• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.12/10 8.12/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.61/10 6.61/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.04/10 7.04/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.14/10 7.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.70/10 6.70/10

"Updated Review (8/8): I am changing this rating to 4 stars. I have to assume that this was an honest mistake, as they claim, and they have rectified the situation by giving me the price difference refunded back to me (though it still hasn't posted to my credit card). They told me that there was a problem with their supplier of the "U.S. version" that they just learned about and that they would be removing that product from their website (it is still on their website at the time of this review). However, this whole process has been somewhat distasteful. I was contacted by Frank after the original review posted and was called several times before I had time to deal with this situation. I was originally offered $100 (not even close to fair) before being bumped up to someone else, offered extended warranties, etc. until they finally agreed to refund the full difference. This was a fair outcome, in my mind. I told them I would update my review and received several calls about it before I had the time to do it. Bottom line, I ended up getting a great price on this product (though not the one I was sold) but could do without all the drama.

Original Review: I purchased a Sony VPL-HW55ES projector from the Abe's of Maine website. I was told to "call" regarding the order I just made. On the phone, the sales representative David said that I could get the "U.S. version" which includes the full Sony warranty for more money than I paid on the website. I agreed to this. I was clearly shipped a grey market item that stated "Europe Only" on the box. They have done nothing to try to rectify the situation.

"I placed my order over the phone with Morris and he was able to answer all my questions. It was a better price than I could get locally. Their online tracking was accurate. The tv was in original manufacturer packaging and the exact model I wanted. It arrived two days earlier than the shipping company predicted. I would purchase from Abe;s of Maine Again again."

"I am editing my original review where I rated Abe's of Maine a 1 star. I received a call from Frank wanting to apologize for the poor customer service and business practices. He says they had a meeting the previous night to iron out some issues with the phone reps. Bottom line, he offered a 3 year warranty for the TV I had already purchased elsewhere. I thought that was a fair gesture for editing my review.

Original Review ~ Ordered a Samsung 64" TV at a great price. We had been waiting for the price of this TV to come down. And then it happened, the bait and switch. Received a call from Morris who was confused about the order. Did we want the commercial or retail unit? The commercial unit would only have a 90 day warranty and it would not be in home service along with the fact that the (4) pairs of 3D glasses would not be included. The retail TV would have a one year warranty and be serviced in home and include the (4) pairs of 3D glasses.. After going back and forth about how dishonest their selling practices are, the "retail" TV would be $ 600 more. We had to tell him several times to cancel the order before he agreed to do so. We did purchase the TV from another seller at $ 500 less than Abe's of Maine's price. Very deceptive selling practices, stay away.

"Bait and Switch. After I ordered a TV, they called to let me know that it would be an extra $400 if I wanted the TV as described. They admit to this practice of having it lower than what they can sell it for, but justify it by saying the new price is still less than what could be found anywhere else. BEWARE."

"Joe at Abe's of Maine is the utmost professional, knowledgeable salesman I have had the pleasure working with on TV purchases. Shipping was fast and packaging was perfect, communication was excellent. I look forward to doing more business with Joe in the future. I highly recommend Joe and his company -- can't beat the price better yet, the communication and professionalism."

"Scammers. Classic Bait and Switch. High Pressure Sales. I ordered a 60" plasma TV from Abe's for $1600. The next day I got a call from Morris, who told me that I had ordered the commercial model and that what I really wanted was the retail model which he would sell me for $2100. I told him "No Thanks, just give me the one that I ordered." He refused and told me that I didn't want that one and told me there would be additional insurance charges. He told me many many things to pressure me into spending hundreds of dollars more for the item that I thought I had already purchased. He was very rude. His supervisor was nicer, and tried to give me throwaway extras like a surge protector and an hdmi cable. These guys must sell used cars, too. I cancelled my order. This place is a total scam. "

"I purchased a Canon PowerShot SX700 online, listed at $ 299.00. I received multiple voice mails and an email from Morris Katz (ext 222). He told me that this model was an international model and would not have a warranty in the U.S.A.
He tried to sell me the U.S.A model for $ 349.00. He finally agreed to match the Amazon price of $ 329.00.
I received the package yesterday and found that this was a model to be sold in Japan only.
I saw some reviews on this website and called Joe at ext 266. He promised to credit $ 30 to my credit card.
I am rating Joe's customer service at 5 star.

"Spoke with Brian, not rude but definately the old bait switch and upsell tactics you read over and over. My $1500 SSUN55F9000 . Commercial brand, no this, that etc etc. I questioned him why use the same model number? His response was, thats the way it is. So I had to hear him out, out the door with better shipping $1999, said no, $1849, no again...you won't find this TV for any lower. Told him I wanted it for the listed price of $1499. Asked to cancel order he offered one more time. Asked to cancel and give me a cancellation number... said we never charged your card there is nothing to do....YET THE WEBSITE SAYS RECEIVED (NOT CANCELLED) AND MY PAYPAL MONEY IS STILL TIED UP AS PENDING??? THANKS BRIAN!!! I will be contacting Paypal shortly and then maybe some other people to see if we can't get this taken care of.

*7/24- So I get the expected call from Frank, but i'm at work. Call back, left a message asking him to call me at work. Checked this morning and no call at work but a second call at home. Order STILL NOT CANCELLED AND FUNDS STILL TIED UP!! PP is cancelling the transaction as I had called and explained the story to them. Let's see what happens today.

Received my follow up call from Frank...nice and polite man. Gave me the reasons for all my issues and offers a $50 gift card to abe's. Just needs me to change my rating. Frank if you are reading this I am not seeing your emails and is it not a sh*^ty feeling to wait around on someones promise!! At least with me I'm not holding up your money.

I purchased a 60" Samsung on another site last night and wondered why I didn't go this route in the first place. Like another reviewer stated..fix the real problem instead of buying ratings. I'm sticking with my one star rating in hopes that others din't back down so quickly. It would take a whole lot more than a $50 gc for me to buy from these guys....ever!

" FALSE ADVERTISING! Very bad customer service! Ordered 55' HU8550 Series TV from their website for$1644.00 with free shipping, Two hours after order placed got a call from them said it's a commercial model doesn't come with full warranty,no 3d glasses etc and tried to upsell to retail model for additional $350 .Had hard time to cancel the order."

"Delays orders in order to call you and try to up sell you. Very unprofessional about it too. I was upset that they delayed my order and their response was "no, it's not delayed, they all take 48 hours". Yes, they do, because you delay them in order to try to up sell customers over the phone. 48 hours to ship an order is absolutely ridiculous for an industry as competitive as the electronics industry. No Thanks!

**UPDATE** Abes's of Maine has been calling me constantly and harassing me about this review. They have also contacted ResellerRatings and has lied to them telling them this review should not be allowed because I did not actually do business with them. This is a complete lie. It's Order #B1803078 places on July 20th at 7pm. They called me the next day around 3pm in order to up sell me. The item # was NK1635G, a Nikon Lens. These people are not just bad business folks, they are vindictive!

"This company uses deceptive business practices, including bait and switch and high-pressure sales. They post low prices on their website to get you to buy, and then call up to get you to "upgrade" to the full version of what you ordered.

2 days after I placed my order for a TV, I received a call informing me that I had ordered the "commercial" model that doesn't include the standard warranty or accessories. But for $300 I could upgrade to the "retail" model that did.

There is no indication on their website that the TV I ordered is a non-standard "commercial" model, commercial models generally have better warranties than consumer models, and the "retail" model that the rep showed me references the same exact part number and cannot be found on their website unless you search for it's specific SKU.

I now see other consumers have had the same problem recently, with Abe's calling them saying they purchased an "import" model and had to upgrade to get the full warranty. I don't know when they started employing this scam, but this is no longer a trusted retailer.

I would never order from Abe's of Maine again.

"I was looking for a nikkon d5300 camera for months. I did extensive research and landed on abes of maine. I got a wonderful sales rep name Joe at extension 266. He was very helpful and knew everything about the camera and was very respectful. I received my camera on time and with exactly what he promised. To bad their is not a 6 star button on this site. I would definitely rate them 6 stars abes maine and Joe rock. Best customer service I ever had."

"I ordered the new 65h8000 from them and everything was smooth and easy as far as price and e-mail confirmation. I did not anticipate an up sell call on accessories and warranty but even after all that the price was amazing. after that They brought the TV into the house, opened the box, and confirmed that the TV was working. The delivery men were polite and easy to coordinate with. Thank you Joe for the best price out there.

"After getting screwed by Greystone Appliance (thank god for credit cards reversing charges), I turned to Abes.

Called and spoke with Frank who was quite nice and friendly. Asked if they had a new Samsung PN60F8500 in stock. This TV goes for $2,400 + tax/S&H everywhere else. Abes advertised two versions - one for $1,600 and the other for $2,000. He quoted me $2,000 for the retail version (as opposed to the $1,600 commercial which has limitations like no speakers etc). He said they had it in stock at the store and that it was ready for pickup in NJ if I came in that afternoon. When I told him I would be coming from Brooklyn, he offered to ship it to me for free, thus also saving me on NJ sales tax ($150+). This made me wary, especially given my previous experience with Greystone but Frank said he would guarantee delivery in the next couple days (before I headed out on a vacation a week later). He tried to sell me a 3-year warranty at half price ($150) and also a few cables, both of which I declined despite being pressed somewhat to buy it. I didnt give in though he did manage to tack on another $87 for insurance costs of delivery. Was fine with it as I knew Id have trouble getting a better deal (and thought it best to give in on something lest I never get my TV). Gave him my credit card and he charged $2,087 total immediately.

Was a bit nervous but a day or two later, got a call from the shipping guys who wanted to coordinate delivery which came another 2 days later. They were very accommodating and even showed up 30 minutes early. Waited around to unbox and plug in the TV to make sure it worked (it did).

Overall, a VERY positive experience with Abes. Sure, they will try to upsell you a few things that you may/may not want but they came through and I know I got about as good a deal as possible. Recommend.

""FALSE FALSE ADVERTISING " Buyers be aware.

Same story as others. Purchased 55” Samsung TV Online, for pretty good deal. A day later got a call from Joe indicating that it’s a commercial model and only comes with 30 day warranty, does not include retail accessories or software and tried to upsell to US retail model for additional $270. The part number according to AbesOfMaine site is Part #: UN55F8000BFXZA. According to Samsung, this model comes loaded with all of the accessories. I argeued this with Frank, who refused to budge. He was happy to cancel my order.

Update: So we finally came to resolution. Instead of paying $1329 for my TV, I'm now paying $1399 with some upgrades.

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,849 merchant members.