• Bud's Gun Shop

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.20/10 2.20/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.04/10 2.04/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.20/10 0.20/10

"Buds's Gun Shop is a sleezy company known for false advertising on black friday "door buster sales" and horrible customer service. They have routinely sent me the wrong gun before TWICE and employ incompetent individuals. "

modified review This review was modified by HTexan on November 29 2014 12:55:41 AM

"Loss leader ads and bait and switch scammers. Should have read the Better Business Bureau reviews on Bud's Guns before trying to do business with them. "

modified review This review was modified by ShowGunShooter on November 28 2014 11:45:05 PM

"Several problems with Buds Gun shop. THe latest being their black friday scam mentioned in several other posts. While this particular scam was surprising, its consistent with Bud's business motto. On a daily basis, the prices they advertise on their website reflect whats called the cash discount price. You won't actually get the gun for that price unless you use some form of cash payment. Of course, with the cash payment it apparently takes about a week to process the payment. Using a credit card adds 3% tax to the purchase but does process a little faster. This is an unusual practice all around. Another issue with Buds is there ridiculously slow turn around on purchases. Add slow shipping processes to that and you will understand why I no use or recommend Buds anymore."

"I spent over an hour the morning of Black Friday loading and reloading the site while trying to check out with black Friday specials. I actually had both the Canik s-120 and Emperor 12ga shotgun in my cart, after the site had crashed several dozen times, but when I finally got back to my cart and tried to check out the site crashed again. This happened many more times until one time it took me to the next page asking me to select an FFL, and I thought I was finally going to make it. I selected the in-store pickup and when I continued it crashed yet again. When I finally got back in, after at least 5 minutes of getting error pages, one of items was showing out of stock. I tried to continue and purchase the remaining item but the site crashed yet again... several times. Eventually I got back in and the second item was listed at full price. It's absurd that a web based business can't provide a better experience than this.
If I had just been too slow to get the items in my cart and pay then I could totally accept that, but the fact that I couldn't get the deals because their site was continually crashing is completely unacceptable at all levels. To compound it I saw the black friday ad on their facebook page and an hour after the sale started I saw a LOT of very negative comments from frustrated people who had the same experience I did. I was sad to see that later in the day Buds had removed all of those comments from their page as well as the black friday ad itself. That sure looks shady and leads me to believe this isn't a company I want to do business with. I still haven't seen anyone identified that was actually able to purchase one of those items and many people have reported similar problems on black friday of last year. VERY DISAPPOINTING

modified review This review was modified by gotITgood on November 28 2014 08:59:31 PM

"Black Friday 2014 - The site had problems and affected some more than others, but the deletion of Facebook posts even those neutral and constructive show what they think of their customers. I don't care about the doorbusters. I care how I am treated and Buds customer service was a huge disappointment this day.
Customer service should be added to your business plan.

modified review This review was modified by focdevo on November 28 2014 08:24:17 PM

"Updated the price of items while still in customer's carts during "door buster" sale.

Website was down, sale started on time, but "door buster" deals were not added until 20 minutes later. Listed as out of stock. Even with items in cart, they were changed to "sold out" or a higher price during checkout.

Censored comments on facebook, deleted all negative comments, as well as their original advertisement. Disabled wall posts. Left comments open, selectively deleted negative comments to spread a false image.

No apologies, overcharged some customers by switching prices. Denied sales to many others. Had plenty of items in stock at full price after. Crooks. They also charge a "restock fee" for cancelled orders, so people overcharged will have to pay to cancel the order they never intended to make.

Do not deal with these criminals. False advertisement and poor business practices, no respect for customers and no accountability for their mistakes.

Phone lines were not open, when phone lines opened an hour later, they were not answered. Customers were directed to email, while email was broken, leaving no contact. Comments on facebook were again, deleted. Pretended nothing happened.

modified review This review was modified by justinuk1 on November 28 2014 07:22:09 PM

"Bait and Switch at it's finest. Bud's Gunshop has been actively deleting comments and reviews about their awful Black Friday sale on social media, nor are they responding to emails in regards to what they plan to do to right the wrongs they have made today.

These items were not available at the sale price they advertised from 8a-8pm. They went back to full price at 9am. Plus, it was impossible to make the purchase this morning due to the constant crashing of their website.

modified review This review was modified by XBattles on November 28 2014 06:59:49 PM

"Avoid this place like the plague. I fell for the Black Friday scam just like everyone else! Bait & Switch was just the beginning of what I am dealing with now. I think they just use this as a tool to make money off of unsuspecting customers. It's easy money for them. I am out my hard earned money and don't have anything to show for it! What a scam! I will never ever buy from Bud's again!"

modified review This review was modified by Stanley_Jobson on November 28 2014 04:42:09 PM

"This black friday they offered some amazing deals starting at 8am. However their website was down from 7:45-9am. They said they sold out of their items by 8:05am and the items were out of stock. However, they have the item in stock at full price. They have deleted hundreds if not thousands of comments and posts on their facebook page."

"Horrible service once again on Black Friday happened last year same problems with the website this year again .Don't think is a coincidence look more like a premeditated act trying to get traffic to the web site."

"Bait and Switch tactics and below poor customer dis-service."

modified review This review was modified by Scott14719 on November 28 2014 02:23:24 PM

"Terrible day with Bud's. First.... AND LAST... time customer with them. Spend an hour and a half loading and reloading site while trying to check out with black Friday specials. Had the items in my care... site crash... get back in several minutes later, try to check out.. site crash. Go to checkout again.. one of items is now out of stock. Try to buy the others.. site crash. Again and again. Finally get to a point that only one items in my cart is left 'in stock'. Get to the next point of check out and the site hangs on the FFL page. Eventually (after about 10 minute), site loads, go to the payment and the gun is at full price. Contact store and did get a response. Basically, oh well, not our issue. Terrible service and site support."

modified review This review was modified by mspaulin on November 28 2014 12:11:15 PM

"Screw me one, shame on you. I'm all about 2nd chances, so shame on me. No one I know will buy from you again."

modified review This review was modified by bsonoma on November 28 2014 09:51:05 AM

"Won't ever order from Bud's. I was a first time customer wanting to take advantage of Black Friday deals. Site conveniently crashed 2 minutes before sale started. 10 minutes later, site temporarily came up. Long enough to add a gun to my cart. Clicked "continue shopping" to add more guns and the site "crashed" again. Came back up, added another gun. Crashed again. Repeated same process again. Had all 3 guns in my cart and site "crashed" when I clicked checkout. Then came back and one gun was "sold out" while it was in my cart. Crashed again and another gun was sold out when it came back up. That happened again making all 3 guns I had in my cart sold out. So didn't get the deal. Nobody online has confirmed they got the deal. Classic bait and switch by Bud's. Won't respond to complaints. Deleting posts from their Facebook page. Shady business! Stay away!"

"Went on their site on Black Friday early found item I wanted placed it in my cart and went to checkout.. waited and waited and waited and waited and after 40 minutes trying to check out the item was out of stock, Very poor performance for any website. I will never shop there because of this disappointing experience. "

Share Bud's Gun Shop's store rating

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member
Bud's Gun Shop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!