Stores > Planet Shoes

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

2016-01-23

Worst service on planet Earth. Beware!

"The company has performed horribly regarding a recent order I made with them.

I was looking for a pair of comfortable shoes and checked out various brands and read excellent reviews on Naot shoes and decided to order a pair of their Pilot boots from Planet Shoes at $200, shipping free, estimated delivery 3 to 5 days.

The company processed the order fast, I'll give them that, the money was out of bank account in moments of placing the order, and they did send me a order confirmation informing me that they had dispatched the shoes. So far, so good.

I then waited and watched the tracking info they'd given me to see the progress for the shipment via UPS.

I ordered the shoes on Dec 30th and after not getting them after a week, I rechecked the tracking info and noticed the shoes were sitting in a UPS depot miles away from me and no longer slated for delivery to my home address.

I then called UPS and they told me to call Planet Shoes, so I contacted Planet Shoes customer service, where I was told that "I had informed UPS" I wanted the shoes to be picked up at the depot, I had most defiantly had not done anything of the sort.

But once that seemed to be cleared up, the woman there at customer service [Shayla] informed me the shoes would be requsted for delivery to my home again. Of note: I never did get a reasonable explanation as to why the shoes had been held up at the UPS depot, but I wanted the shoes, and so was willing to wait a little more and was told that they should be with me in another few days.

The woman at customer service then sent me an email apologizing for the delay, and offering me 15% off my next purchase with Planet Shoes, [ A pretty unlikely event, I must have thought at the time, but she was trying I told myself] then I noticed that she had written to me as "John," when in fact my name is Gregory, it's on the order form, the credit card account info & the delivery address. Not a good sign I thought yet again.

So I again waited on the delivery and after a few days, i.e. three, I again looked at the tracking info and yet again the package was still designated as "hold for pick-up."

At this point I'd had enough and I called the customer service place yet again and they assured me that they would contact UPS and the package would be with me as soon as they could get it on the next days delivery truck.

Well, I wouldn't be writing this if that had happened, and another few days went by. I called yet again and asked for a supervisor, and was passed along to a man there named Dante who listened to my complaint and agreed to cancel my order and refund the $200. I asked him to email me a comfrimation to this effect as I was feed-up by then with Planet Shoes promises and he said that he would take care of everything by the end of business that day.

Guess what? He didn't! What a shock.

Anyway, I called back yet again and finally got put through to someone there named Doug, who in fact did write me later that day and send an attachment which showed that the order had been cancelled and that a refund should be credited back to credit card/bank account in three to five business days.

What a saga.

I leave it to anyone who has read this to make up their own minds about this company, but for my two cents I'd have to say they "****."

This review was modified by Otter2016 on January 23 2016 12:38:47 PM

2015-12-02

"very discouraged with this company and their cust reps. after reading reviews, everyone was raving about the fast shipping. my order stated 2 day priority shipping and 3 days after the usps shipping label was created, it's still sitting in the warehouse. after the 2nd phone call in one day following up on the status of the order, i spoke with a manager who told me he would 'raise a red flag' if the order was not delivered by the following saturday, 7 days after the order was placed. i told him i was ready to cancel and order from another company and he tells me i can't cancel since the order has already shipped but it hasn't."

This review was modified by mlreinhold on December 02 2015 10:49:48 AM

2015-11-06

"This is a very good site for those who would like a better selection of shoes than a retail store and may possibly need special shoes for foot troubles or simply like comfy shoes! many are quite stylish and actually anyone can purchase just about anything you see in retail. I will preface that with they are not in to fashion shoe trends or the unusual heels you see for occasions, but everyday shoes they are great!
having to wear orthotics in my shoes now due to an injury, i can find a wide selection of options in the women's shoes from Flats to dress to boots. the shoes come in a timely fashion and well packaged. i have returned a pair or two but the refund is handled quickly.
Give it a try, the brands are top notch.

2015-08-26

"To start off with the Phone customer service was very Good. But I ordered a pair of New Balance Shoes and waited 4 Days for a Shipping notice to be Emailed to me. After 4 Days I called on the phone. The lady told me the shoes were coming from a different warehouse and she did not know when they would be shipped. You would think if a Company knows a product is gonna be delayed they would at least Email you and tell you they are delayed. I never received any email notification except the one stating they had received my order. I promptly cancelled my order and now i'm crossing my finger hoping my money goes back on my card."

2015-08-06

"I read reviews before doing business with this site though I have to be honest - my experience was far better than those that offered previous reviews. I ordered a pair of shoes that shipped quickly (for free, since it was a purchase over $50). The shoes didn't quite fit so I ordered a size up and sent the first pair back. The second pair that arrived were the wrong color, which was frustrating, however the customer service rep was professional and accommodating. She offered to either overnight me the correct color free of charge, or to refund me $20 bucks for the pair that I received. I opted to keep the wrong color for the cheaper price and my refund and my return were both processed in a timely manner. Minus the mistake in my second order - I found this company to be very professional and I'd do business with them again. "

2015-06-16

"Don't want to spend another hour writing about these shysters, as I've already wasted too much of my precious time dealing with them.

Long story short, they sent me a BRIGHT ORANGE pair of shoes when I'd ordered a light blue. Two emails were simply ignored. I was forced to talk to one of their retards, who was as rude as can be. When I insisted that I needed a UPS pickup because this was, after all, THEIR MISTAKE, the idiot (who refused to tell me his name) placed me on "hold," which was just his way of hanging up but he was too pussy to do THAT, since maybe his shyster boss man was listening in.

There was no return label in the package, just this VERY WRONG, UGLY pair of shoes that you wouldn't pay $10 for at Salvation Army.

I will be taking this to the BBB & to my attorney. I'm done with playing Nice Guy with these kinds of shysters.

2015-06-08

"BUYER BEWARE. False advertising if you ask me. At the top of the website, in bold print, it said, "Free Shipping Over $49 & Free Returns." No asterisk, no fine print, no re-direct to the Shipping/Returns page for exceptions. I had to waste over $30 and lots of my precious time to try on a pair of shoes that didn't fit and then return them. I'm in Hawaii. Competitor, Zappos, recognizes that we are part of the United States, not "overseas" (as Planet Shoes calls it). And it took 23 days for my order to arrive. No one notified me of a shipping delay. I say don't bother.

2015-06-06

"Service is bad ordered shoes 27th May. Nothing happened until 5th June after chasing them. I am in Canada Halifax until 13th June when I leave for the UK. No update on shipping to the hotel I am staying at. Halifax is just across the border from MA. Why it should take so long I do not know.

I ordered to UK from USA before and it was quicker. If the shoes arrive at hotel after I leave what happens?

Do I get my money back?

Marie

2015-06-02

"The right shoe was bigger than the left shoe in the pair of shoes I bought. I checked the imprint and both were the same size according to the imprint on each shoe, so I thought my right foot must be slightly larger, although I've never had that problem in the past. I wore the shoes occasionally, hoping to stretch the right shoe despite the pain it caused me. Today I stopped by a shoe repair shop and asked them to stretch the shoes. The man held the shoes up on the counter, heels down and soles facing. The right shoe is actually noticeably shorter than the left shoe! When I called Planet Shoes, both the customer service representative and the manager refused to make it right, stating that I was past the return period. It isn't like I was trying to return shoes to get a different color! They sold me the wrong size shoes. I would have been content with either shoes that fit or a refund."

2015-04-30

"After reading some pretty scathing reviews on PlanetShoes, I was a little hesitant to buy from them. However, most of the bad reviews had to do with returns, and since I tried the shoes I wanted on in a store before ordering, I decided to go ahead and order from them because they had a good deal on Chaco shoes. They had the exact shoes that I wanted, and even in my size. I was pretty happy with that, especially when I realized that I could get them for $20 cheaper at PlanetShoes than other places. I ordered the shoes and expected that they would arrive in a little less than a week, because they were supposed to ship in 2-3 days and shipping was supposed to take around 3 or 4 days. When it got to the 4th day and I hadn't received an email saying that my order had shipped, I was a little disappointed. I was patient, though, and I waited until the 5th day to try to contact them to see why my order had not shipped. It happened to be a Saturday, so I couldn't contact them until Monday. I emailed them a week after I ordered and it took a day to get a response. Meanwhile, the order shipped. It took only 3 days to get here once it shipped, so I was happy with that. They were exactly what I ordered, also, so I don't have to worry about returns. Overall, it worked out pretty well and the only complaint I really have is the amount of time it took to ship. Other than that, I was happy with my order, especially since I got a good deal on some expensive shoes. I would recommend ordering from PlanetShoes, and I may order from them again if I want to order Chaco shoes or something similar."

2015-04-23

"Worst customer service ever. These people are not service driven in any way. I won't ever order from them again. Definitely don't recommend them to anyone."

2015-04-21

"Do not order anything from this store. It took forever to receive my order and they refuse to send you a return label to return your shoes if they do not fit well; though they advertise that they will send you a prepaid label to return your shoes if you don't like them. Calling customer service is a waste of time. This is a horrible company to work with."

2015-02-15

"I have had a great experience with PlanetShoes and will definitely buy from them again. I purchased a pair of shoes from their website and they were too big, so I ordered a size smaller. Return was easy and painless. Took a little while to go through, but return shipping was free, and there is no processing fee for returns if purchased on their website.

Overall a great experience.

2015-01-05

"Boots were on their website, my size was listed. Paid through PayPal. on Dec. 29, 2014. On Jan. 5, 2015 received email from Plant Shoes that my size sold out prior to my order. They offered my a 20% discount on my next order. I went into their website and when to the same boot, color and it was available in size 6, 8, and size 10. Size 10 is what I ordered. So why are they still listing size 10 if they do not have it. Also because I ordered these boots from them I lost out on another website with the same boots. Also on the website today they are offering a 20% discount on boots, so the 20% off they want to give me is not a big deal, because I can get 20% off right now ordering boots and that was what I wanted. Not sure if I will order from them again, I really wanted these boots.

Update 1-12-2015 Just received a package from Plant Shoes, it contain the Dije Chocolate boots in a size 11. The soles has small rocks in the groves, and some dirt. I did not reorder my order was canceled by Plant Shoes because they were out of the size 10. I contacted them today and they are going to send me a return label at no cost to me. They could not explain why I received these boots. No invoice inside of box. Just two shipping labels on the outside of the box. These boots have been worn outside, so they must have been returned and some how were shipped to me. I could have kept the boots and given them away. But I am honest and called them right a way to find out why I received these boots.
They could not tell me why they were shipped to me.

2014-12-09

"I am from Australia and ordered a pair of shoes worth nearly $200 AU from them. I was hesitant at first due to reviews but gave them benefit of doubt. Bad choice since they told me that item would be 5 - 10 bus days. Given that address is in Australia I thought this was a bit fast. I have purchased through o/s sellers previously so know the timeframes on average from UK and US. Anyway they supplied tracking number via USPS but when I called USPS they told me that it was addressed on some one in the USA. WTF !!!!! on the invoice it clearly states an Australian address. How hard can it be to get it sent to correct address. Given that I sell on ebay myself this is a stupid error. Reply to first email only, no replies since. Wont deal with this company again. providing substandard service to customers who keep you in business by buying your products, hmm...

Share Planet Shoes's store rating

Planet Shoes is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Planet Shoes is not a merchant member
Planet Shoes does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!