Stores > Planet Shoes

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"This is a very good site for those who would like a better selection of shoes than a retail store and may possibly need special shoes for foot troubles or simply like comfy shoes! many are quite stylish and actually anyone can purchase just about anything you see in retail. I will preface that with they are not in to fashion shoe trends or the unusual heels you see for occasions, but everyday shoes they are great!
having to wear orthotics in my shoes now due to an injury, i can find a wide selection of options in the women's shoes from Flats to dress to boots. the shoes come in a timely fashion and well packaged. i have returned a pair or two but the refund is handled quickly.
Give it a try, the brands are top notch.

"To start off with the Phone customer service was very Good. But I ordered a pair of New Balance Shoes and waited 4 Days for a Shipping notice to be Emailed to me. After 4 Days I called on the phone. The lady told me the shoes were coming from a different warehouse and she did not know when they would be shipped. You would think if a Company knows a product is gonna be delayed they would at least Email you and tell you they are delayed. I never received any email notification except the one stating they had received my order. I promptly cancelled my order and now i'm crossing my finger hoping my money goes back on my card."

"I read reviews before doing business with this site though I have to be honest - my experience was far better than those that offered previous reviews. I ordered a pair of shoes that shipped quickly (for free, since it was a purchase over $50). The shoes didn't quite fit so I ordered a size up and sent the first pair back. The second pair that arrived were the wrong color, which was frustrating, however the customer service rep was professional and accommodating. She offered to either overnight me the correct color free of charge, or to refund me $20 bucks for the pair that I received. I opted to keep the wrong color for the cheaper price and my refund and my return were both processed in a timely manner. Minus the mistake in my second order - I found this company to be very professional and I'd do business with them again. "

"Don't want to spend another hour writing about these shysters, as I've already wasted too much of my precious time dealing with them.

Long story short, they sent me a BRIGHT ORANGE pair of shoes when I'd ordered a light blue. Two emails were simply ignored. I was forced to talk to one of their retards, who was as rude as can be. When I insisted that I needed a UPS pickup because this was, after all, THEIR MISTAKE, the idiot (who refused to tell me his name) placed me on "hold," which was just his way of hanging up but he was too pussy to do THAT, since maybe his shyster boss man was listening in.

There was no return label in the package, just this VERY WRONG, UGLY pair of shoes that you wouldn't pay $10 for at Salvation Army.

I will be taking this to the BBB & to my attorney. I'm done with playing Nice Guy with these kinds of shysters.

"BUYER BEWARE. False advertising if you ask me. At the top of the website, in bold print, it said, "Free Shipping Over $49 & Free Returns." No asterisk, no fine print, no re-direct to the Shipping/Returns page for exceptions. I had to waste over $30 and lots of my precious time to try on a pair of shoes that didn't fit and then return them. I'm in Hawaii. Competitor, Zappos, recognizes that we are part of the United States, not "overseas" (as Planet Shoes calls it). And it took 23 days for my order to arrive. No one notified me of a shipping delay. I say don't bother.

"Service is bad ordered shoes 27th May. Nothing happened until 5th June after chasing them. I am in Canada Halifax until 13th June when I leave for the UK. No update on shipping to the hotel I am staying at. Halifax is just across the border from MA. Why it should take so long I do not know.

I ordered to UK from USA before and it was quicker. If the shoes arrive at hotel after I leave what happens?

Do I get my money back?

"The right shoe was bigger than the left shoe in the pair of shoes I bought. I checked the imprint and both were the same size according to the imprint on each shoe, so I thought my right foot must be slightly larger, although I've never had that problem in the past. I wore the shoes occasionally, hoping to stretch the right shoe despite the pain it caused me. Today I stopped by a shoe repair shop and asked them to stretch the shoes. The man held the shoes up on the counter, heels down and soles facing. The right shoe is actually noticeably shorter than the left shoe! When I called Planet Shoes, both the customer service representative and the manager refused to make it right, stating that I was past the return period. It isn't like I was trying to return shoes to get a different color! They sold me the wrong size shoes. I would have been content with either shoes that fit or a refund."

"After reading some pretty scathing reviews on PlanetShoes, I was a little hesitant to buy from them. However, most of the bad reviews had to do with returns, and since I tried the shoes I wanted on in a store before ordering, I decided to go ahead and order from them because they had a good deal on Chaco shoes. They had the exact shoes that I wanted, and even in my size. I was pretty happy with that, especially when I realized that I could get them for $20 cheaper at PlanetShoes than other places. I ordered the shoes and expected that they would arrive in a little less than a week, because they were supposed to ship in 2-3 days and shipping was supposed to take around 3 or 4 days. When it got to the 4th day and I hadn't received an email saying that my order had shipped, I was a little disappointed. I was patient, though, and I waited until the 5th day to try to contact them to see why my order had not shipped. It happened to be a Saturday, so I couldn't contact them until Monday. I emailed them a week after I ordered and it took a day to get a response. Meanwhile, the order shipped. It took only 3 days to get here once it shipped, so I was happy with that. They were exactly what I ordered, also, so I don't have to worry about returns. Overall, it worked out pretty well and the only complaint I really have is the amount of time it took to ship. Other than that, I was happy with my order, especially since I got a good deal on some expensive shoes. I would recommend ordering from PlanetShoes, and I may order from them again if I want to order Chaco shoes or something similar."

"Worst customer service ever. These people are not service driven in any way. I won't ever order from them again. Definitely don't recommend them to anyone."

"Do not order anything from this store. It took forever to receive my order and they refuse to send you a return label to return your shoes if they do not fit well; though they advertise that they will send you a prepaid label to return your shoes if you don't like them. Calling customer service is a waste of time. This is a horrible company to work with."

"I have had a great experience with PlanetShoes and will definitely buy from them again. I purchased a pair of shoes from their website and they were too big, so I ordered a size smaller. Return was easy and painless. Took a little while to go through, but return shipping was free, and there is no processing fee for returns if purchased on their website.

Overall a great experience.

"Boots were on their website, my size was listed. Paid through PayPal. on Dec. 29, 2014. On Jan. 5, 2015 received email from Plant Shoes that my size sold out prior to my order. They offered my a 20% discount on my next order. I went into their website and when to the same boot, color and it was available in size 6, 8, and size 10. Size 10 is what I ordered. So why are they still listing size 10 if they do not have it. Also because I ordered these boots from them I lost out on another website with the same boots. Also on the website today they are offering a 20% discount on boots, so the 20% off they want to give me is not a big deal, because I can get 20% off right now ordering boots and that was what I wanted. Not sure if I will order from them again, I really wanted these boots.

Update 1-12-2015 Just received a package from Plant Shoes, it contain the Dije Chocolate boots in a size 11. The soles has small rocks in the groves, and some dirt. I did not reorder my order was canceled by Plant Shoes because they were out of the size 10. I contacted them today and they are going to send me a return label at no cost to me. They could not explain why I received these boots. No invoice inside of box. Just two shipping labels on the outside of the box. These boots have been worn outside, so they must have been returned and some how were shipped to me. I could have kept the boots and given them away. But I am honest and called them right a way to find out why I received these boots.
They could not tell me why they were shipped to me.

"I am from Australia and ordered a pair of shoes worth nearly $200 AU from them. I was hesitant at first due to reviews but gave them benefit of doubt. Bad choice since they told me that item would be 5 - 10 bus days. Given that address is in Australia I thought this was a bit fast. I have purchased through o/s sellers previously so know the timeframes on average from UK and US. Anyway they supplied tracking number via USPS but when I called USPS they told me that it was addressed on some one in the USA. WTF !!!!! on the invoice it clearly states an Australian address. How hard can it be to get it sent to correct address. Given that I sell on ebay myself this is a stupid error. Reply to first email only, no replies since. Wont deal with this company again. providing substandard service to customers who keep you in business by buying your products, hmm...

"I ordered shoes around the 10th of October . Didn't receive then until the 26th. The worse customer service I ever encountered. As soon as I ordered my boots I noticed I put the wrong size and called to change the size they told me they would fix it & it took 2 weeks for them to send me the wrong size shoe "

"I just ordered a pair of Bos. & Co. Kate boots today. Sorry but I can't take this review site seriously. The people complaints on this website are ridiculous, complaining because they have to pay a measly $6.95 on a return (I mean what company out there offers free returns!), wearing a pair of shoes for a while and then wanting to return them, etc.

I can't help but think this ResellerRatings by Answers site purposely wants to hurt the reputation of Planet Shoes! I mean where are all the people's reviews that are happy and have made Planet Shoes a successful company? I feel confident that the boots I just ordered will be fine. I already own a pair just like them that I bought at a retailer last year. They have been great, no problem.

Share Planet Shoes's store rating

Planet Shoes is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Planet Shoes is not a merchant member
Planet Shoes does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!