Stores > Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.71/10 1.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.05/10 2.05/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.90/10 1.90/10
Voice your opinion! Review Best Buy by clicking a star below.
2004-05-11

"Every time I visit this store I witness several employees standing around with nothing to do but socialize while I wait forever in the return line or checkout line. When I'm browsing items in the store and have a question, there is never anyone around to help. Just my luck, Best Buy is always out of the item I'm looking for since they obviously don't have a good replenishment system as the item takes 2-3 weeks to re-stock. Every time I call the store in Riverside on Tyler Ave., no one picks up the phone, no department, not even the customer service extension, which gives me no option to complain to the manager of that store about their phone lines not being answered. If you're not going to answer your phones, disconnect the phone line and save money on your phone lines each month. I hate Best Buy. I have resorted to conducting all my purchases elsewhere, primarily at other leading online retailers. I thought Fry's Electronics was bad. Until recently, I'm convinced that Best Buy needs some major restructuring if they are to survive the retail market war."

2004-04-25

"I bought a CDRW drive from best buy last year, which was advertised with rebates. I sent in my rebate request promptly, and after the normal 8-10 weeks, the rebate didn't come. After contacting them, they promised to mail out the rebate, but warned that it will take another 8-10 weeks. That time came and went without the rebate showing up. I called them again, and while they acknowledge that my request is in their database, the promotion has "expired" and they "can't do anything" about my rebate.

I wrote a letter to corporate customer service with all my original receipts and rebate information, and they simply followed up with an e-mail asking me why I "faxed" in my receipt, without even addressing issues brought in my letter. My attempts to follow up to their e-mail have failed, with no further responses from them.

2004-04-18

"THE geek squad
this is the short story .
Has anyone had problems like i have had ?
My comp. went down . I went to B.B.to have it fixed . They shot me a price I told them this is an older unit and I didn't want to put more than that amount into it .They had to be paid upfront so i did and guess what It wasn't done when it was supposed to be and it cost more and it works poorly . I emailed and called and was told it was to be fowarded to the correct people to be dealt with . Well guess what 30 plus days with no response .
I will not use them ever again I spent over 300.00 to get junk back. I had to go get another comp. to do any work.

2004-04-10

"Shipping policies are deceptive and misleading. No where on their website does it mention that shipping outside of the 48 continguous states take "up to 30 business days" but they insist that's what the policy is. They said it was on their website and even pointed me to a web page that just said that items will be shipped according to their shipping policy as if that was supposed to tell me anything. The published/advertised shipping policy on their website was half that. I ordered from them because of the shipping times they published and because I like their retail store, but no way will i buy anything from them online if they'd outright lie and mislead customers like that. That's really deceptive to have another set of policies that they keep hidden like that. They never did answer my question about how someone ordering from their website is supposed to know about that before they order. I wasn't even given that information in my order confirmation e-mail or on the online tracking service -- all the information indicated 13 business days max."

2004-04-06

"Here's My two cents worth....Bought a big screen TV for a great price of 1300 bucks plus $150.00 back in Best Buys Digital Dollars. The online agreement said the digital dollars would be emailed out to me in three to four weeks after the purchase. Well here it is nine weeks later, three phone calls to their customer service and guess what.....thats right no Digital Dollars. Customer service says they need time to research the problem. A simple look at my account will tell you that I qualify for the DD offer and that nothing has been sent. DO NOT BELIEVE ANY THING THESE PEOPLE TELL YOU. I WILL NEVER MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE FROM BEST BUY AGAIN THEY HAVE LOST MY BUSINESS FOR EVER. AND APPARENTLY I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS BEEN SCREWED BY THEM. KEEP READING."

2004-04-01

"I pre-ordered UT2K4 Special Edition. I come to find out that they canceled my order and failed to contact me about it. What the hell good does pre-ordering a limited edition item from Bestbuy do if your not going to get it in the end? I mean if I knew Bestbuy would screw me out of this product, I would have gone elsewhere in a heartbeat and actually gotten it. Don't trust Bestbuy, whatever you do.

Oh and calling customer service got me nowhere. There are no managers on site, they can't resend Bestbuy e-mails (such as the order cancellation notice) and cannot give out any further contact information aside from the customer service e-mail or corporate address. Completely useless.

Bottom line with Bestbuy: If they screw you, your screwed!

2004-03-31

"I posted this on 03/13/04 to the best buy web site in their contact form:

Hello,

This past Christmas I purchased a HP digital camera for my wife. We used it on Christmas day and on the following few days and discovered that the memory card that came with the unit was inconveniently small. So on 1/17/04 we stopped into your Bridgewater New Jersey store and explained that we had recently purchased the camera and needed a larger flash card for the HP Photo Smart camera. Your sales associated recommended that we purchase 256M compact flash memory card to obtain reasonable capacity.

We followed the direction of the sales associated and purchased the card along with a HP 7760 photo smart color ink jet printer, a CD ROM burner, an I-River MP3 Player and some additional items.

The Flash Card remained sitting in a bag next to the camera until this week. We are going a vacation in another week and I started collecting items that I need to pack. I decided to install the new flash card into the HP camera. After removing the card from the camera, it was very obvious that the new memory card was several times the physical size of the old card and would not fix into the camera.

I then took the new unopened card along with the receipt back to the Bridgewater store in an attempt to obtain the correct memory card.

I explained my situation to the associate at the returns desk and was flatly told that since this transaction was over 30 day old that there was nothing that she could do for me. I explained that I felt that since I had trusted the recommendations of the sales associate that they needed to make this right. I explained that I was not interested in a refund, all I wanted was the correct part. And that at no time did the sales associate or the cashier explain to me that I had to test fit the memory into my camera within the 30-day refund period or I would be out of luck.

I also explained that if they expected any future business that they need to make this right. This time I got silence and she stated to ignore me and she started to type on the register.

I’ve been a loyal and good customer for many years. At this point I cannot see my family ever setting foot in your store again. I’m going to buy from some place that has a reasonable return policy and still believe that the customer is boss.
------
As of 3-30-2004 I heard nothing from best buy. Nothing!

I did purchase the correct flash card from amazon.com for less than half of what best buy charges in the store.

2004-03-30

"I ordered a scanner from BestBuy which ended up being out of stock, but that's not my primary beef. What does irk me to no end, and many companies do this, is they don't give you any clear way to close your account or delete your credit card number from your account when you don't have need of it anymore. Some of us don't like having our personal information or credit numbers floating around unnecessarily in virtual limbo. And all that junk about security and privacy they give you is just that; junk. I'm a technology professional and am well aware of the limitations of security measures- they are by no means as secure as they would like you to think.
Companies purposely make it hard for you to close your account or delete your credit card number as a means trying to entice you to keep shopping with them. They don't want to give you the choice. It even appears BestBuy does instant credit card number checks in case you try to change it to a bogus number for the purpose of protecting it from theft. This is totally unacceptable. Having to contact a company direct and deal with their retention department is a burden on the customer.

2004-03-22

"Pre-ordered special edition of UT 2004. After the release date, I looked at the status on the Best Buy site and saw it "backordered". Concerned, I called customer support. They said it would ship out 2-3 days later. Well, 3 days later I find the order cancelled. What kind of customer service is that? They should have simply stopped taking pre-orders if there was no possible way for them to get filled. Big scam."

2004-03-20

"I have ordered several items from bestbuy.com and I have so far been satisfied. However, I preordered a game, namely Unreal Tournament 2004 Special Edition, from their website only to have placed on backorder and soon after that it was canceled. This was especially disappointing because it was listed for a great price.($30)I noticed a lot of other people also had this product canceled on them. Yes, I had a bad experience this time but all of my previous bestbuy purchases (perhaps 3-4)worked out without any problems. Judge Objectively."

2004-03-20

"I'm on the list of "preordered UT2k4 over a month before release, at the price of $50 ($20 more than their initial sale price), only to have it cancelled because of Best Buy's ineptitude." Now, the only places you can find them is from price gougers on ebay or amazon merchants. This is infuriating because of the fact that those who preordered would have been better off just waiting until release day, going early into a brick and mortar store, and have an extremely high chance at walking away with a copy (at $29.99, mind you). Instead, we waited for a preorder only to have it cancelled and totally miss out on a truly great software package. Thanks, Best Buy!"

2004-03-18

"re: phone / in-store phone purchase

after being dissapointed by another reseller on my pre-order purcahse of the ut2004 special dvd edition, best buy helped me out.

the representative in the software department put 3 of the 4 he had left on hold for me till the end of the business day and i picked them up a few hours ago.

the representative was helpful over the phone and in person.

2004-03-17

"I had ordered Unreal Tournament 2004 SE back on 2/19/04 - a few days shy of a full month before the release date. I even paid the extra $$ for the two day shipping. Well, the release date came and went. It is now past when I should have recieved the item. I check the status on their website, only to find that its backordered. I recieved NO notification of this. I called up their customer dis-service department, only to hear them tell me that they dont know when its coming back in, if ever... Furthermore, I'm told they were actually more than likely going to cancel my order anyway. The woman on the phone tells me I "should be more aware of the status of items on their website." I told her to cancel my order, and that she wouldnt have to worry about me EVER looking at anything on their website ever again. She didnt like it when I told her that I understand now why their resellerrating.com score is one of the worst on the site. =)

Maybe it's just me, but... WHATS THE POINT OR PRE-ORDERING A MONTH AHEAD IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET THE GAME ON TIME, IF AT ALL?!

Do yourselves a favor and avoid bestbuy.com like they're Canadians... with herpes.

2004-03-17

"Bestbuy.com website showed PS2 network adapter included coupon for free game inside.
Purchased adapter and SOCOM game.
Opened packages and found free game coupon not included.
Verified at local store that free game coupon not available.
Customer service will do nothing to honor coupon and will not refund $$ since video game was opened.
I will continue to call and e-mail them until I get my $20 worth of satisfaction.
Their customer dis-service is amazing.

2004-03-16

"Ok,I tryed to cancel my MVP 2004 for PS2 order due to fact that I pre-order it on the 02/17/2004 online. The local BB store has it in store. I spoked with a John and Keesha they refuse to cancel it due to the system. I should have receive this item before it was at our local BB!!!!!! I will never order anything again from BB.
The services very bad. Mr. Hodges

These are the email I have received today 03/16/2004.....

Item Information
March 16, 2004
Order Number: BBY01-26759003558

Dear Jeffrey:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it to you in the next 24 days.

If you wish to cancel this order or have questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Item details are listed below.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank You.

Product Description

MVP Baseball 2004-Playstation 2

Status: Backordered

Jeffrey,

Thank you for contacting Best Buy about your order #BBY01-26759003558. I'm Kayla with Customer Care.

We are sorry for the inconvenience of not being able to cancel your order, we understand how frustrating this must be.

When an order is placed, it goes through several stages before it ships. We verify credit, check inventory, pick the product, and pack it for shipment. Depending upon inventory availability of an item, the time it takes for an order to process varies. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when the order ships. Once the item ships, it will arrive within the timeframe established by the chosen shipping method.

A pre-ordered item is available to be shipped only after the release date.

Best Buy strives to make each experience you have with us to be as positive and as fun as possible, and we are disappointed if we don't live up to that expectation. We have forwarded your message to the appropriate personnel for our internal review.

Thank you for sharing your comments with Best Buy. Please do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns.

Best wishes from Best Buy,
Kayla and the Customer Care Team

TRACKING NUMBER: A00002759826-00010175997

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!