Stores > MacSales.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.53/10 8.53/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.71/10 7.71/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.73/10 7.73/10

2016-11-14

Pros: Great performance and compatibility / Cons: Tools not included and not that straight forward installation

"Overall it's a great product and compatibility with the Macbook is total, the installation is not that straightforward as instructed in the video.

You should be careful with the components while switching them otherwise you can ruin them both your mac and the ram, the first ram chip is easy to take it out but the second one is tricky and you will spend a couple more minutes.

Regarding the installation of the new chips you should take care that the chips are well placed on the slots otherwise you can ruin your computer, the installation video is not that good as the way to push them in is not that gently. You should push them on with a single move but feels like you can break them, so you need to pay attention at least twice not to leave them loose.

Also they could included the Phillips screw to take out the Mac bottom, I know you can get it anywhere but customers expect to have everything ready to go once we got the package.

Overall : Works great and as an advice you should definitely get first the RAM and then the Solid State Drive if you are low on budget but still want performance to boost. Im planning on buying the SSD later this month. For Mexican customers the government tax fees are randomly placed if you get luck you will not be charged but if not expect to pay 16% to 25% according to DHL.

Rep reply posted Nov-15-2016

A rep from MacSales.com, MacSales.com, has responded

“Thank you so much for your great review aldo_perezca! You bring up a very good option in adding tools with the RAM. Please know we will be looking into the option of having the tools added to our RAM upgrades!”

2016-11-09

Quick, fast professional service

"Knowledgeable staff answering phone and chat as well."

2016-11-08

Brought new life to my MacBook Pro

"Thank you OWC for making choosing, buying & installing memory so easy. The tutorial videos were great (model-specific step-by-step) and I made sure to be grounded against static. I doubled my memory & it made a world of difference. My Mac Book Pro is BACK!"

2016-11-08

Always there when we need them.

"OWC / MacSales is our go-to site for internet retail. They know Mac, they have the parts we need, and the couple times we have had to return things it has been as easy as possible. I have been shopping with MacSales since the late '90s and it has always been an easy experience."

EXCELLENT

"A little hard to install though. They seem to be a little tight and we have to push hard to make sure the iMac reads them. Delay for reception excellent (2 days) from date of order."

2016-11-07

Always great prices and fast, inexpensive shipping

"I've been shopping here for almost 20 years and am always pleased."

2016-11-07

It will work with your Mac

"This purchase was disk drives to put in a RAID box (previously from MacSales). The process worked, as usual, very well. Their feedback is timely and just what you need to know how your order is doing. I have over a decade of experience buying from MacSales and the few glitches have been handled by friendly, competent, (and intelligible) reps. They do Mac stuff. If they sell it, it will work with your Mac. That isn't as big a deal today, but a decade ago it was not that usual to be able to have peace of mind knowing that something you bought would, in fact, work with the Mac you had. Excellent company which has and continues to deserve my confidence and business."

2016-11-06

Priceless quality and piece of mind

"Came in a nice package. Reliable shipping. Clear instructions. So far a great battery. Found it a little cheaper, but the yr warranty provided an irreplaceable piece of mind. "

2016-11-06

Great service

"Delivers price and value. All the stuff your looking for for your Mac "

2016-11-04

MacSales delivers--again.

"Accurately and adequately described? Check. Good price? Check. Fast shipping? Check. Well satisfied? Check. As usual."

2016-11-02

On the money

"This is my first ordter from MacSales....It was a small order but the product was actually delivered a few days early. I was very pleased with that. For now I can say ....so far...so good.

Thanks
Dwight

2016-11-01

Lightning fast delivery!

"I think I received my hard drive before OWS fully realized they'd shipped it."

Seamless RAM purchase for 2007 iMac 8.1

"I purchased 4GB of RAM from OWC to upgrade my 2007 iMac 8.1 which only had 1GB. The OWC site showed me exactly what memory was compatible with my old iMac. The website was organized and easy to follow. I placed my order and selected free shipping which states delivery within 7 days. It arrived in 4 days! I followed the OWC installation video and my computer was up and running with 4GB of RAM within minutes! Great experience with OWC! I've already placed my next order with them...upgrading the memory in my 2007 MacBook Pro."

Can't beat the sales

"The sales offered are often too good to pass up!"

This review was modified by needmacstuff on October 31 2016 11:59:31 AM

Perfect protection for iPhone 6

"Excellent products. Speedy delivery."

Share MacSales.com's store rating

MacSales.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

MacSales.com is a merchant member
MacSales.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,459 merchant members.