• Address: Netowrk House, Third Avenue, Globe Park

Product & services pricing Rating 6.79/10 6.79/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.93/10 3.93/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"I have had the most stressful experience dealing with Expansys. I was sold a faulty Nexus tablet, and returned it with the accompanying skin within 1 week and have had many months of trying to get a refund. Eventually, I sought advice and wrote to them quoting the Sale of Goods Act 1979 they eventually refunded the tablet but refused to refund me for the skin saying it was not in "pristine" condition - despite me having used the tablet only once in that week!! Their correspondence was rude and there were a number of calls they did not return. I have written to Watchdog about this company and intend to share my experience with as many people as possible. Don't go near this company!"

"I bought the Nexus 10 32Gb and sadly a month after my purchase, I had some issue with the device. Neither Google or Samsung manage to solve the issue so I sent it back to Expansys for replacement.

This was a really good deal until now, as they can't replace the device because it has been discontinued... Now I need to spend at least £70 more to get the same tablet and I'm quite unhappy as this deal is not good anymore ...

Moreover I bought multiple accessories for this tablet, and some cannot be fitted on other device (like the pogo charger for example). 16Gb is available but I choose the 32Gb because of the lack of SD card slot ...

To conclude I'm really disappointed with the customer service, I've been waiting 2 weeks to hear that they cannot replace the device.

"Ordered by Next Day delivery on Friday. Rather than guaranteeing on Monday, e-mail sent on Monday asking for proof of my address via a Utility bill - which obviously wouldn't work if being delivered to work (where I'm at during the day) or a post box (where bills don't get sent to).

As I needed the item next day, this was useless and I promptly cancelled my order and instructed my card company not to allow the payment through. It's worth paying more elsewhere to avoid this level of questionable service.

"I bought LG Flex smartphone, it arrived 2 days later,when I got this I noticed some foreign sticker, I have contacted to LG UK regarding warranty and register etc.
LG rep told me this handset not a UK smartphone and he insist this is Czech Republic specs and warranty only covers for that country!! contacted to Expansys told them about this and they accept to return, I have send it back with my own expenses and they have received 04/04/2014 and still no refund has been issues !!!
contacted to Expansys several times regarding the refund answer I keep getting was it will take up to 30 days for refunds !! shocking !! in the end I have opened dispute via pay-pal and hoping to get my money
no more business with this shady company

"Fantastic service, will definitely be shopping with them again."

"Expansys has been my main site for phones for several years. Their selection is good, prices are competitive, and shipping is usually timely.

My latest order with them swas slightly disappointing, since the item I wanted was showing as available in 3 days, but took a bit longer. Possibly due to the Christmas rush, and I will shop there again in the future.

"I ordered an item (folio for ipad min) in The Netherlands. Two days later I had to cancel it and I contacted Expansys by mail. Cancelling was not possible and they promised to send a return form. When the ordered item arrived, I send it back unopened, immediately and with the form to an address in England. Until now I have not received a refund. Tried to contact the Dutch and the English branch, but no answer. No reply by mail, no answer by phone. 'Busy' says the phone.
This is bad service. The sales works, but after sales is very bad. Expansys appears to be spooky and I cannot recommend it to others.

"Working in the mobile industry Expansys is one the companies that myself and my colleagues would normally turn to. In the past my experience has been good but I have always bought stock items.

This time I back-ordered an item which was not in stock. Expansys then sent me an email with a link to reconfirm order. I clicked on link and it showed an item awaiting confirmation and delivery 3 days - BUT no clear way to confirm. If you clicked on item it took you to order page to place a new one in your basket . I emailed customer service with the order number to confirm it and they replied with a curt response saying "to ship the order please confirm the actual order" but no explanation how. So I then called customer service who told me the 3 days shown on the link they sent me was wrong and earliest was a further 21 days . At this stage I cancelled the order . Customer service didn't even apologise. I will think twice of using them again

"Bought two items and received in good time but one item was incorrect. Reported to customer services and had to email photographic evidence of the wrong item and had to call back a week later after no response, only to be told that it has now been escalated to a manager.

No response and it has been almost a month.

Fortunately, the item was less that £10 but they sent me an item that was over that. Cannot understand how such a simple swap can be so difficult. Sick of dealing with the vendor and have now listed the wrong item on Amazon Marketplace. I shall be making a small profit and be able to replace my item from a more reputable vendor.

Good if you don't expect any hitches on your order, but who can ever guarantee that?

So... thanks eXpansys?

"Ordered a Google Nexus 10 from Expansys at 18.20 on Friday evening in response to an offer received via Expansys newsletter. The price was absolutely brilliant - £245 inc vat and free shipping. The item was delivered on the Monday and I'm very happy with it. So, all good!"

"I'm surprised at the negative comments about poor service.
My last order was for two times Samsung Galaxy S4.
I ordered on-line, checking the items were in stock and received the items the following morning. The phones were European spec (which I was aware of) so included EU power adaptors in the sealed Samsung boxes but the shipment included UK power adaptors.
Everything worked out of the box, no problems.
Only odd thing is the power adaptors and USB cables in the sealed Samsung boxes are white even though I ordered black phones, but this is a Samsung issue nothing to do with Expansys.
I have previously ordered two times Apple iPhone 5c plus a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini again next day delivery and everything worked out of the box.
Everything I have ordered from Expansys has come with a Europe wide manufacturer warranty.
In terms of cost of handsets the only cheaper supply is through Chinese import and the warranty is only supported by the importer and not the manufacturer.

"Ordered my NEXUS 4 (was informed that stock would be in, in 8 days ) although this 'expected date' went up and up in the following days! Got my phone after 14 days only to find that the ear-piece didn't work ( not expansys fault but the main function of a phone...right)
Sent back with all packaging as asked then had to wait 6 days whilst technicians at expansys confirmed the fault. Long time but fair enough. My real problem is that I was then told that I could not have my phone replaced by a similar Nexus 4 (16 Gb) as mine was a euro speck phone and the ones the expansys now had in stock were UK speck. I was completely unaware on buying of this speck (and believe me I checked the small-print)
EXPANSYS NOT ONCE IN THE LAST MONTH have YOU contacted ME. (No phone call or even E-mail)
I know I will get the usual copy and paste... (I have read your reviews) 'We are very disappointed with your expansys experience....'
I know there was a price difference in the 2 phones ( which I could have been persuaded to negotiate) but I have simply been offered a refund after buying a case £17.00, paying for returned recorded derive ry.£8.45 and all the unused credit lying on my new PAYGO SIM card here at my house.
Have incredibly been asked to call back next week..in 5 days, whilst expansys stock of this google phone (as online) dwindles away every day! I wonder, by next week if I will be told that the phone is now no longer in stock!

£204, 1 month, 10 calls ( from me, zero from you!) email ( including proof of my expenses) , no mobile, = ( In Expansys jargon) VERY, VERY POOR SERVICE!

Sorry readers for rattling- on abit... But this company have to give future customers more consideration and you should be made aware of what COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!

I INTEND TO KEEP YOU INFORMED......WATCH THIS SPACE,!

Chris. Uk customer.

UPDATE...UPDATE.

Over 5 weeks now and have just received a refund. Do not send back faulty goods via PO. As you will end up paying, use the courier service even though it's a pain if you have a full time job or just don't like staying in waiting all day for them to turn up.
Service desk are polite but cannot do anything without managers say so , unfortunately these managers are never, and I mean never available!
I've notice the majority of 5 Star feedback is for the cheaper items (phone case type stuff) So if your buying this type of stuff Expansys seem fine. However I really would recommend going elsewhere for high end merchandise. I have NO TRUST IN THIS COMPANY.
TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THE CHART GRAPH AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE (on the right) About a Half OF IT SHOWS ONLY 1 OR 2 STARS! THIS IS BAD NEWS, WOULD -BE CUSTOMERS!
This is MY 1st AND LAST EXPANSYS REVIEW !
IF YOU READ THIS AND STILL DECIDE TO BUY...........GOOD LUCK!!
Chris (UK EX-CUSTOMER)

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-19-2013

“Hi Chris,
Thank you for your feedback, we are disappointed to hear your troubles with the delivery times and are disappointed to hear about the faulty ear-piece. We are also sorry about the lack of communication. I would like to reassure you that this will not happen again and that here at Expansys we strive to provide our customers with excellent service. We hope you will continue to shop with us even after what has happened. Thanks”

"After buying and paying with Paypal I received an email asking for address proof copy of Id or passport copy of salary and copy of cable,tel,or electric bill, if I did this in every site
the risk would be tremendous.Avoid buying with Expansys because
most probably you personal data would be on the line...
The order was obviously cancelled and now 7 days wait for refund.

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-04-2013

ExpansysUK1, Expansys-UK rep has responded

“Hi, thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately we ask further information to customers paying with PayPal because it's up to the merchant and merchant only in case of litigate to bring up the proof that the customer did order from him. For the same reason that delivery mode for PayPal should always be a tracked one. Theses processes are validated by PayPal even if they don't promote them, this is quite the same thing with credit card: risks are for the merchant. We apologise if this didn't suit you but we hope that you will continue to shop with us.”

"As a business customer I have to strongly recommend that you do not use Expansys, it's bad enough that people are not receiving gifts on time but when it's business critical items it's completely unacceptable that Expansys continually fob you off with empty promises of call backs and delivery dates.
I ordered a Samsung Galaxy 3 mini on the 28th August, paid extra for next day delivery and purchased a case at the same time. Next day the case arrived.... When I called to find out where the phone was there was massive confusion as they didn't know where it was themselves. Here's my list of excuses as to why I STILL have no phone 12 days later..

1. It's been shipped
2. It was supposed to go with City Link but instead TNT took it
3. We think it might have been stolen
4. It wasn't shipped, even though it's marked as shipped
5. It's not in stock but will be by Monday so you'll have it Tuesday
6. It came in too late on Monday to ship it, you'll have it Wednesday
7. It's not in stock, but it will be this week, you'll have it next Monday
8. (today) I need to speak to a colleague, we'll call you back

If I get no satisfactory response today I will cancel the order and our business account. Rest assured there will be no recommendations or service praise here. I'm suprised they have any business at all.

"I ordered a BlackBerry Z10 and next day delivery. Although their website was showing 100+ of the item in stock, I phoned their customer services prior to ordering to confirm stock situation. I was assured they were well stocked and the item was available for next-day delivery. So, I placed my order. It was ONLY after placing the order that I discovered, through checking the online order status, that my phone won't be delivered according to the agreed schedule after all!

I found that whereas the phone was showing as being in stock the accompanying freebie, a phone case, was not! Under the situation their system REQUIRED ADDITIONAL PAYMENT OF £4.10 for next-day part-shipment. Though I was disappointed I CHOSE to PAY the part-shipment fee to ensure I received the phone in time.

I followed up my order with a phone call to confirm the delivery. I was told that whereas the phone was in stock the phone case was not. I had to remind them that I had paid part-shipment fee precisely for this reason: to have the phone delivered in time. I was promised a quick resolution and delivery.

It was supposed to be the delivery day today. However, a phone enquiry to Expansys has revealed no shipment has been made. I have, therefore, CANCELLED the order.

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-23-2013

“Hello,

we are diappointed to hear of your troubles when trying to order the HTC One from us.
We did encounter an extremely high demand for this device, and we realise that at times, our website did not accurately reflect the axctual stock available.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,
S Sathanandan
Customer Service Manager
Expansys Europe”

Expansys-UK is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Expansys-UK is a merchant member
Expansys-UK participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,876 merchant members.