Product & services pricing Rating 4.26/10 4.26/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.02/10 2.02/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.29/10 2.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.33/10 2.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10

"Just before Black Friday, I purchased a new dishwasher and microwave. Paid with store card which was to include delivery by Dec 18th and include 5 yr Geek Squad warranty, kit for dishwasher installation, removal of old dishwasher and installation of new which was a promotion at the time for any appliance over 499.00. The new dishwasher was 599.00 alone without extras. Only the microwave was delivered on the 18th, the dishwasher was delivered on Dec 27th. NO removal of old, no installation of new, even tho correspondence said it was. The delivery person said all he does is drop it off. Very disappointed in coordination of delivery and set up. I bought from Lowes the last time whit no problems what so ever and made the mistake of not choosing Lowes again..."

modified review This review was modified by kingfisch on December 27 2013 06:56:39 PM

"Warning! Best Buy will not take for return what I bought 3 days before Christmas even with the receipt. I tried returning the item only 1 day after Christmas and was denied. When i asked to speak to a manager i was told there was no manager who would know why i could not return the item. When i asked to speak to the corporate office, I was shut down again and was told no one there could help me. It is horrible when a huge company doesn't know their own polices and will not help a customer. Well guess what? I am no longer a customer. From this day forward I will tell this story to everyone until the problem is fixed. Hello Best Buy, can you hear me now!!! Off to Facebook I go."

"I love Best Buy, we buy all our electronics there. They shipping, return policy are good. We are platinum costumers with our reward card we have a printer and ink for free. They costumer support are great. I bought a computer for 2,000 and I did not like it so I took it back for another one. Bought a tablet for my 4 years daughter and after 8 months she pored water on it, we took it back and they gave us a new one. Very happy with them and will not buy any electronic from anybody else. "

"Placed an order online, it came with a stupid webroot software. I cancelled the order and they tried to charge me for a software I never cared for or even order it came with the product. I called best buy to return it and I was hung up on twice and on hold for over 15 minutes."

"It has been many years since I have bought anything from Best Buy and now remember why.The whole company is horrible.Their return policy was the origional reason I said I would never return to their stores toby anything.It was a nightmare and clearly not customer friendly at the time.The ONLY reason went to them which by the way is 90 miles from my home was to get 2 FITBITS and they were the only store within 100 miles I could find them.(probably because smart people do not shop there). I was told i could only buy one per purchase on credit card on he phone for pick up so I did 2 different transactions.(This makes sense to someone somewhere in Best Buys corporate office).I went to pick them up and sure to Best Buys reputation it was screwed up and they only had one. Take this as a sworn promise.. I will never ever step foot in another Best buy store even if they were giving away something I wanted to buy. These were going to be christmas presents and I was very happy to have found two only to get one.I was assured they had 4 when I ordered them and only got one.Typical of a terribly run company."

modified review This review was modified by lostcustomerforever on December 19 2013 06:25:49 AM

"I had an issue with an employee and was told to speak with Martin the GM. He was not in that day so I had to wait. Turned out I had another issue, this time a geek squad repair wasn't actually repaired. I spent an hour talking in circles with Sean the assistant manager and finally landed on a compromise. I then asked if Martin was in, I was told he was on a call but would be out in 20 mins. 45 mins later Sean went in and spent 5 mins telling my story. Martin came out and told me I interrupted his call and should not have waited for him. He does not have time to deal with customers. I tried to explain, he cut me off and said he would not hear the story again he trusts his assistant manager and that's that. I was directed to 800 best buy. This was the most disrespectful experience I have ever had with a retailer. Best buy in Florence KY is consistently a horrible place to shop. My advice to everyone is avoid the headache and shop online. Also I suspect most if not all positive reviews are fake and done by employees."

modified review This review was modified by Dzzzy4 on December 17 2013 07:17:42 PM

"Epic fail. After many many purchases (20+?), all paid by credit card, they decide to lock my account. Call customer service which fails to follow up. Was a member of their affinity club (5% credit towards new purchases), but it was useless and they started deducting credit even though the credit was not used. On at least 3 occasions in the past two months, placed orders using minor store credit and mostly credit card, the orders were cancelled. It was not a stock issue because I was able to place an order through their ebay site and it went through.

In short, NOT worth the time and effort, and incentive program very misleading. Better to go elsewhere (which I did, buying over $5,000 in computers from other vendors in the last month).

Looking at all the negative reviews on this site, I don't know how they can stay in business.

"the best buy "price match" guarantee is BS!
background, purchased a SSD at a bb store. found a much lower price after the fact on amazon. called the bb representative to get a refund on the price difference. first she said i had to go back to the store, but i quoted from price match web page that the refund HAD TO BE made over the phone. then she said she needed the BBY number on the receipt-there is none (how convenient :-( )
then i asked HER to call the store, she said she would be i would be put on hold for a while, i said ok. THEN she hung up on me.

i will be returning the product. no wonder they are going out of business

"I made an online order for a gopro camera. All was proceeding well until I tried to complete the order. A message appeared saying that the item was not available for delivery, and that I had to pick it up in the store. There is no BestBuy location within 100 miles, so I asked my son to pick it up. Thirty minutes later I received an email from BestBuy stating that the item could not be picked up at the store, and that I should call customer service to have it shipped to my home. Hey! Great! That's what I wanted anyway.... So I called.... I was on hold for over an hour and transferred to countless representatives. The last agent I spoke to said she couldn't hear me and hung up!! OH BOY! So I called back, this time it was over 30 minutes. I was told my order was being cancelled, and that they were sorry. I tried to get it backordered, but they would not budge. I wrote to customer service, and a week later received a generic "so sorry" email, but no mention of making good on my order. In the future, I may shop in a Best Buy retail store, but I will never shop BestBuy online. Not after they proved to me that their customer service was not there to make it right, they simply are full of hot air! "

modified review This review was modified by chopper0001 on December 10 2013 04:03:45 PM

"I order a PC case and had it shipped to the store in my area. It took over two weeks to process it and then another two weeks to ship it to the store with "free shipping"! I got to the store and saw my PC case box has been opened!!! I talked to customer service and they told me that one of the guys at Geek Squad opened it up and showed it to a customer who was interested in building his own PC. He accidentally dropped the case and the side panel got bent inwards towards the motherboard tray. I saved up for the purchase of $134.83 for the NZXT Phantom 530 case. I had to put the case back in the box myself because the Geek Squad employee wouldn't do it. I move the cart from the Geek Squad desk to customer service desk to get a refund. Guess what happens next? I was denied a full refund because I inflicted physical abuse to the item I haven't even walked out of the store yet!!! Unf@#%ingbelievable!!! I tried to return the case online and was denied a full refund again because they do not accept damaged goods. I lost $134.83, 4 weeks of time waiting for my PC case to arrive at my local store, and all trust in Best Buy. They also tried to charge a restocking fee of $40, but I already put a block on Best Buy through my bank. This is my first and last purchase I will ever buy from Best Buy local and online store. Now, I’ll just buy it from Newegg and pay for the 3 day shipping!"

"I had a bad experience in 17 ave s.w. Calgary, when I reserved online a Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition. I've got confirm email as well, there is a limited quantity, because they had a few before, and that's came with the next shipment. I went to pick up, and the guy from customer service was bring a Samsung tab 8' 16 gb, and just look at me like there is a mistake... Of course there is a mistake, because I knew it, it's going to like inside job, not a secret, but employees not allowed to purchase in a first day, so my theory someone from the 17ave s.w. Calgary best buy shop needed badly, and told me bullshit just sent me away. Is not possible to change two product like that, and telling for customer is a mistake. The only mistake when they think customers are stupid. I sent letter to customer service, but no answer... I was regular customer in best buy(actually the first in that particular store), but I wont step in again, and I've got a lots of friend, who will follow me. Another open secret Future shop and best buy has a same owner, so let's support another small business to grow up."

modified review This review was modified by megasutemeny on December 08 2013 09:20:27 AM

"A bought a TV for my son in New York as a Christmas present. I live in NJ. Ordered online for pick up when he got there they said the order was cancelled, I called my credit card company, they didn't cancel it Best Buy did. They never called my credit card company to see if it was a fraud they took it upon themselves to do it. I spoke to them and it was to be delivered, again Best Buy credit department cancelled it and never called to let us know so he waited for delivery that never came. Called again and was told oh well. I will never buy from them again they are the most unprofessional company I ever dealt with."

modified review This review was modified by lauriet1274 on December 07 2013 02:12:44 PM

"I bought a dishwasher in-store for $527 and put it on the Best Buy card. The balance was 554 when I went to pay the bill. I even have the paper receipt for 527, so they overcharged for no verifiable reason. At the same time I tried to purchase a microwave online and had troubles. Their call center tossed me around to 5 different people with no resolution. I cancelled the order and went elsewhere. Bottom line: they have no integrity and don't understand the meaning of 'client experience'. I will never shop there again."

modified review This review was modified by stevepdxman on December 07 2013 08:35:39 AM

"I would highly recommend NOT BUYING software from the Crestwood, IL Best Buy store. I had an issue with the scratch off code (key) on the back of card I purchased (MS Office). I ended up in the middle of a battle between MS and Best Buy....needless to say neither would refund my purchase ($100). I wasted an entire afternoon on the phone (3 hours) and going back and forth to store. I took the software to another Best Buy (in MN) and it was refunded without question. Very frustrating indeed!!!"

modified review This review was modified by cmoranII on December 05 2013 07:15:12 AM

"Best Buy charged an UNAUTHORIZED and FRAUDULENT transaction to my gift card, and is making me wait an unreasonable amount of time to get a refund. I originally purchased a Microsoft Surface 2 on their website for in-store pickup. During the check-out process, Best Buy FORCED a digital-download anti-virus software on my shopping cart for $0.00. An hour after ordering, I received an e-mail stating that the Surface 2 was actually NOT available for pickup (no surprise there, as I later learned that Best Buy has one of the worst inventory management systems in retail). I went back on their website to cancel my order and realized that after cancelling my order for the Surface 2, they decided to charge $29.99 to my gift cart for the "free" digital-download anti-virus software made by some crappy unknown company. I was NOT able to cancel that software. I called Best Buy (after holding 20+ minutes) and was told I'd have to wait up to 7 days to get a refund. However, this is not a "refund" I'm requesting. A "refund" implies that you want money back for an item you purchased and are not satisfied with. This item on the other hand, was FORCED into my shopping cart and Best Buy later decided to charge me for it. By definition, this transaction was UNAUTHORIZED and FRAUDULENT. After I get rid of my gift card, I will NEVER do business with Best Buy again."

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!