• Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.65/10 0.65/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.76/10 0.76/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.43/10 0.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.39/10 0.39/10

"I have been an Elite status customer for 5 years and I will NEVER spend another dime at any of their stores! I was sold a $370 receiver with no remote. When I called and spoke to a supervisor, he told me that open box items may no have a remote so it's my tough luck. Their description for "open-box excellent" is as follows, "Open-Box Excellent
Returned, used as display model in store, or opened due to packaging damage but remains in like-new condition." Nothing about not being able to use the product because of no remote. Very deceptive business tactics!

"Found a lifeproof case online I wanted it was advertised as in stock on best buys website. When I tried to purchase it I was told it was for in store pickup only (not what I wanted or expected but I was fine with it) then it told me that it was not available at any store anywhere near me. When I called customer service I was transferred around a million times to basically be told they don't care. No they will not ship it to me even if I pay for it. No they will not ship it to a store near me. No I can not pay for it now and get it shipped to me when it comes in stock. No I can not get a comparable case fora similar price. No, no, no, no no! I will no longer shop at bust buy "

This review was modified by Brittany134 on January 18 2015 06:56:42 PM

"I ordered a dishwasher from Best Buy. I was told since I spent over $400.00 that delivery and installation were included. The dishwasher was to be delivered in two days. On the day of delivery they cancelled. I was told to call an reschedule. I could not reschedule the delivery until 8 days later. When the dishwasher finally came they would not install the dishwasher because I did not order installation. My receipt clearly stated installation. My old dishwasher was not taken away as promised. I called numerous times and hung up on. Finally I was told I did not purchase the installation. But, they would come out to pick up my old dishwasher.
I will never purchase anything from this company. They mislead their customers and have horrible customer service.

This review was modified by raymoss1 on January 18 2015 04:59:07 AM

"POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE...MANAGERS ARE ROBOTS ALL THEY SAY IS NO....DO YOU HAVE A SERVICE PLAN.....I BROUGHT IT BACK SAME DAY....DO YOU HAVE A SERVIC PLAN IS THE MOST I COULD GET FROM MANAGER.....THEY DONT TALK VERY MUCH JUST BASIC LANGUAGE,....NO.... DO YOU HAVE A SERVICE PLAN.....DONT BELIEVE RETURN POLICY.....
N E V E R A G A I N

"They have, at best, incompetent and apathetic customer service representatives. Their fraud detection is also messed up because it creates false positives all to often. Then they treat you like they are doing you a favor buy letting you buy from them. Yes, they often have good prices, but keep in mind that that is as far as they are capable of doing."

"We are a military family. my stepson is in the Army and supplements his income on amazon. We purchased him a Spigen phone case from best buy and he had switched phones so decided to sell it on his Amazon business. Spigen threatened him for listing it and when he did not remove it they bought it from him then lied to Amazon and said the case was fake. He showed receipts from best buy and Spigen still said it was fake and Best Buy must have sold him a fake case. We have found 5 others who have lost their businesses this way. Best Buy swears it sells authentic cases so we have asked them that if this company is doing this that they please pull their products. So today i had made a flyer to hand to the General Managers of the local stores so they would know what was going on. My stepson and I went to the Gastonia, NC store and I went in and asked to talk to the general manager. They brought Joe Marshall the General manager to see me and I politely asked him if he would just look at the flyer and maybe fax it to corporate for me and explained what it had done to our Army sons business and to others. He absolutely refused to look at it and was completely rude and walked off. I just left and went to my car and wrote a review on facebook. When I looked up there were cops in the parking lot. This guy had actually called the cops on me and my son for asking to talk to him. If they look at cameras they will see I did not talk to any customers or pass out flyers or anything yet he almost tried to have an Army kid and his step dad arrested. Joe Marshall, you should not be working at Best Buy and I promise that from now on neither I or my family or my sons platoon and anyone else that his platoon can get to will ever shop at Best Buy again until there is a public apology from this General Manager. "

"On 11/26/13 I purchased a GoPro Hero3+ Silver along with a suction cup mount at the Nashua, NH location #534. From start to finish I was very unhappy with the way the transaction went down due to the fact that the gentleman didn’t seem to know much about the product. Similar to every other time I've been in there. I knew I was going in there to purchase a GoPro for my fiancé. However, when I asked what suction cups I would need for it when he was going to be using it for a car and a motorcycle he handed me two different suction cups. Upon me reading the back of the boxes I realized that I would only be needing one of them. The other was for a bicycle. When I pointed that out to him he was very confused. When it came time for checkout I asked him if I was going to need any type of warranty. He informed me that it had one and that I was all set. I said ok but thought this was a little weird. I got home with my GoPro and thought about it overnight and decided to call the Nashua location the next morning to question this. Luckily, I did because customer service informed me that I did in fact need to get a Protection Plan and that it only had a manufacturer’s warranty. This was never explained to me and I specifically asked. I ended up having to drive all the way back to the store to purchase one. (I asked if it could be done over the phone and was told no) My fiancé has loved his GoPro for the past year. Then, this past weekend I logged on to my email and happened to notice we missed our renewal for the protection plan by 1 day. It had expired on (1/2/2015) we do not have a computer at our house. I go to a location once a month to check my email. Therefore, I missed the notification for renewal. We called Geek Squads 800 number immediately to be told there was nothing they could do. We offered to buy another plan even if it cost more and they informed us we would need to buy a new Go Pro?! I spent $339.98 on my first trip to Best Buy not to mention the gas for the sales associate’s error just to drive up there to spend another $39.99 for the Protection Plan. So after spending almost $400 and it being one year they expect me to buy another Go Pro just to get the Protection? The next morning we drove to the Nashua location upon getting there I immediately asked for a manager on duty because I am honestly tired of going to this location and getting told something different every time I go there. The manager (Sofiya) who after hearing our entire story told us there was nothing she could do. I again told her it was 1 day late and we have no computer. If Best Buy is this serious about their policy they should mail their reminders. She informed me that I shouldn’t have chosen the email option then. I found this funny because upon buying the GoPro I was never asked if I wanted email or mail reminders. Otherwise I would have chosen mail. I informed her of that and she once again said there was nothing she could do. I also pointed out to her that on the Best Buy website under Protection Plans it states “To purchase Geek Squad Protection for items previously purchased: visit your local Best Buy or call 1-800-GEEKSQUAD. Please have a copy of your receipt. For online purchases, you can print a receipt from My Account.” She said she didn’t know what I was talking about so I showed her and she said “o ya, that’s within in 15 days of purchase” I said nowhere on here does it state that she replied with “well that’s what they mean” I told her it should clearly state that otherwise I can come in or call for a protection plan according to the website. I also informed her of how the sales associate told me I was all set on a "warranty" and asked what I would of done in the event I didn't call the store the next day to get one. She replied "if it went past 7 days I would have been out of luck" These policies to me are completely unreal! The customer gets punished in the end for Best Buys error. informed her that if this was what it was going to come down to I was going to be contacting BBB and I would never be shopping at Best Buy again. She had nothing to say to this. I can’t stress enough how upset my fiancé and I are at the customer service at this location. I have purchased quite a bit over the years from Best Buy (always the same location) and every time the customer service here has been horrible. It’s like pulling teeth just to get someone’s attention and then when you finally do no one seems to know what they are talking about. Another great example, we bought a tablet a few years back after specifically telling the gentleman what uses we were going to need it for, we get it home and it can’t do any of the things we need it to so we had to sell it, another waste of money. I honestly will never shop at Best Buy again. May I also add that when I contacted corporate they too told me there was nothing they could do and that's all they had to say. No wonder the store has horrible customer service, it stems from upper management!"

"I am a Best Buy Elite Plus Member. That means I buy a lot of stuff at Best Buy, but apparently that does not make a difference at all. I still get treated just as poorly as the next person. I am currently having problems with repairs for both a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone (13 months old) and an LG refrigerator. I purchased service plans for both of them and was told that these were the best plans and the service would be outstanding. That cannot be any further from the truth. They cannot take care of my phone in the store and they make you call the Geek Squad # and then you are kept on hold for over an hour. When they finally get to you and then transfer you there is a busy signal and you need to call again and the hold time begins anew. Their business practices are terrible and any time you ask for anything they tell you their computer system will not allow it. I even had to use my phone to show them that they had an item for less online and unless I showed them the lower price on their website they would not honor their promise to give me their website price. I used to buy everything at Best Buy, but not anymore. I am done with them. "

This review was modified by abett on January 06 2015 06:47:38 PM

"Horrible place to do business. I ordered an item and it was sent to store only to be sold on floor. I was then told it was nothing that can be done to compensate me. I've been on phone with hq all day. I hate this company and store manager Damien Brewster"

This review was modified by Shaeydx on January 04 2015 03:47:39 PM

"On a Monday I ordered a TV to be delivered the following Sunday as there was no option for in-store pick-up which I would have rather preferred because of my work hours. Come Saturday I received a call confirming my appointment for the next day. 2 hours later I received an email saying that my delivery was postponed 1 additional week. I called up customer service to verify that my delivery had been postponed and after speaking to 4 different representatives they mentioned the order had been forgotten coming out of a warehouse that was 50 miles away which created the delay. What added to the frustration is that one customer service representative did not believe my identity asking me every possible identifier of my person I could possibly give him at least 10 times. After placing me on hold, he mentions his system had not updated and verified I was who I said I was. I asked if there was anything he could do to either get the delivery on track or to keep my business. He said there was nothing that could be done. Being frustrated I cancelled my order, and picked up the TV the following day from Costco for cheaper. "

This review was modified by sammytalk on January 04 2015 12:47:08 PM

"Got a Wii game as a gift. Opened it and put it in the Wii and it didn't work. Turns out it was for Wii u, not Wii. Best buy would not take it back. Not even for store credit. "

This review was modified by dufus123 on January 04 2015 10:17:04 AM

"Micah Dyson

I recently walked into the Lloyd Center Mall Best Buy in Portland Oregon and was sold Two brand new Samsung s5 for $1 a month on a 2 year contract, which i signed up for. I thought this was a a fantastic deal. I am now being told that an Associate at that store made a mistake and that since I was a new Customer that this plan was not intended for new customers but for existing customers. Best Buy kinda has me by the short hairs, I either return the phone and cancel my plan in full and walk out without a phone and lose both my wife's and my phone numbers, or keep my $100/20GB plan but settle for a phone I don't want or pay the $20/month per phone that i did not budget for, which jacks my phone bill from the 100/month to 173/month! I want to know why am I being put between a rock and a hard place b/c Best Buy made a mistake? Shouldn't Best buy honor the sale that their Associate made? This is poor Customer Service and another instance of the little man taking it on the chin:( Sorry Best Buy but if you sell someone something and you made the mistake then you should pay for it not the customer.

This review was modified by MicahDyson on January 03 2015 12:05:06 PM

"Gaming playing to spoof holiday sales numbers... Terrible chain to say the least. Took order billed card, changed delivery time several times to keep the money on their books and then finally said: "cancelled". Their main 800 number does not know real status of the orders, connect to warehouses... Scary that so called superchain can be so bad. Apparently thousands of people had the same experience over the holidays. "

"Horrific experience at Best Buy. I ordered an external DVD/CD Combo Drive online for store pickup. When I went to pick it up, I was appalled at the rude clerk and their utter incompetence. I will NEVER use Best Buy again for any item, and I highly recommend that everyone make their purchases elsewhere."

This review was modified by Nanny61 on December 30 2014 06:53:57 PM

"Best Buy just lost a customer that purchases about $2,000 per year in electronics because they sold a $250 iPod to my wife, sold an extended repair warranty and when the iPod stopped working after six months, I got the classic run around. The customer service dept sent me to the geek squad for repair, the geek squad did not even look at it and sent me back to the service dept., who gave me an on-line exchange address, who sent me back to the store, who then suggested I take it to an Apple Store. No thanks to Best Buy, my problem got solved with another service company. Good bye Best Buy. Terrible store service."

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!