• Address: 1105 Industry Road Lexington, KY

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.19/10 0.19/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.04/10 1.04/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.38/10 0.38/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.31/10 0.31/10

"So far I am afraid I might be the latest Bud's victim. I placed my order(Sccy CPX-1 Gen2 TT) on 1-12-13 and it is still sitting in "processing" status. I've never used Bud's before but I think, even with the current gun market the way it is, that the wait to even ship is excessive, since the item was supposedly in stock. Maybe if they didn't take the full amount of money from you up front it would be easier to swallow but they DO. They've got your money held hostage and you are afraid to cancel the order since you will lose 10% of the order price to their "restocking" fee. I could've bought the same pistol for $10 cheaper at the last gun show(this past weekend), saved the FFL fee, AND had the gun in my hands. But I was afraid of getting hit with that 10% penalty from Bud's for cancellation so I foolishly didn't do it. Now who knows HOW long I will have to wait???? I think this will be my 1st AND last Bud's purchase!"

"I have been a big fan of Buds for a while and do not "live in the sticks" but live in one of the biggest city's in the U.S. I ordered on 12-21-12 and have yet to receieve any other update besides "processing". Continued to be patient as of today 1-24-13 but starting to really debate whether I will EVER use buds again, if I even receive the gun ive ordered now. Thanks"

modified review This review was modified by gunownerfornow on January 24 2013 08:32:28 AM

"It only took Bud's 14 days to ship my Tisas. Pretty impressive"

"I read most of the recent reviews on this site before my purchase at Bud's, and still went ahead with it. I think all the one star reviews are from guys living out in the sticks with absolutely no clue as to what's going on out there in the real world. They should turn on the news or read a newspaper.

I called around to all my local gun shops over a few days and NONE of them answered their phones. So, I had to go out and pound the pavement. Gun shops are absolutely swarmed with people right now. It's insane.

At one gun shop, I got there an hour before they opened on a weekday and there was already a long line waiting to get in. When I got inside, the place was almost empty of inventory. It looked like they were going out of business. I couldn't even buy a magazine or 9mm ammo.

After talking to one of the salesman at the last shop I tried, he convinced me to buy a second Glock while they are still legal (even though they didn't have any in stock). I did an internet search when I got home, and Bud's was the only place I could find that had the one I was looking for in stock.

I purchased the gun online on the 11th and had it shipped to another gun store near me. They didn't rake me over the coals in terms of price despite the limited availability, and it was there on the 18th with free shipping! For as crazy as it is out there right now, Bud's is pretty awesome in my book.

"Ok, it now as been 13 Business Days (17 Calander Days) since my order was place, oh yea and my money taken. I was lead to believe my order will ship within 7-10 business days, we are now outside of those parameters. My order was only changed to shipping on the 18th due to my call, will ship with 7-10 business days means it will be on the way to my FFL. In stock item says that it is your physical possession not waiting for it arrive at your location from a third party then shipped. So what is the explanation for this misleading information?

This is from BGS FAQ's:

Our firearms are located throughout our warehouses by make and model. We normally process and ship handguns more quickly than long guns due to their proximity to our shipping department and ease of handling. We also keep all firearms with highest sales volume closest to the shipping department to expedite processing and shipping. We commit to ship all firearms within 7 business days of completing your order. However, our goal is always to ship ASAP.

modified review This review was modified by dzmc1w on January 23 2013 09:21:07 AM

"Ordered an in stock gun on 12/31. 3 weeks later and it has not shipped. Cannot reach customer service to cancel order. Phone system hangs up on you after waiting on hold constantly. Horrible company to do business with."

"Ordered an "in-stock" Taurus 809 Compact on 12/29 with a stated shipping time of 7-10 days. It is now 16 business days without the slightest indication of when my pistol might ship. Communication is nearly impossible, and my "order exception" inquiries, calls, and attempted emails have gone unanswered. They did, however, manage to charge my card immediately. This is BY FAR the worst online shopping experience I have ever endured, and have had to cancel and reschedule my CCW class at MY expense. I have filed a dispute with my bank and there's NO WAY IN HELL I'm paying their 10% "restocking" fee. AVOID BUD'S LIKE THE PLAGUE!

EDIT: Allegedly being issued a full refund. We'll see.

Meanwhile, a CS drone responded to one of my "order exceptions"

Fri, Jan 18 2013 11:13pm
Due to the complete lack of communication and 15-business day delay, I am disputing the charge on my card. This is BY FAR my least favorite, most annoying, most-assured-to-never-return online attempted purchase ever. I seriously don't know how you stay in business if this is a normal level of communication with your very patient customers.

Message ID BGS-322857
Mon, Jan 21 2013 2:33pm - Stephanie P
Dear Mr. Wolfe,

I apologize for any inconvenience with your order. We have been receiving excessive amounts of orders since the beginning of the Holiday Season. We have been working very hard to get the orders processed and shipped out. Your order is ready to go to our shipping department at this time. Please let me know how you wish to proceed meaning proceeding with order or cancelling order and issuing refund.

Best Regards,
Stephanie
BudsGunShop.com
Mon, Jan 21 2013 2:42pm
If I wasn't COMPLETELY CLEAR, issue me a 100% refund and kindly lose my contact information after that. Failing a full, 100% refund, I will pursue satisfaction through legal means.
Mon, Jan 21 2013 2:48pm - Stephanie P
Dear Mr. Wolfe,

I apologize for making sure that I was understanding you correctly. I am here to help so I think that your previous comment was uncalled for. Per your request, I have cancelled your order and your refund will be issued.

Mon, Jan 21 2013 2:54pm
UNCALLED FOR?! Are you crazy? No human being with 2 functioning brain cells could be left wondering what I meant. You work for a business that INTENTIONALLY makes it difficult to contact them, has HORRIBLE communication, hasn't followed through on ANYTHING (except charge my card) and it's "uncalled for" to mention that I'd pursue other avenues if necessary? That is rich. I will be certain to tell every single soul I come into contact with that, not only does your company suck out loud, you'll SCOLD PEOPLE who aren't super-pleased with your business practices. Get bent.
Mon, Jan 21 2013 3:03pm - Stephanie P
I assure you that I am not crazy. I assure you that you evidently do not understand the extreme amount of phone calls that we receive from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and the extreme amount of orders that we have been processing. I was trying to assist you but if belittling me for trying to help is your approach, then I apologize for getting offended. I hope that you have a pleasant day.

modified review This review was modified by TeamDub on January 21 2013 12:08:37 PM

"I ordered a DE on the 9th, they were disappearing fast off the web. Paid with Credit card insured the purchase.
It arrived at the FFL on the 16th.
No beef for me....

"Horrible experience. Ordered "in-stock", was then and still is, Taurus 40 cal on 12-28-12. Went to processing almost immediately. Took my money almost immediately. No updates, except for the one telling me shipping in general was delayed at Bud's, but look at these other great guns! 1-14-13 rolls around and I start looking at reviews, other than the seemingly genuine stellar ones that go along with their guns. Decide to avoid asinine %10 restocking fee and filed a dispute with my credit card, under almost certainty my handgun was not coming. Money was returned to card on 1-15-13 from credit card company. Today is 1-17-13, and order is still processing on Bud's website. They're ruining themselves fast, quick, and in a hurry. Side Note- Went to local dealer and purchased a different gun on the same day I filed the dispute. Picked up the gun 2 days later. I've filed a dispute, got my money back, bought a new gun, have said gun in hand, and Bud's is still processing an "in-stock" item from 12-28-12. Pathetic, disgraceful, and embarrassing for an american arms dealer."

modified review This review was modified by shibby0635 on January 17 2013 08:46:31 AM

"Awful experience with this company.

I placed an order for an IN-STOCK firearm on 12/28/2012. The company promised shipping within 7-10 business days. The order status went to "processing" on that same date. Because the holiday season just passed, as well as an obvious spike in gun sales, I patiently waited.

On the 11th business day, the order was still in the "processing" stage. I called the company on that day (I was shocked I was able to speak with someone with a wait of less than 20 minutes). The employee assured me that as soon as I placed my order, my firearm was put aside. I then asked why it has not shipped yet if they've had it all along. He kept telling me he didn't know. I then asked WHEN it would ship. Again, he didn't know.

I've sent in status requests (also called Order Exception), but they have not responded. Calls to the company now are unsuccessful. You'll get lost in a bunch of transfers, hear a ton of recordings and eventually the call will end. And the recording will remind you that there is a 10% cancellation fee because their company is not set up to handle cancellations by customers. And because they claim that they have my firearm, I will be charged that fee...which I assume is to re-stock it.

So here I am...the end of the 13th business day. I've been charged a substantial amount of money. I have no product....no clue if it will ever ship....a company who appears to have simply disappeared.

The company has no e-mail address. Their phone number is long distance, so I hope you got some minutes on your phone for the wait times. What I don't understand is that others who have placed orders AFTER I did have received their items. I find that odd since THEY CLAIM THEY HAVE HAD MY FIREARM ALL ALONG.

Bottom line: Buds claims to have had my firearm since 12/28/2012, but they will not advise me why they have not shipped it. I have received no further information from them. Awful, awful experience.

modified review This review was modified by Tactical757 on January 16 2013 02:43:43 PM

"Terrible - avoid! I placed my order for an IN-STOCK item. 17 days later, it still hasn't shipped. No live person to talk to about my order. My only option is to cancel at a 10% fee. A fee to cancel, not to return. "

"Can you give zero stars because they Friggen SUCK. Stop Taking peoples hard earned money if you can not deliver a product! Ordered Rem 870 Super Mag Dec 26, 2012 and still Friggen waiting. What the "F" how in the hell can it take this long they don"t have any good guns left. They are lucky I don't live closer to Kentucky. Very Satisfied Customer ya right
Never ever will I order from this company again F U BudsGunShop

"Well folks, I ordered a Maverick 88 from Buds on 12/31/12, and was given a shipping time frame of 7-10 business days. Today, 1/15/13, makes it officially business day 11, and my order is still in the "processing" stage. Some key facts that I'd like to point out are (1)the night I placed my order, the Maverick was in stock according to the website. Maybe an hour or two after I had placed the order, the Maverick was changed to out of stock status, so I figured "ok, maybe I got the last one". This was also a day or two before they instituted the "tortoise" and "hare" product rates. (2)As of today, 1/15/13, the Maverick 88 is now listed in stock with a "hare" indicator. And my order is still in the processing stage. (3)If you check the Maverick 88 on their site, someone had received theirs as recently as 1/9/13.

I sent a message through their contact us/order exception option, simply asking for an update on my order and a prompt response.

I understand there are delays due to circumstances which is why I patiently waited till one day after the end of the shipping time frame they provided.

I will update this review as soon as anything happens, but for now Buds gets 2 stars out 5, due to lack of a delay notification and also for going past the time frame they gave me. I will adjust the rating according to their actions within the next 24-48 hours.

"My guess is that BGS had a recent change of management. I purchased three guns from BGS that, while I wouldn't call speedy, none the less, I was pleased with the transactions.

Then on 12/3/12 I placed an order for a Ruger SR9C. It was shipped (UPS insured) on 12/11/12, estimated delivery date of 12/13, then changed to 12/14, then to 12/17, and finally to 12/18/12. I placed a trace on 12/18 and after another 10 days, got a "claim issued" status from UPS on 1/4. I was then told by BGS that they were out of stock on this gun and couldn't get any more. So, I asked for a refund. It is now 1/11/13 and I'm still waiting for my refund. This is very, very poor customer service.

Did I learn from that? Sorry to say, no, I didn't. In the interim, on 12/23/12, I placed an order for a Bersa Thunder 380 for the wife. I put it on the credit card and paid the full price (to avoid the 5-day wait "for the funds to clear") because she needed it for her upcoming CHL class. Big surprise, we had to re-schedule the class from 12/28/12 to 1/19/13. My order was stuck in "Pending" status for 11 days, and has finally been move into "Shipping" status for another 2 days, and counting. Again, very, very poor service. If they have that much business, then they need to hire an extra person or two to work in shipping!!!

Then there was my attempt at ordering a Walther PPQ. Their website indicated they had stock and it took my order, then I got a call the next day saying that they were out of stock and didn't know when they would get any more. I cancelled the order and rather than wait for them to process my refund, I contacted my bank and placed a stop order on the electronic check. Looking back, that was a smart move on my part. There is no doubt in my mind that if I hadn't stopped payment, I would still be waiting for my refund for this transaction.

So, here it is mid January and I'm still waiting for my refund for the lost shipment ordered over a month ago, and also still waiting for my wife's gun to ship. If I ever get my refund and merchandise, I will never, ever, ever, deal with BGS again.

"Placed an order for Glock G21 back on Dec 3rd, then was told shipping was delayed over & over. Finally got a call today over a month later, there was a shipping error they made and I have two choices. I can re-purchase another G21 for an additional $150 or cancel my order with a full refund to my CC + $50 credit for my trouble. I felt like they tried a bait & switch on me becuse of the current buying frenzy that is taking place. Instead of taking a small loss for thier mistake, which I'm sure I'd make up with future purchases. They lost a customer for life and I'll make sure to inform as many people as possible what happen to me."

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member
Bud's Gun Shop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!