Stores > Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.79/10 2.79/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.70/10 2.70/10
Voice your opinion! Review Best Buy by clicking a star below.
2003-10-30

"I ordered a Logitech Dual Action Gamepad. Best Buy had it for the cheapest price available. A day after I ordered it, they emailed and said the order was backordered. So I called their customer support and canceled my order. The process was very fast and customer friendly."

2003-10-20

"Bestbuy sucks, they make up all sorts of excuses. First they "cant charg my credit card" but it shows up under my cards temp. charges as charged. Then "they didn't order enough on the truck" so now the item went from shipped to back ordered. The first delay was caused because of the supposed failure to charge my card so they got rid of their stock and didn't have one for me. I cancelled the order and went elsewhere."

2003-09-29

"I have never been treated so poorly before in my life. I ordered a 27" TV online because of big ads promising "FREE DELIVERY." They scheduled a delivery date for 3 weeks after the day they charged my credit card, cancelled that delivery at the last minute (7:30AM the day of), rescheduled & cancelled FOUR more times before cancelling order altogether, claiming "item out of stock." If item "out of stock" you should not have accepted my order and $$, and lied FOUR times about bogus delivery dates you knew you couldn't uphold!! There is no excuse for this treatment, I will never order from them again and neither should anyone!!"

2003-09-25

"On Sept 20, I ordered online a 32" TV whose sale ended that day. Item was marked In Stock, and available for free shipping. Sept 24, I noticed that my order was canceled, called Customer Service and was told they canceled it because the item was out of stock. I asked for a comparable TV from them, they "sold" me on another model, only to be told that it too, was not In stock. Both models are listed In stock on their site as I write this; the original TV is even listed at 20 dollars more than it was on Sept 20. This seems like false advertising to me. I will never deal with Best Buy again."

2003-09-19

"8/13/03 ordered Lite-on CD-RW and Avery CD Labeling kit with $50 Rebate for CD-RW. 8/20/03 got only Labeling System for $10, which I ordered only because it come with CD-RW Drive as the kit, and email Lite-on CD-RW is in backorder. 9/17/03 I received finally Lite-on Drive, but postmark for the rebates is 9/16/03. Now Best Buy says my rebates expired and not valid, and refuse to take back it because more than one monht from date of order. Customer service is horrible and rude at the store #599. Never more...

This review was modified by sel996 on October 03 2003 08:41:42 AM

2003-09-16

"They show the item in stock, but 2 days after I ordered it they sent me an email telling me it is on backorder and will not be shipped for 10 days. Needless to say I've cancelled my order and will buy elswhere from now on."

2003-09-11

"9/2/2003 Bought 4x DVD+RW drive for $129 (after rebate). Drive appears to read OK, though the bundled Pinnacle Studio8 software only allows writing at 1x or 2x. The Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD software does not allow the Expressions program to run. Attempted to uninstall/reinstall, but get the same results.
Eventually, I found at the iomagic web site that the wrong version cdrom was included. Presumably, that is why the supposedly bundled software will not work.
Sent email requesting a replacement CDROM last week (per instructions on their web site). Unfortunately, I have not heard anything back. No emails, no CDROM.
Since I haven't written a DVD yet, I can't comment on the performance.

This review was modified by davewhite on September 11 2003 03:11:39 PM

2003-09-08

"Customer service is horrible and rude at the store #0599. They look overworked, tired and in bad mood.

I decided to make purhase online at bestbuy.com. Again having problem with the order, called them and nobody seems to know how the store suppose to operate.

Now I am tired...

2003-09-07

"Ordered two DVD movies from BestBuy.Com on 9/2/03. Received the first on 9/5/03 and the second on 9/6/03. Price was competitive with other online retailers and the shipping is free. I don't see how anyone could complain about that. Excellent shopping experience."

2003-09-05

"Hmmmm, This store never seems to amaze me with their deceptive practices. I went to best buy to purchase a 80GB Western Digital Hard Drive that was on sale and had a $50 rebate. Well, low and behold, when I arrive at the store the item is out of stock. I asked if there was a substitute and was told no. They couldn't even give me a raincheck or tell me when it would be back in stock. So, being in dire need of a H/D I purchased a Maxtor 80GB. The next week, the Maxtor goes on sale with a $50 rebate. So, it looks like I'm out of $50 because it was a rebate and not a sale price. Why not just give shoppers the money off at the register instead of having to play the rebate game? I have now decided that I will no longer purchase my hardware needs from brick and mortar stores. Googlegear.com and Newegg.com will get all of my business now."

2003-09-02

"Ordered an item that was in stock and imediately got an email stating the item was back-ordered. I decided to cancel. To cancel you have to call them. After waiting 45 minutes the 1st time I had to leave and hung up. The second time I finally got a human being after 40 minutes of inane recorded ads.

They need to make customer service faster of allow you to cancel online.

2003-08-29

"Item went to back order and was eventually cancled. Long on-hold times. Will continue to purchase from B&M but not on-line."

2003-08-29

"Best Buy is getting to be a bad company more so than before. Purchasing a warranty does not seem to even help as they will ignore all replacements for your valid warranty. Item that was purchased under warranty was a Casio digital camera. Item was purchased with a 4 year warranty. The IBM 340 MB flash card has died within the warranty period. Besy Buy has been pawning off who we should call to get a replacement on other people (Example: Call the store they tell you to call corporate, and if you call corporate they say to contact the store it was purchased from to get a replacement. If you want customer service do not call Best Buy because they are known to hang up on you. I can say this company is one of the absolute worst companies out there today. Even the employees will lie to you just to sell you a product. I'm A+, Network+ and CCNA certified and have even told the customer they were talking to they were being lied to. Advice shop somewhere you are treated with respect and proper service."

2003-08-19

"I bought a hard drive that was advertised with an attractive rebate. This was a "in store" pick up, which means they take your credit card information and you go to the store and pick up the merchandise.

I have been trying to collect the Best Buy portion of the rebate since May and it is now almost September. They have returned my mail-in submissions twice, each time claiming they need copies of things I have already sent them.

I called the customer service line and was told that the store gave me the wrong rebate form. Apparently things that are paid for on-line need a different rebate form than things that are bought in the store. Of course, in my case. I got the product at the store, in person, and the sales people handed me the Rebate form I sent in when I picked up my hard drive. When I pointed out that there was nothing in the advertised offer or the web site that mentioned "special" rebate forms, the customer service person (Sherry) told me that such information is only given out after the fact (i.,e., when it is too late) as a "courtesy" to the customer. Best Buy apparently has a very strange idea of how to treat customers courteously. Anyway, although she acknowledged that there was no way I could have known about the special form and that the mistake was made by the Best Buy employee who served me, I was told that there was still no way they would honor the rebate.

Bottom line....I will never shop at Best Buy again. The rebates are a scam and customer service has always been less than helpful, if not downright rude. Circuit City here I come. Hassle-free returns and I have actually received their rebates......

2003-08-19

"A nightmare. Ordered online for in-store pickup the next day. Went to the store the next day and they said they knew nothing about it. I bought the item anyway (there were plenty in stock). Two days later, I got an e-mail telling me the item could not be found in the store. The only way to cancel was to wait two days or call voice-mail hell and wait AN HOUR on hold. No option to cancel online. Horrible.

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!