• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.72/10 8.72/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.89/10 7.89/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.87/10 7.87/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.15/10 8.15/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.70/10 7.70/10

"Stay far away. This company is what gives internet shopping a bad rep. Try calling up their customer service. Good luck getting someone to answer the phone. Read the other reviews online about how they are notorious for empty promises, coupled with upselling when they reach you. Save your frustration. Go elsewhere. This is a bait-and-switch sham that is all smoke and mirrors. Don't be lured by the low prices. Once they have your money, you will not be contacted at all. Instead you'll be in limbo for a while and on hold for hour-long waits if you call to ask about your order. If I didn't pay by credit card, I'd be out a LOT of money (notice how they offer an extra 2% off your order on wire transfers!). Funny how they contacted me once I put in a credit card dispute and immediately shipped my item- now I'm getting harassing calls to drop the dispute. Where were they in the beginning when I just wanted to know when my order would be shipped? Go with a reputable company. It's worth it in time, money, and aggravation. "

"These guys absolutely and totally suck. They will lie about what they are selling, lie about fixing issues to keep you from cancelling orders, and then lie about how they will resolve the problem with proper manufacturer extended warranties. I now have a lens that doesn't work properly with a warranty that's only good in Japan despite the fact that they agreed to send me a US model, and they won't take it back as a return.

Do not trust them, please do not order anything from them, and BTW they've never been located in Maine.

"Jeff Stevens did a nice job handling this order. "

"I planned to cancel my order with Abe's of Maine as I had ordered an import model by mistake instead of a US model. I spoke with Joe on the phone and he corrected the mistake and is shipping me a US model without charging me anything extra.

Thanks for the great customer service and solving my problem!

"My first order with Abe's was very satisfying. My customer representative was Jeff and he did a five star job in getting my Canon lens to me in time for my trip and at a very good cost. He handled the order very well."

"Best price for Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens. Next day received shipment confirmation call from Joe (ex. 266). Free shipping, promised about 3 days to arrive to California. Excellent so far. Waiting for my item to arrive. "

"Joe at extension 266 was very helpful to me.
Thank you!!

"Kevin was very helpful. I was glad that he called to verify everything that I ordered. "

"Awesome service! Fallowed up on my order! It was easy navigating on the website to place my order. I will definitely order again."

"My initial assessment is good. Kevin at Abe's has been prompt in reviewing and verifying our order and is processing it for delivery as this review is written. He confirmed my order and its compatibility with our Canon Rebel camera"

"This company seems to be a scamming, bait-and switch operation. They advertise low prices and when we place the order, they'll call you and want to switch to a higher priced item.

I ordered a Canon t5i with 18-135mm STM and 55-250mm STM lenses. All the Canon supplied accessories are supposed to be in the package - 'brand new factory fresh'. Free shipping (5-6 business days) as well as a 2% discount with code SAVE2 at checkout. The order was placed on Order Date: 2014-12-18 23:10:13. And the total is USD801.64. On Dec 19, a customer service person called me and said I should buy another package as the one I ordered is not for US, the battery won't last, etc. etc. Basically he was trying persuade me to buy another package that costs more. Basic 'bait and switch'. I declined the offer. According the website when I placed the order, I was supposed to get a tracking #. All I received was an order confirmation and invoice/bill.

I have not received any item tracking# or the item, till Dec 27. I contacted them through their customer service contact on their website as well as sent an email enquiring about the status of my order. On Dec 28, I received an email 'Thank you for your order', a new order created and charged to my credit card without my authorization. As of Dec 30, despite multiple emails to ask about the status of my original order as welll as the new order and unauthorized charge to my CC, I have NOT received any kind of response from them.

Bait 'n' switch, unauthorized transactions, failure to honor the sales agreement, absolutely no customer service, what else you need from a merchant?!!

"I am writing this review after only placing my order yesterday, so all of my comments and ratings are based upon not having yet received the merchandise.

So far, I was treated courteously and competently by Kevin who was very helpful.

"I just dealt with Jeff Stevens to confirm an order for a Nikon lens. He was excellent in every way. I have always had great experiences with Abe's of Main (New Jersey, really), and this time was no exception."

"Jeff was very tentative and made sure I got the best deal possible for my camera lens. It is definitely one of my more positive and memorable experiences with customer service that I have had in a long time!"

"Great price on the lens I bought as a gift for a photographer I'm quite find of, coupled with friendly customer service that was very helpful and expedient. Thanks Abe's!"

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,902 merchant members.