Stores > Summit Racing Equipment

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.75/10 1.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.36/10 1.36/10
Voice your opinion! Review Summit Racing Equipment by clicking a star below.
2017-10-14

Terrible customer service

"Horrible experience, will not order from summit again."

2017-09-27

Unable to fill order for 6 months.

"Ordered crowsfoot wrenches on 4/12/2017 from summitracing. Today is sept 25 2017. Called summitracing when order will be filled. Summit racing cannot guarentee order fullfillment but was paid for in full 6 months ago. If they cannot get wrench order straight God help you if you have big order such as a crate motor or trans. If they cant get small things straight would i want to order my crate motor from them. Hell no!!! Buyers beware from this company. They cannot guarentee what you pay for. Requested refund today. Waiting to see if they actually get this straight. Do not buy from them ... unreliable. "

2017-09-10

SUMMIT RACING - COMPANY PROTECTS FRAUDULENT CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

"My wife identified fraudulent Summit Racing charges on our credit card, which prompted a conversation with a Summit Racing manager. Understandably, Summit Racing required us to provide our names, address, credit card and phone numbers to verify our identity before discussing the transaction. Once our identity was verified by Summit Racing, we confirmed the charges to my credit card were fraudulent. Summit Racing refused to provide the shipping address used by the person who made the fraudulent charges to my credit card. The manager who only identified himself as Gibs, advised he could not provide me the shipping address associated with my credit card because release of that information could make Summit Racing liable for providing the shipping address of the person who fraudulently charged my credit card. I expressed my outrage at Summit Racing requiring confirmation of my credit card ownership before discussing fraudulent charges on my credit card, but aggressively protecting the shipping address of the criminal who fraudulently charged my credit card. The Summit Racing policy challenges and forces the customer, while protecting the identity of the criminal. As a military and law enforcement family with 45 years in the Army and 21 years of state and federal law enforcement experience, my wife and I find the policy of Summit Racing to be absolutely outrageous. Summit Racing's policy actually emboldens criminal activity instead of deterring it. American families deserve better, please take your business elsewhere. "

2017-09-03

Wait for my order

"I order parts back in April and I still have not seen them I call and all I get is they are backed order!!!!!!!!!
With at big as Summitracing is you would thinks they could get something done!!!!! My race season is done because of summit racing good prices very very bad service to customers!!!!!!!!
Thank you Summit racing !!!!!!!!!!!!
For end my season !!!!!!!

2017-08-17

Misleading Catalog Ad - Rude Customer Service

"I purchased a Eddie Motorsports Hood Latch Components MS276-10S which was pictured as the entire latch, however all I received was a spring. Nothing in their catalog page, https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ems-ms276-10s, mentioned that it is for only a spring and not the assembly shown. When I contacted their customer service they said I should have known and it was just too bad. I could send the item back and get a refund - but the shipping was mire than the part!

No more Summitt Racing for me.

2017-07-31

GM Crate Motor Purchase

"I purchased a GM Performance 350 Crate Motor in December 2016, installed it into my 56 Chevy Pickup. We experienced a very wet winter/spring in the PNW and didn't get a chance to drive the truck very much until April and May timeframe. I started driving the truck as much as I could, weather permitting and at about 300 miles on the motor I noticed a big puff of blue smoke out of the passenger exhaust. Talking with my car buddies, alot of them said that maybe the rings have not seated yet. I continued to drive it on short trips and the problem didn't go away, it just got worse. Pulled the spark plugs and number 8 cylinder plug was very wet with oil and the motor started puffing out blue clouds of smoke about every 10-15 miles.
I called Summit and spoke with their tech folks and they told me that they couldn't help me, I had to call GM and talk with them about their warranty. The GM representative that I spoke with was helpful until he ask me what shop put in the motor and I told him that myself and two other friends that are very well experienced put the motor in the truck, well is tone changed and became very rude. He eventually gave me a case number and said take to any GM dealership and have them evaluate the problem.
I called 5 GM dealerships and only one would even talk to me about warranty work on a Crate Motor, the dealership is an hour from my home. I drove my truck to the dealer and they had the truck for two weeks before calling me to tell me that I needed to pick the truck up and pull the motor and bring it back to them in two weeks to work on the motor, they said it had excessive blow-by. I picked up the truck, pulled the motor and took it back two weeks later. Now a month has gone by and they have had it for 2 1/2 weeks until they finally got the engine apart to diagnose the problem. They called me and said the rings are bad and the gaps are to big. They told me they don't do engine work at the dealership and were sending it to a Machine shop for final diagnosis. I called today 7 weeks after this nightmare began and they finally got approval from GM to fix the problem. I called Summit Racing about this over a week ago and explained this situation to them, to see if they could call GM and apply some pressure to fixing this situation and the only thing that Summit did was to send me a SURVEY, really, great service after the sell. Very disappointed with GM Crate Motors, their warranty and Summit Racing. Dan Dearing Vancouver, WA.

2017-07-19

Holley sniper kit big summit lie!!

" I called summit racing and ask them if the sniper EFI would work with a supercharger the tech told me that yes it would work because it has a two bar map sensor wish to find out from the Dino guy after I installed it all and brought it there to Dino that sniper EFI does not work with blow through applications or superchargers now they say that they don't have a record of conversation of me talking to them about it.
And now that I have installed it they will not return it although I was told it would work for what application I was going to use this for!

2017-06-21

Wasted time.

"I spent 30 minutes on the phone first waiting for a person to speak with, then having them (sales, technical and returns dept.) tell me the warranty for a $800. plus fuel injection pump is through the re-manufacturer (Delphi) and I cannot get a copy of warranty until I purchase part. Yeah right!"

2017-06-19

Great service !

"Great place to buy your parts !! Fast and reliable.. I ordered my parts on Saturday afternoon, and on Monday I had my parts. Good job summit racing equipment ! "

2017-06-01

damaged

"My package arrived extremely damaged and covered in different kinds of tape. Once i opened the package, parts were missing. I called summit and they are sending me a new winch but it is greatly delaying my build. Customer service was helpful but is upsetting to see that they would ship out a part in such poor shape with pieces missing. They have very poor quality control."

2017-05-29

**** CUSTOMER SERVICE .....................

"THEY DONT KEEP ANYTHING IN STOCK ..................GO ELSEWHERE ........... THEY S-CK !! THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE !! WHAT CAN I SAY THERE A TERRIBLE COMPANY !!"

2017-05-10

Poor customer service

"Alright I called summits tech line and talked to a guy named Terry about some parts for an engine that I'm building for my 93 Chevy truck. I wanted to build a more powerful street engine you see, but terry proceeds to tell me that it's illegal to do that on a late model vehicle. I told me he didn't have time for me, did you get that, he didn't have time for me, now this is the tech line, you know the guys that are supposed to help you out. Nope not terry he judged said no so if you're building an engine don't call summit they ****!"

2017-04-29

once you pay you don't exist

"they will sell you something they don't even have
then tell you "we can't say when it will ship'
you cancel order - THEN it immediately ships
of course by now you've already got the part somewhere else
BECAUSE YOU NEEDED IT
they couldn't care less

2017-04-20

SUMMIT RACING HORRIBLE SERVICE - ITP TIRES MADE IN NOT MADE IN USA AS CLAIMED

"SUMMIT RACING WOULD NOT POST MY REVIEW - I SUBMITTED IT TO SUMMIT RACING NUMEROUS TIMES SO NOW I AM POSTING IT EVERYWHERE ELSE TO HELP BUYERS MAKE AN EDUCATED PURCHASE ..........

I PURCHASED "ITP" TIRES FROM SUMMIT RACING (FOR A HIGHER PRICE) BECAUSE THE ITP WEBSITE STATES:
"ITP tires are proudly designed and developed at its two American tire facilities in Clinton, Tenn., and Jackson, Tenn. ITP tires are currently produced in its manufacturing facility in Clinton, TN. Why is that important? Because we believe in American ingenuity and the quality of the products that only comes from being manufactured in the United States."

THE TIRES I RECEIVED ARE CLEARLY MARKED "MADE IN CHINA" AND ARE SIMPLY A CARLISLE TURF SAVER TIRE THAT I COULD HAVE BOUGHT LOCALLY FOR UNDER 20.00 EACH. I DIDN'T WANT A CHINESE TIRE SO I SEARCHED OUT A USA MADE TIRE. AFTER WAITING A WEEK FOR THEM TO ARRIVE I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO USE THEM AS MY 4 ACRE YARD HAD TO BE MOWED

SUMMIT RACING DIDN'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE THE COUNTY OF ORIGIN WAS NOT LISTED ON THE SUMMIT WEBSITE. THERE IS A LINK ON THE SUMMIT WEBSITE TO THE ITP WEBSITE WHICH IS WHERE I FOUND THE INFO STATING "PROUDLY MADE IN USA"
ACCORDING TO SUMMIT WEBSITE THE ORDER WAS SUPPOSED TO SHIP FROM THE MANUFACTURER THE NEXT DAY . THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN. IT TOOK 4 DAYS TO SHIP AND 8 DAYS TO RECEIVE THE SHIPMENT.
THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SIMPLY HORRIBLE. THE CUSTOMER REPS ARE A POOR EXCUSE AT BEST. VERY VERY POOR RECEPTION TO MY CONCERNS AND COULD CARE LESS ABOUT FIXING THE PROBLEM
IT TOOK FOREVER ON HOLD(MORE THAN 20 MINUTES) EACH PHONE CALL TO SUMMIT TO SPEAK TO A PERSON ABOUT THE INCORRECT INFO AND THE SITUATION I WAS NOW IN
I HAD OVER 2 HOURS TOTAL PHONE TIME AFTER NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS
I GIVE SUMMIT A POOR (NEGATIVE 2 STAR) RATING FOR SELLING A TIRE FROM A MANUFACTURER WHO LIES ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS AND THEN NOT WILLING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT WHEN THEY ARE CONFRONTED WITH THE FACTS. THE SUMMIT REP ALSO TOLD ME THAT HE COULD SEE THAT THE TIRES ARE MADE IN CHINA ON THE INFORMATION THAT HE COULD SEE. WHEN I ASKED WHY THIS INFO WAS NOT LISTED ON THE SUMMIT WEBSITE FOR THE PUBLIC TO VIEW HE HAD NO ANSWER.
I REALLY TRIED FROM EVERY ASPECT TO FIND SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT THIS WHOLE EXPERIENCE BUT CAN NOT GIVE MY APPROVAL FOR THIS BEING ACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES. I WILL WAIT TO SEE IF SUMMIT OR ITP TIRES CONTACT ME ABOUT THIS REVIEW

2017-03-31

Wrong parts and damaged parts

"I order more than $1,500 in parts for a car I am rebuilding. The first order they sent me wrong parts. I had to ship them back and wait 2 weeks to get the correct parts. I contacted them to find out they would not do anything about the damaged headers. The dent in the header looked like it might be a design for the spark plug. Due to my honesty with letting them know that I did in fact put it on they told me they could not do anything. I sent them pictures showing the damage and that it was damaged before the ceramic coating. They said it didn't matter. They wanted me to wait 2 more weeks to send me a replacement. So, learn from me. Buy local and avoid this poor service."

Share Summit Racing Equipment's store rating

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member
Summit Racing Equipment does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!