Product & services pricing Rating 3.47/10 3.47/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.05/10 1.05/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.40/10 0.40/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.45/10 0.45/10

"Customer satisfaction

What is it and where has it gone, oh thats right it went online. As a die hard techie I am finding myself spending money on gadgets more than I should, but where do I shop?

I don't mind paying a little more just to receive excellent customer service, lately its Amazon and Google Play that has given me the best service. When I have a question, they listen and answer and some times check up on you after the conversation. That is service!

Recently I decided to give my old favorite store another chance (mainly because they were the only ones selling my item). So I happily went into the Best Buy store here in Austin Texas and asked someone for assistance. I already knew what I wanted and knew everything about the device, so I only needed information regarding next shipment and availability. Never did I expect what was coming.

I asked the LP (guys in yellow by the front) to check the system for me, he was nice and checked it and even gave me the direct line to the podium and when to call back, customer service at its finest.

So I called back when instructed too, only to have some angry person pick up and argue with me that he did not give me the number. So naturally the most important thing here is to get to the bottom of who gave me the number and info. I was like what ever, he may have been under the influence, I will let it slide. So I decided to avoid another uncomfortable call and go into the store.

I tried to find a salesperson (not hard to find as they all have blue shirts), but it seems that they were all busy running in a circle or something as they could not help me. I asked the LP guy to find me a salesperson to help me out, he said "no problem just wait over there, and I'll have someone here shortly". He did not ask what I wanted or anything, but in his defense he was in a interesting conversation with his friend and did not want to be bothered.

10 minutes later someone arrives, and I ask him to see if there are any items in the back, and if I can get a better view of the item on display. He had to leave to find out, as I stood there no one asked me if I needed help as they passed by and trust me I looked like I needed help. Already disappointed by the service, I continued to wait. Finally he returns with a NO and NO, we cant do that and we don't know when more will be here and walks off.

I did not leave very happy, instead they wasted over an hour of my day. So another day I vowed to ONLY call and not show up at the store as I didn't leave very happy last time. I called and was on hold for about 20 minutes before the phone was transferred to someone who just ended the call with out saying a word. As a techie I was thinking their phone system has a glitch, but I called again and again and same result. Maybe they wanted to leave early, who knows but I would never return to the store unless its un avoidable.

Then one night I found they had it online (for a brief 15 minutes), so I purchased it and upgraded for expedited shipping. Needless to say I still haven't received the device....2nd day air, I don't think so. My Amazon order that was placed the following day has already arrived....I wonder where Im going to purchase my gadgets from next, here is a hint it will never be Best Buy.

"I ordered a washer & dryer & the washer did not work, my replacement was supposed to arrive in 3 days & never did. When I called customer service I was told that they did come to my apartment but did not have my apartment # or the correct phone # to reach me at which is literally unbelievable because they had just delivered to my apartment & called the correct # just days before for the 1st delivery. The soonest they would send it out again is a week which is unacceptable considering this was their mistake & should be correctly immediately. I called corporate & was able to get a few days earlier thancustoner service had stated & received a very minimal compensation for my hassle. As I told the guy from corporate my only satisfactory solution is to make sure everyone knows what shoddy, horrible customer service Best Buy has, so I proceeded to give out best buys corporate # to people with complaints on their fb page, within an hour they blocked me from being able to comment on their page anymore which is a true example of their horrible customer service. I am basically stuck paying for this washer & dryer but I promise I will never spend another dime at best buy & I will make it my mission to talk anyone who might be considering shopping there out of it"

modified review This review was modified by Chrissydawley on December 04 2014 10:13:42 AM

"Bad customer service.
Sometimes they willing to help. Sometimes they don't. I made orders from them and system cancel my order without telling me.
I don't want to buy from they again.

They made me screw my important date. Not reliable seller at all.

"Went into the Warwick, RI store to get a new phone. The manager / clerk was being snide to a customer in front of us simply because he want a box for his phone. She even asked him if he want her to build a box. With all the phones on display you could not give him a box. So at least 10 people heard the way you treated this person. We ended up getting her as a clerk. Needed to transfer my cell number which the company was giving up to me to a new phone under my brother-in-laws plan that my wife who is a manager on. She told us my brother-in-law needed to be there in person even though we had all the account info including passwords and she could have called him. We left and went across the street to the Verizon store. Got the phone and the plan I wanted at a better price and a much more pleasant experience."

modified review This review was modified by dad2sophie on December 03 2014 06:59:29 AM

"Went in to price match a dslr at the Bestbuy in Johnson City, TN. The floor clerk was extremely rude saying "we do not price match." I was told when shopping a week earlier that they would match any competing store. Not so. They do not price match. Do not waste your time haggling over discontinued merchandise at this dealer. Buy online from another store such as B&H for photo equipment if you expect consistent service. "

modified review This review was modified by zip37602 on December 02 2014 09:44:26 PM

"Terrible customer service"

"Purchased a refrigerator and then canceled the order a couple days later because it was going to take them over 2 weeks to deliver it, and one of their competitors got the same model to me the next day. Over two weeks went by and I never received a credit back to my credit card for the $2000 refrigerator. I called them, and they couldn't tell me when it would be refunded. One thing even said it could take multiple billing cycles. We're going on 2015 here, it shouldn't take this long at all to get a refund."

modified review This review was modified by electrahealth on December 22 2014 11:49:21 AM

"I wish I had done more research before buying online from Best Buy. They ended up overcharging me taking an additional $300 out of my account and than when I called to ask why, spent 45 minutes arguing with me about it saying they would put it back into my account within 24 hours and I shouldn't worry about it. I made a $900 purchase and they took $1200 and I shouldn't worry about? They were very rude and had horrible customer service. They were completely unwilling to admit that they made a mistake, but instead kept telling me not to worry about it. I will not be doing business with Best Buy in the future."

modified review This review was modified by moan68 on December 01 2014 08:43:41 PM

"Bought the TV and it was supposed to be shipped to us. They sold the TV to someone else. They had no idea where that TV was located. I went on a wild goose chase round and round with them. They did not call back. They had no idea how to correct the problem. I will never shop in Best Buy again. Word of advice: don't use their shipping. We had a similar problem when we bought appliances but thought it was a fluke. It isn't; they literally suck that bad."

modified review This review was modified by emiliejconnolly on December 01 2014 03:22:12 AM

"I have had a serious problem getting my reward points corrected for the last EIGHTEEN months!! I've been awarded points for customer service, that never get to my account so I can use them, but sit in my profile. I, and any rep that looks, can see them, but they are NEVER actually put on my account. Also, points for purchases made are not properly awarded. I am an Elite Plus Member, and supposed to get a minimum of 1.5 points per dollar, but this does not happen. I have called EVERY month for the last EIGHTEEN months, and if it were not for the added value of having the reward points, I would not shop at best buy. Because they are NOT the best buy. I have decided that after much patience drained from me unnecessarily, and no action from them, I will make NO PURCHASES OF ANY KIND IN 2015!! Not even so much as a bottle of water or a stick of gum. I'm done. I want them to understand that customers DESERVE respect and integrity from the business they deal with. Right now, they do not."

"Bought a Galaxy TabPro 10.1 from Staples on 27-11-2014 and wondered whether BestBuy match the price as I wanted to get rid of some gift cards sitting in my wallet since long. I got a staples flyer too to show them. Staples Flyer had 2 different leaflets; one for Thursday and one for Black Friday. When I showed the flyer to the sales associate, he told me that the prices advertised is for Black Friday, not for Thursday. Then I showed the days and dates shown on the flyer, he suggested that the price might be misprinted. Staples cannot sell that item on this price today. I told them I have confirmed they were selling it on this price and that price was not misprinted. He called his immediate manager to resolve this matter. The manager told me the same. Then I finally showed my receipt that I already purchased this item but they still insisted that the price is wrong. They also told me that if I already bought that Tab then why I want to buy another. I told him the reason. He simply refused to sell that Item on that price and told me that only store manager can authorized to sell on this price who was in meeting and meeting was supposed to be continued for another 2 hours. Then I just checked the price of that Tab on bestbuy.ca and you know what I found... The same price I bought the Tab from Staples. No sales ass.ociate even tried to look what price Bestbuy is selling that item. I showed the Bestbuy price to sales ass. and manager. Those were some awkward moments for them that all their argument about the pricing were useless and lame. The manager said that now they can beat the Staples price (as both had the same advertised price). I was sick of the lame excuses and wasted my time there so I decided to say Goodbuy to BestBuy. I would rather shop somewhere else but not The WorstBuy."

"Best Buy is a very unprofessional company. On Black Friday, I was looking to buy a laptop, and was given incorrect information from the sales people on what the laptop provided and what discounts applied on it. As a college student, I was told that my discount did not supply on the laptop, when it did. After researching on my own and deciding to return the product, I waited in line for thirty minutes in the return line, with a full line of people behind me, and no one helped us until the manager had to come. Very unpleasant experience; their Geek Squad Return Policy is very flimsy. I would never recommend buying ANYTHING at Best Buy."

"No wonder this company is losing customers. They advertise black friday specials on an ipad air 2 64 gb for $100 off in store only. So, we go and wait in line at 5 pm thanksgiving only to find out they don't have any. They say apple never game them any.....so why the *^#* advertise on your website???? When asked for a rain check - response "sorry, we don't give rain checks". I stopped shopping at this pathetic retail chain a couple years ago but figured I'd give them another try - never again! Too many good dealers to buy products these days than to deal with Best Buy."

modified review This review was modified by jmacsdca on November 27 2014 05:45:53 PM

"Best buy ownings mills md. Avoid this store at all costs. Went in at 5PM today to mobile counter. Filled out form for new phone. Four reps behind counter, then, like magic all but one go to dinner. Rep serving elderly woman took 45 minutes, ten deciding on a black or white phone. Sitting right beside her. Rep was nice. Three reps came back, but not trained to do anything but sell cases. Then a person, who I had talked to when he came in after me, got served. They were mixing up the forms, not in order of arrival. At 6:30PM I left. I noticed sales associates in other depts. standing around wih no customers. Train more reps for the mobile dept. No management in evidence. Incompetent store management. Neer going to waste time at Best Buy again. Maybe they'll go the way of many other stores."

modified review This review was modified by sandy111222333 on November 24 2014 05:30:14 PM

"Went to the one in Tiffany Spring, MO. They wouldn't help me because i looked poor. Also I stood in front of customer service for help while 4 employees laughed and had a great time, without helping me. Couldn't get a manager to answer my calls. Called HQ and they pretended to say they were going to help but never did. Called back 4 days later and they told me I never filed a discrimination case. I have the calls recorded and on top of it Their cameras show how i was treated differently. If someone knows a great lawyer in missouri to help me please email my youngdunkin29@gmail.com. thanks"

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!