• Address: 1000 Sawgrass Corporate Parkway Suite 452 Sunrise, FL
    • Contact: sales@capitolsupply.com
    • Phone: 954-485-5000
    • Customer Support: 888-485-5001
    • Business Hours: 8am - 6pm (EST) Mon-Fri

"So far very dissatisfied. Placed order on 5/7/12. Money was taken out of my account. Have been waiting ever since. I called the following week to check status since the tracking never updates on the site. I was transferred 3 times before I was put in touch with a service rep ( Paula) who could not seem to find out what was going on. She said "oh those people are terrible, they never get back to us". She told me to call back the next day. I called back and was told that they would have an answer next week, call back then. I called back the next week during business hours and went to voicemail twice. I then emailed and recieved notification that my email would be forwarded to customer service. I then recieved an email from Paula stating that the item was due to ship 5/27/12. I was skeptical of this since that was Memorial day, highly unlikely that anything would ship. Still have not recieved. I have emailed Panasonic directly to see if they have this item in stock for immediate shipping. If they do, I will cancel my order with Capitol Supply and purchase from them directly. I also expect IMMEDIATE refund of my money as Capitol Supply has been collecting interest on it for nearly a month. VERY DISSATISFIED!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Rjglazer on May 31 2012 08:02:49 PM

"This company is responsive and helpful. The first shipment arrived damaged, but without asking any questions, the representative sent us a return label and sent a 2nd item through a different shipping company. The 2nd shipment arrived unscathed. Very happy with this company."

"Great prices. Frequent e-mail communication updating status. Very good process."

Spokane Valley, WA

"Submitted an order on 2/29/12 after contacting Capitol Supply to make sure the item was in stock. (they told me it was)

After two weeks of waiting I called to see the status and was told they are not in stock. Was told it would be in by the end of the week. I was told this 4 times.

I was finally told they would be in no later than 4/29. They surpisingly did not arrive. When I called in to question this I was told I would be contacted. I was contacted the next day and told they did not know when the product would arrive so they were going to cancel my order. (without even asking if I wanted to.)

Needless to say I went with another company.

My product will arrive tomorrow, no more waiting for months.

I recommend avoiding this company.

modified review Rep reply posted May-03-2012

Capitol Supply, Capitol Supply rep has responded

“I sincerely apologize for the issue that you had when attempting to purchase this product. As you noted in one of the conversations you had with our customer service team, this item is backordered everywhere, not just with us. It is our policy to inform our customers when an item is on backorder and give them the option of waiting for the item, providing that we have an ETA date from our distributor. If we do not have an ETA date, then we cancel the order automatically.

In looking at the notes of your account, it seems that we reached out to you six times throughout this process to keep you abreast of the item's stock status. Each time we reached out, you agreed to continue to keep the order open and wait for the item. I'm a little lost as to why, after being well informed about the situation and making the decision to continue, are you are giving us such a poor review. We believe that good customer communication is paramount to good customer service and that was extremely evident here. Every time we received an update, we passed that update along to you. It is unfortunate that this item never came into stock and, truth be told, it may never come into stock. Just because a manufacturer says they're releasing a product on a certain date, doesn't make it so, as illustrated by this instance. This particular product has been awaiting delivery from the factory since February.

Again, I apologize that we couldn't meet your needs and we hope to serve you better in the future.”

"This was my first order with Capitol Supply, but it will probably not be my last. Their online ordering process was very easy and quick, and they shipped the order quickly as well. Overall, it was an excellent online ordering experience and the quality product I bought arrived quickly and as described. I am very happy."

"Terrible company.

FYI, clearly this company utilizes an arbitrage business model that carries no inventory. Every item says "may be in stock, call to confirm". They locate the inventory in a few days and process your order. Interestingly they charge you immediately, hold your money a few days, then let you know if it's in stock or not. Nothing like making some interest off OUR money.

The issue: ordered two cases of tape for $53 and they sent me 2 ROLLS instead. Then tried to tell me on the phone it's my fault and it is $25.xx for one roll of tape. Are you out of your mind? $25.xx for a roll of tape? For a case it would have been a decent price, but not a roll! Online site says "case quantity 24" and when I ordered the sales person confirmed this. Supposedly getting a refund, but more than a week later still nothing. Looks like I'm gonna have to contact my credit card company. What a nightmare. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-20-2012

“Sir,

Let me start by apologizing for the unfortunate experience you had with Capitol Supply. It is certainly our goal to ensure that every single one of our customers has a positive experience with our company, but as it seems, that was not the case in this instance and for that we are truly sorry.

You are correct that we do not carry any inventory. Like many exclusively online-based retailers, we ship products directly from our distributors to your doorstep. Doing so allows us to keep our costs down and pass on that savings to our customers. We have used this model successfully for the last 28 years, both with our consumer customers and our federal government customers and, on a whole, it works extremely well.

You are incorrect however regarding the how we track in-stock inventory. We have relationships with many different vendors and, unfortunately, not all of those vendors have operations that are sophisticated enough to provide us with 'real-time' inventory. The majority do, and when we have that information, we display the actual inventory count at that very moment on our product pages. For vendors who cannot provide us with that real-time information, but generally have the majority of their items in stock, we present the 'Most likely. Email us to verify.' link. We do this because, in an effort to better serve our customers, we don't want to assume that the item is in stock until we actually check it. When you click that link and send us a request, we manually contact our vendor and verify that the item is, in fact, in stock and ready to ship. This process can take up to 24 business ours.

Once that item is verified in-stock, we contact the customer and ship the item. In your case , the issue was not that the item wasn't in stock or did not ship, but that the wrong item was shipped. We are attempting to rectify that issue and understand why you were not immediately credited, which you should have been. That's not something that normally should have been delayed and it's something we're investigating.

Again, I do apologize for the experience that you had with Capitol Supply and hope that we may be able to win your business back in the future.

Sincerely,

Jon Levine
Director of Marketing
Capitol Supply”

"It took Capitol Supply 7 MONTHS to refund my 35.67 purchase which I cancelled before it was shipped."

"Prompt shipping and adequate supply of item ordered."

"Very disappointed in the communication process. I ordered 1 wall cabinet and 1 pantry. Email confirmation was sent that both items shipped with a tracking number the next morning. Unfortunately only 1 item shipped and I found out after I called, that the pantry was discontinued. Now I have to return the wall cabinet because I purchased as a set. You need to change the automated emails that send incorrect messages."

"I was very pleased with my experience ordering from Capitol Supply. I received numerous emails informing me of the status from order all the way to delivery. The product was shipped quickly and arrived sooner than anticipated. I definitely recommend Capitol Supply to any potential buyers!"

"I received the sink within the timeframe stated. I was disappointed to see the sink was not wrapped with any packing materials whatsoever. The sink was simply placed in a cardboard box and sent as is. The mounting clips were not included in the box. There was no soundproof material around the outside of the sink. According to American Standard these clips are supposed to be included and their specs state it has soundproofing material around it. The fabricator who is installing my new countertops lifted the sink and noticed how thin the stainless steel felt. If it is 18 guage as it does not feel like it. The rim is very thin compared to other 18 guage sinks I have seen. Now, we are wondering if this is a true American Standard sink. I'm sorry to say but I am quite disappointed."

"Good company to deal with. respond to call and advise right."

"Website easy to use. Customer service was of great assistance."

"They overcharged my order by $198 and DO NOT RETURN MY EMAILS."

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-21-2012

“Sir,

I sincerely apologize for the issue you have experienced. It is certainly our goal to ensure that all of our customers are fully satisfied and have a good experience with Capitol Supply. It seems that was not the case in this instance.

In looking at your order, I see that you ordered five (5) units of a single item. When the order was sent for fulfillment, it was learned that only two (2) of the items were in stock and three (3) were on backorder. With the aim of good customer service, we immediately shipped out the two that we had. It was our failing for not notifying you immediately of this deficiency. We should have reached out to you at that point to inform you of the situation, but we did not. For that, I am sorry.

One of our customer service team members reached out to you today and we will be happy to rectify the matter in any way you see fit. If you would like to wait on the remaining items, they are on order and will ship immediately once they are back in stock. If you would like to return the items that you have received and for us to cancel the entire order and issue a full refund, we can accomodate you there as well. You can also keep the two items you have received and we can cancel the remaining three, refunding you the difference. It is completely up to you.

Again, we apologize for this failure to properly communicate with you and we will see to it that this issue doesn't happen again in the future.

Sincerely,

Jon Levine
Director of Marketing
Capitol Supply”

"Web site easy to work with and setup account. Order came in on time and in good condition."

Capitol Supply is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Capitol Supply is a merchant member
Capitol Supply participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,858 merchant members.