Product & services pricing Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10

"I wish I would have read these reviews prior to ordering!
My experience was very similar with a couple of new twists. We ordered a dog bed for our two Cock-A-Poos about 20 - 25 lbs. each. the bed for two dogs we ordered indicated that it would accomodate dogs up to 50 lbs.. The measurement of the bed (in the catelog) was 47" L X 32" W X12" H. Unfortunately, the bed itself where your pets would speep was only 29" W X approx. 25" D. The "L" that they spoke of in the ad was actually the width but included very large pillows/bolsters that made it 47" wide.

When the product was shipped, it was compressed by removing the air from the package in order to fit in a smaller box for shipping. Because this item was much too small for our dogs and the others offered were too large to fit in our bedroom we wanted to return it. When I called customer service the personnel were very rude. They advised that I can return the product but I would have to pay for the shipping myself. They advised that I can take the package to the USPS because it would be the least expensive. Unfortunately, I do not have the machinery to compress the material but I did struggle to get all the material in a single box albeit a few inches larger than the original. When I went to the post office they informed me that it would cost more than $72.00 to ship - the bed originally listed for $99.95. I thought there is no way that I am paying that much to return merchandise that they will resell to someone else and not even offer to pay at least half of the cost. I then went to UPS and fortunately they shipped it $36.00. Not great but better.

I recommend that no one ever does business with this organization. Their product catalog is extremely misleading, and their Customer Service is one of the worst I have ever dealt with. Buyer beware.

modified review This review was modified by DogPeople on December 06 2014 10:39:18 AM

"This is by far the worst online retailer from which I've ordered merchandise. Their customer support is rude and totally unhelpful. The VIP program is misleading and good luck getting hold of a customer service representative who can assist you.

Avoid this company!!!

modified review This review was modified by mikekutrik on December 02 2014 02:41:10 PM

In the Company of Dogs User

"Terrible for customers...I ordered 3 items, two of which got cancelled due to being out of stock--despite still showing as available on website! They also never notified me the dog sweaters weren't coming nor were they willing to refund my 10.95 shipping fee.

Just avoid this company if you can.

"Refused to credit a 12 month VIP membership they charged to my credit card because I supposedly checked some box (I did not) for $12.97 monthly of VIP membership- very poor service and a total FRAUD. I will report them to the consumer fraud department in Illinois"

modified review This review was modified by SwissShepherd on August 19 2014 09:37:40 AM

"Worst experience ever. Refused to credit for some VIP membership that they claim was "checked" when I bought a $20 t-shirt. Now I've been unknowingly paying $12.97 per month on my VISA for the last 12 months (= $156) because of some marketing negative option checkbox on the checkout page.

SCAM OPERATION

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Horrible customer service they lie straight to you!!! Ive never been talked to so rude by customer service. Never did get my product after paying for 2 day shipping. It was obviously back ordered but I was never told that. Was lied to by three different woman 3 different times. Finally cancelled order! Husband changed debit card number because this company can't be trusted. Buy your products else where!!! I should have read reviews before I ordered from this company it would have saved me the headache!"

modified review This review was modified by Mberen11569 on August 01 2014 07:24:05 AM

"I have to modify what is below - paying for their two-day shipping does indeed get you the products in two days. I was pleasantly shocked hours after writing this review to have Fed Ex show up with my two-day order from this company. I had no idea it was coming, they had not sent a shipping confirmation email with tracking information - nothing. It just shipped and showed up at my door. So indeed I did get my "rush" order in two days. It was sent the day after the holidays and got here two days later. So for that I thank them, and stand corrected. But a shipping confirmation keeping me informed would have gone a long way....

I have had no issues with the products, but the shipping times and customer service are horrible. I emailed asking about how to get a refund on a product that I already know I don't want after reading horrible reviews about it - and they never responded. I'm still sending it back or refusing it at the post office if I can, but now I'm just happy the product I'm returning wasn't that expensive as I have no idea if I'll get anything back from them.

Then the shipping times - I just ordered something I need very badly for my dog who just had surgery. I asked for the two-day shipping, and of course like with a reputable company like Amazon, that to me would have meant 2 or maybe 3 days later I'd have the product. No, that's not what this means. It just merely means WHEN THEY GET AROUND TO FILLING THE ORDER, then they supposedly will ship two-day shipping. I did notice that there is another choice that for about $5 they will put a rush handling on it and "move the order to the top of the list." But when I inquired about adding that to my order, I was told that by selecting the two-day shipping, that automatically got a priority put on the order. And of course, it's now been three days since I placed the order and I've gotten no confirmation that it's been shipped. I would have expected to have it by now since I paid for two-day shipping. Which supposedly meant faster filling of the order as well. Not the case.

I used to get this same product from Canada which of course meant longer transit times and more money for shipping. I was thrilled to see the same product in the latest In the Company of Dogs catalog. Next time I'll order from Canada.

I ordered a $400 dog bed some time ago and it took WEEKS to show up. I'm sure their excuse was that it was being sent from the manufacturer - but if that's the case, let us know that. Don't make us sit here wondering where our order is.

The catalog and the high end unique items make this look like an amazing company. But the customer service and again the lengthy shipping times really are unfortunate. I'd be careful ordering anything expensive from them. And I'll also check the web for any other retailer or merchant that might carry the same product before I ever order from them as a first choice.

So I'm still waiting for my last order. Got the order confirmation and nothing since. So much for two-day shipping and rush processing. Buyer beware here.

modified review This review was modified by LuckyDog10 on May 30 2014 06:19:42 AM

"This place is horrible. I rarely write negative reviews, even if service isn't great, but this was so bad I had to. I guess you could just pay attention to all the other ones here, I wish I had. I ordered a dog bed and for days and days (business days) all it kept saying in my order status was "at drop shipper". I inquired about it multiple times through email, every time getting an automated response saying they received my inquiry and would respond within 24 hours. Nope. So I called. I waited on hold for half an hour before finally pressing the number to place a new order and sure enough they managed to answer right away after that. They were obviously put off when it was not about a new order but about "Where the hell is the order I placed?" They had no answers. Nothing on the order said it was "out of stock" or "back ordered" or I would not have placed the order. I finally just canceled the order and got a similar bed from another company and it was delivered in 6 days. Oh and I got free shipping as opposed to paying $27.95 to In The Company of Dogs who never even shipped it. Buy elsewhere and if you get their catalogs, I recommend lining your puppy's potty area with it."

"Absolute horrible company! Do now buy anything from this company. They should be out of business. Had to cancel my credit card because they were charging me some kind of subscription, but could not find any of my information to cancel it?
FRAUD ALERT!!

modified review This review was modified by jmdaniels on January 02 2013 10:24:17 AM

"Worst customer service EVER. Everyone else seems to agree on this site!!"

"This company has terrible customer service. Be careful of the website it will submit orders without clicking the "submit" button. I put everything in my cart and went to change my card number and the order submitted but never notified me. It went to a page that said I had an empty cart so I picked everything back out again and the order submitted a second time, still never clicking the submit button.
The following day, upon realizing the two orders, I called customer service and they informed me that they could cancel the second one out and that I would not be charged until the purchase was sent. Then upon checking my bank account I was not only charged twice but 4 times for the two orders. I immediately called customer service back and they acted as if I was ignorant and told me I must not order online because there is always a second charge for pre authorization of the total charge. I provided them with the fax number to my bank to release the funds back to me and was told that I would have everything back by midnight on monday and two days later I still don't have the money back.
This company has lost my business and I am warning everyone else not to buy from this company because they are a scam!

"Horrible Customer Service. Would write more but don't feel like wasting a second more on anything to do with this company. Beware, if you buy something, it will most likely be on back order and you will receive horrific customer service. "

"Absolutely horrible customer service. It is October 8th and I still have not received my order from August 17th and no one in "customer service" can tell me why. "

"Atrocious!!!! Bought 3 gates and one of them completely fell apart. It took no less than 6 calls to get any one to answer a call. Finally got to Penny who seemed helpful. Asked me to send some docuementation. Did that and then absolutely no response to repeated emails and phone messages. Thought I'd escalate so I talked to a Customer Service supervisor, Gary. He promised that he would have somebody get back to me right away. 4 days later and still nothing. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY."

"WATCH OUT for this company. Products are of inferior quality. Customer Service non-existant. Really! Go ahead, give 'em a call or send an email.

Shop elsewhere. My experience has been terrible.

modified review This review was modified by JPsamuell on July 31 2012 10:58:06 AM

In the Company of Dogs is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

In the Company of Dogs is not a merchant member
In the Company of Dogs does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!