Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"I am still attempting to get a Smith and Wesson BodyGuard 380 from Cabela's, Glendale Arizona which was advertised in their April store flyer and online.
My first complaint is that when I went to the store they said that they had no stock and had not had stock of the gun for over 5 months. The "CLERK" would not check other stores or offer a rain check.Said Smith and Wesson was behind on filling orders. I went to Customer service and was told the same thing. No rain checks, no special orders. They had sent me a Cabela's money off coupon, and S&W was advertising 12 months no interest when using the Cabel's card.

I was so hot by the time I got home, I went to the Smith and Wesson site... They offer the GUN for 399.99 suggested RETAIL... Cabela's SUGGESTED RETAIL WAS 499.99.... Talk about deceptive advertising and poor service! Well that was back on APRIL 3 2011. Phoned the customer service line, sent emails, and have even chatted on line asking whats the deal......
I was told that they had stock at other stores, by email and I have turned this over to the Attorney general...
Guess what... They are running the same Gun on sale with no stock, again ... What an operation!

California

"I have placed a couple orders through Cabelas and have always been happy. Their prices aren't the best, but they had what I needed. Shipped fast and received my order without any hitches."

"as an ex-employee of the one of the call centers, I feel bad that you've had such a bad experience with (what used to be) "us". I will give you a little background as to what happened this past fall, and I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus, just stating facts.

In April(?) of 2010 Cabela's was starting to switch the customer file history and order taking software from an efficient DOS-based program to a "new and improved" web-based software from Oracle. Throughout the summer, the new software was constantly in a state of turmoil with it going down/freezing for hours, sometimes DAYS at a time. In October of 2010, in the height of hunting and the start of Holiday shopping, the powers that be decided to go with the new software 100%. What happened? offline ordering for 3 weeks. That means your order was taken, but there was no price adjustment on sales, the order taker had no idea (not their fault) if your items were in stock, and couldn't verify total due to shipping and sales tax not being computed. Your customer files were therefore not accessible and the returns dept had no choice but to sit on the returns until the system was running. After a VERY ROUGH 3 weeks, the system was at least working, but by then the damage was done. Returns were a month behind, which makes refunds a month behind. Customer service calls were through the roof. It was/is nearly impossible to catch completely up with what happened in the 6 busiest months of the year.

There were a lot of customers that had a legitimate beef and to those of you, I am sorry. As for those of you trying to get a complete refund for a pair of socks that are 3 years old: SERIOUSLY?!?!?! they're 3 years old!

As for me, I moved to a city that doesn't have a call center to work in, that's why I'm an EX-employee.

"This is by far the worst merchant I ever dealt with. They managed to incorrectly process BOTH my purchase and my return. After five or six phone calls and two weeks, my credit is still not posted to my account. Do not deal with them!"

"I had two rifle scopes mount at the Cabela's Dundee Store in Michigan.
The scopes were not mounted level, they were not bore sighted, and the eye relief was not correct. They also scratched one of the scopes and lost the cover and information for one of the scopes. They also damage the mount screws on one of the rifles.
I called the manager and the store but never received a return call. I also called 800 customer servie number but again I never heard back from anyone.

"Doing business with Cabela's has been a nightmare. I placed an online order and then started receiving automated calls everyday. I have repeatedly contacted them to stop the call and my requests have fallen on deaf ears.

I will never do business with Cabelas again!

"I was a longtime Cabela's customer, too, but NEVER AGAIN! I bought my husband a winter coat for Christmas. He needed it early, tried it on, it didn't fit, and that's when the trouble started. I sent it back before Thanksgiving, and they never processed my exchange. More importantly, they never processed my credit for the difference. I called. I emailed. Nothing. Finally I cancelled the entire exchange order on 1/19. It's now 1/29. Still no refund. These people are beyond bad. Don't do business with them!"

"I was a longtime Cabelas customer. They are no longer the valuable source they once were. I bought so much stuff there that they sent me a hardback catalog every year. Three years ago I bought 3 pairs of Cabelas Brand wool socks. Most of the socks look like new. The toes however, have holes in the same place on each sock. I think they are defective. I have other older socks that are in better condition. Quoted from the Legendary Guarantee "In addition, Cabela's brand clothing and footwear is guaranteed for the lifetime of the product under normal wear and tear, and against defects in workmanship". Now I ask you, are socks not either clothing or footwear? Well not according to customer service. The socks are only guaranteed for one year. The products high quality is gone now and outrageous shipping and now the complete denial of their guarantee have inspired me to: throw away all those catalogs, shred my Cabelas Visa and remove my bookmark from my browser as well as request they remove my name from their mailing list. All I wanted was three pairs of socks replaced or refunded.

"I have had an absolute awful experience with Cabela's i order a duck call when it was in stock a week and half ago and i have called them 5 times and they keep telling me they have no idea where it is and that it is on back order, they also told me that it might not be in stock until the fall?( 8 months) Another thing that upsets me is their customer service each time i have called them they act like they have no idea what they are doing. By the way, you know Cabela's has a problem when a 16 year old has to wright a review like this."

modified review This review was modified by gamecaller on January 18 2011 11:10:34 AM

"Bad customer service. Always down accounting systems. Disconnected systems for service (fulfilment is not gauranteed for online purchases). Cabela's rob and retain money for weeks(16 weeks) before they could refund, while they could charge on the same days. They will never follow-up, you need to keep calling them..."

modified review This review was modified by pbb0101 on January 09 2011 06:21:56 AM

"Cabela's brand products are the poorest quality i have ever used. Even with the low price the products are too lousy to justify buying. The steel cooler that is a Chinese copy of the Coleman Steel 54qt cooler works great until you use it a couple times. They also used to make a great button down heavy plaid fleece shirt. I asked for another one this year and they cheapened it up. No more button on the collar and the sleeves are lined with nylon rather than fleece. You'll never see my business again. "

"I purchased from Cabela's a German made 8-day Chalet Cuckoo clock. When I opened the box I was horrifed to see a $699 clock in pieces. I called their customer service and waited 35 minutes on-hold and no one picked up. I called back and spoke to a person in sales and was told that the customer service wait could be one hour.

Fortunately I've got lots of experience building radio control planes, so I decided to fix the clock rather than send it back for exchange. Who knows if the replacement would arrive any better. I took me three hours to carefully repair the clock. It is now better than new.

The clock didn't survive the shipping due to poor workmanship when it was originally made in Germany. Many of the parts were glued in place using a hot-glue gun.

My suggestion is NOT to buy any cuckoo clocks from Cabela's. When I submitted a negative review to their website it was NEVER posted.

It is obvious that Cabela's filters out customer reviews. I will NEVER buy from Cabela's again!!!!

"First, I'll say, love the quality of the products Cabela's provides. However, after the customer service I received from the female manager on December 18th, 2010 at the Lacey, WA store- I doubt I will shop there again. I received an automated message that my entire order was ready for pick up. After driving 2 hours from Sequim, WA. I was furious to find out that only part of my order was ready for pick up. The customer service manager did not apologize. She said the phone message comes from "corporate". Then she said that she could mail it to me, but it wouldn't be there by Christmas. When I got home and checked my e mail, it said my order was in and that I had until January something to come pick it up. I called customer service and they said that the order could be shipped to me in 2 days. I said, great! Two days later I called the Lacey store, the representative, "Jim" was very apologetic and said the notes provided to him did not have any shipping instructions. He offered to overnight it to me - but, it would not arrive in time for Christmas. ARRRRGH! I feel the female manager was a complete dud with NO customer service etiquette..and at Christmas time! What a SCROOOOOGE!

I should mention that the representative told me that the items were in stock in the store but I would have to purchase them again! Why not offer me the items and put a stop shipment on the missing ones? Absolutely, bogus!

"great place to do business with. i have ordered around a dozen times in the last 5 years without any issue. i just ordered a new penn battle reel from them friday night 12/17, tuesday morning 12/21 the ups truck stopped in front of my house , i asked the wife if she was expecting anything......nope she said. when i picked up the box and seen it was my reel i couldn't believe it!!! from wisconsin to syracuse ny in just over 2 days??? many other places should take lessons from them ...GREAT TO DO BUSINESS WITH. thanks greg...."

modified review This review was modified by snuffynra on March 31 2011 09:20:22 AM

"What a horrible experience. Ordered an item and tried to track it to find out it was canceled by Cabela's. When I called they basically told me too bad, out of stock. (Was in-stock when I called and ordered it.) Would not honor a rain check of any sort. (It was on sale.) Rude women told me to buy it elsewhere. How dissappointing. STAY AWAY. BUY FROM SOMEONE ELSE."

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!