Stores > Best Buy

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.34/10 2.34/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.05/10 2.05/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2002-11-01

"I have bought numerous products from best buy in the past, without a problem at all:), the absolute best part about there site is the lack of Hasseling sales clerks to buy their service contracts,products are usually in stock and ship very promptly,,"

No Tact's Avatar

Nevada
2002-10-31

"I am still pissed they dissed me, false advertising, on my $129.99 sale on the new GeForce 4 card.

Bitches.

2002-10-23

"The shipping is like taking for ever. "

2002-10-09

"Beware, un-informed teenage customer services reps who know nothing!!! Whether it's in the store or on-line, their customer service agents are totally clueless, I tried to order some RAM on-line and was told by the customer service person totally bogus information about compatibiliy, when I went to a store in the Los Angeles area, a pimply faced teenager with a very bad attitude treated me like a complete moron, eventhough I went into the store with nothing but a smile on my face and some questions. Go with Newegg if you want good, reliable service."

2002-10-09

"Ordered a Cd-Rw and CD-r's, BestBuy Customer serv. Reps just refused to tell me the item was on backorder. Finally after speaking to Jackalyn she suggested it could take 30 days. I gave up and canceled the order.(although they did ship the CD-r's)

If you need PC parts from a reliable vendor, WWW.NEWEGG.COM

BestBuy lives up to thier 2.02 Lifetime rating.

2002-10-04

"I ordered 2- 64mb smartmedia cards and a usb card reader for my girlfriends birthday. I had plenty of time before the day but am busy with work so I couldn't make it into the store. I took advantage of their free ground shipping and nine days later my package arrived. I am very happy with the prices and delivery speed. I will definately buy from them again."

2002-10-01

"I have always had good experiences in buying from Bestbuy in the past. If you are ordering from the internet, opt to pick it up. Otherwise prepare for a wait!"

2002-09-21

"Very bad customer service on hold for ever. If you want to deal with minimum wage teenagers that have no expertise when buying high dollor items this is the place for you but I will take all my business to the experts of the world."

2002-09-16

"I had an awful customer service experience at Best Buy / BestBuy.com.

I had purchased a DVD player online at BestBuy.com as a gift on a Thursday. On the next Sunday (three days later), I saw in the Best Buy circular that the price had gone down $15. So, I called the Best Buy 800 number, and they said to go into the store to get a price adjustment. (At this point the DVD player had not yet shipped)

On Monday, I went into the store, but was told they could not do that adjustment. So, I called BestBuy 800 # again, and this time got a completely different story:
- They don't do price adjustments for BestBuy.com
- The order had now shipped, so there was nothing they could do
- The rep had no idea why I had been told to go into a store for a price adjustment, but that was clearly not the correct thing to do.
- The only option they suggested would be to return it to a store and buy another(which is not an option in case since it was to be a gift)

In addition, when I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that they do not have any escalation beyond the rep I was talking to, and the rep would not transfer me to a superior. In all my years, I have never heard of this, whether I was purchasing electronics, airline tickets, or anything else.

I found this really frustrating, as I am not going to make the receiver of the gift go through a lot of effort for a measly $15. It's the principle that really ticks me off here - for example, I purchased a DVD from Amazon, and later got an email from them that the price had gone down and they were refunding me the difference.

2002-09-07

"Item arrived in perfect condition just 2 days after order. Had no problems. "

2002-09-03

"The purchase went fine, however the delivery and service afterwards has been worthless. UPS admitted to sending my order to the wrong address, and BestBuy is now giving me the run around as to the status. It's been almost a month. I've been told by two different people over the phone that I would receive a refund. Emails have been ignored, and I have received no refund."

2002-08-19

"Best Buy complaint: I bought a Panasonic 2.4 Gig cordless phone which had all the bells & whistles that I wanted. However, the sound quality was terrible, and the range was poor. I took the phone back to Best Buy and asked if they had problems with this model. They assured me it was probably just that unit. So I got another phone and tried it for a few weeks. Same deal. Bad sound, and the phone would break up just 10’ into the next room. I decided to take it back for a refund. Best Buy REFUSED and told me it was “past the 30 days”. I told them this was outrageous and I’m sorry I ever bought from Best Buy. I will NEVER buy another product from them. They are a rip-off."

2002-08-17

"I order almost $500 worth of computer parts from BestBuy.com (free shipping). I ordered on 08/08/02 3:13AM and the complete order was shipped on 08/9/02 at 11:54AM. The shipping was relatively fast when it said it usually would ship in 2-3 days. The order arrived on the 08/13/02, all the parts were in perfect working condition and were exactly what I had ordered (no mixups).

I am happy with my first purchase from BestBuy.com, and have been happy with all my purchases from their BestBuy retail stores.

2002-08-14

"Bad Experience with Bestbuy.com...

Tried to order an Antec power supply from them. Checked the in-store pickup availability, and a store near me listed it as in stock. So I place order and wait for confirmation...Takes them one day to confirm that I requested to pick up the PSU at the store, but I still have to wait for another email telling me it's "ready" for pickup. 3 more days pass and I get an email saying the store no longer has them in stock. @#%$%!!!!!

Best Buy's stores aren't too bad as long as you don't talk to any of their employees about computers. But I will never try to order from bestbuy.com again.

Tennessee
2002-08-08

"I bought a CD-R/RW drive(samsung sw-240) from them and it has worked great.

The shopping experience was very good. I spent a good part of the afternoon just walking around looking at stuff like I usually do in Electronics stores. I was approached several times by sales people who answered any questions about whatever I was holding at the time. Even the Local Cable Company sales rep who was in the store hawking Cable internet broadband offered useful opinions on the various CD-R/RW drives I was looking at.

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!