Stores > Abe of Maine

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.94/10 7.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Abe of Maine by clicking a star below.
2016-06-24

RE: Thank You Jeff and Abe's of Maine for the Speedy Delivery, Excellent Service and Pricing on My New Lenses

"I would like to thank you Jeff and Abe's of Maine for your excellent handling, pricing and speedy delivery on my new Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM Sports lens and Sigma 120-300 DG OS HSM Sports lens today. You and Abe's of Maine are the sales representative and company that I look forward to working with in the future. Thank You very much for the efficient handling and delivery of my orders. BRAVO, this is now internet sales is meant to be at its very best.

Regards,
Chris

2016-06-23

Abe of Maine faster than the Speed of Light!!!

"Abe of Maine is faster than the speed of light! I called Mr. Jeff Stevens on Monday, June 19, to confirm my online order for a Nikon 5200 camera, and by Thursday, June 23, the UPS man was at my door. The camera arrived in perfect condition. I wholeheartedly recommend Abe of Maine! Thank you, Jeff, for your wonderful service!! "

2016-06-08

Bait & Switch, Deceptive, Dishonest: NOT an Authorized Dealer!!!

"They have sold me a Sony camera which is similar to the U.S. version but is not a U.S. model and did not say anything. Now if I want to take photos in the U.S. standard format NTSC it takes an extremely long time for the camera to boot up. An when I called up Sony they had confirmed that this model is not made for the U.S. market, and besides that it will prevent me from taking photos quickly the parts will also be hard to get since it's not a model for the U.S. market.
Apparently they are buying stuff over seas which are not U.S. versions and selling it here. Won't buying anything else from them."
Classic bait and switch operation. Avoid them!!!

2016-04-27

"Thank You, Jason"

"Jason Scott, Abe of Maine Customer Service Manager, was extremely helpful with a shipping logistics problem. Jason was very courteous. He listened very closely to find out the details of my situation. He then advised me on how we could resolve the problem. The problem was resolved within a few hours of contacting the office."

2016-04-20

Was a pleasure doing business with Abe's of Maine!

"Everything was smooth and nice, we love our new tv, was as we expected and even when we live in the very south of the country, was here on time and in perfect shape :)

Thank you Jason and Ted!!!

2016-04-18

Rushed order with no problem

"I needed a camera lens quickly and Jeff hooked me up with the fastest shipping. Since I am local, he called to confirm the order and got it to me quickly. Would buy from them again."

2016-04-18

Jeff is the man!

"Jeff from Abe's of Maine just called to followup on my order. He pleasantly offered me some extra items to go with the camera I purchased. He validated my info and upgraded me to faster shipping. I was extremely pleased knowing my camera would be here for the weekend. This is my first purchase from Abe's and with this type of followup I will be getting the rest of my photo equipment here as well. "

2016-04-17

Bait & Switch and VERY RUDE!!! (Update at the bottom)

"My mother has been putting money away for a new television for almost a year now. She is finally ready to purchase and asked me for some assistance. I found her the LG 55EF9500 and searched Google shopping for the best price. Abe's of Maine came up (Google yourself and see) with a price of $2329 with no tax and free shipping. This television sells for $2999 in most all big box retailers and she just couldn't afford that much. She was however willing to stretch her budget a little to accommodate the $2329 price.

Having dealt with them many years ago I advised my Mom that this is a good company and to go ahead and make the purchase. She did. Boy was that a mistake.

The next day she received a call, first asking her to purchase extended warranty plans, and when she declined, telling her that she would have to pay $289 for the shipping. She questioned this and was then told that it's to cover the insurance on the shipment. She texted me what was going on and I told her not to pay them anything more than she already had. Their website specifically stated free shipping in not one but two places (once on the product page itself and another when you are checking out). The man who called her (Jeff Stevens x272) was rude to her and she got off the phone and asked me to step in.

I called Jeff and asked what was going on. He fed me the same line about paying for the insurance of the shipment. I responded by saying you cannot state free shipping in multiple places on your website and then call and basically say "Ha Ha, just kidding, pay us another $289 or you don't get the product". He started yelling at me (bear in mind I did not speak to him in an agitated voice in any way) saying I shouldn't bother ever calling them again until I "learned how to speak to people".

I told him to cancel the order and hung up.

Classic bait and switch operation. Run away!

----------

I wanted to write this update because after posting reviews on Yelp, Reseller Ratings, and the BBB, I received a call from Abe's of Maine's customer service manager who was very nice and very helpful. He apologized numerous times for everything that transpired and agreed to sell the TV to my mother for exactly what is listed on the website (read: no additional charges). The TV was delivered today (white glove) and everything looks good.

2016-04-05

ecxelent

"i placed the order with Abe of Maine with now hassle. Jason in customer service is ecxelent to deal with. I recommend this company to all."

2016-04-04

A pleasure

"Jeff handled my order with efficiency and professionalism. When a problem arose with my card, he quickly took care of it. This is my second camera order from Abe's of Maine and I will order from them again."

Fabulous photo gear!

"I have only been involved in photography for a couple of years and, in my inexperience, ordered the wrong teleconverter for my camera. When I called to ask about the order, I talked with a wonderful man named Ted who helped me find the right one for my camera, changed the order in the system, and gave me upgraded shipping. I just got the lens and love it! Abe's is honest, has a great inventory, and knowledgeable sales people."

2016-03-23

BEST PRICE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!

"I shopped around everywhere. I mean everywhere online, and in-store. Abes of Maine had the best price by far! The customer service is outstanding. I will definitely shop at Abes of Maine exclusively in the future. "

2016-03-23

"Jeff call to confirm order and upgrade to express shipping. Great customer service! "

2016-03-22

good sales

"The sales, Jeff, was very good and responsible. He left me a message and talked to me on the shipping option. Good job. "

2016-03-22

Good Service Good Value

"Great, no hassle web site, I could check out as a guest, if I wanted to. I picked Abe over a slightly cheaper site, because Abe provided clear information about what comes in the box with the flash attachment. Also, I was able to get in touch with a real person that answered all my questions about shipping. They were kind enough to point out I overlooked a free coupon for faster shipping, and were kind enough to apply it for me... Awesome!"

Share Abe of Maine's store rating

Abe of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe of Maine is a merchant member
Abe of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,383 merchant members.