• CDW.com

2012-12-27

"Today I received the most awful customer service from an agent called Robert Nixon at CDW in New Jersey. After several pointless conversations, I decided to cancel the order.

I placed the order online which seemed easy enough, and then I was called by a customer services representative and it all went down hill from there. He was plain rude and seemed more interested in being obtuse and trying to catch me out (he obviously got some sad sort of kick out of that), rather than actually helping me with my order. He questioned why I actually needed the product that I had ordered, and in a very patronizing way wanted to know what I was going to do with it (it was a networking device for home use, no biggie, and he was after all just a sales agent, not tech support!). Once we had got over that hurdle, on the next call back (he had called me back and left a VM to call him again), he basically wanted to ask me for the customer services number of my bank from the back of my credit card. This seemed odd since they had already charged my credit card, and seems pretty irrelevant, but I cooperated.

Anyhow, he was then unhappy because the number that I had called him back on was a different number than my cell phone. I explained that my battery had run out and I was simply using a different phone. He actually wanted me to explain to him why I was calling him back on a different phone number and how did I get the voice mail if I didn't have any battery! (The battery ran out after i had checked his voice mail). Why did this matter, and why did he need to interrogate me about this, and more than once?! This was completely irrelevant to trying to solve the issue in hand. I then told him to cancel the order since I was so disgusted with his attitude. Probably the worst customer service I've ever had. I think I'll be advising my company to switch away from CDW in the new year."

This review was modified by Mkg16 on December 27 2012 09:16:57 PM

2012-12-11

"Placed order with CDW shipping location we use is a UPS store.
The company no longer delivers to UPS stores...never mind that
we had the same shipping address for the last ten years.
Maybe I hire someone to stand there and look stupid waiting
for parcels from CDW at my office location...yeh right.
Your competitor had no issues shipping..please pass the word and
boycott CDW. Reply cdw@netmail.ws"

2012-08-01

"Placed an order for a monitor on 7/27 never got an email of shipping, when online chat with an agent, told me my billing shipping was an issue and that they called me on the 27th, I never got a call from them as they said, here is my email to them. I would really steer clear from this company, it has fraudulent web site signals written all over it!

I spoke with a chat agent, I requested the order be cancelled, would you please send me a cancellation email, the chat person abruptly disconnected the chat once she said the order was cancelled. Also, I think it is bad business to tell someone over chat that they need to get a pre-paid wire transfer to complete the order, that raises a fraudulent web site flag to most. Everyone knows never to send a cash wire transfer to conduct business on the internet these days. Unbelievable, I ordered the same exact product from Amazon just now and at nearly the exact price you had offered, and already got a shipping confirmation, and I used the exact billing shipping information that I gave your company. So being told that my billing shipping was an issue I believe was just an attempt to get me to do a wire transfer."

2012-04-13

"Just a weird company with horrible customer service. I placed an order using my Paypal debit Mastercard, which I have never had a single problem with on any other site...for years. After placing the order, I get a voicemail from a CDW sales rep saying there's a problem with my order and will I call him. I call the person who left the message and had to leave voicemail. No call back. Called again a few times, emailed. Nothing. Called customer service. She puts me on hold, then the guy who called me to begin with picks up. He tells me they don't accept anything with Paypal on it. A Paypal Mastercard. Really? Well, I won't bore you with the rest of the story. Suffice it to say that I tried to use my bank debit Mastercard. He said the order would ship that day. But that did not work. Talked to a couple more people there today and finally gave up. Told them to cancel the order. What a waste of time. (And now, having zero confidence in CDW, how can I be sure my order is actually cancelled? There's still a preauthorization on my bank card, which I hope goes away.)

I do not understand how a business can function like this. I bought from them because they are local in the Chicago area, had stock on a hard to find item and had a good online price. I have honestly never had an experience like this with any other company. Do they want business or not? How can they possibly survive when competing against places like Amazon? Now, reading all the other reviews, I really wonder how they are in business at all.

Their site is pretty nice and the appearance is totally reputable. But that's where it stops. Stay away! "

This review was modified by konkrete on April 13 2012 07:12:20 PM

2012-02-14

"We purchased from CDW back in 2005 and haven't purchased anything since. Then out of the blue, we got a charge on our credit card! Coincidentally we have had no charges from them until now, when our credit card is going to expire at the end of this month. Seems very suspicious to me! We called them about it and they threw us into voice mail. Of course we're disputing the charge with our credit card company... Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that they keep your credit card numbers on file!! Beware!!"

2012-01-11

"I have a commercial account and a dedicated representative but that said they do their best to see that I am happy. They have access to a lot of resources that I would not be able to take advantage of otherwise and they can get me the products that I need. Very helpful in my business."

2011-12-30

"This company is a joke!
I placed an order for 2 Samsung drives on Nov. 27. I got an order confirmation. Then on Dec. 5 I got a Backorder notification email stating "Once the items are secured, we will ship them to you" with an est. ship date of 12/22/11. On 12/16/11 upon checking on the status of my order I found out that it had been cancelled. I emailed them and got an email back saying that they needed to confirm my order and I did not call them to confirm therefore the order got cancelled. I had already gotten a confirmation email from them and it did not say anywhere that I needed to RE-CONFIRM my order.
The sales rep Thomas Howell is a lying sack of s*#t for never calling calling me nor sending a single email to inform me that he had cancelled my order. Apparently what happened was that I placed my order for the drives at $79 each as advertised then when the items were back in stock they raised the price to $189.99 EACH. They refused to fill the order at the original advertised price so they cancelled my order. That's 140% increase in price.
They are the absolute worst company to do business with.
BE AWARE!"

2011-12-22

"Everyone is being decent on this post.

I will start by telling you I will never buy anything from these MF...They are a joke, I was trying to find out the status of my order and sales rep would not answer my calls until I blocked my number and his response was he was on the phone saw my number but did not have the courtesy of calling me back, what and idiot. My order was suppose to be shipped next day air and four day later they did not have an answer for me. Mind you everything was in stock. In my 20 of doing business they are without a doubt worst company I have dealt with.

When to a mom and pop shop locally and they provided an 1 hour later all my tracking numbers for next day delivery.

Beware do not engage this company they will be deceitful. lie to you and have no respect for you.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2011-12-03

"I'll ask the same question as was posted in one of the reviews below. What's the point of having a re-sale site if you are not selling? I placed an order, which was confirmed with an order number, just to get an e-mail later saying they can't accept a payment by credit card and I have to wire the money. My question 'Why?' was answered (take a wild guess): 'You have to wire the money'. I asked my dad to try and place an order. His order was also not accepted saying 'It's your daughter's order' (we all live at the same address). Are these people out of their minds???? Never shop here again!"

2011-12-01

"Whats the point of shopping here when you order something, and they call and say we cant ship it to you"

2011-11-14

"Easily the worst buy I made in Canada so far.
One product was incorrectly listed and they don't accept it.
And the other one, which I had chosen because it was 'in stock', was actually not in stock...

I'll never buy with them again.

Ps.: And I'm not even mentioning the really really poor customer support."

2011-11-10

"Do not order here. Placed an order yesterday for five 2TB Seagate drives - they were listed as in stock - the order was confirmed.

Today I received a call from a CDW rep stating that the price for the drives had increased by over 50% due to the flooding in Thailand. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said that there inventory systems weren't real-time and they were out of stock and to order new drives they would have to raise their prices. Further she wouldn't admit that they were raising their prices but insisted that it wasn't their problem.

I canceled the order.

If you need to know if a product is in stock shop don't shop at CDW. Never had an e-tailer call me up after an order was placed to raise prices by 50% - would say that was a bit deceptive.

AVOID!!

2011-10-25

"Ordered two hard drives and they called me back and said they couldn't fulfill the order because it was for resale. Really??!"

2011-10-15

"The Worst company online! I placed an order and got the confirmation; next day I got e-mail with a quote that had an order number, and the next day when I login it displays the order as cancelled! With no notification!

I buy a lot online but the are THE WORST ever"

2011-09-20

"Worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. Don't ever purchase anything from these people."

Share CDW.com's store rating

CDW.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CDW.com is not a merchant member
CDW.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!