Product & services pricing Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"My brand new (just out of the box) ASUS G75VWDH73-3D Will not do a "Create System Image" (error says Not enough space to create shadow copy on storage location) Storage location is the F drive it's empty, (straight from the factory:formatted) alternate storage location: external HD, alternate location per request from support staff: C drive all failed). It will not restore back to factory settings either. Both operations fail. I wanted to be sure they worked before I started adding anything to the machine. After hours on line with support staff and on the phone repeating the processes over and over, they finally told me that the RMA (Return to Manufacturers Authorization) system was down and I'd have to call back for a RMA number. Called back the next day, it's still down (currently on 3rd day of no RMA #). Each time they make me go through the processes again. This is a nightmare. I expected a working computer and not to have to send it back for repairs before I had a chance to use it. They sent me Windows 8 ISO with a thank you for contacting ASUS. I bought ASUS because I thought customer support was highly rated. Not the case, use caution. You buy it...you own it, even if it arrives not functional. "

blaydese's Avatar
Earth

"ASUS products are terrific, any problems you may have, their customer service is good enough to help. I own multiple ASUS products and prefer them over DELL, HP, VIZIO, etc. ASUS Transformer Infinity Tablet is the best Android tablet on the market as of 1 JAN 2013. ASUS motherboards are top notch and run in all my custom built PCs. "

"Asus makes some great products, whenever I'm looking for a new device, alot of the times they are making exactly what I want. With tablets their android tablets are almost always ahead of the game, they have the right specs, software and price points. I wanted an ultrabook and the only one I could find with an IPS display and a 1080p display was an Asus ux31a which was priced decently competitively (there are cheaper ones but this wasn't ridiculous).

I bought a Nexus 7 made by them and it was the right price and the right hardware. However there were issues with the screen and build quality but nothing glaringly bad.

I recently had to send them back my UX31A ultrabook because the power supply went bad and messed up the computer. It took like 12 days and I got it back which isn't bad, they however forgot to give me my charger. I called them up and they were great and are shipping one right now. All the customer support people I talked to were extremely helpful and kind.

A while Back I also bought a motherboard for a desktop build from them and when I couldn't get it to boot up I called their support for some help. The technician helped me out with some troubleshooting steps and finally we figured it out and got the system up and running.

So I have always ended up happy with asus, sometimes they have not the best build to their products but they are always onto great things with their product lines and havn't ever given an extremely steep price either. Tech support has always been helpful and kind as well.

EDIT:

Had a horrible customer service issue since sending in my ultrabook I've had constant issues with their support. They told me to send in my ac adapter as well and I never received one in return back (though the notebook came back in a timely manner) I had to call I think 3 times before I got one actually shipped and it was like 2 weeks after I got the notebook.
Now my it is telling me that windows activation is not valid. They told me to reenter the key, but the ac adapter that they took forever to send me (which is where the product number is located) does not have a product key on it.
The customer service told me I had to recover windows and backup all my software then put it back on which is just so stupid. He went and talked to a manager and all that I got was that I shouldn't have sent in my ac adapter (which they told me to do) and I have to either buy a product key or go back out and get something to backup my information to do a recovery.

modified review This review was modified by cylemmulo on February 17 2013 08:47:25 AM

"I bought my Zenbook Prime UX31A over 3 months ago.

When I received it, I noticed that a few keys don't work (up/down/esc which I actually use as a software developer).

I contacted Asus, tried updating the BIOS, and eventually decided to open an RMA.

The notebook was purchased in the US, but since I travel for business all the time and been to the Netherlands at the time, I sent it to the Dutch repair center.

I was told that the repair usually takes 7-10 business days.

After 14 work days, I contacted them, and they said that since the notebook was not from the Netherlands, they had to order parts and I will have to wait another month (!!!).

I told them that I won't be in the Netherlands by then and asked them to ship it back, unfixed, so I can send it to a different service center (Japan).

They failed to send the notebook back on time even though they had 2 weeks to do so and I called every single day, sometimes 2-3 times a day!

They even had the nerve to tell me that they will not ship it anywhere outside the Netherlands, even though I do not reside there...

Moreover, since they did end up sending the notebook back *after* I flew to Japan, the notebook was returned to their service center.

They made a mistake and wrote me an email saying I did receive the notebook and it was signed by a woman named "Linda" (I don't know any Linda! I thought my computer was lost!!!).

After a lot of stress and a few days (!!!) of angry e-mails they notified me that "Linda" was actually one of their colleagues...

Long story short, 3 months later, my notebook is still in the Netherlands, and still was not fixed (!!!!!).

They recently offered to buy the notebook back ("buyback"), but, to my surprise, even that is turning out to be an issue since I don't reside in the Netherlands and my bank account is not in that country...

I was in touch with Mr. Tien Phan who, while being very nice, could not help me at all...

He explained that while they do offer a global warranty (which is a useless joke, mind you!), he cannot contact the Dutch repair center, as they are simply contractors, and he added a bunch of other excuses which, as a customer who needs his notebook back, I honestly don't care about.

Simply put, I had the notebook for a few days, could not use it, Asus failed to fix it and failed to keep me informed about how long it would take to fix it.

I paid a lot of money for it which they're refusing to return.

Over 3 months later, I don't have the notebook, not the money, and no idea when or if I'll get either of them back.

Asus produces low-quality products, refuse to replace their faulty hardware, fail to repair it, their global warranty is useless, they directly made me lose a lot of time and money and caused me a lot of frustration.

I am writing this so other people think twice before they purchase an Asus, and hopefully will choose a more reliable brand.

Doing research online, I see I'm not the only person affected, and it seems like every single person gets the same kind of treatment from Asus...

Sorry Asus, you lost a customers (I own 2 medium internet businesses), I tell everyone I know not to buy Asus, and I will continue posting this story on various websites so people will know what kind of company Asus is and what low-quality service they choose to provide.

"Hi everyone,

This is my RMA story.

Every third ASUS laptop is DIFFECTIVE.

I had a custom Asus gaming laptop G51JX-3DE/G60JX ($2351) from Xoticpc.com. I can’t say I have it because it has already been in the Asus repair station for more than 2 months and I don’t know when I will get it back. My RMA status is still the same: "Waiting-[WB1] Wait for Material/Spare Parts". I emailed the Asus representative Mr. Tien Phan cl-tien@asus.com and got the response that the issue with my notebook was duplicated, and it was currently at a repair station waiting for the necessary parts to come in.
Because of that I began to initiate some action and look at what I could dig up.
If you look at the Asus website you will see that now it only has 2 gaming laptops G75VW (17’) and G55VW (15’), but there were a dozen different models in 2010.
My friend’s computer market analyst said that the Asus repair station is piled up with defective laptops, transformers, tablets. Almost every third ASUS laptop is DIFFECTIVE.
Since 2008 Asus started to produce their own laptops in huge amounts, though previously it was focused on the production of motherboard and other components. The range of its products increased in many times. They tried to compete even with Apple (Zenbook, Pads). But the Asus team just can’t compete with Steve Jobs’ team. As a result the quality of Asus products begins to fall dramatically. Asus Customer Service just can’t cope with the avalanche of custom claims.

Unfortunately, the quality of the motherboards – diamond in Asus crown – became worse compared to what it was before 2010. I built three rigs with Asus motherboards, last one is P6X58D Premium and I am satisfied with their quality. But now days are different.

Now we need to think seven times before buying an Asus laptop.

Having every third ASUS laptop DIFFECTIVE is too much.

pcbzick.

"Do not buy Asus products. I purchased an Eepad in Dec 2011. After about 2 weeks it started randomly shutting down. I have talked to them repeatedly on the phone and through email. The Eepad was sent back 2 times for repair (the first time I had to pay) and still is not fixed. I turns off and on randomly. The power button does not work at all."

"Asus has awful customer service. The monitor that I got was the VH238H. I got it last month, meaning that I still had 2 years left of warranty.

The monitor would randomly turn off and restart. At times it wouldn't even turn off, after the random shut down. This even happened on the first day of me using the monitor! I know my R7950 from MSI can handle the 1080P display fine. I've moved rooms to test this out, and the only thing that was wrong was the monitor. MSI's customer service is much better, 20 minutes RMA accepted. I shipped it to them the day after I got the message, and the new card arrived in my hands just 2 days later.

I contacted Asus, and I got no response within 48 hours, which was the time that they said someone could help me. I waited a week, still nothing. I sent two more requests after that, and guess what? Still no response. I doubt anyone has even bothered to read the messages.

modified review This review was modified by Teehee123 on August 29 2012 02:04:44 PM

"I will never purchase another ASUS product again. I could write a novel about all the issues I have had with their products and customer service. Long story short, they are a an awful company and treat their customers like dirt."

""ASUS currently does NOT actively participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues."

If they did the above that would mean they would have to care about their customers, Truth is....they don't.

Replacement parts ans their so called non existent estore are the biggest joke in the cosmos.

Customer service consist of a bunch of idiots in a call center that are clueless about the company they work for.

How is it they have awards in tech mags for their products? I bet they make up an award and give it to themselves.

Steer clear of this nightmare.

"ASUS provides horrible customer service. They are impossible to work with. I would never buy another ASUS product again."

"Horrible Service and support center experience!!

I bought an Asus Zenbook Ux21 11" in March 2012 and I am still struggling with BSOD errors and this is the second time I am returning my unit to them for repair!

They have a lengthy procedure to verify all your information each time you call! by all info I mean phone, full add, full email everything!! waste of time.

Their process for shipping back the laptop for repair simply sucks!
You call the technical support hoping that the person on the other side of the line knows more than you about the products. but their tech support line people are just operators with NO knowledge of problems! They can only recommend that you recover the partition to resolve problems! no a word more than that!

The procedure to issue an airway bill for return is separate and operator basically has no control over anything, you may or may not receive an email about shipping your laptop since it is a different department!!

Horrible experience.. I am never going to buy an Asus again!!! never!

"I glanced through the other reviews and I'm surprised to see that I'm not the only one with a complaint about their customer service!

My over-a-year-old Asus EEE slate died out suddenly while I was using it. I called support to ask about what I could do to revive it, and I was told to ship it to the Asus service center at my own cost. I asked for the potential costs of repair, and was denied any ballpark amount. I requested the amount for minimum possible charge (like how a mechanic will tell you its a $50 minimum just for opening up your car) so that I can decide if its worth the shipping costs, but the representative refused to give me any information. Understandable. He offered to have a supervisor call me back. I waited 3 days - no call.

I called again this morning, spoke to another representative, got the same response. He offered to put me on hold until his supervisor could assist me, and I waited for 23(!!) minutes on the phone for the supervisor to respond to me. The supervisor then told me something about a pinhole reset button on the side which I should press and hold. Apparently this is the first thing I should try when I encounter any such issue. What is unbelievable is that *both* the representatives I spoke to earlier failed to mention this reset button!

I'm appalled by the customer service and by the technical training that the representatives apparently receive. I really hope this improves soon. Asus makes such wonderful products and it would be a shame to lose customers because of poor customer service.

PS: I still haven't tried the pinhole reset trick since my slate is at home and I'm at work, so I can't comment on that.

"Never buy from this brand again. We had 2 monitor with bad power supply that under warranty ( 3 years ). Be told that power supply was accessory that carry less warranty. NEVER HEARD ANYTHING LIKE THAT BEFORE. They are not honor the warranty.
WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS BRAND AGAIN. SUPPORT PERSONNEL WAS SUCK, DID NOT KNOW THEIR PRODUCTS.

"I will never buy another ASUS again. In short, the two hinges on my F3Ka gradually stiffened and ended up breaking through the back of the case - one after one year, the second after 3 years. The first one was under warranty. I sent it in for repair at great cost (I was not living in the US any more), and they replaced my nice glossy screen (seems like hinge alone couldn't be replaced) with a crappy matte one. In addition, the DVD drive failed after about 2 years, and the hard drive began to fail after about 3 (it is still struggling on with bad sectors and the like).

You know, the HD/DVD stuff doesn't tick me off that badly as I know these are fragile parts. But the HINGES?? There is no excuse for something that basic, or for replacing my screen with a lower quality one.

I recently got in touch with them to ask them if they would repair the second hinge outside the warranty because of the crap experience I have had. I've written them about 4 times and unsurprisingly they haven't even bothered to respond.

I wish there were more obvious places to put these reviews, which really don't relate to a particular model but to general quality control and customer service issues. If anyone has any other ideas, please point me to them!

"ASUS RMA and customer service is absolutely ABYSMAL. Into the fourth business week, you know, mon-fri, they still can’t figure out the status of my motherboard. Keep getting the runaround from the CS people. One guy told me “its still in repair” called back two days later and the next guy says he sees the last inquiry but it was not answered. So, how could the person tell me it was still in repair if he never got an answer to the inquiry? Call back, ask for supervisor…. Can’t find one, get transferred to “Level 2 Support” big deal. Just know this, ASUS is ok as long as you don’t have a problem with it. If you need repair, just throw it in the trash and buy another brand."

ASUS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ASUS is not a merchant member
ASUS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!