textbooks.com Reviews - textbooks.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.00/10 62 reviews

textbooks.com is not a merchant member
textbooks.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Sold 6 of my books online to them. Got a quote price of about $30, which was fine, as no other site was giving my that much money. Sent them the books and they email me back saying they can not accept 5 of the 6 books due to water damage. However, there was NO water damage on any of the books. The asked me to make a payment of $15 for shipping to get the books back. It seems like a scam to me, so I'll just be taking the $9 they decided to give me for one of my books they actually "accepted"."

modified review This review was modified by ajji on April 10 2014 03:04:41 PM

"My microeconomics book with website access was almost $300 at the school and around $250 everywhere else online. Textbooks .com had it for $150 but I was really hesitant to by it from them given all of the bad reviews. I received the book extremely fast and in perfect condition, but after I had removed the shrink wrap my teacher changed the required material for class to another book and website. I had not even opened the book or taken the shrink wrap off of the access code. There were stickers on the book's shrink wrap stating that "under no condition would the book be returnable if removed". When I called Textbooks.com almost in tears, the operator told me to send the book & code back and if it was still in perfect condition (which it was) they would refund my money, or at least give me buy back cost (they were not currently even buying this book back). Well, less then a week after they had received the package back at their warehouse, I was reimbursed for the entire cost of the items! I will definitely use their website again and couldn't be happier with their customer service:)"

modified review This review was modified by MessiJessi on January 23 2014 02:35:28 PM

"I sent my book valued at ~$30 to this company. They refused to buy it and did not send the book back. This is modern day SCAM.
You can read their reply to my return request below:

CASE_ID_NO: 6187737

Hello,
As stated in our buyback FAQ, once an item has been received by us we cannot return the item to the customer who sent it. Per the agreement as outlined when you created the buyback, you indicated that you read and understood our purchasing policies as outlined in our FAQ.
Even though it is not our policy to send back books once received, if we are contacted within seven days from the day we received the order, we may be able to let you pay shipping prices to get book back. If we are not contacted about sending books back within that time frame, the items are recycled or donated to make room for new buyback books. We do apologize, but the book has already been recycled or donated.

Lora

modified review This review was modified by IbrahimS on January 22 2014 12:59:35 PM

"I had very POOR experience with them. Bought a $80 textbook (works out to be about £48) and when it came the packaging was ripped and the book was torn. Contacted them for a partial as I required it for university and the refund as the postage to send it back to them was the same as the price of the book! Received no reply and eventually escalated to Paypal.

Got a response but there wasn't even an apology!!!! Just sent me the address to return the book and nothing else. Rude customer service. PLEASE don't buy from them, horrendous! So in conclusion I didn't end up getting a partial refund and I had to keep the tattered textbook.

There's a reason why they're not participating at ResellerRatings it's because they're a horrible horrible company.

modified review This review was modified by Ali-Hinds on November 10 2013 01:49:16 AM

"Received books from Textbooks.com and then my son's classes were changed. I returned the books via USPS and (surprise) Textbooks.com sends me an email stating that they received an empty box. If the box was empty how do they know it was from me or what my account number is? They have been unable to show proof that the box was damaged or that there was any notes on the box from USPS stating that the contents were missing. I am now out $110.00 and will never, ever order from them again. I hope this review will warn others not to order from Textbooks.com"

modified review This review was modified by gracie01 on September 21 2013 09:06:58 AM

"Absolutely no customer service and no response to enquirers

My advise , Never opt or pay for expedited delivery , as they don't expedite or even care update the buyer.
I bought an item and paid on 7 Aug 2013 including for expedited delivery,which they promised to delivery by 13 Aug 2013 to Australia.But the item was not even dispatched from Malaysia warehouse until 13 Aug 2013 morning , and I received on 16 Aug 2013. That delivery date fits with the standard delivery but not expedited .Worst of all,they never responded to any of my email chasing the item.I asked for a refund as they did not expedite the delivery but no response.
I don't recommend these guys,luckily I received my item,but I was worried to the point they may not even send it.You dont want spend money on someone that irresponsible.

modified review This review was modified by oneskyvault on August 21 2013 04:17:23 AM

"Total ripoff. Stole the online card the book came with and when contacted said tough. Do not use this company, totally shady."

modified review This review was modified by xcytabl on June 06 2013 02:38:49 PM

"I ordered my books used, with the knowledge that they would in fact be used. I expected signs of wear, and that's exactly what I received. One of the books had tape to help hold it together, but I didn't mind, as long as it wasn't falling apart. The books were extremely reasonable, and I'm happy with their service. I saved money and enjoyed every single book I've bought from them as much as if they were brand spanking new....But with a little extra cash in my pocket."

"Just in case the 50 something 1 star reviews haven't convinced you, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, purchase books from this so called business. I purchased a textbook on 1/16/13 and after a few weeks sent an e-mail asking what was up, the tracking number provided wasn't working (meaning they didn't ship), they replied stating that they did indeed ship the item but it was never scanned so thats why tracking didn't show. Liars. It's nearly a month later and still no book, just sent another e-mail demanding a refund, wish I would have seen these reviews at this website first."

modified review This review was modified by lambjacobc on February 10 2013 11:20:03 AM

"I wish I had read the reviews for textbooks.com ahead of time because I would've known to avoid them. Unfortunately, I ordered through one of their independent marketplace sellers "AmazingbooksM" and got totally screwed. Never received any order confirmation and 1 week later, my order is still "in progress." There was no contact info provided by textbooks.com either. When I called the customer service line, I first got hung up on after an automatic message was played. Then I got hung up on a second time when I waited to speak to a service agent. I managed to reach someone on my third try and she give me the email of this shady seller which happened to be a personal yahoo email address from the UK. I am livid and extremely behind on my reading. Will NEVER order from them again."

"I placed an order for my son on December 31st/2012 and got one of the books for that order right before school started but the other book from the "sellers" (Clickgoodwill)did not arrived and I cannot get a phone number from textbooks.com in order to call about my book! They charged me right away for the book but to this day we do not have the book, a number, an email to find out about the book. Horrible service! The same day I order from textbooks.com (Chegg) and that book arrived within a week. Very different services. Now textbooks.com gave me an email to that merchant which does not work, I called them back, they gave me another email to "try". Today is the 24th of January and they claim the book still has 16 days to arrive "from the time they shipped it". Which was when? I do not know and they do not know! So they are going to call their merchant to ask. At this point I do not want the book, we ordered another book from Amazon.com they are fast and great! I ordered a book on the 22nd of Jan and it arrived today for my son! That is fast and great costumer service. Very disappointed with textbooks.com and who they have to sell books through their website. I am not sure I will want to order from them again if the merchants they use are not responsible and expect us to pay for their irresponsibility and inability to do business the correct way. At this point I was told if the book ships or was shipped, I will have to pay the shipping charges to ship it back. This is ridiculous specially if they have 2 business days to ship and it has not arrived yet. It is obvious it was not sent within those 2 business days and I should not be responsible for the shipping charges "if" it was every shipped and very late. "

"I found this site due to it's low prices and was a little suspicious, but after looking at the mostly positive reviews I decided to order from them. My book came yesterday (2 days early) and is in even better than 'good' shape. I rarely write reviews but this is something I would have liked to have seen when contemplating my purchase. "

"I always check reviews of other websites before I order anywhere besides Amazon. Well, in this one case I did not and unfortunately it did NOT work out in my favor. I can not believe I ordered my books 11 days ago and they are still not here. My first class date has passed and I was unable to comlete the assignment because I did not have my books. And I still don't! I could not even check the tracking because it was not updated until TODAY, mind you, I ordered 11 days ago. pathetic. I will never order from them again! If I could give zero stars, I would!"

"DO NOT BUY YOUR SCHOOL TEXTBOOKS FROM TEXTBOOKS.COM
They take their sweet old time shipping. I was left waiting for my college textbook, I had to drop out of my college class because they did not deliver my textbook in a timely manner... in fact I am still waiting and it is STILL being transported to the Delivery service!!! It's not even in the hands of who is delivering it to me!

"Ordered a book and had no idea whether it was delivered or not because they never updated the delivery status on the website. Finally had to contact the post office to get my package but by then so much time had passed that I decided to return the book for a refund. First textbooks.com e-mails me telling me when to expect the refund, and then they tell me that they received a damaged and empty package. No, wait, that's not all! When prompted as to how the package could possibly be damaged when I returned it, they change their story and insist that they only got a wet label that smelled like smoke. Are you kidding me? SO no refund for me and for reasons I'm not even sure of seeing as they gave me two different excuses.

Do yourself a favour and stay away from this company.