"This merchant is absolutely terrible. I bought a laptop battery and it went completely dead in three months. The company will not respond to my email and there is no way to call or contact them otherwise. Their prices may be low, but the products are junk and there is absolutely no follow up support."

Djin's Avatar
New London, CT. USA

9/20/10 8:55 AM
Placed and order on September 15th. Took them two days to process the order. Now it's Monday and finally got my first update via the tracking on USPS.

I am spoiled and not use to things taking this long. It was two days in their warehouse before they did anything. They took my money fast, but sure took their time to process this. I also picked up an order from bodybuilding.com. It was packed, sealed, shipped and tracked SAME DAY!

I received my order from bodybuilding.com in two days. I still have no clue where my XBOX 360 250GB HDD is.

That's another thing. The site also misguided me into thinking it was "new". They said 100% new, blah blah blah, but never said "This is a 3rd party hard drive, you can be banned for using these."

If I knew I had a chance of getting banned, I would of spent the $120 and bought the "official" one from Newegg.

Now the company doesn't reply to my e-mails. I wrote them asking "what if" and I did get a reply, but they said there's been no issues with these, 100 of people buy these, blah blah blah. I also got a program via the reply called "XPort 360" which is a mod program for the hard drive. This is a illegal program to mod your games, etc. This WILL get me banned.

I am not sure why they sent me this. It said the hard drive was 100% working. I read up on the program and it's used to format new 3rd party hard drives. If this is the case, I'm just going to try and attempt to return this.

I wish BUY.com and Amazon (what I used to pay with) would not allow these Chinese 3rd party hacked HDD to be sold. I do not want to risk anything, but for the price I was blinded and not really paying attention.

It's a risk. I'm not sure I want to take it.

"It would easy to write something about a retailer to the effect "great prices, shipped fast". But what about when there is a defective product and an order needs to be canceled? This is a true test of customer service.

Mambate has risen above my expectations. Having been online since 1987 (CompuServe), I am still fearful of transactions over the wire. When a retailer cancels an order for whatever reason on a timely basis, this is the retailer everyone should do business with. It is easy to make a sale ... Mambate has the customer service when it was not so easy.

Thanks to the people of Mambate for being vigilant .

"I wanted to take the time and write a positive review of Mambate. I ordered a pair of wireless headphones from Mambate through Buy.com. The headphones turned out not to work correctly so I returned them. The people at Mambate were quick to respond to my request and refunded my payment once they received the item. I really appreciate this. There are a lot of scams out there and Mambate's good business ethic is much appreciated. Even though the product I got didn't work out, I recommend the company because they abide by their return policy."

"What a terrible company! I ordered a laptop battery 2-day air. After 4 business days I emailed them and said it hadn't come. They said there was a problem and would be sending it out. I said cancel the order because I was going out of town and would have to find the battery at a retail store. Well, they sent it anyway. It got here while was out of town. To add insult to injury, they still charged me the $10 for 2nd-day!
Of course I have been emailing them for a refund but they won't respond at all!

JSC

"Excellent service and an outstanding product at a good price...."

mambate / mambatestore is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

mambate / mambatestore is not a merchant member
mambate / mambatestore does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!