• OnlineCarStereo

• Customer Support: 888-615-5663
    • Business Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm PST Mon-Fri Closed on Weekends
    • Fax: 323-583-4076

Product & services pricing Rating 4.32/10 4.32/10

"I will never buy from this company again!!!!!!! I bought a JL sub 12w3v3-2 from them, had it professionally installed and it stopped working after about 5 months! After months of trying to contact them via phone with no answer I emailed them a few times and they said it only had a limited 30 day warranty! (My sub hasn't worked for about 3 months btw) You would think that a $200 sub would have a way better warranty than that! Do yourself a favor and don't waste your money buying from this place! If I could I would give them negative stars for wasting my time and money on such crappy service! I'm only giving them 1 star because I have to in order to finish the review with this worthless company! They suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by JamesSari on August 06 2015 07:33:20 PM

"don't buy here. took me 2 months to get them to answer phone. Just kept using different extension number till some poor dummy answered the phone.All the say contact manufacture of course they wont give you any info have to find yourself. They wont answer there e-mail ether. Thank god bought extra protection from CPS . They finally willing to help. DON'T GO HERE"

"Add another poor customer rating for Online Car Stereo May 30th I placed a order for a alpine sbr-s8-4 subwoofer & enclosure.
I was sent a email on June 2nd telling me there was a delay in shipment. I called June 19th to check on the status. The sales person was extremely obnoxious telling me they do not have any updates or they would call or email. I called again July 1 to check on the delay??
I ask the salesmen if there was a expected re-stock / shipping date. This same salesmen was incredibly obnoxious telling me he has no update and has no way to provide any details for a delivery date. Also told me i can wait all i want.. The PayPal transaction has been cancelled.. And will not call his vendor for a update.. This type of customer relations is absolutely not tolerable!! In such a competitive market. I just received a email stating my order has been canceled??? Over a month later?? A huge contradiction if the transaction was ironically cancelled just after the phone call on July 1 @ 6:04pm EST

Good luck!! in your career Online Car Stereo.

This review was modified by s3508ml on July 02 2015 12:20:34 PM

"Horrible experience!!! 1st and last!! To make the long story short, after calling seeeveral times (most of the time there was no answer), they never solve the issue, never shipped the item so I ended up cancelling the whole transaction. Their service is a disaster!"

This review was modified by ChrisMia on July 01 2015 03:46:27 PM

"they are a scam firm. selling products that do not have.Half a year ago I bought from them amplifiers for $ 6,013, up to now they did not complete the deliver them.They owe me $ 450 for not delivered amplifiers.they have no answer to the @ letters.they have not answered phone calls.Do not have affairs with these scam!!!"

"Horrible company. Do not buy from, they lied about sending the product and blamed on UPS. Sales rep was rude and dishonest. Never again. "

This review was modified by bowizza on May 19 2015 01:50:17 PM

"Seller refuses refund if there is an open dispute filed with paypal. Seller never sent merchandise and the tracking # is proof of this.
I purchased an item on the 4th of May. My purchase sat for 5 days with a tracking number but only a shipping label. UPS has stated they have not gotten the package. So I called OCS to see what was going on. The customer service guy started gibbering on about tracking # will be updated at UPS within 24-48 hours. He'd also mentioned he had no idea where my package was and stated it's been shipped. The following 48 hours there was still no package scanned into UPS. I made a follow up call and spoke with a female employee and wanted to know what is the hold up. She said she had no idea. I'd already pulled up reviews on this seller and their track record is spot on to most other complaints in that they dismiss you, talk right over you, and then when you do have a chance to speak it's almost immediately followed with them hanging up on you. At this point I simply wanted a refund. To protect my self, I used paypal to file a claim as there was still nothing rec'd from UPS from OCS. I called OCS and told them I have filed a claim and wanted my money back. They then told me that they will not issue a refund unless I rescind my paypal dispute.

I thought this was strange so I called paypal and they cateorically stated do not rescind your claim. I was told if I closed the dispute without being reimbursed I would lose my buyer protection and could likely result in no refund from OCS. To me this feels like they deliberately tried to con me into pulling my claim from paypal. This opened the door for OCS to have 10 days to respond to paypal. I cannot understand what OCS stands to gain by not refunding me either directly or through paypal. Seller was made aware that if they choose to issue my refund I will close the case. There was no possibility of me reconciling this issue and should my parcel be delivered I will not accept it. This staff is as rude as the other complaints as is the hangups and delaying shipping. OCS has the option to refund me and I go about ,way. Or, they can choose to roll the dice with paypal and continue to drag this out. If they choose the latter, they will lose, period. Along with that comes yet more negative ratings for the store added to the other existing 130.

In all my years of online purchasing, I have never been in this situation before. If party A drops the ball and party B wants to cancel outright because of this, in what alternate universe does this entitle OCS to refuse a refund when a product was never shipped in the first place?!? Steer clear of these guys. They are dishonest and have and abused their buyers by: wasting buyers personal time waiting to see if they made good on shipping, ignoring voice calls or hanging up you mid sentence, lying about items alleged to have been shipped, as well as attempts to put the buyer in a potential situation that would forfeit my right to be refunded. I just want my money back so I can be on my way.....

Delete review

This review was modified by sndstream on May 09 2015 06:06:43 PM

"I placed an order with online car stereo, checked the status of my order on their web site and got the tracking number when I checked with ups they told me they never received the package from the vendor. I called customer service and sat on hold for 10 minutes before some guy answers I explained what ups told me and he said that he didn't know what was going on and that ups couldn't tell me anything because of some stupid excuse he made up. When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was transferred to an answering machine and asked to leave a message. I did not leave a message because I emailed someone the day before and had received no response. I would be very wary when ordering anything from this company. They refused to refund my money because according to them my package is in transit even though ups hasn't received the package. If you want your items to show up on time and with piece of mind just buy from Amazon where you know that they will solve any issues you may have. If I was to give ONLINE CAR STEREO a star rating it would have to be negative 1 star as their customer service sucks."

This review was modified by trav216 on April 20 2015 10:46:14 AM

"I had a very unpleasant experience with this company. I spoke with a man from the customer service department on about ten minutes before closing, in regards to an online purchase i was trying to make but was being denied because the billing address was saying it was incorrect. The man on the phone told me he could process my order, but would have to verify the billing address with my bank, and that once it was verified the product would be sent to me. My account was charged for the product as well as two day shipping. I did not receive a confirmation email, and the package never came so i called 3 days later. The new customer service man was rude from the moment he answered the phone. I told him i did not receive the package, he proceeded to tell me that the address was not verified. I was trying to ask him why it wasnt verified yet and tried to explain what the man the week before had said before he rudely interrupt me numerous times. Every time i tired to speak he was very rude and interrupted me. I asked the man what his name was and if i could speak with a manager or supervisor he told me, "i dont have to give you that information" after i asked once more to speak to someone in charge, he hung up on me. I called back seconds later and spoke to the man that i had spoken to the week before. He told me that the address was not verified by the bank because they were backed up, and he continued to tell me that the product i ordered was a pre-order and wasnt even in stock. He transferred me to a man named Joe who is supposedly in charge. I left a message and never got a call back. I even sent an email with no reply. My main issues here is the disrespect from the employees at this company,, also if this was a pre-order and it was known that the item i paid for plus the extra $40 for two day shipping why didn't anyone call me and tell me there was an issue?
The lack of communication and disrespect from employees and management for not responding to their customers is atrocious. I am very upset about the treatment i have received and will never use this company again.

This review was modified by CamilleRoper on April 17 2015 08:01:50 AM

"Worst online retailer ever - stay far away!"

This review was modified by obsssd on April 15 2015 01:07:53 PM

"Placed an web order for a set of JL speakers and they charged CC about 24 hrs later . Next day the online order tracking stated payment accepted and order was processing. After 4 business days and no change and no response to emails finally called and sat on hold for a long time to speak to a human. Gentleman said it takes 2 or 3 days or so to process. I told him it had been 4 days since it was placed and 3 days since the card was charged. Then he informed me the item was out of stock and expected it would ship in 4-5 weeks. All done in an unprofessional and rude manner. Said "it is impossible to keep the inventory status up to date". Really, ..............I canceled the order and will spend my $$ elsewhere."

"The worst online buying experience I've ever had. I bought an amp from them, then I found this page doing research on whether I picked a good company. Well just look at the reviews????? Needless to say I called to cancel my order immediately. I'm guessing he's used to this because he didn't even try to talk me out of it or anything. He couldn't care less!
Ok, so 3 days roll around and I received notice of cancellation and everything. But Still no money back in my account. So I called my bank and they said if they don't refund you the money by 5 business days it will fall off. Or I could call them and ask them to refund it sooner so I could make a purchase elsewhere!?!?! So I did, and the guy was a total Ahole. Wouldn't even consider it. And the bank did say they could do it. So I argued with him being an ahole back and he just kept repeating himself. So I asked to talk to the manager and he hung up on me. And then I called back choosing multiple different extensions and kept getting hung up on!!!!!!!!! From all the horror stories I've read on here, so help me God, if I don't get my money back by Tuesday there's going to be serious consequences. If they rip me off like I've read on here or take forever I'll be beyond pissed!!! As I'm sure you can tell I am now! WHAT A FREAKING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND YET WHEN YOU LOOK UP BEST ONLINE RETAILERS, THEY'RE AT #1????? HA!!!! COMPLETE JOKE AND FRAUD!!!!!!

This review was modified by crankin9669 on March 20 2015 06:14:10 PM

"Bait and switch scam. Ordered an item. They email me and tell me its out of stock and offer me a worse item for the same price. When tell them i want the same quality item i originally ordered they tell me i have to pay more for a similar item."

This review was modified by wantedbostonacoustics on March 16 2015 06:30:08 PM

"Horrible service. Notified of backorder 8 days after order placement. Even provided with tracking which never worked. AVOID!!!"

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PLACE! CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS AND MANAGEMENT SUCKS ALSO! THEY DO NOT KNOW HALF OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING. ALSO, BUYER BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY JL AUDIO-ALPINE-KICKER-INFINITY-KENWOOD-PIONEER-JBL-CLARION-SONY-ETC...THE MAJOR NAME BRAND STUFF. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!! YES, PRICE MIGHT BE TEMPTING, BUT DONT BE FOOLED. THEY REMOVE SERIAL NUMBERS WHICH VOIDS WARRANTY. IF YOU SEND IN SOMETHING, YOU WILL GET THE SAME ITEM YOU SEND IN BACK IN RETURN, THEY JUST HOLD ON TO IT PRETENDING TO REPAIR IT, BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE THIS PLACE IS A RIP-OFF!! ALSO I GOT CHARGED FOR MERCHANDISE THE SAME DAY I ORDERED THEY HIT MY CREDIT CARD FOR THE FULL AMOUNT ($784) AND 2 1/2 WEEKS PASSED AND STILL NO MERCHANDISE. I TALKED TO A MARISOL, WHO IS A TOTAL MORON IN EXPLAINING THINGS THEN I TALKED TO SOME IDIOT WHO TALKS WITH A MIDDLE-EASTERN ACCENT ALL TO TELL ME THAT THE MERCHANDISE WAS ON ITS WAY. FINALLY, AFTER 3-ALMOST 1 MONTH, I GET MY JL AMP AND ALPINE UNIT, AND SOME SUBS, I COME TO FIND OUT THERE IS NO SERIAL NUMBERS. I CALLED AND THEY GAVE ME SOME BOGUS CRAP ABOUT ONLINECARSTEREO WARRANTY, I TALKED TO WARRANTY MANAGER BY NAME OF JUAN (WHO SOUNDS LIKE HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT) ONLY TO TELL ME THAT THEY ARE NOT AUTHORIZED AND THAT DEPENDING ON THE MERCHANDISE, THEY DONT REPAIR. SERIOUSLY!!! BOTTOM LINE FOLKS, SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND BE WARNED WITH THIS COMPANY. I SHOULD OF READ REVIEWS BEFORE DOING BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS!!

TAKE MY WORD AND LOOK AWAY! DON'T LET PRICES FOOL YOU. THESE GUYS ARE IN CALIFORNIA AND RUNNING SOME KIND OF SHADY SHIT OUT THERE. IF THEY WERE HERE IN FLORIDA, THEY WOULD OF BEEN SHUT DOWN ASAP!!!

Share OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals's store rating

OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals is not a merchant member
OnlineCarStereo.com / OSC Deals does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!