• Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.30/10 1.30/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.47/10 1.47/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"This store will not honor their prices! Avoid buying from this store at all cost. Sure, they may advertise better deals than other online/local merchants but following through on the price is a different story. Don't bother trying to settle a dispute via email or phone because you are a drop in the bucket compared to all the other consumers that will keep on shopping there. If they keep up this type of service, this bucket will develop a leak that grows with time. Best Buy does not know how to run a business! Even if you have to pay a higher price, shop elsewhere. You will get better support and customer service."

"My order was wrongly cancelled and I have yet to get any answer as to why."

"Never received my merchandise. Numerous questions and complaints were replied to via form letter, leading me to believe my feedback didn't (and doesn't) matter. Never once got a call or mail from a real person.

I'll take my business elsewhere, thankyou.

"Best Buy has had several different offers like the VisionTek Ti4600 where they post one price, get a bunch of people to order, sell their information to Cheetah Mail, and then cancel all the orders. Any folks out there get in on that big TV they offered for around 500? And then had their order cancelled? And then send out computer generated replies that they can do this due to their nearly invisible TOS? I don't recommend anyone I know to purchase from them anymore. "

"Avoid Best Buy at all costs. They will refuse to pricematch (claming an item is out of stock), and then offer to sell at full price. When you agree to buy at full price, the product miraculously appears from behind the counter. Item numbers and product skus are changed from the original items at one price to other mysterious product names (Red Ryder BB Gun, Radio Flyer Wagon, etc) while the price of the original item at a new sku is now changed. Errors made by the company result in varying excuses with no uniformity - any attempt to contact this company results in a form letter with a refusal of any personal correspondence. This company uses blatantly deceptive practices to commit fraud."

"Terrible. I will never buy from them again!"

"Best buy offered the worst service I have ever experienced. My emails asking questions about my order were answered saying that my questions would be researched. I never got another reply after that.
They must still be researching.
Poooooor Service Bad Bad Bad

"Typically retail pricing should mean this reseller differentiates itself with service and/or selection. Selection is about average for big box stores. Service is awful. In my experience, employees (when they can even be located) are uneducated on product lines and functionality. I have received more help from other customers than Best Buy sale speople. Predominant focus seems to be on selling Service/Maintenance Plans, apparently due to strong corporate push.

Beware of their (claimed) mistaken-laden website. There are multiple documented cases of order cancellation due to BestBuy claiming system errors, pricing mistakes, and items that are claimed to be no longer available (only to reappear shortly thereafter at a new, higher price). I, myself, had an order for a graphics card accepted and a hold put on my credit card for the purchase price, only to have the order cancelled several days later due to what was first reported as a "system error," then a pricing mistake. Website "Terms of Service" are completely non-obvious, and equal parts onerus and ambiguous.

Bottom Line: Spend your money elsewhere-- you will pay less and get more just about anyplace else.

"Webpage stated "special" pre-order price for a GF4. Ordered it... order canceled.. recieved email stating cancelation with "suggestion" to purchase at a higher price with web links and everything.. clasic bait-switch tactic. I did some research and found that this is not the first time BB has done this. Of course they pulled it again in a couple weeks. It's not so much the cancelation that upsets me but the constant emails for days stating: Canceled -> Backorder -> Canceled -> Buy at higher price.... then selling my email address to a direct marketing firm.. real classy!"

"Violation of multiple state and federal advertising laws (deception in advertising) -- sells email address regardless of if you select "No, I would not like to receive these offers. [via email]""

"I also ordered the GeForce 4 video card. The story is the same as everyone elses... after my 'purchase' (their own word) - they cancelled my order even though they had reserved the funds from my American Express. Best Buy has many times made bogus offers via their web site (Two TV's, and this GeForce 4 card) and through their stores (same GeForce 4 card - this time offered at $179.99). Buy Buy is the worst buy."

"BestBuy.com is entering into a system by which it is their policy to offer items (RAM, Video Card, TV) at a low "introduction" or "closeout" price on their website and then switch you from that item to the exact same item at 3 times the price. Its a new generation of bait and switch covered by a non-legal binding "I can do what I want" Terms of Service."

"Best Buy cancelled my order twice, without notification. The price of the memory almost tripled in the mean time. As per BB CSR's instructions I ordered third time. Told price would be corrected. It took several emails, phone calls, and over two months later, to get the price corrected. Best Buy caused me way too much grief. I did everything exactly as the CSRs told me to, and they still couldn't get it right. Best Buy's left hand doesn't know what it's right hand is doing."

"I ordered a GeForce4 Ti4600 and had the order cancelled because of an "error". They do not honor their price mistakes."

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!