• Best Buy

Customer service: Rating 0.68/10 0.68/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.51/10 0.51/10

"Bait and Switch"

2002-03-12

"I purchased a Geforce4 Ti4600 at their advertised special preorder price of $129.99, only to have them cancel my order several days later. Not only that but they actually placed a hold on my credit card the day I ordered my card and my account was not credited until 8 days after they cancelled my order. They also gave my personal information to some company. They did this to over 2000 people. But now some of the orders are actually being filled. This is wrong. Best Buy just lost another consumer."

2002-03-12

"I ordered a geforce $ video card in good faith. You put a hold on my money for 10 days then cancelled my order. It NOT MY FAULT THAT YOU MADE AN ERROR ON THE PRICE. I want the card I purchased NOW!!!!!!!!!!!"

2002-03-12

"Best Buy backed out on honoring a special order price when too many people ordered the product. The product was a Geforce 4 video card."

2002-03-12

"Ordered GF4 card that they were offering for $129 and they cancelled my order and said it was a mistake....."

2002-03-12

"They sold me my cards and then cancelled my order."

2002-03-12

"They offered an order online for a video card and then changed the price and cancelled all of the orders and are hiding behind their TOS which have no legal binding at all which they will soon find out!!!!!!!!!!!
I want my video card!!!! Period!!!!"

2002-03-12

"I placed two orders for two different items from Best Buy and had both my orders cancelled. They stated they "made a mistake" on the pricing of BOTH items but I could now purchase them at a MUCH higher price, if I still wanted to. BestBuy.com has pulled this bait-and-switch procedure multiple times to thousands of customers and uses their site's Terms of Service to illegally break purchase contracts. Emails with them resulted in extremely poor computer generated "customer service" emails in return that never even attempted to solve my problems with their service in the least. Phone calls resulted in firm and rude replies from their "service" department. I would never recommend this seller to anyone. TERRIBLE service and constant illegal business practices."

2002-03-12

"This company does not believe in customer service. Unfortunately for them there are plenty of alternatives and ultimately the customer will always be right because it is their money that keeps them in business. Do not recommend this retailer... shop Circuit City, CompUSA, Frys or even Walmart first. "

dab

Cleveland, TN, USA
2002-03-12

"The Best Boy.com site cancelled my order for a GF4 Ti4600 card that they offered for $129.00 I had a valid sales contract and they debited my account the amount of the card, plus shipping. They then said they had posted the price in error (system error) and cancelled the order.
I want my card and I want it at the fair price it was offered at.

Best Buy sucks!"

2002-03-12

"They prefer to piss customers off with extremely poor customer service instead of following through of orders."

2002-03-12

"Bestbuy cancelled a legally binding contract that we made in good faith for the purchase of a GeForce 4 Ti4600. Their pathetic attempts at resolving the issue have done nothing to quell my dissatisfaction with the way they run their business and treat their so called "loyal" customers. I used to shop at the online store and their various B&M stores frequently, but they will never get any of my business again."

2002-03-12

"Ordered a GeForce4 video that they had on sale, they backed out on the deal because too many people ordered it, and refused to complete the sale (after previously confirming my order and placing a hold on my credit card)."

2002-03-12

"First I ordered a product, next they cancelled it due to "price error", then they sent me a backorder notice then a cancelation notice on the backorder notice then...sold my information to a spam company. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!"

2002-03-12

"Did not honor a legally binding contract in violation of the UCC and common law generally accepted contracts. I will never shop at BB.com, and rarely at the B&M again."

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!