• 1
  • 2

"STAY WELL AWAY,DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I placed an order in early november 2011 for a remote control for my Hitachi Hi-Fi, this was in stock at the time, but I still hadn't received by christmas dispite several emails and phone calls all of which were ignored. I contacted my local Trading Standards office, who advised me to write to them and send the letter by recorded delivery. I had to quote the "Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000" stating that as they hadn't kept up their end of the transaction within 30days I was intitled to cancel order and have a full refund. I fully expected to get my letter returned unopened, but to my surprize it was signed for the next day and 7days later I got an email sending their apologise for their dalay and that the item was no longer avaliable and I was getting my money back. I almost didn't believe it but I did get money back a couple of days later. I think this only happened due to the thought of further investingation by Trading Standards. How this company are still in business and allowed to advetrtise and take order is beyond me. "

"I ordered a remote on the 17th okt and just recived it yesterday the 7th dec. And they said it was in stuck when i ordered, and said shipped after placing the order. Came after almost 2 months. Mailed them 5 times before getting it, but they answered first 4 days before it arrived. I wont use them again."

"STEER CLEAR of these guys. I concur with all the negative reviews here. They are chancers. I was sent a remote (albeit promptly) that doesn't work. They then recommended I try another set of batteries!! No luck getting refund yet or replacement but will be referring matter to consumer watchdogs etc."

"Hi

The remote for my TV/DVD stopped working, so I logged onto the internet and did a search and found AV UK Ltd offering a replacement remote at the cheapest price. The ordering process was seamless and it arrived in the post this morning. I tried all the buttons and they all work with my TV - very pleased.

"I purchased an original remote control for a DVD player/recorder it was the cheapest on the market and the service was excellent in three says i received the cintrol in Malta. That is excellent service. Keep it up
Vincent Borg

"Avoid AVU UK Ltd they are useless scammers!!!!!!
Asked for help choosing correct remote, communicated quickly with details of what to order, so I ordered it. When it came didn't do a thing. Contacted them to arrange return refund or replacement and heard nothing!!!!
Don't go near them with a barge pole!!!!!!
Steve Jones

modified review This review was modified by seajones on January 01 2011 08:33:15 AM

"Do not touch this company.ordered a remote that their website recomended for my tv, it arrived within 2 days, but does not communicate with my tv. I emailed asking for their assistance. On the 18 Dec 09 After second email they asked if I could provide a picture of the original remote, which I replied that I had lost the remote that was why I was buying a new one. Todate I have had no responce even when asked if I could return this item for a refund"

"I wish I'd read these reveiws before ordering, PLEASE PLEASE stay clear of this company!! I ordered a 42" TV for my daughter and son in law for a Christmas present, they are watching a portable after moving in to their new home. I ordered it on the 10th December and now its the 22nd December and no TV has arrived yet!! It states next day delivery, that's a laugh and ringing them is a joke they never answer!! The money has been taken out of my bank so I want my TV NOW!!!!"

"Do NOT use AV UK LTD - they are a total rip off! I ordered a Remote which showed as in stock on 30th November, 2009 - I received it 10 days later!! Their testimonials on their site mention a 2 DAY turnaround - do not believe this, this is not the case. They dont answer emails and dont answer the phones. So if you have any problem in either not receiving your order or it is the wrong one - be warned there is no after sales service. They dont want to know! I had to threaten them with the Office of Fair Trading for them to even reply to me. As it was this was 8 days later.

Steer clear of AV UK Ltd - suffice to say I will NOT be using them again, and will tell everyone I know - not to either.

modified review This review was modified by Gorgeous Julie on December 11 2009 06:22:54 AM

"I ordered a remote control with a little trepidation as the control advertised with this company was cheaper than others I found.. I recieved it with efficiency 2 days later and have just, at last, tuned in the TV!! I have practised channel hopping, vulume turning and tuning so far all to my satisfaction.. therefore I would surmise that I would use AV uk ltd again. With Thanks."

"I paid for a genuine item and have received a fake. Have emailed store but they are not interested in helping. I have reported the matter to Trading Standards.

I would advise you to steer clear.

"REMOTE RECEIVED WITHOUT DOCUMENTATION.
ALL IN ALL QUICK POSTAGE, OK PRODUCT

modified review This review was modified by Sam35 on September 16 2009 06:06:04 AM

"Rip off. Good service during order and dispatch but the remote supplied doesn't work with the TV as ordered, appears to be a generic remote and came with no documentation. The follow up to my complaints has been non existent.
I wouldn't recommend them to anyone

AV UK Ltd is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AV UK Ltd is not a merchant member
AV UK Ltd does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!