Stores > Kay Jewelers

• Kay Jewelers

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-09-14

Kay Jewelers - beware of them

"My husband took my Seiko watch in for replacement of a dead battery. Other than the battery, it was in perfect condition. After battery replacement the watch no longer worked. I believe Kay's person broke it. I took it back in to them. They sent it in to Seiko to see what was wrong and six weeks later called me back saying it would take $317 to fix it. This is more than we paid for the watch new. I went in and complained about its being fine until they laid hands on it when supposedly replacing the battery. The very young, rude and very arrogant nail-biting male clerk accused me that I may have broken it myself, asserting that I lied about the watch. I objected to being called (repeatedly) a liar by this young person. He called mall security telling them to throw me out of the store, said I was to never return, nor was my husband. (The security officer was actually very nice, but seemed somewhat embarrassed.) I am 76 years of age, somewhat handicapped and thus far in my 76 years have never been a devious, destructive, or violent criminal type of lady. I believe that Kay’s broke my watch when replacing the battery and simply refused responsibility. They deliberately compounded the situation with the young clerk’s contemptuous. Kay's compounded the situation by having sold my husband a "contract for lifetime renewal of new batteries" at the time he brought the watch in for battery replacement, obviously useless for a destroyed watch."

2016-04-18

Missing ring instead of clean ring

"I took in my mother's antique wedding band to be cleaned along with 3 of my rings. I received my 3 rings back but not my mothers. The sales person said that I only gave her 3 rings. I asked to speak to the manager. The manager became nasty with me for accusing his employee of losing/stealing my mother's ring saying "none of my employees would steal!" Yet they were never able to find the lost ring!!!! BEWARE"

This review was modified by kim6883 on April 18 2016 08:48:55 AM

2016-04-01

Called a Liar

"DO NOT BUY HERE!!!!! My online order was deliver incorrect and Kay refuses to correct their technical error. I was actually called a LIAR by Chris the customer service rep. He told me that there was no way there could have been a technical error. (I assume this is because he has a master's degree in technology).

I went online to order charms during their charm bracelet promotion and accordingly one of the charms I ordered was not eligible. (Even though the free bracelet appeared in my cart at checkout). Now even after I offered to return the ineligible charm and buy I different one they said, "You will not be receiving a free bracelet." Even after I told them I was going to return all of my purchase they did not care. (I mean really it is a $40 bracelet and they do not want to make it right for a long time customer. Also a customer that will be returning to obviously buy more charms). I should have just gone to PANDORA.

One positive is Cindy who was a fabulous customer service rep, she should have Chris' job as she was so helpful, understanding, and caring about the whole situation. Kudos Cindy keep up the good work. I'm sorry you have to work for such an dishonest and non-customer orientated company.

Just don't buy here, they don't care about their customers. If anything they think we are all liars and only want to take our money and run. Well I won't shop here, never again. Thank you Kay for ruining my wedding gifts.

This review was modified by Veronica5879 on April 01 2016 01:04:27 PM

2010-12-07

"Ordered and paid for an item with two business day shipping. Received the item seven days after ordered online. Returned the item, and will never order from them again. Be forewarned. You don't get what you pay for with Kays."

2007-11-30

"I bought my wife a diamond solitaire ring back on Sept. 7 2004 for our engagement, I also purchased their ESP, “Extended Service Plan”, which was suppose to replace, free of charge any diamond, emerald, ruby, or sapphire covered by the guarantee if it chips, breaks, or is lost from its original setting during normal wear. Since then we have diligently taken the ring in to get cleaned and inspected every four-six months. What we did not know is that it was not being “logged” in the system and we were given no paperwork notating the cleaning and inspection.

Within the last week we have noticed a chip in the girdle of the diamond and took it in to the Fargo, ND store on 11-30-2007 to have it repaired. They told me that since none of the cleaning and inspections were logged and they never gave us an inspection record they would not repair it. The store manager Jackie gave us the 1-800-877-3616 customer service number and we were told to call them.

We placed a call to Kay’s customer service number and spoke with a gentleman named Joe at extension 6379, and explained our situation. Joe then phoned Jackie the store manager in Fargo, ND, and spoke with her. He came back on the line and we were offered that they would replace the stone for us at “cost”. We were also told that we would have to give our other diamond back. This does not make any sense to us because if Kay is offering to replace the damaged diamond at “cost” one would think that you would get to keep the damaged diamond because in theory you are paying for 2 diamonds, but would only have 1 diamond after trading in the other diamond.

Bottom line is that Kay does NOT stand behind their customers, and their ESP, Extended Service Plan, seems to be a good plan. But be leery that when you take your jewelry in for cleaning and inspection because more than likely it is not being notated in the system, thus they will never then honor their Extended Service Plan if something should happen to your stones.

Share Kay Jewelers's store rating

Kay Jewelers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kay Jewelers is not a merchant member
Kay Jewelers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!