• Best Buy contact information

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.69/10 1.69/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.99/10 1.99/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.70/10 1.70/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"This company has a serious problem with inventory control. When I place an order for in-store pickup, I expect them to have it waiting for me if the store sends out the "Your order is ready for pickup" email. On multiple ocassions now, they have sent out the confirmation email that confirms the order has been allocated and picked from the shelf/stock yet when I get there not a single person can find my items. This problem happens specifically at their Westbury, NY store very often.

The last time I placed an order they had half the order but confirmed the entire order as ready for pickup and when I get there they have no idea where the other half is then realize it was never even picked as the stickers were still sitting at the desk. The associate goes to check inventory and can't find it in stock yet on the website it lists the item as in-stock at that location still. After 25 minutes of waiting, I ask to just switch the color, and NOPE can't do that cause it's a bundle. Can they return and rebuy? NOPE. Instead the best option they gave me was to waste the rest of my lunch hour and drive to another store and get the rest of the order. FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE RIGHT THERE!

The first time it happened I let it slide, but when they can't find your items after they confirm they're ready for pickup, that store has some serious problems.

"Despite the terrible reviews best buy has on here - I have received good service from them time and time again"

"I purchased a Dell Inspiron 20” Non-Touch all in one desktop computer from a store in Dallas, TX on 7/3/2012. On 7/14/2012, I had to take it back because when I turned the computer on, it would go to a blue screen, but not fully boot up to Windows. At this time, I was able to exchange the original computer for a new one (please note this was an 11 day difference).

On 5/5/2013, I took the replacement computer I received on 7/14/2012 back to the same Best Buy store because the screen was showing too much white. The computer was diagnosed at the store and sent to the Geek Squad service center, where the motherboard was replaced.

On 9/29/2013, I once again had to take the computer in to the same Best Buy store because it would not come on at all. They took it to the back and said that the motherboard would need to be replaced again. However, since the manufacturer’s warranty had run out, they could waive the shipping fee, but it would probably cost me $200-$300 to have it fixed.

I bought an HP computer from WalMart that lasted 8 years with no problems at all. I purchased my new computer from Best Buy with the belief that the products sold there would be at least as good quality, if not better, than WalMart. Long story short, I will not be shopping at Best Buy ever again.

modified review This review was modified by DN0225 on October 06 2013 06:42:22 PM

"Really wish I would have bought my dishwasher elsewhere. First headache was just buying the dishwasher. I applied online for their credit card which then linked to my account. I did this to save the 5% they advertised. Sure enough my CC couldn't be used. 7 calls to best buy, fraud dept etc. finally gets this resolved with about an hour of my time invested. The website then says I can get a weekend delivery and that the item is in stock. Now they call me and the delivery will be next weekend. Avoid this company. Wish I would have read the reviews here before buying. I hope I don't have to mess around with returning the dishwasher - looks equally painful from reading the reviews here.

Update: so a week later Best Buy cancels my order! They tell me that Best Buy has discontinued the dishwasher. I just called them back to get more information on what happened. Thinking that the mfg discontinued the dishwasher. No - this is not the case, it is a newer item and Best Buy has simply decided not to carry the item in my area. Yet - it is still possible for me to buy this dishwasher online! Unf*(*Uing believable. I bought the same dishwasher again at Lowes. AVOID BEST BUY AT ALL COSTS FOR APPLIANCES as they will seriously waste your time.

modified review This review was modified by mikef135 on October 12 2013 09:22:23 AM

"Got the new iPhone at bb and have no complaints!"

" Short story long: I was eyeing some Logitech G930 Wireless Headphones on my FAVORITEST online shop NCIX, they were on sale for $139 (reg $179), I add it to cart and mull it over. By the time I decide to buy it a few days later, the sale is over! Oh well, my bad. I look on BestBuy.ca, and find they have the same set on for $139 as well, with free shipping! Cool Beans! So I picked them up, they arrive quickly - no problems there. Here where it gets crazy: NCIX emails a weekend sale, my headphones for $99! Nice! So I read BB's pricematch policy, they will match online retailers. Great. Now I'm not some super-shrewd shopper who scours the web to price match, in fact, I don't think I've ever done a price match anywhere, but $40 is $40. I phone them up, and tell the woman my story and where to find the item. She pulls it up on screen, and immediately points out that the item states it is "limited quantity" and they can't price match it. I was a little taken aback, as everything on every website, sale or no, states that it is limited quantity. I don't know if that's for the legal department or just marketing to make people want to buy impulsively, but even BestBuy's own website says that on all their items. I asked to be escalated to a supervisor and she stuck to her guns, and let me know in kinder words that my only options were to love it or leave it. I chose to leave it, and drove to the nearest BestBuy to return the item, so that I might purchase it at NCIX for less.

So in short, BestBuy's price match policy is a farce, and you don't have a chance in hell of price matching anyone, ever, because that's how it was designed. I was forced to drive to the store, and return the item. Conveniently, the kids at the store didn't have their heads up their rears and price matched it. But to make me go through the work (I don't have a BestBuy in my city) of driving over there, was pretty crappy.

BestBuy needs to have some customer service training and accountability for their phone reps, and understand that if they want to keep existing (which is doubtful already) in a competitive market, they need to stop giving customers reasons to shop elsewhere.

I will not shop their again because I would rather shop somewhere that takes care of their customers.

modified review This review was modified by butterman_jr on September 22 2013 07:25:07 PM

"I bought a DVD player and thought there was a 30 day return policy. There was only a 15 day return policy and when I came to return it on the 19th day, they would not let me return it. They do not care about their customers and I will stick to shopping with B&H, even if I need to wait a little longer."

modified review This review was modified by yfield on September 22 2013 07:00:44 PM

"The worst customer service I have ever experienced. My parents bought me a TV for my birthday and no one explained Best Buy's strict return policy to them. Not knowing, I tried to exchange the TV a few days after I received it (only 5 days after the 15 day return policy was up) and they would not accept the product for exchange at all. I had the receipt and had never even attempted to use the product but they would not make any exceptions. My parents would not have purchased the TV from best buy if they knew this was going to happen. I will never be shopping here again."

"Mid August I visited a Best Buys store in DC to purchase a Samsung TV. As I am new in town I asked for it to be delivered. Delivery date was scheduled for Labor Day and after questioning the delivery date several times was assured that there would be a delivery on that day. After waiting in, in a new apartment with barely any furniture you can imagine that the TV didn't show up and a phone call at 4pm not only confirmed that there was no deliveries that day but the assistant had not placed my order. So now I was given a new delivery date for the following Monday. The delivery was 2 hours outside the appointed time but on unpacking the TV screen was found to be cracked so I had only sound. On phoning the customer service several times and having the phone disconnect on all occasions I got on the Metro and went to the store. The manager was, apparently "out" so I spoke to someone who was supposed to be in charge. The new delivery date for a replacement was in another 8 days! From ordering to receiving this TV took a total of 29 days. Folks they really cannot be bothered, the moral of this experience is, please think twice before you purchase anything from this company. They are hopeless at customer service. I will never set foot inside this store again."

modified review This review was modified by Claire2013 on September 15 2013 07:04:00 PM

"First of, how is Best Buy still in business???

I placed an order for a wireless mouse. It was shipped in decent time. When i opened it, the box was cut opened on the side with a knife and something was moving/missing from it. The bottom was opened and retapped back (poorly) with matted scotch tape. Through the clear cover over the mouse, i can see the scatches and dirt inside of it.....I wouldn't be upset if it was a item from cowboom, but we paid of a brand new seal item.....so they wanted up either pay shipping back for exchange or store credit or drive and return/exchange at store provided that they have the same item in stock. I got it in a less than pleasant color so we dont have to drive to the store, this defeat the purchase of online shopping if you still have to drive to the store to fix their mistake...

"I was tired of contract cell phones. Paying $200 for service every month when no contract is at max $55 a month for unlimited everything. Similar type phones etc. Only thing, if you buy at best buy like I did last Jan. And purchase the extra insurance, it doesn't mean that 6 months later they can actually offer the same phone like the insurance states. They can offer something similar, either means you get less for the same amount or you end up having to pay $40-$50 more for a phone comparable. So say you spend $150 on a phone(price matched from Virgin Mobile, normal price is $200) so you buy 2 of these phones, and pay $20 a piece for insurance. 6 months later you go to get the same phone and give them your old one because it glitches and blacks out when you need it most and they say either you get a cheaper and much more poor quality of a phone, or you can get an upgrade, you just pay the additional fee, and if you want protection on that guess what, Insurance for the new phone is an additional $30. WHAT! ALSO: I asked a rep there to look up my account and let me know what my interest pay off amount it by a certain date. They gave me price and due date before I would be charged the outrageous interest but come to find out, I get online to make my payment and HE TOLD ME JULY when in fact it was JUNE! I was 20 days late and had over $300 interest to pay now. Now, won't do anything to make it right. Thanks for the help. I won't be coming back if this is how they treat customers."

"I placed an order for a Neato Robotic Vacuum on Best Buy's website with the option to ship to store for pickup in 5-7 days. After 10 days of the order stuck in "Processing" state, I called Best Buy and representative Amelia had no idea why the order hadn't shipped but assured me that it would be escalated to the appropriate department and that I would receive a call back.

Two days later, I received an e-mail that the order was automatically canceled. I called Best Buy to find out why no one had called me back despite promising to update me on the status of the order, as well as find out why it was cancelled. After waiting on the phone for over 15 minutes, the representative claimed that the item was no longer in stock, yet the item is still available for purchase on the website with an option for delivery within 5-7 business days.

The entire experience left me with the distinct impression that Best Buy has no idea what it's doing nor how to manage an online commerce business. Their failure to process an order in a reasonable amount of time, irresponsible customer service representatives, and inability to explain why the order was cancelled when the item I order is still listed as available on their website, has lead me to never shop on Best Buy's website again.

Best Buy is a Fortune 500 company with an online commerce infrastructure 10 year out of date. I recommend everyone avoids placing orders with them!

"Thought I'd give Best Buy another chance after abandoning them several years ago. New CEO, supposedly better service, thought I'd give it a shot.

Ordered product online and received email that item was ready for pickup. Drove thirty minutes to the store and waited there for thirty more minutes only to find out they didn't have the item and their online ordering system had a glitch. An hour and a half of my time and gas money wasted. This company is still a joke. I'd rather see their stores vacant.

modified review This review was modified by GoGADawgs on August 07 2013 10:19:04 AM

"The absolute worst customer service I have ever dealt with. This company is a joke. I bought a camera and was trying to get it in in two days. They did not even ship it for two days after the order. They said that they were processing my card. Really that is the biggest joke. I go to stores all the time and come back two days later and pick up my groceries. Its normal"

modified review This review was modified by miruhland on July 31 2013 04:48:59 PM

"Today I attempted to return a product that was one day out of their 15 day return policy and they would not budge. I was a customer till today. No wonder they are losing business. Even their corporate would not help. "

modified review This review was modified by Sixtrips on July 22 2013 04:56:37 PM