Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I have to modify what is below - paying for their two-day shipping does indeed get you the products in two days. I was pleasantly shocked hours after writing this review to have Fed Ex show up with my two-day order from this company. I had no idea it was coming, they had not sent a shipping confirmation email with tracking information - nothing. It just shipped and showed up at my door. So indeed I did get my "rush" order in two days. It was sent the day after the holidays and got here two days later. So for that I thank them, and stand corrected. But a shipping confirmation keeping me informed would have gone a long way....

I have had no issues with the products, but the shipping times and customer service are horrible. I emailed asking about how to get a refund on a product that I already know I don't want after reading horrible reviews about it - and they never responded. I'm still sending it back or refusing it at the post office if I can, but now I'm just happy the product I'm returning wasn't that expensive as I have no idea if I'll get anything back from them.

Then the shipping times - I just ordered something I need very badly for my dog who just had surgery. I asked for the two-day shipping, and of course like with a reputable company like Amazon, that to me would have meant 2 or maybe 3 days later I'd have the product. No, that's not what this means. It just merely means WHEN THEY GET AROUND TO FILLING THE ORDER, then they supposedly will ship two-day shipping. I did notice that there is another choice that for about $5 they will put a rush handling on it and "move the order to the top of the list." But when I inquired about adding that to my order, I was told that by selecting the two-day shipping, that automatically got a priority put on the order. And of course, it's now been three days since I placed the order and I've gotten no confirmation that it's been shipped. I would have expected to have it by now since I paid for two-day shipping. Which supposedly meant faster filling of the order as well. Not the case.

I used to get this same product from Canada which of course meant longer transit times and more money for shipping. I was thrilled to see the same product in the latest In the Company of Dogs catalog. Next time I'll order from Canada.

I ordered a $400 dog bed some time ago and it took WEEKS to show up. I'm sure their excuse was that it was being sent from the manufacturer - but if that's the case, let us know that. Don't make us sit here wondering where our order is.

The catalog and the high end unique items make this look like an amazing company. But the customer service and again the lengthy shipping times really are unfortunate. I'd be careful ordering anything expensive from them. And I'll also check the web for any other retailer or merchant that might carry the same product before I ever order from them as a first choice.

So I'm still waiting for my last order. Got the order confirmation and nothing since. So much for two-day shipping and rush processing. Buyer beware here.

modified review This review was modified by LuckyDog10 on May 30 2014 06:19:42 AM

"This place is horrible. I rarely write negative reviews, even if service isn't great, but this was so bad I had to. I guess you could just pay attention to all the other ones here, I wish I had. I ordered a dog bed and for days and days (business days) all it kept saying in my order status was "at drop shipper". I inquired about it multiple times through email, every time getting an automated response saying they received my inquiry and would respond within 24 hours. Nope. So I called. I waited on hold for half an hour before finally pressing the number to place a new order and sure enough they managed to answer right away after that. They were obviously put off when it was not about a new order but about "Where the hell is the order I placed?" They had no answers. Nothing on the order said it was "out of stock" or "back ordered" or I would not have placed the order. I finally just canceled the order and got a similar bed from another company and it was delivered in 6 days. Oh and I got free shipping as opposed to paying $27.95 to In The Company of Dogs who never even shipped it. Buy elsewhere and if you get their catalogs, I recommend lining your puppy's potty area with it."

"Absolute horrible company! Do now buy anything from this company. They should be out of business. Had to cancel my credit card because they were charging me some kind of subscription, but could not find any of my information to cancel it?
FRAUD ALERT!!

modified review This review was modified by jmdaniels on January 02 2013 10:24:17 AM

"Worst customer service EVER. Everyone else seems to agree on this site!!"

"This company has terrible customer service. Be careful of the website it will submit orders without clicking the "submit" button. I put everything in my cart and went to change my card number and the order submitted but never notified me. It went to a page that said I had an empty cart so I picked everything back out again and the order submitted a second time, still never clicking the submit button.
The following day, upon realizing the two orders, I called customer service and they informed me that they could cancel the second one out and that I would not be charged until the purchase was sent. Then upon checking my bank account I was not only charged twice but 4 times for the two orders. I immediately called customer service back and they acted as if I was ignorant and told me I must not order online because there is always a second charge for pre authorization of the total charge. I provided them with the fax number to my bank to release the funds back to me and was told that I would have everything back by midnight on monday and two days later I still don't have the money back.
This company has lost my business and I am warning everyone else not to buy from this company because they are a scam!

"Horrible Customer Service. Would write more but don't feel like wasting a second more on anything to do with this company. Beware, if you buy something, it will most likely be on back order and you will receive horrific customer service. "

"Absolutely horrible customer service. It is October 8th and I still have not received my order from August 17th and no one in "customer service" can tell me why. "

"Atrocious!!!! Bought 3 gates and one of them completely fell apart. It took no less than 6 calls to get any one to answer a call. Finally got to Penny who seemed helpful. Asked me to send some docuementation. Did that and then absolutely no response to repeated emails and phone messages. Thought I'd escalate so I talked to a Customer Service supervisor, Gary. He promised that he would have somebody get back to me right away. 4 days later and still nothing. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY."

"WATCH OUT for this company. Products are of inferior quality. Customer Service non-existant. Really! Go ahead, give 'em a call or send an email.

Shop elsewhere. My experience has been terrible.

modified review This review was modified by JPsamuell on July 31 2012 10:58:06 AM

"I really wanted to say something nice but simply cannot -- In the Company of Dogs and Potpourri Group has been a horrible experience, and far from over. The T-shirts I bought were of poor quality (itchy and crudely finished cotton) and one never made it because they were out. I should have stopped then. Anyway, my recent purchase was completed despite me sending them hundreds of pleas for cancellation after they delayed the handling of my order. The last email was they are cancelling my order and 2 days later they charge my card anyway. And they overcharge for everything including shipping!
Their business practices, including withholding the processing of my order, misinformation, archaic security proceedings, rudeness of the customer service and absolutely byzantine return service designed to simply drive one crazy -- why are they still doing business?

"I placed an order in plenty of time for Christmas delivery, but Christmas came and went without my order arriving. I have tried to contact customer service three times, but it is five days later, and I have received no reply."

In the Company of Dogs is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

In the Company of Dogs is not a merchant member
In the Company of Dogs does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!