• Address: 420 Ninth Ave (at 34th St).
    • Contact: ord-status@bhphotovideo.com.
    • Phone: 800-294-9336 / 212-502-62
    • Customer Support: 212-502-6237
    • Business Hours: Sunday: 10:00am-6:00pm. Monday through Thursday: 9:00am-7:00pm. Friday: 9:00am-2:00pm DST or -1:00pm
    • Fax: 212-239-7770

• checkmark icon COD

Product & services pricing Rating 5.24/10 5.24/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.44/10 4.44/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.84/10 4.84/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.37/10 3.37/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.94/10 2.94/10

"I am changing my recent review of B and H to a more positive one based on the following reasons:

I recently had a very difficult interaction with one of the customer service representatives. I was very upset regarding a delivery charge that I thought was mis-charged due to a combination of my innocent mis-understanding of the website's information, and also because of the unique practices of B and H (please be advised to check VERY carefully about dates this store is closed due to religious holidays. It may be for extended periods of time). I went though a lot to have the charges reversed. At first, it seemed that B & H would not budge to see the mis-understanding. However, after a few e-mails and interactions, one of the customer service advisors self-initated another e-mail correspondence apologizing for the handling of the process up to that point. He was polite and reasonable which was satisfying. I have decided to keep my $2000 camera vs. return it because of the more positive, reasonable and kinder manner that the supervisor chose to re-address my issue.

modified review This review was modified by EasternPAmom on May 01 2014 09:24:10 AM

"Update:
And now I basically got a slap in my face.
I emailed and asked why shipment was delayed and I mentioned I could have saved $6 if I wanted to wait for the same seller whose distributor apparently screwed up by shipping the wrong drive, drop ship. So retailer was not at fault here.
Anyway, I told in the email I dont want $6 I want my drive to be delivered on time. So they refunded my $6.
What a bunch of MORONS!!!!!!
If I could lower rating to ZERO stars I would.
BandH obviously doesnt understand what a customer service is!!!!!

Not reliable after all!!!!
Ran out of room on my hard drive the other day so needed to buy another.
I ordered a hard drive from another store online third party seller and they screwed up sending the wrong drive. So I went on the BandH site early in the morning on the day they were open (not on the holiday) and the delivery date was April 29th. So I ordered from BandH on promise that it is going to be delivered on 29th. But after I got shipping confirmation late next day I found out I am going to receive this drive on the 30th. Except I am not going to be there on the 30th because I am going to be on the shoot and after I come back I would have to do a lot of work processing the pictures. But since my hard drive is full I would have to first install new hard drive, so more likely I am going to be late with the photos.
And no local store has this drive.
After I contacted BandH I got snark response that all premium orders were shipped on the same day and all others were shipped the next day.
Here is the problem with that: how am I supposed to know what was my order premium or "others"? And why would I care after all? All I know it is supposed to be here on 29th!!!!!
I could have done all the work on my computer on the day I was not busy if BandH delivered on the promise but they didnt!!!!!! Shame on you BandH!!!!!

modified review This review was modified by EugenePowers on April 28 2014 04:41:23 PM

"Great value and superfast delivery just two days. Better priced then Tesco for same product. "

"excellent seller, i have always gotten timely and efficient delivery and service"

"Been ordering various equipment from B&;H since 2011. Never had a single problem. Fast shipping and trustworthy service as far as Im concerned. "

modified review This review was modified by SteadyCreek on April 13 2014 07:17:19 PM

"Great company to do business with. Great service and outstanding delivery. 100% satisfied with them."

"http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ has very bad service and customner service. I have order for the last time. Received last order missing one item and they wanted to open a claim and research why the item was not packed rather than shipping the item that they charged me for. i am still on the phone with customer service for 1.2 hours and 5 people.
also shipped the wrong adapter.
do not buy from BandH.

"I have bought a Canon camera with accessories as well as a Canon inkjet printer from B&H. I can say that both times we're very good experiences. B&H offers extremely competitive prices, the website itself is designed very well. Customer service has been excellent and many times they offer free shipping. I would have no issue recommending B&H to any friend or family."

"Always comes through. Orders have always come on time and never had any problems. "

"Refurbished camera failed after approximately 6 months."

"The Nero 2014 Platinum which I bought from was a good software program at a cheaper price than on other websites. The offer that I got for the product helped me save money and have a good product as well at the same time. All thanks to journeyed and their good collection of products."

"Placed an order on a Canon 6D. It was advertised to have 2% reward if placed via Google wallet android app, plus 2% from Google wallet itself. I jumped all hoops to create account, install app and place an order. Guess what - BH refused reward under fake reasons (and, btw, Google didnt give me anything too). At the same time, I placed another order with Adorama, got shipped it same day, and got my rewards as promised. Conclusion? Do not trust BH, go Adorama or other trustful merchant. This was my last purchase from BH - I am not going to shop in a place with such greedy and cheap attitude."

modified review This review was modified by kanonka on February 25 2014 08:49:02 AM

"they made re-ordering and the resulting financial transaction required when I mis-ordered the first time easy and and pleasant."

"I purchased a used item from B&H for the first time. The used UV filter shipped without a case, but was wrapped in plastic and bubble wrap. It was rated a 9 on B&H's condition scale, but it was pretty much like-new. I just had to clean the glass a bit.

My order was shipped the next day, and even with free shipping it only took 3 days for my order to reach the Chicago area.

I did not have to do any returns or exchanges for this order, but in the past I have found B&H customer support very helpful and the return/exchange processes have been easy and accommodating.

"Everything was as advertised. I'd buy again from B&H Photo again."

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is not a merchant member
B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!