• Gourmet Cooking

Product & services pricing Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10

"I order the herb chopping scissors and was charged more than the advertized and advertized 99cents and was charged 32dollars and change called wanted to know why also including in my order the other item which I understood to be free and was told when I called no there was a charge monthly I and I asked about returning them and was told that I would get a 99 cent credit.Some how that doesn't seem right more like a scam."

This review was modified by mymoname on July 19 2015 08:57:40 AM

"So everyone else is right but I seem to be lucky. I ordered a torch on June 9 but haven't received it yet; (today is July 18) nor have I been charged for it."

This review was modified by LizBiz on July 18 2015 09:40:13 AM

"Ripped me off, too. Typical bait and switch company. Failed to send all the "free gifts" with my order, but offered to do me the favor of sending them to me for a measly additional $50 of my money...when the entire order was only $20 to begin with.

Disputing the charge. Garbage company.

"This is the worse company to do business with. They are rip-off con-artist. You're thinking you're getting cookbooks, spice rubs, and knifes. It ended up costing me over $764. Buyer beware. There's no fine print. Stick with Amazon. They will take care of you!"

"I also have been scammed by these people. I went thru the promo they sent out and ordered a few things - $1 or $2 only and ended up with over $400 worth of crap. They say I cannot get my money back and if I wish to return any of the items, they will give me a credit to use for any of the other products they have. What a pile of crap! I am very disgusted with myself because I didn't read any reviews first. Hard lessons! I'll join a class action - just let me know.
Marasett@AOL.com

"I thought I was ordering a $19.99 sealer and bags, which did not work so it was worthless. Shockingly I received an AquaChef which I thought was not worth more than 30.00 but was charged 200.00 for both the sealer and the AquaChef. In addition, they sent a digital fork meat tenderizer and pen thermometer which I thought I was not worth more than 40 but charged me 221.00, They sent me 3 cookbooks which couldn't possibly be worth more than 30.00 but charged me 54.00. They sent an ultralight camp stove which really looks like a toy and not safe enough to cook on they charged me 19.99. All these things totaled $440.00 Keep in mind, all I thought I was ordering was the sealer which did not work. When I called and asked about a refund, they were going to charge me $18.00 to return the sealer, bags and AquaChef; another $18.00 to return the fork, tenderizer and thermometer, and another $18.00 to return the campstove for which I paid $19.99. Keep in mind that I only intended to order the sealer for $20. Ordering all of the others items were in fine print. Who would have guessed anything so sinister could be in the fine print. How about a class action law suit for these people. They add things to your cart by putting it in fine print at the bottom of the page which many people would not see (like me and others who have reviewed this company)."

"Purchased a thermometer pen and when I received the package no product included."

"I ditto everyone else!! This place took one thing I ordered (over a month ago and still have NOT received) and ordered 2 memberships of something they can't explain to me at $9.95 each, plus mailed me several crock pot box seasonings and a creme brulee torch and charged my account $19.95 3 times!!! I can't cancel the items I received or get a refund and the memberships can "only be put on a 60 day hold!!!! Total rip offs! Do NOT ORDER anything from them, and DO NOT ORDER an electric pressure cooker from them either!!"

"I was just checking my credit card account when I discovered some unusual charges that did not look right. As it turns out, I purchased a book from Gourmet Cooking for about $30.00, but the real costs are well over $110.00. This company is highly unethical. They are scam artists at best. Stay away from them."

"Though I was buying a $4.00 cook book wound up with a $100.00 worth of stuff I thought was a bargain and told by customer service that it was all explained on their web site, but you would really have to be looking for it. They will get no more order from me."

This review was modified by JimDurham on January 19 2015 09:57:02 AM

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!! I have had the same experience as everyone else. Mailed everything back and cancelled my credit card to prevent further charges. (My bank informed my that credits could be processed but not charges) I have confirmation from USPS that GMO received the box 2 weeks ago but I have not received a credit nor any response to my emails. "

This review was modified by JavaGal on December 14 2014 09:48:03 AM

"Hello,
the same here. Received a mail from secretrecipes (very serious) with a offer from this sponsor. I knew that sth was going on. When I tried to place my order, I had to go through a jungle of several other offers, what I denied before finally checking out for $3.95 In the order confirmation was no price (amount), just 2 positions of 1x book and 2x shipping. As well as online account userdata (name/password) for gourmetcookingonline.com which will be charged!! I NEVER created an account like that through my order procedure. Then I called the hotline to get some more details. The lady could not tell me anything about my order. As I've told her about the userdata, she told me that the account will be automatically generated and that it is free for 30 or 60 days. Ok, creating an account without my knowledge AND for sth. they will charge me for!!!!! How serious can this seller be!!! I informed my CCprovider and my lawyer to prevent any further fraud from this one. PLEASE, STAY AWAY FROM THIS SELLER. DON'T BUY, even if it's cheap.
KM from AUSTRIA

This review was modified by kandalph on November 05 2014 04:19:53 AM

"DO NOT ORDER from this company!!! I wish so badly that I had read the reviews BEFORE I ordered a small container of BBQ rub in a cute little beer mug. Looked good, price - 4.99. Nice stocking stuffer, right? These crooks charged my card over $25.00 for this mug! Then weeks later, I get a box of useless crap that I DID NOT agree to buy. When I called the company and said "there had to have been a mistake!", I was told that I didn't read the fine print. SERIOUSLY?! Apparently, the fine print says you WILL receive (and continue receiving!) boxes of UNORDERED useless crap forever! $85.00!!! I disputed the charge, had it credited back to my card, only to find three weeks later that it had been RECHARGED! THREE TIMES!!! Plus a new charge for 55.00 that I haven't even gotten a package for! Had to cancel my card to stop it! But I am going to obtain legal advice to see if there is anything I can do to get my money back. This company has taught me a valuable lesson. Trust no company except Amazon! "

"Do not place any order with them. They are a complete ripoff. They will send you product - charge you and then continue charging you per hidden notes. They made a deal with my husband to only charge $32.00 more and leave us alone and charged us $132.95 instead. Do not buy from this scam. We are reporting them to every site and BBB we can."

This review was modified by WilliamHay on September 30 2014 11:31:14 AM

"shopgourmetcooking.com is a total scam! If you do not read the fine print you will discover that what you think is a good price is actually a nasty trick to get you hooked into expensive shipping charges and a monthly club fee.

When I figuredout what was going on I did not complete the order but quit the website and immediately called their customer service line to cancel the entire order. Thinking the problem had been resolved I did not keep an eye out for bogus charges on my credit card, to about three months go by and I notice that I have a charge for $168, $132 and a $32 shipping feethat I had not expected. The credit card company could not help me since over 30 days had gone by, the only solution was to cancel the credit card and get a new one.

Today (Sept 10) I get an email complaining that the latest charge has been declined. When I talk to a supervisor they tell me they tell me they cannot sent me the return info my email. I tell them well that is to bad, since if I don't get it by email I am not going to be resposible for a bad set of instructions. Then they begin to tell me that they have only received aprox $332 of a $740 order and that I owe the outstanding amount whereby I tell them the order had been cancelled within minutes of the original start time. They say I did not cancel soon enough, I told them bull!!!! Luckily I live in Canada, and I would love to see them in court so they can either send me electronic return instructions or live with the fact that I will not give them a penny more than I have.

This outfit is bad news from the word go, do not so much as think of buying from them you can get a better deal at your local store and at least get some honesty and support your local employers at the same time. This outfit gives every company on the Internet a bad name!

Share Gourmet Cooking Online's store rating

Gourmet Cooking Online is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gourmet Cooking Online is not a merchant member
Gourmet Cooking Online does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!