Stores > Abe of Maine

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.75/10 7.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.19/10 8.19/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.14/10 7.14/10

"This is an update to the below review.
I received 2 calls and an email from Frank; he was very nice and respectful. He offered to make things right for me to keep me as a customer; he offered to sell me the TV I wanted (USA model) for the low price I saw, and when he found out I already made a purchase elsewhere, he offered me a 3 year extended warranty on the TV. Very nice person, and excellent customer service. Too bad he wasn't the one I spoke to to begin with!
I will be back to make purchases here.
Thank you Frank.

"Original review starts here"
Be careful when you order online from these guys, I also fell in the "ITEM YOU BOUGHT IS AN IMPORT THAT WORKS IN AUSTRALIA..."
I bought a 65" Samsung TV that came with a free TV mount, that they had in stock with a great price. Minutes later, I receive email from from them asking me to call. When I called, I was informed of the "import" version, and that they have the USA model for $300 more.
I do a lot of shopping online, and I would say I pay a lot of attention to any items I am looking for at the time, so a huge detail like an "IMPORT" is very hard to miss for me. And to tell me I bought an import model is pure B.S. Besides, we live and buy stuff in the USA, why would I want to by an AUSTRALIAN model????

"Abe's had the best price for my product, an easy ordering method and even called to confirm that I was me when I asked for a different shipping address. Jeff was very nice."

"Was extremely impressed with their customer service and personalized attention. Would definitely recommend them to friends & family."

"Very GREAT! costumer service couldn't be happier!"

"I got the HU9000 4k FXZA USA model today, I'm thrill... With $100 bucks Premium Delivery worth it... The guys brought in the big TV box, open up, plug it in then power it up. No screen crack that is the big thing to look at... No Crack during transportation. Need to make sure the clarify what exactly you want and how much you want to pay then the guy will help and suggested the way to go. With the price I got, there is no where in state that I can get. I'm getting the message to my friend to get one now. This is the steal deal..."

"Very satisfied with the service."

"Wow!!! I am so impressed with Abe's of Maine customer service. As a first time customer I inadvertently selected an imported camera lens (which I never buy) and within an hour I received a call from the store to make sure I realized I had ordered this version...what company does this?? With service like this, why buy elsewhere. Thanks so much... I truly appreciate it!!! "

"Great pricing, easy to use website, and customer service (Jeff) was great. Good communication and really looking forward to the lens I ordered. Also, will definitely be back to their website for my next electronics purchase. "

"I purchased a Nikon (Nk5018GG) 50mm F1.8 and I couldn't be happier with the price, speed of delivery and caring calling me to explain the item details. I feel really pleased and I recommend the Abe's of Maine! I will use it again and I've already mentioned it to my friends! Thumbs up!!!"

"Best!!! Knowledgeable representative very understanding and explaining what is in fine prints. I really appreciate the way they handle the orders. "

"UPDATE: 04/20/2015, Today, the lens arrived and checked the lens. It is in a perfect condition. Mr. Frank gave me a follow up call to check if I got my lens.I was notified that i will receive the email for the warranty confirmation. I had a bad start with the company, but i am really glad that everything worked out well. Now, I definately suggest you not to be affraid of buying from them. People of Abes of Maine are willing to work it out with you.

UPDATE: i've got a phone call from Frank who is the sale rep manager of the 'Abe's of Maine'. He wanted to fix the problem i had with them, so i decided to give them a try. I ended up ordering the first order i made, the Import model, with the third party accidental warranty provided from the store. I am waiting for the shipment and will check the item. Mr. Frank was willing to provide me a great service, so i hope everything work out well once i receive the item. I will keep it updated in few days again.

This is the first time leaving the review for resellerrating.com. Yesterday morning I purchased the Tamron 24-70mm lens for Canon for fairly good price which was 815USD. I knew it was the "import" model and willing to take a risk for no warranty. Price different b/w the US retail one and import was 400 difference which I can afford another lens. Anyway, I got a phone call last night saying he was the sales rep, Jeff, from Abes of Maine. He was mentioning that I've purchased the import model which i was aware of it. and provided that he could give me some discount on US retail model for the same lens with filter. Last time when I checked their website, they did not have US retail model for Tamron i purchased. It only showed me the Nikon mout for us retail. He also told me that i will get the changed invoice in 5 mins after i finished talking. I hung up the phone and checked their website. They did not have the US RETAIL MODEL on the website! I tried to call their customer service and found out that he called me AFTER HOUR, so i was not able to speak to anyone. I called the Credit Card company to hold any of the transactions. I DID NOT received the new invoice until this morning 4/15/2015. The funny part starts NOW. the invoice actually had the same part number for IMPORT which starts with "TM" , retail model starts with "TA". According to their website, the customer service depart opens at 10 am, but i was not able to reach the C/Rep until 10:45 am. I spoke to CRep about last night and even the Rep was trying to show me retail model on the website which cannot be shown. I told them to just send me the origninal order which was import and they transferred me to the rep i spoke to last night. Now when i got to talk to this Sales Rep, Jeff, his voice turned out to be very rude and ignorant. I told him that i wanted to order the original order and he told me that the shipment already has made which was a TOTAL LIE!!! I told him that was not possible since i hold the transaction. Then he gives me nonsense excuse saying that it was on TEMPORARTY HOLD before shipping. I also told him about the Model number was not matching to the US retail model and he said that it was US model which comes with 1 year of warranty. This is also LIE!. The US retail comes with 6 years of Warranty directly from Tamron. I reached the moment that i could not trust them anymore and ended up cancelling the order. I understand a lot of people had a pleasant experience from this store, but i want people to be aware of scamming sales reps as well. Just be careful when you order from this website. And try to order with your credit card, so you can protect the transaction.

"SCAMMERS! Forgot that I had ordered from them years ago and had to cancel because this company preys on their customers. Really don't know how they have gotten away with this for so long. Or how they have so many positive reviews here.

I purchased two Samsung TVs, and half an hour later get a call to let me know I "ordered the Canadian versions" which are "only good if you're sending them to Canada." They bait you with low prices on items that they don't have and/or are grey market, and then try to sell you more expensive items.

Aggravating and a waste of time. At least they didn't wait days to force me to cancel the order.

"Spoke to Kevin and he was a nice guy and he also gave me an upgrade in my delivery"

"Great store. Great people. Highly recommend!!!"

"I can't say enough good things about dealing with Kevin Scott at Abe's of Maine. I had researched the lens I needed and the best price by almost half was at their website. I really appreciate the follow up call to ensure the lens order was for the correct camera. I give Abe's of Maine and Kevin a 10 on a scale from 1-10. "

Share Abe of Maine's store rating

Abe of Maine is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Abe of Maine is a merchant member
Abe of Maine participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,682 merchant members.