• Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.66/10 0.66/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.95/10 0.95/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.29/10 0.29/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.24/10 0.24/10

"Best Buy's supposed customer reviews for its products are totally fraudulent in that only positive reviews are presented. Read the Amazon customer reviews of the same product to get the truth. Best Buy has rejected my reviews for a bad product listed them for something I thought was good."

modified review This review was modified by Bill_B50 on December 26 2014 07:55:49 PM

"I never write any reviews but after having an awful experience in Bestbuy store,
I must write this review so that they can know about their pathetic customer service and unprofessionalism.
I had to buy a wireless printer, so yesterday evening I went to Bestbuy store located in west grand pkwy,Richmond
along with my husband and 3 months old baby.
There were very few customers inside the store.After reaching the printer section, we looked into few printers
and we needed someone to help us out with some queries regading printers.
I asked one of the sales person that can he help me out with printers, he said he is not from printer section
and he will send some relevent person to me. He went away and no one came to help us. We waited for 15 mins and then
I asked another sales person that I some queries. He also made excuse that he is busy due to holiday season and disappared
, the funny part was that the store was not crowded at all and I saw this gentleman gossiping with a girl and not attending any customer.
I looked around and saw numerous sales persons loitering around or multiple sales persons attending one customer. It looked so unprofessional
and chaotic.
I was there with my 3 month old baby so I was not having 2 or 3 hours to waste there just waiting for some one to help me out.
Anyways, meanwhile we decided on our own that we will buy this printer although we were still having our doubts and
queries regarding the printer.But then we saw our selected printer was only kept in the display
and its new printer box was not kept there. so we went to the preosn sitting in the computer section department
to ask if that printer was available in the stock. And he also showed his unprofessionalism to us,
when we were talking to him, he was even not paying attention to us,
he was looking somewhere else, even not listening to us. Then he answered in a very rude manner
and he was trying to escape from us. I dont know where he was trying to go
leaving his customer unattended and behaving in such rude manner.
we relay felt very insulted and bad getting such pathetic behavior from bestbuy sales persons. Then some one did tried to answer our queries but had no product knowledge
or confidence to answer questions. After a while we left in disgust vowing never to visit this store.
What is the relevance to having name BEST BUY if they cannot even provide an average customere service to their customers.

modified review This review was modified by shaluthapa on December 24 2014 08:23:17 AM

"I place an order online for 2 TV's and 2 other items for in-store pickup at my local Best Buy. When I received the notice the order was ready, I saw that the TV's were at a store 2 hours away. I had made sure everything was set for my local store when I placed the original order. I called to get it corrected, and the first person was very helpful. I was told my local store was out of stock, and he found the TV's in a neighboring store.

Nearly 3 hours later, I get a notice that the 2nd store is also out of stock. The 2nd operator I talked to asked if I was interested in having the TV's shipped. I asked what the cost would be and when the items would arrive. After some typing on their end, she told me the TV's were on back order at the warehouse. She was calling a 3rd store to verify stock when my call was dropped. I then noticed an email stating the 2 TV's were changed to be shipped... without my authorization. On the 3rd call to customer service, I told them to cancel the entire order and I'd figure something else out. I was told that since the warehouse accepted the order, they could cancel everything EXCEPT the TV's. I was told only day shift persons at the warehouse could release the shipping order, and I needed to call them directly in the morning (not a toll free number).

The next morning, I receive tracking numbers for both the "back ordered" TV's. I call the warehouse, and was told that only corporate can fix this and cancel the order. Corporate customer service tells me they can reroute the items once UPS has scanned the packages. Later that day, I saw that UPS has scanned the packages, so I call Best Buy again. This operator (Monica) tells me that it is against Best Buy's policy and she can not reroute orders once UPS has them, and I need to wait until I receive the TV's and get a return shipping label from Best Buy. She also has no supervisor available for me to talk to, but she can have them call me back withing 48 hours. Keep in mind, these charges are sitting on my credit card, and once UPS drops these at my door, they become my responsibility. Fortunately, I contacted UPS directly, gave them the tracking numbers and told them I never authorized shipment of the items. UPS was able to immediately reroute the packages back to Best Buy over the phone. I'll also have tracking information to verify when Best Buy receives the TV's, and that I never had possession of them, which should help make the refund process go faster (or charge dispute with the bank).

I've been a Best Buy customer for many years, but never again after this. UPS on the other hand is great, and their number is now stored on my phone.

modified review This review was modified by Synjd on December 23 2014 07:12:17 PM

"Bought a ref but had to be replaced because it's defective but waiting for the ref. they sent you an email but they don't even keep it. Speak to rude customer service agents who do not have customer service skills. Just disappointing. Never ever again. Best sucks. 1114346323898 "

modified review This review was modified by Noel12345 on December 21 2014 07:07:18 AM

"HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!
Purchased a product for my husband for Christmas and was told that it could be picked up in-store by the 19th. Called on the 19th and the order had not even shipped yet! I was told that it took their system four days to process the order. Why four days when they received payment for order within 24 hours of my purchase? What happened to the additional three days? After spending hours on the phone with customer service and a manager who did not seem to care about finding a way to fix the situation, I only have two options. Purchase another item and pay for two, yep, two, because they are unable to cancel the order, or hope and pray that it is here before Christmas so that my husband has something under the tree on Christmas day. I will NEVER shop Best Buy Online EVER again and refuse to recommend them to family and friends!

modified review This review was modified by heathergunnslah on December 20 2014 06:33:30 AM

"I ordered two 25" TV's online for the kids Christmas gifts. I was told "You'll get an email when they are ready for in store pick up." Didn't get it but got the one saying it was cancelled because I didn't pick it up. Went back and forth between customer service and the store- Each saying they can't help me- total 6 phone calls store manager and customer service supervisors. They were at the store But I could not get the TV's now sitting in the store! Now we are only talking 12 hours from the time I got the email! Finally they agreed all I could do was reorder them, so charges off card, then back on card, then I get one delivered not two. I call back and they say they are back ordered and they don't know when I'll get it. So I asked them to cancel the order. I told I would buy them somewhere else. Their reply OK thanks for shopping with us."

modified review This review was modified by APesce65 on December 19 2014 12:34:57 PM

"The only reason I deal with Best Buy is due to the fact they are the only company around that carries stuff that I need. They have the worst possible service around. I get different answers from different employees, not just on products but on the Best Buy company policy. I bought a camera from them and it turned out it just wasnt for me so I returned it. I paid in $100 bills in cash. They made me wait 16 days to get my refund. Its hard to test out their cameras when 80% of them are missing the lenses. Half the time I call them they never had what I need in stock and has to be ordered. I dont want to order something without seeing it first, I dont want to wait 16 days again to get my refund back after a product I didnt like. Not only that the price matching that they do SUCKS! If it moves the product, makes money, makes the customer happy, WHY NOT DO IT!? Limiting your price match down to a few websites is a complete joke. I understand their are limitations and some websites make you sign up or get you at the shipping part, but some dont. Step it up BEST BUY or shut down. As an important customer with cash in hand, I'm extremely unhappy with your services, employees, and prices."

modified review This review was modified by Wickedhopes on December 19 2014 12:29:42 PM

"I ordered an item on Thanksgiving and it was missing the significant bonus item. I've been on the phone with them for a total of 7 hours over 3 days and I am still not going to receive the item before Thanksgiving even though they admit the mistake is 100% Best Buy. The customer service processes are horrible and they cheat and lie by offering incentives that they don't deliver on unless you are on the phone with them for hours."

modified review This review was modified by 88888888 on December 18 2014 07:41:23 AM

"I recently purchased a TV from Best Buy that cost upwards of $2000. The TV was offered for the same price at Amazon.com, and for $30 less at Costco. However, I chose to buy from Best Buy for one reason only – they offered free haul away of my old TV. Costco did not offer free shipping; Amazon did, but no free haul away. The day my TV was scheduled to be delivered (Saturday the 13th), the delivery truck showed up over ONE HOUR later than the end of the delivery window – with no call beforehand to tell me that they would be late. They moved my TV in and installed it, and I asked them to haul my old one away. They stated that they (allegedly) had no room in the back of the truck, and to call Best Buy to reschedule. I was disappointed, but I’m a patient and amiable person, so I agreed.

I called that night – and after being on hold for over 20 minutes, was told that my haul away could not be rescheduled because the day was not over, and the system had to be reset. Fine. I agreed, and called the next morning.

When I called, I was put on hold again for more than 15 minutes, and then was finally connected to a human. The CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE WAS OBVIOUSLY INEBRIATED and/or STONED. EXTREMELY unprofessional. Horrifying. She put me on hold for over half an hour while she did god knows what, and when she finally came back, she gave me two options for time slots. I asked her why it took so long: “Oh, you know –giggle—the system is having so many problems --hahaha giggle—it just wouldn’t let me through --giggle—you know how it iiiiiiss!!!!! –giggle giggle—“ I was flabbergasted, but agreed to another time slot. I rearranged my schedule so I could be home for the appointment.

They never showed up today. I’ve never had another company fail to call me when their delivery people could not show up or were late – this is the first time. After 4PM came and went, I called Best Buy AGAIN. By this time, I had all the keystrokes and voice prompts memorized from calling so many times. After more than one hour on the phone (most of it spent on hold), this was the takeaway – they had cancelled my haul away for the day LONG ago, but no one had ever attempted to contact me. The customer service representatives called the warehouse – there were no explanations for why they didn’t call me. If I didn’t take the initiative and call in myself, I would still be waiting and wondering.

The customer service staff assured me someone would contact me soon, that day – I’m still waiting, more than 6 hours later. The only “resolution”, after more than SEVEN (7) extra hours on this issue (NOT including the original delivery/haul away window), was a $40 gift card (which, by the way, is less than 2% the cost of my purchase, and FAR LESS than those hours of my time are worth - it's effectively NOTHING) - for giving Best Buy thousands of dollars in business, and them failing to follow through with a basic promised service. I never try to obtain free services or monetary compensation - I would have been completely satisfied with an attempt to reschedule my haul away that day, DESPITE the fact that I'd been waiting for more than five hours at that point. Even this simple request could not be honored. In fact, I was told by the manager that he was “insulted” I was not ecstatic with that the tiny, tiny gift card, because the haul away and delivery was a “zero cost item” to me. This is completely false. The fact that I chose to bring my business to Best Buy over other businesses means that the service holds considerable ECONOMIC VALUE. The value to them is whatever high margins they make on each of these big ticket items. Best Buy simply does not value their customers’ time – they are only here to make a quick buck. I won’t make the mistake of shopping with them again.

Here is WHAT EVERY CUSTOMER SHOULD KNOW: Calling in about delivery and scheduling to their national call center has absolutely no effect – only the illusion of it. They have no say in what goes on with the warehouse; they are run completely separately. The manager admitted that to me himself. The only function of the staff there is to give empty apologies, but no resolutions. They're like passably attractive window dressings: they make everything look neat, tidy, and organized, but serve no real purpose. So if being put on hold for an hour so you can air your grievances onto an empty husk of a person is your bag, you might find this experience enjoyable. Your complaint will never make it up the line – the bureaucratic buck stops here.

What was once a simple issue and inconvenience has snowballed into what feels like a personal offense due to the flippant and irresponsible way Best Buy handles their business. My ultimate issue is with the way Best Buy is run, and not the employees – they are only cogs in a sad, dysfunctional, and outdated machine. No accountability in their organization, no responsibility, no quality control, and no integrity. 0 stars.

modified review This review was modified by elanoria9999 on December 17 2014 10:36:55 PM

"Ordered Amazon Fire TV Stick instead of normally through Amazon prime. Mistake. Had problems with install but no help since I refuse to pay for Geek service. Back to Amazon."

modified review This review was modified by casser on December 17 2014 09:43:44 PM

"Purchased a pair of Beats Headphones on sale for 49.99, the price dropped to 34.99 after shipment, but before I got the item delivered to me(was still in transit). Called a day or two to get their 'price match' guarantee, I was given the run around by the first person on the phone, essentially telling me they couldn't find the item in their database. The second time I called, spent an hour, however, I was told that because the item was a clearance item, I can't get the price match. This is not in sync with their advertised policy for price match, it mentions nothing about clearance pricing, it only mentions if the price drops after you order and before you receive it, they will refund the difference. In any case, fought with them for longer than I should have(30 mins on first call, over an hour on the second call), but American Express refunded the difference in under 5 minutes. Nice move best buy, never shopping in your store(s) ever again. American Express on the other hand, you've got a customer for life!!! "

modified review This review was modified by devon_d_dougherty on December 17 2014 09:06:22 AM

"I tried to buy an iPad Air 2 on Black Friday. After trying for over 2 hours to get my order to go through I gave it one more try. I found that not only did I not have an order listed, but conveniently, even though the order never got through, they took all my gift card money....strange. I got concerned so I checked my bank card statement to find that they had charged my credit card not once but twice for over a thousand dollars for an order that didn't exist in their records. After hours and hours and HOURS of phone conversation with my bank, Best Buy and being disconnected (after waiting for over 20 minutes..no less than 5 times) I was told that I'd just have to trust them, they'd make sure it didn't go through on my card. I've never dealt with such an inept group of customer service representatives and you guessed it, they never ordered the Ipad for me.

"bought a product. could not return in store. then processed a refund instead of sending out an exchange 5 days before xmas. there employees are the dumbest people. the management sucks, bad culture all around. I will NEVER purchase from them again. "

"Seems Best Buy on line is doing some bait and switch. I attempted to buy a camera with a bundle, but after I set up an account, and filled in the data, the item was no longer available-BUT, I could buy the things in the bundle for $97.00 more dollars. Bad form Best Buys"

modified review This review was modified by camcam2 on December 14 2014 01:04:46 PM

"I live in Calgary, 2 separate ads for an item was in their flyer, regular $400 for $50 off. Turns out in both ads no locations stock the item & when I phone locations & customer service they can't see their warehouse inventory or order the item, or bring it in from another store.
I asked for contact info of head office and the only way to contact them in snail mail! No email address. Maybe they should hire Geek Squad to show them how to use email.
If you shop her or Future Shop you should expect no customer service.

Save yourself grief & hassles & do NOT SHOP AT BESTBUY or FUTURE SHOP!

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!