Stores > Best Buy

Customer service: Rating 1.96/10 1.96/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.81/10 2.81/10

Muskegon, MI
2003-06-27

"The employees are very friendly and not pushy at all. They are always eager to assist and give honest opinions about products, unlike my experience with Circuit City where I was constantly being pressured into higher priced items that I did not want.

I am always able to find the products in stock at the store that I have researched on their web site and I get occasional suprise rebates that were not advertised, not to mention that alot of items are marked down from their sticker prices and usually cheaper than anywhere else in the area.

My only complaint would be that I always get asked to buy into the extended warrantly plan offered by Best Buy, even on very low price electronics. But their pitch is only a short "Would you like a 3-year service plan?" and when I say no, I am not asked or pressured further. After my 100th or so visit, it does get a bit annoying.

Overall, I would have to say that Best Buy is the best electronics/appliance stores I have ever shopped in and I continue to choose them first when the need for something comes up.

2003-06-18

"I ordered my copy of DDRMAX from these guys on friday(6/13), and I chose 2nd day shipping. I received the product today! BestBuy.com should work on weekends! I could have had the product on Monday. Shipping was two days after it shipped, but the processing part took too long, because they don't work on weekends. The game worked fine. I would buy from them again, but I would only buy early in the week."

This review was modified by Diabloslayer469 on June 18 2003 12:54:01 PM

2003-06-10

"This company is horrible. Yes they may have some good prices but their customer services is terrible, technical support is non-existing and as for their warranties, they are a joke. Just try to get someone to your house to fix something. I have been trying to get something fixed for 3 months and they only have a group over 75 miles away that is on their list of certified technicians. So of course this group will only come to my town (which is a huge town with a bestbuy in it) once a month. So I scheduled my appointment and took the day off, only for the repair guy to not show up. I tried to contact bestbuy to let them know and all of a sudden they don't have any of my information in the system any more."

2003-05-30

"Best Buy has the most horrible customer service! I used a shopsafe unique cc number to pay, they tried to charge it twice, found out they couldn't, and then cancelled my order! When I went back to re-order, they had jacked the price up!!!!! After numerous calls in to the idiotic BestBuy customer dis-service, they would not do anything about it. They said they couldn't give me the old price. I will never buy from them again."

2003-05-28

"Bestbuy is the worst store in America. It lies from the employees to supervisors. Last time I bought a laptop from it. It came with 200 dollar rebate. Two and a half month later, the rebate forms were returned. When I called bestbuy and asked why, they could not give an answer. They asked me to resend the forms either by mail or by fax. I faxed four times in case that they could not receive it. I also called many times and each time I was told that my forms were in procession. They gave me different case numbers each time when I called and asked me to call back on exact dates they set for me. The last time I called on the exact data they asked me to call, I was only told that the promotion had been expired. I felt to be cheated and wanted a justice. After painstaking efforts, I was “honored” to talk to a supervisor who I later discover was a liar as well. She assured me that she had never received my fax, and because the promotion was over, she could not do anything with it. What a surprise, after 2 months, suddenly I received a big package from bestbuy with a thick stack of faxes I had sent to them before the expiration date!!! My experience with such a “decent ” store is indeed a nightmare!! I hope I had not have bought anything from it. It is not only a matter of money, but what is more, I feel that I am betrayed by my trust in a company who is not worth any respect at all!!

This review was modified by xiaojun Fu on May 28 2003 06:42:02 PM

2003-05-08

"ordered a ati 9800 pro when it was in stock. It shipped the next day and got here. 100% happy with these guys/gals. I just wish they would get A store in Victoria, TX. All we got here is a offce depot no good pc shops around unless you drive 100 miles "

This review was modified by pimpinlan on May 08 2003 10:23:58 AM

2003-05-05

"I bought a P.C. package on 4/11/03 at Chico, CA store. The salesman tried to tell me that the system would not operate without at least a $159 battery backup system. I knew this wasn't true & almost backed off on my purchase. He also told me I needed an extended warranty because these computers always break down. Again I almost backed off on purchase until he assured me that if I had problems, it would probably occur at first and I had a free 90 day in-home service plan included. I purchased the computer and 3 weeks later I called the store when I couldn't seem to get help from Compaq and found out that not only had he lied, but I would have to bring the product to the store and pay to have it shipped. Apparently Best Buy allows employees to do anything to make a sale without consequences. I will never shop there again and will warn others about Best Buy."

2003-04-28

"i ordered a phone a few weeks ago-almost 3, to be exact. since it was free shipping, i guess it's ok if the shipping took a while. however, the item never got here. bestbuy didn't contact me or tell me anything about the item's shipment status, nor did they provide me with a tracking number (they said usps has no tracking numbers). now they are going to take 3 days to get back to me about what happened to my order. and they have already charged my credit card for an item that never materialized"

2003-04-11

"Best Buy needs to revamp their rather DUMB rebate policies. It should not matter where you purchase the product online or in their store, and it should not matter where the rebate forms and receipts are received, whether online or in-store, as long as they match exactly what the item rebate is offered at the time of purchase ... either should be honored since BOTH online and in-store rebates are the same for their rebated items.

I ordered some Khypermedia CDRs and a Norcent CDRW drive that both offered rebates from the BestBuy.com online store. Received both items fairly quick as I used the in-store available pick-up for both items. Upon picking up the items, the employee printed out 2 receipts for each product, stating clearly that one was to be used as the "rebate" receipt! The employee also printed out "rebate" forms and also clearly stated that I should use them to receive my rebate!

Both statements are false, and Best Buy seriously needs to either educate their employees of this error, or change their dumb-a$$ rebate policy. Their actual policy is that if an item is purchased online, then ONLY online print-outs of the rebate form and online receipt are allowable for that particular rebate when sent in to collect it ... even though the in-store rebate is EXACTLY the SAME amount and offer period for that item! Dumb-A$$ policy, plain and simple!

First off, the in-store rebate forms and rebate receipts should have NEVER been printed out to mislead me into thinking they could be used for those items, as even on those slips at the very top was printed that the items were purchased at * BestBuy.COM *!! If Best Buy's policy is to ONLY use rebates and receipts from the actual place the item was purchased, then they should inform the customer to the correct procedure for obtaining those rebates.

Obviously I received those 2 rebates back from Best Buy as they were rejected, stating exactly that I had provided insufficient forms for their online purchase, as I did send in the forms that I received from the in-store printouts as the employee instructed. Best Buy instructed me to send them the proper forms within the next couple weeks and they would honor the rebate. Since it was a couple months later, and though I still could reprint the online receipts for the 2 items, Best Buy had ALREADY removed their online rebate forms for the 2 items I purchased, effectively killing my only chance to print out their online rebates and collect on them!

I was quite angry with this policy and the way Best Buy had handled it, that is, until I went down to the store that I used to do the pick-up. I spoke with a manager, who was VERY responsive to the problem, apologized for the error, and to my satisfaction, proceeded to give me full in-store credit using 1 of their Best Buy instant credit cards!!

Though I am quite pissed at their rebate policy and the misinformation received from the employee as to what I should send in to recieve my rebate, I am quite happy with the manager's willingness to correct the situation.

I will still use Best Buy when I see great bargains, but I will make DAMN sure that if I purchase the item online, that I immediately print out ALL recipts and rebates from their online sources, and ONLY use them to send in
to their rebate house. If the rebates are of the same time period and for the same exact product for both the in-store and online stores, then EITHER receipts or rebate forms should be allowed during the rebate process ... come on Best Buy, clean up your act and stop trying to create a confusion that is easily avoided!

Miami
2003-03-09

"Purchsed a Maxtor 120GB drive online. Order processed smoothly and arrived on time. No troubles. "

2003-03-08

"AVOID THEIR FREE SHIPPING!!!

I ordered Grand Theft Auto III from Bestbuy. They had free shipping on everything, but they charge you tax even though it doesn't get shipped from the state you are living in. I placed my order on the 23rd. I assumed it will get here within 7 days. (USPS Priority takse 2-3 days and First Class takes 3-5 days) I got an e-mail with a tracking number. I found out that GTA3 was shipped on the 26th from IL to WA. After one week, I tried to track it again, but it wasn't updated. On Marth 6th, I called Bestbuy to ask where my package was and the girl who answered the phone had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA!!! She said the game was shipped from a warehouse in WA instead of IL. So I asked her why it says the game was shipped from IL at USPS.com and why it's taking so long for a game to get here if it was shipped in WA. She told me not to use the tracking number because USPS is really bad at updating their tracking number. Basically, she was just BSing...

I like going to Bestbuy stores. Their stores are very nice. All the displayed products are nice not to mention very good prices. However, don't purchase anything from their website... High shipping cost and tax makes the total very expensive... If you go with free shipping... You're taking a big risk.

2003-03-07

"Dear Sir or Madam:

On August 11, 2002 I purchased some items at Best Buy #116 in Canoga Park for a total of $108.71. The cashier asked me if I want MSN Dial Up service and I declined. I have DSL service for many years with DirecTV and subsequently with SBC Yahoo DSL… and my computers have no modem card with which to dial. I signed on a scanner pad for my purchase, never for MSN Dialup. I never chose a user name. I have no modem card in my computers. For some reason the clerk yet slipped me MSN Dialup anyway. I am sure Best Buy had an incentive program for its cashiers selling MSN. After a month I started getting billed by you. I have to point out that your billing entry on the AMEX bill has no phone number so I could not call you right back. At this point I contacted AMEX and deny the charges. I had to call them at least ten times to deal with this charges. It took about four months for AMEX to answer my inquiry, time in which I continued to get billed by you. Eventually I got your number 1 800 221 7779 and I started calling trying to get this resolved. You billed me 6 or 7 times at $21.95…

I had a very long, unpleasant and miserable experience in the considerable customer service effort I had to put in trying to get my money back from MSN. Over the past two months I have spoken first with Robert, he was nice, promised my money back… yet I got billed again that month. Then Paul, who was a super total jerk, told me “the charges STAND” and some other crap about how I was not quick enough to report this to MSN… Then Julia, his boss… She was apologetic yet told me that only AMEX can help me. She was either lying or she was incompetent, AMEX told me that they are only a billing agency. All charges older then 60 days I am responsible for or I get a refund from you. So I called MSN back and got Heidi on the line… She was nice, gave me a long reference number and this fax number and told me to write this letter and explain what happened and fax it to you… I guess it is my money and I have to fight for them back, if they fall in the hands of MSN. It took lots of phone calls, and talking and explaining, and asking for help… All for being defrauded by Best Buy and MSN… MSN customer service refused to disclose to me which merchant sold my info fraudulently. It took some work to put all this together… MSN customer service was no help. They were covering for Best Buy… MSN refused to give me my network statistics, for which MSN is stubbornly charging me.

Best Buy used a scanner pad to get my signature for their product and then pasted it on the contract that they sold to MSN. I never signed an MSN contract that I was aware of. I signed a Best Buy receipt as far as my knowledge went. The fact that my electronic pad signature was printed on the MSN contract was without my knowledge. I will continue to pursue this matter with all legal avenues available. I am energized by the effort I have to make in getting your corporate wrong fixed. I am curious to see how far will this issue go… How far will it go until those who abuse the consumer carelessly and have so little regard for legitimate complaints will have to answer? We will find out.

Gabriel Stamate

2003-03-05

"Ordered a compactflash modem. Shipped quickly and got it quickly...and free shipping :) Like them!!"

2003-02-28

"BestBuy.com deserves the rating they have. Let me say that Best Buy does have very good prices. Good enough to lure me into purchasing from their website. Additionally, the free shipping caught my eye as well. Having had good experiences with their stores near my home, I thought I would give ordering online a try. Like I always say you live and learn. I ordered two dvd's from bestbuy.com. Free shipping takes between 7-10 business days to reach you after they process the order. Fourteen business days later, still nothing. I notify BestBuy of this, and they tell me to wait another day. The next day arrives and still nothing. Bestbuy puts a trace on the package, and concluded it was lost. Things get lost sometimes in shipping...it happens. So next, I am instructed to fill out a form and fax it back to Bestbuy to receive a credit. The customer service rep tells me it will take anywhere between 2-3 weeks to apply the credit.....are you kidding me? It wasn't that I was returning something, the package was lost, and it was confirmed by the postal service. I call up customer service and they tell me they will credit the card. I asked if anyone received the fax, and their response is I'm sure someone did. I asked to fax another copy in and wanted a name of a person to fax it too. They couldn't even give me that. Well, after numerous calls, two faxes and a bottle of tylenol, the credit was finally recieved. This all took over a period of close to two months to resolve. Free shipping is offered for a reason. It's slow and unreliable. Customer Service was little to none. I still plan on purchasing from Best Buy, but DEFINITELY not online!!!!"

2003-02-22

"Ordered a printer from their site...received confirmation email quickly, shipping was fast, everything went well."

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!