• MacMall MacMall Elite Status

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.33/10 5.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.78/10 4.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.5/10 3.5/10

What is this?

"I was told after ordering and getting an order number and delivery date they will no longer stock this item in their store!
Why advertise it!

"I have been shopping around for my first Mac for months. After refusing to pay the full price at the store, I scoured the internet for the best price. MacMall's price was $15 below the military discount Apple offers and when I went to check out, I discovered that they do not operate in my state, so I didn't get charged sales tax either, this saved me another $40. Then I got 2% back by going through eBates. So as far as the price, I would definitely recommend MacMall to everyone. The customer support was another matter. They didn't have the item in stock and called to ask if I wanted to cancel my order. At that price, of course not. It took a whole week to get it in, then they wouldn't even upgrade the shipping to help make up for the delay. I've never had a Mac before, so I hope all this wait is worth it."

Silicon Valley Verified Customer

"Cancelled main part of order without explanation after charging card full amount (took 4 days to be credited back). The order was two SSD drives and an enclosure. Without the drives, I had no use for the enclosure but was informed I had to pay the return shipping and restocking fee.

In contrast, Adorama shipped the drives and I got them from the East Coast in three days. They also did not charge my card until it had actually shipped.

Update:
In response to MacMall--wouldn't it then have made sense to charge my card once the item was verified to have been in stock and/or ready to ship? This would have been preferable to tying up my funds for 4 days. Am I wrong?

Also, a simple email telling me what happened would have been preferable to being left in the dark. It would have also improved the customer experience significantly.

“Dear Valued Customer,

The initial charge was just a pre authorization charge. The actual charge will only take place once the order ships out.

The pre authorization reversal happens on the credit card providers end.

MacMall Customer Care”

"I ordered a 13" retina MBP from MacMall. The order was processed very qickly and the product arrived packaged very nicely the next day as requested. "

"Always the Best Service. I love MacMall!!!"

"Fast shipping, item in perfect condition. "

"Originally they said my order was back ordered only 2 days when I ordered it. Then a day after ordering it they said it would be back ordered about a week. Then the next day they email me and tell me it's back ordered 3 weeks. Unbelievable. So I won't receive my package until about q month or ordering."

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

We will ship the item as soon as it gets available in Memphis. Also, we upgraded the shipping to overnight.

MacMall Customer Cara”

"MacMall was fine. Shipper?? Box arrived with a hole in it. Minor damage to product packaging. iPad is likely undamaged."

"As promised. Very happy."

"I had trouble with my online order where my cart would not update with some items I selected. I called in the order and the customer service representative told me that some of the prices on the website were not as shown. I asked if I could get the advertised price and I was told "No." I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they were not available. I asked for the supervisor to call me back and that never happened. I went back to the website and placed part of my order and completed my shopping experience elsewhere."

“Dear Valued Customer,

We received your review regarding our website. However, we need additional information regarding the issue you encountered on the order placement. We would appreciate if you can send the details to customerservice@macmall.com.

MacMall Customer Care
www.macmall.com”

"while the website stated that the Mac mini I was ordering was in stock, the reality is that it is backordered and I am not certain when I will get delivery.
I phoned the 800 number but the person at the other end was neither knowledgeable or helpful.
Disappointed.

"fast, timely deliver and service"

"I received in record time the item exactly as listed. It was delivered to my hands in perfect shape, and was an item that was sold out at other shopping venues. Thanks."

"Bought a DVD drive to use with my iMac. It works just fine, but it's a bit louder than I would like. But it was a good price, so I'm going to keep it. It works for me. "

"Quick service, quick delivery."

Share MacMall's store rating

MacMall is a Merchant Member! Learn more

MacMall is a merchant member
MacMall participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,847 merchant members.