• textbooks.com

• Address: 2711 W Ash St Columbia, MO
    • Contact: help@textbooks.com
    • Phone: 877-292-6442
    • Customer Support: 877-292-6442
    • Business Hours: 7:00 am - 9:00pm Mon - Thur 7:00 am - 6:00pm Fri 8:00 am - 5:00pm Sat 12:00 pm - 4:00pm Sun (all
    • Fax: 800-866-0757

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Fabulous. I have been renting, buying and selling my textbooks here for 5 years. Super quick shipping and my orders are always correct. "

"First you need to know I like giving good reviews, but this textbook website is truly terrible. They sent me the wrong textbook, and now they are only going to give me 50% back, if I return the textbook. Please be wise and do no use this website."

This review was modified by tsb5tom on August 26 2015 09:09:51 AM

Never never trust them in their buy back program because they will stole your book. They received your book and said the book is damage, so you lost your book. Infact, it happened to me and i like to get my book back, but they charge me 12.50 for shipping. This is non sense because i have to pay for my book.

This review was modified by trinhmai on July 21 2015 03:02:48 PM

"DO NOT USE TEXTBOOKS.COM. I promise, you WILL regret it. I paid extra for 2nd day air shipping, and I recieved my book a week later. Their customer service is a joke. They made NO attempt to rectify the situation. THEN, when I finally had book in hand, I realized that what they said was "excellent" condition, was in fact scribbled in, torn, tattered, and worthless. Use another site. If I could give them 0/5 I would."

This review was modified by britneygalles on June 30 2015 07:29:11 AM

"Do not, I repeat DO NOT buy or rent from this company, they have horrible customer service and will take your money. I ordered a book from them in January followed their return policy and still have not gotten a refund for my book. They claim they did not receive it."

This review was modified by Bamagirl14 on February 20 2015 07:06:55 AM

"textbooks.com did not specify an item enough. When I got the access code for a course, it could not be used because the website did not describe the correct version of it. They told me they would not give me a refund or any type of compensation because the mistake lies on me. Now I have this expensive but useless piece of junk lying at home. Terrible terrible place to buy your books. I would not recommend buying from this website. Avoid at all costs."

This review was modified by jasonxubw on February 16 2015 03:26:30 PM

"Customer service is terrible. "

This review was modified by Jrgolshan on February 04 2015 01:44:32 PM

"Bought a book....waited.....when I inquired on the shipping status, "oh, we cancelled your order, because we are out of stock, but forgot to tell you".....
yeah, will try to avoid this site, future forward. Not much better from Valorebooks. same book, at least they told me the next day that they cancelled the order, again because the SPECIFIC book that I ordered was out of stock. If you sell it, take it off line!

"They stink, I sold them a book I bought used in good condition. They sent me an email that my book was damaged "code exposed" They are charging me 6.25 to send it back to me and get this IT MIGHT NOT EVEN BE THE BOOK I SENT THEM. Horrible service, How do they even know if the one I sent them was damaged. They will keep the better book and send me a damaged book."

"Getting the book, and returning it i had no problems; however, after I returned it well within the due date, and received a tracking confirmation, my card got charged with an email saying that it was an automatic charge since they never got it. when I called customer service, they just sent me to chegg with no explaination.... no good at customer service. very unhappy."

This review was modified by unhappywithreturn on January 05 2015 08:53:42 AM

"Purchased a book from this site that was listed as leather bound very good condition and paid $40. What I received was a tattered very used paperback edition valued at about $15 when new. When I asked if I could get the right book they said it was not available. "

This review was modified by kenreid85 on October 14 2014 01:10:03 PM

"I paid extra for 2-3 day delivery since I needed the textbook for a class. I contacted textbooks.com a week later to let them know that my book had not arrived. Do not waste your money on quicker shipping charges that are not honored by this company. I will not buy from this company in the future, but buy directly from the bookstore who sent the textbook anyway. "

This review was modified by Chelini on September 29 2014 09:40:40 PM

"Awful! I ordered an online connect access code that didn't work. I did not purchase an access code for over $90 to have it declined because apparently it has already been used. I should have listened to the negative (but truthful) comments and just ordered it elsewhere. Will never be purchasing another item from textbooks.com, that's for sure. Disappointed."

"This is additional information, please see my full review below, it starts with "I ordered ... on 27 August 2014 ... "

Further, the book was listed as US edition, and when I get it today it is used international edition. Brand new edition of this book can be obtained from ebay for only $31.00 + free shipping while I paid $54.37 for used, this is in addition to the all I explained. If the management of textbook.com market exists, I need this money back please.

"Hassle. Period. Whereas CengageBrain is a great and reliable site for textbooks, you'd think that the site that owns the domain for TEXTBOOKS would be even better. That is not the case here. Unfortunately, CengageBrain did not have the book for my Comm class in their catalogue so I had to look elsewhere. Textbooks.com seemed like the obvious alternative and I was pleased that they did rentals. However, I was making the order on my smartphone and the site kept bugging when I clicked continue after the first parts of entering my personal information and it took me back to step 1 all over again. This happened 6 times before I could even enter my credit card info! Plus, the only shipping that was eligible with my book was the standard ground rate that will take 8 business days to get here. The site said they offer different forms of expedited shipping that I would have been glad to pay for, but now I'm stuck for the moment writing this review. Another aspect that is a dealbreaker in favour of CengageBrain is that they offer a free eBook of your textbook while it ships. This was very convenient and an overall sensible customer-oriented move that should be a no-brainer for other vendors to emulate. Textbooks.com does not offer this helpful amenity so at the moment I am behind on my Comm reading.

Very displeased overall with Textbooks.com. I came to them as a last resort and it looks like it will stay that way.

Share textbooks.com's store rating

textbooks.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

textbooks.com is not a merchant member
textbooks.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!