Home Furniture Mart Reviews - homefurnituremart.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 4.67/10 25 reviews

Home Furniture Mart is not a merchant member
Home Furniture Mart does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Just recently ordered Parker House Writing Desk. Since the day of order delivery took about 2 weeks. Writing desk came fully assembled, free from any damages. I never bought any furniture only but my 1st experience was very positive. Thank you HomeFurnitureMart. "

modified review This review was modified by SriladakR on April 08 2014 05:05:44 PM

"I am very please with my transaction with Home Furniture Mart. I purchased some "big" pieces of furniture which had to be shipped from Calif. to Michigan in the middle of the most terrible winter we had in years. One of the pieces came and was badly damaged. After filing a damage report, I made one phone call to be told my "new" replacement would be delivered the following week... It was... in perfect condition. No hassle, no argument... "Stuff" happens---but how its dealt with --- that is the real test--- HFM passed with an A++"

modified review This review was modified by dshemanski on March 11 2014 04:14:39 PM

"I ordered a 60 wood and stone top table to arrive in 2-3 weeks. They lied, they ordered it from China when I ordered and refused to give me my money back without a penalty fee when I told them I needed the furniture in 3 weeks from the date ordered. Four months + later it arrived with the holes drilled incorrectly for the screws and a big 18" gash on the edge of the table (the apron). I filled out the paperwork and sent in with fotos and the copy of Bill of Lading delineating damage. Have not heard back despite calls and emails. I am going to contact my credit card, the BBB and the Attorney General of California to file a report....I have found reviews for the company on Yahoo; over 160 complaints just like mine and worse. NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY THEY ARE LIARS, CHEATS AND THIEVES."

modified review This review was modified by Zolowitz on February 03 2014 05:18:47 PM

"This is my first experience with Home Furniture Mart and I'm really disappointed. I purchased a dining room set and buffet on 10/25/2013 and did not receive a confirmation except for my online receipt that I saved to my computer. After 3 weeks and no word from the store of when my furniture will arrive, I called the them. They said my furniture would be delivered on 11/18/13. On 11/18/13 I again called the store and they said the furniture would arrive by 11/22/13. Once again I called the store and was told 11/26/13. Its now 11/27/13, the day before Thanksgiving and I still do not have my furniture. The most exasperating thing is there is no communication. These people have had almost $4000 of my money for over a month and have not called me once. Boo to Home Furniture Mart. "

modified review This review was modified by greenvp on November 27 2013 10:11:55 AM

"Well I gave Furntiture Mart the opportunity to make contact with me and as of yet has not. I ordered a love seat from them and according to their specs it was to be 81 inches wide. This was the reason I ordered it since it was a larger love seat and the dimensions of the sofa were too large for my room. Long story short it arrived and it was only, at the most, 66 inches wide. I tried to contact them and haven't heard back!!!"

"I'm totally annoyed. I placed my order over two weeks ago. Nothing. I go to check on it and it shows that the order has been cancelled. They never notified me. Apparently the item could only be purchased with other specified items. They never bothered to tell me that there was a problem with my order.

...In response to HFM's response. While yes, the item description did say that it required an additional purchase I did not notice that when I bought the item (There was no problem placing the order). I double-checked my email and there was no notification that there was a problem with my order. In fact the response says "Thank you and enjoy your new item." The way I found about about it was by finally calling in to figure out where the heck my order was. If they had been more friendly or helpful when I called I would not have posted such a negative review. Poor way to handle things HFM.

"I would never use this company again. I paid more for my entertainment furniture because they advertise shipping 1 to 7 days. The company took my money and sent me a notice stating my order would be shipped 7 to 14 days... Well... it turns out they have to wait for the furniture to be shipped to them and then in turn ship it out...

But wait... They don't ship it to the customer... They ship it to another company.

So... after 14 days they are just now (according to them) shipping to the second shipping company. When I called to talk to customer service I found them to be rude. OK... past rude.... They just outright laughed at me.

The shipping company they shipped it to were very kind and apologetic but there is nothing they can do until they receive the order., As soon as they received the order they then kept me informed of every step.

I placed my order 2/10 and received it today 3/28. Not exactly the fast shipping they promised.

If I had gone with the company I usually use.... I would have had it much sooner and it would have cost less... Oh... the other company.... http://www.atgstores.com/?af=1506&cid=1013_6

"Thus far, my review has to be consistent with the bad experience reviews. The order arrived with no damage on the boxes. I tried to follow the HFM policy to the letter. I opened the boxes with the delivery guy there and they furniture was falling apart. The returns department gave me hassle for not refusing the boxes, but the policy clearly states that you can only refuse damaged boxes. When I contact the company, they are responsive, but there is no effort to keep me posted on the status. I have been out my money for 5 weeks now with no armoire. If you note online they state they will "rush" a replacement to you if there is damage.. I'll update as we progress, but I would look elsewhere."

"Even though the product was on the backorder and shipped in two weeks after I placed an order. I was really pleased with my entire experience dealing with Home Furniture Mart. I like that they have customer service people that actually answer the phones. They were well informed on their products, and when they couldn't answer my question, they called the manufacturer, and called my back with the correct information. Would not hesitate to order from them again."

"We found exactly what we wanted and were very happy with the price and speed of delivery. Furniture was shipped from California to New York and delivered in perfect condition and easy to assemble. Great to deal with. Loved that someone answered the phone when I called with a question. Will be buying from them again!
Thanks,
Igor Lyubner

modified review This review was modified by igor lyubner on August 02 2012 10:16:02 AM

"I had a great experience with this store. I came upon the HomeFurnitureStore website and saw a huge selection of styles which were very unique. I ordered the chair for my home office. The chair is good quality. I recomended to use this store."

"Thank you for a nice, hassle free transaction. Customer service rep was patient and very helpful. Item is even better then described,great packaging and fast delivery. Don't actually like internet shopping, but if I need more "stuff" for my house will come back to HFM."

"I have been shopping online for many years doing 90% exclusively online. I've delt with hundreds through ebay, amazon and too many to list. This turned out to be my worst 3 full month nightmare. ADVOID at all costs. I paid for an expensive vanity and had to contact them as weeks went buy without delivery. Finally I took off work because the shipping company insists you be there in person. I waited all day and they finally came hours after they promised. It was the wrong one, I recieved a cheaper one. I called the company who asked me to re-wrap the vanity which was a difficult task. over a month later and with my prodding the correct one came and even tho the old one was wrapped the shipper refused it because it was not in his orders. A second day of work lost and the vanity remained on my porch much to my embarrassment and inconvienience. I again contacted the company stating their vanity be picked up from my porch ASAP and i would not take another day off work for their mistake. 1 and 1 half months later no pick up vanity still on my porch and neighbors making joking comments!! My patient phone line is baraged with calls from a shipper insisting i must make an appt with them for pick up! I finally contacted the company giving them a two hour window for pickup but they must first reimburse me for the two hours time missed. We shall see now if this ever happens. I DO NOT recommend them ever!!! Two full days missed of work! The way I feel is they already owe me a full days pay due to their mistake! I'm tired of being walked over and robbed of my much needed pay. Like most people I really need my earnings being a widow with a college student and big morgage. ***FOLLOWUP*** 1 day after I write this I get a harrassing email from the owner threatening me that he will double charge me and in no way attempts to pay for my lost hours of pay to pick this item up! I got threats and nasty remarks about my review of them. I wrote and told them I would take off work yesterday gave them 1 1/2 weeks notice and I only wanted 2 hrs pay,they never showed up, never emailed until today. so now I'm out 10 hours work pay! WHAT THEY WROTE BELOW MADE ME LAUGH BECAUSE THEIR EMAIL WAS NOT REFLECTIVE OF THIS!"

modified review This review was modified by pittsburghpa on July 10 2012 07:55:00 PM

"I recently purchased an expensive queen sleigh bed from this merchant. Upon arrival of the bed I noticed a crushed area of one box and sure enough the rail was damaged. I immediately took pictures and notified the seller. I was advised I would get a quick response as to either a replacement part or repair. That was ten days ago and I've heard nothing. I have since contacted the company twice but no one has ever called back to assist me in resolving this issue. So please be aware! If you buy from this seller and need assistance later you might just be completely on your own.

Updated July 10th, 2012.

I have no agenda with this merchant or any other, like you I just wanted a good experience and I paid upfront. The owner's comments are not at all the experience I had with his company. There is a gash/dent in this furniture, for which I was asked to supply photos and did so immediately on the very day I received the shipment.(My next door neighbor helped me unpack the boxes in my garage and also noticed the crushed wood where shipping damage had occurred.)
After I emailed the photos to the seller, and additionally requested a replacement 3" bolt that was stripped, the office person at Homefurnituremart.com advised me by email that she would get back to me. That was the last I heard from her. No one, not even the owner in his aggravated emails, has ever offered to fix, replace or take back any parts of this bed. After more than a week of silence I emsailed asking if the company was planning on leaving this customer with the damage. No response. Three or four days later I phoned and spoke with another individual. I politely explained I hadn't heard from anyone and since I could not find another dealer to buy the night stands I wanted to match the bed, I had a proposition. I would pay someone locally to repair the damage if the seller would give me a 10% discount on the nightstands I would order through them. I had spent hours online looking for another seller for those night stands but found no other source willing to ship to my small town. And at no time did anyone at the seller's offer to sell the night stands at any price, nor repair the bed, nor ship/mail the 3" bolt! I was told that someone would get back to me with an answer. Again, nothing. Out of shear frustration I wrote to Wynwood, the supplier of the furniture asking if there were other dealers I could purchase the night stands from. Eventually I produced my one star rating and comments. Amazing but THAT got the seller's attention - and it was sarcastic and extraordinarily rude. The owner has sent three or four rude emails, not once offering to speak with me, nor to resolve anything. Then his rebuke of my rating below. Unbelievable! Why was all this necessary?

modified review This review was modified by Sedonamichael on July 10 2012 12:58:03 PM

"Even though the product was on backorder for a short period of time, we were very happy with this transaction and the product. Quality product for a good price.

They maintained good communication around backorder and shipping