• Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.75/10 0.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.98/10 0.98/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.30/10 0.30/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.26/10 0.26/10

"BestBuy burned me on a special they ran with Crucial PC2100 back in December (cancelled my order and claimed that the manufacturer has stopped making the product!) and then again with the VisionTek GeForce 4TI4600 deal. They do not require you to agree to their TOS when you register to make online purchases, nor do they in any way present you with the TOS and links to it on their page are small and nondescript, yet they reserve the right in it to cancel orders for any reason at their discretion. This is unacceptable."

"cancelled my order and charged my account, never got money back"

"Bad Business Practices"

"Best Buy cancelled my GeForce 4 TI 4600 order. All attempts to reconscile my claim have been stonewalled by canned E-mail responses. BB even sold my E-mail address to a SPAM E-mail service called "Cheetah Mail" and my Inbox has been stuffed full of SPAM ever since. If you value your time and sanity, stay FAR away from the joke of a retailer.

Turn On The Con...Best Buy!

"Another GeForce 4 'Customer' speaking out.
BestBuy cancelled order.

"Buy cancelled my order saying that "a recent systems error" allowed me to purchase the card and "due to the nature of this error, we have canceled your order for this item". They informed that their Terms of Service allowed them to take such action. I find Best Buy's actions to be irresponsible, unethical, and their failure to honor our contract illegal. "

"cancelled gf4 online order. spams appeared after signing up. Felt cheated aka bait and switch."

"Best Buy placed ads for a GeForce4 on their website at $129. After calling to confirm the price was correct with corporate, I placed an order. It was then cancelled. The story has changed from database error to systems glitch to human error and is now being referred to as a "sale price that can no longer be honored". Add to this that the company is selectively honoring this deal in some B&M stores and not others. PATHETIC!"

"I pre-ordered an item, and the transaction was accepted. I recieved a confirmation email that my item (video card) would be delivered when it was released. Best Buy then illegally cancelled the valid contract that we had mutually confirmed. I will never do business with best buy again, and they have lost much more than a couple of bills on a video card. In the past, I spent thousands of dollars per year at "best" buy, now they will get my business only when I know they are losing money on a promotion, or clearance item. Thanks for nothing BB."

"Another victim of their VisionTek Xtasy GF4 Ti4600 scam.
Sold my information to an outside Marketing Agency when I explicitly told them not to. Breaking their own Privcy Policy!!!

"Placed an order for the Visiontek Geforce4 Ti4600 for $129, funds were held from my account, received several e-mails confirming my order including a backorder notice. Then they cancelled my order without notice did not release the funds from by bank account for at least a week. They called the price a system error would not reinstate my order. Contacted them several times with nothing more than canned responses stating that their terms of service gave them the right to cancel the order, however I never had to read or even agree to their TOS. Best Buy has been one of the worst companies that I have ever dealt with.
Then to top the whole deal off on a CANCELLED ORDER they sold my name and address to a third party spam mail company without my permission and against their privacy policy. I would never do business with Best Buy again.

"Another GeForce 4 victim here. No need to rehash all the details, it has been explained by many people here. "

"Yet another of the GeForce 4 customers. WorstBuy refuses to honor their price. "

"On February 6, 2002 Bestbuy.com placed an advertisement for a VisionTek Xtasy Geforce4 Graphics Accelerator for a special pre-order price of $129.99. In accordance with the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) this listing constituted a clear invitation by Best Buy for customers to offer to purchase the card at the aforementioned stated price.

On February 6, 2002 I submitted an agreement to purchase this card through the website, in anticipation that the card would be delivered after March 4th. Note that this was a clear agreement to purchase on my behalf. BestBuy.com clearly accepted my offer to buy through acceptance of my personal information, sending a confirmation email with order number, and placing a reserve on my available credit line. Note that BestBuy.com sent a back-order notice to me on February 11th of 2002, further confirming the original order. Thus a legally binding contract was formed between BestBuy.com and myself.

On February 11th of 2002 I was informed by e-mail that “a recent systems error” allowed me to purchase the card and “due to the nature of this error, we have canceled your order for this item”. Subsequent communications with Best Buy Customer Care referred me to Best Buy’s Terms of Service Agreement, which states that BestBuy.com was not responsible for pricing errors on its website.

It is my understanding that several customers called to confirm the $129.00 price prior to ordering the item at the BestBuy.com website. The price was later confirmed again by telephone by website www.hardocp.com.

To add insult to injury BestBuy.com gave my personal information to marketing firm cheetamail.com. At no time during or after the transaction was I consulted about the transfer of the information, and, if I had been consulted I would have refused.

The “Terms of Service” agreement cited by BestBuy.com was not located in a conspicuous location within the website. The web page for the TOS does not launch automatically during customer login and signup. According to the Federal Trade Commission, TOS agreements of this type MUST be listed prominently within website or other publications in order to be valid.

BestBuy.com’s cancellation of my order therefore constituted a breach of contract. Please note that the failure to honor the aforementioned contract is illegal because 1) the transaction met all guidelines set forth in the Uniform Commercial Code and in consumer protection regulations in the states of Minnesota and Pennsylvania; and 2) because the Terms of Service Agreement was inconspicuous, such that there was no way for me to agree to it formally.

"Responded to Advertisment for VisionTek TI 4600 video card for special pre-order price of $129.
Called Customer service Twice to verify. Ordered the card but a week later my order was cancelled.
My personal info was also sold to Cheatah mail during this process.
The only response they are will to give anyone I have talked to about this problem is the claim that their TOS covers them from any legal and moral duty to the consumer. BB clearly profited from the sale of my personal information while hiding behind their hidden TOS. If this were an isolated incident, then I would be able to have understanding. This is only one of many time Best Buy has pulled such tactics to get consumer info and sales based on misleading or false advertisement of price.

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!