• Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.47/10 0.47/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.03/10 1.03/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.26/10 0.26/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.24/10 0.24/10

"I live in Calgary, 2 separate ads for an item was in their flyer, regular $400 for $50 off. Turns out in both ads no locations stock the item & when I phone locations & customer service they can't see their warehouse inventory or order the item, or bring it in from another store.
I asked for contact info of head office and the only way to contact them in snail mail! No email address. Maybe they should hire Geek Squad to show them how to use email.
If you shop her or Future Shop you should expect no customer service.

Save yourself grief & hassles & do NOT SHOP AT BESTBUY or FUTURE SHOP!

"i bought washer & dryers, They promise me will delivery and do installation in the same day, but they did not show up. and they did not call me back to reschedule delivery, so i have to call them again to set up another delivery for next week, and guess what, AGAIN they did not show up. i'm totally piss off, i called them to find it out what's going on but they transferred my call many times, and every transfer i have to wait for almost 25 mins. totally UNPROFESSIONALLY. "

modified review This review was modified by ryd89 on December 13 2014 02:33:39 PM

"Muy mal Best Buy. Compre por online en black Friday. Cuando se suponía que el producto debía de llagar me llevo la sorpresa de que la orden fue cancelada. Ni un correo, ni una llamada. Solo un lo siento es política de la compañía que la entrega no se hace en oficinas. Pregunto que donde esta esa política y me dice que en "envíos al exterior" cuando el producto era para ser entregado en alabama. "

modified review This review was modified by Camilousa on December 13 2014 04:33:38 AM

"Buyer Beware; Best Buy has no integrity and I feel like I was taken advantage of and discriminated against because of my age.
On the night of December 11, 2014, with the referral, recommendation and assurance of the sales associate in the electronics department at Best Buy # 203 in Austin, Texas, I purchased an Easy CD & Burning kit. I’m a senior citizen and my eyesight is not the best, so I depend on honorable and knowable sales people to give me trustworthy and accurate information. And at my age, every purchase is vital.
I must say I have never been misadvised by any other business sales staff or associates before. I have made purchases at Best Buy before, so I thought it was a company I could trust and depend upon for good honest customer service. Instead I was mislead and tricked into purchasing a product that did not meet my needs or perform the needed function that the sales associate said it could provide me that I needed. I told the sales people I needed a product that had capabilities to RIP a DVD. I was assured by more than one sales person even when I tried to take it back, that this product could RIP DVDs.
When I got home and tried to use the product It could not RIP DVDs, instead it only had capabilities to RIP CDs.
The very next day I tried to take the product back but a different sales associate that day (Josh) would not take it back, I and a friend of mine tried to explain that the only reason I bought this product is because the sales person referred it and assured me that this was what I needed and it could RIP a DVD. If not for the information the sales person gave me I would not have purchased this product. It would have been more appropriate for him to tell me he did not know anything about the RIP process, then I would not have purchased this product. My friend wrote the names of all associate that were involved, but she lost the list of names.
I have come to the conclusion that there are two possibilities to this incident, either the sales people at Best Buy purposely mislead me to get a sale of $32.46 from me and take advantage of me and discriminate against me because of my age and other factors or the sales associates were not qualified or knowable about the department they were working or products to refer and give customers honest and trustworthy advise.
My friend and I left very upset because the associate would not take any responsibility for mistakenly or purposely selling me something I could not use.
But after we left Best Buy, we went to Fry’s and the sales associates found the product I needed. And they also said since they referred the product to me, if it was not what I needed to just bring it back and they would gladly try to find something else or give me a refund with no problem.
I tried the product Fry’s referred for me to buy and it works well.
Thank you Fry’s, not only do your sales associates know their products, they know about good customer care and business integrity. And for that reason I will not be shopping at Best Buy again. And I would advise anyone planning to go to Best Buy not to trust the sales associates.
And this does prove it is at the company’s discretion weather to honor a return or not, policy has nothing to do with it. Best Buy has no integrity and I feel like I was taken advantage of and discriminated against because of my age.

modified review This review was modified by wendellhandy on December 12 2014 11:21:16 PM

maggerbee's Avatar
Bally, PA

"Used my Best Buy Mastercard at a Non Best Buy location to get the $20 Bonus Reward Certificate. Still haven't received it on 12/12. After about 10 calls and hours wasted. All I'm told now is that I have to wait. This is terrible customer service. Amazon would have given me $20 instantly, first call. They should be ashamed of themselves."

modified review This review was modified by maggerbee on December 12 2014 09:23:15 AM

"Ordered a TV on Cyber Monday 2014. Shipping Address on order is New Hampshire, they sent me tracking showing item was delivered in Ohio. I contacted customer service and they said that it is UPS problem and I need to contact them. Unreal. They (Best Buy) made an error and they are telling me to fix it. Worst service EVER! Stay away"

modified review This review was modified by chasgallo on December 12 2014 09:52:06 AM

"I bought Disney infinity 2.0 for XBOX. The price was amazing and I snatched it up. I was so happy with my purchase which I was promised by Dec. 12, until I got an email saying I might not get it until the 30th. Not so happy. I did give them a bad review somewhere because of it. Today is the 11th and the package arrived ahead of time, and in great shape.

I would have given them 5 stars if I hadn't gotten the belated Christmas gift scare.

And Best Buy has not asked me to review them yet. I'm sure that email is coming, but I wrote this because they deserve a good review.

modified review This review was modified by Plane306 on December 11 2014 01:45:39 PM

"Got screwed over by Walmart on a purchase of a Black Friday Smart TV deal. They bill you even if they don't have the merchandise to deliver and then lie over and over. So I opted to order from Best Buy-it was easy and was delivered in 2 days just as promised. Christmas crisis averted. Thank you Best Buy!!"

"I have always bought my cell phones from Best Buy due to the best phone insurance. I bought my last and final phone including my business from them. When we purchased our phone they did not mention to us that the insurance changed. They told us it was like all our other phone insurance. To our avail the phone screen broke and went to turn the phone in for a new one and they wanted $149 for deductable. WTH! This is where they hire people that dont know what they are doing and they hurd you in and hurd you out. I did ask the manager what ever happend to their "PROMISE TO US" billboard that they have posted all over their store. It is just a ploy. I would never buy from them again they are not honest and i recommend anybody other than Best Buy to shop at. "

modified review This review was modified by jodi61126 on December 10 2014 11:47:17 AM

"I placed an online order with Best Buy for in store pick up. I received my email confirmations that my two items were ready for pick up. When I went in the store I was told repeatedly by a supervisor that "Sounds like I have a problem and there is nothing we can do. The items were mailed to Texas (I live in Michigan)." When I asked if he could assist in any fashion the answer 3 times was "Sounds like I have a problem and there is nothing we can do. The items were mailed to Texas."

So much for customer service! The supervisor could have cared less about the consumer standing in front of him. To date for 2014 I have spent over $30,000 at Best Buy.....SHAME ON THEM!!!!!

modified review This review was modified by Vhobson387 on December 09 2014 04:52:18 PM

"We took our pc to BB to have a repair and they never called or (e)mailed and when we would call theyd say one thing or another never that they had sold or destroyed it that is until I sent a complaint to the better business bureau. Now they are only offering $300 for my pretty new $800 computer. They are now saying we abandoned it which is not true.We called numerous times and even went to store only to be given the runaround. Even corporate lied to us and the BBB. They gave us 6 days to accept $300 and we arent even in town. This is UNACCEPTABLE!"

"Terrible customer service and delivery. Apparently the consumer isn't very important to them. It's pretty much a this is when we can deliver take it or leave it attitude."

modified review This review was modified by jneal123 on December 05 2014 09:22:09 PM

"Customer satisfaction

What is it and where has it gone, oh thats right it went online. As a die hard techie I am finding myself spending money on gadgets more than I should, but where do I shop?

I don't mind paying a little more just to receive excellent customer service, lately its Amazon and Google Play that has given me the best service. When I have a question, they listen and answer and some times check up on you after the conversation. That is service!

Recently I decided to give my old favorite store another chance (mainly because they were the only ones selling my item). So I happily went into the Best Buy store here in Austin Texas and asked someone for assistance. I already knew what I wanted and knew everything about the device, so I only needed information regarding next shipment and availability. Never did I expect what was coming.

I asked the LP (guys in yellow by the front) to check the system for me, he was nice and checked it and even gave me the direct line to the podium and when to call back, customer service at its finest.

So I called back when instructed too, only to have some angry person pick up and argue with me that he did not give me the number. So naturally the most important thing here is to get to the bottom of who gave me the number and info. I was like what ever, he may have been under the influence, I will let it slide. So I decided to avoid another uncomfortable call and go into the store.

I tried to find a salesperson (not hard to find as they all have blue shirts), but it seems that they were all busy running in a circle or something as they could not help me. I asked the LP guy to find me a salesperson to help me out, he said "no problem just wait over there, and I'll have someone here shortly". He did not ask what I wanted or anything, but in his defense he was in a interesting conversation with his friend and did not want to be bothered.

10 minutes later someone arrives, and I ask him to see if there are any items in the back, and if I can get a better view of the item on display. He had to leave to find out, as I stood there no one asked me if I needed help as they passed by and trust me I looked like I needed help. Already disappointed by the service, I continued to wait. Finally he returns with a NO and NO, we cant do that and we don't know when more will be here and walks off.

I did not leave very happy, instead they wasted over an hour of my day. So another day I vowed to ONLY call and not show up at the store as I didn't leave very happy last time. I called and was on hold for about 20 minutes before the phone was transferred to someone who just ended the call with out saying a word. As a techie I was thinking their phone system has a glitch, but I called again and again and same result. Maybe they wanted to leave early, who knows but I would never return to the store unless its un avoidable.

Then one night I found they had it online (for a brief 15 minutes), so I purchased it and upgraded for expedited shipping. Needless to say I still haven't received the device....2nd day air, I don't think so. My Amazon order that was placed the following day has already arrived....I wonder where Im going to purchase my gadgets from next, here is a hint it will never be Best Buy.

"I ordered a washer & dryer & the washer did not work, my replacement was supposed to arrive in 3 days & never did. When I called customer service I was told that they did come to my apartment but did not have my apartment # or the correct phone # to reach me at which is literally unbelievable because they had just delivered to my apartment & called the correct # just days before for the 1st delivery. The soonest they would send it out again is a week which is unacceptable considering this was their mistake & should be correctly immediately. I called corporate & was able to get a few days earlier thancustoner service had stated & received a very minimal compensation for my hassle. As I told the guy from corporate my only satisfactory solution is to make sure everyone knows what shoddy, horrible customer service Best Buy has, so I proceeded to give out best buys corporate # to people with complaints on their fb page, within an hour they blocked me from being able to comment on their page anymore which is a true example of their horrible customer service. I am basically stuck paying for this washer & dryer but I promise I will never spend another dime at best buy & I will make it my mission to talk anyone who might be considering shopping there out of it"

modified review This review was modified by Chrissydawley on December 04 2014 10:13:42 AM

"Bad customer service.
Sometimes they willing to help. Sometimes they don't. I made orders from them and system cancel my order without telling me.
I don't want to buy from they again.

They made me screw my important date. Not reliable seller at all.

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!