Stores > Beyond The Rack

• Address: www.beyondtherack.com
    • Contact: service@beyondtherack.com
    • Phone: 1-877-733-4660
    • Customer Support: 1-877-733-4660
    • Business Hours: You can reach us toll-free at 1-877-733-4660 weekdays from 9AM - 6PM ET, and weekends from 9AM -6PM
    • Fax: 1.866.893.7636

Product & services pricing Rating 2.03/10 2.03/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.21/10 0.21/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.07/10 0.07/10
2016-12-23

This is a terrible merchant.

"Like many others, when the business went bankrupt, they "stole" my store credits I earned from a return. They just give credits, not money back. It took months and months for them to tell me, sorry, your loss, but that's what happened, contact your consumer business bureau. They got bought out and the new ownership didn't want to honor consumers' prior credits, so they erased the slate for everyone. My CC company ended up refunding me the money after I filed a dispute, but that also took time.

Other major flaws of this company. You pay for shipping, but if you need to return it for a reason that isn't due to product damage, then you will have to PAY to return the item, too. However, even if the product is damaged, they might initially charge you shipping to return, for which you have to call AGAIN to get that refunded. If you do get credits for a refund, it could take another month or two for those to show up, after constant calling.

The quality of the items is poor. VERY POOR. I've received lots of products that were falsely advertised and poorly constructed. For example, drapes that claimed to be "black out" when clearly they were sheer as the day itself. Shirts with poor stitching and even incorrect sizing. I ordered a large, they sent a medium.

The timing for delivery is SLOW. It may take up to three months or more for you to receive what you ordered. How ridiculous is that? I've bought from them several times and the earliest delivery was six weeks.

The selection isn't great. Even the reviewer above mentioned she couldn't find anything. That's pretty typical. Although they have 1000s of items. Nothing seems that great.

I'm done with them.

2016-12-21

Possibly the only person who had a good experience

"I've been a member of BTR for quite a few years, but never used it. Recently I was sent $20 credit for the site, but nothing caught my eye so I gave it to my mum. She fell in love with this amazing colourful pearl necklace and asked me to order it for her. I placed the order, in which I only payed like $5 for shipping. Only after I placed it did I think to look up reviews. So after reading countless reviews, I figured I would never see the item or get my $5 back (but hey, it's just $5). However, because my mum was so excited to get this necklace, I figured I'd wait a few weeks and see what happened before telling her it wasn't coming. And what do you know. It showed up at her doorstep 3 weeks later! To be honest, I was completely shocked. I was 150% sure the necklace wouldn't show up. So I consider this a Christmas miracle, haha! However, due to the overwhelmingly negative feedback this website had gotten, I consider this a one off and will not be shopping there in the future."

This review was modified by HayleyMarie on December 21 2016 02:46:52 AM

2016-12-16

Products are not as advertised

"Boy do I wish I had found this website beforehand, I had ordered a tshirt that was supposed to be 100% cotton and received it as 50% cotton 50% polyester. I emailed them and they told me "Upon checking here the item is 100% Cotton." that's not what the shirt I received says. They said I can return it, but that'll cost me to ship it and it's not worth the hassle. It also took 3 weeks to get my order. I will be telling everyone I know not to buy from Beyond the Rack!"

This review was modified by siantzi on December 16 2016 07:47:16 AM

2016-12-15

Avoid at all cost! Delete!!!

"Credit disappeared and run around of empty promises yet a friend of mine (who has never purchased from there before) was sent $20! Do yourself a favour, send all advertisement to trash!"

This review was modified by DLynnCharron on December 15 2016 02:56:38 PM

2016-12-09

DO NOT SHOP THER !!!

"This website should be shut down. They only take your money but they never send the items. I was waiting for months form my package to arrive only to find out 7 months later that the mirchendise is out of stock. They issued me credit and some apology cupons that I can't use. Apparently the company is under new management and they not honoring credits / refunds from before May 2016 IS THIS A JOKE! Is this even legal ?!! I have been playing this game with them since beginning of the year and now I can get me money back.
Please don't shoop there they will rob you in the day light. I don't even know if the staff they sealing on this web are real since I never got them. And please the excuse of new management is BS. They found a loop to take costumes money and they are doing it.

This review was modified by Joasiano on December 09 2016 03:29:42 AM

2016-12-01

I will give -5 if I can!

"This is a fraud. I lost $700 credit there! I've been following up with them for a year, and when I called today, they told me they can't find my money/credit. What a joke. I am sure there are hundreds of BTR consumers have the same experience. Don't ever buy from them!

Thank you for patiently waiting. We received an update from the new management regarding your missing credit. Unfortunately, it can no longer be reinstated back to your account. We apologize for the late notice and inconvenience this has caused. As you are aware Beyond the Rack has recently gone through a restructuring phase under our new ownership and management group; we have made several key changes to our business model in order to build BTR back. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to refund or provide a credit to any purchases/returns made or processed before May 24th, 2016.

Please be advised that Beyond the Rack went through a restructuring process that unfortunately took far too long to complete and has affected too many customers. In order for us to continue and grow the new business we will no longer be able to honor any of the credits that were on your account from orders before new ownership took possession. The new management team have tried to make BTR’s transition as smooth as possible for our loyal customers, however there are some obstacles we cannot overcome.

We know this comes as a disappointment to you and we greatly apologize for this. I suggest you contact Consumers Protection in your local area to properly assess your situation and they will be able to provide you legal assistance on this issue.

In order for us to continue and grow the new business we will no longer be able to honor any of the credits that were on your account from orders before new ownership took possession. We know this is disappointing on your part. I suggest you contact Consumers Protection in your local area for your complaints and properly assess your situation.

This review was modified by lymg1 on December 01 2016 11:43:43 AM

2016-11-26

They are frauds. Don't buy from them

"They are frauds, plain and simple. I've had a $100 credit for the returned merchandize. A few months ago the credit disappeared from the screen, and I called to find out why. The reason given was that they are reworking the GUI, and after a while I'll be able to use the credit.

However just recently I've visited the site and my credit was not there. The customer support on the phone said that I'm SOL, because they've been through bankruptcy, and it's a different company now. Basically, they took my money, and deceived me directly in the process.

They deserve to be punished

This review was modified by svinka_norushka on November 26 2016 10:55:57 AM

2016-11-19

WILL NEVER PURCHASE AGAIN

""I have gone through the same experience from BeyondTheRack. This was their response:
We apologize that it’s taken so long for us to advise you on this issue: We know this is disappointing to you but unfortunately we are unable to honor and reinstate those missing credits in your BTR account.

As you may be aware, that Beyond the Rack went through a restructuring process that unfortunately took far too long to complete and has affected too many customers. The restructuring process, including the transfer of ownership. This is the reason why all orders made prior May 24, 2016, can no longer be refunded, in any form.

To help you better with your request, it would be best to contact your local customer protection and advise them of above information.

The good news is that the website BTR.com will continue to operate – now under new ownership and as a new company. We will be re-launching shortly with a new look and feel and all your account information will be transferred to the new site.

We sincerely apologize if you’ve been frustrated by poor service in recent months and want to assure you that the entire BTR team is committed to providing the service you deserve as we re-launch as a new company and look forward to serving you in the future.

If you require any further assistance with your order please call our Customer Service Centre at 1-844-400-4287. Our hours of operation are weekdays from 9AM to 6PM EST (calls and chats) and on weekends (chat only) from 9AM-9PM EST, via Live Chat located both at Check Out and the Help Section)." Make sure that the operating hours are from 9AM- 6PM weekdays, and chat, 9AM to 9 PM weekends."

This review was modified by Nath42 on November 19 2016 05:44:31 AM

2016-11-18

Beyond the Rack is going out of business/Hostile takeover occuring!!

"I was a happy customer ( 4-years) until my LAST purchase! I purchased some boots on 2.28.2016. I received them 4.8.16, (didn't like them). Well, BTR changed their shipping address in-between this time; they moved shipping locations from Las Vegas to New Jersey! As I waited for my BTR credit to post, I decided to contact BTR (4.15.16) Had a rep tell me that my package was on the way!!! SHE LIED! I normally paid for my shipping thru the USPS to avoid BTR taking funds from what I wanted to spend. Well, I received a notice in the mail that I had a package to be picked up from USPS?? Well, it was the package that was sent to the wrong BTR address!!! So, I took them back to the post office and since the item was never delivered they didn't charge me for shipping!! Now, after waiting, and waiting for my credit to post the boots finally arrived at BTR (5.25.16) Well, I was expecting a full refund but they decided to take $9.00 to pay for shipping even though I paid for it!!! Representative told me that is the store policy!!! But that's a big LIE because the entire 4 years that I purchased items I ALWAYS PAID FOR SHIPPING!!!! Well, needless to say, I told them to take the small amount left as a store credit and shove it up theirs!!!!! NEVER, EVER, EVER WILL I PURCHASE A PIECE OF PEPPER FROM BTR!!!! SCAM!!!!"

This review was modified by TinkaTonk on November 18 2016 10:02:40 AM

2016-11-06

This calls for a Class Action Lawsuit!!!!!

The letter tells me " As you may be aware," How can I be aware if I'm not told about a restructuring process or transfer of ownership!!!

This is really bad. We need to join forces and file a class action lawsuit.

2016-10-28

BTR OR BEYOND THE RACK SAME COMPANY

"This is my second review not to buy from this company. Very Disgusting to see such a scamming company like this still able to do business. I order stuff from February of 2016 8 months have not receive any of the items and the money was taken from my CC. I called this morning and the woman kept apologizing "oh I am sorry but you cant get back the money or the items" Are you kidding me?! "it was old company in bankruptcy, we are now BTR" Yet still she was able to view my order and all information regarding my account. Listen guys these ppl takes turn to run this scamming business file bankruptcy then change their name, get your account information and continue the scam. You may receive a few items from them at first to show as if it is genuine and to trap you but please if you do it once don't try it twice you might not be lucky to get the items are your refund. Get the F--- off their website and shop elsewhere you wont lose a thing trust me. I have never been scammed before.This is my first experience. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. They said they are in Montreal, Quebec. Shameless Thieves! "

This review was modified by Sinna on October 28 2016 09:29:19 AM

2016-10-26

I feel I was scammed by Beyond the Rack! Be careful when ordering!!

"I had over $350 in credit by this company. Then the credit disappeared off my account.
I contacted the company 5 times per email and chat, was always told someone from management would contact me by phone or email. Do one ever contacted me. When I finally got a hold of someone I was told, sorry but the credits are gone. This is insane how bad the customer service and organization is.....its terrible!
I feel I was scammed by Beyond the rack

I've been a loyal customer for several years now but Im never using this site again.
Be aware!!!!!!

Second Review

"This is the second review that I am writing. In February of this year I placed an order with BTY and never received my order. I have gotten the run around with this company regarding refunds, and credits for the last 8 months. Initially I was told that I would be a refund. The refund was never processed. Then I was told that because they are under new management I would get a credit. I tried to use the credit and kept getting looped back around to mummy cart. I was never able to actually place an order. Last month I logged into my account to attempt to use the credit again and it was gone! All of my past orders have disappeared as well. It is like they completely wiped the account clean. So I did an online chat with them to ask about the credit and they said they would investigate and get back to me in 48 business hours. I never got a response! I might as well accept that I will never see that money again. I would not recommend that anyone order from this company. They have stole money from a ton of people. This has to be illegal. "

This review was modified by lsais on October 18 2016 09:46:12 AM

BTR Beyond The Rack

"They dont return my credit of over $1000, and I cant use it towards bying anyhting. sending me to Customer Protection and Customer Protection has nothing in place to protect you.
It blows my mind.
Anybody had any luck getting money back? please share

Dont buy anything from that website.

2016-10-18

From 5 stars to WAY below 1 star! Don't shop at BTR! Refund is forever lost!

"I find it fascinating how the Customer Service team does not respond to all the negative comments on their Facebook page. I also find it discourteous that an investigation was launched to retrieve lost funds, but that nothing could be done to restore a refund—it’s way too late to have a case filed with Visa. Not only that, Customer Service never returned a phone call to advise that the case was closed. The explanation that was provided simply stated that the previous owner took everything and that BTR is under new management. Great! How about you try to keep your clientele and honour a partial refund or free item, rather than having someone be out of pocket for money that rightfully belongs to them? Items were purchased for, never received and a refund was placed on the account. Then one day, the refund suddenly disappears from the account. Your customers work hard for their money, yet you find it acceptable to continue managing a business of fraud. I, myself, will never order from your website again! BTR was a great company without any problems, but it has taken a turn for the worst! It’s unfortunate that BTR is a Canadian company, one of which is no longer reputable. To everyone reading this, DO NOT PRUCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY! Do your research before placing an order! Read the many reviews of frustrated customers who have also lost their money from BTR! What a shame!"

This review was modified by lromano88 on October 18 2016 08:24:58 AM

Share Beyond The Rack's store rating

Beyond The Rack is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Beyond The Rack is not a merchant member
Beyond The Rack does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!