• iHerb.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.70/10 3.70/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.63/10 2.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Because Iherb has really terrible reviews I was scared to order at first, however one of my friends living in Singapore let me know she orders there all the time and has had no problems.. so I decided to make a smaller order than first intended to see how it would go.
I ordered express on 22th of march(Sunday), I was expecting it to be shipped the next day as thats what they told me on the chat that the order would be picked up in the afternoon on Monday.
It was not shipped the day they told me, which I find strange as express is always shipped the same day or day after.
I decided to contact them again and the guy made notes that it is quite urgent. I recieved it just in time, 5 a clock in the afternoon in Singapore. Had it arrived one hour later I would have left for the airport already.
I am curious if I did not contact them again to let them know I will only be 2 days in Singapore, if the packaged wouldn't have arrived in time? Of course I don't know how many staff they have or how many express orders they recieve, but considering that iherb works 24/7 I was expecting it to go faster than it actually did.
Any way besides this I did not have any problems with them and recieved my package just in time.
The only reason I chose DHL was because they offered half price off express shipping, however I would have never picked it otherwise as DHL is an extremely unprofessional delivery service.
I wonder if a few of the reviews here are meant for the shipping company rather than iherb itself because I have had so many problems with DHL in the past which is of course not the fault of the online store you ordered from.

modified review This review was modified by Emilief on March 28 2015 11:08:24 PM

"I recently started shopping with iHerb and i have absolutely zero complains. Like their prices compared to other retailers, such as amazon, are way more affordable and shipping isn't expensive crazy. Which is great for me since i am a single mom putting myself through college. i personally love shopping there for for organic producs to add to my all natural beauty regimen. Maybe the people writing the bad reviews aren't from the U.S? because all the bad reviews i see are usually from foreigners. AS for a customer who lives a few states away from california, Texas, i say there should be no issues whastoever and resonable shipping. i paid 4 bucks and then received my stuff 4 days later. way faster than anywhere else. just as fast as my two day prime membership with Amazon. If you are living in the u.s. then i believe you should totally give this place a try because all the negativity is coming from people who live elsewhere. Overall, i will continue to shop here. super happy :)"

DaughterOfLights's Avatar
California, USA

"Seems like good luck is on my side. I live in California, and it only takes one single day for my package to arrive at my doorstep. Great prices,too !"

"Iherb is a scam!!! The most disgusting money hungry organization do not order from them or I promise you will get scammed!!! They write they're own review after every angry costumer to even out the ratings!!! Iherb is a scam!!!!! You have been warned!!! You'll get scammed and will pay trippled amount tax for your order!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Fuckiherb on March 21 2015 10:43:52 PM

"Three years with iherb. The best choice. The best prices, best service, best quality. Use code HBQ106 to save 10$ + 50% international shipping. "

modified review This review was modified by ann878 on March 21 2015 12:12:21 PM

"Buyers Beware

I ordered every month several times from iHerb but recently have been scammed. They do not put the cost of the goods on the outside of the box. Thereby customs have to contact herb to get the value of the goods. iHerb then give the total cost of the order including the costs of DHL. As a result your order is over the allowance leading to taxes and VAT. This is incorrect so I'm not sure why they can't be bothered to give the correct amount. Will now be shopping at vita cost

modified review This review was modified by Jude19 on March 11 2015 12:16:02 PM

"I like Iherb.com. They are great, but Korea kind of is a pain. Korea keeps slowing stuff through customs, and they charged me 75 bucks for a 16 dollar jar of honey. I expect some kind of free trade. It doesn't have to be free trade, but charging people a crazy amount just for importing honey is ridiculous.
When the customs was giving me trouble before, and I was waiting for a month, iherb gave me a refund. In the end, customs wanted to charge me $75 for a $16 jar of funny. Ludicrous, isn't it?

modified review This review was modified by basilkeilani on March 11 2015 12:44:14 AM

"BE VERY CAREFUL if first time shipping abroad with IHERB.

For shipping costs the IHERB website instructs to add products to the shopping cart, choose your country of destination and click calculate. I did this and was charged $10 shipping.
DHL Shipping later notified me there would be an additional charge (50% of the product price) if shipped.
IHERB when contacted were not prepared to stop shipment and went on to say:-
If your order is returned to us you will be refunded the total amount of the order, minus the shipping charge, 20% of the value of the order, (as a re-stocking fee). We will also subtract any other outside charges iHerb.com has incurred during shipping, such as warehousing fees, return postage fees, etc

…….in other words tough luck.

Gary (UK)

modified review This review was modified by Newtoshipping on March 10 2015 01:09:32 PM

"good product. shipped quickly and received within the normal period of time."

"Iherb used to be great. Now shipping to South Korea is super slow and unreliable. Customer service is horrible now too. They won't respond to these problems. What happened to this once great company?"

"Ordered from iHerb to Scandinavia and I am very pleased. Used the very cheap shipping (around 7 dollars). I took a risk and it went very well. My order was calculated by iHerb to arrive around march 20th but arrived february 18th only 10 days after the ordered was shipped. Very pleased and all items arrived with great protection looking flawless. Will order again and recommend ordering from iHerb."

modified review This review was modified by krisfloridon on March 02 2015 02:55:51 AM

"I have never written a review but feel compelled to. After placing an order with iHerb I decided to read the reviews. Good thing I did not read them before I placed the order, very poor reviews, I was getting very nervous about having placed an order with them. My experience was quite different. I placed my order on Feb 16, 2015 and received it Feb 19th. Cost of the order was $155.00 CD or $198US. Duty was $24.00CD. This is still much cheaper than from any other source I tried, plus they were one of the few companies that shipped the product I wanted to Canada. I highly recommend iHerb and will use them again."

modified review This review was modified by 4daiki67 on February 20 2015 02:15:32 PM

"Never buy from iherb using the cheap international airmail shipping method. You will simply never receive your goods. They've refused to refund my $23."

modified review This review was modified by rihad on February 14 2015 05:30:46 AM

"Ordered my regular monthly order ($138 on this invoice). I spend approx $250-300/month (1-2 orders) at iherb and have done so for over six years. I had paid, as always, $8 for the UPS Next Day Saver. The order should have shipped Monday and arrived Tuesday, but it's clear that nothing has shipped. A label had been created but not picked by UPS. the order still shows only "label created."

CS rep #1 tells me that UPS lost the package... I told her that it has yet to be picked by UPS and she hangs-up. I call back and talk to Crystal and am told to give it another day to see if the pkg arrives... a pkg that has yet to leave the warehouse. Meanwhile my daughter is out of Idebenone. We cannot source Ideb via prescription.

I use the web-chat and told by Gerald that a replacement order will be there by Friday, fully one week from the inception of the order. I tell him to cancel it or receive a charge-back. Then he states he made a mistake and it will get there sooner. I ask for confirmation of the cancellation and end the chat.

I live 100 miles from iherb and it's clearly apparent that it's my fault that they cannot deliver it inside a week. I could walk it there in less time.

AVOID.

modified review This review was modified by stephanie0213 on February 10 2015 03:18:55 PM

"I ordered 8 weeks ago! Never got the items. I kept emailing they told me wait for 8 weeks. I emailed after 8 weeks. No response. They have charged my card and no items since December 12th. I do not recommend you order anything from there no matter how cheap it is. "

Share iHerb.com's store rating

iHerb.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

iHerb.com is not a merchant member
iHerb.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!