Amsterdam PrinCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.08/10 7.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.07/10 7.07/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10

"I placed orders with Amsterdam every few years, and was always happy with their pens. However, many months after we ordered a batch in 2008 all the comments we received from clients were negative. They said the pens either wrote sporadically, or wouldn’t write at all. We tested many that we had left and confirmed they were bad. So (my mistake), on the storage shelf they went.

When a client recently asked whatever happened with the bad pens, I made the effort to find the invoice and call Amsterdam. I suppose I should have realized there would be a caveat attached to their “100% Satisfaction Guarantee”, but one year expirations for pens that are handed out aren’t much better than no guarantee at all.

In any case, I asked for 350 replacement refills, not 421 new pens, and we’d be the ones removing and replacing the defective originals. Amsterdam’s first response was, “we’ll send you the refills for $0.29 each.” When I tried their online customer service they tried to tell me they didn’t even have refills for that pen. That was dishonest, and when I let them know that, then their response was essentially: You’re too late, take your business somewhere else. Contrary to what they have said in response to other complaints, Amsterdam will NOT do whatever it takes to satisfy customers. I just wanted what I paid for but never received. Too bad - $682 down the drain!

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-02-2013

amsterdamprinting, Amsterdam Printing Compan rep has responded

“Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review regarding your experience with Amsterdam. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.

The lack of satisfaction you experienced is unusual and not the standard
for Amsterdam. After researching this issue, the pen you are referring to has been discontinued. There are no refills available for which that information was incorrectly supplied. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident has caused.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will
give us another chance to serve you.”

"Our company bought 300 pens and over 3/4 of the pens have NO INK!!!! We are a little family construction business trying to stay afloat at this time. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!! Thanks for nothing!!!!! Paid Over $300.00
We will start buying our products else where.
To Respond to Your Response: The pens that I bought from you in 2007 have as much ink in them as the samples you send in the mail!!!!!! I have pens that are MUCH older and work!!!
BAD EXCUSE!!!!! NO EXCUSE!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!! BYE!!!!

modified review This review was modified by aguilar7sons on February 13 2013 12:05:10 PM
modified review Rep reply posted Feb-13-2013

amsterdamprinting, Amsterdam Printing Compan rep has responded

“We see that this order was placed and fulfilled back in 2007. Sometimes pen ink does dry up when the pen hasn't been used in several years. We are sorry this occurred with your order. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help in the future.”

"Although we were short on time, the Amsterdam Printing team not only did a great job but turned the order around quickly so we were able to distribute the new year calendars to our client families before January first. Happy new year!"

"I have ordered from Amsterdam many times and shame on me for not reviewing them earlier. I ALWAYS received great service and great value from Amsterdam. I particularly like to order their pens, which I did earlier this month again. They came exactly as I had wanted and at a excellent sale price. I will continue to order from them in the future. "

"I am so pleased with my recent pen order. I ordered the blue pen with white letters. It looks great.
The pen quality is excellent. I would definitely use this company and product again.

"I ordered online my 2013 Monthly Calendars to my clients for busimess promotion purposes. Amsterdam informed me that they were out of stock on the calendar that I ordered and they did an excellent job in finding a similar calendar. I was pleased with this. I receive the calendars very quickly and I was shorted one calendar. I guess someone can not count very well. I guess they are making up for those years that I received extra calendars with my order. I was surprised that I still had to pay for the invoice on line at a later date when in fact I paid with my credit card during my online order."

"I LOVE Amsterdam Printing. Each year we buy gifts for volunteers who work with animals at our shelter and the items to choose from are diverse, always good quality at very reasonable prices. The shipping is unbelievably fast as well.

-Cindy Smith
Contra Costa County Animal Services
Martinez, California

"Quality products, great prices, excellent customer service and fast shipping. What more could you ask for?"

"I have ordered from them on two occasions. The first order went smoothly and everything worked out fine. I then decided to reorder in a higher quantity. I made it clear over the phone I needed the shipment to arrive by a certain date because we needed the materials for an overseas tradeshow. The shipment didn't arrive on time and we weren't able to bring anything to our show overseas. Amsterdam "unconditionally guarantees the products and services we offer. We will take whatever steps necessary to correct the problem." I requested that they pay for the shipping to get it to our show but we were denied. They did, however credit the cost of shipping in the states. Unfortunately, it did nothing to solve our problem."

"Excellent product and very quick service!"

"Amsterdam Printing is a great company to order material from. The ordering process as well as the shipping process is quick and easy. I will forsure order again from them."

"Amsterdam's customer service was outstanding. They bent over backwards to get me what I needed at a great price. Thank you Jackie Popiel!"

"This was our first order from Amsterdam. The communication was great. The printing information was provided prior to the order being done. The product was exactly as ordered and anticipated. What a great company!"

"We've ordered from Amsterdam Printing in the past and have had great results. We are pleased with the quality of pens that we've received in this shipment and have great reviews from our employees and customers. We recently handed a bunch out to attendees at a convention and many of them have said great things about the pens."

"I have ordered a lot of items from Amersterdam, it comes very quickly and never had a problem. Thier pricing is good too!"

Amsterdam Printing Company is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Amsterdam Printing Company is a merchant member
Amsterdam Printing Company participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,865 merchant members.