• Abe's of M Abe's of Maine Elite Status

• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.96/10 8.96/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.20/10 8.20/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.26/10 8.26/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.52/10 8.52/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.52/10 8.52/10

"Received outstanding customer service . This was my 1st time shopping with Abe's of Maine but definitely not my last."

"Getting to the bottom line up front - I am content with my purchase and experience with Abe's of Maine (New Jersey based) in buying mid to high spec Canon photo equipment. Now for the top line - they undeniably operate an aggressive bait and switch operation designed to lure you in with extremely good-value prices on 'import' versions of products. As I live in the United Kingdom and don't really get much out of a USA warranty, I intentionally wanted to go the import route, as it saved a small fortune over UK prices (and US). I've purchased import/grey market products before from other sellers in the US and abroad - and, with the exception of a different power plug charger, they all contained full accessories, multi-lingual manuals, lens hoods and cases. My specific purchase was a Canon L-series lens and a 70D camera body, for which I already had batteries and a UK charger. I ordered online and asked for 3 to 5 day shipping, as it met my stay in the US. 2 days later, the online website update showed no progress on the order, so I had to call customer service, where I was immediately introduced to the 'bait and switch' routine by the salesperson (who was absolutely polite and knowledgeable). He explained that Abe's strips down even the import models of their products, removing lens hoods, cases, chargers and so forth. He also said the camera body was a Japanese domestic model (physically the same, but would require computer ROM flashing to change the displays to multi-lingual/English). I'm fully comfortable with my ability to do that, but he offered me US domestic (white box) models of both the lens and camera that, whilst several hundreds of dollars more expensive than the up-front prices I'd been lured in by, were still an absolute bargain by UK (and US Amazon prices). I'd read up a good deal on Abe's reputation and was prepared for this and immediately countered with pricing at other sellers, explained my disappointment and indicated I would walk away - essentially opening up an old-fashioned bargaining situation. These sellers are on commission and have some latitude to reduce prices a little bit further - in my case I wanted guaranteed 2-day shipping at no cost (including refund of my 3 to 5 day shipping premium) and a slightly lower price on the lens. We both agreed with the final prices and my debit cards were re-charged as agreed and I had a UPS tracking invoice within 2 hours that allowed me to follow the package to my doorstep. I'm content that I was sold what I ultimately agreed to buy, but absolutely warn buyers that this is not a simple click and buy online experience. It's the opening gambit of a potentially prolonged negotiation - you can still come out of it with an excellent bargain. I can't fault Abe's for this - they are a business that has to make a profit in a highly-competitive market. Their technique is bait and switch - although I'm pretty confident they would sell the 'import' model if the customer insisted on it. I'll give this a 'try' my next purchase and simply hold the line and go with the import quoted item regardless of the 'upgrade offer'. "

"The overall impression at Abe's is great. Kevin, my sales guy immediately knew what I needed and seemed very knowledgeable. Friendly and efficient, he gets it."

"Roy called me after my order online, it was the first lense outside of the kit lens that came with my camera and I bought the import model, not knowing what that meant. Roy clearly explained the difference and I went with the USA model. Roy was very helpful and I appreciated his call. "

"Fabulous prices, with excellent customer service. Highly recommended!!!"

"I highly recommend Abe's of Maine. Quick and easy to order online. A representative of Abe's called me the very next day, asked me if I knew the difference between two different lens. He explained the good and not so good between them. He recommended the higher priced one as it has a warranty. I didn't want to spend more at this time. He then applied a coupon, it was still more than I wanted to spend,he then put me on hold came back and gave me the upgraded lens w/warranty for the same price as the cheaper model. Abe's certainly went above and beyond to make this customer very happy. I highly recommend Abe's of Maine. It's my new place to shop for sure!!"

"Excellent customer service. Roy was great to deal with. Will definitely order from them in the future. A+++++"

"As always, Abe's of Maine had the item I was looking for at the lowest price I could find on-line!

Easy to find what you are looking for, easy on-line ordering and always available to answer any questions you may have!

"Great customer service from Roy Rivers!"

"Did me a favor and got me the right product for the same price as the one I picked incorrectly."

"Excellent place to do business. They will fight to get you the best deal! Highly recommend!"

"Best prices and best customer service I've ever experienced. They called me up to double check that I hadn't made a common mistake- which I had. I'll definitely be shopping at Abe's in the future."

"Excellent service, and price. Wonderful customer experience, and super super fast shipping. 100% would buy from again."

"The customer representative I spoke to was very polite and accommodated me for free express shipping code which I had missed while placing my order."

"Very knowledgeable on the lens I am purchasing, plenty of information available. Great prices and great customer service. "

Share Abe's of Maine's store rating

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,837 merchant members.