• Cabela's

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Cabelas has made my wife and myself VERY satisfied customers."

This review was modified by Jacjac171 on July 01 2012 03:45:27 PM

"Stood in line for 45 minutes for service at the Tulalip, WA store. After finally getting to speak with someone I was told the item I wanted to purchase was not available. They then tried to sell me something I did not want and finally offered to put in a special order request for what I wanted. It has been almost three weeks and I have not heard anything on my special order request. I am not impressed and I won't be back."

"Bad experience with a back ordered item. Saw a fly reel was to be available in early March...that was only a week away so decided to go ahead and order. Then it was pushed back another two weeks. With still no sign of it after a month and fishing trip coming up, decided to call customer service. Their explanation was they had sent an email to the supplier a month ago, and once they hear back will update me.... really?!

What kind of business sits on a product inquiry with pending orders for a month? Fill date was pushed another month, and then recently yet another for good measure. Decided to cancel order due to unreliable vendor management.

After an ETA of 3 months from original estimate, I decided to take my business to a more reliable retailer.

"Cabela's sent me the wrong item. I returned it (even had to pay for shipping of the correct item). Then I get this cryptic email about a refund. I contact Cabela's and they inform me that the item I originally tried to buy was now out of stock for the season. Talk about terrible customer service. If they hadn't screwed up my order in the first place then I would have had my item."

"Helo,
We live in Belgium , several times already placed an order with Cabelas, no problems.
Still the last time, i placed an order for $ 64.98, 2 times i send an e-mail, where is my package ? they reported, they have 90 days for delivery, when you have you order not on 06/12/2012, take contact with us.
Yesterday we reived an e-mail, Cabelas send $ 44.98 back on my account, they keep $ 20 ,why ??? .
The package is NEVER offered, even by post , or even by courier
We have Aiphonecamara on the frontdoor, we can see,who was on the door NOBODY with a package ! !
thes practices are not good ,and i hate this
Mister Millner said on You tube, the value of this company ????

"I called the Boat shop in East Hartford, CT with a problem concerning my trailer that needed repair. I called Cabela's based on their website claim stating, "why wait weeks for someone to look at your boat when we can fix most problems in a day or two, blah, blah..." Well, the woman who answered the phone said it would be 3 weeks before anything could be done, if they could do it at all, and that "someone" would call me back.

Surprise, no one ever called me back. I'll take all my business to BPS, Cabela's has lost mine.

"I have ordered from Cabela's.com about a dozen times over the last few years. Each transaction has had these descriptors:
-Clear communication
-Easy processing
-Good prices - The price:quality ratio is tops.
-Good shipping with good, secure packaging
-Full satisfaction with the quality of the product.

Cabela's is always the first place I look for outdoors goods.

"I recently went to store in MAINE. COuld not find sales help anywhere! Ladies DEPT especially! Finally one woman who knew nothing just filling in she said.
So took my only purchase to registers only to see lines out the doors!!! So instead of moving people along the HORRIBLE cashiers ask, Do you have cabelas card can we have your phone number over 7 questions each customer!! Unbelievable! Their online service is just as bad. Over priced Horrible service. What is teh HYPE all about they are quickly losing their customer following! I will NEVER EVER go back!

"Refuse to go back!!!! I live close by, so I go the quite often. I was interested in purchasing a hand gun. I pulled a number and waited over an hour and a half till I gave up. I stood right by the counter and all of the associates would just look up at me while assisting other people who had not pulled a number! I am so disgusted with service! Employee looked up and assisted people who just walked right up to the counter! I even said excuse me I have a number! I was ignored! Done shopping here!
Cabelas prices are $75 to $100 over Shyda"s, and Richland shooters. One particular hand gun was an ok price that I was going to purchase.

"I bought several thing online which was shown in stock. Every thing came in, no back order. Good items as advertised and good communication, emailed tracking number. Item ordered on 3/5 came in on 3/8."

" I'm a regular customer of Cabela's and I think some of the negative reviews posted here reflect unreasonable expectations. Things go wrong in life. Cabela's can be excused for a computer erroneously showing an item in stock etc.
I've gotten prompt refunds for returns, including some Columbia underwear I didn't like . I've gotten replacement items shipped once when the Post Office misplaced my shipment .
The order takers on the phone are friendly and make few mistakes .
Advice to all : Any time you have a problem with a reputable company, don't magnify it and imagine they are out to steal your money, sell your email address to spammers, give your phone number to political groups or whatever.
Instead, make sure you communicate clearly, keep records, leave time for things to work out ( Don't depend on your refund arriving to make your rent. Order by credit card for best protection in the event of problems . And be reasonable !

"purchase one new minn kota trolling motor for my Kodiak boat. I shopped around on the Internet and solicited numerous amount of vendors. Out of all the vendors no one could beat the price from cabela,s they offer extended warranty for an additional two years that no one else offers. Their sales personnel were excellent and answering all my questions and needs. And plus I received additional promotions and rebates."

"Searched the web for a 42" gun case and found the one I wanted on Cabela's. They even had it on sale showing stock onhand. I placed my order (had to set up an account and provide credit card information). The next day I get an automated email saying that they cancelled my order with no explaination. I contacted them and they said the item was discontinued and basically 'tough luck'. The did not provide an explaination as to why it showed in stock. They did not attempt to provide any type of alternatives or help in any way ... just 'we cancelled your order and you can go away now' type attitude. Regardless of what they show in stock, do not trust their website and don't count on any type of customer service out of this company."

"I'm done with Cabela's. I ordered a Nils auger. on 1/10/12...it was printed on the website that is was on sale and backorderable..so I bought it on line..2 days later I did get a call and they told me that it would being shipped from the factory..Wow..Great!!....that was on the 12th. Then I decided to check with them on the order..it was posted in my order history that the order was still in being processed...???...So I called them on the 16th..guess what no auger..they cannot get one...what bull and bad service...I'm done with them..I had the same problem last year on the same item....but last year I had to wait a month for one...gee the fishing season would of been over....Happy 50th Cabela's...I'm a new Gander Mountain family member!!"

"my shopping experience with Cabela's was absolutely terrible and their customer service has been the worst i've ever received from a retailer.

to begin, when i ordered, the transaction timed out and i was unable to log back into their website that evening to see if there was evidence of completion. the next morning i found it had completed, twice! their customer service rep told me he would cancel the order, but if they were unable to catch it at the warehouse i would have to pay to ship it back! thank goodness they did catch it, however...

the charges from this doubled order overdrew my bank account. customer service told me first they couldn't do anything, call my CC company. my bank explained that Cabela's needed to send them a vendor release form in order to remedy the situation. I called customer service and i had to flat out demand that they send the form after the rep suggested i wait for the authorization to expire! leaving my debit card unusable due to a negative available balance and thankfully i couldn't be charged overdraft fees! on top of that without a vendor release form the vendor can resubmit their claim within 6 months and the bank will honor it.

now weeks later i find that one of the products i ordered, XL socks for my husband, are of such terrible quality that they are just disintegrating at the heels after being worn only twice! well, their guarantee promises a refund in these circumstances, but the return policy requires the customer to pay for shipping the return. i emailed customer service to ask "do you really need me to send back 12 pairs of holey socks that my husband has been wearing so you can throw them away or can i send you pictures of the damage and throw them away myself?"

and of course they do. the rep even recommended that i insure the package (for my protection). effing seriously?!? insure holey socks? god forbid something should happen to them and they get ripped...again?

lets hope they can at least get refunding my money right, because they'll never get another chance.

Share Cabela's's store rating

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!