Stores > Nebraska Furniture Mart

• Nebraska Furnit

• option not available Customer Notification For Publicly Replies

Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10

"It took me two phone calls to finally get the online price to match the advertised price. So, any unsuspecting online customer would have paid almost $34 more by buying online. Then I ordered the furniture and when I hit submit, I realized it hadn't given me the coupon discount. It took me 3 times to even get the order to work and when it did, it eliminated the coupon prices. I wrote and told them to either correct the prices or cancel the order. They wrote back and told me that the phone numbers I gave did not match their records. The only thing I can figure is they have an old home phone number but when I sign into my account online the phone numbers are correct. They would not change the prices or cancel my order because they said I didn't give them the right phone number. This is ludicrous! They didn't care about that when I placed the order. Why would someone else want to cancel my order? I even sent them the original receipt that I got from them online. I would never recommend anyone do business with this untrustworthy company. They have the big percentage of the furniture market in KC and they sure act like it. I told them I would not accept delivery of the furniture, so they lost a sale over some stupid snafu. Funny isn't it, that they don't make you verify anything to place an order and use their credit card but when it comes to cancelling, they want it verified. So unprofessional! They use bully tactics."

"I purchased 2 desks for the office and a chair back in Aug 6th and to date (Sept 24th). I have not received them. They have good furniture but it does no good if you cant have it. I won't bore with details other than to say after 5 hours on customer no service we have learned that our chair is lost and we may get it in Oct. and that on desks are on a "Special" truck which apparently means that it takes a week to drive 20 minutes because they were suppose to be here on Monday. Now that it is Thursday, I have been sitting on the floor working waiting for furniture that cant seem to get here. We are on the phone with them again trying to get it, which has been a daily routine with them. So I am warning everyone if you want to have the furniture do not purchase from Nebraska Furniture Mart. "

This review was modified by Treelove2 on September 24 2015 08:22:00 AM

"I purchased a mattress set from Nebraska Furniture Mart on 07/22/15. The salesperson who sold me the mattress believed the mattress to be a "perfect fit" for my needs as I suffer from bulging discs, torn discs, and arthritis. He also informed me I needed to purchase a $150 mattress protector otherwise the store would not take the mattress back on exchange due to possible stains. I declined the offer for them to take more money from me as I felt it was a sales ploy and truly, it is. He told me this is necessary to make sure the mattress didn't get "stains" on it. Well my question to them is how do you know the customer even uses the mattress protector? Too, I already have a very expensive mattress protector. I asked a customer service agent today, 07/28/15 about this and she said well, "All we can do is trust the customer will put it on." So how does this guarantee anything? That statement there told me it was exactly as I thought, that it is indeed a sales tactic used to get the customer to spend more money. Too, the salesman told me when the mattress is returned, it is sprayed with loads of chemicals (most likely toxic) so it can be re-sold as used. That in itself doesn't seem very safe to me. I'm extremely disappointed with this company and will never ever purchase another product from them. They are in no way concerned or have care for the customer who is spending money at their stores keeping them in business. the only thing I was offered after the customer service rep spoke to a manager, which was so ridiculous btw, was that I could bring it back and exchange but I would have to pay a 25% "restocking" fee. Please do not purchase a mattress set from this store. They will screw you over!!!"

This review was modified by LisaM43 on July 28 2015 08:39:21 AM

"Special ordered living room set (only special because I chose the fabric from their selections) in May for mid-June delivery. Every other week they tell me it's another 2 weeks out. Refuse full refund claiming I owe a 25% restocking fee. The did not comply with the terms of the sale agreement, not me. They should pay me 25% for the inconvenience. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE NOT CURRENTLY IN STOCK IN THEIR WAREHOUSE. They will screw you over with no recourse. Except they may find themselves in small claims court over this one as it was a VERY expensive set of furniture."

This review was modified by WTFPOS on July 23 2015 03:30:56 PM

"Worst experience ever! Bought an oven on 5/1 for 5/8 delivery. Delayed they said till the 15th, then no call from them. Canceled the order and on the 21st they call to say they have it. Rebought it again and they load it in the truck and it's not only the wrong model, but a non-functioning store display sent to them from KitchenAid for in store display only. Told KitchenAid corp about it and they were livid. Will never go to this store again...they sell items they cannot deliver on and will just use the "delay excuse" over and over. Been reading other nightmare stories about this place all over the web. Be warned."

"0.0001/5! They WITHDREW money out of my account after my balance was paid in FULL!!I am Livid at this store. .I purchased furniture from this store, and after I paid it off in full, they have been pulling money from one of my banking accounts for 5 months! They pulled $315.00 from My account! I called to get my refund and they said at first they were going to leave it on my account for credit! ABSOLUTELY not.They said I needed to have blocked them from my bank on my end when it was paid off! I said absolutely not, and they are refunding me my money finally.Horrible horrible experience. Total crooks."

This review was modified by 1legalthieves on December 17 2014 07:16:17 PM

"Worst shopping experience in my life. First, had to order through the phone because of shopping cart errors. A week after the order was confirmed, I get a phone call to notify me they are out of stock and will change to a different product. I wait 2 months and they tell me they will have to delay the shipping UNTIL NEXT YEAR. They had the audacity to try to charge me a 15% cancellation fee for not waiting 6 months for my order? Communication was poor and unprofessional. Avoid this company at all costs!"

This review was modified by a1ire on December 05 2014 03:21:05 PM

"Bought two Ashley loveseats with center console. After 15 months one side of one loveseat started peeling. I called customer care; and all they said was that they go by the manufacturers warranty and that they would consider peeling leather after one year as ;normal wear and tear and could not help!! I had only ask them for advice as to how to repair the area at my own expense. I wonder if a car company would have that attitude with their leather seats? NFM should rename the departmetn as customer care-less. NFM sells junk and does not stand behind their sales."

"Purchased whirlpool washer/dryer on 1/10/14. Paid cash. Total for both was over $ 2300.00. Was told by salesman that order was delayed due to bad weather until 1/20/14. Fine a short delay on an item was not a problem. Took time away from work to be there on said date. NO CALL NO SHOW! At 11 am called them. Was told item again is delayed until the 25. NFM called on 24 to delay until the 29. NFM called today the 27 to delay until the 31. Three weeks to deliver a washer/dryer!!! This was not a special order item. Major pain in the butt.Many trips to laundry mat in this time span too. Very unhappy with purchase already and have not even recieved the item. Seems NFM has become just another big box store. NFM has not even offered anything other than a robotic apology. A discount for inconvenience maybe? Sad to see a family owned business turn into a bloated uncaring giant"

This review was modified by RodneyWallbanger on January 27 2014 07:21:39 PM

"On 1/4/2014 I placed an for an Xbox 360 4 GB Kinect Holiday Bundle (NFM SKU# 39128954) on NFM.com, my credit card was successfully charged for the full amount and I received an email confirmation for my order. Nebraska Furniture Mart lists on their website that electronics orders over $49 are shipped for free. In the days since I placed my order the items price was raised from 199.48 to 294.99. I can only assume that some combination of not wanting to honor the sale price for the xbox and cover the cost of shipping has given Nebraska Furniture Mart second thoughts. I received an email from Libby McIntyre (libby.mcintyre@nfm.com) on 1/7/2014 stating that my order was high risk and that it would be cancelled. This is plainly deceptive advertising meant to lure customers in but canceling orders if they do not buy other high margin items. I filed a case with the Nebraska Better Business Bureau (BBB CASE#: 300100829) but NFM stuck by their stance that I must be some sort of fraudster. "

This review was modified by Matt-A on January 22 2014 11:18:03 AM

"Made a purchase today morning at 2:30 am. An amazing price on a HP monitor.

I guess too many people got in on the deal so they cancelled my order and sent me an email basically saying "Oops, we made a boo-boo"

Websites should be made accountable for their inventory and they should not be allowed to cancel orders like this.

Thumbs down. Booo.

Share Nebraska Furniture Mart's store rating

Nebraska Furniture Mart is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Nebraska Furniture Mart is not a merchant member
Nebraska Furniture Mart does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!