• Address: 1105 Industry Road Lexington, KY

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.25/10 0.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.60/10 0.60/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.28/10 0.28/10

"Do NOT buy from these guys. Total rip-off artists. Unlike most reputable gun dealers, because of the current shortage, they are marking up any firearm in short supply 50% to 100% - it's called "gouging" and illegal - but they do it anyway. Rifles that retail for $900 they are pricing at $1900 due to the shortage. Where honest dealers put you on a wait list, and still sell the same rifle at normal retail prices as they get them in, Buds is jacking up the price as far as they think they can get away with and sucker someone into paying. Don't deal with these crooks."

"DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
Its buyer beware! for every person that gets a order filled and is
happy there are hundreds not. I have bought 10k worth of guns from them and in only 6 months some came fast and what they promised but others were nightmares and I was a VIP customer which you get no special deals or treatment its a hoax. the lies is what did me in
just read all the reviews and you'll see not just from me. tried to comment on the face book,deleted. you cant commet on their you tube videos and any negitive they delete, Why? they want to fool you and they also deleted my buds account for bad reviews. Please there are so many companies that deserve your bussiness and they care and yes everyone is slow right now but these companies do't lie then make a you tube video with no comments to cober it up. their scared and now make them pay for their disloyalty.

"purchased 6 guns from buds over the past 4 years never had a single problem with them. they have always had the best prices on the guns i seek even after the transfer fee. its unfortunate that people who have a negative experience are more likely to leave a bad review than a good review from a happy customer. will continue to use buds for all my gun needs. "

"Be Careful about believing "Discount". When my rifle arrived at local gunstore, I happened to see the same new rifle with a retail price of $75.00 cheaper. The local store would not have charged me the credit card upcharge or the processing fee by
purchasing from Buds. So by not checking local, I paid about 135.00 more for the same rifle. Take a fools advise and check local before buying from Buds. There comment was they do not guarantee to be cheaper. If you will notice they will delete any comment on there web site that does not apply to the product itself. They also requested that I would not write this review. Wonder why?

"Purchased my second gun from Bud's, but when they sent it to the FFL, it had the WRONG NAME on the gun, so I could not pick it up! Since they are "busy" they said they could only recall the item and then restock it. They said they deal with too many guns a day to try and find that one item I bought and resend it to me correctly, so I'd have to hope that I can buy it before someone else does once it is restocked!

Of course, with the "gun run" that is currently occurring, they put the item up for auction starting at twice the price that I paid for it.
And what's worse? THEY STILL CHARGED ME A RESTOCKING FEE (about $200) and A $25 RETURN FEE...When IT WAS THEIR FAULT!

When I called then, they said that they have to charge the restocking fee since it had to be returned...even though they admitted it was their mistake! Now I don't have the gun I wanted and Bud's basically stole money from me!

UNETHICAL CUSTOMER HANDLING!!! Do not buy from Bud's Gun Shop.

modified review This review was modified by Pugliese on February 18 2013 01:43:39 PM

"Customer service is terrible! I guess they just think if your not satisfied who cares. I bought a gun from the store and was very happy. I showed it to a friend of mine and they decided they would like one. They bought the same gun 3 days later for $73 cheaper. I went back to the store and never did get an answer. Best answer they could give me was they basicly charge what ever they feel like at the time. Still like my gun but they don't care about you because so many waiting in line. To many other gun stores to put up with this. Won't be back and hope any one who reads this will look else where."

"Yes I ordered a rifle from here on Jan-24-13 and they sent to FFL dealer and was checking on tracking number when this came up,ON FEB-05-13 A CORRECT STREET NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION / RETURNED TO SHIPPER and they recieved it back to them on FEB-07-13.Now I have called and was told it has got to go thru whole process again before they can reship my gun! It's now Feb-13-13 and still not shipped.Has had Rabbit on add whole time.I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS PLACE AGAIN.RATHER PAY A LITTLE MORE NEXT TIME FOR BETTER SERVICE. SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND GET BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE.BUDS YOU HAVE DONE A TERRIBLE JOB AND LOST A FUTURE SALE !! "

"Bought a Marlin XL7 .270 on January 4th. Experienced the same delays as everyone else on this review site. The rifle was finally delivered to my FFL on February 6th. I could never get through to them on the phone or email, however, I was able to communicate my frustrations through Facebook. (Yes, Facebook, of all places). I understand that there is a high demand for firearms nowadays, but failure to communicate to the purchaser will leave a bad taste in your mouth about this company. A simple apologetic email describing the delay would have been nice. Or any attempt at contacting me at all.

The firearm that was shipped is exactly what I paid for, so no complaints there. The bolt is really smooth and the finish is beautiful. Would I buy from Buds again? Maybe. But not now...

"I ordered 01/28 and it was shipped out today on feb 7th. This includes 5 days for e- check clearing. It wasn't that bad, just 5 business days to ship. I ordered a long gun with the rabbit next to it. Guaranteed 3-7 business days shipping. Will order from buds again. Be patient with em, all this chaos has them too big for their britches."

"i was charged for my order on 1/22 and was told my gun would ship in 7-10 businnes days. After waiting 10 business days with no communication i called them and was told it would be closer to 20 days , but they werent sure. I asked for a refund and they said no problem, i called back the next day to ask where my refund was and was told it would take 5 days. I was told by the supervisor that she used to work at a bank and thats just the way it is. Still waiting on my refund and never seen the gun. "

"Ordered Charter arms revolver on 2/1/13, received email and order #, checked my account later that night gun had been shipped, was given UPS tracking # 2/4/13 gun delivered to my FFL dealer 2/5/13, went really smooth. After I ordered it is when I found all the people complaining about slow shipping,hard time getting any answers on their order, I admit I stated getting a little nervous, but was relieved when I had a UPS tracking # on 2/4/13 I would order again, might be they have been swamped with orders since the talk of gun control, yea, when they take it from dead cold hands.
Goodolboy61 thinks everyone that gave 5 stars was a fake, if goodolboy61 is man enough to post an email I will send him a copy of my order, if not just SHUT UP.
2/17/14 goodolboy61 you need to get a life, bet you are a very unhappy person that finds fault in everybody and everything and nothing pleases you, just go away.

modified review This review was modified by SeabeeChief on February 20 2013 06:25:54 AM

"This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced!! The best thing you can do at this point is RUN!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!! They send your items to wrong addresses and then tell you that you are at fault and wont do anything to take responsibility for there mistakes. Now I am out on items they sent to the wrong address and just had UPS just leave on the porch!! Unbelievable!! I even verified that the shipping address was correct when I made the order and they still sent it to the wrong address and then to tell me "Tough" when I present them with the problem. Cant believe this company is even in business with this type of service, could only be a lack of options for people to buy firearms. I am confident that when firearm production catches up with demand this place will see a drop in sales and rightly so with this type of service. Worst experience ever!! I wouldn't buy from this company in the future even if they were the only company with life saving drugs!!

"I ordered my firearm on jan-8th and it went into precessing on the 9th. Didn't go into shipping status until the 25th. Shipped on the 28th and i recieved it on the 31st. Firearm came as stated at the best price i could find online. Acctually the day it came to me buds raised the price 50$. Because of the sandy hook shooting they have been having long delays in shipping. My advise is be patient. They are a reputable dealer. They even offered a full refund half way through, but i couldn't find the firwearm anywhere else within 100$ of there price, So i waited and it paid off."

modified review This review was modified by mitch21 on February 03 2013 06:28:59 PM

"First-time ordering from buds. Website works well, ordering process was a snap. They had a hard-to-find gun at the best price around, even with the credit card extra fee. Shipping was painfully slow, but this was during the Sandy Hook gun buying panic, so all retailers were absolutely swamped. And the Shot Show was going-on, with some of Buds staff tied-up there. Took nearly a month to get the gun, but everything was in-order, and it is not like I could have gotten it anywhere else faster or cheaper."

"I would not order from budsgun if I read the rating here. It seems I am very lucky:
I placed an order on 1/27/2013, the status changed to "processing" immediately, then "shipping" on 1/28/2013, monday. It is now (1/29/2013, Tuesday) "shipped" with a true UPS tracking #. I'll have my new toy in two days!

modified review This review was modified by miloy001 on January 29 2013 11:00:25 PM

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bud's Gun Shop is not a merchant member
Bud's Gun Shop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!