• Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.46/10 0.46/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.04/10 1.04/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.16/10 0.16/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.19/10 0.19/10

"Ordered Amazon Fire TV Stick instead of normally through Amazon prime. Mistake. Had problems with install but no help since I refuse to pay for Geek service. Back to Amazon."

modified review This review was modified by casser on December 17 2014 09:43:44 PM

"Purchased a pair of Beats Headphones on sale for 49.99, the price dropped to 34.99 after shipment, but before I got the item delivered to me(was still in transit). Called a day or two to get their 'price match' guarantee, I was given the run around by the first person on the phone, essentially telling me they couldn't find the item in their database. The second time I called, spent an hour, however, I was told that because the item was a clearance item, I can't get the price match. This is not in sync with their advertised policy for price match, it mentions nothing about clearance pricing, it only mentions if the price drops after you order and before you receive it, they will refund the difference. In any case, fought with them for longer than I should have(30 mins on first call, over an hour on the second call), but American Express refunded the difference in under 5 minutes. Nice move best buy, never shopping in your store(s) ever again. American Express on the other hand, you've got a customer for life!!! "

modified review This review was modified by devon_d_dougherty on December 17 2014 09:06:22 AM

"I tried to buy an iPad Air 2 on Black Friday. After trying for over 2 hours to get my order to go through I gave it one more try. I found that not only did I not have an order listed, but conveniently, even though the order never got through, they took all my gift card money....strange. I got concerned so I checked my bank card statement to find that they had charged my credit card not once but twice for over a thousand dollars for an order that didn't exist in their records. After hours and hours and HOURS of phone conversation with my bank, Best Buy and being disconnected (after waiting for over 20 minutes..no less than 5 times) I was told that I'd just have to trust them, they'd make sure it didn't go through on my card. I've never dealt with such an inept group of customer service representatives and you guessed it, they never ordered the Ipad for me.

"bought a product. could not return in store. then processed a refund instead of sending out an exchange 5 days before xmas. there employees are the dumbest people. the management sucks, bad culture all around. I will NEVER purchase from them again. "

"Seems Best Buy on line is doing some bait and switch. I attempted to buy a camera with a bundle, but after I set up an account, and filled in the data, the item was no longer available-BUT, I could buy the things in the bundle for $97.00 more dollars. Bad form Best Buys"

modified review This review was modified by camcam2 on December 14 2014 01:04:46 PM

"I live in Calgary, 2 separate ads for an item was in their flyer, regular $400 for $50 off. Turns out in both ads no locations stock the item & when I phone locations & customer service they can't see their warehouse inventory or order the item, or bring it in from another store.
I asked for contact info of head office and the only way to contact them in snail mail! No email address. Maybe they should hire Geek Squad to show them how to use email.
If you shop her or Future Shop you should expect no customer service.

Save yourself grief & hassles & do NOT SHOP AT BESTBUY or FUTURE SHOP!

"i bought washer & dryers, They promise me will delivery and do installation in the same day, but they did not show up. and they did not call me back to reschedule delivery, so i have to call them again to set up another delivery for next week, and guess what, AGAIN they did not show up. i'm totally piss off, i called them to find it out what's going on but they transferred my call many times, and every transfer i have to wait for almost 25 mins. totally UNPROFESSIONALLY. "

modified review This review was modified by ryd89 on December 13 2014 02:33:39 PM

"Muy mal Best Buy. Compre por online en black Friday. Cuando se suponía que el producto debía de llagar me llevo la sorpresa de que la orden fue cancelada. Ni un correo, ni una llamada. Solo un lo siento es política de la compañía que la entrega no se hace en oficinas. Pregunto que donde esta esa política y me dice que en "envíos al exterior" cuando el producto era para ser entregado en alabama. "

modified review This review was modified by Camilousa on December 13 2014 04:33:38 AM

"Buyer Beware; Best Buy has no integrity and I feel like I was taken advantage of and discriminated against because of my age.
On the night of December 11, 2014, with the referral, recommendation and assurance of the sales associate in the electronics department at Best Buy # 203 in Austin, Texas, I purchased an Easy CD & Burning kit. I’m a senior citizen and my eyesight is not the best, so I depend on honorable and knowable sales people to give me trustworthy and accurate information. And at my age, every purchase is vital.
I must say I have never been misadvised by any other business sales staff or associates before. I have made purchases at Best Buy before, so I thought it was a company I could trust and depend upon for good honest customer service. Instead I was mislead and tricked into purchasing a product that did not meet my needs or perform the needed function that the sales associate said it could provide me that I needed. I told the sales people I needed a product that had capabilities to RIP a DVD. I was assured by more than one sales person even when I tried to take it back, that this product could RIP DVDs.
When I got home and tried to use the product It could not RIP DVDs, instead it only had capabilities to RIP CDs.
The very next day I tried to take the product back but a different sales associate that day (Josh) would not take it back, I and a friend of mine tried to explain that the only reason I bought this product is because the sales person referred it and assured me that this was what I needed and it could RIP a DVD. If not for the information the sales person gave me I would not have purchased this product. It would have been more appropriate for him to tell me he did not know anything about the RIP process, then I would not have purchased this product. My friend wrote the names of all associate that were involved, but she lost the list of names.
I have come to the conclusion that there are two possibilities to this incident, either the sales people at Best Buy purposely mislead me to get a sale of $32.46 from me and take advantage of me and discriminate against me because of my age and other factors or the sales associates were not qualified or knowable about the department they were working or products to refer and give customers honest and trustworthy advise.
My friend and I left very upset because the associate would not take any responsibility for mistakenly or purposely selling me something I could not use.
But after we left Best Buy, we went to Fry’s and the sales associates found the product I needed. And they also said since they referred the product to me, if it was not what I needed to just bring it back and they would gladly try to find something else or give me a refund with no problem.
I tried the product Fry’s referred for me to buy and it works well.
Thank you Fry’s, not only do your sales associates know their products, they know about good customer care and business integrity. And for that reason I will not be shopping at Best Buy again. And I would advise anyone planning to go to Best Buy not to trust the sales associates.
And this does prove it is at the company’s discretion weather to honor a return or not, policy has nothing to do with it. Best Buy has no integrity and I feel like I was taken advantage of and discriminated against because of my age.

modified review This review was modified by wendellhandy on December 12 2014 11:21:16 PM

maggerbee's Avatar
Bally, PA

"Used my Best Buy Mastercard at a Non Best Buy location to get the $20 Bonus Reward Certificate. Still haven't received it on 12/12. After about 10 calls and hours wasted. All I'm told now is that I have to wait. This is terrible customer service. Amazon would have given me $20 instantly, first call. They should be ashamed of themselves."

modified review This review was modified by maggerbee on December 12 2014 09:23:15 AM

"Ordered a TV on Cyber Monday 2014. Shipping Address on order is New Hampshire, they sent me tracking showing item was delivered in Ohio. I contacted customer service and they said that it is UPS problem and I need to contact them. Unreal. They (Best Buy) made an error and they are telling me to fix it. Worst service EVER! Stay away"

modified review This review was modified by chasgallo on December 12 2014 09:52:06 AM

"I bought Disney infinity 2.0 for XBOX. The price was amazing and I snatched it up. I was so happy with my purchase which I was promised by Dec. 12, until I got an email saying I might not get it until the 30th. Not so happy. I did give them a bad review somewhere because of it. Today is the 11th and the package arrived ahead of time, and in great shape.

I would have given them 5 stars if I hadn't gotten the belated Christmas gift scare.

And Best Buy has not asked me to review them yet. I'm sure that email is coming, but I wrote this because they deserve a good review.

modified review This review was modified by Plane306 on December 11 2014 01:45:39 PM

"Got screwed over by Walmart on a purchase of a Black Friday Smart TV deal. They bill you even if they don't have the merchandise to deliver and then lie over and over. So I opted to order from Best Buy-it was easy and was delivered in 2 days just as promised. Christmas crisis averted. Thank you Best Buy!!"

"I have always bought my cell phones from Best Buy due to the best phone insurance. I bought my last and final phone including my business from them. When we purchased our phone they did not mention to us that the insurance changed. They told us it was like all our other phone insurance. To our avail the phone screen broke and went to turn the phone in for a new one and they wanted $149 for deductable. WTH! This is where they hire people that dont know what they are doing and they hurd you in and hurd you out. I did ask the manager what ever happend to their "PROMISE TO US" billboard that they have posted all over their store. It is just a ploy. I would never buy from them again they are not honest and i recommend anybody other than Best Buy to shop at. "

modified review This review was modified by jodi61126 on December 10 2014 11:47:17 AM

"I placed an online order with Best Buy for in store pick up. I received my email confirmations that my two items were ready for pick up. When I went in the store I was told repeatedly by a supervisor that "Sounds like I have a problem and there is nothing we can do. The items were mailed to Texas (I live in Michigan)." When I asked if he could assist in any fashion the answer 3 times was "Sounds like I have a problem and there is nothing we can do. The items were mailed to Texas."

So much for customer service! The supervisor could have cared less about the consumer standing in front of him. To date for 2014 I have spent over $30,000 at Best Buy.....SHAME ON THEM!!!!!

modified review This review was modified by Vhobson387 on December 09 2014 04:52:18 PM

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!