Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.21/10 2.21/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.23/10 4.23/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"I can say nothing BAD about Cabelas... I spent every bit of 5K a year there and Have been nothing but satisfied with their products and employees. From the cabelas named brand to "whodat". I've bought online and from in store. Online purchases are easy and with great service. I've had things lost when it was shipped through postal and when I called them, they had another that was being shipped within 10 mins of being on the phone... It was no arguing or bickering. Wrong size boots to a tear in clothing (of course bad quality) NO hassle just a exchange. I enjoy thier service and 10X the company with more selection than BassPro!"

"Wow I can't believe how many bad reviews for these guys - it must be people that are mad come here to post reviews. With how many transactions they do every day, not te mention in a year a company this size is bound to have unhappy customers, their fault or not. Cabelas is great, I've bought from them for years and will continue to do so."

"I bought a handfull of items in the Bargin Cave on a trip out that way. Sing on the entrance stated certain % discounts with tags marked with a certain color. Once I got home a few hour drive away I opened my new gear and realized they never took the discount at the reqister. I had a friend in the area take pictures of the sign which clearly states that discounts will be taken at the register. After a handfull of emails with Cabela's and sending them pictures, they said oh yea that discount is new and was not the same when you purcahsed your product. Really? each month you change the signs and add verbage to say discoutns to be taken at register?? I did get a $10 online discount but requires me to purchase something. I would have rather had the $40 that I was suppose to have discounted. Never plan to go back since the drive is over two hours. I suppose a couple hundred dollar purchase does not mean much to them."

"Trash Company with a butt-load of not caring about the minority percentage, like me, that gets screwed around with losing 2 out of 3 orders that was placed 5 weeks ago. I placed 3 different orders of fishing line 15 days apart from each other AND ONLY RECEIVED 1 ORDER out of the 3. Customer Service claims "IT MUST HAVE GOTTEN LOST". 2 out of 3 orders lost? How does that happen? USE BASS PRO SHOPS! A MUCH, much MORE PROFESSIONAL, RELIABLE, and they take care of "ALL" their customers, not just some of them."

"bought stuff online for 20 dollars and was charged 75 for it...."

"I never placed this order & these crooks charged my Credit Card and shipped some slippers to a 3rd party in Hawaii via next day air charging $50 for shipping alone. By the way I lives in North Carolina and my Card Billing Address is in NC. DO NOT give them your CC# Looks like they use your CC# at a later date when you never expected for something you never ordered. It was too late for me even to dispute and they gor my $$$."

"I am also a victim of having email released from Cabelas I did not even get an apology . Stay away!"

"Bad company with bad customer service. I could understand they cancelled my order since their price error, but they could not spread my email address to others. Since last night, I got more than 20 junk/spam emails under the name of "Your recent Cabela's order?". One spam is even from NIGERIA. When I talked with their customer service and complain about it, I was told that "I am very sorry that this happened. However, by providing your e-mail address to any web-based company, you are at risk for receiving spam." And what's all they could do only "We are taking responsibility of this error and have sent you an e-mail regarding the error. "

Feel so disappointed with the vendor, and be ware you are taking your own risk to leak your personal information like emails with others when place order with this vendor.

"Be cautious not to accept the recommendations and advice of their so-called “Outfitters.” When I did on a relatively inexpensive item ($30) at the Lacey, WA store … the manager Jon would not stand behind a purchase made on the recommendation of one of his employees … Even given the fact that I was going to purchase another $125 worth of product that day. Cabela’s has lost a customer that has spent more than a $2000 this year alone for the sake a $30 exchange. Too many other places to take my business … I would recommend you consider other merchants as well."

"i have been a customer of herters, gander mountian, and now cabelas, there was a day when buying something from them meant it had been tested by buyers that would eliminate poorly working products before they got either a cabelas name on them or would never make it on their shelves. that is no longer the case over the last 3 years the quality products have dissapeared slowly but surely only to be replaced by products that over state their capability, for instance the laast thing i bought was a 120 lumen led flashlight which when i compared to a coleman flashlight of 107 lumens at half the price was not even close to being half as bright wow im again very diss at the cabelas name"

"Over the years, I have made many purchases from Cabela's, both online and in-store. Most recently, I purchased a spotting scope. The order was placed online on July 9th and was on my doorstep July 12th. Every online order comes with a post-paid return label so the item can be returned. All they ask is that you tell them why you are returning the item. Only twice have I returned items. The first was a pair of boots that rubbed my heal the wrong way. If I recall correctly, the refund took about 7-10 days due to the shipping time. Typically, footwear returns can be tricky if the items have been worn. In my case, I didn't realize the issue until I wore them a couple of times. Still, no problem. My second return was a pair of chest waders. These were returned for exchange due to me ordering the wrong size. Even though it was my fault, it didn't matter and I had my new boots in 1-1/2 to 2 weeks. I order a fair amount of Cabela's-labeled items and have been very pleased with the quality. I even look for it over a manufacturer's brand. It appears as if most reviews are made because people are pissed which is quite understandable, if it keeps them from going postal. When people are satisfied, life just goes on. You'd be hard-pressed finding a retailer that doesn't have some of the issues I read here. If there is a perfect retailer, they do not hire people. People are the wildcard here that can really affect the business. As a rule, I think Cabela's is a solid retailer with substantial value added services. If you are new to Cabela's give them a try. If you have had a bad experience, think back to a time when you just had a "bad day" and know that even their employees are not immune. Thanks for reading."

"I have placed an order with Cabela's Canada over the phone.
The total was clearly communicated to me (after subtracting the value of the gift card) but they have charged me $25 more on my CC because they "forgot" to subtract the gift card.
Lucky me that I've noticed this on my CC statement.
It's like a thief saying sorry when caught.
They have promised to return the money but can I really trust them? You better avoid them.

"Fast shipping & nice t-shirt. Will do business again."

"terrible deceptive business practice, without telling my life story, dont do business or at least be cautious with this company."

"I am still attempting to get a Smith and Wesson BodyGuard 380 from Cabela's, Glendale Arizona which was advertised in their April store flyer and online.
My first complaint is that when I went to the store they said that they had no stock and had not had stock of the gun for over 5 months. The "CLERK" would not check other stores or offer a rain check.Said Smith and Wesson was behind on filling orders. I went to Customer service and was told the same thing. No rain checks, no special orders. They had sent me a Cabela's money off coupon, and S&W was advertising 12 months no interest when using the Cabel's card.

I was so hot by the time I got home, I went to the Smith and Wesson site... They offer the GUN for 399.99 suggested RETAIL... Cabela's SUGGESTED RETAIL WAS 499.99.... Talk about deceptive advertising and poor service! Well that was back on APRIL 3 2011. Phoned the customer service line, sent emails, and have even chatted on line asking whats the deal......
I was told that they had stock at other stores, by email and I have turned this over to the Attorney general...
Guess what... They are running the same Gun on sale with no stock, again ... What an operation!

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!