Stores > goHardDrive

• goHardDrive

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Dead hard drive. This hard drive was sold as new and was not. Look at all the other bad reviews on here. Their "return policy" is a joke. From their site: "First, try contacting the manufacturer tech support before return the product to us. Manufacturer might has fastest return exchange service and policy. " Then they want you to pay return shipping, 15% restocking fee and "double box" the item. It is clear that they will then just sell the same crap to another customer.

It is likely that goharddrive.com's business model is to sell questionable hard drives as new and let you waste your time doing an RMA to the manufacturer. I am not even going to mess around with these fraudsters. Thank god for AMEX blue chargebacks.

This review was modified by patriot2015 on July 05 2015 04:45:55 PM

"Purchased a couple adapter boards via Ebay. Delayed trying them and found them incompatible with mother board 7 weeks later. Not worth paying to ship back.

GoHardDrive surprised me by not only refund my money rapidly, but told me not to ship them back. They acknowledged a compatibility issue with certain mother boards.

I give GoHardDrive an AAAAA++++++ for customer satisfaction.

This is a voluntary review and GoHardDrive has no knowledge of my posting it.

This review was modified by lambrostuff on February 11 2015 06:59:17 PM

"Ordered hdd, received quickly, very well packed but it didn't work just beeped studly. Asked for RMA. they sent me a prepaid label for return. Hey it happens. Installed the replacement & reunning great. "

"About 3 weeks ago I ordered 3 Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 3 TB hard drives to upgrade my Thecus N3200pro. I had researched this drive and it was recommended for my divice. I had found the product on newegg.com and saw that it was delivered by goHardDrive. When I read the reviews on this site, I was a bit concerned, but the reviews on newegg seemed strong enough that I ordered it from them. The drives were delivered a week later, free shipping, on the date promised. They were packed well so they wouldn't be damaged in transit. I opened them, installed them in my Thecus, configured it as a RAID 5, and transferred all of the backed up files that I wanted on this mass storage device - all without a hitch.

Excellent product
Excellent delivery from packaging to my home

This review was modified by ldeldridge on December 12 2014 06:52:33 AM

"DON'T BUY FROM THIS SCUMBAG! I knew when I received the hard drive in an envelope it was going to be a bad experience. Same old bait and switch tactics. The hard drives are USED NOT NEW! If you think you are buying a brand new shiny drive think again! The drives are USED! It had scratches all over, the screws look like they were removed and the label was lifted, and manufacture date was 3 years ago! This guy thinks since he has a bag sealer he can pass off a used drive as new. TRUST ME, I work in IT. I know a horrible seller when I see one. He has been reported to the FTC and BBB!"

This review was modified by BuyGuy7 on October 24 2014 09:02:01 PM

Purchased 2 out 2 defective hard drives 4TB white label. No phone contact. Chat is dead. Sent email requesting return label.

"Great experience! Got a new Seagate 160 GB drive for one of my dinosaur single core Dells for $22 and California tax, free shipping. Works perfect. The cheapest heart transplant this old CPU could get! And, loaded PCLinuxOS on it so it's fully functional. NO computer upgrade needed as with Windows 7 or 8 to replace XP! Much faster on my cheap satellite Net since no endless slow updates like XP. Now is the time to go Linux IMO. Plenty of apps available free.

Update: just got a second Seagate same price for my second old Dell. In a factory sealed antistatic pouch. Well packed, arrived in days. I expect only good things from this vendor. No doubt they do volume and at the price, i"m very impressed. What do you want at these prices, butt kissing velvet glove customer service by phone? I don't think so!

Remember Paypal gives you all the return/refund privileges you need. No worries.

This review was modified by ptoddf on August 20 2014 10:43:19 AM

"Am surprised at some of these negative reviews. In the spirit of fairness note the following: I ordered four, white label, 4TB enterprise level drives for my Synology NAS system. Two drives failed a month after installation and GoHarddrive replaced them very quickly (within a week). I was only out the return shipping charges. Six months later another drive went bad. This time, GoHarddrive issued me an RMA informing me they no longer had these drives in stock and didn't anticipate receiving any - They offered to refund my purchase price. Two days later I received a refund via PayPal.

Whereas the hardrive failures were disturbing, GoHarddrive did stand behind their warranty and responded in a most professional and expeditious manner. Should the opportunity again present itself, I endeavor to again do business with this firm.

This review was modified by bob.wilson on October 25 2013 03:40:25 PM

"well i got it on ebay and only way to get to them is through ebay help if call get a drop call, i email nothing, but ebay can at least earned there keep. they are helping me with this jerk off company."

This review was modified by lenny56769 on October 25 2013 10:15:30 AM

"scam alert...i purchased x2 new 320gig hdds both had a one year warrenty. both drives had burnt out spindle motors and appeared used. i sent them back, but after looking at reviews i decided to have my bank reverse the charges. i wont pay a scammer for restocking and shipping fees. NOTE 2 SELF check for bad reviews first !!!"

"I'm sorry to hear so many bad reviews. I usually don't give reviews but the service I received from goharddrive.com was excellent to say the least. I had ordered a WD250 GB drive from them through Amazon and it died about 2 months after I got it. I had not used it much but it did work fine when I first got it. I contacted support through email and quickly received a postage paid label for return. Two days after I put the package in the mail, I had a refund email from Amazon. I was just hoping for a replacement and not a refund, but I went back to their website and ordered an exact replacement at an even cheaper price than the first(Free shipping). If all goes well with this order, like the first, you can bet they have me as a customer for life. "

"I have ordered several hard drives from them over the past three years. I have never had a problem with any of the drives. I am using the raptors that i purchased from them at incredibly low prices for two years in a raid setup and they work perfectly. No one can beat their prices. I read many negative reviews but my experience has been extremely positive. Their 1000- SATA drives are excellent and the prices are half what Amazon charges. Overall a very good experience!!"

"I ordered a Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.B HDT721064SLA360 640 GB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5" Item# 160695041193 $69.95, and needed to correct the ship to address, mere minutes after the purchase, via ebay. Thermal it went. Phone on website has a do not answer this on pains of death sign on it. Same goes for their multiple email contacts. Nothing. The simplest thing. I had to do the ebay/paypal/chase shuffle. If not for the CC backing me i'd be fighting this till it all frooze over. do yourself a favor, do not consider pablo down in CA, he has far more pressing issues than deal with customers. "

"I tried to buy an external hard drive from goHardDrive webpage, I received an order confirmation email, then the next day they emailed the hard drive was out of stock and voided the transaction. I think the drive was priced to low on their webpage, I found them selling the same hard drive the same day and the next day on Ebay for $20 more and said they had a quanity available 10. I emailed customer service but got no reply. Probably lucky the transaction did not go thru after reading the reviews about them here."

"WOULDN'T ORDER FROM THEM Go To wal-mart I installed my hard drive as soon as it arrived only to find it work for 3 mos. Got another from them last 1 Mo. I tried to call them for several days but there was never any answer. I tried one last time and got a voice mail but no body ever contacted me. I went online and filled out a RMA for the hard drives. I returned it for replacement at my cost. They received the drive. Never received the new drive or contacted me no reply, I wish I would have seen this reveiws. "

Share goHardDrive's store rating

goHardDrive is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

goHardDrive is not a merchant member
goHardDrive does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!