• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@biggerbooks.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-888-3
    • Customer Support: 1-888-388-9909
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.BiggerBooks.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday throug

Product & services pricing Rating 4.25/10 4.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"This website sold me a book and then said they didn't have the book they sold me. I just do not understand why any company would list an item for sale if they really didn't have the item listed. Maybe they anticipated people selling them used books and then they would resell, but maybe they should wait until they actually have the books at the warehouse before promising and charging a buyer. I find this practice unreasonable and I have seen a ton of reviews from various places for this reseller with the same exact story! Why does this keep happening? Most sellers of merchandise only charge your card when the item ships. This website takes the money out immediately and then it takes days to be put back on your card when they cancel your order. Usually businesses make a lot of money on repeat business but I don't think this company will get very many repeat customers if they continue doing business this way. I am frustrated as well because I ordered the same book from eCampus.com and then there was a delay on that as well. I have read that eCampus and biggerbooks are the same company. If I had known that I would never have ordered from eCampus either. I have assignments that were due last week and I still have not received my lab manual. My professor is probably looking at me like I am an irresponsible airhead when I am a 4.0 student just trying to save a little money. Next time I will order from a reputable company and eat the extra cost. It will be worth it to avoid the headaches."

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-07-2014

“Julie,

On our website we offer several different availabilities for items on our site. Because of the large variety of books we offer, we cannot always keep every book in stock. Your order had the availability of 2-3 business days. We expected this item to take 2-3 business days to process before shipping. Generally we are able to receive these books in the time frame listed. Keep in mind, however, that these are estimates based off of the shipping times of this publisher or distributor in our recent history. On rare occasions, orders may be delayed because of a change in availability after the item is ordered. Be assured, we made every effort to acquire the items you requested. I have applied $15 of in store credit to your account for use on a future order.

We appreciate your feedback!

Amanda
Customer Service Representative
Biggerbooks.com”

"The worst book seller ever. Unprofessional"

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-03-2014

“Abdelhay,

We apologize for any inconvenience. We are unable to ship your order due to a change in availability status by the supplier. As a result, we have cancelled and refunded your order. Be assured, we made every effort to acquire the items you requested. Please allow 3-5 business days for your refund to reflect back to your original method of payment. I have applied $15 of in store credit to your account for use on a future order.

Thank you for your feedback!

Amanda
Customer Service Representative
Biggerbooks.com”

"I bought a book in the beginning of the month, the next week I got an email saying that the item was out of stock and that they would notify me when my order will be processed, I waited approximately 2weeks until I contacted them. I had checked there website several times after the email that I got and the book was still being sold, it was in stock (as it seems to appear) but my order was never processed. When I contacted them, a representative told me that she will offer me a two day shipping upgrade for my wait, with no expected date of when they will have the book available. I called their company the same day and what do you know, the book is now available to them and they will ship it that night too (so I was told). The next day I received a tracking number but the expected date for delivery will be in a week. I contacted them again, and they said that the 2day shipping upgrade was never put in place and that there's nothing they can do about it. I have evidence that the representative said I will be upgraded. To this day I haven't received my book. Unless you would want to wait a month to get your book(that's at least a month, if you keep contacting them), then don't buy from this company."

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-30-2014

“Good Morning Guadalupe!

The order for ISBN 9781577661788 was placed 2 weeks ago and was unfortunately on a delay from the vendor. I apologize that you did not receive the shipping upgrade. I have issued $20 in store credit, to your Biggerbooks.com customer account, to allow for expedited shipping on a future order.

Have a wonderful day!

Biggerbooks.com”

"I ordered the book on 01/12/2014. According to the website at the time I ordered, the book is "currently available, Usually Ships in 24-48 Hours". They did not ship the book until 01/17 when I requested the cancellation of the order. When I try to track the book, I get the message from USPS that "Tracking information is not available at this time". As of today 01/25/14, I have not yet received the book. I will not order any book in the future from this website."

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-27-2014

“Good Morning!

Per USPS.com, tracking number 92419924911622581120860714,your order was delivered on 01/25. I have issued $30 in store credit to you as a courtesy for your inconvenience.

Thank you for allowing Biggerbooks.com to be your textbook provider! We appreciate the feedback!

Biggerbooks.com!”

"So I accidentally placed an order (thinking I could review my order again), but canceled it right after I placed it. The next day there was nothing telling me that it was canceled so I emailed them again. Later on the day, I got an email saying it had already shipped. On the third day, I finally received an answer but it was too late."

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-21-2014

“Gabriela,

I apologize for your inconvenience. By the time your email requesting cancellation was received your order had been shipped. As we are unable to cancel an item in transit I have set your account up to allow for a full refund. I have waived return shipping and 10% restocking fee as a courtesy to you.

Have a wonderful day!

Biggerbooks.com”

"Great condition, thank you!"

"Had to cancel the order, they were unable to get the book.
Don't like sites that charge before shipping, apparently they
do not have real time inventory.

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-31-2013

“Good Morning Grace!

As a courtesy for your inconvenience I have issued $15 in store credit to your customer account. We value you as a customer and appreciate the feedback.

Biggerbooks.com”

"Fast shipping & item in great condition!"

"Fast shipping. Good price."

"It was a smooth transaction. No problems whatsoever. I will be doing business with you folks again in the near future."

"Bigger Books had the item in stock and mailed quickly during the busy holiday season; I couldn't have asked for more. Thanks!"

"First they lost my account then the book says it is checked out even when it hasn't been. So now I can only read it online. "

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-27-2013

“Samantha,

I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Please see instructions for checking your ebook in, http://coursesmart.edusupportcenter.com/sims/helpcenter/layoutThree/SelfhelpArticleView.seam?parature_id=8070-8031-781&source=Selfhelp&rpage=kbArticleView&inst_name=support&role=student&cid=27163

Should you need additional assistance checking in your ebook don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team 1-888-388-9909.

Biggerbooks.com”

"Prompt service and item was as expected."

"Delivery was very fast. Product description is vague, though...had no idea I was ordering an e-book instead of an actual textbook."

"3 out of 4 books orders were delivered. Wish they would have emailed me about the 4th book. Had to sign in to figure out why I did not receive 4th book."

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-27-2013

“Mary,

Thank you for your feedback! I have issued $10 in store credit, for your inconvenience, to apply toward a future order!

BiggerBooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BiggerBooks.com is a merchant member
BiggerBooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,848 merchant members.