Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"DON'T BUY FROM THIS SCUMBAG! I knew when I received the hard drive in an envelope it was going to be a bad experience. Same old bait and switch tactics. The hard drives are USED NOT NEW! If you think you are buying a brand new shiny drive think again! The drives are USED! It had scratches all over, the screws look like they were removed and the label was lifted, and manufacture date was 3 years ago! This guy thinks since he has a bag sealer he can pass off a used drive as new. TRUST ME, I work in IT. I know a horrible seller when I see one. He has been reported to the FTC and BBB!"

modified review This review was modified by BuyGuy7 on October 24 2014 09:02:01 PM

"Disaster,
Purchased 2 out 2 defective hard drives 4TB white label. No phone contact. Chat is dead. Sent email requesting return label.

"Great experience! Got a new Seagate 160 GB drive for one of my dinosaur single core Dells for $22 and California tax, free shipping. Works perfect. The cheapest heart transplant this old CPU could get! And, loaded PCLinuxOS on it so it's fully functional. NO computer upgrade needed as with Windows 7 or 8 to replace XP! Much faster on my cheap satellite Net since no endless slow updates like XP. Now is the time to go Linux IMO. Plenty of apps available free.

Update: just got a second Seagate same price for my second old Dell. In a factory sealed antistatic pouch. Well packed, arrived in days. I expect only good things from this vendor. No doubt they do volume and at the price, i"m very impressed. What do you want at these prices, butt kissing velvet glove customer service by phone? I don't think so!

Remember Paypal gives you all the return/refund privileges you need. No worries.

modified review This review was modified by ptoddf on August 20 2014 10:43:19 AM

"Am surprised at some of these negative reviews. In the spirit of fairness note the following: I ordered four, white label, 4TB enterprise level drives for my Synology NAS system. Two drives failed a month after installation and GoHarddrive replaced them very quickly (within a week). I was only out the return shipping charges. Six months later another drive went bad. This time, GoHarddrive issued me an RMA informing me they no longer had these drives in stock and didn't anticipate receiving any - They offered to refund my purchase price. Two days later I received a refund via PayPal.

Whereas the hardrive failures were disturbing, GoHarddrive did stand behind their warranty and responded in a most professional and expeditious manner. Should the opportunity again present itself, I endeavor to again do business with this firm.

modified review This review was modified by bob.wilson on October 25 2013 03:40:25 PM

"well i got it on ebay and only way to get to them is through ebay help if call get a drop call, i email nothing, but ebay can at least earned there keep. they are helping me with this jerk off company."

modified review This review was modified by lenny56769 on October 25 2013 10:15:30 AM

"scam alert...i purchased x2 new 320gig hdds both had a one year warrenty. both drives had burnt out spindle motors and appeared used. i sent them back, but after looking at reviews i decided to have my bank reverse the charges. i wont pay a scammer for restocking and shipping fees. NOTE 2 SELF check for bad reviews first !!!"

"I'm sorry to hear so many bad reviews. I usually don't give reviews but the service I received from goharddrive.com was excellent to say the least. I had ordered a WD250 GB drive from them through Amazon and it died about 2 months after I got it. I had not used it much but it did work fine when I first got it. I contacted support through email and quickly received a postage paid label for return. Two days after I put the package in the mail, I had a refund email from Amazon. I was just hoping for a replacement and not a refund, but I went back to their website and ordered an exact replacement at an even cheaper price than the first(Free shipping). If all goes well with this order, like the first, you can bet they have me as a customer for life. "

"I have ordered several hard drives from them over the past three years. I have never had a problem with any of the drives. I am using the raptors that i purchased from them at incredibly low prices for two years in a raid setup and they work perfectly. No one can beat their prices. I read many negative reviews but my experience has been extremely positive. Their 1000- SATA drives are excellent and the prices are half what Amazon charges. Overall a very good experience!!"

"I ordered a Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.B HDT721064SLA360 640 GB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5" Item# 160695041193 $69.95, and needed to correct the ship to address, mere minutes after the purchase, via ebay. Thermal it went. Phone on website has a do not answer this on pains of death sign on it. Same goes for their multiple email contacts. Nothing. The simplest thing. I had to do the ebay/paypal/chase shuffle. If not for the CC backing me i'd be fighting this till it all frooze over. do yourself a favor, do not consider pablo down in CA, he has far more pressing issues than deal with customers. "

"I tried to buy an external hard drive from goHardDrive webpage, I received an order confirmation email, then the next day they emailed the hard drive was out of stock and voided the transaction. I think the drive was priced to low on their webpage, I found them selling the same hard drive the same day and the next day on Ebay for $20 more and said they had a quanity available 10. I emailed customer service but got no reply. Probably lucky the transaction did not go thru after reading the reviews about them here."

"WOULDN'T ORDER FROM THEM Go To wal-mart I installed my hard drive as soon as it arrived only to find it work for 3 mos. Got another from them last 1 Mo. I tried to call them for several days but there was never any answer. I tried one last time and got a voice mail but no body ever contacted me. I went online and filled out a RMA for the hard drives. I returned it for replacement at my cost. They received the drive. Never received the new drive or contacted me no reply, I wish I would have seen this reveiws. "

"Paid for a 2TB drive and it was delivered within a reasonable time frame. Immediately installed the drive and found it was defective. Tried to contact the folks by phone without success. For three days, the phone would ring 30, 40 50 times without anyone picking it up. I emailed them for a RMA and was issued a number. I boxed the drive and went to post office for shipment; insured the box to be certain of its' delivery. 16 days, 7 emails, countless telephone calls later i've got nothing for my effort. I am not a happy camper and will never use this company again!"

modified review This review was modified by pac7fuj on March 11 2011 01:54:28 PM

"I ordered a 160 gb mini external drive. I wanted it shipped to my mother's house. The website states that if I'm shipping to an address other than my billing address I need to fill out and fax back a credit card authorization form. I'm OK with security but I had a problem with the information they wanted on the form and I don't have a fax machine so it's kind of inconvenient. The credit card form asked for both sides of my credit card scanned as well as my drivers license. I'm not really cool with that. So, I decided that I'll just cancel. In order to cancel "I must call them" @ a phone number that provides nothing other than a ring until it goes dead. Apparently that's not abnormal after reading some of the reviews on this site. I called several times throughout the day today and finally decided to send them another email at a different address. This time they did respond promptly but the grammar.... hmmm the grammar...

Dear Dennis,
Thank you for contacting us and we apologize that we missed your called.(THEY MISSED MY CALLED)
Our phone line was keep ringing(MAN, I HATE WHEN MY PHONE LINE WAS KEEP RINGING) since the morning and we only have 1 line in service.
We are unable to pick up other calls if we are on the line, and we apologize for any inconvenient.(IT WAS INCONVENIENT BUT IT WAS NOT ANY INCONVENIENT)
You don’t have to fill up the credit card authorization form for your order.(I WASN'T GOING TO FILL IT UP, I WAS GOING TO FILL IT OUT... NOW YOU TELL ME)
Please let us know if you still want to cancel it.
...WOW! Really? C'mon you guys. Of course I'm going to cancel now. You just gave me the final reason not to order from you.
Sorry.
They also responded with a prompt email regarding my cancellation as I wrote this review. If only the order went as smooth as the cancellation.

modified review This review was modified by dbixweb on December 20 2010 02:26:00 PM

"WOULDN'T ORDER FROM THEM! I installed my hard drive as soon as it arrived only to find it was defective. Completely dead! I tried to call them for several days but there was never any answer. I tried one last time and got a voice mail but no body ever contacted me. I went online and filled out a RMA only to find out I have to pay the $9 to return the hard drive. I would understand paying the shipping if the drive had worked for a while and then stopped but for them to send me a defective drive and expect me to pay to return it is bad business. I had no choice I returned it for replacement at my cost. They received the drive on a Friday. Never received the new drive or contacted me so I e-mailed them after 11 days asking the status. They said they refunded me the money 7 days earlier. No phone call or e-mail notifying me of this while I wait to get my computer back up and running. I never told them to refund me I asked for a replacement. Bottom line, based on their e-mails to me they could care less if they get your business or not. Never even responded to my last e-mail asking why they didn't replace the drive."

"I sent an email to customer support:
>>Yes, I understand. My comments are regarding
1) Not updating the site to reflect the tracking until I send an email. This should have been updated after it was packaged and sent.
2) Not answering the phone. You have a phone # on your site that nobody answers and it does not go to voice mail. >The phone is busy with many customer call in.
If you are not satisfy with our service, you can purchase product from other website in the future.>Yes, with service and responses like that, be sure that I will.

modified review This review was modified by investor5555 on December 03 2010 02:24:50 PM

goHardDrive is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

goHardDrive is not a merchant member
goHardDrive does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!