MoissaniteCo.com Reviews - moissaniteco.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 6.17/10 22 reviews

MoissaniteCo.com is not a merchant member
MoissaniteCo.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"We purchased a moissanite ring in a lovely setting about 6 months ago. The ring has not worn at all, and it cleans well. Not only was the service and communication prompt, it was also exceptional. We received pictures of the actual ring we wanted to custom order and some references to look at for other similar rings. The setting itself was suggested as a response to my question.

The ring came when you said it would, and it was packaged nicely. I would absolutely recommend moissaniteco.com. Our experience has been lovely, and we will buy from them again.

Great service and the great product.

modified review This review was modified by jwcro on February 03 2014 12:21:41 AM

Rating 4/102/5

"I am so unhappy with the two rings I just purchased from MoissaniteCo.com. They're sized all wrong, much smaller than I asked for and the three stone has issues with the prongs. I'm afraid to return them for fixing now that I've gone online and have seen the not so favourable reviews. I will see what my local jeweler can do for me. So disappointed."

modified review This review was modified by Errin1 on January 25 2014 12:05:56 PM

"Decided to get a replica of my E.ring, to bring on holiday and wear outside for safety plus I had always dreamed of a larger 2 carat ring from my 1.30ct. When the ring arrived I was blown away by the presentation, quality of the stones and stunning workmanship. I was speechless! Far beyond my expectations of what I would receive, even the band width is the perfect thickness I had always wanted. Not much difference between this and my high quality diamond. First day I wore it, I had a shop assistant actually gasp. Even better when she said, 'Wow! Your E.Ring is amazing, those are big diamonds!' The gold is alot more generous and prongs much better worked than my 6k diamond ring. The only disappointment, is I feel guilty I take care of this ring alot better than my 6k one. "

"Please seriously reconsider before buying from Moissanite co. I actually searched around and read reviews and thought "well a lot of reviews seem positive so those few negative reviews can't really be all that true." Boy was I wrong.

I just received the engagement ring that I was going to give my fiance, but it looks like it has been down a GARBAGE DISPOSAL. There are so many dents and cuts on it it is insane. There is no way anyone could have felt "this is a quality product" when sending it out.

On top of that, THERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER! This right here is a RED FLAG that I wish I would have caught. I'm a lawyer and used every trick in the book to try and pry a phone number out of them when on their "online chat". What happened? The manager told me to stop "insulting the company" (Amy) or she would terminate our chat. I was merely angry that they essentially ruined the ring I was going to give my future wife and this is the kind of gall they have in return.

Needless to say they terminated my chat without offering to repair it or exchange it and now I can't get back in contact with them as I think they're blocking my IP address. I'm having to file a lawsuit against these scamsters just to get them to talk to me.

Please think it over. You know deep down that companies that don;t have phone numbers are just bad news. Learn from my mistakes

modified review This review was modified by Clay333 on October 28 2013 11:04:54 AM

"Welp, it's been several months and I'm still dazzled!!! As a lover of all things sparkly, especially diamonds, I was hesitant. Second marriage for both of us (this one's a keeper)and I was going to go big or he was going to go home! But with that said, I know how to compromise. I asked my favorite jeweler for a diamond alternative and they showed me the moissys they had in stock. And so my research began. I was hooked. I did my homework and found Moissaniteco.com and the rest is history. Or shall I say, a sparkling wonder on my finger?! Since Amora wasn't available I went with Forever Brilliant. I thought I settled. Because of the YELLOW factor... Let me assure you, I didn't settle at all. I have a beautiful ring!!! In the sun light it'll blind you. In the office it'll distract yourself and your co-workers from the task at hand. At home it'll make the most mundane chores fun. When the sun sets you have a lovely bright white stone to adore. The ONLY time (I) see slight yellow is on an overcast day. And then I'm really staring at it ya know. I'm just doing it for the people still on the fence about Moissanite. I should mention that I am one heck of a picky and fussy gal about my jewelry. I waited several months to post my review to be sure. I AM SURE. This stone is amazing. For it's value, durability, and WOW factor. I have a 1.5 ct Forever Brilliant round and a 5 stone .33 ct FB wedding band. These are sizeable stones and they are fabulous! My engagement ring was made by my jeweler and they set the stone that we purchased from Moissaniteco.com, the wedding band was made here at Moissaniteco.com. It is high quality and solid. I swear the white gold in my wedding band holds it's shine better than my engagement ring made by my jeweler. I don't know how though? So, I hope all you fussy and worried guys and gals out there are a little more at ease with making this monumental purchase. I can about promise you that you won't be sorry! If this is your wedding ring purchase, may you have a long and happy marriage!!! And by-the-way, I didn't compromise at all!"

"I bought a anniversary ring from Moissanite & Co, the ring was very disappointing but I had taken off the "security tag" which enables a full refund so my return was void. Not 3 months later one of my stones had fallen out. Very cheaply made!!! Would NOT recommend this company or their product. Too expensive for a mediocre product at best! Don't waste your money!"

modified review This review was modified by ccgifford10 on June 18 2013 12:43:17 PM

"This past weekend, my husband gave me a beautiful new moissaniteco ring. We had chosen the ring together months prior and he gave it to me as a suprise on a beautiful weekend get away. The ring is style eng580, with an 8x6 forever brilliant center stone( 1.52 carat equiv.) surrounded by a halo and stones on the band. I must say that the animated pictures on the site simply do not do the ring justice. It is literally the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. In person, the ring is much more delicate and feminine, the craftsmianship is beautiful.In some lighting, the ring does have a very slight yellow hue; it honestly doesnt make the ring less beautiful and only I would notice it.In direct sunlight,florencents,and dim lighting, the ring sparkles beautifully,incredible fire. I have recieved so many compliments on my new ring. I would highly suggest this product to anyone researching moissanite.9/10 on the hardness scale, perfectly clear and crazy fire. What an amazing value for the money. Thank you so much moissaniteco!"

"I ordered the Bellette ring as an engagement ring for my GF from MoissaniteCo.com, and when I proposed she was just speechless at how beautiful the ring is. It's sparkle and Art Decor style fine design gets compliments from everyone... The service from Moissanite Co. was outstanding, especially their accommodation to my complex delivery situation. "

"My fiance ordered my ring at the end of November 2012 (sorry for the late review!) and gave it to me on my birthday(!) which was December 4, 2012. It was a 1.3 ct cushion set in white gold. It is gorgeous and I still cannot stop admiring it, every chance I get! I did a lot of research into Moissanite and my fiance and I both agreed we wanted to move away from diamonds and all their ethical issues and find something more beautiful. Moissanite is definitely the answer! The price and the brilliance are enough for me! I can see a little yellow and blue/green tones in certain lights but I don't mind at all. I think they are what make the stone unique and all the other times it just sits there looking gorgeous. I am grateful to MoissaniteCo for making me such a beautiful piece of jewelry! The customer service was prompt and always there to answer any of my questions throughout the entire selection and buying process. "

modified review This review was modified by kerrifl on February 02 2013 08:40:47 AM

"This company is the worst. My husband surprised me with a ring at Christmas. The centers stone has a large inclusion and the side shank with the little stones don't match on both sides. My husband contacted them to see if they would exchange it. He had to special order my size so they told him no and it was past 30 days. He tried to email them after Christmas. Guess what they were closed! He had to email them four times. O response then he tried live chat only to be told we got your email but you were past 30 days do we don't have to respond. Really!!!! Wow such great customer service Not!!! Also the photos on the site make the ring look much better than it really is, a totall rip off. Now we are stuck paying $1,150 for a pice if crap ring. My CZ ring for $21.00 looks more real. Pass on this company they don't deliver on customer service."

"Stay away from this company.I bought a pair of stud earrings, and when they arrived at a first glance they looked ok.After a more detailed inspection I noticed with my bear eye that one of the stones was slightly off round.Looking with a jewelers loupe I saw the stone was CHIPPED on the girdle.So they either have very poor quality control or they saw the earrings were damaged but they decided to send them like that anyway,maybe I wouldn't notice.Trying to get a refund was difficult.I discovered that this company has no phone number,you have to email and then wait for an answer,sometimes days.The whole ordeal took almost two weeks.All I wanted was moissanite earrings,and what I've got was dissapointment,stress,wasted time."

"Moissaniteco gives the best value for fine jewelery out there. My husband did extensive research on different companies and different stones and metals and after all that decided to order my engagement ring from Moissaniteco. He ordered the round cut moissanite with side stone sapphires on a palladium band. I have had this ring for over 1 year and I have been extremely impressed by the craftsmanship and quality. I have gotten numerous compliments on my ring from both friends and strangers. We recently got married and when I was shopping for my wedding band I made the mistake of going to a bunch of jewelers at the mall, all of which were overpriced, and ordered from a different company online once I had an idea of what I wanted. When I received the ring, I immediately realized that the craftsmanship was poor, with some stones moving when I tapped them! I did not immediately think of going with Moissaniteco because upon brief inspection of the wedding bands offered on their website they did not have exactly what I wanted, but after the other disastrous ring order, I decided to look into customizing one of the eternity bands on the Moissantiteco website. The customer service was extremely helpful and gave me suggestions of various designs to create a cohesive wedding set by incorporating sapphires as on my engagement ring. The extra cost of customization was minimal and the overall cost of the ring was actually less than other comparable rings from other vendors, even those of lesser quality. In fact my wedding ring (eternity ring with alternating moissanite stones and sapphires set in palladium) was comparable to the price of a similar ring with diamonds and sapphires set in white gold! Basically the price I saved by going with Moissaniteco allowed me to upgrade to palladium from white gold, resulting in an overall higher quality ring that will never need to be replated. I will definitely return to moissaniteco for my future fine jewelery needs, and will probably be hinting at some earrings for the holidays!

A final note about the choice of moissanite itself. There is a lot you can read about of the choice of moissanite vs diamond. I am very happy that we went with moissanite for two main reasons. First, because moissanite is manufactured, I do not have to worry about inadvertently supporting human rights violations or regional conflict issues that are often associated with diamonds. Secondly, if you do not have unlimited money to spend you can get a much higher quality cut stone in moissanite than diamond, which will make the stone look much more brilliant and expensive. The intrinsic properties of moissanite are extremely comparable to diamond, as diamond is slightly harder, but less brilliant (lower refractive index) than moissanite.

modified review This review was modified by katliang on September 18 2012 10:42:58 AM

"After some hesitation I went ahead and ordered the ring of my dreams at Moissanite and Co (Amora 1.8 cushion cut solitare with white gold).... after and agonising 2 1/2 week wait (which wasnt long at all, I was just extremely nervous!), my ring arrived....when I hesistantly opened the little blue box I was simply awestruck!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! All my doubts completely vanished....It is so bright and will not stop sparkling!! Good luck to me trying to get any work done today at the office, I can't stop staring at it!! Also, at the last minute, I ordered a pair of brilliant cut solitare earrings for a very special birthday present... Moissanite & Co ensured both orders came together and the earrings are stunning too!! Thank you so much for my beautiful ring (it will be the first of many purchases) and thank you for the amazingly quick & caring customer service."

"I got my ring on Sat. night. and I am so happy with it! I got the Embrace cushion halo with a 6.5mm amora upgrade. it is so beautiful, every is loving it! Your customer service is amazing, I had plenty of questions and the were very helpful. Thank you for everything!"

"If you want to love your engagement ring forever, do NOT buy from Moissanite Co.

My engagement stone chipped twice in the year that I was engaged.

My wedding band was poorly finished on the back - the join between a smooth and textured piece was uneven.

The customer service was terrible. They said I could buy a new stone and that I could not talk to a supervisor; if I didn't like my options, I could go elsewhere.

If they'd even been kind enough to say "wow, we're sorry" I would have felt better. I understand stones chip (although 2x in a year for something as hard as a diamond seems very problematic), but this is my engagement ring - I want it to last longer than a year - and some kindness would have been helpful.