Stores > BiggerBooks.com

• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@biggerbooks.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-888-3
    • Customer Support: 1-888-388-9909
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.BiggerBooks.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday throug

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

2014-09-05

"We ordered a book almost a month ago. The money was taken out immediately but we still have not received the book. I have tried calling numerous times waiting on hold for up to an hour. I have left a message multiple times and still have not received a call back. I have sent multiple emails with no reply. I want this order cancelled and the amount refunded to my card. This is horrible customer service. Clearly you need to hire more people."

Rep reply posted Sep-05-2014

“Hi Chris,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. This is our busiest time of year and we responding to our customer’s calls and emails as quickly as possible. We are very sorry that we were experiencing a delay getting this book shipped to you and I have cancelled your order today. We ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be applied to the account that was charged. I have also applied $30.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account for the inconvenience that this issue has caused you. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.

2014-09-03

"I absolutely hate this site! i will not recommend it to anyone, they are full crap! I ordered my book on 8/28/14 and it is still not here, it's causing me to miss out on assignments and I am not a happy camper about it. This site should be banned and they need to get me my book here within the next day along with my money back because I am far from satisfied. Thanks for nothing, never will I ever do business here again. If I could rate this a negative 10 stars I would.

Sincerely,
An Unhappy Student

Rep reply posted Sep-04-2014

“Hi JeMiah,
I’m sorry to hear that you are having a difficult experience. Most books are shipped from our warehouse within 24- 48 hours. “Campbell Biology Concepts” has a processing timeframe of 2-3 business days. Our records indicate that your book was shipped from the publisher’s warehouse on 09/02/2014. The UPS tracking number for your order is 1Z6W418A0397051786 and according to UPS tracking your package is scheduled for delivery today 09/04/2014. I have applied $15.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.

2014-08-27

"I used this website for the first time last week because I was getting a good deal on a contracts textbook for law school--six days later, the book still hasn't been shipped. Customer service is apparently so busy that I'm on hold for a long time and when they finally do call back after I leave my #, it's an hour later when I'm in class. Waiting so long just to ship is simply unacceptable and I would never order from them again."

Rep reply posted Aug-28-2014

“HI Natasha,
We’re sorry to hear that you had such a difficult experience. This is our busiest time of year and we are experiencing extremely high call volume. We’re sorry that you order is late. We are working with the vendor to get the order to your door as quickly as possible but we are having difficulty locating a copy of this book from our suppliers. I have upgraded your shipping to UPS standard shipping at no cost to you. If you need to cancel this order it is able to be cancelled, until the time your order has been scheduled to ship. I have also applied $10.00 of in store credit to your biggerbooks.com account and we hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.

2014-08-25

"Ordered $190.00 SPANISH Book Saturday 8/16/14 Paid Extra To Expedite Shipping Since School starts Monday 8/25/2014. Midday Thursday we still to do not have shipping Tracker to I get on Line to chat with Customer Service telling them to Cancel. (I will pay more to get it at School Bookstore ) am told book just left and will get shipping info soon. 5:40 pm Thursday We get Tracking info with ETA of Tuesday 8/26/2014. Saturday it is at UPS in my town ! Monday UPS transfers it to USPS !! Certainly was not worth paying for shipping. Not sure why it could not leave on Monday !
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.

Rep reply posted Aug-27-2014

“Hi Esther,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. Our records indicate that your order was placed on 08/16/2014. As stated on our website, “Viva!, (Student Text & Supersite Plus Code” usually ships in 3-5 business days. Your book was shipped from our warehouse on 08/21/2014 via UPS standard shipping. According to UPS tracking number 1Z29E3W5YW27193575 your book was delivered on 08/26/2014 which is within the 1-5 business day delivery timeframe for the method of shipping you selected on this order. We have processed a refund of $6.98 that you paid for shipping on this order as a courtesy to you. We ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be applied to the account that was charged.

Customer service representative
Biggerbooks”

2014-08-13

"all went well, got what I ordered in a timely fashion."

2014-08-12

"Have yet to receive my order which was placed a month ago!"

2014-08-07

"Warning: company website lies about books being stock, charges cc for items they dont even have. Dont buy here!

See reply from company. They are verifying that don't have the book that their site said they had and verifying they don't even know when it will ship! To say they apologize on behalf of vendor is bull. As a buyer I don't care how they get their items. It a seller or store states they have an item to sell then they better have the item! Betterbooks need to apologize for saying they had a book available to order that they don't have! Blaming a "vendor"? Its not the vendor fault that betterbooks makes claim to have iterms they dont have. On July 30th site said book in stock. Now here on Aug 11 they can't even give a date it will be sent! Ridiculous and inexcusable to deceive buyers into thinking they have items available and outright lying as to when the will ship out. They are at fault! And I don't appreciate them calling me by name on public site. I didn't give permission to do that. A measly refund on the ship cost for that one book? What $2.wow that makes it all better:[ For the trouble they have caused me they had better overnight that book!

I spent the overpriced cost to get my books shipped in two days. This was on a Wednesday July 30th. I was pleased that on Friday I got 4 of 5 books ordered. Unfortunately one the used books was beyond "used" condition. I tried to taped it back together so my daughter wouldn't be so embarrassed using the sad looking book. You would think the price of books would corelate to the condition. The cost I paid for used book was less then$10 off from the new condition book. But at least I got it. My main problem is the new English 9 book I ordered. I assumed the final book would arrive Sat since I paid for 2 day ship. Note on the site it stated this particular books shipped in 24-48hrs while the others stated 24 hrs. I assumed it was shipping from a different local. It is now Thursay, 8 days later with no word on when I will get the English book. Classes have started and my daughter is the only one without the book. Of course they charged my cc the full amount on July 31st, its now August 7th. even though no English book has been sent. I thought companies couldn't charge cc until for an item until its been shipped. I can't log into acct either to find status of order. I provided my email at time order but the site says no such email so it can't locate my acct. I has searched site for a customer service phone number or at the very least an email find out when I will the finally get the book. This is a book that cost over $100 too. I am very frustrated. When googling for a business phone number I found this and thought it was best to warn others.
Update: its even worse! I found an email and while I did get a quick reply. I am told they don't have the book in stock AND have NO IDEA when they will get it from supplier. The site did not say this when I ordered it clearly stated the item would ship in 24-48hrs! Now being 8 days later and they still don't know when they will get the item, to then in turn ship it to me?? I was clearly misled and would of not of ordered if the site was truthful. I was in an extreme hurry which is why I had to chose the high priced 2 day shipping. To know its not even on its way is devasting. Is it even legal for a company to charge a cc for item they dont have and dont know when they will get? I went to site to see if the book is showing out of stock so future buyers would know the truth. instead of saying ships in 24-48 hrs like it did when I purchased it now says 3-5 days. The company knows they dont have the book, yet is still deceiving customers by saying when it will ship when they have no idea if they will even get the book! They were not honest to me and not being honest to future buyers. I was given fraudulent information by the website but thankfully the csr told me the truth and now I am warning you. I am stuck because they already charged my cc for item they cant even tell me when they will get. I will never place an order here again knowing that they are dishonest on the website about what is in stock, tricking people into making purchases. If I could 0 stars I would have!

Rep reply posted Aug-11-2014

“Good Morning Laura!

We are waiting for the arrival of Pearson Common Core Literature Grade 9, from the vendor. We do not have an exact arrival date but are working with the vendor to get a more specific time frame. Your item will be shipped as soon as this item comes into stock. We would like to apologize, on behalf of the vendor, for any inconvenience this may cause you. I have processed a refund of your expedited shipping for this item. Please allow your bank 3-5 business days to process the funds.

Thank you for your feedback!

2014-08-06

"I got the book sooner than I anticipated. Great business! Thank you "

2014-08-05

"Order was canceled with no notification.
...
So they say inconsistencies in my billing, but I have no trouble using my credit card anywhere else and I have an excellent credit rating. I have never had orders canceled by anyone else. I say the issue is with them.

Rep reply posted Aug-07-2014

“Yvonne,

I am sorry for any issues you have experienced. Your order was cancelled because of inconsistencies in the billing information. A refund was processed on 07/28. Please allow your bank 3-5 business days to process.

Have a wonderful day!

Customer Service

2014-08-05

"Absolutely will NEVER deal with this site again. After telling me that my order was cancelled, I went to another site to order my text book. I still had not received my refund 2 weeks later, so I called to see why that was. To my surprise the order was now "shipped" and charged to my card. I now have to pay to send the book back because of the site's mistake, and will not have the refund for 3-5 weeks. awful site. rude, and horrible customer service when I went to them with questions about the matter."

Rep reply posted Aug-07-2014

“Good Morning Judy!

I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Our records indicate the first order you placed was cancelled because of inconsistencies in the billing information. A refund was processed on 07/29. The second order you placed processed successfully and has been shipped. I have set your account up to allow for a full refund, waiving shipping and restocking fees, as a courtesy to you.

Thank you for choosing Biggerbooks.com! Have a wonderful day!

Customer Service

2014-08-03

"Finding the books I needed was easy not complicated at all. I will be back to purchase more school books from BIGGER BOOKS!!!"

2014-08-03

"Book arrived in excellent condition and as advertised. Shipping was quick!"

2014-08-02

"Affordable and an easy process =] great experience!"

2014-07-31

"I was emailed after being told that it would take 3-5 days for shipping that there was delay and there was no time frame as to when my books would arrive. The representative was very friendly and rushed my delivery, however the conditions of my books were not what I expected for a $400 new book order. The hardcover as well as the 2 paperback books were bent in all of the corners and binding holding the hardcover book was unstable."

Rep reply posted Aug-04-2014

“Good Morning Marysa!

I apologize for the inconvenience. I would be happy to offer 10% of your total purchase price as in store credit that can be used on biggerbooks,com at any time and does not expire. If you would like to accept the offer, please email beth@biggerbooks.com.

We appreciate your feedback!

biggerbooks.com”

2014-07-31

"Thank you for the quick shipping!"

Share BiggerBooks.com's store rating

BiggerBooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

BiggerBooks.com is a merchant member
BiggerBooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,533 merchant members.