AdoramaCoupons

• Address: 42 West 18th St.
    • Contact: service@adorama.com
    • Phone: 212-741-0401
    • Customer Support: 800 8150702
    • Business Hours: Sunday 9:30am-5pm, Mon-Thur 9:00am-8pm, and Fridays 9:00am-5pm
    • Fax: 212-463-7223

• checkmark icon COD

Product & services pricing Rating 8.14/10 8.14/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.84/10 8.84/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.53/10 8.53/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10

What is this?

"I really wanted to like Adorama, but I can't recommend them at all. I have had issues with both of my previous orders through Adorama and the attitude of the owner, Helen, along with the rest of the customer service staff, has been very impersonal and frustrating. My most recent attempt to do business with them revolved around a large camera bundle purchase, where I dropped more than $1200 in a single order. Two days later, they cancelled my entire order out from under me, saying that one of the items in the bundle was not included and that its inclusion was “typo”, even though it was clearly listed in 3 separate places: the title, the description and under the "what's included" breakdown on the product page. I expressed to the owner, Helen, that I was still interested in purchasing the items that SHOULD have been included in the bundle. We had several emails back and forth and I even provided links to competitors’ identical items at HER request, but in the end, she refused to offer any sort of concession and dealing with her proved to be a large waste of time and equally frustrating. Ultimately, Adorama’s official stance is that they don't have to honor ANY order and do not consider items as officially “ordered” until they ship. They flat out told me I was out of luck with the bundle deal, but, of course, did not hesitate to offer me a chance to buy all of the items at full price instead. Unfortunately for me, they still have an authorization hold on my bank account for more than $1200, preventing me from making a purchase elsewhere, even though the order has officially been cancelled by them. Additionally, because I trusted Adorama as an authorized retailer and made this purchase online, I passed up a local deal for the same items, leaving me empty handed and with no way to get them in the timeframe I was hoping for. Dealing with Adorama has been a huge headache, caused unnecessary delays and I am now being forced to take my business elsewhere. Well, as soon as I get all my money back. As an avid photographer who uses Pentax DSLRs exclusively, I have found authorized Pentax retailers to be few and far between. It’s very sad to see one of the few authorized retailers out there, especially one with such a well-known name and large internet presence as Adorama, to be so willing to treat customers so carelessly. Some say "third time's a charm", but I'm not willing to take another risk on Adorama after 2 troubled transactions and such a blatant lack of concern for customers. If I can make a single recommendation: GO ELSEWHERE! "

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-19-2014

adorama, Adorama rep has responded

“Thank you for your order and feedback. We understand your frustration and dissatisfaction, While we make every effort to provide you with an error-free Web site, errors do happen. In the event there is a misprint, we reserve the right, as per our terms and conditions - which you will no doubt have read carefully before placing your order - to correct copy or pricing to reflect the actual current status. As you are aware, the additional lens was valued at $500. I find it amazing how some people will try to take advantage of what was an obvious error. I also noted you claim you have ordered from us before. However our records indicate this was your first order with us.

Also, Adorama does not charge a customers credit card until an item actually ships. Online sales differ from purchases made Brick and mortar stores, in that our contract to supply an item is not complete until we send a customer an e-mail confirming that an item has been shipped.

There are a number of excellent retailers who offer equally competitive terms and comprehensive inventories, so we understand fully that our apology alone will not restore your faith in Adorama or make up for any inconvenience this caused.

Sincerely,

Jerry Greenbaum

Adorama, Inc.”

"Free shipping was fairly slow (UPS Ground) but everything was in good order, well packaged, and working perfectly."

"Adorama has always been very prompt and professional. I'm a very satisfied customer again."

"Excellent prices. Great selection. Wonderful website. Shipped and arrived quickly."

Atlanta, Georgia

"Wow, the laptop came in an amazing condition. Boxed nicely and filled with air pockets. It's working nicely and no problems. I am considering sticking with Adorama for my future purchases."

"Items arrived as described; well packaged and delivery time within stated time frame. Thanks "

"Very positive! Used camera lens works great!! Delivered promptly. Won't hesitate to buy from Adorama again. "

"Ordered a MacBook Air on Sunday, expected delivery (free shipping) to be 7-10 working days, received it on Wednesday - can't beat that! Product arrived as advertised, good price, great service - but I've seen that before from Adorama."

"I bought a camera for $699 + a spare battery. Ordering was easy. Price was as good as anyplace on the internet plus they included a free hand grip that sells for $80 and a Sandisk Memory Vault that sells for $20. There was no pressure to buy anything else. The order shipped on time and arrived exactly when it was supposed to. I couldn't be happier."

"The shipment is very fast, and the laptop also looks great."

"I ordered on Friday and had both of my printers on Monday! Thanks very much, Adorama! "

"Really great service and am happy. Ontime delivery. Thanks!"

"Very Satisfied! Delivered as expected."

"My experience with Adorama was really good. Legible online store, friendly staff and on time delivery.
I will to do more business

"Got a damaged item with very careless packing and delivery. Adorama has assured claim processing but it would take about 6 business day!!! Later on Adorama made a good gesture by offering a $25 voucher for future purchases for the inconvenience caused. The refund process went fine with Adorama following up on the item pickup and processing the claim as quick as possible."

Adorama is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Adorama is a merchant member
Adorama participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,857 merchant members.