Stores > Cabela's

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review Cabela's by clicking a star below.
2013-12-11

"I have dealt with Cabelas for over thirty years. Their customer service used to be excellent. One could rely on them to correct their mistakes in a timely manner. This year (Dec. 2013) is my last year dealing with them. Their computers are messed up, their return process takes days and their staff is nonchalant about problems they have created for their customers. "

2013-11-27

"I ordered 6 items online, signed up for the CLUB visa and rewards account. All items were in stock when order was placed but 5 were later cancelled due to having been discontinued. Now I have a credit card for a cr*p store that I'm never going to use. I wish I had checked on resellerratings.com first."

2013-11-12

"Ordered goose decoys before the hunting season. Ordered 9-15-13. received email that the item was backordered and expected to arrive 8-25-13. I thought I was in good shape.Then received another email stating item was on backorder and expected 10-15. I decided to wait. On 10-30 i called and asked about the decoys. They said they are still backordered and dont have a date. I asked to change to different decoys. They told me that I would need to pay any diference in price by the switch. I asked for somethign comperable and they stated the same thing. Finally I gave up and said I would wait. 11-12 i get an emial stating the item is still abckordered and would i like to cancel my order. I called again and asked if i could switch decoys and received same story. They told me that the decoys that I ordered were slated for delivery on 11-12. Why would they ask me to cancel an oreder that was due in on the same day?? So i decided to wait again since they wont throw $20 bucks my way for good customer service by moving me to a different decoy that they actually have which costs $20 more. I refuse to pay the extra for the fact that I have waited over 2 months for my order and if I wanted to spend the extra money...i would already have my decoys in hand. Very frustrating...I have happily dealt with Cabelas for over 20 years but now I will never deal with Cabelas again. They have zero customer appreciation."

2013-10-10

"I purchased a Thompson Center Muzzleloader from Cabela's. on the 30th or so shot (sighting it in, find right load), as I was closing the trigger guard to lock the mechanism... it broke off! Now this is not cabela's fault, however, I purchased from cabela's cuz I believed that they stood behind the products they sell, Not the case. This purchase happened to be the "all sales are final" kind. Read the fine print, better to purchase locally.... Buyer beware. Fool me once... Right!?!"

2013-09-15

"Very friendly service, and the sales are often excellent. The service is not as good as what you'll get from a good, local gun shop or archery shop, which is one reason I prefer to shop locally when I can. (Support local business people to keep your local economy going, and so they will be there when you need them!) But sometimes I need to do mail order, especially where I live. The PROBLEM is that their shipping can take forever. Two days after I ordered some items, I hadn't received any shipping notification, so I called. They said the item hadn't shipped yet but would definitely go out in the morning. Two more days later, no notification, so I called again. This time they said they had no way of telling for sure whether or not it had gone out (so what was the other guy talking about?) but that so far there was no tracking number listed, which suggests to me that it really hadn't shipped yet. NOT the first time I've experienced slow shipping from Cabela's, which is why I'm keeping on their tail. SO.... not bad for some purposes, but customer support is so-so and shipping can be dreadfully slow."

2013-07-10

"Horrible Experience and Big Letdown. I ordered camping gear for my two children for camp and paid for expedited shipping so that it would get there on time when they reach camp. The store confirmed receipt of the order but when my kids arrived at camp the gear had not arrived. When I called Cabela's they told me that my bank had not approved the payment although the credit card is fine. The sum to be paid was not high at all and I had many other payments on the same credit card that went through without any problems whatsoever but this one was delayed for some reason. My main grievance was directed to the fact that Cabela's did not bother to inform me at all that there is any delay with the approval of the payment and the shipment. Had they notified me I could have cleared it up right away. Because of this the shipment was delayed and did not arrive on time, and all this while Cabela's knew that expedited shipment had been paid for and requested. As a result my kids did not have the required gear for a sleep away, outdoor activities camp and we had to run around and organize all of this on an urgent basis. When I cancelled the order Cabela's wrote to me that I had "changed my mind"! - such 'chutzpa'. I will never order from them again and hope that others won't either. "

2013-07-04

"It's definitely a place to shop at, not to order from. But overall the in store shopping is great."

2013-05-21

"Good service but you can't trust the reviews. I bought a Garmin GPS from them at a good price (on sale) and then found that you can't use all the products they bundled together at the same time. I wrote a detailed review explaining the problem. They called we talked about it and then it never got published.

I've now used the GPS and found a fatal (my opinion) design flaw and they won't publish that review either.

This has happened before when we purchased clothing from them but they simply won't publish reviews that aren't stellar.

2013-04-17

"Cabela's emailed me the tentative arriving date of my ammo backorder and the next day they cancelled it quietly. When I asked them to reinstate the order, they said they discontinued the ammo of that item number. They actually had exactly the same ammo with a different item number and higher price in stock for a short period of time on the day they cancelled my order."

2013-04-11

"I give them one star, I'll let you decide for yourself. Today I purchased a 10-22 that I'd been wanting for awhile. Service very good store very clean and isles looked neat. My main gripe is that you can spend Hundreds of dollars for it, jump through the red tape, but they had no AMMO for the gun. Rather than hold back a few rounds for the people that actually purchase a firearm from them, their policy seems to be sell it all to the hoarders, and make a buck rip off people that wait every day at the stores until the AMMO hits the shelf. Seems really bad policy to me, and definitely will hurt their business in the future. As for me I'm done with Cabelas until they get a little more considerate for gun purchasers. All they need to do is keep a little back and keep it off the shelves. Stinks Cabelas! yu owe me one."

2013-04-05

"I dont understand how Cabelas.com/physical store has gotten such a bad rap on here. I have spent thousands of dollars on numerous high quality items from every section on both the site and in the store in EGF. They will make ANYTHING right if you recieve a bad item and have had very knowledgable service from my experience. Shop with confidence in my opinion! The only reason sites like this show poor reviews is because the millions of satisfied customers are out enjoying their products whike a handful are online crying."

2013-04-04

"Cabela's is a hard one to rate. Their every day prices are not the greatest on the planet. To be fair, as a large retailer their prices are competitive, just not against most internet merchants. I can buy most of my goods from Midwayusa or Brownells a fair bit cheaper. That said, when they have a sale sometimes select items are well below what I can find them for elsewhere. Additionally, I typically shop for my reloading supplies from Cabela's as midway and other charge a hazardous materials charge for each item, Cabela's only once per order...even if you order gets broken into several shipment due to back-orders, etc. I don't shop from Cabela's all the time, but when I do, they've done me right. Even had to do a return once and they handled it quickly, professionally, and processed my refund immediately upon receipt of the item. They also come through on back-orders. You get regular updates and they don't charge separate shipping for back-ordered items. They must be taking a beating there. I'd highly recommend Cabela's for their sales and their reloading supplies."

2013-03-12

"I recently purchased a used pump shotgun at Cabela's. It was one of the worst shopping experiences I have ever had. Far from being a gun expert, I have not fired a gun for over 40 years. First of all the help I received from four different sales people was at best negligible to misleading. Secondly I found two shotguns which were safety hazards, and one was inoperable. The first was a pump shotgun with a missing slide safety. The original, metal slide had been replaced with a piece of wood that looked disturbingly like part of a pop-cycle stick. When slid to the safe position, the slide would return to the off position by itself. The second pump shotgun, which I ended up buying, was defective. It jammed after loading two rounds into the magazine. It would not eject or load those two rounds into the firing chamber. I had to return to Cabela's with the two rounds in the magazine. I was stopped at the door and told that I could not bring it into the store. Eventually, two employees carried the gun back out to my car where one of them proceeded to remove the shells by removing the magazine cap and spring. When he reassembled it and loaded the rounds back into the magazine, it jammed again. After clearing the magazine again, we took the defective gun into the store where we agreed on an exchange for a comparable shotgun. I had to go through the background process again for the second shotgun. (A one and a half to two hour wait.) I decided to come back later to pick up the gun. When I returned that evening, I found the five stations available for this process manned by only two employees with lines to both. After waiting several minutes I called for a manager to open up another station or two. I was informed that there were no other trained employees in the store who could do this. I finally did get to take the second shotgun home. I am almost afraid to fire it for fear of some other catastrophe.
In summary I have three questions:
1. How can defective firearms be placed on the racks for sale?
2. Why are the sales people not knowledgeable about the products they are selling?
3. Why would you not have trained back up employees to avoid customers standing in line for long periods of time?

2013-02-21

"Cabelas recently send me an email asking if I wanted to keep my ammunition order on backorder or cancell it. I responded to the link provided stating I wanted to KEEP IT..since I had been waiting since early December. An hour later, they cancelled my order. After checking with some friends, they had the same problem. Customer service told me that they were NOT getting anymore ammunition orders and they decided to cancel all backorders so as not to "keep me us waiting". The TRUTH IS THEY WOULD HAVE HAD TO HONOR A SALE PRICE AND WOULD LOSE TOO MUCH MONEY. Needless to say, Im pizzed!!!!"

2013-02-17

"Customer service and order processing needs a lot of work here. You can order stuff that they are showing as IN STOCK, and they put a funds hold on your card, and then check back days later to find it has been cancelled, and they don't even email you to let you know.

This has happened multiple times to me, and I am done with this place until they get their act together.

Share Cabela's's store rating

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!