OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals Reviews - onlinecarstereo.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.00/10 110 reviews

OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals is not a merchant member
OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"This company tries to bait/switch their customers.

I ordered 1 product on their website, got a prompt shipping informational email and was pretty happy.,

Then I get the item and it's completely different from what I ordered. They have had my product for 3 days now and I haven't gotten a response as to whether or not they're shipping the right item or issuing me a refund.

I went to 3KingsAudio and bought the product instead.

modified review This review was modified by Banja on October 07 2013 08:38:49 AM

"This is the first time in my life I have ever taken the time to write a review. I would really hate to see anyone else stuck dealing with this company. The customer service people are rude & very short with you. I ordered a complete marine system with all the components and wiring from here because they were the only company that had everything. Come to find out (after they charged my card) half of the items were on back order & they had no clue if they would EVER be able to get them. Then it took 17 days to get items they did have. I have shipped overseas in less time. I received the order on July 3rd to find out that the stereo has been switched & is not the one displayed on their website. They had some parts that magically went on back order a week after I ordered. I got so frustrated dealing with customer service that I canceled everything that was on "back order". They said they would credit my card & it could take two weeks. I guess I will have to wait & see if it actually happens. I am not going to hold my breath. Next time I am going to ebay. "

modified review This review was modified by MatthewLarson on July 09 2013 08:55:01 AM

"Do not shop here.

Long story short:
Purchased a faulty JL Slash v3 Amp and tried to return it through warranty in early February. It is now June and I still have not gotten an ETA from them. Tried calling and spoke with the manager but they still say it is in repair. With 4 months of time, I think they could have manuafactured a new one. Poor service. DO NOT BUY HERE

modified review This review was modified by klau223 on June 13 2013 12:20:11 PM

"Horrible communication. Don’t even try to call them! Backordered items are not listed on the site which caused confusion and a double order. I left numerous emails and voicemails asking to cancel the part of my order that was backordered but never got a call/email back. I caught it (both of them) as soon as i got the processing email before it shipped, but i couldn’t get ahold of them to cancel it. Once the package arrived i rejected it and it was sent back. They caught the second one while it was in transit. What resulted was paying restocking fees that were ridiculous. I’m sure if your order is simple and doesn’t contain backordered items your experience would be fine. I just don’t understand why they don’t mark the items that are backordered. It would be nice if they answered their phones and emails too. I called every number I could find and never talked to someone in person, despite all of the voicemails. I couldn’t get an email back either until I sent a long email explaining the problems and forwarded it to every email address I could find. That finally woke them up! I really hope no body has the same trouble as me because it was an outrageous headache during a busy month for me. This was my first bad experience with online shopping, and I will continue to, but never again from online car stereo. With all this being said, the prices are quite good, although I would recommend ordering from sonicelectronix.com instead as they have almost the same inventory at the same prices and they list the items that are backordered! I have ordered from them before and everything went smoothly. Bottom line, a simple mix up created bigger problems because of poor communication."

modified review This review was modified by Itstoobad on June 10 2013 09:53:01 AM

"*****DO NOT BUY FROM ONLINECARSTEREO*******
They sell merchandise with removed serial #'s. If you have a warranty issue outside of there 14 day return policy they instruct you to contact the OEM manufacturer who will not repair because of the removed serial #!!!!!!
******DO NOT BUY FROM ONLINECARSTEREO*******

modified review This review was modified by Stue1234 on June 02 2013 06:34:52 AM

"Onlinecarstereo.com is the worst online store I shopped this year. I placed two orders with different items last month but both of them were out of stock. The worst thing was I was never informed until I started calling them after a week or two. When I checked their site, those items were still very much available.
I doubted they actually carry that many merchandise and for marketing purposes, they must put a lot of non existence products into the site to boost their image. As a consumer, I don't have the time to play games with them. Now, their entire newsletters go straight to the junk box.

modified review This review was modified by pctsa on May 22 2013 06:11:39 PM

"They claim to be a JBL dealer.. they are not! I ordered JBL speakers through them and was told to wait 2 to 3 weeks for a shipping date and when I called several weeks later they said to wait at least 3 more weeks but it didn't look good because JBL had shipping problems. BS!"

modified review This review was modified by A-PRO1 on May 20 2013 11:01:54 AM

"This bad rating is actually not for this product but for onlinecarstereo.com and their service. I found this product on their site at clearance sell and processed order and made my payments 2 days ago. After 2 days of no update from them regarding shipment I called them back for a status, the CS tells me that they are out of stock on this item and I should order another product!!

First their website did not tell me it was our of stock and then they never called/emailed me to let me know they cannot process my order while my money was stuck in 'pending processing' status - i still cannot access that amount as it is showing in 'pending processing' status, i f I had not called for an update, God knows how long they would have waited before informing me this, and the CS I talked to was rude even though it was completely their fault!!

modified review This review was modified by sylsho on May 10 2013 02:54:14 PM

"Well wish i would have seen these reviews before purchasing. Ordered JL sub, next day getting UPS shipping info. Shows as billing info received at UPS. Well week goes by and no update. Contact UPS and they state they got the electronic shipping info from OCS but never got a package. Called OCS twice to be told must be UPS and they shipped it. Just filed a claim thru Paypal so hopefully they can get me refunded since this place is a complete scam. Sell things they don't have, bill you and give you fake shipping info to buy them time to get product if they even get it. STAY AWAY! This place needs to be shut down!"

"The customer service here is pathetic. I purchased an amp with a remote level control. Shipping was very slow in the end I received the remote level control 1 week after I received the amp. When I installed everything the remote level control didn't work properly. I contacted customer service about the issue and they wanted me to jump through all these hoops to return a $19.00 part. Instead of wait on shipping two ways, I purchased a new remote level control to save time. When I got that, I connected it and had the same issue. At this point, I contacted customer service about the problem with the amp. I was informed that I would have to send it in, they would send it to the manufacturer and go from there and that the process would take 4-6 weeks and that did not include shipping time. This is an amp that I just received, it's not like I've had it for two or three months and am suddenly having a problem. It's bad out of the box and this company could care less about customer satisfaction. If you can find what you want elsewhere, pay a little more, you'll be better off in the long run. I can promise you that."

"horrible customer service. they messed up my order and basically told me i would have to pay $100 ( for shipping) to fix a $10 mistake on my $300 order. i don't understand why they couldn't just send me the right part without me paying to ship my HEAVY order back. everyone told me not to buy from there, but i wanted to save the extra $10 so i did anyways. take my advice and everyone elses and buy from somewhere else that supports and cares about their customers, not a place who is rated 1 star out of 5 everywhere."

"This is the WORST company that you could ever imagine... they are cheating people out of their money by selling refurbished products that burn up after a month or so, and after you call their customer service they give you run-around, such as "you can return it or exchange it within 14 days if item is not installed, but you need to pay for shipping and 15% restocking fee" and crap like that. I have actually sent my overhead car DVD, that died, for repair. they held it for 6 weeks, and decided to "replace it"... i was happy with the decision until i have received the item and realized that actual DVD that they have sent as replacement was in worse cosmetic and operating conditions than one i returned for repair. if you want to save yourself from dealing with the morons and shithead$ in their company, stay away from them."

"I wish I had seen this site before I purchased from onlinecarstereo.com! WHAT A RIP-OFF OUTFIT! I bought a car stereo deck from them, turned it on and it HISSED AND SMOKED. Contacted "customer service" and was told that I will not get a refund and that I can ship the unit back at MY EXPENSE and that I should insure the shipment. Then, when they get around to it, they'll send it to the manufacturer for replacement or repair. They said this process takes an AVERAGE 6-8 WEEKS. So I get to spend more money hoping to get a unit that doesn't catch fire, and I can wait 2 months or so to get it? REALLY???
I then wrote a polite but not favorable review on the product and service, their automated response said my review would be checked by onlinestereo.com before being published to the website. Needless to say, it didn't get published. I thought it was strange that so many of their products had "no reviews." I suspect they DO have reviews, but they don't get published unless they're positive.
DON'T DEAL WITH THIS RIP-OFF OUTFIT!!!

modified review This review was modified by DannC on October 25 2012 08:29:18 AM

"Company sells tampered products described as "new" with serial numbers removed. Customer service is a poor excuse for the lies, manipulation, and deceit they actually deliver. Please, avoid this company and save yourself the time, money, and hassle."

"This is the worst online organization that I have ever purchased a product from. I have literally made over 1000 purchases online and I'd yet to receive the total lack of customer service that I experienced with these virtual con artists. My problems began when I placed an order with them for a Kenwood head unit, a Power Acoustics amp, a Pyle compact subwoofer and vehicle specific mounting kit. My order was immediately processed, as all items were allegedly in stock. I was sent invoices for my items, along with tracking numbers. I received the first part of my order yesterday, only to discover that the most expensive piece in my order was not shipped (yet I was billed for it, even though both their website & packing slip state that the customer will not be billed until the product ships). I immediately emailed them informing them of the missing item from the shipment. Then I decided to call them this morning, regarding the missing shipment. I was informed that the missing item was being shipped from another warehouse (theirs) and that I would receive a tracking number shortly. This afternoon, I received the 2nd part of my order, yet my missing item still was not included in this shipment. I immediately called them only to find the customer service desk closed at 4pm (PST were both located in CA). So I decided to pretend that I was interested in placing an order for my missing subwoofer. I asked if the item was in stock and where it would be shipped from. I was informed that my sub was in stock and that it would ship from their Vernon, CA warehouse. Then I asked where the hell my sub was. I was immediately given the same run around that I received from them this morning. No tracking number and no disclosure as to which warehouse location my order was being shipped from. I immediately requested an RA (return authorization) for my entire order. I was told that I would receive an email from them with shipment return instructions. Instead I received a PR piece from them discussing "out of stock items" and asking me to contact them to find a suitable replacement for my missing sub. So I promptly called my bank to discuss On Line Car Stereo's fraudulent billing practices. My bank stated that they will issue me a full credit for my purchase, with the next twelve hours. Let's see how Online Car Stereo likes it, when the shoe is on the other foot! "