• Address: 5301 Sheila Street

Product & services pricing Rating 5.94/10 5.94/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10

"This company has been such a frustration to work with! They shipped us the wrong item, have been on the phone 3x a day with them since then (two weeks ago) Always get the run-around on the phone. No clear answer, everyone says something different. Employees are impatient but make no move to fix the problem. Have been told twice we would have the tracking number for our new item, but has not happened yet. They are trying to send us used furniture from another home, after saying they made a mistake they will not correct it. So very frustrating, and a huge waste of time. To date, no resolution to their mistake, and we have only half a product with no end to this mess in sight. Save your money for a company who will do right by you!"

"I am very pleased with my purchase, high quality dining set and fast shipment. Prices are budget-saving and you have a range of choice to choose from. Dealing with customer service was not a problem at all, they very wery polite and helpful. Enjoyed Home Furniture Mart very much, and will recommend it to everyone. "

"Ordered product 8/1, and they state it will deliver in 2 weeks. called a couple times at around 2 weeks and was told it would ship in my week. called back 1 week later and told it is further delayed...finally shipped 8/27. Product arrived That Friday, almost 1 month after order.

I could have lived with that if not for the condition the product arrived in. While there were 2 small holes in the box, it looked fine. I didn't make the driver wait, as I thought that was only necessary when the box shows clear damage. We opened the box the next morning and saw some minor damage where one of the holes were...shame on us for not looking closer..again we would have fixed/dealt with that. As we opened the rest of the box, we discovered multiple walls that were cracked/bent, the back falling off the unit, a chunk broken off the base, etc. After seeing the lack of packing materials in the box (2 small pieces of styrofoam near the base, and cardboard on each corner), it no wonder the product arrived damaged.

We immediately called and left a message with the company about the issue. Of course, no response. 5 days later i finally get someone who has me fill out the damage link (on 9/4). It is now 9/17, and after 5 different calls to get a status update with NO returned messages, i finally get a response that basically says its not their problem. Of course, I will not be using this website or any of their sister websites to furnish the rest of our house.

Only good thing was the price, which is obviously from inferior products and poor packing/customer service

"Horrible customer service. Product was delivered well beyond promised date making me have to call to find out where my purchase was. They were unfriendly and gave me the runaround about where it was and who to call to find its location.

Product was damaged on delivery. I did sign for it because two boxes were dropped off curbside (where it was 90+ degrees out) and it would (and did) take an hour to strip off all the packaging before I found the damage inside. Beyond the cardboard boxes and shrink wrap, the product was also protected by an internal wood frame which gave me a false sense of security that all would be okay on the inside. I also felt it unreasonable to make the driver wait (who was already late) while I opened two giant boxes curbside. MY MISTAKE (and lesson learned). I am disappointed that this company would not even consider working out some sort of resolution to an obvious lack of performance and decision on their choice of shipping methods.

“FALSE REVIEW!
1. PRODUCT WAS DAMAGED BY CONSUMER!
2. Product was inspected in our warehouse and shipped in perfect condition.
3. Customer received product on 6.25.2014 and signed Delivery Receipt, stating “Order was received in Good Condition”.
4. On 06.28.2014 IN 3 DAYS! Customer filed damaged report, stating that boxed were “Damaged, torn, crushed, ripped”. Our policy states that damage Report must be filed within 24 hours after delivery.
5. It’s totally understandable that PRODUCT WAS DAMAGED AFTER DELIVERY. Even though it was “90+ degrees out”, he could make a note on Delivery receipt “DAMAGED”, but product was in good condition…..”

"Will never order again from this business. My order has not been completed yet."

Home Furniture Mart, Home Furniture Mart rep has responded

“We are sorry you did not receive your order as promptly as you expected. The manufacturer experienced an unusually large number of orders, which disrupted our normal delivery schedule. However, your order has been shipped on 08.18.2014.
I hope you already received it and can change your review.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this must have caused you.”

"Not only did it take 3 months to receive the furniture I ordered, the first time it was delivered it was horribly damaged so they had to re-send it. Then when they finally sent it again 3 months later, one piece has a defect in it. Holes drilled into the piece to hold a shelf up were made too big. I've talked to the company a dozen times and have written several e-mails and have been promised resolution, but so far nothing! I've had the piece 8 months and still no resolution. Now they will not return my phone calls or e-mails.
Today, I finally got a response to an email saying they sent me new shelf supports weeks ago, but I haven't received them. I'll let you know what happens.
Okay, so now they have sent shelf supports that are a little bigger but still not exactly the size to fit the holes drilled into the furniture. I am tired of dealing with them at this point. I will try to make what I have work using some wood putty or something. I think some of the people working at HFM try but all in all they have problems; delays in getting your furniture to you, problems with the furniture they deliver, and not fixing those problems in a timely and complete manor. Beware of shopping here.

“Dana,
Thank you for your "fair" review. You are "100% right"... It is "our fault" that the product we shipped was damaged in transit by trucking company...”

"I odered on June 26 upon check out it said I would have my order in 5 days I recieved one e-mail stating 1-2 weeks it would ship out. I sent a couple e-mails that were not responded to and called twice. One call got answered and I got a very rude receptionist that said my order would ship out at the end week. That was last week and I still don't have a shipping confirmation. I received one e-mail a couple days saying the manafacturer had a large order and has prlonged shipping.I responded with some questions and still did not get a response. Three weeks out still no product and only have talked to rude people. My credit card was charged 3 weeks ago I'm almost not sure this is a scam."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-21-2014

“FALSE REVIEW!!!
1. Our store policies clearly state "Usually ships in 1-2 weeks".
2. When customer placed an order she received confirmation "Your order will be shipped in 1-2 weeks.
3. There are no pages in our store stating that "... product will be RECEIVED in 5 days".
4. Due to holidays (4th of July) order was shipped in 16 days, instead of 14.
5. Customer received Email with the Tracking Number immediately after shipping.
FALSE REVIEW!!!”

"Bought my furniture about a year ago and it's falling apart. My sofa and loveseat look horrible! Do not buy from these people. They would do nothing to fix my very cheaply made furniture."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-21-2014

Home Furniture Mart, Home Furniture Mart rep has responded

“Customer's bought this "cheaply made furniture" with the Guardsman 5-year Elite Furniture Protection Plan.
Customer should spend some time to contact Guardsman and report the problem, instead false review about retail store.”

"Every time I've tried to call and find out where my product is I get the run around and this last time when I insisted that they give me a tracking number she told me I have no common sense and that she can't give me a tracking number until the package is on the truck.

I then asked to speak to a supervisor as I became worried that I'd never see my furniture or money again and she screamed it's too late I'm refunding your money and hung up on me. In know way did I ask for a refund, I just want to know when exactly my package will arrive so I can plan for a helper to unload. I was promised 1-2 week delivery on May 8th and it's June 4th. Clearly I've been mis lead a bit and just want some answers. I don't want this to happen to any other consumers as spending large amounts of money online can be so frustrating and stressfull as it is.

This is in addition to Edwards response. I have not seen the money credited back to my account so please don't make that claim just yet. I did want to wait for the product, when I asked for a tracking number your associate kept telling me that wasn't possible and when I asked why she told me to get some common sense. I think if any consumer where to head over to the google reviews and read the REAL reviews from actual buyers they'll see this isn't the first time your company has put someone in a tough situation. I did not ask for a credit she wouldn't let me speak to her manager and just screamed that she is cancelling my order. Also Edward if you wanted to speak with me about this why haven't you returned my call I left this afternoon? Seems like you don't want to deal with the situation correctly.

modified review Rep reply posted Jun-04-2014

Home Furniture Mart, Home Furniture Mart rep has responded

“1. We are sorry customer did not receive his order as promptly as he expected. The manufacturer experienced an unusually large number of orders, which disrupted our normal delivery schedule.
2. Tracking Number can be provided only after Fright Company picks up the product.
3. Customer was notified about delay.
4. Customer did not want to wait and cancelled the order
5. Amount of $616.00 was credited to customer CC immediately.
6. It was just regular business situation.. not "frustrating and stressful"...
What's the reason for the negative review???

This is in addition to Amber www.mxamber.com response.
1. It takes 24 -48 hours before you can see the refund on your statement.
2. Again, Tracking Number can be created by the Trucking Company only after product was picked up.
3. We are very proud that for 10 years from 50,000 customers just 10-15l of them were not satisfied.
4. We are in different industry and we understand differently what "deal with the situation correctly" means...”

"Just recently ordered Parker House Writing Desk. Since the day of order delivery took about 2 weeks. Writing desk came fully assembled, free from any damages. I never bought any furniture only but my 1st experience was very positive. Thank you HomeFurnitureMart. "

modified review This review was modified by SriladakR on April 08 2014 05:05:44 PM

"I am very please with my transaction with Home Furniture Mart. I purchased some "big" pieces of furniture which had to be shipped from Calif. to Michigan in the middle of the most terrible winter we had in years. One of the pieces came and was badly damaged. After filing a damage report, I made one phone call to be told my "new" replacement would be delivered the following week... It was... in perfect condition. No hassle, no argument... "Stuff" happens---but how its dealt with --- that is the real test--- HFM passed with an A++"

modified review This review was modified by dshemanski on March 11 2014 04:14:39 PM

"I ordered a 60 wood and stone top table to arrive in 2-3 weeks. They lied, they ordered it from China when I ordered and refused to give me my money back without a penalty fee when I told them I needed the furniture in 3 weeks from the date ordered. Four months + later it arrived with the holes drilled incorrectly for the screws and a big 18" gash on the edge of the table (the apron). I filled out the paperwork and sent in with fotos and the copy of Bill of Lading delineating damage. Have not heard back despite calls and emails. I am going to contact my credit card, the BBB and the Attorney General of California to file a report....I have found reviews for the company on Yahoo; over 160 complaints just like mine and worse. NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY THEY ARE LIARS, CHEATS AND THIEVES."

modified review This review was modified by Zolowitz on February 03 2014 05:18:47 PM

"This is my first experience with Home Furniture Mart and I'm really disappointed. I purchased a dining room set and buffet on 10/25/2013 and did not receive a confirmation except for my online receipt that I saved to my computer. After 3 weeks and no word from the store of when my furniture will arrive, I called the them. They said my furniture would be delivered on 11/18/13. On 11/18/13 I again called the store and they said the furniture would arrive by 11/22/13. Once again I called the store and was told 11/26/13. Its now 11/27/13, the day before Thanksgiving and I still do not have my furniture. The most exasperating thing is there is no communication. These people have had almost $4000 of my money for over a month and have not called me once. Boo to Home Furniture Mart. "

modified review This review was modified by greenvp on November 27 2013 10:11:55 AM

"Well I gave Furntiture Mart the opportunity to make contact with me and as of yet has not. I ordered a love seat from them and according to their specs it was to be 81 inches wide. This was the reason I ordered it since it was a larger love seat and the dimensions of the sofa were too large for my room. Long story short it arrived and it was only, at the most, 66 inches wide. I tried to contact them and haven't heard back!!!"

"I'm totally annoyed. I placed my order over two weeks ago. Nothing. I go to check on it and it shows that the order has been cancelled. They never notified me. Apparently the item could only be purchased with other specified items. They never bothered to tell me that there was a problem with my order.

...In response to HFM's response. While yes, the item description did say that it required an additional purchase I did not notice that when I bought the item (There was no problem placing the order). I double-checked my email and there was no notification that there was a problem with my order. In fact the response says "Thank you and enjoy your new item." The way I found about about it was by finally calling in to figure out where the heck my order was. If they had been more friendly or helpful when I called I would not have posted such a negative review. Poor way to handle things HFM.

modified review Rep reply posted May-03-2013

Home Furniture Mart, Home Furniture Mart rep has responded

“Our site clearly notifies customers about item, which cannot be sold separately. Customer knew this information, but placed an order on April 17, 2012, Next day he received Email, stating that "This item can be purchased with the Beds, Bedroom Sets or Mattress only" and notification of cancelation. Credit Cart has never been charged.
If customer was not notified about order cancelation, how did he know that "Apparently the item could only be purchased with other specified items."
What's the reason for above false review???

According to your previous reviews, you continue to make mistakes and continue to blame on sellers. Why do not you go to college to learn how to place an order online properly???”

Home Furniture Mart is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Home Furniture Mart is a merchant member
Home Furniture Mart participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,865 merchant members.