"I purchased 2 x 2GB 800MHz PC2 6400 - DDRII Kingston RAM from pc direct source and I am very pleased :)
I just successfully installed the ram a few minutes ago and my system is working beautifully :D
Both chips work perfectly and I never heard of pc direct source prior to making my order with them. I found the company online and their price was VERY competitive. I am happy that I have maxed out my motherboard with Ram hehehe :)
A+

" Placed order on thursday evening, shipped on the following monday, and received the item on wednesday in good physical condition. They sent the wrong thing(a less expensive item than the one I ordered). Called and agreed to refund the price difference."

modified review This review was modified by techtrendfiend on September 08 2005 09:17:25 AM

"Order was shipped the day after order was placed, and received an email with the tracking number. Item was received on time, and was perfect. Overall everything went very smootly."

modified review This review was modified by jimcpl on March 28 2005 02:15:47 PM

"Very unhelpful. Although they do seem to have the best prices. Im sure an online transaction would be smoother, however in person these people are very rude, and unwilling to help out."

modified review This review was modified by idols on October 27 2004 07:36:52 PM

"I was ready to build a whole new gaming pc and decided to build around an AMD64 3400. I was looking for a 3400 Clawhammer CG revision and could not find it anywhere. A lot of online stores claimed they had 3400 Clawhammers but it would be a hit or miss getting a CG revision. I had to look up the OPN (Order Part Number) for the 3400 so I can get a guaranteed CG Clawhammer which let me to PC Direct Source. Ordered it and got my cpu the next week. Smooth transaction. Great service and great price."

"These guys sure gave me a scare. I ordered a cpu from them but they ended up shipping my a cd-rom. I called and they took care of it. My cpu finally came but it took a week because they are in florida and i'm in CA. I will still give them a dissatisfied rating however, because ...who the hell mistakes a cd-rom for a cpu?! Also, i couldn't build my computer for another week because i got my cpu late. The good thing was that they did take care of the problem and they sent a pre-paid stamp for the cd-rom so i could send it back."

"These people suck. I got a damaged case and they want me to fork out money to send it back."

"bought a case from them, took 2-3 days to process everything and ship, which was expected. Recieved the case everything is perfect, i'm a happy customer they were about 10 dollars less than anywhere else i had found for this case, so great service...great price"

"Ordered a Biostar motherboard combo (M6VLQ with P3 Celeron 1.3GHz) w/256MB RAM and paid to have the config tested prior to shipping.

Good price, received my order promptly but discovered that they had shipped a M6VLB instead. Not really caring that it had a single ISA slot instead of none I installed it and was very upset when I turned it on and there was no Video, POST beeps or anything.

Tried a new Power Supply, memory with the same results. Called the vendor and they insisted that it worked in the shop prior to shipping and that the board supports the CPU.

Checking Biostar's website and contacting Tech support I was told that the M6VLB does not support a 1.3GHz CPU.

So they lied to me and didn't test the system prior to shipping.

Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about a vendor that substitutes motherboards without calling first to confirm that it's OK. Or the fact that they never tested the system when I paid to have it tested.

"Ordered a Ifree wireless keyboard/trackball combo.
After receiving it, it worked for approx 4 seconds and then failed.

I emailed these guys back, asking for an RMA. Initially, they refused the RMA - asking me to call in and speak to "tech support". I've worked in the industry for over 8 years, so I believe I'm qualified to install a keyboard.

After talking the "tech" through it for several minutes, they issued me an RMA. I told them that I didn't want a replacement, as I had read bad reviews on the product (after purchase). I sent it back with delivery confirmation, included the RMA# and clearly labeled it "CREDIT REQUEST - NO REPLACEMENT".

One week later I have another one.

Further emails have been ignored.
Not to mention I paid shipping back on a defective product.

"I ordered a PC case with 400W power supply. Fast shipping! I would buy from here again!"

"I have been ordering from PCdirectsource for over 3 years. Perfect service. They get better every year. If UPS kills a shipment. They do a quick same day claims. Very nice. 95% of order get shipped out same day. They dont overcharge on anything. Very nice people to talk to as well.

Thanks Guys
-Zotech PC

"Aftr buying a barebones system from this company and transfering my components and installing the new memory and cdrw I turned it on it ran for four seconds then shut back down.After rechecking the connections I tryed it again with the same results.I transfered every thing including the new partsback to my old computer which still works and e-mailed the company to see if they had an answer.The next day I get a reply asking me to use myold power supply.So I transfered my components back and use my old power supply, getting the same results. so I transfer every thing back,fotunatly every thing is still woking at this piont,and ask them whats next.A couple days latter I get an e-mail saying that they didnt know i was putting my old cpu in the new motherboard, and to give them info so they can tell me the new jumper settings.I e-mail them back asking them if the didnt tell me to use my old power supply and not the cpu,and stated that my old cpu was a differnt class and wouldnt fit,so why would i do that.I then asked if they knew what the problem was or not. after about a week without a reply, I e-mailed them again tellingthem I wasnt happy about not hearing back for so long and asking if they knew the problem, and if not I wanted to return it. The next day I get an e-mail from there tech stating hes sorry about the late reply and that if I gave him my daytime phone# he'd call me, and he thought he knew what the problem was.So I e-mailed my phone# and waited another week with no call.So i e-mailed them again telling them that I just want to return the unit becuase I dont think they know or care about the problem.Now Im waiting to here from them again. My opinion "Dont buy from this company". Lee."

Phoenix metro

"Ordered MB+CPU combo seen on Pricewatch Monday; received email Thursday saying "THE ITEM YOU ORDERED WAS TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK.
Sale
PC DIRECT SOURCE"
So, "was" or "is"? Had to call, found out still is out, so cancelled order. Why wasn't the stock status on the website so I didn't have to waste 2 days?

"I am never going to purchase from this company again! Worst experience ever! Here is the tale:

I was looking to put together a somewhat decent system (ddr266, Athlon XP, Radeon 9k) that would be sub-$300 without OS costs. My search led me to the linkworld cases (linkworld8.com). They are baby sized cases that manages to accomodate most full atx sized mobos. AND they cost $9 without PS or $14 with them. Granted that a $5 PS is not the greatest thing in the world, but even knowing that I would probably go for another PS later on, I decided to check out the case with the PS. Pricewatch pointed me to 2 vendors, one of them was pcdirectsource.com. The online shopping experience was already a poor one, because the site defaults shipping to next-day air (I worked as purchaser for a sizeable OEM manufacturer in the Midwest and I have never seen this before! This is the ONLY SITE I KNOW THAT DOES THAT!! ) and if that was not enough, if you do not click anything for a while (5 mins or so, I did not count the time) it resets itself, again to next-day air shipping. Not wanting to pay $70.23 shipping on a $14 case, I select ground shipping (roughly $15 at this site) and finish my order. On the evening of the 14th I go check my order online and alas, it was overnighted to me and is ready for delivery in the morning! I tried to e-mail PCDirectSource to no avail: my e-mails to info@pcdirectsource.com (posted on THEIR website) bounced back instantly from both e-mail accounts I have in different servers!
Not wanting to be liable for this outrage, I refuse the package from UPS and call in to talk to the company. I end up speaking with a person by the name of Howard, supposedly a manager of some sort. The breif summary of our over 30 minutes of conversation goes like this:

Me:
* I know what I'm doing. I used the internet before the WWW came about, I worked as a purchaser on a respectable computer company and I distinctly recollect ordering UPS ground for $15, specially because the default next day air of $70.23 REALLY called my attention.
* I refused the package from UPS because you sent it to me Next day air and I ordered Ground.
* Since I did not get what I ordered (an innexpensive case shipped ground for $29 total cost), I want: (a) what I ordered or, (b) my money back, (c) another solution to this situation or else (d) I will request a dispute of charge from the credit card company (since I agreed to a $29 charge, not $84!)

Howard's reply:
* (Sorry for the following quote!) I'm a liar full of bullshit.
* His system is flawless.
* By refusing the package I cheated.
* By not paying and asking the credit card company to investigate the nature of his unauthorized charge I was threatening him.
* I don't need $70, because I (supposedly) have a lot more than him.
* He will destroy my credit.
* The best he could do was to credit me for the amount of the case ($14 - 20% restocking fee), but I would not be compensated for the erroneous shipping.

There was no agreement. I then asked a couple of friends that had or known someone that had strange purchasing experiences as well and to my surprise these bastards can actually damage an honest person's credit! In lieu of that, I went to UPS that same day and picked up the most expensive cheap case I ever bought and never asked for a dispute of charge from the credit card company. I feel taken advantage of, however I still like to do something about it. This is the way, by letting others know of my experience and if they still want to buy cheap stuff from them at least beware and know what they might be putting themselves into.

On top of that, the case came in damaged!

modified review This review was modified by AresHalcyon on January 21 2003 08:03:29 PM

pc direct source is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

pc direct source is not a merchant member
pc direct source does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!