• Address: 5301 Sheila Street

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.31/10 2.31/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.69/10 2.69/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

Home Furniture Mart User

"Liar ! Liar ! Liar ! Arrogant and bad customer service and if you want a peaceful and pleasant furniture shopping experience, DON'T GO to Home Furniture Mart, or otherwise You will be vomiting blood.

And remember, there are too many this kind of LIAR in this business community who want to make use of Internet to get great sales, thinking merely design nicely their website, close sales 1st and ignore customer feedback. They don't even answer telephone call and please don't expect any customer sales service call or after sales service, and we really hope the online community will get the reality.

They even speak arrogantly they serve so many customers ( but in fact they only have one poor old staff in showroom, imagine how true?). Most of the time, they neglected customers' needs and once money received, you have to wait for a prolong delivery and delayed delivery. But very sadly, the only poor staff have been professionally trained on their reaction to deal with multiple complaints daily by Step 1. Defence themself by telling you delay without notice is normal Step 2. They will scold you that you are rude, so they will try to show they are victim and customers are irrational
Step 3. They do not take ownership of problem.

Avoid them !!!

Home Furniture Mart User

"THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER TRIED TO BUY FURNITURE FROM.

I ORDER MY TABLE DEC.7TH 2014, I WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS ON BACK ODER WHICH I WAS FINE WITH. I CALLED TWO WEEKS LATER TO CHECKUP ON THE STATUS OF MY ORDER, THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE READY SOMETIME IN THE FIRST OR SECOND WEEK IN JAN. I CALLED AGAIN TWO WEEKS LATER HOPING THAT MAYBE THE ORDER HAD COME IN, BUT I STILL GOT THE SAME ANSWER "SOMETIME IN THE FIRST OR SECOND WEEK OF JAN." WHICH WAS A LITTLE FRUSTRATING NOT HAVING A SPECIFIC DATE BUT I WAS STILL WILLING TO WAIT. THEN I CALLED TODAY JAN. 8TH 2015 JUST FOR THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. JUST TO TELL ME THAT IT WILL BE ANOTHER 2-3 WEEKS. I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED. I TOLD HER THAT I HAD BEEN CALLING AND THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN VERY DISMISSIVE, AND NOT SPECIFIC ABOUT GIVING ME AN EXACT DATE. SHE SAID " WHAT DO YOU EXPECT, YOUR NOT SPECIAL" I SAID " OH REALLY WOW THAT'S HOW YOU TALK TO YOUR CUSTOMERS" AND SHE SAID "OH REALLY WOW, YES" MOCKING ME THEN HANGING UP. I CALLED BACK AND SPOKE TO MONICA A DIFFERENT REP. WHO WAS VERY UNDERSTANDING AND SAID SHE COULD NOT GIVE ME THE NAME OF THE REP I SPOKE TO PRIOR, DUE TO THE FACT THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO LEAVE THEIR NAMES IN THE COMMENT SECTION OF YOUR ORDER. SHE THEN TOLD ME THAT THE ODER HAD BEEN CANCELED. I JUST COULDN'T BELIEVE THAT THE REP I SPOKE TO PRIOR WOULD CANCEL MY ORDER LIKE THAT. SHE IS BY FAR THE RUDEST CUSTOMER SERVICES REP I HAVE EVER SPOKEN TO.

THAT TABLE WAS $476.90, THIS COMPANY OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT LIKE MONEY JUDGING BY THE OTHER COMMENTS I HAVE READ ON THIS SITE AND THE RESPONSES GIVEN. IT SEEM THAT THEY NEVER ADDRESS THE SITUATIONS OR TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THEIR FAILURE TO DELIVER ON TIME AS WELL AS THE LACK OF THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

* JUST TO ADD I DESIGN MODEL HOMES FOR SEVERAL BUILDERS AND WILL NEVER USE OR RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE. IN ALL OF THE YEARS I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE.

"Ordered 30 Nov, received 30 Dec. Ordered the Coaster Wall Unit which is advertised on HFM website as "Solid Wood and Wood Veneer". This is not true, 98% of the product is MDF and paper veneer. The only solid wood is the wooden dowels included in the hardware bags. I am very unhappy however, It's my fault for not doing more investigation on my part and I'll live with my mistake. Shipping also took longer than advertised."

Home Furniture Mart User

"i do not recommend this company to any one just because of bad,bad,bad customer service. "

Home Furniture Mart User

"I wish I would have seen these customer reviews before I fell into the trap of ordering from a place that utilizes poor business practices and I seriously cannot believe they're even in business. I think every positive review on this site is made up by the owner and staff.

Everyone in their customer service department is extremely incompetent and unwilling to help. They do not offer any assistance, they do not return calls when they say they will, they do not send emails they say they are going to, and they're never clear on the shipping date.

They claim that items ship in 1-2 weeks however I've been given 3 separate shipping dates and every time I call for a tracking number I'm told it will be futher delayed. Oh, and of course, there's never any manager available to speak with. Am I getting my product? Will it even be in good condition? They took my money the second the order was place and here I am still waiting.

I will be reporting this place to the BBB. I see on this site that all HFM responses are defensive and full of excuses no honorable businesses would ever project onto it's customers. What a sham.

Home Furniture Mart User

"Price for the product was unbelievable. Two chairs for $189.00, including delivery.

We are in NY and it was delivered from NY warehouse in 2 days.

Will recommend them to all of my friends

Home Furniture Mart User

"My experience with Home Furniture Mart has definitely been a pleasure. They have great quality at reasonable prices. The wide range of selection is a plus. I purchased some pieces for my office and I am very happy with the way it turned out. I have already recommended this place to my friends and I will definitely shop here in the future."

"This company has been such a frustration to work with! They shipped us the wrong item, have been on the phone 3x a day with them since then (two weeks ago) Always get the run-around on the phone. No clear answer, everyone says something different. Employees are impatient but make no move to fix the problem. Have been told twice we would have the tracking number for our new item, but has not happened yet. They are trying to send us used furniture from another home, after saying they made a mistake they will not correct it. So very frustrating, and a huge waste of time. To date, no resolution to their mistake, and we have only half a product with no end to this mess in sight. Save your money for a company who will do right by you!"

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-01-2014

Home Furniture Mart, Home Furniture Mart rep has responded

“Two customers placed an orders for the same product but different color... (each order 2 boxes)
Unfortunately, delivery/freight company mixed up boxes and delivered product in different color to each consumer.
Such errors are rare, but unfortunately do occur from time to time, anybody can make mistake...
HFM immediately contacted freight company and redirected shipments.
First customer understood the situation and accepted our apologizes.
The second one left false review (see above) in addition to the rude conversation with the customer service...”

"I am very pleased with my purchase, high quality dining set and fast shipment. Prices are budget-saving and you have a range of choice to choose from. Dealing with customer service was not a problem at all, they very wery polite and helpful. Enjoyed Home Furniture Mart very much, and will recommend it to everyone. "

"Ordered product 8/1, and they state it will deliver in 2 weeks. called a couple times at around 2 weeks and was told it would ship in my week. called back 1 week later and told it is further delayed...finally shipped 8/27. Product arrived That Friday, almost 1 month after order.

I could have lived with that if not for the condition the product arrived in. While there were 2 small holes in the box, it looked fine. I didn't make the driver wait, as I thought that was only necessary when the box shows clear damage. We opened the box the next morning and saw some minor damage where one of the holes were...shame on us for not looking closer..again we would have fixed/dealt with that. As we opened the rest of the box, we discovered multiple walls that were cracked/bent, the back falling off the unit, a chunk broken off the base, etc. After seeing the lack of packing materials in the box (2 small pieces of styrofoam near the base, and cardboard on each corner), it no wonder the product arrived damaged.

We immediately called and left a message with the company about the issue. Of course, no response. 5 days later i finally get someone who has me fill out the damage link (on 9/4). It is now 9/17, and after 5 different calls to get a status update with NO returned messages, i finally get a response that basically says its not their problem. Of course, I will not be using this website or any of their sister websites to furnish the rest of our house.

Only good thing was the price, which is obviously from inferior products and poor packing/customer service

"Horrible customer service. Product was delivered well beyond promised date making me have to call to find out where my purchase was. They were unfriendly and gave me the runaround about where it was and who to call to find its location.

Product was damaged on delivery. I did sign for it because two boxes were dropped off curbside (where it was 90+ degrees out) and it would (and did) take an hour to strip off all the packaging before I found the damage inside. Beyond the cardboard boxes and shrink wrap, the product was also protected by an internal wood frame which gave me a false sense of security that all would be okay on the inside. I also felt it unreasonable to make the driver wait (who was already late) while I opened two giant boxes curbside. MY MISTAKE (and lesson learned). I am disappointed that this company would not even consider working out some sort of resolution to an obvious lack of performance and decision on their choice of shipping methods.

“FALSE REVIEW!
1. PRODUCT WAS DAMAGED BY CONSUMER!
2. Product was inspected in our warehouse and shipped in perfect condition.
3. Customer received product on 6.25.2014 and signed Delivery Receipt, stating “Order was received in Good Condition”.
4. On 06.28.2014 IN 3 DAYS! Customer filed damaged report, stating that boxed were “Damaged, torn, crushed, ripped”. Our policy states that damage Report must be filed within 24 hours after delivery.
5. It’s totally understandable that PRODUCT WAS DAMAGED AFTER DELIVERY. Even though it was “90+ degrees out”, he could make a note on Delivery receipt “DAMAGED”, but product was in good condition…..”

"Will never order again from this business. My order has not been completed yet."

Home Furniture Mart, Home Furniture Mart rep has responded

“We are sorry you did not receive your order as promptly as you expected. The manufacturer experienced an unusually large number of orders, which disrupted our normal delivery schedule. However, your order has been shipped on 08.18.2014.
I hope you already received it and can change your review.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this must have caused you.”

"Not only did it take 3 months to receive the furniture I ordered, the first time it was delivered it was horribly damaged so they had to re-send it. Then when they finally sent it again 3 months later, one piece has a defect in it. Holes drilled into the piece to hold a shelf up were made too big. I've talked to the company a dozen times and have written several e-mails and have been promised resolution, but so far nothing! I've had the piece 8 months and still no resolution. Now they will not return my phone calls or e-mails.
Today, I finally got a response to an email saying they sent me new shelf supports weeks ago, but I haven't received them. I'll let you know what happens.
Okay, so now they have sent shelf supports that are a little bigger but still not exactly the size to fit the holes drilled into the furniture. I am tired of dealing with them at this point. I will try to make what I have work using some wood putty or something. I think some of the people working at HFM try but all in all they have problems; delays in getting your furniture to you, problems with the furniture they deliver, and not fixing those problems in a timely and complete manor. Beware of shopping here.

“Dana,
Thank you for your "fair" review. You are "100% right"... It is "our fault" that the product we shipped was damaged in transit by trucking company...”

"I odered on June 26 upon check out it said I would have my order in 5 days I recieved one e-mail stating 1-2 weeks it would ship out. I sent a couple e-mails that were not responded to and called twice. One call got answered and I got a very rude receptionist that said my order would ship out at the end week. That was last week and I still don't have a shipping confirmation. I received one e-mail a couple days saying the manafacturer had a large order and has prlonged shipping.I responded with some questions and still did not get a response. Three weeks out still no product and only have talked to rude people. My credit card was charged 3 weeks ago I'm almost not sure this is a scam."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-21-2014

“FALSE REVIEW!!!
1. Our store policies clearly state "Usually ships in 1-2 weeks".
2. When customer placed an order she received confirmation "Your order will be shipped in 1-2 weeks.
3. There are no pages in our store stating that "... product will be RECEIVED in 5 days".
4. Due to holidays (4th of July) order was shipped in 16 days, instead of 14.
5. Customer received Email with the Tracking Number immediately after shipping.
FALSE REVIEW!!!”

"Bought my furniture about a year ago and it's falling apart. My sofa and loveseat look horrible! Do not buy from these people. They would do nothing to fix my very cheaply made furniture."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-21-2014

Home Furniture Mart, Home Furniture Mart rep has responded

“Customer's bought this "cheaply made furniture" with the Guardsman 5-year Elite Furniture Protection Plan.
Customer should spend some time to contact Guardsman and report the problem, instead false review about retail store.”

Home Furniture Mart is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Home Furniture Mart is a merchant member
Home Furniture Mart participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,898 merchant members.