i-wireless Reviews - iwirelesshome.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.57/10 14 reviews

i-wireless is not a merchant member
i-wireless does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Do not get iWireless. These fucking cheapskates lied. I bought a fucking 50 dollars card that was supposed to be unlimited talk, text, and data. They gave me unlimited talk and text but only two GB of data. They ripped me off and I want a refund. Fuck you, Kroger."

modified review This review was modified by glenny3214 on March 21 2014 08:43:41 AM

"I purchased a usb modem online and as soon as it was received, the nightmare began!
. I have never experienced a more frustrating attempt with customer service as I have the past 2 weeks with their representatives.
The modem was shipped to my daughters address and
I received the modem on July 12. I called the number provided as I could not get the item to load in my computer on July 13th and I was told someone would call me back within 24 hours. I did not receive a call back so I called again on the 16th and was told the same thing, again no call back. I called the 18,19,and the 20th.All 3 times I was promised a call back and was told how sorry they were I was not getting help. I was told on the 20th please allow 24 to 48 hours, after the weekend. It's now the 25th and I still have not received a call back. I called again, I stated I wanted a refund as I have set up with another provider that actually was able to help me with great service. I told the rep that I realized there was a 14 day timeline but I spent 14 days waiting for help. She said she couldn't give me a return auth#, but she could have someone call me back!!! What choice did I have but to once again give her my phone number, then she asked for the phone # I was using for the modem, when I told her I never set it up because I couldn't get help her response amazed me, she stated "Well that's why you probably never got a call back, and without that information, I cant request a callback and I cant help you." How do you reply to that? So I attempted to respond to the cust serv email address on the shipping confirm I received in my email and the address was invalid. So they have my 53.00 and I have a worthless modem. I am angry and feel cheated, but will pursue all options to get my money back. Next step, the better business bureau!

modified review This review was modified by Lindams on July 25 2013 08:30:45 PM

"I have been a customer of our wireless for several years now and I found nothing been a very great value for my needs. I've been very happy with the service I received from them. In fact I just upgraded my phone with them and plan to continue service. I really love the loyalty program where you pend money in the store and get free minutes on your phone."

modified review This review was modified by Sahwoosh on June 23 2013 06:57:52 PM

"Bought a $35 i-wireless card for my phone, had it activated in the store. I got home to find out that the entire balance had been drained in 20 minutes because of an app built into my HTC Radar 4G. I called them up, and they said that they charge $0.05 per KILOBYTE. That means that downloading a text file onto the phone would've cost me roughly $50. The WORST customer service, they told me they'd refund me if I signed up for a $50/month contract for 2 years. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM."

"I just received 2 HTC evo cell phones today one didn't work it just kept restarting. So I called i-wireless support 3 different techs said they couldn't help because they were not trained on the phone and I had to ship it back at my expense. So I ask to speak to a supervisor I asked why I had to pay for shipping back a cell phone that NEVER worked he said that their policy and hung-up on me. Terrible customer service.. The only thing I can do at this point is dispute the charges with my credit card company. I would strongly suggest use a different cell phone company to anyone thinking about i-wireless."

Rating 4/102/5

"My review is going to focus on the mobile broadband side of i-wireless.

Their pay-as-you-go mobile broadband is is a great deal for the traveler who occasionally finds they are in a Hilton which charges $12 / night for wireless, or out in a campground where there is no wireless, but there is cell coverage. Their pricing is certainly a good deal and with no commitment to a long term plan.

Unfortunately, I have had at least four occasions where I've been locked out of the sign-in procedure on my browser, and each time it took about 45 minutes or longer with customer service to rectify the problem.

If you are both a cell phone and a mobile broadband customer like I am, you're asking for trouble. Apparently this is why my account keeps getting locked out. You're supposed to have different emails associated with each account, which I do, but their system keeps locking out my mobile broadband usage.

Their website allows cell phone customers to register and check the status of their account, but it does not allow mobile broadband users to do the same.

And their customer service people are either not trained or not empowered to troubleshoot the kind of problems I seem to have over and over with their website not allowing me to purchase time. Tonight I was told it could be up to 72 hours before somebody at i-wireless even looks at my problem!

A few weeks ago, I was unable to purchase time for my mobile broadband device. I called 3 times, got 3 different operators, and they all insisted my credit card was bad. The 3rd time, I called them after successfully charging a wi-fi purchase from the hotel to that same card. And i-wireless was still in denial, saying my credit card was bad.

The next day when I called to escalate the situation to a supervisor, I was told by a more knowledgeable rep that their system only allows 3 credit card purchases within a 30 day rolling window! And that's ANY credit card. If I want more purchases than that, I have to go find a Kroger grocery store and purchase an air time card. It was good that I finally found an explanation, but it was a dumb reason, and it was unacceptable that the other reps put me through extensive troubleshooting without knowing it was the credit card 3 times rule that was kicking me out.

I really want this company to do good because I like their product when it works. But I think I'm about at the end of my rope with their lack of responsiveness.

Rating 4/102/5

"One scammy thing about Kroger, is on their website you can only buy airtime in weird increments. But it's not so weird when you understand that to buy a 25 dollar plan, the total is 27 and some change. Well, gee 25 is an increment, but that doesn't buy you enough airtime to switch to the 25 dollar plan, right? So the next increment is - 35 dollars, with taxes and fees equals 38 and change total. So now you're paying 18 bucks more for a 25 dollar plan. You can't get the money back either. Sure you can buy junk online, like some stupid ringtone, but then you lose the money for minutes. It's just a way to get your money and it's unethical and disgusting. Business in America sucks."

"We bought two LG Optimus's ("Optimi?") for $70 each and couldn't be happier with them (our first smartphones) or the service. Weird to buy phone service c/o a grocery store ("Ralph's, here in California) but we get additional airtime when we shop, plus their customer service has been very helpful and responsive. Plus, airtime ROLLS OVER to the next month! We like it more that Virgin or Net10, who we have also used (we are abroad about 1/2 the year so no-contract suits us). Highly recommended, based on 6 months usage!"

modified review This review was modified by ersatzguy on July 10 2012 02:20:34 PM

"I have had Iwireless service for 4 years now and love it! I don't talk much so I use the 25.00 plan. I have used their customer service people and they are excellent. Can you say that about anyone else's? Bottom line, I have a smartphone with all the bells and whistles for under 30.00 a month. I don't recommend the Sanyo zio phone because the screen does not respond well, but the LG optimus is nice."

"I cancelled my NET 10 account - what a blessing! I signed up with I - Wireless at my Fred Meyer store (Kroger). The service is far better than I received fro Net 10. My Samsung 330 phone is clear and powerful. The phone and email service from I - Wireless is absolutely fantastic!"

Rating 6/103/5

"I got 2 phones for my sister over the last couple of years from iwireless/kroger and THEY HAVE WORKED FINE! (I noticed 2 of the phones were about the Seek. Don't blame iwireless/Kroger for a bad phone).

I finally decided to get a prepaid phone and iwireless was the first company I checked with. Unfortunately, they are re-doing their website and it was a nightmare to get the Basic 20 Cent plan and a phone (website never did work right). Put a phone in my cart, went to Create an Account, and although it created an account, it just came back to that page - blank this time - never sending me on to the next step after Creating an Account. Gave up and went with T-Mobile pay as you go, with a Samsung T139. Plan was good. Will see how it goes.

I do have one MAJOR complaint against iwireless: their email support is located in one place and has access to your account. I got tired of the email time delay as I was in a hurry to get a phone, so called their Customer Support. Well they are located somewhere in the 'mid-west' and said they couldn't access my account I had created without my PASSWORD!! Can you believe that?! NO COMPANY should EVER request your password!! He said he needed it or I'm on my own. So, WAY against my better judgement I gave it to him (but got his name and Badge ID). As I recall, he didn't see an account for me.

So although my sister and family have had GREAT SUCCESS with iwireless in the past, and was my choice this time around, the website mess-up and the request for my password turned me off from them for sure.

I'll give them 4 stars for good service to my sister in this area in the past, but 1 star for the website disaster and the password request by Customer Support. Evens out to 2-3 stars I guess.

"DON'T buy one. We got a Samsung Seek for my daughter. After 2 months it did not work. It was sent to Samsung 3 times to get repaired and still did not work. I-wireless said there is nothing they can do, I have to deal with Samsung. Samsung wanted me to return it a 4th time. What makes me think they can repair it the 4th time? I took it back to Smith's were I bought it and they said they are sold with a no return poicy. After they said there is nothing they can or will do to help me out I smashed it on the floor as hard as I could and walked out leaving the pieces all over the floor. Hey I felt better. What a piece of CRAP and what useless companies!"

"I would not advise getting this carrier if you do any sort of picture messaging. Its almost impossible to send/ receive picture messages. The internet is absolutetly HORRIBLE. I have the Samsung Seek and it is SLOW SLOW SLOW. I will be switching back to Tmobile ASAP. The only plus about this carrier is that when you contact customer service, you actually get an english speaking person with no accent. "

"Retail stores of The Kroger Company are the exclusive point-of-sale locations to buy phones and airtime cards for this service provider. In fact, Kroger uses i-wireless as a customer loyalty program, tying the purchase and use of the phone to free airtime minutes awarded for making purchases.

Unfortunately, i-wireless is absolutely horrible.

Reputable wireless providers send returned phones to a remanufacturing facility for separate redistribution through the appropriate channel. i-wireless sells returned phones to unsuspecting customers as new.

Reputable wireless providers are transparent in presenting the fees they charge to maintain and use their service. i-wireless is completely opaque about their fees and for good reason. They lie about the actual cost of their service!

Reputable wireless providers make it easy to do business with them by offering service renewal options online. i-wireless forces users to visit a Kroger store to buy a card in order to continue using their phone. This is a manipulative tactic to "drive traffic" into the stores.

Reputable wireless providers strive for excellence in their operations. Unfortunately, i-wireless can be depended upon to operate a Web site that fails to function properly with stunning consistency.

Reputable wireless providers do not lie, cheat or steal from their customers. After the i-wireless site indicated that I would be charged $7.00 for "free" minutes I earned as a bonus for signing up, I called their customer service line. The representative proceeded to "slam" me into a different service plan than the one I had selected, without my permission. This was only one of the many insults I experienced with them.

Reputable wireless providers make it as easy to stop doing business with them as it was to start. When I tried to return the i-wireless phone I had, I was refused. I only got an authorization processed after asking for the last names of those involved to provide to the magistrate clerk when I filed my civil action!

To reiterate, i-wireless is positively, absolutely horrible!

The solution? Go to http://www.consumersearch.com/ to identify the best wireless providers.