Stores > Expansys-UK

• Phone: 0845 467 7000
    • Customer Support: 0330 808 0479
    • Business Hours: 9am-5pm
    • Fax: 0161 868 0306

"In December while looking for a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, I found Expansys through a price comparison site, and then found a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 on the “nearly new” section of their website. I checked all the details; the item was listed as perfect condition with all accessories but with minor damage to packaging. I ordered the item, along with a Samsung 32GB memory card, and received order confirmation stating the order was received, with confirmation that money would only be taken when the items were shipped.

Within 2 days I received an email confirmation that the complete order had been shipped, listing all items, including the Tab S2. I checked my bank and saw the full order value had been debited from my account. I tracked the order, and due to a failed delivery attempt, went to the Parcel Force depot to collect. You can imagine my surprise therefore that when I arrived they showed me a small polythene bag (marked item 1 of 1) that could not physically contain the Samsung Tab S2 9.7. We then weighed the parcel at the depot, and it registered 46g! So even if the tablet was placed into a blender and the parts poured into the bag, it would weigh ten times that!

I did not accept the order, and it was kept by Parcel Force for return to sender. I promptly called Expansys to ask why they had a) informed me that they had shipped the entire order, when in fact they hadn’t, and b) why they had taken the money from my account against the agreement when the item had not been shipped. The lady on the phone couldn’t answer my question, only told me the items had been shipped. I asked to speak to a manager and this was refused. I asked to speak to the UK office, to which she advised this wasn’t possible.

I requested an immediate return of all funds, or immediate shipment of the full order, and a call back from a manager to explain their solution. She assured me this would happen the following morning. Naturally, this didn’t happen, so I called again. I eventually spoke to someone claiming to be a manager, who advised they had instructed Parcel Force to return the item and would have a resolution for me the following day. The following day there was no resolution, they just stated it was escalated to the dispatch team and they would investigate my case. After this I called daily, only to be repeatedly told that they will investigate my case. I even sent emails with photographic evidence of the shipment at the depot on the weighing scale.

I pointed out there is no investigation needed; they failed to ship the entire order, the order was returned to Expansys and received (tracked back to them), yet they have kept my money.
I have searched the internet, and there is no telephone number for their UK office anywhere. All the UK (+44) numbers divert to Bulgaria. I have never written any review of a company or service on the internet before, this is the first time I have been treated so badly that I felt compelled to post this. Avoid Expansy, they fraudulently took my money, and have not returned it, even with supporting evidence.

In contrast, I ordered a new wetsuit last week from an online retailer which was a poor fit, I sent this back by special delivery, it was delivered the following day, and the same day the money was refunded. The poor service I have received from Expanys is inexcusable.

"What happened these guys? Seems they went the way of DABS. Sold me a faulty item then after waiting 12 days for support to reply, they tell me that their items only have a 6 month warranty. When I pointed out that the sale of goods act states that I am entitled to a refund, repair or a replacement, they went quiet. Now they won't reply at all, when I call they hang up immediately.

I've spent thousands of pounds with these guys over the years and now they've ensured that I never spend a penny with them again. All because they want to break the law over a 40 pound item. Dirt bags.

"Awful customer service, had faulty phone sent back for repair three times. Told I was entitled to refund after three returns for repair but lied to and mislead all the way. They just hope you give up, well I have! never buy from this company"

"Ordered some phone cases in early September because they were showing "in stock". Order confirmation indicated 10 days as they were not in stock. Called after three weeks to be told that they were on back order and would be despatched on the 1st October. Current status on the 8th October shows "expected in 6 days". It is highly unlikely that the phone cases were actually in stock and between my order placement and processing that they were sold as the phone they were for was not widely sold in the UK. Notwithstanding this the continual slippage shows that the company doesn't really have a clue about inventory management and even less about customer service considering that the manufacturer can deliver ex-stock."

"Purchased refurbished iPhone 5c with 12 month warranty. Fell apart after 3 months. Sent for repair. Now been over a month with no sign of phone - customer support abrupt and disinterested. Don't bother."

"I ordered two Samsung S5, one white and one black. The white one was ok but the black one had the seal broken. They had sent me a second hand phone, it was another week and half by the time I got a replacement. The replacement had no UK plug and had Romanian language as default. It would have been better if I had just gone to a local shop or Samsung and purchased it from them."

"I am still waiting for parts of my order to be shipped 1 month later! I do not know if it will be delivered one day. You have to know that some items might be VERY DELAYED!"

"I would recommend that this company is avoided. I bout an iphone 5c and after a year the phone has started flickers. I was told it was still under cover by expansy and I could send it back for repair which can take up to 30 days but not usually. I sent my phone away for repair on the 14th May and to date there is no update on the repair even after numerous requsts by email. I have also made numerous calls to the UK to try get an update but to no avail. I receive a standard non useful reply that they have requested an update which is never provided. What kind of company does not even answer their own customer service manager. There is no way to contact the department by phone even for the customer service manager. The is apparently no one higher then the customer service manager that I can escalate this issue to. So basically there is nothing what so ever that I can do only wait for a returns department to actually bother to finally decide to provide an update. I have also asked for a refund again to be told they need an update from the returns department before they can issue one. So I just go round in circles which is unbelievably exhausting. DO MY PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY"

"Ordered a Drobo 5D from this company on the 5th of May 2015. On the 7th of June it developed a fault and I contacted Expansys to report it and looking for a solution. I was told that because it was over 30 days since the purchase they wouldn't do anything to resolve the issue. I told them that surely 33 days was close enough and requested that this matter should be escalated.
This morning (16th June) I received an email stating that:-
'We have asked our superiors about your matter. We are sorry to inform you that they are not willing to make an exception for a return request for refund or replacement. We can accept your item for a repair.'

Well, this purchase was a personal one but Expansys are unaware that professionally we have used this company quite frequently but obviously no more.

I have since come across their shipping email dated the 7th May 2015 which implies that I wouldn't have received the goods until the earliest the 8th May therefore the fault materialised within their stringent 30 day limit.
Displays how much investigation is carried out before this company responds with their inane comment.

"Truly awful customer service. I needed to return an item - a cover that did not fit the phone it was supposed to fit. It was ordered from the Alcatel accessory shop, turned out to be a tentacle of Expansys. The customer service department appears to be Orange in South Africa. I wrote to the CEO and someone phoned me and left a message. I rang the number back and got another company who seemed never to have heard of Expansys. I did eventually get a refund but dealing with these various companies was truly awful."

"It took 5 months to get my refund. I ordered a phone from this company. There was no problems with delivery. The phone became faulty (charger dock fell out) and the shop they told me to take to could not repair it. I sent it back to expansys as they requested and they could not fix it either. They offered me a few options and i asked for the refund (because it took so long i got a new phone elsewhere anyway). From sending the phone back to offering a refund, it took roughly 2 months. They claimed and fought with me that they had given me a refund but there was no money from them in my account. They then realised that i actually hadn't received my refund and sent the request off to the correct department and once again i was told i would receive my refund. This happened 4 times. They asked for my bank account details 6 times. I have a trail of around 50 emails between myself and expansys. After lots of arguing, emails and calls they issued my refund 5 month later. This company is a disgrace."

"Fast enough delivery, received in 5 days after placing order, good quality, will come again as low prices."

"Glacially slow delivery; will only order from this firm again if the delivery is promised to be significantly faster."

"Fantastic service and product purchased worked very nicely.
Will recommend to friends.

"Faultless, order, confirmed, delivered, and at a good price."

Share Expansys-UK's store rating

Expansys-UK is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Expansys-UK is not a merchant member
Expansys-UK does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!