Product & services pricing Rating 3.86/10 3.86/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.75/10 0.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.20/10 1.20/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.97/10 0.97/10

"I made a purchase online and prior to hitting submit, it told me the deliver date. After I pressed submit the delivery date changed, so right away I called up to cancel as this was the reason I was placing order. I was told by lady that she had canceled the order. The next day I notice a charge and call them up. I am told it was shipped, so now I have to wait for item, get a return label, ship it back and wait god knows how long for my account to be credited. All because of them screwing up and I am the one having to deal with it. Poor customer service and not an incentive to buy from them."

modified review This review was modified by Millward14 on October 29 2014 07:29:28 AM

"I bought to software games that didn't work and they wouldn't return them. I'm not shopping there anymore"

"Best buy from woodland park , NJ worst ever...poor customer service...worst manager unproffesional...manager is useless , unethical, helpless.Employees are worthless...I went to best buy to buy appliances because I needed to renew my whole kitchen and I waited more than an hour .I called the manager and he said he will send someone to help me with my purchase but no one came..They are lazy and liars...I recommend you all people to don't shop there ...bad customer service......It was my favorite but would never go back again!!!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by gennlo on October 24 2014 07:19:42 PM

"Don't do business with Best Buy or the Best Buy Credit Card. They are totally incompetent and have no idea which each other is doing. I've called both and been told multiple things that lead to my online order being canceled and driving to a store in another town and being turned away when I have $1,500 of credit available. I was excited to have the Best Buy Credit Card but this has been a total nightmare. The more chances I try to give Best Buy and the Credit Card the more they disappoint."

modified review This review was modified by ortizc87 on October 21 2014 01:12:28 PM

"I asked for a price match on an identical television that their competitors were selling for less but they couldn't do it because Bestbuy had 'limited' quantities. Curious adjective to use. Arent' all items limited in quantity? It sorts of cuts the legs off of any authentic claim of price-match-guarantee.

"Dear D****,

Thank you for your email inquiry regarding a credit under our Lowest Price Guarantee for the Sony 70" 1080p 120Hz 3D LED Smart TV (KDL70W840B).

Upon looking at the item it is limited quantities on our side therefore we are not able to approve this request.

Please visit our Customer Service pages on Bestbuy.ca for further information on our Lowest Price Guarantee.

Thank you for choosing Bestbuy.ca.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth
Bestbuy.ca

"I was in need of a new MacBook It took the employee at least fifteen minutes for him to finally find the keys and retrieve the new laptop. I had to remind him again about the student discount, because he had already forgotten.

The employee attempted to pull up the internet on one of the display laptops, and didn't even know how to do so. I went to the Best Buy website and had me put my .edu email on College Student Deals. I checked my inbox, and I had received a confirmation email. I clicked "confirm", and was told I would receive a second email with a barcode that they could scan in order for me to receive the discount. We waited five minutes, and I had not received the second email. We tried this twice, and still, nothing. Another employee came over, and told me to check my junk folder. It was not there, and he told me to wait. I waited, and still, nothing. I ended up doing this on three different devices; my phone, as well as two display MacBooks. I had to log in and out of my school email, keep entering my .edu email on the website, keep clicking "confirm" on the first email, and after at least seven tries, I still did not receive the second email with the barcode to scan. I was told to wait ten more minutes, and it was suggested I tried logging into another computer and trying again. The employee that was helping me kept running over to who I assume was a manager, asking what to do. He kept running back and forth, and the higher-up employee never ended up coming back over to help, when clearly there was an issue, and the original employee was so obviously struggling. I asked the original employee if it was possible to manually deduct the discount, since I am a student and the glitch was on Best Buy's end. He went over to the other employee again, and came back over to let me know that they were unable to do so. I was finally told that if I were to receive the email with the barcode to scan in two weeks, that I could bring in the barcode along with my receipt, and would then be able to receive the student discount. If I didn't receive that email in seven or so tries and forty-some minutes that this went on, clearly I'm not going to receive it within the next two weeks.

The original employee told me at least four times that the student discount would get me $100 off of my macbook purchase. But later on, I was told (very bluntly and completely unapologetically by the higher-up employee) that this was incorrect, and that the discount was only $50. This was incredibly misleading.

I told the original employee that I also needed to purchase Microsoft Office for my new Mac, and he told me that with the purchase of the laptop, that I would be receiving $20 off. Then, when we got to the desk to pay, he told us that it actually wasn't the $140 Microsoft Office package which I was purchasing that was $20 off, but the $65 one-year package? This made absolutely no sense whatsoever, and was also extremely misleading.

The employee had no idea how to run a check through the machine, and had to call someone else over. Another employee came over to help, and once the check went through the machine, it supposedly showed on the screen that he needed to call a number to authorize the check. The original employee had no idea how to use the Best Buy phone, so he proceeded to use his personal cell phone to call the number. He then had no idea what to say to the woman on the other end. He called another employee over to help him, and was then told that he needed to use the Best Buy phone, and so he had to be shown how to do so. My mother requested that the employee that had come over to help stay, because it was obvious that the original employee had no idea what he was doing. Once the original employee was reconnected with the woman who was trying to authorize the check, the other employee that had come over to help finally took the phone and talked to the woman to verify the check. After another five minutes or so, and after asking my mother all of the verification questions, and after having to repeat her phone number three times, the check was finally verified.

During the time that the employee that came over to help the original employee was on the phone and waiting for the woman to verify the check, my mother told him that we had been having an awful experience so far. He responded by brushing off what my mother said by saying in a slightly sarcastic and uncaring way that "bad days get better". And at least four times in a disconnected, condescending manner, he told us that he "appreciated our business" and "thanked us" for "being so patient". He did not ask us what had occurred, did not get the manager, and did nothing to attempt to improve our negative experience.

So, an hour and a half later, and $120 more than we were originally told that we would have to pay.

Absolute worst customer service that I have ever received. I will never purchase anything from Best Buy again.

modified review This review was modified by srhplrd on October 16 2014 07:46:09 PM

"Just had the worst experience at the best buy off of Colorado Blvd. and Mexico In Denver Colorado! My Phone screen broke in my pocket and I of course have a protection plan with best buy but that did not matter to the geek squad. Really best buy thats how you treat customers. They told me I will have to pay $150.00 to replace my phone. I did not agree and as I was leaving the supervisor at best buy told me to F**k Off under his breath. I never had this problem before and I have had a phone service plan for years with best buy. What is the protection plan for then! The S4 costs only 150.00 to replace new why would I pay the same price for a phone that I can buy off the shelf for the same price. Especially when I pay 20 a month in phone protection for the last 4 years! I spend thousands of dollars every year for my business to best buy but I will never again. I am in internet marketing and the last thing you want to do is ruin your rep by screwing over good customers. I will be making my presents felt every way through blogs, promotions, social media, and word of mouth on how terrible and ripped off I feel from best buy. Thank You Best Buy for ruining our relationship!

Sincerely,
One of your best customers!

modified review This review was modified by brianll21 on October 16 2014 12:25:09 PM

"GgggggggggggggggGgggggggggggggggGggggggggggggggg"

modified review This review was modified by courtney_tenaglia17 on October 08 2014 08:07:49 PM

"online order horrible experience, never buying from best buy again!!!!My card was hacked from Best Buy on line.I ordered 2 appliances 1 was back ordered but i was not told about it until the other one was delivered! No apologies,
I was waiting for a fridge, in the heat with a child in my home.I spoke to a manager , and they couldn't even give me a definitive date that the fridge would arrive. They said they would not refund the entire amount. i demanded that they would I am still waiting to see my bank statement. the amount charged was different than what showed up on line.
The entire process was a joke from beginning to end! Never again, I really question the ethics of Best Buy!

modified review This review was modified by glassgrl on October 07 2014 10:57:31 PM

"So let me preface that I have not purchased anything in a long time from Best Buy. I took the plunge a week ago and ordered a new washer and dryer under order number 674215012202 and they set a delivery day for October 6. I called twice to confirm the delivery day and per their email I would get a call the night before with a delivery window. Of course I don't get the call, so I am unsure if I should take the day off and wait for the delivery. Like the stupid jack ass that I am I stay home. On October 6 I call the 1800 best buy number and they show delivery is for today, but they can not see what the delivery window is because they have to wait until the store opens. They ask that I call back at 10 and speak to the appliance specialist. I call back at 10 and the appliance specialist tells me they have the washer dryer but that delivery is not scheduled.

Thank you best buy for wasting my time and making me waste a vacation day from work. They only happy ending to this story is that I did cancel the order and delivery. My advise is to not order appliances from Best Buy. The only positive thing I have about the experience is they refunded my money,

"Have dutifully paid Best Buy Credit card services for 4 years. Late with last payment.... they tacked on $25 LATE FEE and took me out of promotion.
3 years ago a computer I got from them WITH SERVICE AGREEMENT. ....went through HELL getting it fixed. Girl that accepted it wrote out everything!!! Monitor cracked internally. When fixed.....service mgr wanted to charge me for cracking screen. We almost went to blows.
I will never step inside a store EVER again!!!!!!!!!

"Best buy has so many systems problems I would never buy from them again. They are understaffed so you sit on a phone for minutes to schedule installation.

I made the mistake of spending $10,000 on TV and audio ad have regretted ever using Best Buy.

"I placed an order for 3 huge WorkForce Pro 4530 printers. Each box is 41lbs and huge, the box is very close to the size of my dishwasher!

On the day of delivery, I received two printers. I email BB support about the missing printer, and was told there were only "2" printers ordered.

I had to respond with a screen shot that showed my invoice, for some reason it created two lines. one with 1qty and a second line with 2qty.

Bestbuy said they would put in a "tracer" with ups to located the missing package/3rd printer.

I responded saying a 3rd printer was never sent. These things are huge!, and would each need its own box and tracking number.

I even responded with a picture of one box where it said "82lbs" 1of1. The other box I received said "41lbs 1of1".

It seems like there was a system error, and it created one shipping label for two printers. The tracking number does not say "1of2" etc.

Bestbuy does not care, saying UPS has look for the lost package. There is no lost package!

Tried my luck with phone support, after being on hold for 40mins I spoke to an agent that just kept saying "it shows 2 boxes were shipped, are you sure there is not two printers in one of the boxes".

After about 10mins of explaining this, the rep comes back saying their computers are down and if she could call me back. I asked for a supervisor, and said she could not transfer me till her computer updates.

I said ill wait. LOL Thats where we stand. Wait it go bestbuy.

I've never had a lost package by UPS and have never had to file a dispute for an item not received with my CC, so hopefully those odds will be in my favor because i've given up hope with BB.

"I ordered a new computer through their site. Checking out was an easy process and I received everything really fast and nicely packaged. "

"Best Buy deserves -5 stars for their unprofessional, incompetent customer service. Customer Service supervisor Jon didn't have the guts to talk to us a concern customer about a faulty gift card and had the nerve to ignore us and make his worker deal with it. We are going to deal with corporate customer service and voice our concern. No wonder Best Buy is going out of business. Worst service we've ever had. So disappointing because we spend lots of $$ at Best Buy but now that will change. "

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!