• Address: 5301 Sheila Street

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I odered on June 26 upon check out it said I would have my order in 5 days I recieved one e-mail stating 1-2 weeks it would ship out. I sent a couple e-mails that were not responded to and called twice. One call got answered and I got a very rude receptionist that said my order would ship out at the end week. That was last week and I still don't have a shipping confirmation. I received one e-mail a couple days saying the manafacturer had a large order and has prlonged shipping.I responded with some questions and still did not get a response. Three weeks out still no product and only have talked to rude people. My credit card was charged 3 weeks ago I'm almost not sure this is a scam."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-21-2014

“FALSE REVIEW!!!
1. Our store policies clearly state "Usually ships in 1-2 weeks".
2. When customer placed an order she received confirmation "Your order will be shipped in 1-2 weeks.
3. There are no pages in our store stating that "... product will be RECEIVED in 5 days".
4. Due to holidays (4th of July) order was shipped in 16 days, instead of 14.
5. Customer received Email with the Tracking Number immediately after shipping.
FALSE REVIEW!!!”

"Bought my furniture about a year ago and it's falling apart. My sofa and loveseat look horrible! Do not buy from these people. They would do nothing to fix my very cheaply made furniture."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-21-2014

Home Furniture Mart, Home Furniture Mart rep has responded

“Customer's bought this "cheaply made furniture" with the Guardsman 5-year Elite Furniture Protection Plan.
Customer should spend some time to contact Guardsman and report the problem, instead false review about retail store.”

"Every time I've tried to call and find out where my product is I get the run around and this last time when I insisted that they give me a tracking number she told me I have no common sense and that she can't give me a tracking number until the package is on the truck.

I then asked to speak to a supervisor as I became worried that I'd never see my furniture or money again and she screamed it's too late I'm refunding your money and hung up on me. In know way did I ask for a refund, I just want to know when exactly my package will arrive so I can plan for a helper to unload. I was promised 1-2 week delivery on May 8th and it's June 4th. Clearly I've been mis lead a bit and just want some answers. I don't want this to happen to any other consumers as spending large amounts of money online can be so frustrating and stressfull as it is.

This is in addition to Edwards response. I have not seen the money credited back to my account so please don't make that claim just yet. I did want to wait for the product, when I asked for a tracking number your associate kept telling me that wasn't possible and when I asked why she told me to get some common sense. I think if any consumer where to head over to the google reviews and read the REAL reviews from actual buyers they'll see this isn't the first time your company has put someone in a tough situation. I did not ask for a credit she wouldn't let me speak to her manager and just screamed that she is cancelling my order. Also Edward if you wanted to speak with me about this why haven't you returned my call I left this afternoon? Seems like you don't want to deal with the situation correctly.

modified review Rep reply posted Jun-04-2014

Home Furniture Mart, Home Furniture Mart rep has responded

“1. We are sorry customer did not receive his order as promptly as he expected. The manufacturer experienced an unusually large number of orders, which disrupted our normal delivery schedule.
2. Tracking Number can be provided only after Fright Company picks up the product.
3. Customer was notified about delay.
4. Customer did not want to wait and cancelled the order
5. Amount of $616.00 was credited to customer CC immediately.
6. It was just regular business situation.. not "frustrating and stressful"...
What's the reason for the negative review???

This is in addition to Amber www.mxamber.com response.
1. It takes 24 -48 hours before you can see the refund on your statement.
2. Again, Tracking Number can be created by the Trucking Company only after product was picked up.
3. We are very proud that for 10 years from 50,000 customers just 10-15l of them were not satisfied.
4. We are in different industry and we understand differently what "deal with the situation correctly" means...”

"Just recently ordered Parker House Writing Desk. Since the day of order delivery took about 2 weeks. Writing desk came fully assembled, free from any damages. I never bought any furniture only but my 1st experience was very positive. Thank you HomeFurnitureMart. "

modified review This review was modified by SriladakR on April 08 2014 05:05:44 PM

"I am very please with my transaction with Home Furniture Mart. I purchased some "big" pieces of furniture which had to be shipped from Calif. to Michigan in the middle of the most terrible winter we had in years. One of the pieces came and was badly damaged. After filing a damage report, I made one phone call to be told my "new" replacement would be delivered the following week... It was... in perfect condition. No hassle, no argument... "Stuff" happens---but how its dealt with --- that is the real test--- HFM passed with an A++"

modified review This review was modified by dshemanski on March 11 2014 04:14:39 PM

"I ordered a 60 wood and stone top table to arrive in 2-3 weeks. They lied, they ordered it from China when I ordered and refused to give me my money back without a penalty fee when I told them I needed the furniture in 3 weeks from the date ordered. Four months + later it arrived with the holes drilled incorrectly for the screws and a big 18" gash on the edge of the table (the apron). I filled out the paperwork and sent in with fotos and the copy of Bill of Lading delineating damage. Have not heard back despite calls and emails. I am going to contact my credit card, the BBB and the Attorney General of California to file a report....I have found reviews for the company on Yahoo; over 160 complaints just like mine and worse. NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY THEY ARE LIARS, CHEATS AND THIEVES."

modified review This review was modified by Zolowitz on February 03 2014 05:18:47 PM

"This is my first experience with Home Furniture Mart and I'm really disappointed. I purchased a dining room set and buffet on 10/25/2013 and did not receive a confirmation except for my online receipt that I saved to my computer. After 3 weeks and no word from the store of when my furniture will arrive, I called the them. They said my furniture would be delivered on 11/18/13. On 11/18/13 I again called the store and they said the furniture would arrive by 11/22/13. Once again I called the store and was told 11/26/13. Its now 11/27/13, the day before Thanksgiving and I still do not have my furniture. The most exasperating thing is there is no communication. These people have had almost $4000 of my money for over a month and have not called me once. Boo to Home Furniture Mart. "

modified review This review was modified by greenvp on November 27 2013 10:11:55 AM

"Well I gave Furntiture Mart the opportunity to make contact with me and as of yet has not. I ordered a love seat from them and according to their specs it was to be 81 inches wide. This was the reason I ordered it since it was a larger love seat and the dimensions of the sofa were too large for my room. Long story short it arrived and it was only, at the most, 66 inches wide. I tried to contact them and haven't heard back!!!"

"I'm totally annoyed. I placed my order over two weeks ago. Nothing. I go to check on it and it shows that the order has been cancelled. They never notified me. Apparently the item could only be purchased with other specified items. They never bothered to tell me that there was a problem with my order.

...In response to HFM's response. While yes, the item description did say that it required an additional purchase I did not notice that when I bought the item (There was no problem placing the order). I double-checked my email and there was no notification that there was a problem with my order. In fact the response says "Thank you and enjoy your new item." The way I found about about it was by finally calling in to figure out where the heck my order was. If they had been more friendly or helpful when I called I would not have posted such a negative review. Poor way to handle things HFM.

modified review Rep reply posted May-03-2013

Home Furniture Mart, Home Furniture Mart rep has responded

“Our site clearly notifies customers about item, which cannot be sold separately. Customer knew this information, but placed an order on April 17, 2012, Next day he received Email, stating that "This item can be purchased with the Beds, Bedroom Sets or Mattress only" and notification of cancelation. Credit Cart has never been charged.
If customer was not notified about order cancelation, how did he know that "Apparently the item could only be purchased with other specified items."
What's the reason for above false review???

According to your previous reviews, you continue to make mistakes and continue to blame on sellers. Why do not you go to college to learn how to place an order online properly???”

"I would never use this company again. I paid more for my entertainment furniture because they advertise shipping 1 to 7 days. The company took my money and sent me a notice stating my order would be shipped 7 to 14 days... Well... it turns out they have to wait for the furniture to be shipped to them and then in turn ship it out...

But wait... They don't ship it to the customer... They ship it to another company.

So... after 14 days they are just now (according to them) shipping to the second shipping company. When I called to talk to customer service I found them to be rude. OK... past rude.... They just outright laughed at me.

The shipping company they shipped it to were very kind and apologetic but there is nothing they can do until they receive the order., As soon as they received the order they then kept me informed of every step.

I placed my order 2/10 and received it today 3/28. Not exactly the fast shipping they promised.

If I had gone with the company I usually use.... I would have had it much sooner and it would have cost less... Oh... the other company.... http://www.atgstores.com/?af=1506&cid=1013_6

"Thus far, my review has to be consistent with the bad experience reviews. The order arrived with no damage on the boxes. I tried to follow the HFM policy to the letter. I opened the boxes with the delivery guy there and they furniture was falling apart. The returns department gave me hassle for not refusing the boxes, but the policy clearly states that you can only refuse damaged boxes. When I contact the company, they are responsive, but there is no effort to keep me posted on the status. I have been out my money for 5 weeks now with no armoire. If you note online they state they will "rush" a replacement to you if there is damage.. I'll update as we progress, but I would look elsewhere."

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-02-2013

“Fraudulent review!
Customer placed an order, but unfortunately it was damaged by Nationwide Delivery Company (Road Runner Transportation). Such errors are rare, but unfortunately do occur from time to time. Unfortunately shipping and delivery process is not under our control.
Customer did not want to get replacement and cancelled the order.
Full refund was issued immediately.
What’s the reason for so angry negative review???”

"Even though the product was on the backorder and shipped in two weeks after I placed an order. I was really pleased with my entire experience dealing with Home Furniture Mart. I like that they have customer service people that actually answer the phones. They were well informed on their products, and when they couldn't answer my question, they called the manufacturer, and called my back with the correct information. Would not hesitate to order from them again."

"We found exactly what we wanted and were very happy with the price and speed of delivery. Furniture was shipped from California to New York and delivered in perfect condition and easy to assemble. Great to deal with. Loved that someone answered the phone when I called with a question. Will be buying from them again!
Thanks,
Igor Lyubner

modified review This review was modified by igor lyubner on August 02 2012 10:16:02 AM

"I had a great experience with this store. I came upon the HomeFurnitureStore website and saw a huge selection of styles which were very unique. I ordered the chair for my home office. The chair is good quality. I recomended to use this store."

"Thank you for a nice, hassle free transaction. Customer service rep was patient and very helpful. Item is even better then described,great packaging and fast delivery. Don't actually like internet shopping, but if I need more "stuff" for my house will come back to HFM."

Home Furniture Mart is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Home Furniture Mart is a merchant member
Home Furniture Mart participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,877 merchant members.