Product & services pricing Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.95/10 2.95/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.31/10 5.31/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.27/10 2.27/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"i have been a customer of herters, gander mountian, and now cabelas, there was a day when buying something from them meant it had been tested by buyers that would eliminate poorly working products before they got either a cabelas name on them or would never make it on their shelves. that is no longer the case over the last 3 years the quality products have dissapeared slowly but surely only to be replaced by products that over state their capability, for instance the laast thing i bought was a 120 lumen led flashlight which when i compared to a coleman flashlight of 107 lumens at half the price was not even close to being half as bright wow im again very diss at the cabelas name"

"Over the years, I have made many purchases from Cabela's, both online and in-store. Most recently, I purchased a spotting scope. The order was placed online on July 9th and was on my doorstep July 12th. Every online order comes with a post-paid return label so the item can be returned. All they ask is that you tell them why you are returning the item. Only twice have I returned items. The first was a pair of boots that rubbed my heal the wrong way. If I recall correctly, the refund took about 7-10 days due to the shipping time. Typically, footwear returns can be tricky if the items have been worn. In my case, I didn't realize the issue until I wore them a couple of times. Still, no problem. My second return was a pair of chest waders. These were returned for exchange due to me ordering the wrong size. Even though it was my fault, it didn't matter and I had my new boots in 1-1/2 to 2 weeks. I order a fair amount of Cabela's-labeled items and have been very pleased with the quality. I even look for it over a manufacturer's brand. It appears as if most reviews are made because people are pissed which is quite understandable, if it keeps them from going postal. When people are satisfied, life just goes on. You'd be hard-pressed finding a retailer that doesn't have some of the issues I read here. If there is a perfect retailer, they do not hire people. People are the wildcard here that can really affect the business. As a rule, I think Cabela's is a solid retailer with substantial value added services. If you are new to Cabela's give them a try. If you have had a bad experience, think back to a time when you just had a "bad day" and know that even their employees are not immune. Thanks for reading."

"I have placed an order with Cabela's Canada over the phone.
The total was clearly communicated to me (after subtracting the value of the gift card) but they have charged me $25 more on my CC because they "forgot" to subtract the gift card.
Lucky me that I've noticed this on my CC statement.
It's like a thief saying sorry when caught.
They have promised to return the money but can I really trust them? You better avoid them.

"Fast shipping & nice t-shirt. Will do business again."

"terrible deceptive business practice, without telling my life story, dont do business or at least be cautious with this company."

"I am still attempting to get a Smith and Wesson BodyGuard 380 from Cabela's, Glendale Arizona which was advertised in their April store flyer and online.
My first complaint is that when I went to the store they said that they had no stock and had not had stock of the gun for over 5 months. The "CLERK" would not check other stores or offer a rain check.Said Smith and Wesson was behind on filling orders. I went to Customer service and was told the same thing. No rain checks, no special orders. They had sent me a Cabela's money off coupon, and S&W was advertising 12 months no interest when using the Cabel's card.

I was so hot by the time I got home, I went to the Smith and Wesson site... They offer the GUN for 399.99 suggested RETAIL... Cabela's SUGGESTED RETAIL WAS 499.99.... Talk about deceptive advertising and poor service! Well that was back on APRIL 3 2011. Phoned the customer service line, sent emails, and have even chatted on line asking whats the deal......
I was told that they had stock at other stores, by email and I have turned this over to the Attorney general...
Guess what... They are running the same Gun on sale with no stock, again ... What an operation!

California

"I have placed a couple orders through Cabelas and have always been happy. Their prices aren't the best, but they had what I needed. Shipped fast and received my order without any hitches."

"as an ex-employee of the one of the call centers, I feel bad that you've had such a bad experience with (what used to be) "us". I will give you a little background as to what happened this past fall, and I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus, just stating facts.

In April(?) of 2010 Cabela's was starting to switch the customer file history and order taking software from an efficient DOS-based program to a "new and improved" web-based software from Oracle. Throughout the summer, the new software was constantly in a state of turmoil with it going down/freezing for hours, sometimes DAYS at a time. In October of 2010, in the height of hunting and the start of Holiday shopping, the powers that be decided to go with the new software 100%. What happened? offline ordering for 3 weeks. That means your order was taken, but there was no price adjustment on sales, the order taker had no idea (not their fault) if your items were in stock, and couldn't verify total due to shipping and sales tax not being computed. Your customer files were therefore not accessible and the returns dept had no choice but to sit on the returns until the system was running. After a VERY ROUGH 3 weeks, the system was at least working, but by then the damage was done. Returns were a month behind, which makes refunds a month behind. Customer service calls were through the roof. It was/is nearly impossible to catch completely up with what happened in the 6 busiest months of the year.

There were a lot of customers that had a legitimate beef and to those of you, I am sorry. As for those of you trying to get a complete refund for a pair of socks that are 3 years old: SERIOUSLY?!?!?! they're 3 years old!

As for me, I moved to a city that doesn't have a call center to work in, that's why I'm an EX-employee.

"This is by far the worst merchant I ever dealt with. They managed to incorrectly process BOTH my purchase and my return. After five or six phone calls and two weeks, my credit is still not posted to my account. Do not deal with them!"

"I had two rifle scopes mount at the Cabela's Dundee Store in Michigan.
The scopes were not mounted level, they were not bore sighted, and the eye relief was not correct. They also scratched one of the scopes and lost the cover and information for one of the scopes. They also damage the mount screws on one of the rifles.
I called the manager and the store but never received a return call. I also called 800 customer servie number but again I never heard back from anyone.

"Doing business with Cabela's has been a nightmare. I placed an online order and then started receiving automated calls everyday. I have repeatedly contacted them to stop the call and my requests have fallen on deaf ears.

I will never do business with Cabelas again!

"I was a longtime Cabela's customer, too, but NEVER AGAIN! I bought my husband a winter coat for Christmas. He needed it early, tried it on, it didn't fit, and that's when the trouble started. I sent it back before Thanksgiving, and they never processed my exchange. More importantly, they never processed my credit for the difference. I called. I emailed. Nothing. Finally I cancelled the entire exchange order on 1/19. It's now 1/29. Still no refund. These people are beyond bad. Don't do business with them!"

"I was a longtime Cabelas customer. They are no longer the valuable source they once were. I bought so much stuff there that they sent me a hardback catalog every year. Three years ago I bought 3 pairs of Cabelas Brand wool socks. Most of the socks look like new. The toes however, have holes in the same place on each sock. I think they are defective. I have other older socks that are in better condition. Quoted from the Legendary Guarantee "In addition, Cabela's brand clothing and footwear is guaranteed for the lifetime of the product under normal wear and tear, and against defects in workmanship". Now I ask you, are socks not either clothing or footwear? Well not according to customer service. The socks are only guaranteed for one year. The products high quality is gone now and outrageous shipping and now the complete denial of their guarantee have inspired me to: throw away all those catalogs, shred my Cabelas Visa and remove my bookmark from my browser as well as request they remove my name from their mailing list. All I wanted was three pairs of socks replaced or refunded.

"I have had an absolute awful experience with Cabela's i order a duck call when it was in stock a week and half ago and i have called them 5 times and they keep telling me they have no idea where it is and that it is on back order, they also told me that it might not be in stock until the fall?( 8 months) Another thing that upsets me is their customer service each time i have called them they act like they have no idea what they are doing. By the way, you know Cabela's has a problem when a 16 year old has to wright a review like this."

modified review This review was modified by gamecaller on January 18 2011 11:10:34 AM

"Bad customer service. Always down accounting systems. Disconnected systems for service (fulfilment is not gauranteed for online purchases). Cabela's rob and retain money for weeks(16 weeks) before they could refund, while they could charge on the same days. They will never follow-up, you need to keep calling them..."

modified review This review was modified by pbb0101 on January 09 2011 06:21:56 AM

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!