"Did not receive package by end of specified time range. Seller unresponsive to my refund request; insisted it was "on its way." I followed the tracking on USPS. It was, and still is going around in circles one week later, literally. I had to file with Amazon's A-to-z guarantee. Amazon gave me a gift card within the hour for the full amount I paid to this fly-by-night book seller."

modified review This review was modified by dasrite on June 12 2013 01:54:52 PM

"I initially was very frustrated with the company but have since changed my opinion.

I purchased a text book that was supposed to have an online access code with it. This was listed as part of the title of the book. When I tried to use the code (which I needed for class) it was not even the correct length for the site. I contacted the company and was told that their codes are not guaranteed. However after a couple of emails the company agreed to reimburse me for the cost of purchasing the code as I had already started my class and could not return the book to them.

Good customer service.

modified review This review was modified by Kaffeine11 on June 11 2013 08:13:23 AM

"I ordered a book named "Labor and Legality: An Ethnography of a Mexican Immigrant Network (Issues of Globalization:Case Studies in Contemporary Anthropology)". The item took 2 weeks to ship despite paying for expedited shipping. When I emailed them I only got an automated reply. The item did not arrive on time. The product received was not the book but a cd set that does not even match the shipping label or isbn."

"Just wondering why Amazon allows this vendor to operate within their site. The single worst book buying experience ever. Book purchased on 1/14, here it is 1/21 and not even an acknowledgement of the 4 emails sent requesting a ship date and tracking info. We have cancelled the order."

"i ordered a book for school from textsbooksnow.com and two weeks later I still have no book. They do not respond to any emails...their website is down....not worth the hassle. I'm out $111 and now have to file and a-z claim with amazon in hopes of getting my money back."

"DON'T DO IT!
I ordered a textbook from Textbooksnow via Amazon.com on 1/9/13. The book was listed as "in stock" and promised next day shipping. I also paid for expedited shipping, as classes have started. On 1/12/13, one business day before I expected the book to arrive, I received an email telling me that the order had been cancelled due to the book being "out of stock." This put me in a severe bind in my Genetics class. I will NEVER buy a book from this company again.

After a long conversation with Amazon customer service, they took care of getting me another book via 1 day shipping and covered the price difference. Kudos to Amazon customer service! I hope Amazon bans this seller!

"I also should have looked closer before ordering from Textbooksnow on Amazon. they advertised two textnooks as available but after ordering a week ago I have not heard a thing and not been able to get htem to respond to email inquieries. I have even called the number listed on some business sites and can not get through. they definitely get an F"

"I ordered a book through Abe Books, which supplied the book through textbooksnow.. I got one (likely automatic) email that they received my purchase. I never received the follow up email that's supposed to be sent when the book ships. I never received the book.. I emailed them about my order & never heard a word back. I contacted Abe Books & they never heard anything back. Spend your money somewhere else.. Not worth the hassle."

"If I could give "negative" stars, I would.

I ordered 2 textbooks from textbooksnow via amazon. Received them 1/2/12. Dropped the classes so I didn't need the books. I received a shipping label for the box for my return package. Since there was no packing slip in the box, I typed a note indicating order number, reason for return, etc. Per their return policy, items may be returned within 30 days for a refund with no authorization required. I shipped the textbooks 1/9/12 via UPS. They signed for the package 1/11/12. My attempts to contact them have gone unanswered with the exception of one "canned" response from "Millie" stating their return/refund policy. (Apparently they don't read their emails.) I've received notification from amazon that a couple of my emails were "undeliverable." I have filed a claim with amazon, as well as with BBB. I regret that I didn't check their BBB rating first. I am submitting this feedback so that others don't make the same mistake I made by ordering from them.

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! THEY LIE! They provided me with a "tracking number" for one stop shipping and i tracked my package. It said it was delivered but it NEVER ARRIVED!! I sent them and email explaining that and they told me because they have it was delivered there was nothing they could do!! I checked the tracking a few days later and it had been erased!!! I sent them another e-mail and they would never respond to that one, just kept responding to the one where it showed delivered! THIS IS SUCH A SCAM!!! DO NOT RISK IT! "

modified review This review was modified by army3456 on March 03 2011 10:28:20 AM

"I would like to say my first order I had with ordering books was good but this one was awful. I paid 40.00 for a business plan book and when I recieved it all the pages from the inside were gone. The book is no goood without the innards, you need to have the whole book or its no good to me. I would have to say that when the book was returnred it wasnt checked back in ,because i still have the order form from the previous purchaser . She ordered it and then returned it but took all the pages out of the binder and then it was resold to me. So now i have a book with no insides."

modified review This review was modified by thenadee on December 11 2010 06:06:58 PM

"DO NOT RISK IT!! Check their "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau - many unresolved complaints. Wish I had been wise enough to check first!! Textbooksnow.com is a SCAM as far as my experience details.
I ordered a time sensitive material - it arrived late, and was the wrong material altogether. When I contacted them for correct material, Textbooksnow.com indicated that they did not have the book I ordered; the book they advertised and accepted money for. Then when I tried to return the wrong book, they returned it back to me indicating that I could not return it.
Awesome.

textbooksNow is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

textbooksNow is not a merchant member
textbooksNow does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!