Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

" Applies to website only, wanted to purchase a Toshiba Chromebook 2 (2014 model) placed the order on 12/04/2104, item showed "in stock, ready to ship" so I elected to ship to store since it contained a lithium battery...
Their list of available stores to choose from for Grafenwoehr did not contain the main PX but a small furniture store located on the adjoining base Vilseck. When we selected the PXTRA on Vilseck it showed NO actual address which was my first concern... the order went through and it remained "in process" for a week. Being that we are in Germany I decided to try and use their chat option, it showed offline every day except once (I got lucky). Found out that the ONLY reason my order has been stuck in this status was due to a incomplete address. So after explainIng that it was listed incorrectly on their site she noted the main PX as the ship to address and even told me they would price match with Best buy...I was told that I should see a change in a few days... another week goes by...no change... I called, first time and am told that the order will ship on the 19th... I had a tough time understanding why an in stock item would need over 2 weeks to ship but ok... another day goes by and I get an email letting me know my order was canceled. I am furious now so I call again and am being told that this item was being shipped directly from a Vendor and that they didn't know when they would ship the item.. I went on and expressed my disatisfaction on this ordeal and that legally one can't receive funds for merchandise unless the merchandise is available to ship. I've worked in retail this is some sneaky BS. So after all of that the CSR hung up on me. I checked their site a few days later and by a miracle they removed the 2014 model of the Toshiba Chromebook 2 @ $329.00 and only show the older model @ $249.00 as in stock...but is it really?! To my surprise the order is still processing as of today 12/18/2014 even though I have received notification of it being canceled. I will NEVER attempt to order anything from their ecommerce site in the future as they clearly don't actively mange inventory levels, internal addresses or man their advertised customer service chat... very disappointing.

modified review This review was modified by peggy_helie on December 18 2014 01:02:43 AM

"Bought a TV trying to save a trip on FT Gordon. Ordered the TV from the website when it listed the item as "In stock". After a day I decided to cancel my order. I called the 800 number and was told that since the order was being dropped shipped from another vendor that I was not allowed to cancel my order. I decied to wait it out and have them ship the TV. A week has gone by and the TV still shows "Processing order". I called back and pleaded to stop my order so I could just walk in the store and pick one up which had 4 on the shelfs... The customer service rep again said I would have to wait till they ship it to my house and deny the package and wait for it to go back to the vendor. BEWARE in stock is not IN STOCK... That is a false misleading claim to get you to order then they locked you in from trying to stop the order. "

modified review This review was modified by cwindsor2003 on November 17 2014 07:58:58 AM

"THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THEIR WEBSITE - NOT PHYSICAL STORES
So disappointed. Ordered items on Black Friday with the expectation that items would be shipped in a timely manner. It's December 11 and still have not shipped and their customer service says they have no implied guarantee of getting items out before Christmas. WHAT?!?! Now, I have paid for items that won't be under the tree unless I pay for them AGAIN from another store in the hopes of getting them delivered to Germany in time for Christmas. Completely wrong!

"I use the local PX (more like a troop store) quite a bit, simply because a trip into town would use up my entire lunch break and more gas. It not because the food is good or the prices are so much lower.

I've tried to use their website several times after they emailed me promotions, but the items I wanted never qualified for the promotions. Seems like a cheap tactic to me. The design of the site is poor too. I get the reasoning for logging in before I shop is so that non-military and non-military family members don't shop there, but can't they do that during the checkout process so I don't have to waste time logging in and end up not buying anything? It took me a while to get the hang of using the website and I'm quite internet savvy. No doubt the people who run the site were either ordered to do it or they got the job because of their PT score and combat experience rather than knowledge and ability.

I don't even bother checking prices on the site anymore hoping to get a deal. I can never find enough to order to make it worthwhile. Maybe one day the site will be better, but change in the military always moves slower than a T-28 tank and any improvements take years.

Army & Air Force Exchange is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Army & Air Force Exchange is not a merchant member
Army & Air Force Exchange does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!