Stores > Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.73/10 1.73/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.48/10 1.48/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10

"D-Link 704 router advertised in local Sunday newspaper for $29.99 after $20 instant rebate, $20 mail-in rebate, and $30 mail-rebate. Turns out the advertised rebates had already expired and two months later I am informed that my purchase was not eligible. Contacted customer support via email explaining my situation, received an immediate response (within 4 hours) indicating they needed time to research my complaint and they would respond with a resolution within a few days. Within 24 hours a customer service rep emailed saying they had credited my credit card the amount of both rebates ($50, one was even a manufacturer rebate). To top it off they credited $4 extra (I assume) for interest. Absolutely no hassles.

I was very impressed with the promptness and effectiveness of the customer service I received and will continue to do and recommend business with Best Buy.

Houston, TX

"Over the years, I have bought many, many items from Best Buy without a single problem. During that time, I have returned many items without a hitch. In fact, recently, I received a CD that I already had, as a gift. I took it to Best Buy and explained my problem. They scanned it, said no problem and issued me a credit which I used to buy a CD that I didn't have. That's a return policy I can live with.

I've saved a lot of money shopping at Best Buy. Many items I've bought there were at the lowest price I could find on that particular item, anywhere. I've never encountered an instance where an advertised price was not honored. I have not bought online, but have found their web site to be full of useful information about products I'm not that familiar with. It's also a great place to do some comparison shopping as they do have a large selection of items to compare.

That's not to say they don't have some problems, of course they do. I have noticed that their pricing is rather inconsistent. While their prices on many larger items is quite low, the prices on many accessories are just plain high. I'm sure in many cases, when a person buys a stereo, for example, Best Buy will make more on the cables, service plan and other junk than on the system itself. I don't blame Best Buy for that. If people want to give their money away so freely, it's their own fault. By shopping wisely, one can do very well at Best Buy. Besides, if they were as bad as some of you are saying, their parking lot wouldn't be packed every day.

To everyone that complains about customer service and support, I say you're expecting too much. Best Buy is a discounter. They sell at low prices because of the volume they do. If you want service, buy from a retailer that offers good service. You'll pay more, most likely. I don't expect any service from Best Buy. I certainly don't ask them for advice. I just look for deals, and they have them.

"Bestbuy.com Another one of the Geforce 4 customer that best buy chooses to alienate instead of honoring the price. They always say. Court is for unreasonable people. In this case that means best buy =/"

New Jersey

"Used the $30 coupon from the Geforce TI4600 Deal they gave me for screwing up the preorder price of the Geforce 4 TI4600 for $129. So with the $30 Best Buy online Gift Certificate, i bought the Simpson Season 1 DVD. Took them 2 days to give me a confirmation that it's safe to go to the store and pick them up myself. I went there and the boys in blues claimed that it's not there. So they sent another boy in blue to go to the shelf and just give me the movie.

It's just Best Buy. What do you expect?

"I ordered a Radeon 8500 online and picked it up at store #367. I found a GF2MX in the box when I opened it, DVI adapter was missing as well. Best Buy refused to let me exchange it. I bought another Radeon and discovered that the one I received from store 367 has been re-shrinkwrapped. I then went back to BB again to prove my case and they said it's no one's fault and they offered to sell me another 8500 with a $50 discount.

On top of all this, they overcharged my credit card by $10!

I am gonna sue them and contact al my local newspapers and TV stations.

san antonio, tx

"Shipping was slow...13 days.
Return policy was good they refunded purchase price and shipping w/ no hassle.

"This is by far the worst online company that I have ever dealt with. They don't know what the heck they are doing over there. They are quick to pass you off to someone else, they don't return calls. Very shady I tell ya!! I had them on my speed dial trying to get a TV that I ordered almost a month ago. They changed my delivery date 3 times because they have a serious lack of communication with the local store. The local Best Buy did not even know I existed. Bestbuy.com tried to be helpful by offering free delivery on a TV that already had free delivery.( BTW - Just got my TV this past Saturday) Too bad the piece of crap TV is broken. They came into my house broke my receiver for my surround sound system and are not jerking me around about replacing my TV. Will NEVER do business with this company again!!!!"

"It took 26 months, (3 trips to Best
Buy Service, 2 trips back to IBM,2
inhome svc. calls) before a overheating processor problem was admitted and fixed. The machine still is not running properly. A very stressfull experience!! Never Again. Ariz. Attorney General is next.

"Another GF4 orderer that had it cancelled. Not very good business practices I feel."

"Worst Company I ever dealt with. Would lie through their teeth to make you buy stuff and then wont honor their prices or their promises later on. Frys or CircuitCity is way better than this shoddy company. "

"This store will not honor their prices! Avoid buying from this store at all cost. Sure, they may advertise better deals than other online/local merchants but following through on the price is a different story. Don't bother trying to settle a dispute via email or phone because you are a drop in the bucket compared to all the other consumers that will keep on shopping there. If they keep up this type of service, this bucket will develop a leak that grows with time. Best Buy does not know how to run a business! Even if you have to pay a higher price, shop elsewhere. You will get better support and customer service."

"My order was wrongly cancelled and I have yet to get any answer as to why."

"Never received my merchandise. Numerous questions and complaints were replied to via form letter, leading me to believe my feedback didn't (and doesn't) matter. Never once got a call or mail from a real person.

I'll take my business elsewhere, thankyou.

"Best Buy has had several different offers like the VisionTek Ti4600 where they post one price, get a bunch of people to order, sell their information to Cheetah Mail, and then cancel all the orders. Any folks out there get in on that big TV they offered for around 500? And then had their order cancelled? And then send out computer generated replies that they can do this due to their nearly invisible TOS? I don't recommend anyone I know to purchase from them anymore. "

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!