• Address: 1421 SheepShead Bay Road

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"they had sunglasses that no one else has."

modified review This review was modified by jmilbrandt on December 20 2014 08:22:00 AM

"I sent two pairs of glasses in for frame repairs in August. They quoted a price and charged my card. After months of emails and promises I asked them to return my glasses, fixed or unfixed and to refund my payment if they would not fix them. After another month of promises by email (they never return calls) I had my cc company cancel the charges and reported my glasses stolen to the Sheepshead Bay PD (where they are located). After that they promised to return my glasses once they returned from the lab. 3 weeks later they called from a blocked number, verified my address , and told me "they'd think about returning my glasses". On, November 29th I received my 2 pair of glasses back, 3 months plus after sending them, both broken with nothing done. if I could give them negative 5 stars, I would."

"AVOID this company like the plague. I placed a simple order for a pair of frames with lenses and I never saw a thing from them. Cost me well over $250 down the drain. I gave them the benefit of the doubt because they said it would take over a month to get the frames in and after 2 months they just kept feeding me the same story. They ignored my request for a refund (even a partial refund) and by that time my credit card company wouldn't do anything either because it had been more than 90 days. I contacted the BBB and they also had no luck. I'm writing this review now because I keep getting email advertisements from them. Which I use as an opportunity to send them an email back explaining how they ripped me off. If you've already ordered from them and are now reading this. Kiss your money goodbye, you've just donated it to them."

modified review This review was modified by Dragonboysx on November 03 2014 05:43:47 AM

"This place is terrible. I order Sunglasses from them over two weeks ago and still haven't received them and I paid $20 for two-day shipping. Things started to go wrong with them from the start. When I placed my order I was told that I had to send them a copy of credit card to for them to process the order. What!? They're crazy - who would send a physical, digital, or any other copy of a credit to some random website. The site claims to have SiteLock Secure encryption, and yet, I should mail them through sailmail or email them or fax them a copy of the front and back of my credit card - through some completely unsecured form of communication? They are nuts. My credit card company literally laughed out loud over the phone when I told them that this what another company was asking for to complete an order. Why did I contact the credit card company? Because when I told Optics"Fast".com that I wouldn't send them a copy of the card they told me that I could cancel my order, but it would be subjected to a 20% cancellation fee. Without doing a thing they were going to charge a fee. Great business practice. Oh, and along those, and to be clear - they wouldn't run my card for the actual purchase, but had NO problem, whatsoever, charging my card for a cancellation fee. Awesome ethics in play here.

Anyway, the credit card company helped to settle this issue and I still wanted the glasses because I couldn't find them else where and wanted them "fast" for a friend's up coming birthday. However, this was basically ruined because OpticsFast doesn't actually have the glasses. Yeah, they order them from another vender. NOwhere on the product information page when ordering the item does it say it this - or as I was told in a subsequent online chat with a customer service agent - does it say that OliverPeoples glasses (specially what I order, not all their glasses) ship in 2-3 weeks.

Never. Would. Have. Order. From. Them.

If this were, visible in a location where the customer could actually be made aware of this prior to ordering - I wouldn't have bother because my friend's birthday was within this time-frame and it wouldn't have been worth the risk. Yesterday, 7/17/13, I contacted them asking what was going on with the order and I was told that the glasses would arrive from the mysterious vender that day. When I didn't receive a shipping confirmation by 11 AM the FOLLOWING day I contacted them again to see what the story was. Apparent the order had to be "processed" before it would ship out from their facility and this takes an additional "48 hours". What!? It takes 48hours for them to put glasses in a box and slap a mailing label on it? How do they have the ordasity to call themselves "OpticsFast"? They're anything but fast! This is the slowest online order I have ever placed. Amazon would have had these (if they carried them) to me within as little as 12 hours and at most 48, but here I am over 2 weeks later without the glass. Pathetic.

modified review This review was modified by ccochran1480 on July 18 2013 09:10:50 AM

"I sent a pair of tom ford sunglasses to be repaired the lenses popped out and they needed to be put back in place. My wife wore them about 7 or 8 times. The repair was supposed to cost me about $15.00 which is reasonable. I sent these glasses in February 2013 and we are now July and they told me they are lost!!!! They said they will get me a new pair at COST. Why should I pay anything if they lost them. I hope they send me a new pair for the $15.00 that were charged to me already. I am dissappointed and will never do business with this company again. They LIE AND CHEAT. I wonder how many other people they have STOLEN FROM. I wish I knew where to report a company like this. THEY ARE THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Alfonso46 on July 18 2013 08:08:51 AM

"Like others here I wish I had dug a little deeper before placing an order with optics fast. My story goes like this:

Placed order May 19th.

problem1: I received contradictory emails from Becky S that my glasses had been received and sent to lab on three different dates (so first few times was probably a lie to get rid of me). On June 19th I wrote "This is the second time you have said that the glasses just arrived and the third time you have said that they are going to the lab, so I believe this to be untrue" she replied "When were you told that? They just came in and we already started working on the lens". I sent then copy and paste's of the emails she sent, she replied "Not sure whee these dates came from, but I will give you a discount" *spelling mistake was in the original email from Becky S

Problem 2: On June 24th I received the following from Becky S " the lab needs to redo the lenses and they cracked the initial lens. I will have them redo it and of course you will get a discount.". So I tried to cancel my order which then came the reply "We can cancel but there would be a 20% cancelation fee as we began the work. I will make it beneficial to you"

Problem 3: June 28th they withdrew the funds from my bank account. They telephoned and told me they have the glasses in front of them, they will refund me my express services I had paid and they will discount me $40+. They will send them off to be packed and shipped.

Problem 4: July 11th still no tracking number for my shipment, over 30 emails sent between 28th - 11th trying to get an answer when will I be refunded and when will my glasses ship.

Problem 5: July 15th received glasses. Prescription is incorrect so I take the new glasses to an opticians, they read the lenses with a special machine (probably a Lenometer) and confirm the prescription in the right lens is totally off (they are 175 instead of 90). I write to Becky S with info and scan of document from Opticians and I get the reply "All prescriptions are final sale." and "I just confimred your UV and anti scratch Because the technician did the RX and lens" . When asked what Becky S has to say to the PDF I sent she replies " That is not the proof, what needs to be done is a lenometer reading. So now you are singing a different tune?"

Problem 6: The lenses also do not have the following I have paid for:
Scratch Resistant Coating
Ultraviolet Protection (UV)
Anti-Reflective Coating.

Problem 7: When I asked what they would need from me in the form of a respected optician looking at the glasses and verifying what they do and do not have, I received this answer "There is no such thing as a official inspection, but your own eyes". Now Becky S asks me to return the glasses to them. NO chance. If other reviews are true then i would never get them back.

So I'm still fighting for a refund and will continue to do so.

"Don't ever order from OpticsFast. They lie and tell you they will ship out the order within 72 hours, but then do not. It took a month and a half before they could even ship it. I tried to cancel the order a few days after I ordered it because they couldn't ship it immediately but they instead charged my credit card and never shipped the product for a month and a half. The people who work there who corresponded do not communicate in good english either. They are the worst company I have ever ordered from. "

modified review This review was modified by trishlanger on July 17 2013 12:16:30 PM

"The most detached customer service experience of all time!"

modified review This review was modified by MylesD on July 17 2013 11:51:30 AM

"Good results but terrible customer service and communication. Probably wouldn't use them again. They claimed a 3-5 day turnaround after I paid for the repair, $80' but it took several more weeks. The total time from when I paid the nominal amount for return shipping anda estimate to the time I got the repaired sunglasses back was 5 weeks. "

modified review This review was modified by pamorell on July 16 2013 08:59:36 AM

"First, I submitted expensive frames to Opticsfast and paid for prescription “DriveWare”. After 38 days of waiting I recived my frames back with cheap lenses that are definitely not DriveWare. When I informed opticsfast through email of the error, “Becky S” informed that she “checked the order and I had received ‘DriveWare. Apparently she knows what’s in my hand by looking at a computer in New York. When I sent a second email stating I had received regular lenses instead of DriveWare, “Becky S” informed that that she checked with the lab and they agreed with her that I had been sent “DriveWare.
“Becky S”, a real person or not, is infamous with many website reviews and consumer horror stories associated with OpticsFast.
This issue is such a no brainer I hardly know how to word a complaint. Opticsfast knows full well if you are looking at DriveWare the lenses are distinctive and cannot be confused with plain lenses which is what they sold me for DriveWare.
Other than the websites Opticsfast te worse reputation of any online business I’ve ever read about. They had the audacity to solicit positive reviews not mentioning that they have over 100 complaints with BBB (they are not members) and 55 consumer complaints with scambooks.com since March 2012.
These are very arrogant criminal minded people. In my case it seems that they are willing to run game when it is totally un-=necessary. I ordered drive ware, a very disguisable feature. Opticesfast put regular lenses in my frames, not driveware which is obvious by simply looking at them.
Ms. No it all Beck S ignored what I said about the lab making an error rather than inquiring about my complaint. Opticsfast simply screwed up my glasses (gave me regular prescription rather than driveware.
This should have been a simply matter of Opticsfast admitting they made an error and rectifying it. Instead “Becky S” whatever that means called me a liar and by implication not intelligent enough to know clear lenses for driveWear. The only way for to deal with this matter was to report it as Fraud.

modified review This review was modified by danielwestley on July 15 2013 01:01:16 PM

"Very helpful and well done."

modified review This review was modified by haicii on July 15 2013 10:26:55 AM

"Their service SUCKS. It took two months (May 10 - July 10) to repair the broken (floating) nose piece on a pair of sunglasses at a cost of $42.94 plus I paid for the shipping. Ridiculous!!!!

I will NEVER use them again. I suggest you don't either.

modified review This review was modified by RJSCH on July 11 2013 03:16:52 PM

"I received the eyeglass frames in 3 weeks."

modified review This review was modified by Kjtravelin on July 08 2013 12:29:51 AM

"Well, I would probably use this site again, but as far as fast - I guess that's always relative. First of all it was my fault for not verifying that I wanted to repair the sun glasses after I received the estimate - but I could not figure out at first why they were asking me to pay for shipping again on the online form when I already had to do that when I first sent them in. Then to talk to someone you have to call during day business hours which was a little difficult for me with my job. Then once they explained that I just say I don't want shipping on the form, I said go ahead and fix them. It took about two weeks. I was having lenses replaced on my son's Oakley sunglasses. I guess I don't consider two weeks exactly fast. Acceptable, but not fast."

modified review This review was modified by paroof on July 04 2013 11:38:57 AM

"Avoid this company at all costs. They are SLOW, unreliable, and do not answer emails or their phone. You will be lucky if you even get your order, and even luckier if it's not wrong. No refunds, scammers. "

modified review This review was modified by rebap on June 29 2013 06:41:03 PM

OpticsFast.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

OpticsFast.com is not a merchant member
OpticsFast.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!