Stores > Best Buy

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.03/10 3.03/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.64/10 1.64/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.38/10 2.38/10
2003-08-19

"I bought a hard drive that was advertised with an attractive rebate. This was a "in store" pick up, which means they take your credit card information and you go to the store and pick up the merchandise.

I have been trying to collect the Best Buy portion of the rebate since May and it is now almost September. They have returned my mail-in submissions twice, each time claiming they need copies of things I have already sent them.

I called the customer service line and was told that the store gave me the wrong rebate form. Apparently things that are paid for on-line need a different rebate form than things that are bought in the store. Of course, in my case. I got the product at the store, in person, and the sales people handed me the Rebate form I sent in when I picked up my hard drive. When I pointed out that there was nothing in the advertised offer or the web site that mentioned "special" rebate forms, the customer service person (Sherry) told me that such information is only given out after the fact (i.,e., when it is too late) as a "courtesy" to the customer. Best Buy apparently has a very strange idea of how to treat customers courteously. Anyway, although she acknowledged that there was no way I could have known about the special form and that the mistake was made by the Best Buy employee who served me, I was told that there was still no way they would honor the rebate.

Bottom line....I will never shop at Best Buy again. The rebates are a scam and customer service has always been less than helpful, if not downright rude. Circuit City here I come. Hassle-free returns and I have actually received their rebates......

2003-08-19

"A nightmare. Ordered online for in-store pickup the next day. Went to the store the next day and they said they knew nothing about it. I bought the item anyway (there were plenty in stock). Two days later, I got an e-mail telling me the item could not be found in the store. The only way to cancel was to wait two days or call voice-mail hell and wait AN HOUR on hold. No option to cancel online. Horrible.

2003-08-17

"I had a bad experience when I ordered a loptop from BestBuy.com. While the price was good, the delevery was bad and the customer service was worse. The web page promised deliver on 8/7/03 but the product didn't ship until 8/8/03. I paid extra for two day delivery because the product was a birthday gift, which didn't make it on time. When I called customer no service (spent about 20 minutes on hold) to find out where it was, they admitted it hadn't shipped on time but I was told they couldn't credit me for the shipping without submitting a request to some other group in the company. I doubt I'll ever see that 20 buck. They might want to consider changing their name to WorstBuy.com"

2003-08-14

"I am very unhappy. I have spent five hours trying to buy an item off of BestBuy.com. First the site will not calculate tax. I called customer service.
She tried to get the order through, but
she had the same error. She asked me to try again later. So I wait a day. I try the site again. This time it will not take the credit card. I call my bank, they say everything is fine. Next I call
customer service. She tried to enter my
credit card and the system would not accept it. While we were talking I noticed something. There is no SKU for this product. Its the liteon 52x32x52 cdrw drive kit. She mentioned this problem to her co-workers. They said "We
have never seen this problem before." At that
time the phone line goes dead. This is the last time I will do business with BestBuy.com. If their website is unable to complete transactions,
it should be taken down.

2003-08-13

"Tried to buy a cd burner because of the mail in rebates - after two days email came that item is back ordered to next week - at that time the rebate offer will be expired. Only way to cancel is by calling a number which let's you wait for more than 20 minutes, after which I gave up.

Will never buy at bestbuy.com again.

sevenal's Avatar

NC
2003-08-10

"Man!
What an ordeal, very poor web site.
I had a never ending chain of errors,
trying to order a simple item.
Good luck, the price really has to be rite
to make me go through that again.

2003-08-05

"I ordered a compact flash 802.11b card and everything was painless."

2003-07-30

"Worst buy has done it again. I've refrained from posting on them in the past just to be fair and give them extra chances to get my order right. But after 3 screwups in 3 orders, I've had it with this seller.
The first mistake happened when I ordered and Averatec 3120V for $550 after rebates and giftcard. Despite the company's low reseller rating, I went ahead and placed the order because the price was so good. 4 (YES FOUR) days later, I recieved a cancellation notice from the vendor and immediately called the company. They stated that my credit card could not be verified. I recieved no call to verify or no "postponement", just and immediate cancellation. Apparently I had left off the middle initial on my name! Even though the mistake was admittedly mine, I wasn't notified until 4 days later, so of course the item was out of stock (at that price, of course it would be). I tried calling customer service to place the order, but they were both rude and unhelpful and refused to let me talk to a manager. Even upon calling a different (even ruder if that is possible) CSR, I was told there were no managers on that floor. How could BB's employee's have NO SUPERVISOR?

I'm sure this credit card verification issue happens quite often, and I can't imagine why they wouldn't try to contact the buyer about a small billing address mistake; they had my phone number and email address and by not contacting me missed out on my business.

So, I couldn't order my 3120V, and instead I attempted to get the 3150P. I tried to order it for about 3 days on the website, but it kept rejecting my order. Finally I caved and called 888-best-buy to place the order, but the customer service representative couldn't do anything either. With the new website upgrade (I would call it a downgrade) everything is slower, less secure, and more difficult to shop for. There is no way to place an order without having BB remember your credit card number, and it is VERY SLOOOOW just to enter a one time use CC number.

When I finally placed the order 2 days later, I had to wait an additional 3 days just for it to BEGIN shipment. The verification process at best buy is ridiculous. I finally recieved the item, but it was NOT by 2 day mail as I had requested
and paid for, I recieved it the same day as another item I had shipped USPS that went out the same day as the laptop.

Third mistake: (you'd think I would have learned my lesson) I ordered 2 DVD's (buy one get one free) for pickup in store so I could get them right away. When I placed the order, it would only let me choose from 2 stores that had both items in stock (the third store was greyed out). Luckily, one was close to me, so I chose it. When I finally got my confirmation email (more than the 2 hours promised later- more like 12 hours) I went to the store for pickup and they only had one of the DVDs I had ordered in stock! They said they hadn't had the other for about a month, but the OTHER 2 STORES had tons of them! I asked if they could transfer my order to the other store and they said they could not. So now it is 7 days later, my 2nd DVD is still not in stock and I still have not recieved my confirmation email. I could have had it shipped to me by now! When I called customer service, the rep was unable to do anything and referred the matter to their research department and told me I would be contacted by email. I just dont understand why one DVD cant be transferred to another store 15 minutes away.

BUYER BEWARE. Best buy may have good prices, but expect to do a lot of runaround work to get your items as ordered or even at all.

2003-07-29

"Warning !! Please don't buy from bestbuy!! This company always find some way to screw you out of what would seem a good deal. I brought a Kingston 512MB DDR SoDimm notebook memory back in July 16th and it arrived on 7/29. The item I received was not a notebook memory but a Desktop PC2700 memory. It took almost an hour getting through to bestbuy customer support after numerous disconnects. The rep told me I can either send it back or go to the local store for exchange. I went to three local stores and not one carry the item. As matter of fact just to show you how slick they are the replaced the sodimm notebook memory online with the desktop memory about a week after my purchase so that the in store sales reps could not look them up and offer me any exchange. This is not the first time I've shopped with them. They have also previously screwed up my order. Obviously this store is not in the business of customer satisfaction. There is very little chance that I will ever shop with Bestbuy.com again."

2003-07-28

"This store has the worst service quality I have ever had. "

2003-07-14

"The Same story again:

On 07/11/03 I received this e-mail "Your order has been canceled because the special delivery item is no longer available. Your credit card and any Digital Dollars used for this purchase have been credited."

On 07/12/03 I contacted my credit card company.
It still showed the canceled order purchase on my statement. I called BB the CSR said that it takes 5 to 7 days to take the charge off my statement.

This is not a way to run a business, it's the way to ruin a business.

2003-07-12

"This company took my order and an item. They sent me an e-mail, with an delivery status: Delivery date of 07/31/2003 confirmed.They charged my credit card.

On 07/12/03 I contacted my credit card company.

This is not a way to run a business, it's the way to ruin a business.

This review was modified by Tomass on July 12 2003 10:05:11 PM

2003-07-03

"I ordered off their site and specified the option for in-store pickup. At the store, I was given the 100$ rebate form for in-store purchases only. I filled it out and sent everything in that was required. It came back to me 2 months later. I was told that I should have filled out the web purchase form instead of the one that was given to me. Because it took so long for them to process it, the offer wasn’t valid any longer. So I’m screwed. "

2003-07-01

"Best Buy did not send merchandise, took extended period to confirm loss of shipment and then wanted me to pay to send them confirmation I have not received the merchandise to credit my account.
Bad Business!

Muskegon, MI
2003-06-27

"The employees are very friendly and not pushy at all. They are always eager to assist and give honest opinions about products, unlike my experience with Circuit City where I was constantly being pressured into higher priced items that I did not want.

I am always able to find the products in stock at the store that I have researched on their web site and I get occasional suprise rebates that were not advertised, not to mention that alot of items are marked down from their sticker prices and usually cheaper than anywhere else in the area.

My only complaint would be that I always get asked to buy into the extended warrantly plan offered by Best Buy, even on very low price electronics. But their pitch is only a short "Would you like a 3-year service plan?" and when I say no, I am not asked or pressured further. After my 100th or so visit, it does get a bit annoying.

Overall, I would have to say that Best Buy is the best electronics/appliance stores I have ever shopped in and I continue to choose them first when the need for something comes up.

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!