Stores > Cardpool

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.13/10 2.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

2016-02-15

Cancel your oder without giving legit reason

"Extremely irresponsible seller. They cancel your order without telling you any precise reasons. I contacted the customer service and was told the decision was made by their "risk assessment team" based on a black box scheme, which they have no idea on and no control over it. My friend had an even worse experience with them. They contacted to verify ID after the order was placed and told my friend that they would send the card one day after. Two days later, the same email containing order cancellation message, of course, decision made by this mysterious risk assessment team, arrived. Avoid this company if you can. "

2016-02-15

Still waiting...

"I ordered a total of eight cards from two different orders. I still haven't received them. First you have to call to verify your address. I called four different times until I was actually able to reach a person to speak to. Then I didn't receive what I paid for. Good luck. There is absolutely no person you can ever talk to if there is a problem. There is email support that doesn't answer your questions or complaints. I frequently use Raise and ABC cards with no difficulty at all. In fact, I placed those orders days after this order and I received them immediately while I am still waiting for my order to be filled from Cardpool. NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE!!!!!"

This review was modified by stephanies621833 on February 15 2016 02:09:07 PM

2016-01-27

AVOID AT ALL COSTS THEY ARE SCAMMERS

"I, wanting to trust this company regardless of the reviews got screwed. Like the person below me they accepted my card but after a week of being processed (when turn around time was supposed to be a day) they said they could not accept my order and no further explanation could be provided. I tell them to ship my cards back to me, they give me a invalid tracking number. Email them again asking where is the valid one, they state it has been processed according to usps (it does not show up that way on their website, they have no record of the transaction, nor is it a real number). They then proceed to tell me I must wait 30 days to get my card back. Are you kidding me? A woman named Vanessa Ware. Seems like their senior partner's name is amanda feldman. So Amanda could you adress this issue?

Thanks

This review was modified by Kylemagon on January 27 2016 11:54:59 AM

2016-01-22

What A Joke

"I tried to buy several cards from them and risk management cancelled my transaction. Tried to call them to find out why and you can not call them..I emailed them and got we dont know why risk management does what they do....I have excellent credit and pay all bills monthly........."

This review was modified by deloKer on January 22 2016 04:21:06 PM

2016-01-22

SLOW, delivery and no way to contact them.

"For an E-card with delivery within 24 hours I've been waiting for close to 36 hours with no response from Cardpool yet. Website "verification" didn't work causing further delay, causing me to have to wait 12 hours for a cryptic call from customer service asking the strangest questions. Discount on gift cards was mediocre, and speed of delivery was awful.
I would highly recommend CardCash instead. CardCash delivered my E-card within 5 minutes of completing checkout and the discount was 3% better.

2016-01-19

This is a SCAM. Confirmed and I'll tell you my story.

"I've placed an order on their website for American Eagle Outfitters giftcard. They placed a pending charge on my AMEX credit card and, like all other gift card exchanges, called to confirm the order, but I don't want to pick up the phone. Because I later did some research and doubt the this particular GC exchange website. However, I am concerned they will abuse my credit card info.

They finally dropped the order at 1/18/2016. And in the morning of 1/19/2016, right after I wake up, there's an Under Armour gift card pending charge on my AMEX credit card. MY CONCERN CAME TRUE! So I called Under Armour to cancel the order, called AMEX to replace the card. And I know for sure this is how they operate.

Use your credit card to buy GC, sell it at discount to John Doe while obtaining John Doe's credit card info, use it to buy GC, sell it to Bill Smith, etc....

So...here's my story, and my guess of theirs. Why can I figure this out? Because I work in lending business too, and am quite alert to any fraud.

This review was modified by Victim2016 on January 19 2016 12:09:55 PM

2016-01-15

What a fraudulent website!!!

"I had to be one of the idiots that had to learn the hard way with this stupid website Cardpool! First off they took my money off my $50 Best Buy gift card and lied and said there was $30 on it. So I just gave up and agreed to their fee for the $30. So then they tell me 4 weeks ago that my check will be received in 3-7 business days. 4 weeks later I have nothing and email Cardpool support and tell me my check may have got lost in the mail(WTF!). SO they say that they will send another. NOW I get an email saying that the check was already cashed. I never received a check so therefore couldn't cash a check I don't have! Plain and simple this website is an ABSOLUTE SCAM and stay far away from it!"

This review was modified by rwelb on January 15 2016 09:12:54 PM

2016-01-06

"After reading other reviews, I was very nervous about using this service. I was anxious about mailing my gift card with no guarantee I would get it or my money back. I tracked my envelope and followed the process and everything worked out. Phew! The reason I am giving 4 stars and not 5 is that Cardpool gave me quotes on two gift cards and then wouldn't buy the 2nd one. I wasn't surprised because the 2nd one had an expiration date, but Cardpool did not ask or disclose this exception at the beginning of the process, which is one of the reasons I decided to use them. Cardpool was VERY good about communicating with me via email. Right away, I asked them not to send me both cards back. I asked them to buy the 1st card and mail back the unusable card. They did. I got my check a couple of days ago and all is well. I don't usually write reviews (maybe that's obvious from this one), but I wanted to reassure anyone else out there that Cardpool worked for me as advertised (minus the expiration date glitch)."

This review was modified by rbunny on January 06 2016 03:29:04 PM

2016-01-06

"I give 1 star only because it is the lowest I can. I sold a 300 homedepot store credit to them after waiting their 30 day policy to receive my check they said they would reissue another check sorry for the delay. They used or resold my card on the 12th. I know this because I got the transaction history and it shows that the used it. Even with the proof in hand they will not respond to emails ,delete my question,comments on Facebook..No real phone number to call some shady voicemail picks up right away..this is their recurring process as I found 100s of similar comments,reviews, stating their same shady work happened to them. Not trustworthy at all definitely a scam site they will take your money and never respond to you "

This review was modified by Christopher-D on January 06 2016 03:09:13 PM

2016-01-05

"I purchased an electronic gift card from Cardpool. The following day we went to dinner with family and friends. I was informed by the manager that the gift card was purchased two weeks prior and had already been redeemed. I paid $81.50 to Cardpool, but clearly, had to pay the full $100 to the restaurant. Cardpool has agreed to a refund. It has been 5 days and still waiting for that to happen. I have purchased physical gift cards in the past with no issue. I would not purchase another electronic gift card due to hassle, embarrassment and no cost savings."

2015-12-30

"Exchanged a Sears gift card through cardpool.com (electronically sent and received) and got an Amazon.com gift card to use within 24 hours as promised. I was anxious at first because the ratings on here are so poor but some of the reputable review sites had it as the #1 site so I took a chance and am very glad I did."

2015-12-29

"Cardpool is legit. I sold them my store giftcard, for the most value of any site, sent them the orignial giftcard in the mail, and received an amazon gift card credit in return that week. Not sure why other reviewers had an issue, but cardpool worked very well for me."

2015-12-22

"Attempted to purchase $120 in AMC gift cards. The transaction went through just fine. Awaiting the delivery of my e-gift cards, I received an email stating the following: "Our risk assessment team has determined we are unable to process your order at this time. We have canceled your order." I sent a follow up email asking for clarification and was told they do not disclose risk assessment criteria. I suspect they were selling gift cards they found to be invalid, but can't be certain. Will not be doing business with this shady company going forward. "

2015-12-19

"It has been over a day and counting since I ordered my electronic gift cards with no update on when I will receive them. Every other site that I order electronic codes from has delivered them within minutes. This site is completely useless, would not recommend it."

This review was modified by Redblur on December 19 2015 08:59:20 AM

2015-12-16

"I've now twice attempted to give this site my business. They simply refuse to accept it. The first time, about a month and a half ago, I attempted to place an order for e-gift cards. The order went "through," except it didn't. I got an email saying that further verification was required and yada-yada. I tried playing along because I understand the dangers of identity theft, etc. The problem is that Cardpool doesn't use any methods that actually work to do further verification. This ends up in orders being placed on indefinite hold regardless of what information you provide. Furthermore, they have no customer service that is reachable. If you call them you get a voice recording saying how important you are to them and then you are forced to leave a message...which also doesn't get returned in a timely fashion. But, given my desire to get a discount on a computer at Staples I (foolishly) tried ordering again from them today. I got an order confirmation email saying that my e-gift cards would be sent by email usually within 24 hrs, but that it might take an extra day beyond that. Who buys e-gift cards when they don't need to use them IMMEDIATELY? I called. Nothing but the voicemail. I emailed. It was about an hour before I got a generic and unhelpful response. In short, Cardpool simply isn't ready to operate an ecommerce site yet. Buyer beware. (And see my Raise review for an alternative.)"

Share Cardpool's store rating

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,592 merchant members.