• Address: 2555 West 190th Street Torrance, California

Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.36/10 4.36/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.17/10 3.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

What is this?

"I tried to buy a macbook online from MacMall during Black Friday. I pressed a link with the initial price of 1029.99. To my surprise this price got increased to 1069.99 without warning at the check-out. Upon calling Macmall I was told 1069.99 is paid first and a 40 USD rebate will be given back after payment. Anyway I ordered the product for 1069.99. They calculate tax over the 40 USD, so my actual rebate was going to be 36,-. I normally wouldn't bother, but since they do this scam with everyone else, their profit from this scam alone could be ten thousands of dollars. The initial shipping time was supposedly 2-3 business days. To my surprise again I received a mail from Macmall 2 weeks later, that they needed to verify my identity for a second time. After some vague story, they finally confirmed my order. Couple days later I finally received my macbook, just in time for the holidays as it was a gift for a family member. As if all this nonsense wasn't enough I received a letter from Macmall stating that I wouldn't get my rebate back and that I should call them to find out why. After a swift discussion about the amount of the rebate I was told that I filed for the wrong amount and that the actual amount was lower. After I told the customer representative that I had a print screen of the rebate during the order, she quickly changed her attitude and approved my rebate. I guessed, I cheered to early, since then she told me that it would take 6 - 8 weeks to process the rebate. My advice: It is a scam, do not buy from Macmall, Unreliable with delivery, False price advertising, and they make it as difficult as they can to refund your rebate in the hope that you will give up. "

"Macmall has a third party credit card department that forced me to scan in and send them multiple forms of ID and utility bills before they would process my order. This took 4 days.

While they were taking forever to verify my address, they sold my (open box) item to someone else.

No updates from customer service, I always had to call them and never received my item.

days later someone callled me to tell me my item was cancelled.

"Great web site, easy to find stuff and good pricing"

"They say in stock but then three days later say it's backordered. I should have read the earlier reviews.

They make it a hassle to cancel as well, as if somehow it's your fault that you expect in stock to mean in stock.

"I ordered a Macbook Air and it was not in stock nor updated on their website. They apologized, but I had a day of aggravation trying to solve the problem. I finally found that CALLING them is not a good way to go. I used the instant CHAT service and I was upgraded to a better model and shipped 2 day air for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. At this moment I'm using my Mac Air 13" with 8 GB and 256 GB SSD along with the upgraded processor and I paid much less than I would have with anyone else. I might suggest CALLING in an order. I think they need work on their customer service and the woman admitted they had trouble with black-friday orders. This is not a scam company, but they need some management help. I'll order from them again."

"bad/rude customer service ! They did send the package quick enough but their delivery policy with FEDEX means a regular working person cannot actually receive the package. I have to take 1 hour out of work to actually go fetch my package from local warehouse. The customer service was very rude about the whole thing as well when I tried to ask for other delivery options. Will not do business every again with them "

"There were no problems so all was good."

"When I ordered an iPad Air 2 ($50 off), the site indicated that it was in stock. I even paid for two day delivery. A day or so later, I was notified that it was back ordered. I called MacMall and asked for the estimated ship date. I was told that it would be seven days, but could be as late as three weeks. I cancelled and just purchased it at the local Apple Store, where it was in stock. With electronic inventory control, I should have been notified of the inventory status when I put it into my cart. The $50 discount would have been weighed against the actual time to receive it."

"I cancelled my order before the item shipped and despite a phone call and chat session asking the purchase be cancelled, it was shipped anyway."

"I booked an order on 28th Nov online with an non-US card and after 3 days I called up customer care and then they have asked me to contact the credit card processing team and when I contacted I got to know that I should not be using a card that is outside US. Then I have used the card that is US card and then after 2 days that too when I call them they tell me that my billing address does not match and there is no communication to me on my order whatsoever. I called and provided the billing address and they told they need the proofs for my billing address and said they would send a email on the required proofs. I am ready to send the required proofs also but no email again. The amounts from both my cards have been deducted and they say that they are not authorized but I don't have that money in my bank either. When I contacted the customer care then they say that I have to do wire transfer and I asked them to cancel my order and immediately they cancelled without any questions. I still did not get back my amount to my accounts. Please someone advice how to take action on them. I will ensure that I will not book anytime on this site and will tell all my friends not to do this. "

"Lousy shopping experience!
I ordered an iPad. Website said - ships in 5-7 days. So in a week I email them asking if there are any updates on my order, since there is still no tracking number or whatsoever. They answer me - oh, sorry, but your payment didn't go through. Make a wire transfer or we cancel your order. AND shipping time is 3 weeks now! WOW! They had my email and two phone numbers but they didn't bother telling me there's a problem with my order. I went to another store and purchased an iPad with the very same credit card that somehow "didn't go through" and for the same price. MacMall - VERY UNPROFESSIONAL GUYS. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

"Ordered an iPad 11/28/14 with an estimated delivery date of Dec 8-11 at the time of order. I checked on my order today, and it's still back ordered, so I called their CS. That's when I learned that they are now not expecting to SHIP until DEC 24th!!!! No email, no phone call, no notifications at all. "

"Worst customer service experience ever. My order was "in process" for three days - I called them and had two people tell me there was a problem with my credit card. Spoke to a third person who told me that they just needed verification because of different shipping & billing addresses. Then I called to find out when it would ship and was told it was on back order (wasn't when I ordered it) - I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told the supervisor was too busy to talk to me. Called back again and demanded to speak to a supervisor who told me the ipad could be back ordered as long as four weeks. NEVER BUYING ANYTHING FROM THIS LOSER COMPANY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! If I could give them minus 10 stars, I would!!!"

"Do not buy any product from mac mall , i bought apple laptop few days back and received it today and after using the laptop for 30 mins, i realized that it is getting heats up

when i called the customer care and complained on this , they said they cant take laptop back ( he is arguing that it is common and they are receiving this kind of calls regularly ).

if i return it then i loose 15 % worth , this is waste of our money and time , Do Not ORDER FROM THIS SELLER

i will never order any product from this website , beware of this website .

"So far, I am very positively impressed with MacMall. I believe I got a good price on my purchase, and I am pleased with the very explicit email I received from them explaining how I will be charged and describing the whole transaction. Very transparent! "

MacMall is a Merchant Member! Learn more

MacMall is a merchant member
MacMall participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,920 merchant members.