"These guys sale junk. Dont buy it. I purchased a PC from them and on arrival the clock speed for mine was off. I bought it as a Athlon XP 1800 which is supposed to run at 1.53gig. Never did. Sent back the motherboard and they sent a new one to me. Same problem only now it comes on, but now doesnt even boot up. Sent two more boards back to them and believe me the shipping was on me of course. Well got the new board and a new chip in and got a professional to do the install for me, thinking it was me that was doing something wrong. Guess what! It powered up for about 1 minute! The power supply fried the motherboard and then the power supply fried itself. Well they told me to send back the power supply cause it was under warranty for a year. They said to send the fried one back, and this time they would send me a FedEx voucher where the shipping would be on them this time. Its been along time now at least 4 months and still no voucher. I gave up on these people. Like I said do not buy this junk from these people!

"These guys suck!!!!!! They had a great deal but it fell apart. Sent in my computer to have it fixed under warranty. They said they were sending it back in July but I still don't have it!!! "

"They never refunded my money, I was a victim of fraud and had my attorney preparing a final demand for payment and was planning on notifying the us attorneys office.
They also are only preparing to file bankruptcy. I checked they have not filed.
I checked thru the US Govt court records "pacer system" using a search for all US bankruptcys filings.
No bankrupcy has been entered as of aug 16 2003

"Worst customer service ever. Bought three PCs from them thru eBay. They took my money and never shipped. Their eBay account has since been suspended. They don't answer their phones or return emails."

"ezbpc is now in bankruptcy, I bought a system through ebay from them its was not working, sent it back,and they replaced it(supposedly) now its still broken..but cannot do anything since they are now insolvent..see thier webpage for more info..

"EZBPC IS OUT OF BUSINESS! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! I ordered a new system, they charged me, been 21 days now and nothing. They have been suspended from eBay, will not return mails or answer calls. Hopefully someone will read this before buying anything from them. Very bad experience-
M

"Just another note to everyone. We shouldn't quit using the internet to purchase products, damn techies that we are, but we do have other solutions. For those of you intel fans, you can get a Soyo P4X400 Dragon Lite board for 70 bucks even and a Intel 2.4Gzh celeron processor for 80 even from http://www.knowledgemicro.com. EZBPC probably used a powmax power supply and them thangs go for 15 all day long on ebay. And if you must have a case I personally recommend the Jupiter from http://www.electroseller.com. Its my second case from them, i ordered last friday and got it yesterday. It comes with two fans and is well packed. Its what we all should have done to begin with, but like most of you, we see the processor and with everything else the processor by itself is worth what ezbpc was trying to do. ON another note, call ya bank, stop ya card have them do it as UNAUTHORIZED and please please make sure you tell your customer service about this forum and all the problems that everyone else is having becuz i can say that my bank is totally sympathetic and they want to help me end this nightmare.

modified review This review was modified by dymesinc on July 25 2003 11:59:07 AM

"Very poor company, I paid for computer on july 3rd, I have yet to receive it. Its now july 24th, They dont answer emails or phone calls, Definatly looks like scam, Called up bank to report card fraud, do not buy from these guys."

"This was the 4th EZBPC Box I have ordered and received... 1st one September, 2002
I have nothing but praise for these people... they have always answered my email and bent over backwards to take care of things... I have never had any problems installing Windows XP on any of their boxes and this last one probably tells the tale more than any... an ASRock K266 MB and AMD 2000+ CPU each sell for $67.00 shipped from NewEgg... their BareBones with these two items PLUS a 400W PSU/Box&Case Fan was $114.00 shipped!Very sorry to see they are having problems... I was ready to order number 5... eBay user ljpbb

"As you can see I ordered this on July 4th. I also received an "invoice" showing it was shipping on July 17th. I will write this one off and try to get my money back through square trade or Visa. Suddenly, EZBPC had numerous negative feedbacks recently posted. I think they took off. I have submitted a complaint with the CA Attorney General and the CA BBB. I suggest you guys do the same."

modified review This review was modified by megalug on July 22 2003 02:17:37 PM

"I bought this off of eBay it's item# 2728760744 user name Kcpizzapete. I'm very displeased about the problems with I've had with shipping and everything else. Fist time I got it I was VERY pleased to even have it in my hands. But we do the TEST to see if it works according to what they said you should do before anything else.

Then I try to install Windows XP Professional. And it starts saying that it can't copy a file to the hard drive. So I try to force copy by pressing enter and we skip a few files just because it wouldn't copy the files or would restart with you touch anything during the copying of the files.

So we ask them to send us a RMA # and they do and we send it back paying for shipping of the Motherboard/CPU/Heat-sink while holding onto the rest of the barebones. After about 5 days or some where around that I get it back VIA FedEx 2nd Day Box.

And like all the other people I guess I'm the 3rd person, I come downstairs to put it all together FINALLY but here's what happened. 1. The Heat-sink was abnormally installed to it so during the shipping it bounced everywhere bent some of the parts on the motherboard and what hurt me the most because I thought I could just get a motherboard replacement the center chip on the CPU had broken part on it, it would be enough to make me cry because of all the wait time.

I don't know how much to of my patience I can undergo without going mad with not having a computer and all. I'm very close to calling them and asking to talk to a manager to get them to ship it to them selfs and give me a FULL refund because of all the problems and I don't want to even pay a restocking fee because I personally think were getting there crap and the other people are getting the good stuff.

Do they not have that many Technicians working for them the they don't even check whats wrong and end up not putting the heat-sink in right? Are these guys just scamming us or what? Is it just me or is it them I've been nice all the way up to now. And I want everybody to know to NOT buy from these people you could be the next person to get junk parts and waste your time shipping it back on forth back and forth. I'll play along for 2 more times and if they don't satisfy me.

I'm going to have to have them ship it to them selfs and then give me a FULL refund without having to pay for a restocking fee because it's junk anyways. And both of there sites are messed up from there main site to there tech support site. When I clicked on the tech site for motherboard Bios settings that motherboard didn't even look like mine. Think before you buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I have purchased 4 Barebone systems from EZBPC over the last 3 months. Systems continue to get better and for less money. I am very pleased with there ability to provide these systems for a price that is less than the cost of a prossessor. I only had one USB port wire that was bad and the quickly sent a replacement. I will continue buying from them and passing the savings on to others."

"Ordered a barebones PC from them on EBay (mobo/case/heatsink/CPU/PSU). Came in in a decent amount of time, but I heard something rattling around in the box before I could open it. Turned out the heatsink fell off in transit and was free to run amok all over the mobo during the week it took to get here. In short, a VERY irresponsible packing job. I haven't tested it yet, because I now have to get some thermal grease somewhere first so I can put the heatsink back on. But working or not, this is a crappy enough situation for me to say think very very VERY hard before you order from this McDonald's fast-PC assembly line shop. In the 8 years that I've been ordering computer gear online, I've never ever, ever had this happen with another company. EVER."

"Very Positive experience. Extra shipping was woth the Value bare-bones system!!! It came in a very sturdy, padded box!! The machine is working well, price could not be beat. Thank you"

"I will be suggesting this company to everybody that I talk to. I am very happy with the products they sell. Very good quality and detailed info about what you are getting. Well put together and packaged for shipping. Shipping did seem a bit high but I really don't care because everything else is perfect. With their excellent prices, their bare-bones PC's couldn't be a better deal."

ezbpc is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ezbpc is not a merchant member
ezbpc does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!