• Cabela's

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.41/10 1.41/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.36/10 1.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.04/10 1.04/10

"purchase one new minn kota trolling motor for my Kodiak boat. I shopped around on the Internet and solicited numerous amount of vendors. Out of all the vendors no one could beat the price from cabela,s they offer extended warranty for an additional two years that no one else offers. Their sales personnel were excellent and answering all my questions and needs. And plus I received additional promotions and rebates."

"Searched the web for a 42" gun case and found the one I wanted on Cabela's. They even had it on sale showing stock onhand. I placed my order (had to set up an account and provide credit card information). The next day I get an automated email saying that they cancelled my order with no explaination. I contacted them and they said the item was discontinued and basically 'tough luck'. The did not provide an explaination as to why it showed in stock. They did not attempt to provide any type of alternatives or help in any way ... just 'we cancelled your order and you can go away now' type attitude. Regardless of what they show in stock, do not trust their website and don't count on any type of customer service out of this company."

"I'm done with Cabela's. I ordered a Nils auger. on 1/10/12...it was printed on the website that is was on sale and backorderable..so I bought it on line..2 days later I did get a call and they told me that it would being shipped from the factory..Wow..Great!!....that was on the 12th. Then I decided to check with them on the order..it was posted in my order history that the order was still in being processed...???...So I called them on the 16th..guess what no auger..they cannot get one...what bull and bad service...I'm done with them..I had the same problem last year on the same item....but last year I had to wait a month for one...gee the fishing season would of been over....Happy 50th Cabela's...I'm a new Gander Mountain family member!!"

"my shopping experience with Cabela's was absolutely terrible and their customer service has been the worst i've ever received from a retailer.

to begin, when i ordered, the transaction timed out and i was unable to log back into their website that evening to see if there was evidence of completion. the next morning i found it had completed, twice! their customer service rep told me he would cancel the order, but if they were unable to catch it at the warehouse i would have to pay to ship it back! thank goodness they did catch it, however...

the charges from this doubled order overdrew my bank account. customer service told me first they couldn't do anything, call my CC company. my bank explained that Cabela's needed to send them a vendor release form in order to remedy the situation. I called customer service and i had to flat out demand that they send the form after the rep suggested i wait for the authorization to expire! leaving my debit card unusable due to a negative available balance and thankfully i couldn't be charged overdraft fees! on top of that without a vendor release form the vendor can resubmit their claim within 6 months and the bank will honor it.

now weeks later i find that one of the products i ordered, XL socks for my husband, are of such terrible quality that they are just disintegrating at the heels after being worn only twice! well, their guarantee promises a refund in these circumstances, but the return policy requires the customer to pay for shipping the return. i emailed customer service to ask "do you really need me to send back 12 pairs of holey socks that my husband has been wearing so you can throw them away or can i send you pictures of the damage and throw them away myself?"

and of course they do. the rep even recommended that i insure the package (for my protection). effing seriously?!? insure holey socks? god forbid something should happen to them and they get ripped...again?

lets hope they can at least get refunding my money right, because they'll never get another chance.

"This company sucks. My identiy was stolen and someone used it at Cabela's now they continue to call me about late payments. I have done everything possible to stop this including filling out the forms they sent me for identiy fraud. They told me they will continue to call me until it's resolved. "

"Their costomer service sucks,ask you to call back over and over.They're killing the S.I.R. mail order name.I will not be buying anything from them again and recomend others to shop elseware"

"Screwed by Cablea's... again. Years ago I shopped at Cabela's and was thoroughly disappointed with their service. I vowed never to shop there again, too many other great stores to choose from. But, with time I've mellowed and thought I'd give them another chance. So I spent some time online to do some Christmas shopping. They offer FREE shipping if you buy over $99 worth of items, my total came to $109. But, when I went to check out they had sneaked in an EXTRA $15 for S&H. NOTE TO CABELA'S: If you offer FREE shipping over a certain dollar amount, just make it FREE, no gimmicks, no loopholes. Don't make customers say 'pretty please', 'mother may I' and jump through hoops to actually get it. Wise up. Signed one more BASS PRO CUSTOMER!"

"I bought a nikon scope that was suppose to be a new item but it seemed like the item was open and closed one million times ,cabelas is not the best place to shop from and it is the most expensive"

"CABELAS FREE ONLINE SHIPPING OFFER...A LIE!!
I shopped for days trying to decide WHO I would order a $350.00 smoker from..online..I decided on Cabelas because their price was about average but they offerred 'FREE SHIPPING". Once I ordered the smoker and get to the online checkout, enter the WGIFTS code which deducts the shipping...I get to the final total and there is STILL shipping on my order..I called customer service and complain...they tell me that I still have shipping because my product was slighty larger. I reminded her...your website said FREE SHIPPING..she said well..you have to read the details (fine print) that appears on another page if you click...so beware shoppers...FREE SHIPPING FROM CABELAS does not necessarily mean..free shipping ..so happy holidays to you to Cabelas..Im not happy about your deceptive come-on to get me to buy from you! :(

"I had first written an awful review about Cabela's because as it stood at the time, I ordered a product, it wasn't very good quality and didn't work like it should, so I sent it back. I was told that I was going to have to pay to ship it back, while I had already paid for shipping here. I just checked my account and as it turns out, they have refunded me everything, and didn't make me pay to ship it to them. I went from someone who would never shop there after my awful experience to someone who is likely to due to them refunding everything. It was still a pain in the butt and a little bothersom during the time thinking that I had paid for two routes of shipping and wasn't going to get anything."

"I have had so many terrible experiences with Cabela's, both in-store and online, that I have vowed never to buy from them again at once a year for the past 5 years. Unfortunately, I am from Nebraska and my parents live just miles away from one of their largest stores. Every time a birthday/holiday rolls around it seems as though someone has picked out something I can only manage to find at Cabela's and I find myself revoking on my vow. If it is an in-store venture you can absolutely count on the worst service imaginable. I think the staff is pleasant but Cabela's, as a company, does not seem to value customer service. The stores are routinely understaffed. The next issue comes with their promotions and rewards programs. Read the fine print carefully. Like many other stores they exclude most of their popular products and will not allow a promotion and a rewards coupon to be combined. For example, if you use a rewards coupon on a purchase, it will no longer be eligible for their free shipping promotion even if you surpass the minimum dollar requirement."

"I can say nothing BAD about Cabelas... I spent every bit of 5K a year there and Have been nothing but satisfied with their products and employees. From the cabelas named brand to "whodat". I've bought online and from in store. Online purchases are easy and with great service. I've had things lost when it was shipped through postal and when I called them, they had another that was being shipped within 10 mins of being on the phone... It was no arguing or bickering. Wrong size boots to a tear in clothing (of course bad quality) NO hassle just a exchange. I enjoy thier service and 10X the company with more selection than BassPro!"

"Wow I can't believe how many bad reviews for these guys - it must be people that are mad come here to post reviews. With how many transactions they do every day, not te mention in a year a company this size is bound to have unhappy customers, their fault or not. Cabelas is great, I've bought from them for years and will continue to do so."

"I bought a handfull of items in the Bargin Cave on a trip out that way. Sing on the entrance stated certain % discounts with tags marked with a certain color. Once I got home a few hour drive away I opened my new gear and realized they never took the discount at the reqister. I had a friend in the area take pictures of the sign which clearly states that discounts will be taken at the register. After a handfull of emails with Cabela's and sending them pictures, they said oh yea that discount is new and was not the same when you purcahsed your product. Really? each month you change the signs and add verbage to say discoutns to be taken at register?? I did get a $10 online discount but requires me to purchase something. I would have rather had the $40 that I was suppose to have discounted. Never plan to go back since the drive is over two hours. I suppose a couple hundred dollar purchase does not mean much to them."

"Trash Company with a butt-load of not caring about the minority percentage, like me, that gets screwed around with losing 2 out of 3 orders that was placed 5 weeks ago. I placed 3 different orders of fishing line 15 days apart from each other AND ONLY RECEIVED 1 ORDER out of the 3. Customer Service claims "IT MUST HAVE GOTTEN LOST". 2 out of 3 orders lost? How does that happen? USE BASS PRO SHOPS! A MUCH, much MORE PROFESSIONAL, RELIABLE, and they take care of "ALL" their customers, not just some of them."

Share Cabela's's store rating

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!