• Rating 1.33/10 76 reviews

CDW.com is not a merchant member
    CDW.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • CDW.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10

"Do not buy from this company. Ordered something from them, received confirmation with order #. The order was canceled without any email or call notification. I had to called to find out 3 days later. Til today, there is still no notification regarding the cancelation. "

"HORRIBLE SERVICE, AFTER EMAIL CONFIRMATION OF ORDER. 2 DAYS LATER ORDER GOT CANCELED DUE TO "OVERSALE" DIDNT EXPECT THIS AT ALL. TERRIBLE, NEVER BUYING FROM YOU AGAIN"

"Ordered about $3500 worth of networking stuff. Card was charged. Then I get a call from my account representative, demanding that I wire the money. Money wired. Bank charged me fee for that.

After that, I am told by account rep that one of my items is no longer available and I have to order a more expensive one. After that, he finds the item still available.

Few days later, he calls me saying that in order for them to ship it, I MUST order support contract. I had no way out of that, since money already wired, and order support. Charged my VISA card. Again, they demand that I wire the money. Another bank fee charged.

Few days after that, they send me revised quote that also includes SHIPPING!!! for a support plan.

As of 8/25/2011, items are still not shipped. I have no way of cancelling the order because wire transfer been completed. Never again, I will come back to CDW.

"My co-workers and myself included received a mass email today (Thursday) from CDW.com in response to our HP Touchpad orders. These orders were submitted and confirmed on Monday morning. Why it took CDW 3-4 days to send an apology “we can’t fill your confirmed order” is beyond me. I don’t understand how an online business, one which uses automation on their site, can’t tell if they have something in stock. I’m not mad that they didn’t had the devices in stock. I’m completely pi$$ed that they didn’t tell me until now. My local Best Buy had these in stock for a few hours yesterday. I would have gone there had I known CDW couldn’t deliver. What is also aggravating, is that we purchase all of our company equipment through CDW. I would never recommend these guys again after this debacle. "

"Purchased a HP touchpad for them. Never got a contact back telling me it was cancelled. Infact it the order just disappeared. After contacting them they simply laughed it off and told me it was out of stock when I ordered. I offered proof that it was indeed in stock and they stopped communicating with me all together. Don't do business with them. If you are not a large company buying lots of products from them they will treat you like you don't exist."

"Horrible customer service. Linda Mahon refused to return multiple emails I sent regarding an order that never arrived. Will not ever order from CDW again."

"This is only my recent experience. I decided to ordered a product as described online due to low price. I then get an e-mail with a different product. I called and chatted online after I could not contact my rep about this discrepancy. Another rep did say that CDW listed info that manufacturers supply them, but is there no quality control? I think it's bait and switch and they don't care if consumers are misled! Also, my shipping suddenly got more expensive at the final confirmation page for no reason. The service was good, after talking to 2 reps. Bottom-line is, I cannot recommend an online retailer that does not value accuracy. Even after I informed the of such a blatant error, no one seemed concerned! CDW.com seemed like a reputable retailer at first, but I won't be purchasing anything in the future. Luckily, I caught the error before having to go through the nightmare of returning/reversing charges, etc. "

"Terrible. Ordered a laptop they advertised. Order went through. Confirmation email sent that day and completion email sent as well. Waited 3 days and never got shipping info. Checked site and my order was cancelled without notifying me. Contacted customer support and they said "Your order was canceled because that item is not available for sale. CDW had posted that item on our website in error." Won't be shopping here again. Good thing I checked my account, otherwise that Christmas present would be missing under the tree.

"CDW has great pricing and fast shipping. They have been quick to issue an RMA when requested."

"First of all, let me say that CDW used to be a great company. I did business with them for years. But things have changed. I purchased an HP business desktop from CDW and asked them to install an additional graphics card. At the same time, I bought an HP service contract from CDW for next day on-site support. I asked if it covered everything in the computer, and the sales rep said it covered all of the hardware. Last week, the graphics card they installed burned out, and the HP tech arrived today to replace it. But when he saw the burned out card, he refused to replace it because CDW had installed a non-HP card. You see, HP service contracts only cover HP components. So now I have to pay $100 to replace the card, plus at least another $100 for a tech to install it and reconfigure the computer. If I had ordered the computer directly from HP, the card would have been covered. I contacted CDW, and they said I didn’t have any proof that the salesperson had told me all of the hardware was covered. And since I didn’t receive the written HP service contract until after I’d been using the computer, there wouldn’t have been anything I could have done even if I’d read the fine print. I can’t fault HP, because that’s there policy, and CDW admits they are aware of it. Moral of this story: don’t buy anything from CDW if you can buy it directly from the manufacturer. And if a CDW salesperson promises you something, get it in writing. "

"I ordered a HP Xeon server and some memory for it for the office on 05/03. It was carefully packaged and I received a PDF invoice the same day. A couple of days later it arrived without any problems. I have no complaints about doing business with CDW; the experience was a very good one. The shipping was fast and the prices were competitive."

"I ordered (and have always ordered) Lenovo desktop computers from them. They give our business special pricing and accept our Tax Exempt status. Never had problems with pricing, but I do most of my purchasing by emailing my Rep. The few times that I ordered the wrong items, they took it back with no problem and just a small restocking fee."

"Ordered 4 HP workstations. They arrived quickly and just as expected. I have purchased from CDW for my company before and have never had any issues."

"As with others, I ordered a Nikon lens for $289, thinking it was a sale from the going online price of $400 or so at the time. I was called twice to confirm my address, and even had to send a copy of my driver's license. After about a week, the order shipped.

When I received the lens, it included an invoice for $658, over double what I had agreed to pay. CDW would not adjust the price, and only requested that I send the lens back. As I needed the lens for my work, I have since filed a dispute with my credit card company.

I will be telling every client in my IT business to avoid CDW like the plague from now on. They are crooks, plain and simple.

"Ordered a lens advertised from CDW for $289. Got confirmation email and then shipping email. Received lens and thought everything was great.

Then I got my credit card bill. They charged me an extra $300 WITHOUT even contacting me by phone or email. Emailed and contacted them by phone only for them to tell me they'll make arrangements to get the lens back of offer only $100 back of my $300.

I have since contacted the BBB (Please contact the BBB and file a simple online complaint if you have issues with this company) and I also filed a dispute with my credit card.

Stay away!