• monoprice.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.72/10 8.72/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.80/10 7.80/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.70/10 8.70/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.61/10 8.61/10

"Monoprice.com are excellent with GREAT customer service. (I rarely leave reviews like this but they were simply spot on with everything).

I live in the UK and through Amazon bought a graphics tablet from Monopriceuk (as they were on Amazon at the time). The pen wasn't great but otherwise a fantastic tablet for its price. After a while the pen gave out and Monopriceuk were no longer there. I contacted Monoprice in the USA to ask to buy another pen (thinking my warranty had expired) but they asked me for my details and shipped a brand new replacement pen out which arrived within 2 weeks. Everything works great now and Monoprice have been nothing but helpful and excellent in their customer service. I just want to say how impressed I am with them over all, as a company and regarding their graphics tablets.

So, thank you very much from a satisfied customer in the UK.

modified review This review was modified by LaerrusUK on April 20 2015 08:46:22 AM

"Placed an order on a Sunday afternoon (5:06 PM PST) and later that day realized that I had forgotten to include some items. Customer service was already closed, so I called the next day first thing in the morning (6:00 AM PST) and was told that the order could not be canceled. I cannot believe that in this day and age it's impossible to do this while other online stores will happily let you do it even without a call. This was my last order with you, sorry."

modified review This review was modified by dcasa on April 20 2015 06:36:08 AM

"good prices and customer service

tho ordered a few things 3 weeks ago (I know Canada order can take long) but no tracking info was sent or on my account

"I love monoprice! The prices are great and the quality is on point! One thing that I have now learned is don't allow them to ship USPS though. Made an order on Sunday, shipped out Monday, (priority 2 day) it is now Thursday and no package. I tracked it and it is still at their local USPS. I contacted monoprice about this they stated that it is their policy that it has to be 7 days before they will file a claim. On an item that hasn't left their local USPS. I have ordered from them in the past using UPS without any delay. "

"Monoprice is currently using one of the worst shipping companies i have ever seen in my life. GSO look them up on yelp. so many bad reviews and yet you choose to give your business to them. I'm a computer tech and i always sent my customers to monoprice for and wire and cable needs but not anymore. don't buy from this company if you value actually receiving your packages."

modified review This review was modified by robertc2010 on April 06 2015 01:46:47 PM

"They sell quality products and their prices are the cheapest around"

"Everything about this order was a royal pain. The order went missing, was forced to wait a long time before they would re-send. Item finally showed up and they wanted me to return the replacement box. This would have been fine except their customer service person refused to actually read my emails and kept asking for information that I said was incorrect. Still unresolved more than a month later and I am not a happy customer. Would love to know the corporate office information so I could contact them directly. Fed up!"

modified review This review was modified by cpl100 on April 02 2015 03:32:07 PM

"Monoprice, Get's it right every time! Everything a guy needs for sure. The prices and shipping is why i continue to shop here. And even better is the shipping if super fast, I live in San Diego and shipping was within a day or so.
Kyle V. tech support, give that guy raise. his customer service skills are superior. :)

"I have been dealing with monoprice for years...best prices and best customer service....where bestbuy's price for a 6ft HDMI cable is over $30.00 monoprice is generally sub $10.00."

modified review This review was modified by TimeNuff on March 27 2015 09:43:23 AM

"Great product. Only complaint is that it got here a day after I was expecting it."

"Monoprice started with a straightforward business model: They find unbranded stuff from Asia that’s of decent quality, slap a Monoprice logo on it, and sell it for a small markup with shipping charges of about what it actually costs to get it to you. It’s a good idea, and it works pretty well.

I’ve shopped there for years, recommended them many times, and I’ve been generally happy with the experience--the stuff works, is from relatively to extremely cheap depending on the item, and the shipping and handling speed and cost are reasonable. They even have some useful information about installation of products and technical details on the site, and their reps will often answer questions posted on product pages.

(Important tip, by the way: Always order on weekends unless you’re desperate--they frequently run weekend sales that run Saturday through Monday.)

Today, however, was the first time I felt burned by them being a “discount” merchandiser rather than a place that has good service but sells things cheap (Amazon, say). I placed an order around midnight Friday. No problems, told by the system it would ship Monday. 12 hours later, about noon Saturday, I realized I wanted to add something to the order to save shipping. I also happened to notice that they’d kicked in a significant promotion running over the weekend that hadn’t started Friday night, but I was willing to buy at full cost already, so that doesn’t really matter.

In any case, I went to see if I could modify my order, or in lieu of that cancel it and re-order the stuff. It wasn’t going to ship until Monday anyway, and the system said it hadn’t been packed yet, either, so I figured that wouldn’t be a problem--most stores I’ve shopped at will let you cancel an order if they haven’t picked it yet.

But no, according to their customer rep, “within 5 minutes” after you click okay on the order, it goes into the system and that’s it--no take-backs. Even if it won’t be packed and shipped until Monday, the only way to not buy the stuff is to get an RMA, let them put it in a box, ship it to you, then refuse delivery. You still pay shipping in that already-silly scenario, of course.

I am not a professional warehouse manager, but it would genuinely surprise me if whatever management queue their warehouse puts orders into is completely unable to remove any item inserted into it. And if it is that inflexible, I’d delay putting items into it until the staff was at least at work.

I could also feel a little burned at agreeing to pay for items that would not ship for three days, having my credit card charged immediately, then having those same items be reduced in price a few hours later for anyone who buys them now, even though they will ship at exactly the same time as mine. But, again, I was willing to buy at the price I clicked “Buy” at, so that’s a weak complaint.

In any case, nothing they did violated their written policies or went against the content of the site, so I didn’t get ripped off, but I went away unhappy, since made me feel like I was buying form a throughput-obsessed assembly line rather than a store that cared about me as customer.

Oh well, there’s always a tradeoff.

"Once again Monnoprice exceeded my expectations with a quality product at a good price."

"I'm pretty much sold on Monoprice's customer service. I had purchased a pair of earbuds from the site that got caught on a knob and detached the inner wiring. Since I had only had them for two weeks, I was pretty bummed. I didn't expect much when I emailed the customer service to see if the product was salvageable, and was pleasantly surprised to read that they would send me a replacement as a courtesy. I didn't even need to send the broken ones back.

The emails were quick and the replacements came amazingly fast. I think the customer service was excellent and gracious in this instance, and I would definitely shop again/ recommend the site to others.

"I originally ordered this as a valentines gift. The first package came early but was damaged. I then called monoprice to explain the situation, they gave me a rma # and paid the shipping to return the product for a replacement. I received an email with the UPS label to print and sent the package back. I received a new package a week or so later. I am happy with my purchase and also got a great deal. It sucks that the original package and product was damaged and I had to wait a little longer, but Sammy at monoprice was very helpful and I'm pleased with the service provided by monoprice. I will order from them again."

"Descriptions of Items were not clear. I had to send two items back and was forced to pay shipping then, on 3/7/2015, had order in cart for over $80. On order page offer stated FREE SHIPPING on orders over $75. also 15% off entire. I added one other item before placing and system defaulted to where I had to pay for shipping. I cancelled order as Beverly stated via chat the next morning offer expired. I have been buying many items from Monoprice recently to find their customer service not helpful. I have also referred several friends to Monoprice. Other companies I deal with, such as BH Photo are much better with help and customer service."

modified review This review was modified by rcproshooter on March 08 2015 01:30:49 PM

Share monoprice.com's store rating

monoprice.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

monoprice.com is not a merchant member
monoprice.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!