Stores > Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.95/10 1.95/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.33/10 2.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.39/10 2.39/10
Voice your opinion! Review Best Buy by clicking a star below.
2017-02-01

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

"System is down for maintenance--in middle of the day??, customer service rep not willing to take any extra measures to get ahold of delivery company to turn truck around that's already an hour late, now I've waited 5 hours, no 30 min call before arriving, no knock at the door, no ring of the doorbell. Told driver is not required to knock on door. What?? I didn't get 30 min courtesy call and they don't tell you they've arrived?? How does that work? And, this happened nearly an hour AFTER the 4-hr delivery window. Only reason why I thought they must have stopped by is because I heard a delivery truck driving away. Still in disbelief. Huh. How DOES that work?? They DON'T deserve even 1 star. On top of that, 2 different customer service reps hung up on me. Huh? Why even have a customer service line if the reps don't know how to deal with an inquiry pleasantly? I just dropped $5200 and still haven't gotten my oven since end of last year. i wouldn't be wasting my time writing this if the reps were at least courteous."

2017-02-01

Order Support Is Awful

"I tried to order a pair of Beast earbuds on the Best Buy website yesterday, and paid the extra $10 for 1 day shipping so I would get them today. I then got an email saying that Best Buy would be crediting me back the $10 because my order was now delayed another 22 days. I tried to just cancel the order at that point so I could go to a Best Buy store 6 miles away to get the earbuds, but the policy states that you have to cancel within 30 minutes of placing the order. This makes sense if your item can ship as normal, but makes no sense if your item will not ship for 3 weeks! I was on the phone with the support team (who has no authority to cancel), and asked to speak with a supervisor. However, I was told that the supervisor was "TOO BUSY TO TALK TO ME" and would have to call me back later. Not what you want to hear after being on the phone for 20 minutes already. I will never be buying anything from Best Buy again, and am extremely disappointed in how this situation was handled."

2017-01-26

Best prices

"I love specials in BestBuy. Thank you for my new Smart TV!"

2017-01-25

Purchased a 5 year service plan and Best Buy will not honor it

"1 1/2 years ago I purchased a Samsung Washer and Dryer set , and a 5 year geek squad service plan for 3,000.00 . In Sept of 2016 the washer stopped working . Best Buy came to repair it 4 times each time the repair didnt work . They refused to replace the Washer . In Jan 2017 almost 6 months without a washer Best buy told me to contact Samsung directly . Where I was told I can get 742.00 toward a new washer . Best Buy refused to honor the service contract . It truly is not worth it to purchase anything from this horrible place . I just took delivery yesterday of a new washer and dryer from a local business . at the cost of 2,600 . Boy did I get ripped off . "

2017-01-24

Geek Squad - unreliable customer service.

"(Geek Squad). Worst customer service I've ever experienced! It's been 2 weeks I've been trying to reach customer service just for a status on my laptop. Still nothing. Either they don't answer the phone or when they do they put me on hold and hang up! Never shopping at Best Buy again. I give them a few years until they lose business. Their average customer ratings are very low and the general perception is that they are doing nothing to fix it. Not customer focused at all."

2017-01-23

Horrible untrustworthy service

"I ordered an item. Online it said I'd have it by this Wednesday. On Thursday the status changed and said it was now coming 7 days later. I call and complain because the item was time sensitive and I only purchased with Best Buy because they said they would have it ready in store by Wednesday. Customer service gives me a whole whopping $10 back on my $160 order. Then, instead of shipping it to me, they still expect me to come to the store to pick it up. Worst customer service I have ever received. Best Buy is in a rapid flush down the toilet."

2017-01-22

Terrible customer service

"Ordered a laptop during the thanksgiving sale 2016, which was supposed to be a gift. Couple of weeks later, after gifting it to my brother for his school, we realized that its not the computer we ordered. Contacted customer service who refuses to return or exchange it as its an older processor. Well, i didnt want one in the first place. They expected me to settle down for a minor refund of money for the price difference, as of today. Horrible experience. Basically wasted 400$ for something that does not serve the purpose and for an outdated product i was forced to buy. Would never shop from best buy again. The customer service guy didnt even care to apologize once."

2017-01-22

Amazing!

"I've been buying from this store for years. Nearby, cheap and great costumer service! I had to return my nintendo 3DS and it was a quick process with the guy helping us making polite conversation. He even gave us a $13 gift card after we finished! Love how many products are in the store."

2017-01-21

BESTBUY DELIVERY THE WORST!!!

"THE DELIVERY SERVICE IS HORRIBLE! THIS IS MY WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!! I BOUGHT WASHER AND DRYER 4 MONTH AGO!!!!!! 4 F,,,ING MONTH AND HAVEN'T RECEIVED IT YET!!!! YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE HOW ANGRY I AM AFTER ANOTHER FAILED TRY TO RECEIVE MY ITEMS...... I WAS TRYING TO TALK TO DELIVERY MANAGER DAVID(HE DID'T WANT TO GIVE ME HIS LAST NAME OR NUMBER) , BUT HE WAS RUDE AND HELPLESS. JUST SAID THAT I HAVE TO CONTACT COSTOMURE SUPPORT AND HANG UP ON ME. I TRYED TO CALL HIM BACK BUT HE DIDN'T ANSWER ME ANYMORE.
LAST WEEK O BOUGHT THE TV ONLINE FROM BESTBUY.COM. I RECEIVED THE TV WITH CRACKED SCREEN. I WENT TO THE LOCAL STORE TO EXCHANGE THE TV, BUT THE STORE COULDN'T DO THAT, BECAUSE THEY SENT ME THE WRONG MODEL, NOT AS I ORDERED, SO IT DIDN'T MATCH THE RECEIPT. I HAD TO SPENT THERE 4 HOURS TO MAKE IT HAPPENED!!!!!!
WOULD NOT RECCOMEND BESTBUY!!!!!

2017-01-11

Best Buy institutionally indifferent, don't care

" I purchased a Garmin GPS today, December 20th but was not offered an extended warranty - today, December 20th - I called the store and only got useless menu options frustrating me and putting me off from every returning to a Best Buy - why should I?

It was insulting when trying to telephone the store, getting only an unresponsive menu selection and a complete inability to speak to a human being. I called the ‘888' number to complain and try to find a human to reply to my complaints which took multiple menu options, hold options and call-back from a representative. It is dehumanizing to have my time trivialized and spent like it matters little.

The call-back option person was in the Philippines; useless and uninformed. She told me to call the store if I had a problem - my problem was in calling the store, the menu options were useless. I asked to be transferred to the USA. She refused and said there is no option to transfer my call. I asked to be transferred to Minnesota; she refused saying there are no options to transfer to Minnesota and to call the store. It was a useless call, a waste of my time and failed of its essential purpose:

I. To talk with a human being about my dissatisfaction with a useless menu system;
II. To complain about how customers are treated including routing my complaint to the Philippines to someone uninformed and unintelligible;
III. To find out if I have an extended warranty option of what I just bought.

I wasted over an hour on this and your customer disservice and [Best Buy’s] astonishingly self-defeating system called customer service. I will shop elsewhere and only at Best Buy as a last resort. I was going to get a DVD player as a gift for someone which I will now buy [& everything I need] elsewhere.

What a monumentally stupid system Best Buy has adopted. It is a target-rich consumer environment out here, lots of online sellers and competitors who value customers. I have enclosed a reprint attributable to Sam Walton - your customer service personnel [including those in the Philippines] should read it and quite possibly adopt the philosophy.

I have sent this to your Best Buy, Minnesota as a courtesy as well.

2017-01-11

LOVE Best Buy

"I don't understand all the hate I love best buy orders always ship on time and promptly"

2017-01-07

WASTE OF TIME!

"When I got to Best Buy's page at ResellerRatings.com and saw the 2.4 rating I was not surprised. Nor am I surprised to see that "Best Buy is not a merchant member!" because they obviously don't really care about customer service.

I need to buy two identical laptops. Found a model on their website that had the features we want, put two in the cart and started the check-out process to make sure they were available. Turns out that they can be purchased only from a store. A pop-up informed me that no store within 250 miles had any. This, despite the note on the page saying "May be available in stores."

Surprised by this, I called their main number. Told the automated system I was calling about purchasing laptops and it informed me that Best Buy is "unable to assist with purchasing or availability of computer products over the phone" and referred me to the stores.

Called a local store, gave them the SKU and they confirmed that none were available. In fact NONE were available ANYWHERE in their system. And she proceeded to defend they website and implied that I was being difficult because I questioned it.

In short, Best Buy's website lists products that are not available but doesn't try to sell you anything else. Meaning they do the first part of 'Bait-and-Switch' but are too lazy/stupid to do the second part.

Based on my experience, I suggest you spend your time and money elsewhere.

suzithebest's Avatar

Miami
2017-01-04

Happy with my purchase

"Samsung UN55KU7000FXZA LED Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR. I love this tv. The picture is so clear and beautiful. It looks so realistic! Our only complaint is that every time we want to watch something using our wireless internet connection we have to sign out and sign back in to get it to connect. So a little annoying but overall very happy with our purchase."

2017-01-02

Smooth transaction.

"For years I've occasionally bought from Best Buy at their stores. It's always been a good experience. When I purchased a wrong item for my computer, it was a quick no-hassle return. They also had the best sale price on a monitor I recently wanted, and plenty were in stock at the store. My online transaction was easy, shipping was fast, the item was of great quality and exactly as advertised, the price was a bargain, package was securely packed, and the invoice was clear. There's a handy Merchandise Return Form at the bottom of the invoice, or the option of a free return in their stores."

2016-12-28

Very satisfied with my purchase!

"I went into Best Buy to purchase a TV. I had done research previously and knew exactly which one I wanted. I've been burned before by experiences at Best Buy but not this time. I found someone to help me carry it out, they did not try to push me to a more expensive TV or in any question my purchase decision (in the past this has happened). He carried it out, put it in my car and away I went (after paying of course lol). I have been very satisfied with my purchase!"

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!