Stores > Adorama

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.70/10 8.70/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.59/10 8.59/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.04/10 8.04/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.16/10 8.16/10
Voice your opinion! Review Adorama by clicking a star below.

2017-10-05

A Great Place To Buy

"Their people want to serve their customers. With me they went the extra mile. They are competitive so when pressed they will try to beat competitors prices. "

2017-10-04

Good value

"Adorama made purchasing my Fujifilm TX-20 kit very easy and included more extras then other retailers for the same price"

2017-10-02

This merchant did not honor their promise and shipped me the incomplete package "as is" anyway

"When I shopped for my camera package online, Nikon D500, I discovered that this merchant’s website listed two MB-D17 multi power battery packs for free when most other websites just included one for free. When I called and reported my discovery to the merchant, Mr. Kurt confirmed that it was an error on their website. He said that since I was the first customer reporting the error, they would honor the error and offer me the second battery pack for free.

I was very happy to accept this offer and then I was transferred to Camil, a sales girl, to place my order. After Camil double checked with her managers, she told me that the offer has been proven. When I placed my order with her over the phone, both Camil and I understood that the second battery pack would be free of charge: it was their reward to thank me for being the first customer to report the error on their website.

When their Warehouse became aware that it would be too expensive to honor the cost of the second battery pack for free, they didn't even try to contact me to explain why they could no longer honor my order. Instead, they tried to profit off of their error by sending me an invoice charging me an extra $449.95 for the second battery pack. When I called back to complain, a customer service guy told me that it was a typo, and he sent me another invoice. The newer invoice didn't charge me anything for the second battery pack, but I found that there was a fine print stating "Above line has been canceled" listed underneath.

Since we had very different points of view about the extra battery pack, I suspended my order of the package on May 25 and submitted my review to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) website on June 2. When a customer submits a complaint to the BBB website, the business will be asked to respond within 14 days. That’s why I didn’t cancel my order right away: I wanted to give the merchant a second chance to reconsider my original order that had already been approved by their managers.

So on the afternoon of June 14, I was shocked when I received a package shipped from the merchant. I signed the package upon receipt because I thought that after 20 days of consideration the merchant had changed their mind about honoring their promise. However, when I opened the package, I was very confused because the extra battery pack was still missing. I emailed the merchant on the next day, June 15, to ask why they sent me the same incomplete package that I had already suspended 20 days ago. They answered “since I did not cancel this order, so it shipped as is”.

I suspect the merchant designed a perfect plan to respond to my review on the BBB website. I placed my order on May 25, but the merchandise did not ship until June 9. The package arrived at my home on June 14, and they posted their response to the BBB website on June 15. Their time frame control was perfect because the deadline for them to respond was June 16. That is likely the main reason why the merchant insisted on sending me the incomplete package "as is" anyway on June 9. The merchant not only refused to honor their promise, but they also did not allow me to leave a bad review on the BBB website.

I do not want to be forced to accept an incomplete package "as is" because I not only suspended that package order since day one, but I also submitted my bad experience to the BBB website on June 2. I believe that I have already expressed my refusal clearly enough and there was no room for any misunderstanding between us.

This merchant is not a good company to do online business with. They have lots of errors on their website. When you place your order, what you see is not what you will get. Even if the order has been proved by the manager, they can still deny, modify, charge extra, or cancel the item that was listed on your original invoice. They don't care their reputation and they will do anything they want to protect themselves. You don't have any peace of mind when doing business with them. You don't even know who can be trusted: one manager can deny the promise made by another manager. This merchant cannot be trusted and I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Rep reply posted Oct-02-2017

A rep from Adorama, adorama, has responded

“Thank you for your order and feedback. We sincerely regret your dissatisfaction.

Our INKD500KG KIT was listed with a free INKMBD17 - NIKON MB-D17 MULTI-PWR BT PK F/D500 (INet: 369.00) but this INKMBD17 was accidentally on the web listed 2x
This was an error on our website which had been corrected

Gwo Jong placed his order over the phone Ord# 19300360-01 Date 05/25/17. for the INKD500KG 2396.95.
Our customer service representative thought that being that it was listed online that way, they can give it to him and advised him that they would, only to find out that they can’t.
We did add the 2nd NIKON MB-D17 but that does come up for $449.95.
We sent him a copy of his order total $2846.90.
He then said that his order should only be 2396.95 so we then removed the extra NIKON for 449.95 and sent him an updated copy.
We had an error on our website only (not in our system) that's why his order for the INKD500KG did not come up with the extra NIKON MB-D17. This was a web error and we cannot honor it as we have numerously explained to him.

I’m sorry but we can’t honor it.
The INKD500K alone sells for INet: 2396.95
But Adorama made a package KIT SKU# INKD500KG and we included INKD500K with many free times for the same price INet: 2396.95.
These are the free items which we included and their selling prices:
INKMBD17 INet: 369.00
GBSLBK INet: 19.95
ILXSD3P216GB Sell: 7.95
PROXCPK1 INet: 14.95
PRO72KIT Sell: 35.95
PC51388ND Sell: 199.00 GBSMWS10 Sell: 9.95
We included $656.75 worth of free items.
But he still wants another NIKON MB-D17 which sells for $449.95 to be included as well.
He knows quite well that this is was a mistake (a web listing error) but he wants it anyway.

As a courtesy, for all the back and forth and our error thinking we could include it for him, which was incorrect, we offered him a $50.00 GC (instead of the normal $25 GC)
I even offered it to him even if he does not keep this order.
If he does go ahead with this order, I offered his instead of the $50.00 GC, a $50.00 refund.
He finally said OK
But when I asked him to reply to my email so I can process this, he said he would think about it.
All this transpired before his order shipped (last communication was on 5/29/17) allowing him a chance to cancel it if he did not accept it as is.

He never replied and he never canceled it. He just chose to complain to the BBB instead.
Being that he never canceled the order, it was processed and shipped as is on 06/09/17, 10 days later.

2017-10-02

""

2017-10-01

Used Canon 10-22 lens

"I have purchased from Adorama for years and always had great products and service. However, this time I believe an error happened. I purchased a used Canon 10-22 lens and used on 2 cameras the resolution was very poor on a lens with an E+ rating. I have asked to return the lens. I was surprised also that it arrived with very little popcorn packaging, (one thin layer), although in the Canon OEM box. It appeared to be in the condition described on the outside, but every image was just not sharp in any sense of the imagination. I'm sure it was just one that got away. I look forward to dealing with Adorama in the future and this experience has not changed my mind as to the quality and service of Adorama. "

2017-09-29

Customer Service

"Order offered free shipping but dropdown menu did not show free shipping. Placed the order and requested shipping charge reversed. Customer Service took care of it over night! Impressed."

Quick shipment of new MacBook Pro

"the transaction went smoothly: I received what I ordered, as quickly as promised."

2017-09-27

Problem with Customer Service before purchase/Made up for problem after purchase.

"I wrote 2 e-mails to sales at Adorama requesting suggestions about which digital projector to purchase. Each went unanswered over a period of several weeks. I finally got the information from another outfit and placed the order with Adorama. After giving Customer Service a negative review, I heard from them and was told that my e-mail inadvertently went to spam and my e-mail was blocked thereafter. They weren't sure why that happened, unblocked my e-mail, and offered me a gift certificate by why of apology. My rating went up after their response. I would give them 4 stars for their response but 2 stars for their system automatically throwing a valid e-mail into spam without a live person to review those. That should be looked into and fixed. So a 3 star review it is. "

Just what I needed

"Mann this is so awesome and very powerful it really get the job done"

BUYER BEWARE

"I bought a "used" drone a over a month ago that was advertised as "excellent condition". The drone it's self was in very good shape. No scratches or marks on the body at all. So i thought I got a good deal. Then I started using it and recording video. While playing back the video I noticed that it would pause the frame and then jump forward a few seconds. At first I thought maybe it's my computer that has the issue. Tested the video on other computers and found the same issue. So maybe it's my SD card, replaced that, same issue. Sent it in to a repair shop and found that the video recorder on the drone has issues and would cost about $400 just to find the issue. My good deal turned into a money pit. BUYER BEWARE "

Very Satisfied Coustomer

"I was very impressed and happy with the whole experience. I had a few questions prior to my ordering, spoke with Steve C. who was able to answer all my questions. I bought a Tamaron 70-200mm F 2.8 lens that was refurbished from the factory. At first I had my doubts about buying a reconditioned lens, but Steve explained to me that in some ways a refurbished one might be better than a new one in that the refurbished one is actually checked out by a Tech from the factory, where a new one goes through the assembly line and lenses are only pick at random to be personally checked. I ordered the Lens and a filter, and was told I should have it in 3 days. (I ordered early in AM) I received my order the next day. I have tried the lens and I am completely happy with its looks, and operation, and the quality of the pictures. I would not hesitate to recommend Adorama for all your camera needs.
I have since made a second order yesterday, and checking delivery date this morning. I see the items are on a local delivery truck to be delivered today. Great service.

2017-09-26

Great

"Customer service was very helpful"

2017-09-26

fast service

"fast service great communication let me know when my package would arrive "

2017-09-25

Website system broken

"System put same address for receiver and billing address causing one week delay even though form clearly stated (and was filled out correctly) that the item was to be shipped to an address other than that of the billing address."

2017-09-23

Satisfied in Bama

"Quick, easy and economical. "

Share Adorama's store rating

Adorama is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Adorama is a merchant member
Adorama participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,441 merchant members.