Stores > textbooks.com
  • textbooks.com

7:00 am - 9:00pm Mon - Thur 7:00 am - 6:00pm Fri 8:00 am - 5:00pm Sat 12:00 pm - 4:00pm Sun (all
      877-292-6442
      800-866-0757
      help@textbooks.com
      877-292-6442

Product & services pricing Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
Voice your opinion! Review textbooks.com by clicking a star below.
2017-02-28

Dropped Shipping?!

"I recently bought a textbook from TextbookRush and I am satisfied with the product because it arrived in the mail in great condition. When I made the transaction online, I paid $61.47 by card. When I received it in the mail about a week later, the printed receipt that came attached to it said that the price was $21.99. Apparently, in the middle of the delivery process, the shipping dropped so I received a book replacement from another seller. I was not contacted about this at all, so I contacted TextbookRush via email and live chat. I was told the same thing both times. I was asking them if I was going to receive a refund because I didn't receive the book from the seller that sold it for $61.47. TextbookRush did a good job and getting back to me quickly, but they have not yet answered my question. It is not the seller's fault, the fault falls on TextbookRush. They failed to contact me about my order when the order changed. Not buying expensive textbooks from them anymore."

2017-01-27

Horrible Shipping

"I ordered a psychology book from this company and what was suppose to take two days to get to me ended up taking almost an entire week. I wish I would have known how slow they are at shipping things because I needed this textbook right away and was told I had two day shipping which would work out fine for me. If you are not in a huge hurry to get your books, they are a decent company but do not trust that they will get you the book in the time promised. "

2017-01-17

Scam

"I wish I had looked them up before but seeing as my book was a little old and they offered the most I went with them. I may have used the book once and after that it sat in a closet but according to them there was "water damage" in the top corner that caused a few pages to stick together so they refused to send me the money and gave me the option of getting the book back for $8.95. It's completely ridiculous, I know that book was in great condition and granted I was only getting about $13 for it I just don't want them to keep getting away with these claims and scamming other people for more money."

2017-01-02

Buyback Beware

"I returned my math loose leaf with an unused access card, no writing on pages, and they're refusing my Buyback saying it was damaged for missing a cardstock back cover. The first rep. was going to send details and a photo. Never did, now they're saying my book was the only one available so they can't send me details. I unwrapped their book and stuck it in a binder as is, used my dividers and sent to them to help someone else. So they want to trash a $166 book for one back cover that is not important for a student, but I'm upset because they did not follow through with the details. I believe the cardstock was used as a divider and they threw it out. So 667 pages of a neat and clean book is getting put in the trash. I will never use them again. I just bought $396 in books from another company. So for 3 years, another company will get my money and buy backs. They are not even trying to send pictures as stated or helping out by offering a discounted price for 1 back page missing. Poor customer service and they want money to return the book back to you. So, shop around with other companies that are supportive to students. I mean buy back $30, take $2.00 off for a missing nonimportant cardstock or anything. They just do not want to give refunds as promised. "

2016-12-23

Wow!!! Very Impressed!!!

"I ordered a textbook for school on 12-21-16 in the am. I was outside today (12-23-16) plugging in Christmas lights when the UPS truck pulled into my driveway. I was unbelievably impressed with the speed at which my book arrived. The book was a used book; however, it looked brand new. I usually don't take the time to write a review, but this time is an exception. Great work! I will be ordering from textbooks.com again in the very near future.

Thanks very much,
Rebecca M. Gaines

2016-10-03

I should have listened to the reviews....

"The worst company, they will steal your money. DON'T even think that if you buy with PayPal they will side with you, even if you have all the right, they will side with them.
They advertised access to a book, only to find that there was no book access.
BEWARE, you will lose your money!!!

2016-09-07

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE

"Paid an absurd amount of money for the book and for over night shopping and the book never showed. 2 weeks later I call and they do not help. Another week later I call everyday and not one person helps OR refunds my money. None of these people knows how to do their job. Nice and all but personality doesn't mean I get my fucking money back."

2016-08-03

RIPPED ME OFF

"they were supposed to send me 45 dollars which i really needed!!! and they sent me 6 dollars!!! i am so mad. there was nothing wrong with my books."

2016-05-20

Sell-back Rip off!

"They found nit-picky reasons to determine my books, which were in good/decent condition were ineligible for them to pay me, and said they would send them back to me if I paid them $6.25 shipping and handling. Seriously?! What a rip off scheme. Watch your email if you use them! You only have a few days to respond before they take your books for free for frivolous if not made up reasons, and undoubtedly they will sell them unashamedly. They say they recycle them--bullshit."

2016-04-19

I'll never sell/buy anything to/from textbooks.com

"I would highly recommend NOT to use any services of textbooks.com. I bought a brand-new book and just used it rarely during 3 months. When I decided to sell it back to textbooks.com, I was quite sure that the book looked like new and the code was not scratched. Later I received an email from textbooks.com saying that the book was not eligible because of lack of online code. I believed that that the code was intact, and I did not want to lose the book so I had to pay for return shipping. If the code had been scratched, I would have contacted the publishers website of the book to report this. When I got the book returned, the code was still intact, so the reason for the book being returned is not correct. I will NEVER USE ANY SERVICES OF TEXTBOOKS.COM, and RECOMMEND ALL OF MY FRIENDS NOT TO BUY/SELL HERE!"

2016-03-24

Wont Get Fooled Again

"Order a textbook 3 weeks before the start of my class. When I did not receive it and called, they told me it was through a 3rd party seller and that I would have to contact them directly & they (superbookdeals.com) have 18 business days to send me the book. Really, 18 business to ship a book! Never will I use or recommend these guys again."

2015-11-19

"At first I thought I wouldn't get my full quote amount, but after contacting the company and explaining the situation they held true to the quote. "

2015-10-01

"This is the most fraudulent site out there for any college students looking to buy cheaper books. The shipping was just horrendous, and my stuff came in 2 weeks!! later, even when I had done expedited shipping. Don't buy from this website, I recommend albiris or any other reliable sites. "

2015-09-23

"Received payment for 2 books."

2015-09-03

"Fabulous. I have been renting, buying and selling my textbooks here for 5 years. Super quick shipping and my orders are always correct. "

Share textbooks.com's store rating

textbooks.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

textbooks.com is not a merchant member
textbooks.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!