"Advertising scam and abusive customer service.

They advertise one price and checkout at another. I directed in the "notes" section to honor sale price or cancel order. They shipped and charged me non sale price. I called to get it corrected and was chastised by the rep and told I have to either accept the full charge or return it, I had no other option. (The sale price is still up at the time of writing this)

I then complained of their practice to BBB, where they accused me of demanding a refund and not giving them the option for credit and that I was abusive. Why would I spend time writing a negative review about not getting a credit if I got exactly what they claimed I wanted? They even claimed I had the product before it even left the USPS facility. Laughable.

Be warned they deal in volume so don't count on customer service or price correction; and it is true if you return defective product that shipped free they do in fact charge you shipping for the return.

oempcworld, oempcworld rep has responded

“The goods were shipped at the price indicated at checkout, which is the published price. Some 3rd party unauthorized vendors show various incorrect prices, we have no control over those unauthorized vendors. A full refund was offered. A refund can only be processed if the goods are returned.”

"These people are false advertisers. They listed upgrade 128 GB Memory Kit upgrade for $1,118.80 but when you go to buy it they change the price to $1,358.80. Their customer service refuses to honor their posted price. Here's the chat transcript.

Lisa:
Hi Anne - I did some further checking on that " kit" ...

Anne:
right- the one I sent the link to that show on your site

Lisa:
the 16GB sticks are now at $169.85 ea x 8 = $1358.80 - and yes - the price has increased (

Anne:
Then why do you show the kit at a different price? That is false advertising

no its not

What is it then?

Lisa:
we can't keep up with memory price increase and updating every product page

oempcworld, oempcworld rep has responded

“Customer was referring to a outdated price on a google search, not a paid advertisement. False advertising implies we paid for an ad. We do not advertise pricing for any items in general google searches”

"I ordered a specific Hynix module, no substitutions. Got exactly what I ordered and at a great price. Shippong was free and fast. Email communication was timely and clear"

"purchased 2 each 8gb micro sdhc card last year. a few weeks ago, one became unstable, so I returned under warranty replacement. online rma system worked well/easily. replacement card was mailed same day of receipt of my defective card. pleased with experience and outcome."

"Well what to say. Order seemed to go through smoothly, issued me a shipping number. Waited all week. Go into paypal to see the refunded me and voided the order and never even sent me a message!

Least you should do is inform the customer you voided a transaction. I respect that your company is honest, but a little customer service goes a long way...

oempcworld, oempcworld rep has responded

“Three emails were sent without reply at which time the order was considered possible fraud and funds returned to paypal account. Two more emails were sent indicating funds had been returned and that the order was voided.”

"I have ordered twice in recent months--both positive experiences. Quick shipping! I called and they steered me to the right memory at a good price. I just received a refurbished hard drive and it is working well and as advertised!"

"I ordered specific Hynix module, no substitutions. Got exactly what I ordered and at a great price! I also called, a person answered immediately, and was able to tell me exactly what I wanted to know."

"OEM PC World is our exclusive supplier of Sandisk microSD cards for our product, the N2A Card. Whether your order is for 1 or 1000 they treat you exactly the way you want to be treated, like a person. You are the most important customer to them and it shows in their follow up and attention to detail. There's always someone you can speak with if needed.

We began by ordering small quantities, manufacturing and distributing from our home. Now OEM PC World takes care of everything; Importing of raw materials, manufacturing, assembly, storage, inventory, and distribution. Without even asking they have lowered their costs of raw meterials 2 times in the past 6 months. OEM PC World is a very honest and dependable company. It is hard these days to find that, I'm very grateful that we did. Thanks guys!!!

Dave Vinzant
N2A Cards LLC
Scottsdale, AZ

"Service is excellent and product offering fits to our needs. "

"I've ordered from oempcworld twice. Both times, the product has been shipped immediately and received quickly. Both times, I received an email/call asking if the transaction went well and if there was anything I needed.

On one occasion, a memory chip was faulty and required replacement. The replacement was handled quickly, and was relatively painless.

Solid customer service, great prices and fast shipping. I'll be shopping here again.

"WARNING: If they ship you a DEFECTIVE product, they will not refund their shipping fee when you return it for a refund. And if there was "Free shipping", they will DEDUCT a shipping fee from your refund!
***FAIL***

oempcworld, oempcworld rep has responded

“All items shipped using Free Shipping promotion have the shipping cost deducted from the refund when returned. Vendors do not provide refund of original shipping costs when processing refunds, not even Amazon. Original shipping costs are deducted from product price if promotional shipping was selected.”

"They shipped me a thumb drive that their sales person said would work with Windows 98SE. It does not - confirmed by the tech support of the drive's company. Now oempcworld sales folk will not answer my emails asking for a refund or replacement. They are untrustworthy."

"I ordered a specific type of RAM from their website, that was shown to be in stock (their business model apparently mostly works by ordering a generic brand, not a specific model). I got an email saying my order had shipped some days after the order was made, but 3 days after that I got an email saying the part I ordered was out of stock, so it hadn't shipped after all. They offered me another item instead but did not provide any other information about the part except the brand, even when I specifically asked for it. I cancelled the order.

Also check out the terms and conditions before buying. Their "guarantee" that the RAM you buy will work in your computer is just a normal right to return the product at your cost. The guarantee does not actually mean anything.

oempcworld, oempcworld rep has responded

“All computer memory products selected using our configurator tools are guaranteed to work in the selected computer because we have specifically determined it to be the correct module for that computer. We guarantee that we have done the research so the customer does not have to.”

"Have ordered from them 3 times, both PC RAM and camera memory cards, they shipped fast and sent the right items each time. Most recent order was for some 1GB memory cards that can no longer be found in stores. Reasonable prices, free shipping, fast delivery. I recommend them as a good place to shop."

"Do NOT send in your old memory to this company. They advertise they give you 35-50% of what they sell the memory for on their website. I sent in 6 newer memory sticks and they gave me $8 in store credit. What a coincidence that they only refund your credit card if it's $10 or more. Otherwise, you get store credit.

So they take your memory, give you well below its worth and then expect you to buy from them again. Not a chance.

My advice: Find another company that offers a buyback.

modified review This review was modified by caaabeel on December 23 2009 11:07:45 AM

oempcworld is a Merchant Member! Learn more

oempcworld is a merchant member
oempcworld participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,875 merchant members.