AdoramaCoupons
  • Adorama Adorama Elite Status

• Address: 42 West 18th St.
    • Contact: service@adorama.com
    • Phone: 212-741-0401
    • Customer Support: 800 8150702
    • Business Hours: Sunday 9:30am-5pm, Mon-Thur 9:00am-8pm, and Fridays 9:00am-5pm
    • Fax: 212-463-7223

• checkmark icon COD

Product & services pricing Rating 7.30/10 7.30/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.90/10 5.90/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.55/10 6.55/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.11/10 5.11/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.33/10 4.33/10

What is this?

"Shipping was prompt. Product was just what I wanted.

"Product selection is great and shipping is fast, but customer service is terrible. It took 3 emails, and after that failed, a half hour on the phone to get a person to understand which piece of my order was missing. It was very frustrating being phone transferred halfway around the globe and having to re-explain my entire situation to every new person my call was sent to. Be advised: If you call Adorama's customer service line, you are connected to a call center in the middle east somewhere. Nobody I talked to had any working knowledge of the product I purchased. In fact, in order to get the customer service person to understand, I had to have him do a google image search so I could "show" him which piece was missing. It turns out the piece missing from my order is unavailable to adorama as well due to availability from the manufacturer. The missing piece is the actual connection from the battery charger to the wall outlet. Without it, I cannot charge the battery. This should not have become such a big deal. It is a very minor issue. This is a $15 item. I can probably get a power cord to work in the charger, but I would much prefer to have the factory-made power connection. If the shipping department knew the piece was missing, there should have been a message sent to me indicating this--email, phone call, even a sticky note in the box would have been better than just leaving a piece out and hoping nobody would notice.
#update...After contact with Adorama's customer service department in NY, the missing part has been shipped (delivery pending). In addition, they refunded $15 of my purchase as a show of good faith. I accepted the refund and their apology as a genuine attempt properly service their customers. I also upgraded the star ratings below based SOLELY on the people I had contact with at the NY store.

"I have ordered several items from Adorama and have always received them on time and in good order when I opened the boxes."

"Great service. Fast shipping and well packaged. Everything came in perfect condition. "

"On the advice of my computer guru, I ordered the Asus Notebook. Service was faster than I expected."

"Not one email about the purchase I made from them after I ordered the product. I didn't get an email with a tracking number and when I went back to the site/my acct, the order did not show up. I am returning the product as well because it does not hold my 17" Asus laptop as it is stated that it is for 17" laptops. Once this transaction of returning this product is completed and my money has been refunded I will never deal with this site/business again. There is no changing my mind on this so don't even waste the time or effort to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I've only started shooting with it, and I haven't checked the shutter-count, but it appears everything works properly, it's all clean, no wear on the buttons or anything. I'm very happy with my refurbished camera.

I'm glad I was able to place my order on the website without having to create an account, too. Thank you.

"Order arrived quickly and in good condition. Camera is in great shape and I can't wait to take it into the field!"

"Fantastic delivery as promised and very well packed. "

"My item was delivered as expected and adequately packed. The physical condition of my "used" item was exactly what I'd hoped for, and it appears to work very well, though I'm still testing it."

"Nikon D810 camera body came well packed. Included 'free' accessories bundled by were better quality and more useful than those provided by their primary competitor. I was surprised by major delay in shipping of about 10 days due to a religious holiday. I did not see a warning of this delay when I placed the order, but this may have been because I reached the site using a password manager that could have bypassed triggering a pop-up on the main page. If so there should still probably be a warning of a 10 day delay at check-out also. I have used Adorama off and on for over 20 years without any other problems."

"Adorama sells quality products at reasonable prices and provides excellent customer service."

"Easy ordering, quick delivery and product is exactly as listed!"

"Not at all what I expected, very over priced, I returned the item and still haven't received my refund of almost $1600.00 or heard back from anyone and buyers beware they don't refund your "free" shipping which costs almost $50.00 and I haven't heard back from the almost 15 phone calls I've made and left messages for. "

"Shipped out fast, great selection and prices. "

Share Adorama's store rating

Adorama is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Adorama is a merchant member
Adorama participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,853 merchant members.