Stores > Abe of Maine

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2015-06-27

"The good thing was the price and the really quick delivery. As expected per other reviews, I did get a call trying to talk me into the more expensive US model. The caller was pretty determined to change my mind. His last attempt was to tell me the writing on the lens was in Japanese. I had to laugh at that comment. I had done my homework and had even called the Canon HQs to ask about the Import model. I would definitely order form them again. "

2015-06-06

"Customer, BEWARE!!! This seller is very, very deceitful... I bought or paid for a brand new Nikon D610, and they sent me a "used Nikon D610"... "

This review was modified by Seinbee on February 29 2016 10:19:20 AM

2015-05-27

"Great job, very good service. So far my experiences have been very positive."

2015-05-27

"Jeff did a tremendous job helping me when there was some confusion regarding my order. He was very helpful and courteous."

2015-05-27

"What a crap company, I purchased a 4K 55" Samsung TV from the at the memorial day sale. It was a good deal, only to get a phone call the following Tuesday, saying sorry, but our trucking company doesn't deliver to your zip code. I have a order confirmation with free shipping to my address, but that doesn't interest them. Now I don't have a TV and the Memorial days sales are gone. F..... Abe's of Maine. The lost me and my friends as a costumer."

2015-05-26

"I am satisfied with the service provided so far."

2015-05-26

"Abe's of Maine is a caring and compassionate business and I would highly recommend them as a legitimate source for camera products. I have bought quality products from them on 2 separate occasions and would do business with them again."

2015-05-21

"This place is a bait-and-switch scam. I ordered a camera lens because they had a competitive price (http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?item=SN5521045B&id=SN5521045B&&kbid=SONY%2520E%252055-210mm%2520f%252f4.5-6.3%2520OSS%2520E-Mount%2520Lens).

I get a call the next day from someone from Abe's named Roy, asking if I was aware I ordered the "import" model, which is inferior to the "domestic" model. The "import" model, Roy said, is of lower quality and has no warranty, and he could cut me a special deal on the domestic lens...which just happened to be almost twice what I agreed to pay for the import model.

I told him to cancel my order, unless he could send me the domestic version with warranty for the same price as the import. Surprisingly, he agreed. But what I received has no indication it's covered under warranty, and looks to be a gray market ("import") lens. THIS SITE IS A SCAM.

Looking at other reviews on the internet, I'm not nearly the first person taken advantage of by Abe's. I'm going to dispute the charge with my credit card and be in contact with the NJ Attorney General and BBB. It's about time this fraudulent operation gets put out of business.

...Oh, and Roy specifically asked me to write a review because of the "favor" he did in pretending to upgrade my order. Here's your review, Roy!

2015-05-15

"Given that most items you buy here are an 'investment', it is appreciated that they call you before your order is shipped to make sure you are getting what you ordered and that everything is the way you want. Returns are easy and flexible. They truly value each customer as an individual. As a bonus, they sometimes are able to offer discounts to you beyond those listed on the website. Excellent quality of products and excellent service."

2015-05-14

"WOW, what can I say! Fantastic service by Jeff Stevens! Product ordered on Monday, packed and shipped on Tues, and delivered Wed. I was very impressed with the packaging. If I had to rate the customer service on a scale of 1-10, it would be 11."

2015-05-13

"Great and fast service. The products sold are excellent quality. I am very satisfied with Customer Service helps on the various matters. Recommending it to everyone."

2015-05-13

"its great to feel that you are speaking to humans when you make a purchase i received confirmation so fast and within the next week got my order cant wait to make more purchases from you guys ... thanks Sally"

2015-05-12

"Great service, i would recommend to all to use this site got my product on time.

2015-05-08

"I ordered a lens on abesofmaine and received quick confirmation and information over the phone. Also the lowest price I could find online. "

2015-05-07

"Wonderful deals and the site was easy enough to navigate. They called me to ask me if I knew about the return policy for tvs. I found that excellent service. I did buy the Samsung 85 inch I love the TV. Kudos to Jason for his customer service skills and his way with the trucking company. "

Share Abe of Maine's store rating

Abe of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe of Maine is a merchant member
Abe of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,607 merchant members.