Stores > Best Buy

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.58/10 2.58/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10

2015-09-15

"I had a horrible experience with Best Buy in Seekonk, MA. In general, Best Buy should extend its return policy to at least 21 days. 15 days is not enough time to determine if you want to keep a computer.

I bought a Lenovo laptop bundle that came with Kapersky (?) Internet Security and Microsoft Office. Around a week after getting the laptop, it started having issues. I called Lenovo and they were unhelpful. I should have returned it to Best Buy then but decided to keep it because I figured it wouldn't happen again. However, it started having other issues that my HP never had but by then, it was too late to return it.

More specifically about the Seekonk location, the employees at the customer service desk are not helpful or friendly. When I bought my bundle, I was charged one bundle price under the assumption that everything was included in the price. The cashier did not mention any additional charge to me. I didn't need the MS Office until yesterday but when I went to use it, I found that it wasn't activated.

Today, I went to Best Buy and talked to customer service. The Asian girl that helped (or didn't help) me was so rude even though I was calm and as nice I could be considering the circumstances. She told me that I needed to pay extra to use the MS Office. I explained that I was under the assumption that it was all included but she didn't seem to care. She acted annoyed. I asked for a supervisor and the supervisor guy was unhelpful and not very friendly either. Definitely not shopping there again or recommending any of my friends or family to Best Buy. There's too many other stores that sell electronics.

This review was modified by mesugsheerie on September 15 2015 02:33:04 PM

2015-09-07

"Purchased a WiFi thermometer at their site to be picked up. Site said they had them in stock. Went to store only to find they didn't have the item. My $270 will be tied up for at least the nest 3 or so days. "

2015-09-07

"Went to purchase a Gophone Lumia 640 that was on sale. In addition to sales tax, I was charged $1.05 for Prepaid Wireless E911. After I left the store, I noticed the plastic packaging was defective, so I went back to exchange it with another one. At Customers Service, I was told I have to pay another $1.05 (Prepaid Wireless E911) if I want to exchange it. I told them I changed my mind and requested refund, and was told I would be given refund minus $1.05 (Prepaid Wireless E911). Nothing on the sales receipt indicated that should I return a merchandise, I would be assessed the fee of Prepaid Wireless E911. After I got my refund (less $1.05), I went to the Target store next to the Best Buy, and purchased the same phone without having to pay the fee ($1.05) of Prepaid Wireless E911. I would advise to avoid Best Buy."

2015-08-25

"Purchased a new Laptop. Took it home and started it up. Short story, we could not get passed setup. Setup was asking for a password for "Defaultuser0 " we hadn't setup yet! We didn't have a password yet. There seems to be some issue with "Defaultuser0 " coming up on some units. There is a fix for it, but I think you need the disk. There is no disk with a new unit. We packed it up and RETURNED THE SAME DAY (4 hours later)!
Don't expect an easy return at Bestbuy. After Itzel thoroughly checked all parts were present, Itzel proceeded to boot up laptop. Itzel told us that unless we could give her the password, we would be charged $30 to have the password retrieved and unlocked! WE DIDN'T HAVE A PASSWORD! WE WERE NEVER EVER ABLE TO SETUP!! after arguing with Itzel about it, she found a manager. The manager told us "this is policy". (You will also go through this, if you have to return an electronic item, or?) The laptop was now given to geek area to go through and check the laptop. 20 minutes later, the manager said; okay, Itzel will give a refund as soon as she's done with them. We stood there at Itzel's counter watching as she finished with the customer she was with. Itzel finished with the customer, AND WALKED OVER TO THE LINE AND PULLED ANOTHER CUSTOMER OUT OF THE LINE AND STARTED TO HELP THEM! My wife walked over to Itzel and asked her why she wasn't taking us. Itzel said she would - after she was finished with yet ANOTHER customer. 35 minutes later, we were done with Bestbuy. FOREVER!!

2015-08-25

"The worst place 2 buy from!!! bought a $1500 sony tv took it home and it didn't work!! tried 2 return it the next day and they refused 2 take it back!! filed a report with the credit card company and BBB. don't shop here!!!!"

This review was modified by HusamAkkoub on August 25 2015 12:09:00 AM

2015-08-23

"This is the worst service I have ever experienced. I ordered a washer and dryer online and it showed in stock when I ordered. I have now had four different delivery dates and still no product. The geek squad can't seem to talk with the store and no one seems to care. I am canceling my order and just going to Lowes tomorrow and get one with next day delivery. Best Buy is the worst!!"

This review was modified by Usmcr on August 24 2015 04:29:45 AM

2015-08-21

"I have been shopping at Best Buy for over 15 years. I have not had a bad experience. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. They explained everything, hooked me up through sprint it was great. I always buy my phones at BB. I have to give them 5 starts"

2015-08-18

"best buy, chula vista, one of the authorized FRAUD companies.

Cashier Member ID: 3777944485
Sales Manager: Jenny.

I chose this title because best buy cashier, employees and managers should be best buy ambassadors.

2 weeks ago I went to best buy chula vista to buy a laptop. After I chose LENOVO Y70, I tried to pay using my NAVY Federal Credit Union credit card (NFCU) but the cashier says that I cannot use this credit card to pay in the store. I tried to cancel my purchase because I don't have cash nor debit but he says that I still can pay with NFCU credit card over the phone when I call citibank. I showed him the NFCU credit card to make sure and he said that he was 100% sure that I can pay with a NFCU credit card.

Yesterday, I called citybank to pay my LENOVO laptop and I was surprised that they don't accept any credit card payments. It should be cash or debit. I explained to them what happened in best buy (please see above). They apologized that they cannot help and I have to call best buy to solve the issue because it is impossible to make this payment with a credit card.

I called best buy chula vista to speak to best buy sales manager "jenny". I explained to her what happened (please see above). She apologized about what happened and says that everybody makes mistakes and i have to solve this problem and take responsibility for it. WAIT!!! WHAT?
so let me get this straight jenny THE MANAGER. You are asking me to mess my credit because I don't have cash and that this will affect my U.S. NAVY command and affect my career and get kicked out because of best buy mistake? best buy!!! how I should take responsibility for your mistake?
After explaining to jenny that I cannot return the laptop back to best buy because I have a flight tomorrow morning and my car is in the naval base storage, she was not cooperative and as always replies that everybody makes mistakes and I have to take responsibility otherwise my credit will be messed up.
I had to cancel my flight and get my car back from storage to take best buy responsibility and to fix best buy mistake and to keep myself from a bad credit and maybe a job loss.

So best buy look what you've done. I had to lose my flight ticket, my storage, wasted hours of my time to fix your and your ambassadors mistake because I care about my credit and since now I have an outstanding credit.

This review was modified by BashirYazbik on August 18 2015 02:53:27 PM

2015-08-16

"Bought a fit bit before future shop became best buy so I was a bit nervous when it stopped working suddenly! I came into the Oliver square location in Edmonton and was helped out my Mohit. He was fast helpful found all of my old receipts and fixed my problem! Thanks for the excellent service!"

2015-08-15

"I had the misfortune of purchasing a Dell all-in-one computer from Best Buy. No sooner had I connected it to the internet then it was infected by viruses before I even had the chance to download my antivirus software. Best Buy sells inferior, vulnerable products to you so they can turn around and foist their expensive Geek Squad services on you. Do yourself a favor. Buy products company-direct and find a Computer Renaissance or some other reputable computer services company to do the geek stuff. You will get much better products at a better price (Dell Refurbished, for example) and you won't feel gang-raped everytime you need to take your computer back to the store in order to fix the problems associated with the inferior products Best Buy sells."

This review was modified by samonetaz on August 15 2015 07:27:32 AM

2015-08-14

"I had the misfortune to buy insurance bestbuy for my cell phone and they had to discuss with the ignorance of the staff of the Geek Squad 2500 Winston Park Dr., Unit A Oakville, ON, L6H 7E5 where a hardware problem the staff did not want even looking at the phone because unlocked with unlock code received directly from the phone company, with the excuse that is not compatible with the new phone company. Geek Squad personnel with technical skills below average phone perfectly copatibile at a cost of less than $ 20 I fixed the problem ever more andro Best buy in shops in particular 2500 Winston Park Dr., Unit A Oakville, ON, L6H 7E5 l only regret spending and sent more than 200 customers in the store"

2015-08-10

"I would have given them 0 if I could!!! Worst customer service I have received my entire life. Total ripoff! I was warned to never shop there!!! My dad is a senior and they screwed him over. They are such jerks!!! Manager didnt even have decency to give us his last name. As you know they only have their first names on their name tag!! NO WONDER!!! Coquitlam BC store is the closest to where I live and the one I will never walk into again!! Word of mouth is the best advertising for any organization!! NOW, I certainly know how to advertise for them..."

2015-08-10

"Best buy store at chesapeake square personal are disrespectfull and do not like white people. they have little or no knowledge of store policies. salesman was Kaelem M "

2015-08-02

"So for the first time in I don't know how many years I went to Best Buy to actually buy something. Normally, like normal people, I shop online as the markup in retail is insane! I figured I heard about Best Buy's "price match guarantee" and with a broken Mac charger I would rather not wait 2 days to get my Amazon order.
So I read their terms online regarding price match and went into the store. The people in there were as dumb as rocks when it came to policy. At first the people at the service desk had to call a manager to ask if that particular store honors price match. Then they had to call again to see if they price match Apple products. At this point I knew I made a mistake giving Best Buy another shot at my business and it quickly got worse from there.
For the next 20 minutes I argued with a 60 year old lady as we looked through dozens of chargers online. The retail price in Best Buy was $80 for a charger and was on newegg and amazon for $15-$25. The employee however saw that "the pictures online do not look the same as on the box." I tried to point out that the pictures are of different angles and the only thing that matters is the model number in the product description. There was one available online for about $50 but she refused to honor the price match on the cheaper items though because the pictures online were not exactly the same as on the box.
Finally I got fed up and just got the $15 charger off Amazon, same model and much less than the $80 Best Buy charged. The entire point of price match is to not lose business to the online retailers, so if you are not actually going to honor the lowest price then DON'T ADVERTISE IT! Thank you Best Buy for reminding me why I stopped buying from you in the first place.

This review was modified by jesse2589 on August 02 2015 03:15:10 PM

2015-08-01

"Do not purchase from this store. If you do, especially do not buy the extended warranty. I purchased and item, bought the extended warranty, and even had the sales manager write down the terms and conditions and the item broke a year later, which is no big deal because things do break. I went back to this store to have this taken care of under the warranty they sold me and they checked-in my item, let it set there for weeks then called me and said they couldn't fix it and all they could do was offer me a "small portion" of what I paid back, but that amount would be depreciated, which means I would have ended up with not even a quarter of I was supposed to put towards a new items. They said they would not replace it even though the literature and brochure says if it can't be fixed, it will be replaced. They said they would not replace it with a comparable item and said the information they gave me originally was wrong. They told me they couldn't adjust the price of the new item because it would negatively impact their sales numbers when competing with other stores and they refused to do anything. I even provided the original warranty brochure that said if the item can't be fixed, it would be replaced with a comparable item and the manager said their literature was wrong and misstated it and they are not responsible for their own typos and mistakes and that's too bad. I explained further to the manager and he VERY RUDELY said if it can't be fixed all he will do is give me a small portion of what I paid back on a gift card and depreciate that and I could buy a more expensive item and pay the rest of the price and the warranty would not even transfer and I had to buy a new one at full price. then he said I could call their legal department if I wanted to sue them to get it replaced under by what their literature said. I contacted another nearby store and they explained that the store on Powers (Store 212) is like this because they are more concerned about sales number than taking care of customers and that store advised me to call corporate. In talking with Corporate, they apologized for that store's behavior and that specific person said she has had numerous complaints about that store and advised me to shop at a different store because that store is "going through changes". Oh, and this was what put me over the edge, one person advised me that it wasn't even worth my time to use the warranty they suggested that I buy a new item and pay for it entirely and buy a Geek Squad Protection Plan in case this happens again but he would not guarantee that BestBuy would do anything different or even replace it. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE."

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!