Stores > Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.17/10 2.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.88/10 2.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.73/10 1.73/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.07/10 3.07/10
Voice your opinion! Review Best Buy by clicking a star below.
2016-12-12

No warranty

"Hi
I bought an item in best buy store Edmonton.
After 2 months it wasn't walking.
After 2 months of research my receipt I brought it in the store women told me no warranty you have to call the manufacturer.
Don't buy in this store.
Normally warranty is 1 year. I didn't buy from manufacturer to deal with him!

2016-12-12

Great computer, great service!

"I like to buy things on the specials. Thank you, Best Buy, for good prices!"

2016-12-10

Really Unthoughtful Employees. The Worst Customer Service I've had.

"I went to the store because I needed an SD card for my Canon T5i Camera because I was about to cover an event. There were no employees around to help me out find them. An old lady asked me if I worked at the store and when I replied that I didn't she said: "They shine by their absence." The employees that I did find were conversing in the middle of the store and told me they were on break.

When I went to the cashier to pay for the card, there was just one of them. She had to solve some issue for the one client she was attending. This event took her 10 minutes on the clock. Then she took a whopping 18 minutes to scan every product, and charge him. I was the client next in line, but after me, five more people arrived and were noticeably upset.

There were three management employees in front of the cashier's area joking, laughing and just casually hanging out. They looked at me several times and did nothing. I've worked in the hospitality industry for close to 18 years, and this is not good customer service.

Needless to say, I got late for the event and won't be buying from Best Buy anymore and will surely tell people about my experience.

2016-12-03

Good service but could use some more staff

"I had to return a pc monitor that I bought online at bestbuy.ca and the overall experience went well. I had not visited any Best Buy in a while and was surprised by how low they were in staff! The economy may be in relation as I think its becoming this way everywhere. They were hard to reach by phone but that was understandable due to the long line for Black Friday/Cyber Monday returns."

2016-11-30

Horrible Service

"We should be able to select a negative star because that is how horrible Best Buy service is. Bought a tv bundle and Best Buy gave a four hour delivery window. They never came. Called four hours past the scheduled time and were mad that I was no longer home. Have called twice to reschedule was soon hold for over thirty minutes. First time they disconnected, second time stated to leave a message and they would callback in 24 hours no call received. Called again got transferred multiple times on hold another 40 minutes. Pathetic service will cancel order and never shop there again."

2016-11-28

IGNORED AT MAYFIELD HTS STORE

"Went in to purchase 2 Sonos Speakers. I asked for help they where to busy. I waited a half hour and had to figure out for myself which speakers to purchase. Had I not been tired I would have not purchased anything at this store. Wanted to speak to the manager and one associate said I could go to customer service. I told him about the poor service I received and got a gratis "Sorry about this".

If I could give this store a negative rating I would. My next Audio purchase I will just go and shop at Costco. If I said they where horrible I would be giving them a compliment.

2016-11-27

Bad

"I placed a online order on Black Friday, stayed up till after midnight,
To wake up Friday with a email that my order was cancelled,
Till I got someone on the phone, after a hour they told me my Credit Card didn't work,
I called AMAX,
They told me that Best Buy didn't even etemped to charge my card
I tried calling back, sent from one person t another,
Just making fun of people

2016-11-27

NEVER BELIEVE A WORD THEY SAY

"Best buy does not have customer service. There is a name you can click on their web page, but it only goes to more links you can click, none of which have any value at all.

They have a customer service phone number. 1-888-BESTBUY --- If you are patient enough to decipher that idiotic crap, it translates into something you can dial 1-888-237-8289 --- That leads to a survey or something recorded followed by a hangup from them. Absolutely no customer service.

When you buy something in the store, they will promise a delivery date and give you a printed page ensuring it, but DO NOT believe it. It may or may not happen.
Their system does not show what is actually in stock with the vendors.
If there is any problem, you WILL NOT be notified of the change. You will sit there for days, or weeks and NEVER know what has happened.
If you were fortunate enough to be served by Pacific Kitchen and Home, or another contractor they have hired, you can contact those reps and get an answer...but they TOO must rely on Best Buy's internal systems...so no matter how hard they try...they are as much victims of Best Buy's eternal incompetence as you will be if you buy there.

2016-11-24

Should have ZERO star

"Went to store to buy a phone and the guy was unable to edit my BB account and change the address.
Despite his effort to fix it, he was just unable to do it (lack of intelligence, maybe), end up losing the deal (black friday) because nobody could do it.... Went to another store and the guy fix it, but they didn't have the phone anymore.
This is the second time (and last) that I tried to buy a phone at Best Buy and something went wrong because they are unable to do it (or just do it wrong). They have no clue what they are doing.

2016-11-09

I want to like you but you make it hard

"I ordered a lovely, new mobile phone from BestBuy. Great price. Great phone. Wow, it was like pulling teeth to get this ordered. Where do I begin ...

Firstly let me explain that I am Canadian and live just a few houses from the border. I cross to the USA and have ordered hundreds of items online to a parcel service office in Washington state near my home. I have a US credit card from a US bank with the same parcel service office address for billing. If a website accepts my Canadian credit card I use that one otherwise I use the US card.

Best Buy does accept foreign credit cards and has excellent documentation on how to do this. Sadly, the phone number listed in their help for foreign orders is no longer in service. After following their procedures for foreign orders I successfully ordered my phone. Sadly, I was mistaken as the order was cancelled with no explanation. I tried calling but it was "after hours" but the business hours were not stated. I tried two more times with different addresses, both additional orders were cancelled without explanation. For all three cancelled orders my credit card was successfully charged as reflected on my banking website.

The next day I called BestBuy customer service who escalated the cancellations to another department. Unfortunately they could not take my order by phone because it was for an unlocked phone (huh?). Rather than waiting to hear back I had two backup plans. One, try using a PO Box I have in Washington state or two, use my US credit card. The order successfully went through on my US credit card.

I did hear back on the escalation. The three cancelled orders were cancelled because the addresses used are for parcel shipping offices which is not allowed for foreign orders? Wow, Amazon, Best Buy, Zappos, Tire Rack, New Egg and dozens of other companies have no issue with these office. What does BestBuy know that they don't?

My order arrived much slower than the promised 2 day shipping but within one week which was acceptable for me. After I got the phone I went online to print a receipt. After logging in and viewing my order the closest thing I could get to a receipt was an "order details" page. I looked online at the BestBuy website help and found the instructions on how to print a receipt for an online order. Unfortunately the instructions were, again, incorrect. The instructions made reference to a "View Order Receipt button" which did not exist. I called BB customer service and they advised me the order details page print is all they offer in the way of a receipt. No receipt was in the box when shipped. No receipt was ever sent in the many emails from BestBuy regarding this order, nor was a link to a receipt offered. I contrast this with the many other online retailers I have shopped with and can't help the feeling of being underwhelmed.

Shopping with BestBuy.com:

Pros:
- Often good prices on name brand merchandise
- Can return to brick and mortar stores
- Free two day shipping on many items
- Easy to contact customer service

Cons:
- Incorrect web pages. The only thing worse than no information is bad information
- Bizarre policies that allow orders to proceed then get cancelled without explanation
- 2 day shipping not always honored without explanation
- No online receipt or invoice
- Customer service, while easy to contact, often can't resolve the issues

Summary:
Best Buy is a well known national brand that really should be a leader in creating an easy, excellent online experience. I really expected so much more. One only needs to make an Amazon order or two to see just how wonderful a web merchant can be.

2016-10-29

Horrible customer service!!!

"Purchased a dryer online. Setup appointment. Appointment window available was late in the day. 4-8pm. Had to do a lot of shuffling to be able to be home for delivery but I made it work. My husband also wanted to be here so he took time off of work.
I get a call an hour into my appointment window saying they won't be delivering my dryer and would I like to reschedule. Ummm, excuse me, WHAT?? No reason given, it just didn't get loaded on the truck in the morning mind you. And they waited until after 5pm to let me know! WTF!?!?!?
I called their customer service. They tell me the dryer can't be located. Ummm, ok, what does that mean exactly? I never got an answer but they were pushing me to reschedule even though they had no idea if they even had the item. Absolutely the biggest waste of time and energy. Oh, but he offered me a $25 gift card for the inconvenience. They can stick it. I will never, ever shop there again!!! Inept to say the very least. Purchase canceled!!

2016-10-27

time consuming hunt for my order and my $100 is gone . No assistance from anyone.

"I ordered an ink cartridge online and when it failed to show up I tried to track it but the website kept rejecting the order number I was given. When I finally found a number to call they said I would have to talk to the courier but they couldn't give me the name. I finally reached the seller who said that courier tried to deliver but I wasn't home so they dropped it off in another town for me to pick up. When I asked for a refund they said they won't.refund until I can prove it was returned to them. The courier won't talk to me . They said they have to talk to the seller.. Seller, which is Mike's Computer Shop say they can't talk to the courier. So they have kept my $100 and there's no one who will take any responsibility for this. I ordered this from Best Buy. Don't ever order anything online from them."

2016-10-11

Very poor customer service

"I have been waiting 2 weels for an in store exchange on a TV that quit working days after I bought it ,,after 2 weeks of waiting for it never hearing a thing from store I called only to hear they dis continued the brand I had they basically just left me sitting here knowing nothing,they didn't help in any way of exchanging it with another TV that was the same price they claimed they didn't have any tvs lol ..so you ask what about the money they owed me they claim it was credited back to my credit card in which it wasn't..so not only am I out of a TV I'm also out of 300 dollars as of now ..I wish I could give a negative star because even 1 star is a joke..never again will I do business with best buy my next phone call is going to be to The Better business Bureau "

2016-10-10

horrible customer service

"I just went into Brighton, Mi store 841 and had the worst experience of my life. 2 hrs I will never get back"

2016-10-09

New release did purchase

"Best Buy has a big display right when you walk in. The display has big letters that say NEW RELEASE.
I bought the cheapest of the displayed xmen movie. I get home and the movie was not the new but rather the old xmen movie in a new cover. The old one was not in the wrong spot either. When I tried to return the movie for the new one they would not take the rerun saying that it's a dad and they don't allow dvd return.

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!