04:30:58 PM

Share Cardpool's store rating

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,442 merchant members.