• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.68/10 8.68/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.08/10 7.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.85/10 7.85/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.32/10 7.32/10

"After some initial confusion ordering online, Frank handled my account and cleared everything up.
Thanks Frank.

"Shopping at Abes of Maine was not a good online shopping experience. Shipping took almost 2 weeks and I could not check tracking as I was not sent the correct shipping tracking info. They have managed to send 5 emails with promo deals to buy from them again. Called and customer service did help with that problem and gave me the correct tracking info. Customer service did their best to make things right. They upped my protection plan, I'm not sure how good that is as I have not received that info as of yet. If I got a really great price I would buy again but I would shop real hard first.

"Recently, I moved into a new house and purchased an LG 47LS4600 47” HDTV for my family room. In the past, I purchased other brands of televisions, but prefer LG because I like the quality I can get for the price. I decided to buy my LG HDTV from Abe’s of Maine because every thing went well each time that I shopped on their website for electronics in the past. I like their prices, free shipping, and delivery times. In fact, a few months ago, I got a nice deal on a Nikon camera for my upcoming trip to Rome.

It makes me feel an extra level of comfort knowing that Abe’s has been in business for a long time. They have been around much longer than a lot of other companies that sell electronics, particularly online. They have really good customer service too. Whenever I call them, they have always been attentive and courteous. I feel confident that they definitely care about me as their customer. Good customer service when purchasing electronics online is an absolute ‘must’ for me.

Anyway, Abe’s did a great job of shipping the television and it arrived on time, as promised, in top condition. My family loves our new LG HDTV and it is a perfect size for our family room. The picture is sharp with great detail and the sound is crystal clear. I was able to depend on Abe’s to come through for me once again. I will definitely recommend Abe’s to other shoppers. I just told my brother and his wife about Abe’s when they came over to visit and saw our new LG HDTV. Now, they’re saying that they are going to buy one from Abe’s for their house!

"After much research, we chose Abe's of Maine to purchase our 65-inch Samsung LED TV based on the rock-bottom price. We went into the transaction knowing about the upsell call (previously mentioned by several reviewers) and hidden insurance charges.

In short, we received our new TV in exactly one week from the date of the order, in perfect condition, exactly as represented. We chose to upgrade to the "white glove" service but haggled for $200 in restaurant cards (which are completely useless, BTW). I simply felt more comfortable with the idea of our new TV being delivered by dedicated truck, and the additional cost was worth it to me. However, as previous reviews have mentioned, their "white glove" service is really just plugging the thing in to make sure it's not broken, so don't expect much more for your money. We did get the TV faster than if we had chosen standard freight, so that was a plus.

In any event, we still saved over $700 vs what we would have paid locally. The availability and selection from Abe's was better than what I could have found in my area. Overall, I am pleased with the purchase and would consider Abe's of Maine for similar future purchases.

"BUYER BEWARE!!! Purchased a TV from Abe's of Maine. Next day got an email to call them. They said there were extra Freight Charges in the fine print that was not in the final check out amount. For me it amounted to over $100! To get the TV I already paid for, I had to approve the payment of additional charges over the phone and subsequent to check out. In talking with Abe's representative, it was an obvious condescending, repeated dialogue of how I should have read the fine print by clicking on the hyperlink "View detailed shipping information" where it says in the fine print "For certain large screen LED/LCD, Plasma TVs, Large Appliances, Fitness equipment, SLR cameras, Camcorders and Lenses, a separate insurance charge is mandatory. It will be calculated based on the item value, weight and dimensions. Please call today to discuss your shipping options. We look forward to serving your needs." I guess my 46" TV was "certain large scree LED/LCD". I'll repeat, they do not give you the extra amount owed until after you have checked out and paid for the item so you can not know your final cost! That's apsurd! This method of doing business is extreemly unprofessional and hurts internet sales as you become weary of all small retail internet businesses.

After writing this review, I was contacted by Frank of Abe's of Maine. He apologized for my experience and told me the policy of charging people additional costs after their initial purchase had been eliminated and that the fellow that I dealt with was no longer with the company. As a token of their appreciation for the purchase they offered me a free 2 year waranty. Although I did not get the extra money I had to spend to get the TV, I did appreciate their token of apology.

I ordered the Samsung un55f8000 from them the price was the best and shipping came in 5 days. Everything was taken out of the box for me and the TV was actually plugged in. Works great very satisfied with how fast the turnaround was and especially happy with the price.

"A Great store with an awesome selection.

Bought a 32 inch Samsung LED TV , it was everything we expected and more. I am very happy with this product, it works great and delivery was very quick. They have shipped on the same day and arrived 2 days later with the free shipping option.

I have a lot of stuff to buy from you guys. And surely I will come back to you.

Strongly recommended for any online purchase. Super fast delivery!

"I ordered a Nikon d70 from Abes of Maine. The sales rep, was particularly very helpful. I called back for a tracking info and found out that there was a confusion with my order. It was resolved immediately, and I was called back in 10 minutes. The product arrived on time and was packed professionally. Love my new camera and I will definitely be shopping with them again."

"I recently ordered the Nikon d5200, the USA warranty and all promised accessories and a brand new factory sealed camera was delivered to me in perfect condition.

"I have to say that this store had the cheapest prices for my recent camcorder purchase. I placed my order and received the shipment by early the following week!

They were extremely quick and turning and shipping the product. The only downfall is that I had to pay for shipping. It seems like several on-line stores cover the shipping charges for high priced merchandise, however Abe's of Maine didn't.

Overall this is a great store. It had the item that I was looking for and at a great price. With the exception of the shipping charges, I am extremely pleased with their service. Nothing comes for free...

"This was my second order from Abe's of Maine, and although I had a very good experience with the first order, I was a little concerned ordering an 70inch TV from any on-line merchant. There was no need for concern. The TV arrived in only 4 days with no problems at all."

"I recently ordered a canon eos 5D Very friendly. Fast service. Product arrived sooner than expected. Great experience. The staff answered all questions thoroughly. I really enjoyed doing business with them. "

"Abes of Maine was terrific, I dealt with a gentleman named David who was awesome. From the time I called until the time my order arrived Abes was great. Pricing was fantastic and service exemplary...a wonderful experience, I would shop there again I was helped on a 65 inch samsung tv i got the lowest price on the web.

"FAST AND EXCELLENT SERVICE! I ordered the Powershot G16 on a Sunday, the product shipped on Monday and I received it on Tuesday. I was very impressed with the fast processing and service. The product was NEW in manufacturer’s box with US Warranty. My father was so impressed that he took back his recent purchase from local store, bought the same camera from Abes, and received it the following day after ordering. We were both very impressed with the price, service, and delivery. "

"The Sony cyber-shot dsc-rx100is the desired purchase, and after doing some searching locally and on the web I found Abe's to have one of the best prices, and be the lowest priced Internet retailer with consistent years in the business (35 years), and actually have an inventory of cameras .

Prices:
The Sony cyber-shot dsc-rx100sold in the USA comes in both US and international versions. Only the US version is supported by warranty. Several on-line retailers sell the international version which is less expensive, but lacks warranty and attachments that come with the US version. Abe's sells the US version of the Sony cyber-shot dsc-rx100camera, this is the first positive experience. Next, at the local Fry's/Circuit City in San Diego, the price for the Sony rx100 in December 2013 is $650.00. The lowest price that I found on the web for the USA version was $584.00. Abe's price is $487.00.

Where Abe's exceeds its competition, is product availability. I called 9 other online retailers. 3 made me hold, and after a few minutes someone disconnected my call. Others did not have the camera in stock (even if the web site claims it is in stock), the Sony camera was the foreign version or in one case, I was ready to order the camera, the person put me on hold, the phone went dead, and for the next two days the phone rang fast busy.

In my call I confirmed the camera was the US version, placed my order, and replied no to "would you like the extended warranty, your current warranty is only 1 year," and "would you like any additional memory card . Nothing pushy, just inquisitive, and I did think about an extended warranty because it was an expensive camera.

After the order I was given an order number. Keep this number! Abe's has a special section to track packages. I was given the UPS tracking number, and was informed that the package was mailed he package did arrive on time, nicely cushioned. During my second call, Abe's was only helping me find my package, and Abe's made no attempt to sell me any other products.

Abe's has the lowest price on available items without high pressure sales. .

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,880 merchant members.