• Home Furniture

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.31/10 5.31/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10

2015-07-17

"obviously they are not serious business people, first of all they promise something which are not able to deliver and even they don't bother to call customer to inform them before hand. and when you are looking for your order, say if you don't want it cancel your order after 2-3 weeks waiting!!!! and leave you on hold and then hang up on you,
if you are really want to get something go some where else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2015-06-18

"Yeah, yeah, Home Furniture Mart team! Gloria and Edward are absolutely marvelous. I had an issue with a large piece of furniture that was delivered, was damaged, and the white glove delivery guys could not put it together without having repairs - then I decided it just did not fit in with what I thought would be perfect for our home. Instead of taking the delivery/setup guy's advice, and refusing it as damaged, I accepted it. Well, my bad! So I need to return it and they have been so accommodating.

I give them 5 stars for customer service, accessibility, and friendliness. Gloria went the extra mile to try to find a piece similar to a replacement piece, and it just didn't happen, to the best of both us of trying!

I will happily refer and definitely reorder anything to do with furniture and lighting to this awesome, small company. It's a pleasure to deal with the owner and president of the company and their tight-knit staff (extremely knowledgeable and amazing designer ability - to guide you on ideas for what to purchase!) as opposed to every other "big box" store. At Home Furniture Mart, when you call back, they know your name and call you by it. "

2015-05-19

"We had a good experience with home furniture mart. We purchased a 16 foot bookcase / entertainment center that matches the description on their website . Gloria and the team were very helpful and attentive to our needs and questions
Gbk-Plainfield il

2015-05-11

"WORST COMPANY TO WORK WITH EVER! 1st order came damaged, Refused all pieces, was told I should have kept undamaged pieces, I Returned everything, as I didn't want a paint mismatch with different pieces when new piece came. they argued about that said they would only send the console. because that is all that was stated as damaged, I told them "everything" was returned so they needed to send everything I paid for they had my $2375.00 and I had nothing, we went rounds before I finally ask to speak to their supervisor, I asked for White Glove inspection when the 2nd one came, to assure it would not be damaged, It ws damaged! I Refused it and called Home Furniture mart, where I said I want a REFUND, and could she email me a confirmation of our conversations, she hung up on me, not sure why she couldn't email me anything, so after asking her again, she hung up. Worst customer service Ever and we are in the customer service business and I am generally pretty understanding but this was OFF THE CHARTS! Ugh! Save your money and time...Seriously ORDERED MARCH 4TH LAST DELIVERY MAY 11TH "

Rep reply posted May-16-2015

Home Furniture Mart, Home Furniture Mart rep has responded

“HFM has sent this order 3 times.
Unfortunately, it was damaged 3 times in transit,..
Customer cancelled the order and got full refund.
Like any retailer or distributor shipping nationwide, Home Furniture Mart ships via national and regional parcel, freight and moving companies. Although we use the largest and most well-known carriers, we cannot be responsible for damage of the product, delays in transit, freight company employee conduct, missed delivery appointments, etc.”

2015-03-13

"This is an awesome company to order from. They are the most caring and understanding people. This is the second time that my husband and I ordered through them. The first time we were impressed by the shipping, the second time the trucking company damaged the hutch for the buffet hutch that we ordered. Due to our inexperience we had signed the BOL anyway taking all responsibility off both the trucking company and Home Furniture Mart. However, Home Furniture Mart stepped up and paid freight to pick up the damaged Hutch and send us a new one. This was done out of the kindness of the company, showing maximum superiority far above any other company I have had business with. They are true to their word and I will be purchasing furniture through them again. "

2015-03-09

"I ordered a Wall Entertainment Center from Home Furniture Mart, it arrived within the 2 weeks promised and was absolutely beautiful. Better than pictured. Customer service was great, I called in for update on my order after the first week and was promised it would ship the following week, within 2 days I got a email confirming my order was shipped. Would definitely refer this company to all family and friends looking to furnish their home. "

2015-03-04

"Hi Everyone,
I'm writing this review to share my incredible experience with Home Furniture Mart. First off, let me say that I'm a real customer and not an employee of Home Furniture Mart. My wife and I decided we needed to upgrade our formal dining room. We shopped many sites and showrooms in search of the right dining room set. We found the perfect dining room set thanks to the excellent selection at Home Furniture Mart. They had many styles to choose from all from name brand manufacturers. Their pricing was very competitive. I would suggest you save yourself a lot time by shopping here first. We decided on a dining room set which consisted of a Table, Leaf, two pedestals and six chairs...by the way, the design of these pieces is intricate and detailed...very beautiful. The ordering process was easy to follow and very efficient. Once completed we received a detailed confirmation email complete with instructions on how to receive your order from the delivery company. Pay very close attention to these instructions upon delivery. This will mitigate any headaches and allow HFM to provide you with customer service you won't find from any other online furniture retailer should your delivery have any damage, or the appearance of any damage. Again, read these instructions. I had the opportunity to experience this first hand and both customer service, as well as the owner worked with me to solve the issue.
As for the time from order to delivery, I was extremely pleased. We ordered the dining room set on a holiday, 1/01/2015 and received it on 1/21/2015...that's fast.
we're very pleased with our purchase and pleased with HFM...they offer excellent selections, easy ordering, fast and efficient delivery and excellent customer service. They are now our Furniture Store of Choice.

2015-02-24

"Arrogant and bad customer service.

I order an office lateral file. Although the internet confirmed the order and provided an order number, I called the next day to check if it was really received since I didn't receive an E-Mail confirming the order, which is the norm for all web companies I buy from.

The service representative was arrogant from the very beginning. I told her I didn't receive a confirming E-Mail and she then asked for the order number. When I provided it, she said in an arrogant way, "I thought you told me you didn't receive an E-Mail." I said I didn't and that was why I was calling. She told me, the only way I would get an order number is if I received an E-Mail. I told her the order number was right on the internet after I hit the "order" button.

She then wouldn't give me a chance to talk and said the order was cancelled because they no longer carry that manufacturer. I told her she was very rude and acted like she knew everything and I was a fool for calling.

After I hung up, I called and asked for a supervisor who tried to be helpful. She asked me the name of the representative which I didn't have. She told me she couldn't track who had handled my call, which I have a hard time believing since all companies doing business on the Net and even in ofes via phone record all inquiries relative to an order, with time, who talk the call and notes about the call.

I asked her even if I was provided a name, it would only be a first name and how could she track a first name in such a large company. She told me their representatives are suppose to provide their first and second name when they take a call. I told the supervisor that neither were provided and even the supervisor didn't provide her last name.

The bottom line: DON"T DO BUSINESS with Home Furniture Mart.

P.S. I still have not received any notice that my order was cancelled because the item is no longer stocked and my order was placed 2/22/15."

Rep reply posted Feb-24-2015

“"Be Polite and Kind...
When people are kind, courteous, and respectful, people enjoy being around them and reciprocate with the same behavior."
Cheri J. Meiners
Customer Service people deserve respect... even though you place an order for $500.00.”

2015-01-08

"THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER TRIED TO BUY FURNITURE FROM.

I ORDER MY TABLE DEC.7TH 2014, I WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS ON BACK ODER WHICH I WAS FINE WITH. I CALLED TWO WEEKS LATER TO CHECKUP ON THE STATUS OF MY ORDER, THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE READY SOMETIME IN THE FIRST OR SECOND WEEK IN JAN. I CALLED AGAIN TWO WEEKS LATER HOPING THAT MAYBE THE ORDER HAD COME IN, BUT I STILL GOT THE SAME ANSWER "SOMETIME IN THE FIRST OR SECOND WEEK OF JAN." WHICH WAS A LITTLE FRUSTRATING NOT HAVING A SPECIFIC DATE BUT I WAS STILL WILLING TO WAIT. THEN I CALLED TODAY JAN. 8TH 2015 JUST FOR THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. JUST TO TELL ME THAT IT WILL BE ANOTHER 2-3 WEEKS. I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED. I TOLD HER THAT I HAD BEEN CALLING AND THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN VERY DISMISSIVE, AND NOT SPECIFIC ABOUT GIVING ME AN EXACT DATE. SHE SAID " WHAT DO YOU EXPECT, YOUR NOT SPECIAL" I SAID " OH REALLY WOW THAT'S HOW YOU TALK TO YOUR CUSTOMERS" AND SHE SAID "OH REALLY WOW, YES" MOCKING ME THEN HANGING UP. I CALLED BACK AND SPOKE TO MONICA A DIFFERENT REP. WHO WAS VERY UNDERSTANDING AND SAID SHE COULD NOT GIVE ME THE NAME OF THE REP I SPOKE TO PRIOR, DUE TO THE FACT THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO LEAVE THEIR NAMES IN THE COMMENT SECTION OF YOUR ORDER. SHE THEN TOLD ME THAT THE ODER HAD BEEN CANCELED. I JUST COULDN'T BELIEVE THAT THE REP I SPOKE TO PRIOR WOULD CANCEL MY ORDER LIKE THAT. SHE IS BY FAR THE RUDEST CUSTOMER SERVICES REP I HAVE EVER SPOKEN TO.

THAT TABLE WAS $476.90, THIS COMPANY OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT LIKE MONEY JUDGING BY THE OTHER COMMENTS I HAVE READ ON THIS SITE AND THE RESPONSES GIVEN. IT SEEM THAT THEY NEVER ADDRESS THE SITUATIONS OR TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THEIR FAILURE TO DELIVER ON TIME AS WELL AS THE LACK OF THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

* JUST TO ADD I DESIGN MODEL HOMES FOR SEVERAL BUILDERS AND WILL NEVER USE OR RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE. IN ALL OF THE YEARS I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE. "

2014-12-30

"Ordered 30 Nov, received 30 Dec. Ordered the Coaster Wall Unit which is advertised on HFM website as "Solid Wood and Wood Veneer". This is not true, 98% of the product is MDF and paper veneer. The only solid wood is the wooden dowels included in the hardware bags. I am very unhappy however, It's my fault for not doing more investigation on my part and I'll live with my mistake. Shipping also took longer than advertised."

2014-12-29

"I wish I would have seen these customer reviews before I fell into the trap of ordering from a place that utilizes poor business practices and I seriously cannot believe they're even in business. I think every positive review on this site is made up by the owner and staff.

Everyone in their customer service department is extremely incompetent and unwilling to help. They do not offer any assistance, they do not return calls when they say they will, they do not send emails they say they are going to, and they're never clear on the shipping date.

They claim that items ship in 1-2 weeks however I've been given 3 separate shipping dates and every time I call for a tracking number I'm told it will be futher delayed. Oh, and of course, there's never any manager available to speak with. Am I getting my product? Will it even be in good condition? They took my money the second the order was place and here I am still waiting.

I will be reporting this place to the BBB. I see on this site that all HFM responses are defensive and full of excuses no honorable businesses would ever project onto it's customers. What a sham."

2014-12-04

"Price for the product was unbelievable. Two chairs for $189.00, including delivery.

We are in NY and it was delivered from NY warehouse in 2 days.

Will recommend them to all of my friends"

2014-11-12

"My experience with Home Furniture Mart has definitely been a pleasure. They have great quality at reasonable prices. The wide range of selection is a plus. I purchased some pieces for my office and I am very happy with the way it turned out. I have already recommended this place to my friends and I will definitely shop here in the future."

2014-10-22

"This company has been such a frustration to work with! They shipped us the wrong item, have been on the phone 3x a day with them since then (two weeks ago) Always get the run-around on the phone. No clear answer, everyone says something different. Employees are impatient but make no move to fix the problem. Have been told twice we would have the tracking number for our new item, but has not happened yet. They are trying to send us used furniture from another home, after saying they made a mistake they will not correct it. So very frustrating, and a huge waste of time. To date, no resolution to their mistake, and we have only half a product with no end to this mess in sight. Save your money for a company who will do right by you!"

Rep reply posted Nov-01-2014

Home Furniture Mart, Home Furniture Mart rep has responded

“Two customers placed an orders for the same product but different color... (each order 2 boxes)
Unfortunately, delivery/freight company mixed up boxes and delivered product in different color to each consumer.
Such errors are rare, but unfortunately do occur from time to time, anybody can make mistake...
HFM immediately contacted freight company and redirected shipments.
First customer understood the situation and accepted our apologizes.
The second one left false review (see above) in addition to the rude conversation with the customer service...”

2014-09-20

"I am very pleased with my purchase, high quality dining set and fast shipment. Prices are budget-saving and you have a range of choice to choose from. Dealing with customer service was not a problem at all, they very wery polite and helpful. Enjoyed Home Furniture Mart very much, and will recommend it to everyone. "

Share Home Furniture Mart's store rating

Home Furniture Mart is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Home Furniture Mart is a merchant member
Home Furniture Mart participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,847 merchant members.