Stores > monoprice.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.98/10 5.98/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.64/10 4.64/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.59/10 3.59/10

2016-02-02

Order delayed by more than twice the ETA, customer service rep indifferent

"Ordered adapters from Monoprice, and chose "Small Package delivered by USPS: 3-6 business days $1.99" as my shipping method (at the time of writing this review, the same cost was $1.49).

My order total was $15.19 as follows:
2xMini DisplayPort 1.1 to DVI Adapter - White ($6.60 each): $13.20 + $1.99 Shipping

When I contacted the customer service at the beginning of the business day I was told to wait 2 business days. I waited that day since my conversation was at the beginning of the day and till end of the next business days (=2 business days). At this point I had waited 14 days for a package that was supposed to arrive in 6. What made this egregious was that this was supposed to have shipped from my neighboring state and I could've possibly driven to their facility and picked up the package in lesser time.

On my second contact with the customer service, I was asked simply asked to wait for the package and the customer service rep seemed unenthusiastic in resolving the issue beyond asking me to wait longer than I already had.

What further adds to this aggravation is that the website is poorly designed. Despite making you create an account, there is no way to track your order status without entering your information into a form physically, which includes going back to your email account, getting the order confirmation number and entering that into the form manually.

Not to mention having the account doesn't help - the address is not saved despite checking the box to "save address for future orders" so should you choose to return you still have to enter all of the information again.

In hindsight, buying the adapters from Amazon with my prime membership would have been a much better idea. Sure they cost $11, but you get free one day shipping including deliveries on Saturdays and Sundays. Monoprice charges you $17.05 for next day shipping.

Save yourself the aggravation and stick to the tried and tested stores.

Monoprice offers:
- Slightly lower costs that are offset by super slow, yet paid shipping
- Poor, unmotivated customer service.

Avoid!

2016-01-29

Great company to do business with

"They have outstanding quality materials at bargain prices. Their "premium" RCA cables rival Monster Cable in build and in sound quality. Orders are processed quickly and are extremely well packed. I have now placed several orders with this company and have yet to be disappointed."

2016-01-25

Order cancelled without a reason

"I've tried to order some speaker cables and banana plugs from monoprice.com two times but both of then my order has been cancelled. In the first one my credit card was charged but for some strange reason the order was cancelled. Since I have not received any e-mail regarding the cancel, I've contacted support and after the response was "There appears to have been an issue with the payment and our system has automatically cancelled the order. If the items are still required Amazon Payments would be recommended.". It is a very strange answer because I've called my credit card issuer and the charge was there (already refunded by monoprice, indeed). I've tried to order it again using Paypal, but got a similar result, this time with an "Not Auth" error at Monoprice, but not even an attempt or record of the transaction at Paypal. I'm very dissatisfied because the products are not going to make it on time for me and the support was not very clear and precise in it's answers."

This review was modified by riazevedo on January 25 2016 03:35:06 PM

2016-01-24

Monoprice is great

"Monoprice has consistently sold me the highest quality goods at the lowest price/ They have also shipped quickly and beyond my expectations. What's not to like."

2016-01-22

"First time ordering, wish had known about MONOPRICE sooner. The order I placed was complete, well packaged, great quality and ahead of scheduled delivery date. Every item ordered was exactly as pictured on their website, items worked like a charm, will place another in the near future. SERVICE GREAT, PRICING GREAT , QUALITY GREAT & MONOPRICE has earned a NEW CUSTOMER. "

This review was modified by freddiebee on January 22 2016 05:36:50 PM

2016-01-16

Prices are the lowest but quality is sky high :D

"I made my first purchase at monoprice.com this week and am pleasantly surprised that low prices doesn't have to mean low service and quality. On the contrary, Monoprice delivers great products. Whenever you need special cables for your computers and peripherals, I recommend to look first at this store."

Monoprice is the best!

"I am always impressed with the value and quality of all the many items Monoprice has for it customers. Whenever I need something for my home theater needs, Monoprice is my first stop.
Geat service and I have always had great customer support.
The cables I ordered this time were perfect and exactly what I wanted.
Monoprice is the best!

This review was modified by Jckk on January 12 2016 07:14:41 PM

I love Monoprice

"This company is quick and accurate. You need something fast and you get it. I use them weekly for different items for our company.-Heart Zones Inc"

Good Products, Service, and Fast Shipping

"I've ordered things from monoprice several times. Every time, the items were delivered promptly, once even next day! The cables are the same quality as the ones brick-and-mortar stores charge way too much for. I had an issue with some earbuds only working in one ear, they shipped me a new pair with no hassle, it was really easy. "

This review was modified by theonetruepelican on January 12 2016 10:10:22 AM

2016-01-09

"Excellent product, excellent service and excellent price. What else can I say? Will definitely buy again and highly recommended. Buy with confidence. "

This review was modified by Abedross on January 09 2016 07:01:46 PM

2016-01-08

"Simply awesome!! I got my item in less then 24 hours after I ordered it.
Thanks Monoprice!!

2016-01-06

"Well Monoprice has just lost a large Canadian account and accounts with partners due to overpricing Shipping to Canada. Charging a fee of 35.00 usd for shipping and then expecting customers to pay waybills and customs into Canada is far fetched and using a company like DHL to boot. for a 28.00 USD charge it cost 55.00 USD to ship to Canada. To all Canadian companies, please refuse to do business with this company for any computer or electronics they may have a good price point but their shipping costs out weigh the product pricing. Use Linhawstore.com instead pricing is in CAD but shipping is 1/10th the cost."

2015-12-30

"product defective, has to be the absolute worst customer service possible. "

2015-12-29

"Not reliable
I ordered several items (including hover board) which were supposed to be a holiday present for my kids. I placed the order, paid with Paypal; made sure that the payment went through. The next day Paypal emailed me that the payment was reversed. Zero notice from Monoprice. Email Monoprice. Fast forward through weekend I called Paypal, they confirmed that the payment was in fact reversed by Monoprice. Two days later I got email from Monoprice with the header "Issue resolved", which stated that they had nothing to do with payment cancellation. Called them, hoped to reorder with expedited shipment - zero cooperation. In a nutshell it sounded like "you got your money back, now go @please yourself" (not the actual words).
Bottom line: holidays are gone, no presents thanks to Monoprice.

2015-12-29

"Always fast,always responsive to my needs, always have the product I'm looking for and always at the best price."

This review was modified by ElihuFlapdoodle on December 29 2015 09:02:50 AM

Share monoprice.com's store rating

monoprice.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

monoprice.com is not a merchant member
monoprice.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!