• Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.51/10 1.51/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.09/10 1.09/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.76/10 0.76/10

"I also ordered the GeForce 4 video card. The story is the same as everyone elses... after my 'purchase' (their own word) - they cancelled my order even though they had reserved the funds from my American Express. Best Buy has many times made bogus offers via their web site (Two TV's, and this GeForce 4 card) and through their stores (same GeForce 4 card - this time offered at $179.99). Buy Buy is the worst buy."

"BestBuy.com is entering into a system by which it is their policy to offer items (RAM, Video Card, TV) at a low "introduction" or "closeout" price on their website and then switch you from that item to the exact same item at 3 times the price. Its a new generation of bait and switch covered by a non-legal binding "I can do what I want" Terms of Service."

"Best Buy cancelled my order twice, without notification. The price of the memory almost tripled in the mean time. As per BB CSR's instructions I ordered third time. Told price would be corrected. It took several emails, phone calls, and over two months later, to get the price corrected. Best Buy caused me way too much grief. I did everything exactly as the CSRs told me to, and they still couldn't get it right. Best Buy's left hand doesn't know what it's right hand is doing."

"I ordered a GeForce4 Ti4600 and had the order cancelled because of an "error". They do not honor their price mistakes."

"Best Buy is setting a very dangerous precedent here with their flagrant and repetitive "price errors." Most other stores would have dropped some serious damage control on this and resolved it within a week. Best Buy--we are not going away until you do the right thing!!!"

"Tried to order a special preorder geforce 4 card from best buy.com, got shafted, bait and switch scam, sold email to spammers."

"Ordered a GeForce4 and they cancelled the order and gave my email to a spam company."

"Violates UCC (Uniform commercial code) sells email addresses to spammers (cheetahmail.com)."

"Poor customer relations and business practices. I take no pleasure in shopping at Best Buy and choose to spend my money elsewhere whenever possible. Refusal to honor their own posted and advertised sales is pitiful."

"I think all these people yelling for the cards are retards.
Every one of you knew that the original listed price was too low to be real, obviously a mistake.
Still, you idiots go online and order the darn thing knowing about it. Then once the mistake is uncovered by Best Buy you rejects try to fight for something you new was wrong from the begining.
Obviously a bunch of immature idiots with no clue to the ways of the world.
What you idiots have created is exactly why customer service is going down the tubes these days.

I hope Best Buy squashes all the idiotic attempts with the rainchecks etc.

I think its funny that none of you rejects are getting the cards...LOL
Serves you right.

Oh and Best Buy is simply a awesome place to shop. They have great prices and usually have stock on everything I want. I will agree there have been legitimate complaints from some consumers, I have experienced bad service myself in some situations.

What you have to factor in though is the numbers of products and services best buy provides. With so many consumers purchasing products there, it is inevitable that some will have problems.

When I go in to shop on saturdays its always jam packed...all 4 stores in my area....jam packed.
That speaks for itself.

The people crying on this site are not getting anywhere with this issue, and there are not gonna...lol
Just making fools of themselves wasting time.
oh and its real obvious that all of these posts are coming from the same 2 or 3 people, Look at the names they are making up.

"I have ordered many things from Best Buy, and have always had mixed results. Unfortunately, the bad results are far overshadowing the good that I have had.

When I have had rainchecks with the company, they have taken several months and several queries by me to get them filled.

The most recent raincheck experience was an order for Crucial DDR 256 MB memory that was on sale for 34.99, plus a $10 rebate. The sale was in early/mid December. Every week, I called at least once to see if a shipment of the product had been received and was always told that they had not yet recieved any. Then, in mid February, I went in to Best Buy for something else. While there, I went over to where their memory is on display. AS I WALK UP, another customer asks the employee behind the counter for the VERY SAME memory I had a raincheck for, and was given the LAST of their stock.
I asked the employee if they had pulled any of the momory for my raincheck and he told me that they don't give out rainchecks for memory, and that they wouldn't honor the price if someone did anyway. ???? Well, this didn't settle well with me, and spoke to their customer service manager who realized how serious this situation had become. Only through my persistence did I finally get an acceptable resolution. After getting the Customer Service Manager involved, it still took several weeks to get the memory, but I finally did recieve it.

In mid February, I also was one of the people who ordered a Geforce 4 Ti4600 from bestbuy.com when confirmed that the $129.99 price was a "special preorder" price. After accepting my order and confirming the order, Best Buy cancelled the sale, claiming one of several reasons ("systems error", "human error", etc.) and that they would be unable to fulfill their end of the contract. This issue is still unresolved as Best Buy has broken a sales contract, which is in violation of UCC laws, and bad customer relations.

These two issues are only a sample of problems that I have had with Best Buy. These will also be the last. Unless Best Buy resolves the video card issue in a satisfactory manner, my business will be going to their competitors that are plentiful in this area. In fact, I have already begun purchasing my products from other places.

Until Best Buy puts more focus on providing the customer with quality products at the price offered in a timely manner, I CANNOT recommend that anyone shop at Best Buy. In fact, I recommend that, if at all possible, people should purchase elsewhere.

"BestBuy.com accepted my order for a Special Pre sale GF4 video card and then decided to cancel the order. Then sold my personal information colleced to a third party marketing firm."

"Bait and Switch"

"I purchased a Geforce4 Ti4600 at their advertised special preorder price of $129.99, only to have them cancel my order several days later. Not only that but they actually placed a hold on my credit card the day I ordered my card and my account was not credited until 8 days after they cancelled my order. They also gave my personal information to some company. They did this to over 2000 people. But now some of the orders are actually being filled. This is wrong. Best Buy just lost another consumer."

"I ordered a geforce $ video card in good faith. You put a hold on my money for 10 days then cancelled my order. It NOT MY FAULT THAT YOU MADE AN ERROR ON THE PRICE. I want the card I purchased NOW!!!!!!!!!!!"

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!