• monoprice.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.83/10 8.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.95/10 7.95/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.95/10 8.95/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.87/10 8.87/10

"I have been dealing with monoprice for years...best prices and best customer service....where bestbuy's price for a 6ft HDMI cable is over $30.00 monoprice is generally sub $10.00."

modified review This review was modified by TimeNuff on March 27 2015 09:43:23 AM

"Great product. Only complaint is that it got here a day after I was expecting it."

"Monoprice started with a straightforward business model: They find unbranded stuff from Asia that’s of decent quality, slap a Monoprice logo on it, and sell it for a small markup with shipping charges of about what it actually costs to get it to you. It’s a good idea, and it works pretty well.

I’ve shopped there for years, recommended them many times, and I’ve been generally happy with the experience--the stuff works, is from relatively to extremely cheap depending on the item, and the shipping and handling speed and cost are reasonable. They even have some useful information about installation of products and technical details on the site, and their reps will often answer questions posted on product pages.

(Important tip, by the way: Always order on weekends unless you’re desperate--they frequently run weekend sales that run Saturday through Monday.)

Today, however, was the first time I felt burned by them being a “discount” merchandiser rather than a place that has good service but sells things cheap (Amazon, say). I placed an order around midnight Friday. No problems, told by the system it would ship Monday. 12 hours later, about noon Saturday, I realized I wanted to add something to the order to save shipping. I also happened to notice that they’d kicked in a significant promotion running over the weekend that hadn’t started Friday night, but I was willing to buy at full cost already, so that doesn’t really matter.

In any case, I went to see if I could modify my order, or in lieu of that cancel it and re-order the stuff. It wasn’t going to ship until Monday anyway, and the system said it hadn’t been packed yet, either, so I figured that wouldn’t be a problem--most stores I’ve shopped at will let you cancel an order if they haven’t picked it yet.

But no, according to their customer rep, “within 5 minutes” after you click okay on the order, it goes into the system and that’s it--no take-backs. Even if it won’t be packed and shipped until Monday, the only way to not buy the stuff is to get an RMA, let them put it in a box, ship it to you, then refuse delivery. You still pay shipping in that already-silly scenario, of course.

I am not a professional warehouse manager, but it would genuinely surprise me if whatever management queue their warehouse puts orders into is completely unable to remove any item inserted into it. And if it is that inflexible, I’d delay putting items into it until the staff was at least at work.

I could also feel a little burned at agreeing to pay for items that would not ship for three days, having my credit card charged immediately, then having those same items be reduced in price a few hours later for anyone who buys them now, even though they will ship at exactly the same time as mine. But, again, I was willing to buy at the price I clicked “Buy” at, so that’s a weak complaint.

In any case, nothing they did violated their written policies or went against the content of the site, so I didn’t get ripped off, but I went away unhappy, since made me feel like I was buying form a throughput-obsessed assembly line rather than a store that cared about me as customer.

Oh well, there’s always a tradeoff.

"Once again Monnoprice exceeded my expectations with a quality product at a good price."

"I'm pretty much sold on Monoprice's customer service. I had purchased a pair of earbuds from the site that got caught on a knob and detached the inner wiring. Since I had only had them for two weeks, I was pretty bummed. I didn't expect much when I emailed the customer service to see if the product was salvageable, and was pleasantly surprised to read that they would send me a replacement as a courtesy. I didn't even need to send the broken ones back.

The emails were quick and the replacements came amazingly fast. I think the customer service was excellent and gracious in this instance, and I would definitely shop again/ recommend the site to others.

"I originally ordered this as a valentines gift. The first package came early but was damaged. I then called monoprice to explain the situation, they gave me a rma # and paid the shipping to return the product for a replacement. I received an email with the UPS label to print and sent the package back. I received a new package a week or so later. I am happy with my purchase and also got a great deal. It sucks that the original package and product was damaged and I had to wait a little longer, but Sammy at monoprice was very helpful and I'm pleased with the service provided by monoprice. I will order from them again."

"Descriptions of Items were not clear. I had to send two items back and was forced to pay shipping then, on 3/7/2015, had order in cart for over $80. On order page offer stated FREE SHIPPING on orders over $75. also 15% off entire. I added one other item before placing and system defaulted to where I had to pay for shipping. I cancelled order as Beverly stated via chat the next morning offer expired. I have been buying many items from Monoprice recently to find their customer service not helpful. I have also referred several friends to Monoprice. Other companies I deal with, such as BH Photo are much better with help and customer service."

modified review This review was modified by rcproshooter on March 08 2015 01:30:49 PM

"As usual monoprice, can't be beat! Excellent service with excellent prices on excellent products!"

"Their prices and PRODUCT QUALITY are outstanding! Wish they would offer free shipping from time to time. Will shop with them in the future."

modified review This review was modified by TFD-Memphis on March 05 2015 10:35:19 PM

"-- Extremely competitive prices & fast shipping.
-- Great customer service & warranty/replacement policy too.

Cables are cables --- they either work or they don't so no need to spend top $$$$ on NameBrand cables from your local big box store. The prices are great, and product quality is solid.

And on the couple rare occasions I had an issue or problem with a product, customer service is always quick to respond either by e-mail or live chat.
What puts them "over-the-top" though in my book is the 1 year warranty ... they'll offer to set up an RMA/replacement at no cost to me up to a year after the purchase. Can't beat that!

modified review This review was modified by johnfive on March 04 2015 06:51:20 PM

"The products monoprice sells are worth every penny. Their quality and customer service are excellent. They're my go-to source for cables and peripherals, and lately, they've been making waves with items such as monitors, network equipment and speakers."

modified review This review was modified by core5 on March 05 2015 06:23:53 AM

"Monoprice has the worst customer service ever. Got a email saying they are reversing a UPS package. later on got an email from them saying I requested a refund. got another email later on with a RMA number telling me to return something I NEVER GOT. then they refund me a partial STORE CREDIT. Still trying to get my refund; if not I'm going to call my credit card company and do a charge back. NEVER GOING TO DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN."

modified review This review was modified by bushwick2002 on March 02 2015 08:06:42 PM

"Monoprice has the worst customer service I ever experienced. I ordered an item that was on there website and at the time when I ordered it the price seemed to good to be true. I ordered it and right away contacted monoprice to verify that I would be getting what I ordered. I spoke with a rep and the rep assured me that I would be receiving what I ordered. I then received four emails confirming my purchase. The next day I received an email saying that my order was being refunded as per my request which was complete BS because I never asked for a refunded and it also stated that I had refused the item upon delivery which was also complete BS because the item never made it to my residents. Wait it get better then I received an email stating that if I wanted a refund that I would have to return the items that were never delivered to my home. Monoprice did absolutely nothing to make sure that I got the service that any retail company that wants to survive in the retail world would provide they made a mistake and knew that they made a mistake and there exact words were don't worry sir we are refunding your purchase and kept saying this at every turn they thought that they were doing me a favor by refunding my money WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN AND I WILL MAKE SURE TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE ! "

modified review This review was modified by MSARDEN on March 02 2015 07:09:04 AM

"monoprice.com has the qualities a shopper for such equipment is looking for. Easy on-line ordering, value pricing, relatively low shipping and handling costs, and reliable, well-made products. I am also a repeat customer. This order was only for three USB 3.0 3' extension cables. But shipping was the next day and the items were exactly what I'd ordered and needed. Great site with great pricing!"

"We purchased a cable from Monoprice, with a deadline to get it. They got it to us within the short time frame with no problems, going out of their way to change my shipping option so we would get it on time.

After we got it, there was a problem with the cable, not their fault, and they went out of their way to help us get it returned, track it down when it didn't get out on UPS as it should have, and got us our refund immediately.

We highly recommend them for their customer service, and will use them again in the future.

modified review This review was modified by Grammajo on February 18 2015 04:50:00 PM

Share monoprice.com's store rating

monoprice.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

monoprice.com is not a merchant member
monoprice.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!