• Address: 1805 Lower road, Linden New jersey
    • Contact: abe@abesofmaine.com
    • Phone: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Customer Support: 1800-992-2237 ext 201
    • Business Hours: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thur9:00am-1:00pm FridayOut Sat and SunCell-646-431-1039
    • Fax: 732-909-2464

Product & services pricing Rating 8.20/10 8.20/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.44/10 6.44/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.16/10 7.16/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.14/10 7.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.19/10 7.19/10

"I purchased a 55 inch samsung tv with this company. I have to say I loved their service. I dealt with Joe at extension 266 who was amazing. He was very helpful and friendly.
I would positively recommend and buy again in the future.

"My complaint sounds like several others on this site.

I purchased a camera this morning as their price was the best I found. I was called back 5 hours after purchasing the order and told that my purchase was the 'international version' that did not carry the factory warranty and they offered to upsell me the USA model for an additional $90. I asked to cancel the order and the gentleman tried to expedite shipping and politely argued that if I bought it locally, I would pay more in taxes than he was charging. After my 3rd request to cancel the order, he complied. He was not rude but I felt that this was a bait and switch as the seller's page says nothing about this being an international version. I would rather pay more locally than feel like I'm being taken advantage of. I felt like this was bait and switch.

Update - like many of the other reviews have stated, Frank called me. He apologized and offered to send me a free SD card if I would raise my rating to a 5. I declined. He then told me he would ship a free battery instead if I would consider upgrading my rating. I got off the phone. Since, I have received 2 calls and voicemail from Frank telling me that he shipped a battery to me pressuring me to raise my rating here saying his boss is upset. This feels even more dishonest than before and makes me really distrust the 'good' ratings others have provided on this page. I STRONGLY recommend avoiding this company. Honestly, I don't believe they have done anything illegal but as I explained to him, they clearly have an issue as I can see through reviews here that they keep conducting business the same way and keep encountering the same upset customers. I do STRONGLY feel that their attempt to buy an improved rating by sending freebies to unsatisfied customers is unethical. Fix the issues and EARN the good ratings.

"I bought a Sony 55inch LED TV from abe's of maine and the sales person Roy was very kind and he helped me getting the TV shipped the next day after i placed my order with a white glove delivery...I am very happy with my purchase and i would buy at abe's of maine again."

"ordered a Samsung f8000 55 in inch on 6/15 the following day I received a phone call from a nice gentleman confirming my order which I expected since I have previously ordered from them. He offered me the white glove delivery which I thought would be a great idea since there is no way I could of have brought the TV in by myself, For me it was only 49.95 (I was going to tip the driver anyway) so it was good for everybody. Then he offered a few extras which I declined. He then confirmed my order, the TV shipped the very next day and now I am watch my brand new TV. Every went as I expected no hassles no issues. And YES I would recommend Abe's. Thank you Abe's of Maine. "

"Abes of maine is a great place to shop, I came into the store for a better price. The salesman helped me to the car with my new TV.
I will definitely shop here again and recommend to friends and family.

"Despite some misunderstandings Frank from Abe's was very quick to call me and make things right. He straightened some things for me and promised things will be different in the future. Thanks Frank you won back a customer. "

"I'm changing my review as Mr. Frank was nice enough to call me and offered the TV I ordered with a full US warranty. I will upgrade the review again after I recieve the TV."

"I had recently contacted Abe's of Maine
to purchase a Sharp Lc-90Le 657 for the living room in the new home that I just purchased. I spoke with Zakary at extension 266 in regards to the purchase. Besides for being extremely cordial and well spoken, Zak was extremely knowledgeable about his companies products, and helped my spouse and I obtain all of the items that we needed for the television set at a fraction of the competitors cost. From start to finish, he made us feel like we were his first priority, regardless of the fact that they were extemely busy. In addition to this review, I have already recommended Zak and co. to a number of family and friends, and will continue to do so. Abe's of Maine sincerely understands the importance of true customer service and satisfaction, I'm ecstatic to know that companies like this (although limited), still exist.
Thanks again Zak! We'll DEFINITELY be back for our future purchases. Best regards.

"Update on 6/19:
After seeing my review, Frank called me on 6/17. He wanted to know what happened so he could try to make it right and help other customers in the future. After telling him my experience he tried to give me different prices on the camera but I declined and told him I just wanted a full refund. He said he personally made sure that my card was credited that morning.
It was nice of him to try to make the situation better but it wouldn't have been needed if their website wasn't so misleading and the sales people don't try to trick you into upsells.
A full refund was issued to my card today, 6/19.

Original Review:
Awful! Never ever ever order from them. Ordered a Nikon on 6/9 for $499 and received a call from Roy on 6/15, (so much for their 1-3 day processing as stated on their site) informing me that I ordered the import version. This is not clearly labeled on their website and the second listing of the camera had details of a refrigerator. After being informed that I had selected the import and would receive a European charger, I was asked if I would instead like the correct camera for $549 which included a first time buyer discount and a 2 year warranty that didn't cost extra and wasn't an upsell. I agreed and then Roy tried to upsell me on a filter which I obviously did not want or I would have originally ordered it. Soon after that call, my credit card was charged and I received my new invoice which now said I had ordered the older version of the camera I originally wanted and that the supposed free 2 year warranty cost $80! This was not the deal I had agreed on, as Roy never mentioned it would be the older model and that the warranty was at no cost. I promptly emailed Roy telling him to cancel my order. He didn't respond to my email that day so I sent a long message to their customer service telling them to cancel my order.
Today, 6/16, I received a generic voicemail from Roy. I wanted to talk to a different person so I called their customer service after not receiving a response to my earlier email.
After being put on hold I was rudely told that you can't cancel an order via email and was patched through to Roy even though I said I didn't need to speak to him.
Roy said he "accidentally" ordered the older model and tried to tell me prices for the correct model. I informed him I wanted to cancel and wanted a full refund. He said he would cancel it and that I would get a full refund.
I'll be keeping an eye on my cc statement and will be calling soon if no action is taken.

"Update:
As others have noted also, Frank called me to discuss the review I left. After finally getting an answer to how to figure out what they actually sent me me for a lens he gave me a free 3 year extended warranty for my troubles. That was certainly not expected and a nice gesture. It's surprising though that Abe's rather prefers to fix the problem with their sales people after the fact then do it right the first time. I have update my review from the 2 stars to 3 stars as Franks efforts were good, but the initial experience wasn't that great. And remember, most of this was because I did not get any response from them in the first place. It wasn't until I left this review; which shows that some part of their customer service doesn't quite work as well as the team Frank works for.

Original review:
Seems to engage in high pressure bait and switch type sales. Originally ordered an import canon lens as there were many people selling this online, but I thought for extra security, I would buy from a seller who's been around for a while. However, a few hours after placing my order a sales person called and told me they are going to sell all these import lenses in bulk as they have had many returns on them and issues due to quality. Then proceeded to pressure me to buy a white box US warranted Canon lens. He did drop the price on this, but the whole experience was less then ideal...especially since they still have these import lenses for sale on their site.... Oh, and I emailed them twice to see how I can tell that the lens they shipped me was actually the US version as my order still showed the import part number... no reply....I guess this store doesn't really want repeat customers.

"I recently purchased a sonyxbr65x900a . They had the best price online. Everything Was Delivered By White glove via scheduled delivery. Thank you david the salesman for delivering as promised."

"Ordered a camera and thought everything was great. I then got a call a couple of days later informing me shipping would be much more expensive. I asked them to honor the price on the website and they said they would not. They also tried to sell me a more expensive camera. Not recommended.

*Update
I received a call today from Frank. He tried to make things right which I appreciate. He said to ask for a manager next time which I will do. I may have spoken with somebody having a bad day. I was pleasantly surprised to receive the call.

"I have been researching affordable DSLRs for months because my parents were going to buy me one for my birthday. Yesterday I finally found a deal on a Canon T3i. The price they advertised was must lower than anything else I had found. I put in an order for the camera on my dad's card.

Today, I received a somewhat "sketchy" phone call. The person who called asked to verify the shipping address. He kept asking if he was talking to me or my father. Then, he went on to tell me that I had put in an order for an "imported model". With this camera being my first DSLR, I had no idea what that meant, nor did I remember ever seeing anything about this on the page (upon later inspection, it is written in small lettering on the page). An average consumer, like myself, probably wouldn't know what the implications of an "imported model" are. He told me that Canon would not honor the manufacturers warranty and I would also need to buy a converter in order for the battery to charge. The US model was an additional $100, but he kept lowering the price to get me to take the bait. I placed my original order on hold and hung up the phone.

I discussed the matter with my dad and he felt that I was being scammed, so I googled "Abe's of Maine+Scam" and came across many pages with ratings telling a similar story to mine.

While the person with customer service was very pleasant, and was willing to work with me on adjusting the price of the US t3i, I had to cancel my order because I felt that the entire situation was too sketchy and other reviews turned me off from ordering from them.

If I didn't feel this way and if I didn't read that many customers have felt this way, I probably would have done it. However, I have read far too negative reviews to feel comfortable doing business with Abe's of Maine.

"After placing my order I received a phone call saying that my order got flagged for fraud and that I needed to confirm it (this made no sense since I had paid via PayPal which is verified and protected). The guy then proceeds to try to get me to upgrade to the US model instead of the "import model" for $40 more. I actually agreed to upgrade as I was told that I would have no warranty otherwise.

Instead of charging my card for just the additional $40 I was charged the full $130 to both of my cards (the initial purchase was $90). So I had to get that charge reversed. Fast forward to 18 DAYS LATER my item still has not shipped. I call the customer service line and get a very rude, short and pushy representative. He put me on hold and comes back and says "It's shipping today" I said "OK why did it take 18 days to ship?" "For verififcation." "Well I already called and had to confirm that my order wasn't fraud supposedly so why wasn't it verified then?" "Look your order is shipping today you don't have to call anymore"

This has to be one of the most shady stores that I have dealt with in over 10 years of online shopping. Any potential buyers please be wary and don't be fooled by the lower sticker price.

"My initial experience with Abe's of Maine was less than amazing. You've heard the term "bait and switch" before and that's pretty much what I fell for which I admit is my own fault. I purchased a new Canon 5D MkIII and decided to go with the USA model after calling about the import. It arrived in very good time and was brand new except for coming in the kit box, unsealed minus the 24-105 lens and warranty cards. This, of course, concerned me as I paid the full price for the body, so therefore expected a sealed Canon 5D MkIII box with everything included.

Long story short, my first review here was less than stellar as I felt duped and lied to by the sales representative. I was contacted by Frank at Abe;s about the review and he was very apologetic that I wasn't happy. He offered me an extended 2 yr warranty and a CF card to help makes things right which I accepted. He also assured me they were working with their sales staff to be a bit more honest when trying to up sell a product. I need to feel fully confident when spending so much money on an item.

If this warranty and CF card never arrives this review will change yet again, but for right now I appreciate the time taken by Frank to make things right and he genuinely seems to care about the customers and making them happy.

Abe's of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe's of Maine is a merchant member
Abe's of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,851 merchant members.