Product & services pricing Rating 4.06/10 4.06/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.94/10 1.94/10

Alexandria, VA

"I placed this order in-store for shipping. I had a pricematch, so I figured this could only be handled in-store. I brought the associate a printout of the pricematch to Amazon ($270 for a Slingbox 500, vs BB price of $300). They processed the pricematch with no issue. I had $50 in rewards to Best Buy, again fully accepted by the associate (note: MyBestBuy points certificates are processed as a pre-tax discount, while a Gift Card is processed post-tax). American Express was offering a $25 statement credit for spending $250. If you do the math, I was about $20 short, so I got a Foreman Grill for $28. American Express processed the credit two days later, Best Buy shipped the items a day or so later, and both were received well. Only complaint is that the products were shipped separately, but that was probably a product of the Foreman grill being an appliance that is not sold in stores while the Slingbox is sold by every Best Buy store out there.

Of course, the main complaint with Best Buy is their prices, and I wholeheartedly agree. I have since received a $15 rewards certificate for this purchase and am having trouble finding something to buy with it (both because there is nothing I need, and the things I could possibly USE are overpriced). I don't think people will have a problem with their store and their products (of course, Best Buy, having a physical storefront, has the added bonus of a quick return at your local store as opposed to return-shipping), just their prices are pretty bad. At least their pricematching policy is good.

"just bought a camera at Best Buy. It wasn't the cheapest, I could have saved $25 on Amazon but I am so glad I bought here. We got it home and there was a problem and we took it back, got a new one and now things are great.. I don't think Amazon would have done this"

"Absolute horrible e-commerce. Ordered 2 items online and 7 days later the order is still not even processed. These things should be close to my destination, if not in my hands by this time!! Next to impossible to get in touch with someone that can actually help. My suggestion to all is to shop somewhere else. Your money was hard earned and and should be for the people you give it to as well"

modified review This review was modified by Cheeks247 on January 29 2014 04:03:42 AM

"We purchased a Nintendo 3ds game for Christmas. The game was not actually opened from the shrink wrap until January 22nd, and upon opening it there was no game in the box. Best buy would not exchange the game because they said extended holiday return time was over and we do not have a game for even exchange. We explained that they sold us an empty box and they finally gave us the same game at half price. It was a 40.00 game that we paid 40.00 for and got an empty box. We then paid an additional 20.00 to get it at half price. So we were charged 60.00 for a 40.00 game. So Best buy screwed us by selling us an empty box and then not doing the right thing. I have filed a better business claim so well see where that goes as best buy online service was no help, but either way just wanted it noted that best buy will sell you an empty box for 40.00. Its a terrible deal unless you like to pay for empty boxes!"

modified review This review was modified by tisonh33 on January 27 2014 04:55:56 PM

"Great price, speedy shipping. I like the fact that I can shop even from other marketplaces like newegg and pay with my Best Buy credit card. "

"Horrible experience with Best Buy.

I will NEVER EVER purchase anything from this business ever again. I used to think it was a decent place to shop, now after the experience I have had there with a defective NEXUS 7 tablet, I won't make that mistake ever again.

Their customer service in the store was HORRIBLE!
2 45 minute waits for help
1 manager and 1 employee that don't even know their own policies.
Promised an exchange which never happened.
Later to find out from the store manager there were other options that should have been presented to me that never were.
I went back to the store multiple times due to lack of correct information and half truths from their staff.
Best Buy.com customer service was a total joke and totally ignored my request to speak with a manager on multiple occasions. Not to mention their answers to my e-mails were condescending.

STAY AWAY!!! FAR FAR AWAY!!! Shop somewhere that doesn't break promises, wastes your time, and actually knows how to treat a customer.

P.S. Their warranties are total CRAP!

modified review This review was modified by MikeWJr on January 23 2014 10:34:09 AM

"Best Buy website has the very annoying practice of not showing the price of certain items until you check out, you can't even see the price in your cart requiring you to actually login and go to check out to decide whether you want to buy the item. On a mobile device, if you have multiple items in your cart you can't see the price of each, only the total. That said, I decided to purchase the item in store with several other items instead. I picked a soundbar that was marked on sale for 239.98, reduced from 299.98. After checkout I didn't notice that I was actually charged the full price instead of the sale price as there were several other items purchased at the same time. I discovered the error a couple weeks later when I happened to look at the receipt. I went back to BB and explained what happened but they said that since it was past the 15 day return/match period (which was recently reduced from 30 days) and they couldn't tell what the price was at the time of purchase there was nothing they can do. Mind you there was a stack of these items with the sale price marked right on top of the stack and was still there. I got screwed because I didn't notice the price charged at checkout was different and they refused to make good on it. If you consider the aforementioned price hiding, they appear to employ questionable pricing practices that can cause customers to pay a higher price if not careful. I was a loyal customer because of their brick and mortar convenience and competitive policies but due to this lack of concern and recently reduced return/match policy, I have no choice but to relegate BB to be a showroom for Amazon.

They claim to want to be competitive to etailers with their price match policy which is great but until they improve their practices as evidenced by the reviews here that will not happen.

modified review This review was modified by inegrin on January 22 2014 07:04:01 AM

"I went into this store to have a Stereo put into my truck just before Thanksgiving. A simple installation turned into a nightmare. The installer Alex broke my A Pillar and put a hole in my dash. He then wrote on the invoice AFTER that there was a hole already there in my dash. When I picked up my truck, it was dark and didnt see it until the next day. Went back and talked to Roger the installation manager and he said Alex wouldnt do that hes an honest guy (which I guess makes me a liar). I then get an estimate to have it fixed. The manager Stephanie said she has to send this into their claims department and I will be hearing from them that day or the next. Didnt hear from them so called her back around noon, she was at lunch and would call back. Around 7pm she calls back and says she needs more information. I give it to her and again I should hear back within a day. STILL NOTHING! This goes on for a week and a half between her not being at work and not returning my phone calls. Talked to another manager and explained the whole situation all over again to find out whats going on with the claim. I told him I was taking my truck in to have it fixed, He said I wouldnt advise you do that until the claims department checks it out. I finally called corporate office. She talks to Stephanie and assures me that everything will be taken care of. I (the customer) had to call the claims department and they said they JUST GOT THE CLAIM after TWO WEEKS of being told I should be hearing from them any day!! Today is December 23rd and I still have not got any reimbursement from Best Buy!!! I WOULD NEVER STEP FOOT IN ANOTHER BEST BUY AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!! I would give Best Buy a NEGATIVE 100 on customer service!!

P.S. There is SO MUCH MORE to this situation that I didnt list because I dont want to write a book.

Today is 1/6/2014. spoke with Ela at the corporate office. (I called her) after being on the phone 52 min 17 sec, speaking with 3 different people and explaining the situation to all three, I got the same answers and run around. They want me to Handel their mess they created and contact their insurance co. The disaster continues..... keep you updated

modified review This review was modified by Chuckrock on January 06 2014 03:50:19 PM

"I recently bought a printer and was told that my account will be credited for the difference based on their price match guarantee because I found a cheaper price elsewhere. However, I never saw the credit appear in the my statement and when I called, they said that they won't be able to do that anymore AFTER I PURCHASED IT. Do not get scammed and be upfront with the pricing and such."

modified review This review was modified by whateverthehell on January 02 2014 11:07:32 AM

"Went on line to purchase a TV. Found the "deal of the day" was exactly what I wanted. Tried to order it. Once all information was entered, I selected to have it shipped to the store nearest me in GA. Results came back as "not available to be shipped to that store". I then tried several other stores with the same result. I changed tactics and decided to have it shipped to my house. Then it came up as "unavailable in this area". I called the helpline. Was told that it was a deal of the day and it might not be available in all areas. Asked to speak to a supervisor. Was put on hold for nearly 10 minutes. Finally a supervisor came on and told me the same thing. When I declared that to be unacceptable, she told me that's just the policy. She said since one was available somewhere in the US, it was still on the web site and I would just have to deal with not being able to order it. I told her I didn't believe any existed and to tell me where one actually was. After some argument, she told me there was one in Arkansas. I asked for and got the phone number of the store. I then asked for an address to write a complaint letter, and she hung up on me. I called the "Arkansas" store to find out that it was in Topeka, KS. I asked if they had one in stock. They looked, and amazingly, they did not have one.
With service like this, is it any wonder, Best Buy is in trouble?

modified review This review was modified by georgiareviewer on January 01 2014 02:02:04 PM

"I bought an Xbox One from best buy in Wesley Chapel, FL on December 29. It was faulty, I spoke toMicrosoft numerous times and the told me to take it back to the store the process would be faster. So I called the store where I purchased it and found out they had more in stock. I told them about my issue and what Microsoft said and they would not exchange it. Had the same problem with the store in New Tampa, on Bruce B Downs Blvd. So I finally called the store in Brandon, Fl and told the manager what I had gone through. He told me that they should have exchanged it. I was told to bringing it to his store and it was exchanged immediately. I had to drive 30 minutes away to get this resolved. After this incident I will never tell anyone to shop at best buy. I forgot to mention I owned the Xbox for 12 days and I bought a warranty also. "

modified review This review was modified by israel69 on December 30 2013 08:58:38 AM

"Best Buy has yet again shown me why online stores such as Amazon, B&H Electronic and such rule out. They have fooled themselves into thinking it has to do with the fact they didn't collect taxes in Ct. The fact is BB has the worst business ethics and customer service in the business. For example, I was told in a chat with BB they would price match and all I was to do was to simply take my info to the local BB to have this done. Whelp I did and they did not honor it. They had me stand and wait for 20 minutes while they called store supervisors then quoted some loophole in their guarantee and walked away. They did not have any intention in price matching the item. They just wanted to figure out how not to."

modified review This review was modified by Cravinm on December 28 2013 03:01:57 PM

"took my upgrade for new phone, failed to establish new phone, even after hours of tryingand would not return upgrade until I complained to every manager over the course of 2 days and then finally when threatened with legal action, returned upgrade."

modified review This review was modified by DAMANGAM on December 28 2013 09:38:38 AM

"Just before Black Friday, I purchased a new dishwasher and microwave. Paid with store card which was to include delivery by Dec 18th and include 5 yr Geek Squad warranty, kit for dishwasher installation, removal of old dishwasher and installation of new which was a promotion at the time for any appliance over 499.00. The new dishwasher was 599.00 alone without extras. Only the microwave was delivered on the 18th, the dishwasher was delivered on Dec 27th. NO removal of old, no installation of new, even tho correspondence said it was. The delivery person said all he does is drop it off. Very disappointed in coordination of delivery and set up. I bought from Lowes the last time whit no problems what so ever and made the mistake of not choosing Lowes again..."

modified review This review was modified by kingfisch on December 27 2013 06:56:39 PM

"Warning! Best Buy will not take for return what I bought 3 days before Christmas even with the receipt. I tried returning the item only 1 day after Christmas and was denied. When i asked to speak to a manager i was told there was no manager who would know why i could not return the item. When i asked to speak to the corporate office, I was shut down again and was told no one there could help me. It is horrible when a huge company doesn't know their own polices and will not help a customer. Well guess what? I am no longer a customer. From this day forward I will tell this story to everyone until the problem is fixed. Hello Best Buy, can you hear me now!!! Off to Facebook I go."

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!