Product & services pricing Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10

"Just a weird company with horrible customer service. I placed an order using my Paypal debit Mastercard, which I have never had a single problem with on any other site...for years. After placing the order, I get a voicemail from a CDW sales rep saying there's a problem with my order and will I call him. I call the person who left the message and had to leave voicemail. No call back. Called again a few times, emailed. Nothing. Called customer service. She puts me on hold, then the guy who called me to begin with picks up. He tells me they don't accept anything with Paypal on it. A Paypal Mastercard. Really? Well, I won't bore you with the rest of the story. Suffice it to say that I tried to use my bank debit Mastercard. He said the order would ship that day. But that did not work. Talked to a couple more people there today and finally gave up. Told them to cancel the order. What a waste of time. (And now, having zero confidence in CDW, how can I be sure my order is actually cancelled? There's still a preauthorization on my bank card, which I hope goes away.)

I do not understand how a business can function like this. I bought from them because they are local in the Chicago area, had stock on a hard to find item and had a good online price. I have honestly never had an experience like this with any other company. Do they want business or not? How can they possibly survive when competing against places like Amazon? Now, reading all the other reviews, I really wonder how they are in business at all.

Their site is pretty nice and the appearance is totally reputable. But that's where it stops. Stay away!

modified review This review was modified by konkrete on April 13 2012 07:12:20 PM

"We purchased from CDW back in 2005 and haven't purchased anything since. Then out of the blue, we got a charge on our credit card! Coincidentally we have had no charges from them until now, when our credit card is going to expire at the end of this month. Seems very suspicious to me! We called them about it and they threw us into voice mail. Of course we're disputing the charge with our credit card company... Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that they keep your credit card numbers on file!! Beware!!"

"I have a commercial account and a dedicated representative but that said they do their best to see that I am happy. They have access to a lot of resources that I would not be able to take advantage of otherwise and they can get me the products that I need. Very helpful in my business."

"This company is a joke!
I placed an order for 2 Samsung drives on Nov. 27. I got an order confirmation. Then on Dec. 5 I got a Backorder notification email stating "Once the items are secured, we will ship them to you" with an est. ship date of 12/22/11. On 12/16/11 upon checking on the status of my order I found out that it had been cancelled. I emailed them and got an email back saying that they needed to confirm my order and I did not call them to confirm therefore the order got cancelled. I had already gotten a confirmation email from them and it did not say anywhere that I needed to RE-CONFIRM my order.
The sales rep Thomas Howell is a lying sack of s*#t for never calling calling me nor sending a single email to inform me that he had cancelled my order. Apparently what happened was that I placed my order for the drives at $79 each as advertised then when the items were back in stock they raised the price to $189.99 EACH. They refused to fill the order at the original advertised price so they cancelled my order. That's 140% increase in price.
They are the absolute worst company to do business with.
BE AWARE!

"Everyone is being decent on this post.

I will start by telling you I will never buy anything from these MF...They are a joke, I was trying to find out the status of my order and sales rep would not answer my calls until I blocked my number and his response was he was on the phone saw my number but did not have the courtesy of calling me back, what and idiot. My order was suppose to be shipped next day air and four day later they did not have an answer for me. Mind you everything was in stock. In my 20 of doing business they are without a doubt worst company I have dealt with.

When to a mom and pop shop locally and they provided an 1 hour later all my tracking numbers for next day delivery.

Beware do not engage this company they will be deceitful. lie to you and have no respect for you.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'll ask the same question as was posted in one of the reviews below. What's the point of having a re-sale site if you are not selling? I placed an order, which was confirmed with an order number, just to get an e-mail later saying they can't accept a payment by credit card and I have to wire the money. My question 'Why?' was answered (take a wild guess): 'You have to wire the money'. I asked my dad to try and place an order. His order was also not accepted saying 'It's your daughter's order' (we all live at the same address). Are these people out of their minds???? Never shop here again!"

"Whats the point of shopping here when you order something, and they call and say we cant ship it to you"

"Easily the worst buy I made in Canada so far.
One product was incorrectly listed and they don't accept it.
And the other one, which I had chosen because it was 'in stock', was actually not in stock...

I'll never buy with them again.

Ps.: And I'm not even mentioning the really really poor customer support.

"Do not order here. Placed an order yesterday for five 2TB Seagate drives - they were listed as in stock - the order was confirmed.

Today I received a call from a CDW rep stating that the price for the drives had increased by over 50% due to the flooding in Thailand. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said that there inventory systems weren't real-time and they were out of stock and to order new drives they would have to raise their prices. Further she wouldn't admit that they were raising their prices but insisted that it wasn't their problem.

I canceled the order.

If you need to know if a product is in stock shop don't shop at CDW. Never had an e-tailer call me up after an order was placed to raise prices by 50% - would say that was a bit deceptive.

AVOID!!

"Ordered two hard drives and they called me back and said they couldn't fulfill the order because it was for resale. Really??!"

"The Worst company online! I placed an order and got the confirmation; next day I got e-mail with a quote that had an order number, and the next day when I login it displays the order as cancelled! With no notification!

I buy a lot online but the are THE WORST ever

"Worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. Don't ever purchase anything from these people."

"Do not buy from this company. Ordered something from them, received confirmation with order #. The order was canceled without any email or call notification. I had to called to find out 3 days later. Til today, there is still no notification regarding the cancelation. "

"HORRIBLE SERVICE, AFTER EMAIL CONFIRMATION OF ORDER. 2 DAYS LATER ORDER GOT CANCELED DUE TO "OVERSALE" DIDNT EXPECT THIS AT ALL. TERRIBLE, NEVER BUYING FROM YOU AGAIN"

"Ordered about $3500 worth of networking stuff. Card was charged. Then I get a call from my account representative, demanding that I wire the money. Money wired. Bank charged me fee for that.

After that, I am told by account rep that one of my items is no longer available and I have to order a more expensive one. After that, he finds the item still available.

Few days later, he calls me saying that in order for them to ship it, I MUST order support contract. I had no way out of that, since money already wired, and order support. Charged my VISA card. Again, they demand that I wire the money. Another bank fee charged.

Few days after that, they send me revised quote that also includes SHIPPING!!! for a support plan.

As of 8/25/2011, items are still not shipped. I have no way of cancelling the order because wire transfer been completed. Never again, I will come back to CDW.

CDW.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CDW.com is not a merchant member
CDW.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!