Stores > monoprice.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.75/10 2.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review monoprice.com by clicking a star below.
2017-07-15

Sh#t experience

"Product arrived late. Box was not sealed. Small parts floating in bottom of unsealed box. 3d printer was to be assembled. Was not. Parts floating in shipping container. Called to return. Got a #. Days later network down, no pick up info, no one I talk to knows what the f#ck is going on. Will get back but never do. I am still waiting. I will be posting this everywhere I can if I get no response immediatly.
Monoprice has my money. Refuses to refund untill they decide when to get back to me. "Extortion and Fraud"

2017-07-10

Hope your order goes smoothly, or else you're in limbo forever

"I placed my order on June 26th, and payed with paypal. The funds were deducted from my account immediately, but my order on Monoprice never changed. It just staye as "In Progress". I opened a web chat with a support rep on July 5th, trying to find out what happened with my order. I would normally expect a company to proactively contact me and let me know that something was wrong, instead of me figuring it out on my own. The support rep that I chatted with said that she was helpless to do anything, and that "IT" had to find out what was wrong with the order before either a cancellation/refund was issued, or shipment took place. I asked if they could compensate me either by expediting shipping, or monitarily in some other way, but again, the support rep couldn't answer. Frustrated, I ended the chat, not knowing what would be next, or when it would happen. Today, July 10th, I placed a phone call into Monoprice support, and tried to find out again, what was taking so long. And AGAIN, the support rep couldn't tell me anything about what had happened, nor when it would be fixed. She only stated that she'd escalate to the "IT" team. I tried pressing for escalation to a supervisor or manager, but they were "at lunch". So again, I have no recourse but to continue waiting. Time to file a complaint with Paypal, and go that route. What a complete waste. Normally, I've been happy with Monoprice, but apparently, they're only a great company if things go perfectly."

2017-05-25

Monoprice used to be reliable but now... yikes are they bad!

"Their products are okay at best, have had hit-n-miss luck with their electronic components and speakers, good luck on their patch panels, jacks and mounts. Obviously I went there for price, but the quick order turnaround and shipping was a bonus. Well, that's gone now. Their turnaround and shipping has taken a serious dive over the past year or so. They no longer get orders shipped on time, they charge way more for overnight shipping now and don't deliver on that promise. To me that is adding insult to injury, charging way more than before AND not delivering... come on! Last few orders have all been the same story, pay for overnight, order doesn't get out of warehouse on time, shipping is slow or doesn't show up at all, get needed parts elsewhere, attempt to cancel order several times and ways, eventually get someone to respond, feel disrespected and disregarded. Well no more for me! Have spent 10's of thousands of dollars with them over the past few years and I still get treated with complete disregard, I'm just a number and not a valued customer to them. Taking my business elsewhere from now on."

2017-05-19

If you're unlucky enough to need to do an RMA, support is horrible and they do NOT respond to inquiries.

"If you get what you ordered and it's good, great. But Heaven help you if you need assistance of any kind. Their support is terrible. They do not respond to emails, and they do not have phone number to call. It's truly that bad, and I will never buy from them again. I had a chance to order my purchase from Amazon, but decided to go with Monoprice because they were cheaper. Now I see why."

2017-05-07

NEVER AGAIN!!! THANKS MONOPIECEOFCRAP!!!!!

"I am a Small Business out of Texas. I usually purchase all of our IT GEAR!!! From Amazon but this order I wanted to give Monoprice a shot. I am a new business customer for them!!!!
Here is how my experience breaks down so far with 2 large orders!!!!!
First order!!!
April 28th
Order $400.00 worth of networking supplies for a client and a large project!
We paid for ( Next Day: 1 business day : 1ZY511170181347720 )
We paid all most $120.00 shipping fees for next day service from the 28th of April!!
IT TOOK 5 DAYS to arrive cause mono price messed up and did not get it out on time at all!!!!!
We order over 100 cat5e Toolless keystone jacks. These jacks are pure crap and i cant believe Monoprice would sell Crappie product. We contacted mono last week on last week on thurs. It has taken monoprice RMA dept 4 days to just email us a RMA for them!!!!
Second Order!!!!
May 1st
Ordered $450.00 worth of networking supplies for a and a large project!!! ( I have know fallen behind cause of mono price with this and my clients are very upset with us!!!
We paid for (Shipped Out via UPS 3 Day Select 1ZY511171281374242)
We paid $88.00 dollars for this.
We paid $88.00 dollars for 3 day select order on the 1st and should have shipped the 2nd per mono. MONO website said delivered by Thurs the 4th end of day!!! But then it changed and said by Fri the 5th!!! We waited all day friday. Out of 3 boxes we received only 2. This was late friday after noon evening mono was closed so we contacted UPS. UPS Agent Vicki stated Mono price had messed up and did not have all the order ready by pick up date so they only shipped 2. The 3rd Box was suppoed to be here MON by 10am per the UPS agent . Now I go to check tracking 1ZY511171281374242 and now its shows on the 9th by end of day. Thats 7 DAYS after the fact and 6 days after the due date.
Ups stated mono will have to refund shipping!!!! I have spent over $1000.00 In less then a week with monoprice and they screw everything up for both my orders.
I have contracts with my clients to supply some stuff this stuff is very important to my job. I am know 1 week behind cause of this and could lose my contract cause of Monoprice messing up both my orders!!!
THANKS MONOPRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2017-05-06

never received the product. Invoice #: 15647074, placed 2.14.17

"just bought some cheap headphones. looked like a nice deal. 3 sets of mid level earbuds for about 25$. thought it was legit. months later: NO RESPONSE TO QUERIES. NO FEEDBACK. CAVEAT LECTOR. this site rips off small buyers. I've had several DJ friends in VA say the same story. BEWARE."

2017-05-05

My 1st purchase from Monoprice was excellent

"In searching on Google for cables I needed I discovered Monoprice. Having not heard of them until this search I checked reviews and found a lot of negative ratings and comments along with positive ones. Well, I decided to place my order for the cables and a large weatherproof wheeled hard case at ridiculously low prices. My order was shipped the same day from SoCal and arrived less than two working days later on the very Northern California coast the long way around, as Hwy 101 was closed by the landslide. My shipping cost for this order $8.99. Does it get any better than this? If so, then I want to be there, too. "

2017-04-29

Great products, fast shipping, and there for me when I need them!

"I've been purchasing items from monoprice ever since I learned about them. Their prices on cables are so good I would never buy anywhere else.
Two days ago I received half an order even though it was marked 'complete'. I contacted them in the afternoon, and the missing cables arrived the following morning. They had overnighted 98 cents worth of SATA cables!
I love the company, and am blown over by their customer service. I see bad reviews about them, but in all these years I've never had a single issue!

2017-04-05

Terrible customer service

"I've been a customer since the beginning (2002?) I've always had a good experience until this last year. I've had to reorder several parts as they incorrectly sent the wrong items. I've been trying to get them to send me a missing piece for a fireplace mount for +3mo and they've sent me the wrong item twice. They fail to reply to email and the wait time for customer service is terrible. Most of the time you wait for 20mins and the line drops. I've tried everything to resolve the issue but they don't seem to care. "

2017-03-29

Cheap cables; slow shipping; deletes negative reviews

"Monoprice made its bones on cheap cables and they're all right for that; just get extras because they may break quickly. Their other stuff I cannot recommend. It's all short-run ODM stuff, the sort of trash you get when you buy low end private label stuff (e.g. Dynex) but significantly cheaper.

Shipping is slower than expected and priced to encourage large orders.

Two months ago I posted a 5 star review of a switch. That's still there. Tonight I received a broken microphone clip and posted a review; gone within hours, and the site does not allow you to post more than one review per product. Horseshit. This is a common trick used by a lot of retailers, so in general do not trust any storefront's review section (except maybe Newegg and Amazon, most of the time).

Conclusion: OK if you need a bunch of cheap disposable cables. Forget it for anything else and forget customer service or trustworthiness.

2017-03-07

customer service returns

"I by error returned the wrong mount to Monoprice. I received an email to this effect. For over a month and many calls to customer service and to the head of the Return Dept. Steven Lobelia,
(who gave me his direct number when I was transferred to him once) I have yet to get a straight answer to two simple questions : where is my mount and when can I expect it to be returned to me?
No answer to date, I only bounced from a live CS person to voice mails.
Good customer service is what distinguishes one seller from another. Parent co. HQ ,i was told by CS, is in Taiwan.

2016-12-18

Used to love them - Not anymore.

"I have used Monoprice.com in the past and loved them. They have great products. But I must say things have changed. I placed an order on 12/9 for some stuff I urgently needed a few weeks before Christmas to finish a remodel project. I was unaware that two of the 9 items I ordered apparently are special order (I guess?) and show a 3-5 day ship time. Why would they not partial ship the rest? However to make matters worse, the ship time they provided was 12/16 which is the full 5 business days (7 actual days) and that date rolled around - still not shipped. The customer service replies were slow, and non helpful...and here I am still not having my products. I ordered about 15 items from Amazon and paid for 2-day shipping and recvd ALL my items in 1 day from them.

I know it is not so fair to compare Amazon to other stores..but it is what it is. I can understand having to special order stuff - but the customer service and fact that my order has still not shipped after 10 days is unacceptable. Will not use Monoprice.com again.

Very poor customer service. You can expect to get auto generated responses only after 3-4 days - good luck getting any actual response about your issue.

2016-12-17

Incompetent Seller

"Ordered a simple coaxial splitter. Instead I received an AV cable. I asked them to send me the correct item, but they say (through email) that I have to enter my request on their website under my RMA request. However, there is no request section of the RMA request. The only option is to cancel the RMA. They refuse to answer my emails. Customer Service is non-existent. Absolutely terrible company. $8 wasted for something I never received. $50 in wasted time. Should have just ordered it from Amazon."

2016-11-21

Been almost a month, still no refund.

"I made an order the weekend before Halloween, and realized I ordered the wrong cables. I tried to call first ting that Monday (6AM PDT), but their phone systems were down. By the time I got a hold of someone, it was deemed to be too late.

Monoprice's policy is that once a SHIPPING LABEL is created, they can't stop the process, let alone getting the package out of their outgoing shipments, they won't do that. They will ship the package, and then I have to refuse it, and then send it back.

Well, it's 3 days before Thanksgiving, and I'm still waiting on them to get my package back and give me my money. I'd rather they just give me my cash back, and they can deal with getting their stuff back.

I'm done, no more monoprice cables, no more monoprice orders. no more monoprice.

2016-11-03

I NOW HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET WHEN COMCAST COULDN'T DO IT

"I had poor Wi-Fi range and Comcast could not help even though they replaced the router. I bought three of these PowerLine Converters. Setting them up was easy and 30 minutes after I started I had gone from 20GB to 60GB. I wish I would have known about these a year or two ago.
I use one on my Computer and one on my DVD/Blu Ray player so I can finally watch my Netflix videos without it freezing up.
The price was a deal, around $30 each and they are well built. They arrived in just 3 days. They will last for years. Set up was easy.

Share monoprice.com's store rating

monoprice.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

monoprice.com is not a merchant member
monoprice.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!