• Rating 1.17/10 104 reviews

A1Books.com / webnotions.com (formerly: A1Techbooks.com) is not a merchant member
    A1Books.com / webnotions.com (formerly: A1Techbooks.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • A1Books.com / webnotions.com (formerly: A1Techbooks.com) contact information

"Absolutely horrible. Order got delayed, and then took forever to ship. Please avoid this horrible, horrible, company. I needed a book for school and didn't get it - MY GRADES WERE AFFECTED. I have another book for another class THAT HAS YET TO ARRIVE."

"VERY VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. VERY UNETHICAL SITUATION. I am warning everyone to NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY unless you like having high blood pressure. Never had I had a problem like this with an on-line company, and I order a lot of things on-line. I ordered an edition of a book that- from their site picture of the cover- was the 2001 edition. I ordered it BECAUSE it was the 2001 edition. It sold for $15.43. The book I received was the 1999 edition. THEN I looked on line, and the only edition they were showing at that time- which I knew by the cover picture- was the 1999 edition, but it was $8.37 BRAND NEW!!!!! The exact same book as they had charged me $15.43 just a few days earlier!!! Every time I tried to get satisfaction all they said was they would refund according to their policy. They weren't even willing to honor or even acknowledge the lower price. A simple acknowledgment would have been nice, because I was not asking for the lower price; I was asking for the 2001 edition, and was willing to pay $15.43 for it. I was NOT willing to pay double the asking price for the 1999 edition. I wrote, and then wrote responses to their unsatisfactory, mantra-like answers. I wrote that I saw the book being offered by them for the lower price BOTH on their own web site and the Abe's Books web site. They answered that Abe's Books wasn't their site- totally ignoring that I had provided THEIR OWN exact web address to the book. I also called the phone number on their web site; you had to leave a message for a call-back, which I never got. Two days later the web site said they didn't take phone calls. Figures, since the price apparently "changed" in the same speedy fashion. I sent the book back and got a partial refund. UNACCEPTABLE. I finally got satisfaction - no, not from them, but from my credit card company. P.S. If I had wanted the 1999 edition I could have originally ordered it for a lesser price from another company. I finally ordered and speedily received the 2001 edition for $9.99 from Clementine Books on amazon.com. Also have had great service from Brighton Belle on amazon.com. STAY AWAY FROM A-1!!!"

"This company is horrible. I ordered one book as following item:

Item #1 : Transportation (with InfoTrac )
ISBN : 0324202148
Price / Item : $49.77
Quantity : 1
Will Ship In : 1 day(s)
Expected By : 25-Jun-2008

Seller : textbooksforless (textbooksforless@hotmail.com)
SKU : 0324202148-NI
Condition : Brand New
However, the seller mailed me one wrong book and refused to refund all charge. I spent another several dollars to mail back. In total, I lost more than 10$ and got nothing. I have to wait another one month to order the book from somewhere else. The company is terrible. Be aware of this seller.

"Below is a timeline of my order. The issue is getting an e-mail saying that my order has been shipped, then 8 days later getting another e-mail that my order is backordered! That is not good service.

5/8/2008 2:44:00 PM: Ordered Radical Brewing with 3-5 business days shipping. Item was in stock at time of order.

5/9/2008 E-mail that seller is being contacted to confirm order. The book was ordered through buy.com

5/11/2008 E-mail that the following items on your Buy.com Marketplace order have shipped! The seller, a1books has confirmed the shipment was sent on Sunday, May 11, 2008. You have selected Standard shipping and should receive
your item(s) in 4 to 14 business days.

5/19/2008 E-mail from A1 that order has been delayed because they ran out of stock on the item ordered.

6/03/2008 I wrote A1 Books an e-mail through their website (no phone number to call) asking for a free shipping coupon or percent off coupon if I decided to try them out a second time.

6/04/2008 I received an e-mail back from A1 Books stating things about shipped using Standard Ground Shipping.
Did they even read my e-mail? I'm not complaining about the shipping. The shipping is fine. I'm complaining about the not just misleading e-mails, but the obviously false e-mails that were sent to me stating that an item as has been shipped when it hasn't. And that it took them another 8 days to send me a second e-mail stating that my item is backordered.

"I would strongly advise staying away from this company. Customer service is nonexistent - nearly the same reply is given to all requests, and they do not offer telephone contact (that says it all). I ordered my book on the 15th of April from Alibris, and the order was not processed by A1 until the 22nd. It was shipped from New Jersey on the 24th and I still haven't received it, one month later (and I am in New York City!!). They keep giving me the runaround: please wait another 4-7 business days, etc. And they have no way to track your package once it has left the facility. I wish I had read these reviews before I ordered from A1... Stay away from this company!!"

"I ordered my book used through Barnes & Nobles. I never heard of this company and Barnes & Nobles had them listed with good reviews.

It's been only about two weeks, but I have never had an order delayed this long before. I started getting a bit worried and found all over the internet HORRIBLE reviews. I assumed they would be a good site since Barnes & Nobles had them listed as an "Authorized Reseller."

I've read numerous entries about customers complaining about never receiving their book and this company giving the same excuse of being the carriers (USPS) fault. Others are also complaining about receiving the wrong book and getting charged a restocking fee for their mistake. WTF? It is very obvious a scam is going on here and I may have become a victim of it...

Possible evidence of mischief:

I did a little investigation work and re-examined the reviews about them on Barnes & Nobles site. As of this moment they have 21,713 ratings with 4.4/5 score. I compared the amount of ratings to other resellers on B & N's site and most had an average amount of ratings between 500-2000. A little skeptical of this I started looking at the comments on them on B & N's site and saw duplicated posts written in a same format with high ratings. On 4/16 and 4/15 they had about 45-75 reviews each day (A huge amount in comparison to the other resellers). Either they are so busy they can not keep up with their orders or they have a Bot that autofills random comments with high scores... Either way, I, the consumer, should not have to question this...hmm...

- Worried

UPDATE (PLEASE READ): I ended up receiving my books on 3/21. I ordered the book used but it looked new! I am very pleased that the book did arrive and was in excellent condition.

If there was mention about it being shipped as media mail, my apologies, I must have missed it. None of my e-receipts state this. My only complaint now is that my order took a little longer than expected to process, which left me worried.

modified review This review was modified by iicriscoii on April 23 2008 09:36:33 AM

"i ordered a copy of wow painter IX which included a cd. this product was 2 weeks late and came to me broken. when i used there 24 customer support i got an auto message that stated i could return it and they would refund me for the book not the shipping also that i could not exchange the book i would have to re order and pay for shipping again. when i used the customer support to express my dissatisfaction i got the same auto message. i have bought books on line before and have never had a problem with other companies. A1books is a sham and no one should order from then unless you like getting screwed over. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!! "

"I ordered 1 book on 03/06/08 & paid for expedited shipping -- it is now 03/17 & the book still has not arrived. There is no way to contact them - fax number given on website does not exist. Will be contacting the BBB for this poor customer service."

"A1 books sucks and has horrible business practices. The simple fact that they do not have a customer service phone number says it all. After waiting for over three weeks for my book, they shipped the wrong book. I have to pay for shipping the book back and a restocking fee. I can't believe a company like barnes and noble would use them. "

"I wish I had read the reviews before I ordered books. 23 days and I still have not received my books. I will never order from them again. Buyer beware!"

"I ordered this book on Nov 23 and I received an email saying the book was out of stock and it would cause a delay and they would send the book out on around dec 13. They shipped it on Dec. 5 and this is what the tracking number shows

12/05 11:03AM ARRIVED AT SORT HUB Elizabeth, NJ
12/05 02:24PM PROCESSED AT SORT HUB Elizabeth, NJ
12/06 10:44AM EN ROUTE TO LOCAL USPS FACILITY Jersey City, NJ

I live in New York City so the book is usually received in 2 or 3 days. It is now Jan 4, 2008 and I still haven't received the book. The have replied to my email telling me the same thing over and over, that it will take 21 days, then they said 4-5 weeks. I'm especially pissed because I could pick up the book cuz its only 2 hours away!!! Look what else they told me...

"Please note since we sort the mail based on instruction given by Yellow Mail, all of the mail pieces that going to the same destination get grouped into the same package and then in bulk are delivered to your nearest local post
office."

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! I mean unless you are the lucky one, or the last one who placed an order for there to be enough packages to be finally shipped out. I won't accept this!

"I placed the order and paid extra for expedited shipping. Then I received an email stating that my order was shipped the day after I placed it. I waited and waited a week later I emailed them to find out where my purchase was. They replied that my purchase was sent on December 20. Then they gave me a tracking # when I checked there it said that the item was not shipped until the 26! It is now January and I still do not have the book and they won't help me and claim that 21 days of shipping is comparable to priority mail!"

"They shipped me the wrong book. However, they won't send me the book I ordered. I need to pay a restocking fee on the WRONG book and re-buy the book I ordered! I'll never use them again."

Seattle

"A1book.com who is selling books via Alibris.com ripped me off on: CCNA CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ASSOCIATE Study Guide by Todd Lammle.

The book was being advertised as new, it came used. It was missing the most important element which is a CD that serves as a virtual computer lab, and a testing facility.

Without the CD, the book is worthless to me.

This company SUCKS.

Im calling my credit card company for a refund. It beats paying for shipping and only getting half of my money back!

"Dreadful service. Was told it would be shipped 15 Oct, notified of shipment on 25 Oct. Had to buy locally, was for a class.

Avoid this store.