• Rating 0.00/10 466 reviews

86th Street Photo & Video (aka: WiseTronics.com, Camera Giants, My Wireless Deal, Y.E.S.) is not a merchant member
    86th Street Photo & Video (aka: WiseTronics.com, Camera Giants, My Wireless Deal, Y.E.S.) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • 86th Street Photo & Video (aka: WiseTronics.com, Camera Giants, My Wireless Deal, Y.E.S.) contact information

"This company seems to be a scam.. If you order at the advertised good price, you will probably never get what you order. You will get an order number and told it will be shipped within a couple days. Then you will get a message you have to call to confirm your order. If you don't buy the over-priced accessories they want you to buy when you call, you will get a notice they are all out, and it will be back-ordered. Then many weeks later when you try to find out why they don't list your order, They will accidentally cancel your order--although you don't want it cancelled. You will be told you have to reorder at a new higher price. If you really want what you are ordering--go with a more reliable store like Costco. "

"At www.86photovideo.com I got suckered by an online price of $179 plus $10 for 1 week shipping for a GPS (Garmin 265WT). When I got called to "confirm" my order, the salesman told me that I should also get a memory card in order to download map updates, and that he would throw in a carrying case and 3 day shipping. Total for the order: $320 plus $10 shipping. I said no 3 times - but in the end he told me that map upgrades would be impossible without the "special" memory card and I fell for it.
The biggest problem for me is that the Garmin website indicates that you can buy EXTRA maps ( e.g., Europe) on their memory cards, or use cards to store pictures, extra points of interest, etc. The cards are NOT required for map updates and will not speed up the update process. Secondly, the carrying case sent is for a camera, and way too big to serve for a GPS.
My discussion with Peter Sullivan (grand poobah of customer service) ended the same as for others - they would be glad to refund my $320 less 20% restocking fee ($64). Shipping both ways is $10 x 2, so I would be out $84 and have nothing. No breaking up the "package" deal for a partial refund. My estimate of the actual value of the upgrade is about $20 - 25.

This is my first experience with 86th Street Photo & Video and associated companies and it will definitely be my last. I should have checked these con artists out before ordering.

"I don't know how they sleep at night. They are a complete scam. If you don't buy their overpriced accessory package and your order wil be backordered forever. Unfortunately, they play you along and won't tell you the truth. I just followed up again and was told another 6-8 weeks but if I purchade their package, they will ship tomorrow. Do not do business with this company. They should be shut dowm!"

"They would not sell only the camera (canon powershot sx10 is). i.e. They stated a camera is not available with no accessories."

"With all these horrible experiances & rating, this company has opened their business with new new name, camera giant. http://www.cameragiantsinc.com/. The site was registered 19-Jan-2009. They have modified their look but the site contents are same as http://www.86photovideo.com/ . BEWARE of this scam again. It's really surprising no one in this country has courage to hunt down & put the owner(s) behind bar."

modified review This review was modified by tharikida on February 01 2009 04:13:20 PM

"I ordered a Sony DCR-SR45 online from them and it was said to ship in two to three days once the payment cleared. I then received an email that said I needed to call them in order to confirm the order. When I called them, I got the bait and switch tactic where they tried to sell me other products from batteries, lens, and bags and then even to upgrade the camera. When I said I didnt want to upgrade, after about 5 minutes of telling them that as well, they said my product was on back order for at least two to three weeks. Saying that I needed the product sooner, they told me that it was just going to have to wait because it was out of stock. When I asked to cancel my order, they actually hung up on me. THIS HAPPENED THREE TIMES before they actually cancelled my order. DONT FALL FOR THESE GUYS! COMPLETE SCAM! And for goodness sakes, dont give them your credit card number... thats why paypal is such a good option, which I dont think they offer."

modified review This review was modified by racingtime2006 on February 01 2009 02:39:38 PM

"Man I wish I had seen this web site earlier,Put in my order online on Dec. 9. My wife got the phone call to confirm order and would not buy the $49 battery for $99. She was told it would be 11 days because of back order. I called back to check on order 23 days later and was told it would be second week in April before it would be sent.Told the person on the other end to cancel my order.He asked if there was anything else he could do for me,I told him "no I don't think you clowns were going to give it to me for that price anyway".He said sir we do record these calls. I told him GOOD then pull up the recording where you told my wife it would only be 11 days before it was sent! I got hung up on."

"AWFUL AND DECEITFUL COMPANY. THIS WAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED.
I WAS HUNG UP ON, LIED TO SO THAT STEVE COULD GET AN UPSELL AND THEN EVEN WHEN ASKED TO SPEAK WTH THE MANAGER KEVIN, HE WAS AS RUDE,CLASSLESS AND UNEDUCATED AS HIS EMPLOYEES.IF YOU DON'T WANT A HASSLE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. I THOUGHT THEY HAD GREAT DEALS BUT, IF YOU SEARCH THE WEB YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING JUST AS GOOD OR BETTER.
THIS WE THE BIGGEST HASSLE EVER AND I'M KICKING MYSELF FOR TRUSTING SUCH A DECEITFUL COMPANY.

"I just wanted to salute the service provided by ResellerRatings and the guys who wrote reviews of this outfit. I placed an order for a camcorder at a shockingly attractive price. Shoulda known then it was too good to be true. Then, somehow, I found ResellerRatings and looked this company up. I found all these highly negative reviews posted -- and two hours later used the company's email function to cancel the order. Even at that, I still got the "call us to confirm your order" email message. I called and spoke to some human there and cancelled the order.
But ResellerRatings and all you reviewers kept me from having my own bad time with this company. I ordered the product from B&H, which I know is the most reputable of all the online suppliers out there. Just wanted to say thanks to ResellerRatings and its contributors!
Doc Pingree

modified review This review was modified by Fiddler1 on February 08 2009 10:52:29 AM

"These guys are a complete scam. They actually told me that they are from India and they come to this country because Americans are easy to ripoff. He literally told me that they come here and try to get all of our money so they can make their country wealthy. I'm not sure if they just want to steal your credit card info or if they will only sell you an item at their huge discount prices if you buy the rest of the over-inflated accessories/svc plan. As soon as you say,"No thanks" to the other stuff then your item is all of a sudden on backorder indefinitely. Call them and ask where your order is and you will get the automatic answer,"it's on backorder, what do you want me to do." You don't even have to tell them your name or order number. Someone please shut them down."

"WARNING !!!! This is the same company:
www.86photovideo.com
www.ontimedigital.com
shopdigitaldirect.com
soniccameras.com
myrtleelectronics.com
digitalsfuture.com
lensesnmore.com
www.closeoutgenius.com ( GENIUS )
slrgenius.com
cellulargenius.com
receivergenius.com
navigenius.com
cameragiantsinc.com

Suppliers to avoid like the plague? - http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7593_102-0.html?forumID=58&threadID=99394&messageID=1140513&tag=forums06;forum-threads

modified review This review was modified by faa on February 02 2009 03:02:24 AM

"I wish I had known about this website before ordering from 86th Street Photo. The lowest price is not always the best price! I ordered a Panasonic TZ-5 digital camera from them because their price was low and their site had the appearance of a reputable dealer with many five star, gold awards. These awards must be self proclaimed and bogus because their treatment of my order left me very unsatisfied and it seems that I am not alone in this boat.

After placing the order online, I received an email saying that I needed to verify my order by calling them on the phone. That phone call was nothing more than a sales pitch to try and sell me an overpriced battery and memory card. I declined both and was told that my order would be processed and I would receive an email when the camera shipped. Two weeks later, and no word from them, I called to check the status of my order. I was told that this camera was oversold and would not be available for another two months, even though their site showed the camera in stock and available in 1 to 2 days. I was given the options of backordering or canceling. It was a no brainer at this point and I cancelled the order.

What disturbs me about this experience is that they have my credit card information and I don't know what to do now except cancel my card and get another one.

If time is money, this has been a waste of both. Life is just too short and the water rises.

"This Company are Crook's. just look at their ratings. i ordered on Jan.22nd on their web page and then called to see when i could recieve the item which was a Garmin 760 and the sales person tried to pressure me into buying a bunch of over priced add on items but i only wanted the gps system its self with the parts that was provided from Garmin. was told they would let me know when it would be shipped. on Jan 26th i emailed to ask when it would ship. then on Jan 27th i recieved an email saying my order was canceled without no explaination. just like all the other 35 pages of dissatified customers. if thie is not Fraud then i nee"

"This company are the BIGGEST CONS in the business. Shop at your own peril. They will "upgrade" you with extras that extremely overpriced.

The camera they sent me has problems with a dark spot showing and the "Warranty" company seems to be just as shady.... obviously the same family with NO SCRUPLES when it comes to customer service.

"Just a quick NEGATIVE review to let everyone know that 86th St is still pulling their shenanigans. I ordered a Sony camera, rec'd an email verification that day, rec'd a second email the next day saying to call them.

When I called they tried to convince me the battery that is supplied w/the camera is only "20 minute demo" battery and that I needed to buy either the 8 hr battery (big bucks!) or, preferably "because it's a better deal", the 5 hour battery at only $89.00. After asking a few questions they offered to knock $20 off the battery price AND give me free shipping since my item is backordered for 3-5 weeks!

Their website showed the item is in stock, both when I ordered and when I double-checked a few minutes ago.

I canceled the order and rec'd a cancellation email within one minute after hanging up the phone.

What irks me is that Amazon, where I buy from quite often, had a pop-up offer on their site leading me to 86th St. I hope there is a way to alert Amazon as to who they are promoting.