• In the Company

Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

2015-07-29

"Horrible. Won't (even help) pay for shipping on returns. We literally visited every shipping company in town to try and find somebody with a rate that didn't cost the value of the item in shipping just to mail back the return. We've been trying to get this returned/refunded since April (It's now the end of July).

After finally paying $70 to return a $200 bed that our dog wouldn't use, we have already waited 5 weeks (since they received the return) for a refund. The customer service agent said that it can take over 6 weeks to issue a refund (we're supposed to keep calling back in a couple weeks)

It's a shame because at one time they were our go-to place for buying dog accessories, but we learned through this experience that you have to get everything spot-on the first try or you're faced with a messy situation."

This review was modified by justwannarefund on July 29 2015 10:43:16 PM

2015-07-10

"Wish I had seen this site sooner. In the Company of Dogs claim that I somehow clicked on something when ordering and requested a VIP membership. They have been charging me 14.95 monthly for a VIP membership card that I would never sign up for as a first time buyer. I have my original receipt and NO Where on that receipt is there any mention of a VIP Membership. Anyone that shops here needs to be VERY careful about what they click. Since the receipt doesn't mention it, I don't believe I clicked on anything so watch your credit card statement carefully. They have lost me as a customer for sure"

This review was modified by mcnultykath on July 10 2015 04:24:43 PM

2015-03-10

"I wish I had read some of these reviews. The fact that the company does not post reviews should have been a clue that there were problems. I ordered a Snugwear sweater for my dog. She measures 13" from base of neck to base of tail. 12" sweaters are too short so I usually order 14". I ordered a Snugwear sweater for her in a size 14. I just got it today and it is huge!!!! it is at least 4 " too big. When I laid it on my counter it measured 18" from the neck to the end of the sweater!. And in addition to that I paid almost $7 shipping by USPS (the sweater was $29.95). Now I have to pay to send it back and it weighs next to nothing!. I am done, never again will I order anything from this company."

2015-02-26

"I do most of my shopping online and honestly, can say this has been the most frustrating shopping experience of all time! My 15 year old dog needs some help on the hard wood floors now. I found some Gripper boots to try out in catalog from ITCOD (In the Company of Dogs). I ordered a size too small the first time so I re-ordered the next size up. Travel Bowls arrived and they insisted that I ordered them....only if the website has a flaw because I know that I did not! I emailed customer service and was told they would credit me some shipping back(shipping would have totaled more than the gripper shoes). After shipping both items back, I had no answer from Customer Service after 3 emails about the shipping fees that they agreed to credit back. Finally, they responded after I emailed them a 4th time. They told me that I was credited back for both the returns and one shipping fee. That was not true. The shipping fee appeared refunded after that conversation on a different day than the other two items. I didn't want to order from them again because I was already annoyed with them but did because this is time sensitive and I need the gripper shoes for my dog so, I ordered again. The one other site I found that offered them ships from British Columbia and takes to long to NY. So, One week ago I ordered the size small. This was a Friday evening (Feb 20th). I received no confirmation email, nothing from them but the screen said thank you for your order. I emailed them on Monday, (23rd) (thinking maybe they were closed over the weekend) to see if an order had been placed(I work in a restaurant and email is best for me) and again no response except for the "we will be in touch in 24 hours" email back which I did get for all emails that I sent. Again, no answer. I checked my bank account and no charge was found so I assumed the order did not go through. I ordered again, the dog shoes. I immediately got the confirmation email. Today (26th), I see two charges posted today for 2 pairs of shoes...one purchased on the Feb. 20th and another on the 23rd. I called and both have been shipped. Two representatives that I spoke to seemed annoyed that I was annoyed. I did get offered a refund for one pair but we will see how long that takes to happen and how many emails and phone calls that could take. My original order was Jan 12. Today is Feb 26. My advice is to shop elsewhere, customer service needs training and I really think there are some issues with the website that no one wants to acknowledge either. "

This review was modified by Jezabell on February 26 2015 09:30:26 AM

2015-02-13

"Look elsewhere, DO NOT buy from In the Company of Dogs. God forbid your order is damaged in shipping...you'll likely NEVER get ANY satisfaction from dealing with their customer service. Such a disappointing experience. We're supposed to believe this company cares about dogs & the people who love them? I don't see it...."

This review was modified by packleader on February 13 2015 03:34:41 PM

2014-12-06

"I wish I would have read these reviews prior to ordering!
My experience was very similar with a couple of new twists. We ordered a dog bed for our two Cock-A-Poos about 20 - 25 lbs. each. the bed for two dogs we ordered indicated that it would accomodate dogs up to 50 lbs.. The measurement of the bed (in the catelog) was 47" L X 32" W X12" H. Unfortunately, the bed itself where your pets would speep was only 29" W X approx. 25" D. The "L" that they spoke of in the ad was actually the width but included very large pillows/bolsters that made it 47" wide.

When the product was shipped, it was compressed by removing the air from the package in order to fit in a smaller box for shipping. Because this item was much too small for our dogs and the others offered were too large to fit in our bedroom we wanted to return it. When I called customer service the personnel were very rude. They advised that I can return the product but I would have to pay for the shipping myself. They advised that I can take the package to the USPS because it would be the least expensive. Unfortunately, I do not have the machinery to compress the material but I did struggle to get all the material in a single box albeit a few inches larger than the original. When I went to the post office they informed me that it would cost more than $72.00 to ship - the bed originally listed for $99.95. I thought there is no way that I am paying that much to return merchandise that they will resell to someone else and not even offer to pay at least half of the cost. I then went to UPS and fortunately they shipped it $36.00. Not great but better.

I recommend that no one ever does business with this organization. Their product catalog is extremely misleading, and their Customer Service is one of the worst I have ever dealt with. Buyer beware."

This review was modified by DogPeople on December 06 2014 10:39:18 AM

2014-12-02

"This is by far the worst online retailer from which I've ordered merchandise. Their customer support is rude and totally unhelpful. The VIP program is misleading and good luck getting hold of a customer service representative who can assist you.

Avoid this company!!!"

This review was modified by mikekutrik on December 02 2014 02:41:10 PM

In the Company of Dogs User

2014-09-11

"Terrible for customers...I ordered 3 items, two of which got cancelled due to being out of stock--despite still showing as available on website! They also never notified me the dog sweaters weren't coming nor were they willing to refund my 10.95 shipping fee.

Just avoid this company if you can."

2014-08-19

"Refused to credit a 12 month VIP membership they charged to my credit card because I supposedly checked some box (I did not) for $12.97 monthly of VIP membership- very poor service and a total FRAUD. I will report them to the consumer fraud department in Illinois"

This review was modified by SwissShepherd on August 19 2014 09:37:40 AM

2014-08-06

"Worst experience ever. Refused to credit for some VIP membership that they claim was "checked" when I bought a $20 t-shirt. Now I've been unknowingly paying $12.97 per month on my VISA for the last 12 months (= $156) because of some marketing negative option checkbox on the checkout page.

SCAM OPERATION"

2014-08-01

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Horrible customer service they lie straight to you!!! Ive never been talked to so rude by customer service. Never did get my product after paying for 2 day shipping. It was obviously back ordered but I was never told that. Was lied to by three different woman 3 different times. Finally cancelled order! Husband changed debit card number because this company can't be trusted. Buy your products else where!!! I should have read reviews before I ordered from this company it would have saved me the headache!"

This review was modified by Mberen11569 on August 01 2014 07:24:05 AM

2014-05-29

"I have to modify what is below - paying for their two-day shipping does indeed get you the products in two days. I was pleasantly shocked hours after writing this review to have Fed Ex show up with my two-day order from this company. I had no idea it was coming, they had not sent a shipping confirmation email with tracking information - nothing. It just shipped and showed up at my door. So indeed I did get my "rush" order in two days. It was sent the day after the holidays and got here two days later. So for that I thank them, and stand corrected. But a shipping confirmation keeping me informed would have gone a long way....

I have had no issues with the products, but the shipping times and customer service are horrible. I emailed asking about how to get a refund on a product that I already know I don't want after reading horrible reviews about it - and they never responded. I'm still sending it back or refusing it at the post office if I can, but now I'm just happy the product I'm returning wasn't that expensive as I have no idea if I'll get anything back from them.

Then the shipping times - I just ordered something I need very badly for my dog who just had surgery. I asked for the two-day shipping, and of course like with a reputable company like Amazon, that to me would have meant 2 or maybe 3 days later I'd have the product. No, that's not what this means. It just merely means WHEN THEY GET AROUND TO FILLING THE ORDER, then they supposedly will ship two-day shipping. I did notice that there is another choice that for about $5 they will put a rush handling on it and "move the order to the top of the list." But when I inquired about adding that to my order, I was told that by selecting the two-day shipping, that automatically got a priority put on the order. And of course, it's now been three days since I placed the order and I've gotten no confirmation that it's been shipped. I would have expected to have it by now since I paid for two-day shipping. Which supposedly meant faster filling of the order as well. Not the case.

I used to get this same product from Canada which of course meant longer transit times and more money for shipping. I was thrilled to see the same product in the latest In the Company of Dogs catalog. Next time I'll order from Canada.

I ordered a $400 dog bed some time ago and it took WEEKS to show up. I'm sure their excuse was that it was being sent from the manufacturer - but if that's the case, let us know that. Don't make us sit here wondering where our order is.

The catalog and the high end unique items make this look like an amazing company. But the customer service and again the lengthy shipping times really are unfortunate. I'd be careful ordering anything expensive from them. And I'll also check the web for any other retailer or merchant that might carry the same product before I ever order from them as a first choice.

So I'm still waiting for my last order. Got the order confirmation and nothing since. So much for two-day shipping and rush processing. Buyer beware here."

This review was modified by LuckyDog10 on May 30 2014 06:19:42 AM

2013-02-11

"This place is horrible. I rarely write negative reviews, even if service isn't great, but this was so bad I had to. I guess you could just pay attention to all the other ones here, I wish I had. I ordered a dog bed and for days and days (business days) all it kept saying in my order status was "at drop shipper". I inquired about it multiple times through email, every time getting an automated response saying they received my inquiry and would respond within 24 hours. Nope. So I called. I waited on hold for half an hour before finally pressing the number to place a new order and sure enough they managed to answer right away after that. They were obviously put off when it was not about a new order but about "Where the hell is the order I placed?" They had no answers. Nothing on the order said it was "out of stock" or "back ordered" or I would not have placed the order. I finally just canceled the order and got a similar bed from another company and it was delivered in 6 days. Oh and I got free shipping as opposed to paying $27.95 to In The Company of Dogs who never even shipped it. Buy elsewhere and if you get their catalogs, I recommend lining your puppy's potty area with it."

2013-01-02

"Absolute horrible company! Do now buy anything from this company. They should be out of business. Had to cancel my credit card because they were charging me some kind of subscription, but could not find any of my information to cancel it?
FRAUD ALERT!!"

This review was modified by jmdaniels on January 02 2013 10:24:17 AM

2012-11-11

"Worst customer service EVER. Everyone else seems to agree on this site!!"

Share In the Company of Dogs's store rating

In the Company of Dogs is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

In the Company of Dogs is not a merchant member
In the Company of Dogs does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!