Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"I have been charged $63.33 for 4 items which cost a total of $19.96! I paid an initial amount of $5.37 in May 2014 , which I thought was a promotional, however, they have proceeded to charge me $19.37 in June and July. When I contacted their customer service, they would only offer me a credit of
$5.00 toward the last payment of $19.37 in August. I would never agree to such a purchase, and they seem to deliberately confuse the terms on their website. This is a TOTAL SCAM!

"Well, I have now learned to check reviews on companies before ordering anything on line. Should just stick with AMAZON. Web page of ;Gourment On Line; is deceptively unclear. You think you are paying 3.99 and 99 cents for items which Gourment is really going to bill you $125 for and you are signing up for on line cooking classes for 9.99 a month billed to credit card you used. 03/06-billed 4.94
04/05 billed 39.99:05/04-9.95;05/05 -39.99;05/11- 9.95 and after talking to cusomer service,I still owe 39.99 .

Well, I got a very nice phone call from customer service 05/22. Pleasant and professional and understood that web page may not be clear. However, I am pass 60 day return policy, but they are going to credit last payment of 39.99 , which makes items priced right after checking others on line. Great Citi Bank gave me two 9.99 credits to account at their expense. Gourmet On Line really needs to make trail offers clear. Will update if credit does not show.

modified review This review was modified by johnschuetze on May 22 2014 09:08:44 AM

"I recently purchased some mini-herb pots. The pricing at the order point was deceptively unclear. It turns out six mini-pots (1.5-2" each) ended up costing over $60 because they tried charging my account $10 every month. Due to the money-back guarantee, I tried to return and get a refund when I realized what was going on, but they refused to reverse the credit card charges - only said they would issue a store credit! Why on earth would I want a store credit when I do not desire to do business with a company who has such disreputable business practices as this?"

modified review This review was modified by pazcf on May 08 2014 09:22:05 AM

"When I signed up for Gourmet Cooking Online, I ordered a couple of recipe books. I never did get a receipt either online or mailed to me. The original price I saw on their site was $9.95 but I was charged over $100 for books I wouldn't even be able to use they were so poorly put together. The charges come first as a small one, then S&H then 2 more payments totaling over $100 for 3 paperbacks that are the worst I've ever seen. It seems they gave me the wrong address to to ship them back as UPS can't find them. I'd never buy anything from these folks again and would like to find out what other sites they run. Don't even go here folks, this is the worst of the worst when it comes to online or any other retailers. Scam is the only appropriate word for what they do."

"I recently purchased The Original Old West Cookbook : A Collection of Recipes in the Chuckwagon, Pioneer, and Southwest Traditions in a special offer from this outfit. In order to order the book I had to go through a maybe 10 step process of declining other products before getting to checkout. I declined everything but still received the book plus other undesired and unordered merchandise (which I was charged for), which I shipped back at my own expense. My advice is to be very careful when ordering from these people or just plain stay away from them totally."

Gourmet Cooking Online is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gourmet Cooking Online is not a merchant member
Gourmet Cooking Online does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!