• Address: 1701 E. Edinger Ave Suite B1 Santa Ana, CA 92705
    • Business Hours: M-F 9AM to 6PM
    • Fax: 714-547-7600

• 1
  • 2

"Incompetent. Unreliable. Website is NOT upto date.
SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSISNESS.
A complete waste of your time and money.

-Ordered a SPECIFIC Hard drive.
-Tried to track my order the next day. It was to be delivered next day.
-No tracking info on website, so I called and left a message.
-No calls returned.
-Received e-mail 4 days later stating they were out of stock.
-Called Alina Micro to discuss. Stated they WILL send my order out. All of a sudden they had it?
-Called to make sure the part was sent out.
-Checked on website for tracking info. None found again!
-Called Alina Micro again to track.
-Received an item that was NOT WHAT I ORDERED!!!!
-Called Alina Micro to discuss. Only help they gave was to give an RMA number.-BUT how about the time I wasted with these inexperienced people!!!!

How hard can it be to say you don't have it!!!! I gave a SPECIFIC Mfg.# and they sent me an item made by a totally different company. Are they STUPID?

"This company should not be operating the way they do.

I bought a DVDrom drive and it arrived faulty, After about 3 days of constant phoning and leaving messages on there stupid phone system I eventually got a call back.

They arranged for UPS to pick up the item and sure enough it was picked up the following day.

About a week later i tried to call again no answer just answerphones. I leave messages all week and get no reply. Another week passes and I get through to the most rude RMA dept I have ever encountered. He tells me UPS lost the package, and also tells me he will phone me back the same day to see what he can do.

The day after still no phone call. I try to phone back again the answerphone I leave a message everyday for a week asking them to get back to me.

A week later someone phones and tells me they will sort it out today. No call back again, that afternoon a package arrives from UPS its the broken drive all packed up and shipped back to me from Alaniamicro. I telephone them dont get through for 2 days again. Eventually i get through the guy can offer me no explanation why I have got the broken drive again. He asks me to send it back which I have done. Im still waiting for a replacement 7 weeks later THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Purchased a Seagate 40 GB 5400 RPM IDE Hard Drive. What arrived was a Quantum 40 GB 4500 RPM Hard Drive. When I called I was told to ship the item back. My card was credited for the Item and shipping in both directions within 3 days. "

"This company was great. On time delivery and good well packaged product... Thanks Mani"

Mesa, AZ

"Alina Micro has the most unforgiving return policy I've ever seen. No cash refunds. High restocking fees. No refunds on S&H. Yet I bought a 160GB FIREWIRE EXTERNAL DRIVE there because they had the best price.

Unfortunately, there has been and probably will be (for a while, anyway) a formatted capacity limit of 128 GB. The is due to the current inability of the Oxford 911 Firewire bridge to handle more than 128 GB capacity.

Because of this, the 160 GB FW drives are basically useless because the driver update should be released "anytime now". At which time you'll have to reformat the HD. Well, after about a month with no luck (from Alina Micro, Maxtor or anyone else) finding out when the driver update might be released, I asked for a refund.

I was surprised when Alina Micro offered to have UPS pick it up at my house. But then they back-peddled and made me ship it back at my expense because "nothing is wrong with the drive".

They also said that they would refund my credit card within a day or two after receipt of the drive. But after 5 working days with no refund, I sent them an e-mail. My credit card was refunded the next day for the amount of the drive ($334).

So in the end, it cost me about $20 because they didn't have a warning at their website about the 128 GB limit. They still (April 3) don't, even though they knew this based on my conversation with them on March 19, 2002.

PS - About half the time, I would get no replies to my e-mails. Even when I made it my standard policy to include all three e-mail addresses (on their website).

Alina Micro is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Alina Micro is not a merchant member
Alina Micro does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!