Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 8.80/10 3,591 reviews

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
    Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,875 merchant members.
  • Abe's of Maine contact information

• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 9.22/10 9.22/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.39/10 8.39/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10

All 3,639 Customer Reviews

"No matter what I look for ( usually electronics ), I always end up back on Abe's website,I always browse the web to search for the best service and price Easy 5 star rating for both customer service and delivery, I would DEFINITELY Recommend Abe's to anyone looking for tv, BY FAR the best deal !!! J.E. Elk Grove CA special note: My Sales REP was outstanding!!! "

"I bought a , refrigerator and microwave from Abe's two years ago so I am familiar with the quality of their products and service. This time I ordered a Samsung 60 inch 8000 series, The order went well, though I was disappointed it took 6 days to received the TV. For the price it was worth it which is why I'm giving them 5 stars."

"This is the second and last time I did business with Abe's of Maine, almost a decade after the first time, which was so long ago that I forgot how poor the experience was.

I ordered a washer machine on 1/9/14 night; credit card was CHARGED right away, even before the washer was shipped. Then I got a guy's call from Abe's Maine the next day trying to hard sell me some additional services like white glove shipping, etc. I said no and wanted to cancel the order, then the guy "sweetened" the offer. Though I finally bent and accepted the offer, I really hate to deal with this kind of sales method.

2 days later I found a local store offering the same appliance with lower price and immediate inventory, so I called to canceled my order. According to their order status page, my washer wasn't shipped yet. Then the guy who picked up my call (after a long wait) said the washer machine had been shipped to the carrier and order could not be canceled, and I couldn't refuse the shipment, either, because they "do NOT take large appliance back". How unfair a policy it is for customers not having the option to return and get refund.

I hate myself not having done a better job researching their "real" ratings online. I saw it scored 7.6 out of 10 on resellerratings.com then I deemed this store was not bad. Big mistake. Now I realize a lot of the good reviews are fake and trying to give people false impression. But luckily, this is my last time dealing with Abe's of Maine, a same-old NY-based bait-and-switch shop. Avoid it at all costs.

"After doing some research online and reading reviews, I still decided to place my order with Abe's of Maine due to their attractive prices and deals. I'm glad I went with my gut--their prices really are competitive and if you're looking to save money without compromising product then this is the best place for that! So I had to spend a few minutes on the phone, no big deal. I'll take that over spending more money any day. I'll definitely be back the next time I need something, thank you! "

"website is easy to navigate and prices are competitive. selection (of canon products) is not as extensive as other websites, that's why I said good and not excellent. overall I am very happy. I will write a follow up review on the website when my items arrive. "

"I bought from this place before, I am buying again because of the low price I hope they ship quickly this time. I will update my review when I get my order."

"Ordered a sharp 80 inch from them. I ended up upgrading to white glove shipping and am very glad I did. The deliveryman called to set a convenient time that worked with my schedule. When they arrived, they brought the tv into the living room, took the tv out of the box and set it up for me. They plugged it in, even mounted it for me, and made sure everything worked before leaving. All in all I saved about $1100 with their company and received royal treatment. Thank you!"

"Great shopping experience! Thanks "

"Ive been buying From Abe's since 1986. (Yes its been that long)I recently ordered an expensive Canon Camcorder. Abe's took care of me very nicely. They threw in shipping memory cards, extra battery and hand bag accessories.

Thanks Abe's

"This is my second experience with Abe's of Maine, and I will not do business with them again.

Their approach is to have the LOWEST PRICE but only because they will hard sell you worthless add-ons and in fact you can't get the price unless you buy these. They will not ship until you call and talk to the sales department. And its all the worst used car salesmen tactics (let me put you on hold to talk with my manager and get you a better deal).

I ordered a 65" Panasonic plasma TV, and knowing their tactics, just said I didn't want the add-ons (wall-mounting rack, extended warranty). Just send me the TV. Well, the "free shipping" doesn't include insurance and they refused to ship it without insurance. How much is insurance? Oh 5% of the price of the TV, in this case more than $300. In what world is that free shipping? So I canceled my order on the spot.

Final word of warning: The add-ons seem tempting because they are things you need. However, they are low quality and worthless. My first purchase from Abes a few years ago was for a LCD projector. I purchased the protective case offered for an additional $100. The case was made of thin cardboard and I found the same one elsewhere for $14.99. They gave me trouble about returning it until I said I was calling Amex and refusing the charges on my credit card.

BEWARE Abe's of Maine.

"First off, I want to say I got a great TV at a great price. I purchased the Samsung UN55F7100. TV was shipped fast and packed well. But I will still never shop at Abe's again because of their cheap used car sales tactics. Alfred started off by being nice and friendly making sure I ordered the right TV and that billing and shipping info was correct, but then offered me standing shipping and then suggested UPS 2 day air. I declined, but then he told me I HAVE to purchased freight insurance which was like 9% I believe. I told him nowhere on the site did it mention that and he said it was on there, which was a lie. I then told him to cancel my order several times and that I refused to pay anything over the original price. He finally gave in and pretended that he had to ask his manager if he could send the TV without me purchasing the insurance and he agreed. So my advice to you is refuse the order no matter how pushy or smooth they try to be. "

"This is my first time I bought an item online, I brought Samsung 60 Inch Television, TV was delivered on time. However I had issues with trucking company, when I wrote to Abes of Maine.
Jason from Customer Service spoke to me and resolved all my concerns, They promptly called me back, and resolved the issue.
I would definitely consider them in my next online shopping.

Sincerely.
Kiran

"Abe's of Maine has an easy website to use best prices and fast shipping. thank you for helping me find the perfect gift for the holidays. i bought the sl1 camera and got a free 16gb memory card."

"jjust bought the samsung f8000, got it 3 days later very happy witht he service , tv came in perfect condition. thank you abes."

ABE'S OF MAINE has been my "go to first" internet store for years. Never, ever had a single disappointment! Always top notch service.

This time, they exceeded my expectations. Roy took my call and took an extra 20 minutes of his time figuring out a very complicated delivery plan. Thanks to some flexibility in White Glove Delivery, all worked out. If you want some "Pease of Mind"--White Glove is the way to go.