Stores > Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.63/10 1.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.73/10 1.73/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.48/10 1.48/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10

"For some unexplained reason, Best Buy will not ship certain items that are available online. One must go to a retail stored and pick the item up. When I called to ask about this unbelievable policy and why they could not send me a hard drive, the sales clerk hung up on me. "

"Bought more then $35.000 for the last 4 years in Bestbuy products. Most of the items have been protected by geek squad protection plan. Used the protection plan one or 2 times for small things like headphones - worked well. they got my trust, and since then bought accidental damage protection for most of my electronics (a lot of those) Today was the first time when I really needed the protection, dropped my Nikon D7000 on a hiking trip - had pice of mind that I have protection. :) to find today that they are not going to help me since the damage is larger then the manager from the store Mark, could emagine that may happen from a drop. All evaluation is based on the managers mood or physics knowledge, ( I have serious reasons to belive that he doesn't know anything about physisc) may be his mood was bad... but that should not affect my shopping experience. The third option may be that he is rasist... over all very frustrated and disapointed. "

This review was modified by verybadbuy on June 22 2015 03:33:11 PM

"I went into the store to get an inexpensive item I had bought several times before at Best Buy, no one was at the greeter station at the front door so I went to the area where I last remembered it being. It wasn't there so I continued walking up & down the aisles looking. Numerous employees were standing around talking to each other or doing nothing. There were a few customers in the cell phone area but other than that not many at all. There were more employees than customers overall, yet I seemed to have gained powers of invisiblity. As I got to the far end of the store I noticed an employee standing at a register in the computer section, who had been there the whole time. I continued zig-zagging thru the aisles and as I got closer he turned around and quickly walked in the other direction. So that took care of the invisibility theory, it was just that none of the pudgy little employees wanted to have anything to do with the purchasing public. I had been considering taking a good look at a Windows OS upgrade and perhaps buying a copy of GTA V as well. Heck I might have picked up some phone accessories and spent upwards of $200. After traversing every aisle of the store it should have been abundantly clear that I was not able to find what I was looking for, but I wound up back at the front of the store and the greeter was back so asked him where the item I was looking for might be. He told me they no longer carried it. Since anything in Best Buy can be bought elsewhere I will never be back because it is now invisible to me. I strongly suspect they will not be in business very much longer."

"Think twice before purchasing through Best Buy, customer service is a nightmare and no help at all. I recently purchased three appliances. I was told by two person delivery team that refrigerator would not fit up the stairs. A 4 man team would be called, that information was of course incorrect. They never offered to take doors off which happens quite a bit on frigerator deliveries, I have received inconsistent messages from Geek Squad, Installation team, Guy I purchased through at store level. I had to keep calling them back since no returns my calls. Refrigerator is sitting in my garage sine I am having it returned to store at this point. Will go next door to Lowes for remainder of appliances. So Disappointed. "

This review was modified by Poolem on June 09 2015 05:10:14 PM

"Do Not shop in the Westminster Store. Do Not trust their geek squad. I was unable to accompany my grandmother to the store when her 18 month old HP All in One computer stopped working. In the span of an afternoon the sales team and Geek Squad looked at her computer and convinced her it was dead and way too expensive to fix. They charged her for programs and virus protection she already had and convinced her to buy an ASUS brand and told her HP is going down hill so it was a better buy. They also charged her to transfer her data for an additional $60. I talked to her after all of this was done and told her and my aunt to make sure and get her old unit back when they picked up the new one. I had contacted HP and they were willing to repair it for free because it was only 18 months old. When my Grandmother went to get it she was told they had to rip the old one apart and it was useless so they recycled it. Not only did they sell an inferior product to my grandmother who has a hard time hearing and understanding they destroyed and recycled a computer that potentially could have been fixed. I am disgusted with Best Buy. The sales team and geek squad are thieves. I understand they are in business to make money but really do they have a conscious? I will never shop at any best buy store again. I encourage others to boycott and if you do have to interact with them please help your elderly relatives when dealing with these money hungry criminals. Westminster Co Store 209"

This review was modified by aeamyjo on June 08 2015 01:40:38 PM

"Best Buy in Clackamas Oregon has the worst customer service, they would not allow my 85 year old father to enter the store two minutes early to use the bathroom so he had an accident in his pants. Thankfully there is always Amazon! I would like to meet that manager in a dark alley."

This review was modified by DuaneMcNulty on June 05 2015 11:53:18 AM

"My family loves Best Buy. I don't buy electronics any other place, normally. "

"Purchased a hoover carpet cleaner and the 4 year geek squad warranty had the cleaner for 8 months when to use it for the second time and it quit so I took it back to Best Buy to have it taken care of under the geek squad warranty or replaced as promised. The cleaner was listed at 299.00 we got on sale for 199.00 and was told the geek squad warranty was no good and that they would nothing and the store would replace it with a lesser model or they would give store. So if you buy anything on sale at a BestBuy they will tell that the extra money you spend for a replacement warranty is good until something breaks out and then they won't cover it at all. It is just a way for them to steal from the customers as we found that our 239.00 dollar cleaner is worth 179.00. will never shop there again for anything. "

This review was modified by garystapleton on May 30 2015 03:06:08 PM

"They could not solve the problem that the phone was not as described, and they did nothing to recompense me for the inconvenience and frustration of the multiple calls, trip to the store and delay in having a phone to use because of having to return it, not to mention that I now have to get it shipped out. They described the product wrong on their website, don't bother checking whether it actually has a card slot or not, and then refuse to take responsibility. Not impressed with Best Buy."

This review was modified by bestbuystinks on May 29 2015 04:22:44 PM

"Over the memorial day week-end I told a Best Buy sales person knowledgeable about TV's (his own admission) that my HD picture on my 40"Sony Bravia was no longer transmitting in HD. I had black bars on either side of the picture. He told me the panel was no good and would be too expensive to fix. The panel under the screen next to the light. Therefore' I would be better off purchasing a new TV. He was eager to show me some TV's. I decided to get a second opinion. The dealer where I had purchased the set originally told me to call my cable company and they would adjust my picture settings. He said I would not have to replace my TV. He was correct. Let the " Buyer beware at Best Buy"."

This review was modified by sidkod on May 27 2015 09:18:24 AM

"I am so upset for best buy service! When they delivery,they drop the refreigtor to my new floor , make a big damage , and when we file claim no body take care of it ! Becareful !very unprofessional ! "

"Their customer service was absolutely horrific. I had to contacted them several times just to wait and then be transferred and transferred and transferred only to hanged up on. However, after being sent to the correct person they gave the information I wished to acquire after much delay."

This review was modified by thisisbulltohavehavetobeamember on May 11 2015 02:49:43 PM

"Garbage merchant. Shop here if you enjoy throwing money away."

"Absolutely terrible service and ordering system.
I placed an order online, it failed verification twice for no reason.
I then called in and with a very lengthy phone call manually placed the order and was told everything is fine. Only to received a verification failed email a few moments after putting the phone down.
Further lengthy phone calls and being bounced around, I was told they dont know why it fails and worst still they dont have any answers or ways of doing the order.
This after my bank confirmed there is not problem and they authorised all the order attempts.
I am an international customer, yet the only help they could offer was "please come into the store" or buy on your next visit to the states.
Never in my years have I had any company, let alones such as large one deal so badly with a customer!

"I recently had problems with my work laptop. Taking it to the Geek Squad we determined (1) the keyboard was going out (surprise surprise since I type for a living); and (2) the hard drive was starting to have issues.

I decided it was more economically feasible to purchase a new laptop. I spoke with a very knowledgeable professional at the San Angelo store and ultimately purchased an ASUS i5 laptop. I LOVE BestBuy and plan on buying all of my office equipment there.

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!