Stores > Best Buy

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.83/10 2.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.37/10 3.37/10

2015-10-09

"Absolutely amazing experience. And I don't mean a good one. Web site is from the early nineties. Threw me out of my cart three time before it accepted my PayPal payment option. Guess they don't like PayPal as PayPal offers a level of protection against their incompetence. Please the order, received a PayPal receipt with the Best Buy order number on it. I never received the e-mail confirmation from Best buy. The next day I received an e-mail from Best Buy stating that I had items still in my cart. Called customer service only to be dropped a total of three times. One time I was told that the order number I provided was not a real number?!?!? Asked for a supervisor and had to explain the whole situation again. Then was dropped again. Latoya was the last to help, put me on hold for over ten minutes only to come back and say it was going to 15 to 30 minutes additional for a supervisor. The items I tried to order wasn't that much cheaper then amazon, so in the future, that's who I'll use."

2015-10-07

"I bought a brand new iPhone 6s Plus fro Best buy a couple of weeks ago. The price was right and the service was okay. I am writing this review because I don't think it's fair how many bad reviews this place has when they are a big box retailer and most of the reviews seem to be from people that want an intimate experience instead of realizing that you go there to buy something and go home... I have shopped at best buy for 20 years and always feel that I get a fair deal. "

2015-10-07

"Many years ago I swore off of Best Buy due to their lack of simple understanding of customer service. Against my better judgement I decided to purchase a TV from bestbuy.com but after researching & deciding on the one I wanted, which was clearly advertisted on their website, I was told "shipping is available". I connected with an on-line support person who told me this was a clearance item & only available in some stores...buy he couldn't tell me which ones. His suggestion was for me to continually input various zip codes to see if I could get one from a store! Like I had the time to input hundreds of Zip codes on the random chance of finding the TV that was advertised on their site!
I told him my other option was to just take my business elsewhere. Bought it in less than 10 minutes on Amazon, got FREE delivery & it will arrive in 48 hours.
Bottom line...Best Buy has once again proven that they have no idea what customer service is! Horrible company to do business with. I'll NEVER even consider them again!

2015-10-06

"On Aug 1 we went into the Buford GA store and purchase a LG French Door refrigerator. We paid cash; the refrigerator was delivered on Aug 4. The delivery team seemed to do a good job installing the appliance so I gave them a good tip. On Aug 6 we saw water pooled around the floor, when we pulled back the refrigerator we saw that the delivery team used electric tape all over the water line which caused water to leak and damage our floors. We immediately called the store and talked to the manager who started a claim. A few days later we got a call from Andrew Johnson from Best Buy Resolution Department he stated that we needed to contact Danny Keller at Spirit Delivery as they are the ones that would be responsible for the damage caused by the delivery. When I called Spirit I never go a response. I left numerous messages without a return phone call. I called Mr. Johnson back and let him know what was going on. He sent an email to Spirit and I got a call back. I explained the issue. They told me to send over a pictures and a report of what happened. I did this. A week went by without any word so I called back and they told me that they did not know about this issue and that I needed to send over the pics again. I did it and sill no reply. I called them again and we got a call back and the lady told my husband that we needed to resend the pics and the report. I did it once AGAIN. Two days later I received a claims report form to fill out which I did and mailed it back to them. I got a call from Mrs. Buchanan from York Risk Services. She informed me that she would send out an adjuster in about a week or so. The adjuster came out and inspected the floor and looked at the water line that the delivery drivers installed. He took pictures and sent his report back to Mrs. Buchanan. Two weeks after without any call back I called Mrs. Buchanan who informed me that her delivery team is saying that they did not do the delivery and she could not pay on the claim. I called back Best Buy to inform them of this and Mr. Johnson is saying Best Buy does not do delivery and so they do not know who came out because all delivery is done through Spirit delivery. I found something very wrong with this. So you are telling me that Best Buy sets up delivery with people and send them out to their customer’s home without knowing who is coming out. He started getting an attitude with me and told me there was nothing he could do to help me so I needed to call back Spirit Delivery. I called back and spoke to Mr. Danny Keller and he told me he was the manager and would check on this because he does know that it was the delivery team that went out so he is not sure why they are saying it is not them. It is now October 6, 2015 and I have yet to get a call back to see who will take care of my damage floors. "

2015-09-30

"Horrible. I ordered a IPHONE and over a week later it still had not arrived. I should have used Amazon ... never a hassle, but BestBuy cannot compete it today's market either in shipping service or in price - Avoid."

2015-09-29

"I do my research online and go to Best buy to Price Match the item.
I like browsing their stock for movies which is getting smaller by the year.
Never had an issue with the sales staff

2015-09-29

"A DVD ordered directly from China did not play on my small, portable player. I took the DVD and player to Best Buy in Ft. Collins, CO, and found a sales associate, Tony, who explained the regional specificity of some software, examined and tested mine and recommenced a new, inexpensive player that has worked well. I entered the store with a problem and left fifteen minutes later with a good solution. I'll be back."

This review was modified by cologodan on September 29 2015 02:32:04 PM

2015-09-26

"After having a very bad experience, I stopped going to bestbuy. After 3 years, unfortunately I stepped into it and added a line (off contract) to my ATT family plan as they advertised $200 gift card. I was able to successfully add a line, some issue occurred and my new phone is activated but gift card was not generated. Sales associate was friendly and promised to send a gift in 6 days. After 7 days, I called the store, I see no one responding. Called Customer care and representative told that there is a gift card waiting but will be issued only after 14 days of active line. I was extremely unhappy and manager took over the phone and promised to call me back. Later I again called customer care and explained the situation and they tried to contact the store. After talking to store, she says gift card will be issued after 14 business days BY THE STORE as they have similar issues with other customers. Story didn't match up with the earlier call and questioned whether gift card is generated by the store or by back-end customer care. She told by the store. I was extremely frustrated asked why the story is not matching and I got a response that no record of me talking to customer care was found. I guess I might of talked to some bestbuy ghost representative earlier. I am not optimistic of getting a gift card, so Never Never trust Bestbuy. Till you buy the product, they act like they are the best people in the entire world to take care of a customer. Once you purchased the item, they will treat you like an idiot and show their extreme talent of delay tactics and fool you around. I seriously regret going back to best buy. "

2015-09-16

"We purchased a set of pots and pans and had them delivered, when we received them they were damaged, we immediately called to let them know and was told we could take them to any Best Buy store, we live 2 1/2 hours from the neareast one. We finally had the chance to go to the nearest store and the clerk could not help us and did not even know if his store carried the pot and pans (they didn't) we had to look thru the store. Upon arriving back at home we phoned the number that was given to us and was told they would not take them back because we were 2 days later than they would take them back. Best Buy was totally unhelpful and unwilling and when we called the main number we got a person that could barely speak English and when we asked to speak to someone else he just kept talking. Will NOT ever shop at any Best Buy again.

This review was modified by WMatherly on September 16 2015 11:37:11 AM

2015-09-15

"I had a horrible experience with Best Buy in Seekonk, MA. In general, Best Buy should extend its return policy to at least 21 days. 15 days is not enough time to determine if you want to keep a computer.

I bought a Lenovo laptop bundle that came with Kapersky (?) Internet Security and Microsoft Office. Around a week after getting the laptop, it started having issues. I called Lenovo and they were unhelpful. I should have returned it to Best Buy then but decided to keep it because I figured it wouldn't happen again. However, it started having other issues that my HP never had but by then, it was too late to return it.

More specifically about the Seekonk location, the employees at the customer service desk are not helpful or friendly. When I bought my bundle, I was charged one bundle price under the assumption that everything was included in the price. The cashier did not mention any additional charge to me. I didn't need the MS Office until yesterday but when I went to use it, I found that it wasn't activated.

Today, I went to Best Buy and talked to customer service. The Asian girl that helped (or didn't help) me was so rude even though I was calm and as nice I could be considering the circumstances. She told me that I needed to pay extra to use the MS Office. I explained that I was under the assumption that it was all included but she didn't seem to care. She acted annoyed. I asked for a supervisor and the supervisor guy was unhelpful and not very friendly either. Definitely not shopping there again or recommending any of my friends or family to Best Buy. There's too many other stores that sell electronics.

This review was modified by mesugsheerie on September 15 2015 02:33:04 PM

2015-09-07

"Purchased a WiFi thermometer at their site to be picked up. Site said they had them in stock. Went to store only to find they didn't have the item. My $270 will be tied up for at least the nest 3 or so days. "

2015-09-07

"Went to purchase a Gophone Lumia 640 that was on sale. In addition to sales tax, I was charged $1.05 for Prepaid Wireless E911. After I left the store, I noticed the plastic packaging was defective, so I went back to exchange it with another one. At Customers Service, I was told I have to pay another $1.05 (Prepaid Wireless E911) if I want to exchange it. I told them I changed my mind and requested refund, and was told I would be given refund minus $1.05 (Prepaid Wireless E911). Nothing on the sales receipt indicated that should I return a merchandise, I would be assessed the fee of Prepaid Wireless E911. After I got my refund (less $1.05), I went to the Target store next to the Best Buy, and purchased the same phone without having to pay the fee ($1.05) of Prepaid Wireless E911. I would advise to avoid Best Buy."

2015-08-25

"Purchased a new Laptop. Took it home and started it up. Short story, we could not get passed setup. Setup was asking for a password for "Defaultuser0 " we hadn't setup yet! We didn't have a password yet. There seems to be some issue with "Defaultuser0 " coming up on some units. There is a fix for it, but I think you need the disk. There is no disk with a new unit. We packed it up and RETURNED THE SAME DAY (4 hours later)!
Don't expect an easy return at Bestbuy. After Itzel thoroughly checked all parts were present, Itzel proceeded to boot up laptop. Itzel told us that unless we could give her the password, we would be charged $30 to have the password retrieved and unlocked! WE DIDN'T HAVE A PASSWORD! WE WERE NEVER EVER ABLE TO SETUP!! after arguing with Itzel about it, she found a manager. The manager told us "this is policy". (You will also go through this, if you have to return an electronic item, or?) The laptop was now given to geek area to go through and check the laptop. 20 minutes later, the manager said; okay, Itzel will give a refund as soon as she's done with them. We stood there at Itzel's counter watching as she finished with the customer she was with. Itzel finished with the customer, AND WALKED OVER TO THE LINE AND PULLED ANOTHER CUSTOMER OUT OF THE LINE AND STARTED TO HELP THEM! My wife walked over to Itzel and asked her why she wasn't taking us. Itzel said she would - after she was finished with yet ANOTHER customer. 35 minutes later, we were done with Bestbuy. FOREVER!!

2015-08-25

"The worst place 2 buy from!!! bought a $1500 sony tv took it home and it didn't work!! tried 2 return it the next day and they refused 2 take it back!! filed a report with the credit card company and BBB. don't shop here!!!!"

This review was modified by HusamAkkoub on August 25 2015 12:09:00 AM

2015-08-23

"This is the worst service I have ever experienced. I ordered a washer and dryer online and it showed in stock when I ordered. I have now had four different delivery dates and still no product. The geek squad can't seem to talk with the store and no one seems to care. I am canceling my order and just going to Lowes tomorrow and get one with next day delivery. Best Buy is the worst!!"

This review was modified by Usmcr on August 24 2015 04:29:45 AM

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!