Cabela's Reviews - page 6 - cabelas.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.17/10 130 reviews

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Same for me as others. When I called customer service, they said it will be fine because the system is updating...blah...Now all of my orders have been cancelled. Bad customer service ever.."

modified review This review was modified by suphyuaung on October 23 2010 09:14:56 AM

"I ordered a few clothes through Cabela's. When I ordered them everything was OK, just as normal.
I waited for about 10 days and I had neither received the shipped clothes nor the confirmation/cancellation email. I just contacted them and was notified that my order was not filled because the items were out of stock.
I can understand the out of stock issues because this happens all the time. However, Cabela's should at least let me know about this instead of just ignoring me.

"Well Cabela's was having a sale. So I purchased. I never recieved a confirmation. I contacted via live chat and was informed everything would be fine. I checked back 9 days later. When I discovered my order had been cancelled. This is bad business. To bad they seem so nice."

"My online order was cancelled without an email. I was expecting to have already received my package so when I checked on Cabela's website I saw everthing but one item was cancelled. And that item was back ordered. They were expecting me to pay for shipping for one small item and not even going to notify me. I had to wait on hold to fix their mess and was told their system was being upgraded. If a company that size can not handle a system upgrade then they deserve to lose customers. I will not shop there again! "

"Cabela’s sells some fine merchandise. Unfortunately, the reviews they allow to be posted regarding that merchandise are heavily censored. If you’re familiar with reviews posted on Amazon and many other online retailers, you would expect that customers could say whatever they want, but this is not the case.

I went through three submissions of a review of a pair of pants, had each one rejected, and finally gave up. The review was generally a good one, but I made the mistake of referring to another store which had an almost identical item; that review was rejected because they don’t allow mention of other stores. When I didn’t name the store, the review was rejected because I questioned the conditions under which the item was manufactured along with defects I had noticed. When that reference was eliminated, the third submission was rejected for unspecified reasons; I suspect that it had to do with my pointing out that Cabela’s description of the item, while it was correct the last time I ordered it, was NOT correct for my most recent order — the item had changed, but the description had not.

I’ve not ordered from Cabela’s again, and I’ve recommended to everyone in my networks that they understand that, however fine their merchandise may or may not be, the posted reviews for Cabela’s merchandise cannot be considered honest and unbiased, and that dishonesty on the part of a firm is a strong reason to avoid doing business with them. There are plenty of other firms offering fine merchandise and honest customer evaluations, and I recommend buying from them.

"Really BAD customer service. No e-mail confirmation for the order I placed 2-1/2 days ago. I checked the order history today and see that it's been cancelled, again NO COMMUNICATIONS WHATSOEVER.

BAD BUSINESS!

"I purchased fleeces that were on sale for Xmas gifts. 2 days after I placed the order, I signed on to their site to see what the status was to find out that my order was canceled! I was never contacted in ANY WAY! When I tried to talk to a representative online, I was told the item was discontinued, there was nothing they could do & they were sorry & she disconnected on me!! This was my first order & I am not pleased at all! All it would have taken was a simple email or call to let me know the items were no longer available. They did this to a friend that ordered the same item too! BEWARE!! May not get your items & you will never know what is going on unless you check. This was my first & LAST order from them. "

"purchased binoculars based on an website description only to find out it the item had inferior prisims vs the ones advertised. Also, the reg price was inflated to make the sale price look like it was a better deal. This seems to be a pattern with Cabelas. The item was also listed as a Cabelas exclusive yet I found the same exact model at other stores. I brought it to Cabelas attention numerous times their description was not correct and each time I got the standard phony apology and it would be looked into. After me bugging them for over a month to get this fixed, it finally got corrected. Finally, the people on their chat system provided inaccurate info several times. "

modified review This review was modified by razredge on September 30 2010 05:59:23 PM

"I like shopping at Cabela's (Online) store. All the items have very detailed descriptions and customer reviews. They stand behind everything they sell and are relatively efficient when it comes to shipping.

Their customer service is pretty good, although some of the Customer Service reps don't know everything about all their products. Understandable considering the thousands of products they sell.

Their prices are competitive, but not always the cheapest. Their strength is that they usually have what I want in stock, when others don't.

I will shop with Cabela's in the future.

"Wow.. nothing I ordered from this site was good. The tent wasn't what the described, a 3-man that can't even even fit an air mattress, and sleeping bag that doesn't have a zipper, a kitchen table with a sink that leaks, a pot that didn't come for 3 months until I tried to cancel it and then they magically sent it 5 minutes later. Emails were never responded to. There is nothing good to say about anything regarding this company."

sfw1960's Avatar
Northern LP , Mich.

"I've ordered hundreds in merchandise from these people over the years with nary a problem until NOW.
Always looked up products on the web and ordered using the item numbers on the phone , but last Thursday - the 12th. I decided to hit the "submit" button and do it "online", and my order went into the black hole....
"Thank You For Your Order
Your order number is unavailable at this time.
You will receive an order confirmation email.
Please print this page for your records."
(this NEVER came)
So after waiting overnight - I called Friday morning at work . The CSR said they had nothing in the system and it might be "Stuck in the system" (I didn't have the time or the TWELVE item numbers with me at work) and to call in the afternoon to see if it was available yet.
BEFORE calling in the afternoon I called the credit card bank to see if I had been charged PRIOR to calling these guys.
I HAD.
I ended up talking with 3 CSR's and 2 Managers who told me how sorry they were and how much they appreciate my business and 2CSR's & 1 Manager all 'confirmed' the items were in stock.
I had to manually re-enter the order with a CSR.
(I was told it was held up due to NO PAYMENT on it)
On Aug. 18 I get an email confirming my order has shipped after the total BOTCH job of my online order that was lost & re-entered.
10 of the 12 items arrived :08/19/2010 4:19 P.M. via UPS and to this date I have 2 items on back order AFTER I was told it was all in stock.
This sure isn't the Cabela's I have been buying from for about 10 year or so.
I will think TWICE before I buy from them versus local next time.
I don't think they are improving service , it's getting worse.

Robert

"DO NOT ORDER from Cabela's. They do not gaurantee the quality or sizing of their products. Very poor customer service. Shameful!"

"I made a purchase from Cabelas.com on 2/15/10. Paid for it, received the item and all was good. On 5/1/10 I get a random email from Cabelas Cust Service requesting additional money that states:

“Thank you for your recent order, the last item of which was shipped 02/16/10. We appreciate your patronage and hope the merchandise is satisfactory.
Rather than delay the processing of your order, we shipped it with $3.36 due. Your prompt payment of this amount will ensure our ability to continue this practice on your behalf.”

I called the phone number it listed for payment & they tell me that they realized that their system mis-charged me and didn’t charge tax and they need to collect an additional $3.36. I asked how it took them over 75 days to realize that their system mischarged me she claimed that this happens often and they periodically send out emails to collect the payments. I don’t know how a large company like this can operate a website that frequently forgets to charge customers tax & it takes them over 75 days to realize it. I personally have no problem paying an additional $3 for something, but the principal of a company coming after you 75 days after a purchase for a billing mistake their system made is completely ridiculous.

"I placed my first order with Cabela's and found the service to be excellent. I did have an issue with ammunition being backordered, but hardly Cabela's fault.

Items shipped promptly upon arrival at the warehouse and arrived well packed on the estimated delivery date. The prices were good, especially with the free shipping offer.

It is great to have a company like this. Local stores don't carry much selection. I will miss Cabela's selection when the law changes next year and online ammo sales are banned here in CA.

"This is my first time ordering from this site. I got a mummy sleeping bag that was on sale at a great price + $5.95 shipping. The shipping was fast, quality was good, item as described.

Would definitely shop here again if the price is right.