• OnlineCarStereo
    • Customer Support: 888-615-5663
    • Business Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm PST Mon-Fri Closed on Weekends
    • Fax: 323-583-4076

Product & services pricing Rating 2.81/10 2.81/10

"Placed an web order for a set of JL speakers and they charged CC about 24 hrs later . Next day the online order tracking stated payment accepted and order was processing. After 4 business days and no change and no response to emails finally called and sat on hold for a long time to speak to a human. Gentleman said it takes 2 or 3 days or so to process. I told him it had been 4 days since it was placed and 3 days since the card was charged. Then he informed me the item was out of stock and expected it would ship in 4-5 weeks. All done in an unprofessional and rude manner. Said "it is impossible to keep the inventory status up to date". Really, ..............I canceled the order and will spend my $$ elsewhere."

"The worst online buying experience I've ever had. I bought an amp from them, then I found this page doing research on whether I picked a good company. Well just look at the reviews????? Needless to say I called to cancel my order immediately. I'm guessing he's used to this because he didn't even try to talk me out of it or anything. He couldn't care less!
Ok, so 3 days roll around and I received notice of cancellation and everything. But Still no money back in my account. So I called my bank and they said if they don't refund you the money by 5 business days it will fall off. Or I could call them and ask them to refund it sooner so I could make a purchase elsewhere!?!?! So I did, and the guy was a total Ahole. Wouldn't even consider it. And the bank did say they could do it. So I argued with him being an ahole back and he just kept repeating himself. So I asked to talk to the manager and he hung up on me. And then I called back choosing multiple different extensions and kept getting hung up on!!!!!!!!! From all the horror stories I've read on here, so help me God, if I don't get my money back by Tuesday there's going to be serious consequences. If they rip me off like I've read on here or take forever I'll be beyond pissed!!! As I'm sure you can tell I am now! WHAT A FREAKING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND YET WHEN YOU LOOK UP BEST ONLINE RETAILERS, THEY'RE AT #1????? HA!!!! COMPLETE JOKE AND FRAUD!!!!!!

modified review This review was modified by crankin9669 on March 20 2015 06:14:10 PM

"Bait and switch scam. Ordered an item. They email me and tell me its out of stock and offer me a worse item for the same price. When tell them i want the same quality item i originally ordered they tell me i have to pay more for a similar item."

modified review This review was modified by wantedbostonacoustics on March 16 2015 06:30:08 PM

"Horrible service. Notified of backorder 8 days after order placement. Even provided with tracking which never worked. AVOID!!!"

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PLACE! CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS AND MANAGEMENT SUCKS ALSO! THEY DO NOT KNOW HALF OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING. ALSO, BUYER BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY JL AUDIO-ALPINE-KICKER-INFINITY-KENWOOD-PIONEER-JBL-CLARION-SONY-ETC...THE MAJOR NAME BRAND STUFF. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!! YES, PRICE MIGHT BE TEMPTING, BUT DONT BE FOOLED. THEY REMOVE SERIAL NUMBERS WHICH VOIDS WARRANTY. IF YOU SEND IN SOMETHING, YOU WILL GET THE SAME ITEM YOU SEND IN BACK IN RETURN, THEY JUST HOLD ON TO IT PRETENDING TO REPAIR IT, BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE THIS PLACE IS A RIP-OFF!! ALSO I GOT CHARGED FOR MERCHANDISE THE SAME DAY I ORDERED THEY HIT MY CREDIT CARD FOR THE FULL AMOUNT ($784) AND 2 1/2 WEEKS PASSED AND STILL NO MERCHANDISE. I TALKED TO A MARISOL, WHO IS A TOTAL MORON IN EXPLAINING THINGS THEN I TALKED TO SOME IDIOT WHO TALKS WITH A MIDDLE-EASTERN ACCENT ALL TO TELL ME THAT THE MERCHANDISE WAS ON ITS WAY. FINALLY, AFTER 3-ALMOST 1 MONTH, I GET MY JL AMP AND ALPINE UNIT, AND SOME SUBS, I COME TO FIND OUT THERE IS NO SERIAL NUMBERS. I CALLED AND THEY GAVE ME SOME BOGUS CRAP ABOUT ONLINECARSTEREO WARRANTY, I TALKED TO WARRANTY MANAGER BY NAME OF JUAN (WHO SOUNDS LIKE HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT) ONLY TO TELL ME THAT THEY ARE NOT AUTHORIZED AND THAT DEPENDING ON THE MERCHANDISE, THEY DONT REPAIR. SERIOUSLY!!! BOTTOM LINE FOLKS, SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND BE WARNED WITH THIS COMPANY. I SHOULD OF READ REVIEWS BEFORE DOING BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS!!

TAKE MY WORD AND LOOK AWAY! DON'T LET PRICES FOOL YOU. THESE GUYS ARE IN CALIFORNIA AND RUNNING SOME KIND OF SHADY SHIT OUT THERE. IF THEY WERE HERE IN FLORIDA, THEY WOULD OF BEEN SHUT DOWN ASAP!!!

"I have never been disrespected by "customer service" like this in my life. I am a friendly, level headed, rational person trying to place a several hundred dollar order. Having not heard from this company days after I placed my Expedited order, I found my equipment had not yet shipped regardless of having paid and needing it in a rush. After calling twice, a horrible employee named Delso thought it appropriate to call me a 'disturbance' repeatedly on one call, not allow me to speak after my first request (as I didn't want to talk over his yelling and actual mocking of what I was requesting: a speedy refund for items they literally did not ship), he refused to transfer me to the other people who knew about my situation, and additionally he hung up on me very clearly on purpose early on during my first call (where I was incredibly nice). I calmly smiled throughout these calls and did not once raise my voice, as I work in customer service myself and figured he'd simply listen and help solve the problem. Not even close. I did speak to a woman who assured me she'd call back within 10-15 minutes, but I never heard from her again. The nicest gentleman, at minimum, "felt forced" to tell me "straight up, you're not getting your order for a very long time". I believe I was way too nice, and I've never had to deal with a company who truly doesn't care an ounce about their customers. Please don't order from this company, or be careful if you do. I never received anything and was unexpectedly turned into an emotional punching bag by their "service" department... Never again!"

modified review This review was modified by msb111 on January 28 2015 05:51:06 PM

"Don't buy from them! I wish I would have read the reviews first. Not getting the product is one thing. Problems arise and I understand that. The real problem was the man who was supposed to be customer service. Customer service is terrible. The packages never made it...EVER but what really made things worse was when the customer service rep hung up on us as we were politely giving him the account number. Then, every time we called back, he wouldn't allow us to speak and hung up or put us on hold again. "

modified review This review was modified by splasencia on January 09 2015 03:19:43 PM

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! THIS IS NOT A JOKE! I PURCHASED A 17" INCH MONITOR, SENT IT BACK FOR AN EXCHANGE AND DID NOT GET ANYTHING BACK. ACCORDING TO THEM, MY USPS "INSURED" PACKAGE THAT I SENT WAS DELIVERED AROUND 10:30PM WHEN THE OFFICE IS CLOSED. MY USPS ACCOUNT SAYS THEY DELIVERED AT 8:16PM. NOW, WHY WOULD THE USPS JUST LEAVE AN "INSURED" PACKAGE IN THE MIDDLE OF WAREHOUSE COUNTRY @ 10:30PM. I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY AFTER I HAD MY BANK CALL THEM OUT, THEY FIRST SAID THEY NEVER RECEIVED A PACKAGE. WHAT A JOKE THESE PEOPLE ARE. ONCE AGAIN DO NOT MAKE THEORY MISTAKE I DID! DO NOT MAKE PURCHASES FROM THEM, THEY CHEAT, THEY LIE AND THEY'LL TAKE YOUR MONEY. IF YOU DID PURCHASE AND ARE UNSATISFIED MAKE A DISPUTE AGAINST THEM WITH THE ONLINE BUSINESS BUREAU. "

modified review This review was modified by delmiro07 on December 26 2014 04:50:58 PM

"BY FAR THE WORST customer experience I've ever had. I'm shaking mad as I type this. Called customer service to check on an item that hadn't shipped for over THREE WEEKS (which I'm convinced may have never shipped if I hadn't called!) and the representative was a COMPLETE asshole. I will NEVER buy from this company again, I don't care how cheap their prices are! Fuck these guys!!!"

modified review This review was modified by tiberius230 on December 23 2014 10:56:23 AM

"Fuck this place. Bad customers service n bad representative. This place will go out of business soon because of the bad reviews. I order a $2000 amp n they still haven't ship shit. I call many times they said they ship it but then firms out they didn't. This place is a joke n people who spend money should be appreciated. ALSO customers service is bad even to now I haven't received shit. So in going to canceled my order n they told me they will work things out with me. I told them no canceled my order n credit my account they giving me a hard time. So I talk to my bank they canceled my order n refund my money. Even though onlinecarstereo didn't wanted refund they just wanted to keep my money skin fuck them. They wants people money n they will try to brain wash people that they don't refund while they haven't ship shit. They are a scam. People should sue them for every time they brain washing people. All they doing is keeping all the money n not sending anything. Scammed n the government should arrest these people n take them to jail"

"Do not buy from this company! I ordered two speakers and one came with debris in side of it. It looks like birds nested in the speaker. I made several attempts by emails, phone calls, and voice mails to get these crooks to take back the filthy speaker and no one returned my calls or make any attempt to assist me. UNBELIEVABLE! I wasted $69.00 and this does not include the stress and inconvenience caused. I cannot believe how unreasonable and shady this company actually is! Not to mention the rude person called JOSEPH who always answers the phone but never able to help. He constantly sends my calls to dead end voice mails."

modified review This review was modified by Ruth123 on November 19 2014 04:52:12 PM

TX

"***** DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PLACE ***** ATTENTION FELLOW SHOPPERS. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PLACE. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, BAD EXPERIENCE. DONT GET FOOLED BY THE PRICES. SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE. TO START, THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT IS A JOKE! THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE MEANS. AFTER GETTING YELLED AT BY SOME REP NAMED JOSEPH, ALL I WANTED WAS TO GET ORDER STATUS, AN ORDER THAT I PLACED SEPTEMBER 16, OCTOBER 1 NOW AND STILL HAVE YET TO GET STATUS AND OR EVEN WHERE ABOUTS. I CALLEDBACK AGAIN AND GOT HUNG UP ON 4 TIMES. THE 5 TIME I WAS LUKY AND GOT A GIRL THIS TIME BY NAME OF MARISOL, SHE WAS A JOKE AS WELL. COULDNT TELL ME WHERE MY ORDER WAS OR THE STATUS. BOTTOM LINE........... DO NOT BUY. IM SURE THE OWNER IS HAPY TO HAVE THESE GUYS WORKING FOR THEM"

modified review This review was modified by Serveu on October 02 2014 01:26:05 AM

"This place is a joke. Plain and simple.

I was ordering a new stereo system. And i did it in two parts half in one order and half in the other order. The first order went very well, Item purchased on a Thursday, and delivered the next Wednesday.. Not bad, good product and timely delivery.

The next order is where the company displayed their true colors. First off I received the initial package in about the same time as the first (day5), opened to reveal that they had sent the wrong item, Close to the same part but not what i wanted at all. No big deal I think, so I right away call the company, they have me take a picture of the wrong item and send it to the shipping department to verify the complaint and open a case. The service rep told me to expect an email within 24 hours with a return shipping label for the item and they would send the correct one as soon as it showed in transit. At this point so far so good, until three days later when I finally get the label after calling everyday to see the status of my case (day8). So the package is in the mail and I call the next day when they see it in transit to help verify that my order was in process to be corrected, guy tells me that it will now have to wait until they receive it at their place to verify condition before they will send the new one out again. Awesome... its the weekend again by now and over a holiday it doesn't arrive for another 7 days (day16), I see it arrive at their place and call them the next day to get some action, they assure me that by the end of the next business day it would go out. Sure enough next business day was the following Monday after the weekend (day20), they issue a label and it shows pending pickup by UPS for the next three days (day23), it never even left their warehouse, at this point I just surrender and call and try to get either my money back or the dang thing shipped out with some sort of expedited shipping, they just flat didnt try to keep my business, didnt try to make it right after wasting almost a month and me still not having the product, just issued a refund and called it good (day24).

I tried several times to contact some sort of manager, by email or phone with several voice mails, not a single returned call or email, I was not being belligerent because I understand that crap happens but in no way did they care about my business or how they treat their customers, buyer beware, you roll the dice with this company and expect to get screwed 50% of the time. This company sucks.

OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals User

"Ordered a stereo from OSC....they wont ship iteven though they have been paid.....they keep telling me that it must be llost in shippment..and I will recieve an email in 24hrs with updated shipping and when I ask to speak with a supervisor they tell me there are none available at this time...this place is a true rip off...glad I paid with paypal"

OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals User

"Like many others, I did not see this site first before ordering 2 amps at separate times. The first one took a few weeks to get but at the time didn't bother me as I was rebuilding a motorhome to install it in. The second arrived in a timely manor but quit working within 6 months and less than 8-10 hours. I returned it and once they received it, after 9 weeks was sent a message stating it could not be fixed or replaced and they gave me an $82 store credit. I paid $101. After 4 emails were ignored, I finally called them and was told The amp lost value while I used it, (depreciation I guess) so they could not give me the full amount. They also could not refund my money to my CC. Mind you, this amp was still under warranty. I was forced to buy a replacement amp through these guys or loose $82. Amazing enough, the new amp is on it's way. (checked UPS this morning) I paid $101 for it and it said free shipping right under the "add to cart" button, but because I had a store credit, I had to pay another $13 for shipping. By the way, it also cost $15 to send the amp back through USPS.
The moral of this story, read reviews on any company you buy through online. It might make the difference between a good experience and a feeling of being scammed. A scam is defined as "a swindle or fraud" and " to cheat or swindle". That seems to fit Onlinecarstereo.com perfectly, perfectly! Pay a little more and BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE! You have been warned.

Share OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals's store rating

OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals is not a merchant member
OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!